In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:
Lyin' Peez likes using his "I actually knew Hitch" card on Twitter. He once claimed that Hitchens used to ARGUE ANGRILY with him.
Really? Fucking lol, you maggot Meyers. Insisting that you don't need another dude's help in zipping up at the urinal is not "arguing angrily".

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Now I am not making fun of her looks ... but that dominant feature of hers is both unfortunate and impressive and has possibly had an oversized impact on her

Can you guress what it is?

Look again:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/88 ... _fLEf_.jpg
This is what's known as the Streisand Effect.
She's pretty enough to get a job in Hooters...and that's not to be sniffed at!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Lyin' Peez likes using his "I actually knew Hitch" card on Twitter. He once claimed that Hitchens used to ARGUE ANGRILY with him.
Really? Fucking lol, you maggot Meyers. Insisting that you don't need another dude's help in zipping up at the urinal is not "arguing angrily".
:lol:

http://imgur.com/Nrwr1Uh.png

And the missing tweet he's responding to:

http://imgur.com/X7bTI0t.jpg

https://twitter.com/pzmyers/status/677151820108554241

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AndrewV69 wrote:Fucking edit button just broke.

OK, one more attempt to correct the misquote:
Lsuoma wrote: Love the intersectional name:

1. Chanda - Indian
2. Prescod - Pilgrim Fathers
3. Weinstein - da Jooz
The most impressive thing about her? Make a guess.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/100 ... 9NEdQ.jpeg

Now I am not making fun of her looks ... but that dominant feature of hers is both unfortunate and impressive and has possibly had an oversized impact on her

Look again:

Boney shoulders?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Now I am not making fun of her looks ... but that dominant feature of hers is both unfortunate and impressive and has possibly had an oversized impact on her

Look again:

This is what's known as the Streisand Effect.
She's pretty enough to get a job in Hooters...and that's not to be sniffed at!
I knose what you mean, don't you gnow?

http://classiccinemaquotes.com/wp-conte ... Fields.jpg

Also, no Chrome and no Google here for a very long time. Chrome is a spyware-corrupted copy of the open source browser Chromium, and the best end-user version of that is currently Vivaldi. DuckDuckGo is a decent search engine, and will get better the more of us that use it. No tracking at all.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:I was chuckling to myself and then saw the blue checkmark. That guy was for real?
Yup!
#OtherkinInclusion #DiversityIsOurStrength

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:I was chuckling to myself and then saw the blue checkmark. That guy was for real?
Yup!
All American policemen do is shoot the odd unarmed person from time to time.
mqdefault.jpg
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Beavis and Butthead's take:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

If PZ ends his days hanging from a rope it won't be due to anything quite as dramatic as lynching. More like auto-erotic asphyxiation gone bad.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Let's see if this wakes everyone up

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

screwtape wrote: Also, no Chrome and no Google here for a very long time. Chrome is a spyware-corrupted copy of the open source browser Chromium, and the best end-user version of that is currently Vivaldi.
I'll have to switch to that - I can't see embedded tweets on Brave. After I spend most of last night figuring out what all my passwords were and transferring them to Brave.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Good News everyone:

Potholer54 is back in Australia - and is re-opening negotiations to debate Stephen Crowder on climate change

Now, we will just have to see what C.'s response will be.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And in a call back to the previous topic on city planning and large apartment blocks - there is a documentary out on Jane Jacobs (author of 'The Life and Death of American Cites')

Alternative docs are also available

windy

Post by windy »

Happy Finland Friday!

In honour of Worldcon in Helsinki this week, here's some appropriately SF-themed art:

http://1vze7o2h8a2b2tyahl3i0t68.wpengin ... qkM9Dt.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

windy wrote:Happy Finland Friday!

In honour of Worldcon in Helsinki this week, here's some appropriately SF-themed art:

Why does South America always get shafted?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Look again:

Huge girlcock?
Well you know what they say about girls with big noses...

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I thought that was Australia then I realised I'm fucking retarded

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:Let's see if this wakes everyone up

This is most emphatically not death metal.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yeah well - Death is not the Finnish.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Have you ever wondered just how humourless and devoid of cultural richness an SJW can be? Wonder no more.
https://theestablishment.co/how-south-p ... 5abcc88c9b

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I meant to add, but decided not to abuse my edit privileges, that as has been mentioned here before a few times, some people have tremendous difficulty with satire, such is their incredible narcissism.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Sulman wrote:Have you ever wondered just how humourless and devoid of cultural richness an SJW can be? Wonder no more.

