In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Steersman »

feathers wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Hope no pitters in British Columbia are near the forest fires, just seen a report on the news. Stay safe, shitlords.
In fact, I hope nobody is near with the exception of trained firefighters.

Especially no bears.
Bit a disaster area - think the Province has even declared a "state of emergency":

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4196204

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4194320

I'm on the southern coast so don't have much to worry about, although I expect there are power lines that transit some the areas affected. But I have a few friends and relatives in the interior where the bulk of the fires are which is causing some degree of consternation.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?
We have tea like the Americans have guns.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Wow. I thought the determinist Coyne comment a day or two ago was maybe lacking context or something, was I wrong:
As I always say, it’s easier to convince a diehard creationist of the truth of evolution than to convince a diehard atheist of the fact that our behaviors are determined, and that we can’t make alternative choices at a given moment.
I usually blow off William Craig Lane arguments about first cause = God (especially the Christian one) with 'nice classical physics argument for a quantum or maybe sub-quantum event. your argument is not well founded.' Has Coyne ever heard of quantum mechanics?
I certainly find Coyne's dogmatism on the issue kind of exasperating - think it borders on scientism if it hasn't crossed it in style with all hands on deck. But he's apparently aware of quantum mechanics though it hasn't made much of a dent in his "theory" - being charitable:
Coyne wrote:... that’s why I have a hard time convincing people that their behaviors are absolutely determined—with the possible exception of quantum effects.
Profound effects can come very small differences, Jerry. One would think that anyone with the least understanding of the history of science would appreciate that theories tend to evolve or get supplanted, and that it is unwise at best to be dogmatically certain about any of them. My favorite case in point is that of Lord Kelvin (William Thomson) who had argued, in 1900, that "physics was over except for two small clouds on the horizon" which turned out to be quantum theory and the theory of relativity? (The Trouble with Physics; Lee Smolin).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

piginthecity wrote:
Do Yanks really reach for the gun like it's Xanax?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Never bring tea to a gun fight

Keating

Post by Keating »

Americans throw tea overboard

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
Do Yanks really reach for the gun like it's Xanax?
It's a cheaper way to solve all your psychological troubles. You only need a single shot.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Both are common & redily available in Chicago & Baltimore. Not so sure about tea.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So does anyone have much insight on the role Furries played in WWII. I've found one book but fear it may be a little biased.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fur-Volk-Fuhre ... 1909384534

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:Never bring tea to a gun fight
I'm not so sure - even with non-conventional weapons things can get a little out of hand

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uv92 ... -rooms_fun

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

rayshul wrote:Problem with that delurch is that even if all transpeople wanted this...

A shit load of them now have been hormoned at an early age. It means MTF trans people can't transition their genitals because there's basically not enough to actually do a proper transition... as we see with that i am Jazz chick.

FTM genital transitioning is still pretty broken.
We have absolutely no business committing children to an irreversible course at an age where their eventual gender/preference is still in a state of flux. We know (used to know in the case of those who follow the party line) that kids often exhibit confusion about gender and of those who persistently do, roughly half will fall back into alignment with their physical sex, roughly half will turn out to be gay, and a very tiny minority are actually gender dysphoric. Present day thinking would take all of them and impose transition-by-hormones, ignoring the fact that children are developing and therefore not set in stone. This prematurely freezes them at an unfinished stage of their development, and represents sacrificing them on the altar of political correctness. It's like taking a ten-year old who likes Justin Bieber and altering her brain so that Bieber is the only music she ever can listen to, never mind that she might have gone on to develop a taste for Mahler or the Rolling Stones. Pointing this out got the pioneering head of the gender identity clinic in Toronto fired.
For those who do transition, who really ought to transition, the dysphorics - the expectation that they can have functional constructed genitalia is unrealistic. At best we make a physical cartoon of the desired genitals, and most of them know this and accept it going in. The autogynephiles and trans-trenders have a much harder time accepting that as it doesn't fit their fantasy image of themselves. They, like all the rest of us, need reminding that life is not, and ought not to be expected to be, perfect. Telling children they are all princesses and superheroes doesn't do them any favours in the long run; they would be better off having the mantra that life's a bitch and then you die drilled in.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

katamari Damassi wrote:Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?
Yes.