On August 13 of this year, Trey Parker and Matt Stone will celebrate 20 years of making South Park, a show that glorifies being an asshole with the excuse that it’s “comedy.” Meanwhile, Donald Trump continues to be President of the United States.
"here's two things I don't like presented in causal relationship without any justification"

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:
Sulman wrote:Have you ever wondered just how humourless and devoid of cultural richness an SJW can be? Wonder no more.

On August 13 of this year, Trey Parker and Matt Stone will celebrate 20 years of making South Park, a show that glorifies being an asshole with the excuse that it’s “comedy.” Meanwhile, Donald Trump continues to be President of the United States.
"here's two things I don't like presented in causal relationship without any justification"
I'm starting to think that they hate South Park because South Park has done some devastating satire on their sacred cows:

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

rayshul wrote:I thought that was Australia then I realised I'm fucking retarded
Don't talk that way about your poor husband.
-Soylent

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I had another dream last night. Didn't involve PZ Myers, for once, so my psychological state must be improving.

However, it did involve Indy, Rebecca Watson's dog. In the dream, Indy was crying and calling out for the Slyme Pit Crew to rescue him from his misery with Queen Bee!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

AndrewV69 wrote:The most impressive thing about her? Make a guess.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/100 ... 9NEdQ.jpeg

Now I am not making fun of her looks ... but that dominant feature of hers is both unfortunate and impressive and has possibly had an oversized impact on her

My god. Look at the size of those honking ear rings.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Big earrings are another form of aposematism, or whatever the fuck that term is - a warning for sensible people to stay the fuck away.

Oh, and Scented Nectar will be happy - for some reason No Man's Sky has got an extension. Lol.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/11/no-mans-s ... y-6845807/

John D

Post by John D »

Well at least there is one chick in Seattle with a film studies degree that found a paying job.... at least I think she got paid for this. Unless she thought "freelancing" was actually "free".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I had another dream last night. Didn't involve PZ Myers, for once, so my psychological state must be improving.

However, it did involve Indy, Rebecca Watson's dog. In the dream, Indy was crying and calling out for the Slyme Pit Crew to rescue him from his misery with Queen Bee!
Dude you need to take a break. Seriously. The day I dream about SJWs is the day I leave this forum for good.

Keating

Post by Keating »

What about your dreams about Lsuoma?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Keating wrote:What about your dreams about Lsuoma?
The lambs are still screaming

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:> I had another dream last night. Didn't involve PZ Myers, for once, so my psychological state must be improving.

> However, it did involve Indy, Rebecca Watson's dog. In the dream, Indy was crying and calling out for the Slyme Pit Crew to rescue him from his misery with Queen Bee!
Dude you need to take a break. Seriously. The day I dream about SJWs is the day I leave this forum for good.
Sit down. Have a sip of tea or coffee. Look at CommanderTuvok's prior posted dream, and think about them of a little bit.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I had another dream last night. Didn't involve PZ Myers, for once, so my psychological state must be improving.

Truly, you are a prophet.

http://i.imgur.com/8bQYZyV.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Diversion.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That's no dream.

feathers

Post by feathers »

rayshul wrote:I thought that was Australia then I realised I'm fucking retarded
I understand the confusion, but that's not Australia, it's another conk.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Sulman wrote:I meant to add, but decided not to abuse my edit privileges, that as has been mentioned here before a few times, some people have tremendous difficulty with satire, such is their incredible narcissism.
Humorless cunts, the lot of them. Narciscissm is the correct diagnosis. "Comedy" is not something the individual gets to define. Either you get a crowd to laugh or you don't. They're just angry that Trey Parker and Matt Stone skewer liberals instead of conservatives, and people have the gall to find the jokes funny.
“Ripping on Republicans is not that fun for us only because everyone else does it,” Matt explained. “It’s so much more fun for us to rip on liberals only because nobody else does it, and not because we think liberals are worse than Republicans but, just because...”

“..it’s like fresh snow. I mean how’re you gonna rip on Sarah Palin in a new way?”

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

jet_lagg wrote:They're just angry that Trey Parker and Matt Stone skewer liberals as well as conservatives
Fixed.

Not that I give South Park a totally free pass (it was almost a meme for years that they took an aggressively middle of the road position on issue after issue) but I don't get buttpained when they mock my side because I know the mock other sides too. However SJW orthodoxy can tolerate no dissent.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:They're just angry that Trey Parker and Matt Stone skewer liberals as well as conservatives
Fixed.