We have to manage the electricity supply when popular TV programmes end (bbc) or have commercials because everyone putting the kettle on brings a huge load to bear.

Also it's customary to put the kettle on when someone arrives, or when there is a crisis or when someone needs to deal with stress.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tea is in our DNA, :flags-wavegreatbritain:

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Wow. I thought the determinist Coyne comment a day or two ago was maybe lacking context or something, was I wrong:
As I always say, it’s easier to convince a diehard creationist of the truth of evolution than to convince a diehard atheist of the fact that our behaviors are determined, and that we can’t make alternative choices at a given moment.
I usually blow off William Craig Lane arguments about first cause = God (especially the Christian one) with 'nice classical physics argument for a quantum or maybe sub-quantum event. your argument is not well founded.' Has Coyne ever heard of quantum mechanics?
Coyne's not a physicist. He goes off on one every time a physicist says something wrong about biology but still thinks he's an expert on physics.

Determinism breaks down at the subatomic level. If the human brain is a physical object this indeterminisn plays a role. The only way indeterminism would not play a role is if the 'mind' was not governed by physical processes.

Coyne's posts on determinism are generally poor and the whole 'of toy believe in free will you believe in God' argument is a pathetic attempt to poison the well.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

feathers wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Hope no pitters in British Columbia are near the forest fires, just seen a report on the news. Stay safe, shitlords.
In fact, I hope nobody is near with the exception of trained firefighters.

Especially no bears.
It's okay, I've just seen katamari logged in so he's safe.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

piginthecity wrote:
Full of lead and used too much by policemen?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

So yeah, Coyne doesn't even have his foundations correct. Determinism might not be true. I think it's worse than that though because he doesn't seem to realize the free will argument is way more complicated than the physics involved. Plenty say that the idea of libertarian free will is completely incoherent. Would acting randomly somehow more free than acting as a necessary consequence of initial conditions? The difference is that humans (and other animals to a lesser extent) can analyze those conditions and alter them. Not to an infinite degree. Most people could easily think of situations where they made decisions because "they didn't have any choice", and everyone recognizes the influence of upbringing, which is just an accident of birth.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Keating wrote:Americans throw tea overboard
[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

She's not a man she's a woman pretending to be a man :doh:

http://i.imgur.com/zsPi5vN.png

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/uks-first ... l-6764021/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

jet_lagg wrote:So yeah, Coyne doesn't even have his foundations correct. Determinism might not be true. I think it's worse than that though because he doesn't seem to realize the free will argument is way more complicated than the physics involved. Plenty say that the idea of libertarian free will is completely incoherent. Would acting randomly somehow more free than acting as a necessary consequence of initial conditions? The difference is that humans (and other animals to a lesser extent) can analyze those conditions and alter them. Not to an infinite degree. Most people could easily think of situations where they made decisions because "they didn't have any choice", and everyone recognizes the influence of upbringing, which is just an accident of birth.
Coyne defines 'free will' as something entirely random. He defines it in such a way that having 'will' means you have no freedom. I wake up this morning and have cornflakes instead of raping my neighbour. That's my will. To say I have no free will because I follow my preferences instead of acting as if I flipped a non-deterministic coin is incoherent. Random behaviour isn't freedom. If I have no control that's not freedom. That's just another form of determinism.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

rayshul wrote:Also looks like there's only a 78% you can wank yourself to orgasm after SRS.
I can attest to this, but am still somewhat offended by being called a "senior" (even when it's buried in an acronym).

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: I certainly find Coyne's dogmatism on the issue kind of exasperating

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Hey, men! You're sexually ignorant!