Not that I give South Park a totally free pass (it was almost a meme for years that they took an aggressively middle of the road position on issue after issue) but I don't get buttpained when they mock my side because I know the mock other sides too. However SJW orthodoxy can tolerate no dissent.
And that's exactly why SJWs need to be made fun of relentlessly. I happen to think that a lot of the Safe Space saga on South Park was a spot on satire of the SocJus (even though our own Godfrey Elfwick was better).

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I've had a number of liberal friends complain they go after our side more than they do conservatives, and from the creators' own words and watching the show I'm forced to agree. Still, so what? If there was one and only one explicitly conservative comedy show in American television (and it's not even explicitly conservative) are we really going to bitch and moan about how liberals have only near total dominance instead of 100% dominance? It's pathetic.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Godfrey was leagues better than PC Principal. Though there was a moment of brilliance when Cartman is getting the shit kicked out of him for assuming the gender of Subway's spokesperson, and Cartman begs that he wasn't doing anything that bad. He'd only been trying to frame the principal for raping a child. :bjarte:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I think as well that even if the Show had one scene lampooning liberals, it would still be charged as problematic.

What i found most interesting about that pile of shit masquerading as writing, was the author's age. She didn't get Wall Street because she wasn't around then. It wasn't celebrated in that sense at all. She has no understanding of what she's writing about except what is passed through this retarded prism of critical theory.

Puritans really do hate art. They hate it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote:I think as well that even if the Show had one scene lampooning liberals, it would still be charged as problematic.

What i found most interesting about that pile of shit masquerading as writing, was the author's age. She didn't get Wall Street because she wasn't around then. It wasn't celebrated in that sense at all. She has no understanding of what she's writing about except what is passed through this retarded prism of critical theory.

Puritans really do hate art. They hate it.
Of course. They can't strike fear into the heart of the sinners if they're laughed at.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Lauren Southern is bobbing about in the Med somewhere.

A lot of uncorroborated bulllshit in this story, including what I think is no little mischief from some parties involved:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40903492

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

About 600,000 migrants have been rescued from traffickers' boats and taken to Italy since the beginning of 2014.
Is that number correct? That's absolutely insane.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

MacGruberKnows wrote:{snip} Oh. Did I just go binary? How fascist of me.
In the table-top game based on Star Wars, called X-Wing, one of the two players has "initiative." If both players have used the same number of points to choose their ships, initiative is usually determined by a coin-flip. In one game at a tournament last week, my opponent and I both used 100 points, so he took out a quarter and asked me: "head or tails?" I jokingly said that I was triggered by his suggestion that coins were binary.

Being a gamer, my opponent said that he'd flip it again if it landed on its edge.

Billie from Ockham

CommanderTuvok wrote:I used to fancy the fuck out of Ashley Judd in my late teens. Now she's a right fucking rambling SJW, who has really let herself go.

What a shame.
I can't help you with the extra pounds, but the first issue is easily dealt with:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX355_.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Peak Guardian is having one of those weeks again.....

8th August, and Owen Jones posts a hysterical anti-James Damore piece, moaning about generalising against women, etc.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... mes-damore

11th August, and Julie Bindel posts an equally hysterical piece calling all men lazy and useless.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -men-women

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Billie from Ockham

Hunt wrote:
windy wrote:Happy Finland Friday!

Why does South America always get shafted?
Because, if you want to last longer, you want to stick your cock in something Chile.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
About 600,000 migrants have been rescued from traffickers' boats and taken to Italy since the beginning of 2014.
Is that number correct? That's absolutely insane.
According to UN numbers there were roughly 80,000 immigrants who reached Italy by sea in the first half of 2017. Assuming a constant flux that's 160,000 immigrants per year, which means around 480,000 immigrants since 2014. However the number of people across the Mediterranean sea was relatively higher in 2014 and 2015, relatively lower in 2016, then relatively higher again in 2017. So yeah, 600,000 sounds about right.

Italy receives most of the immigrants since it's close to Libya, and Libya now is a rump state with little to no control over the people who get in or out of the country, plus most Libyan warlords are actually in the profitable business of people smuggling. There's even a growing slave market in Libya.

Many immigrants who came to Italy aren't from Syria, they're from Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria, Mali, the Ivory Coast and other Sub-Saharan African areas. Of course there also immigrants from Syria, Bangladesh, Afganistan, Iraq, even the Arabian peninsula (usually economic migrants from other muslim areas who look for better pay and more benefits in Europe than in the "brotherly" muslim theocracy where "there is no racism or exploitation").

Anyway Italy is under enormous pressure. Most of the immigrants don't stay in Italy: their goal is more often than not to reach Sweden or France or Germany or Austria or the UK. However many European countries are closing off their borders, including now France under Macron, so most immigrants are left in Italy, and Italian institutions can't handle them.

The majority of Italians is fed up with the situation, especially since it's mostly the Italian navy which has dealt with the emergency, and the NGOs who have helped them have been found to be engaging in people smuggling themselves. Italy is closing off its ports to the NGOs which don't allow Italian police presence on their vessels.

The issue is tearing apart the European Union, since most European countries want to handle their immigration policies by themselves. Eastern European countries don't want any illegal immigrants, many Western European countries want to reduce the flux of immigrants to their countries and have some of them settle in other parts of the EU, Italy can't handle the crisis very well on its own.

I think that unless the European Union is able to come up with a common strategy to deal with this flux of immigrants it will collapse under the pressure of competing immigration interests between its constituent countries. Also at this rate any attempt of integration seems futile. I think that social tensions will rise more and more, between immigrants and EU citizens and between the immigrants themselves.

The picture isn't rosy and those who think that the only problem with illegal immigration to Europe is the rise of xenophobia are seriously deluded. There's a reason why far-right parties are on the rise in Europe, and it's because most "mainstream" parties so far are looking unprepared and incompetent to handle what's going on.

I don't that the far-right parties have the numbers to govern Western European countries (they do govern the Eastern ones though) but more and more "mainstream" parties will try to integrate parts of their immigration programs into their own. Macron is already doing this to a degree.

The age of the open European borders is largely over, and if the EU leadership isn't careful about establishing some cooperation on dealing with the migrants crisis efficiently, and not just in order to appeal to specific corporate interests or to appease the European versions of the SocJus the EU itself might come apart, especially since there are many social problems in Southern European countries due to failed European economic policies and austerity.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Sunder wrote:
Fixed.

Anyone capable of pulling out such a Shakespearean marvel as Orgazmo should be bereft of criticism.

Jesus and I love you.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sulman wrote:Lauren Southern is bobbing about in the Med somewhere.
Is that the pet name for her fiancee's minge?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Anyone capable of pulling out such a Shakespearean marvel as Orgazmo should be bereft of criticism.
Ok, Hamster Style was hilarious. Not much else.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: Libya now is a rump state
Based on the Kardashians, Sarkeesian, and assorted other -ians I've known, Armenia is rump state, too.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

They are right to hate South Park. The South Park guys aren't the friend of anyone with a dogmatic perspective, and SJWs have a lot to fear from satire.

Here's hoping Matt Stone and Trey Parker keep the heat on.

John D

Post by John D »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Peak Guardian is having one of those weeks again.....

8th August, and Owen Jones posts a hysterical anti-James Damore piece, moaning about generalising against women, etc.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... mes-damore

11th August, and Julie Bindel posts an equally hysterical piece calling all men lazy and useless.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -men-women

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow... I almost never read the Guardian. I actually thought it was the UK's premier news source. It is a complete piece of shit. At least all the opinion pieces are shit. Maybe there is some useful hard news in there too. :think:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Libya now is a rump state
Based on the Kardashians, Sarkeesian, and assorted other -ians I've known, Armenia is rump state, too.
[emoji337] [emoji601] [emoji601] [emoji601] [emoji601]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:Wow... I almost never read the Guardian. I actually thought it was the UK's premier news source. It is a complete piece of shit. At least all the opinion pieces are shit. Maybe there is some useful hard news in there too. :think:
Most opinion pieces in the vast majority of newspapers are shit. Most online opinion pieces are even worse. If you want news with as little bullshit as possible check out Reuters, then read at least two or three sources from newspapers across the political aisle and see how they compare. If something doesn't seem to check out, do some research on your own and seek out evidence. Usually most blatantly fake stuff is easy to debunk these days if you have enough time.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Old_ones wrote:Here's hoping Matt Stone and Trey Parker keep the heat on.
One of the most "rock 'n' roll" things I've ever seen was Matt & Trey on the red carpet, in drag, tripping balls on LSD. Crazy bastards!