Hey, women! Your bodies are a mystery, and I want to keep them that way by rehashing extremely tired old cliches about *titter* the clitoris *giggle*.

https://preview.ibb.co/iLYuaF/Screen_Sh ... _51_AM.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: I certainly find Coyne's dogmatism on the issue kind of exasperating
Haha!!! Fucking perfect, nice one Tigzy!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Shatterface wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:So yeah, Coyne doesn't even have his foundations correct. Determinism might not be true. I think it's worse than that though because he doesn't seem to realize the free will argument is way more complicated than the physics involved. Plenty say that the idea of libertarian free will is completely incoherent. Would acting randomly somehow more free than acting as a necessary consequence of initial conditions? The difference is that humans (and other animals to a lesser extent) can analyze those conditions and alter them. Not to an infinite degree. Most people could easily think of situations where they made decisions because "they didn't have any choice", and everyone recognizes the influence of upbringing, which is just an accident of birth.
Coyne defines 'free will' as something entirely random. He defines it in such a way that having 'will' means you have no freedom. I wake up this morning and have cornflakes instead of raping my neighbour. That's my will. To say I have no free will because I follow my preferences instead of acting as if I flipped a non-deterministic coin is incoherent. Random behaviour isn't freedom. If I have no control that's not freedom. That's just another form of determinism.
Determinism is bullshit. Plain and simple. I don't understand why Jerry even cares about it. It's like fucking religion. Who determines? To what end? Did I leave the oven on?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ali is off to Poland for a week, so managing the oven is one of my duties.

windy

Post by windy »

If we can't make alternative choices, the diehard atheist couldn't have chosen to be convinced by Coyne's arguments, and Coyne couldn't have chosen to be any more convincing, so the outcome was determined anyway. So what's his problem?

And does it even make sense to talk about whether one activity is "easier" than the other if we can never choose between them? :fpig:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Myers links to Oglaf? A webcomic all about sexual objectification? Not even surprised.

I can't wait to see the skeletons in his closet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:Question for Brits. We've been watching Last Tango in Halifax-husband is a bit of an anglophile so we watch a lot of shows like this, in fact I often wonder if his anglophilia made him become an Episcopal priest though he was raised Baptist, but I digress-anyway... I've been enjoying it, but I have to laugh because any time something dramatic or serious happens to one of the characters, another character has to put a kettle on. You could make a drinking game out of it; have a shot every time someone goes for the tea. Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?
http://orwell.ru/library/articles/tea/english/e_tea

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Question for Brits. We've been watching Last Tango in Halifax-husband is a bit of an anglophile so we watch a lot of shows like this, in fact I often wonder if his anglophilia made him become an Episcopal priest though he was raised Baptist, but I digress-anyway... I've been enjoying it, but I have to laugh because any time something dramatic or serious happens to one of the characters, another character has to put a kettle on. You could make a drinking game out of it; have a shot every time someone goes for the tea. Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?
http://orwell.ru/library/articles/tea/english/e_tea
Also, HHGTTG passim.

Oh, and my favourite Oglaf:

http://media.oglaf.com/comic/intermission.jpg

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ali is off to Poland for a week, so managing the oven is one of my duties.
Should we start the fundraiser for skin grafts to repair the upcoming third degree burns now?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ali is off to Poland for a week, so managing the oven is one of my duties.
Should we start the fundraiser for skin grafts to repair the upcoming third degree burns now?
I'll be fine. Delivery food and stuff if need be.

I just realized my original comment was in bad taste...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ANERIS!!!!!!!!!!! OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
See? He gets me, he really does!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
See? He gets me, he really does!
So, I assume you'll be laying the gas pipes for Nazism?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Nelson Ellis (True Blood, Elementary) has died.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e56645 ... OOD-09.jpg

Only 39.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Nelsan. Fucken autocorrect.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote: So, I assume you'll be laying the gas pipes for Nazism?
Ya know, this whole laying pipe thing isn't nearly as easy as you folks seem to think.

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Laying pipe for Nazism isn't as dangerous of transporting it by tanker. You don't want to have to end up washing Nazism out of cormorant feathers.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

screwtape wrote:
rayshul wrote:Problem with that delurch is that even if all transpeople wanted this...

A shit load of them now have been hormoned at an early age. It means MTF trans people can't transition their genitals because there's basically not enough to actually do a proper transition... as we see with that i am Jazz chick.

We have absolutely no business committing children to an irreversible course at an age where their eventual gender/preference is still in a state of flux. We know (used to know in the case of those who follow the party line) that kids often exhibit confusion about gender and of those who persistently do, roughly half will fall back into alignment with their physical sex, roughly half will turn out to be gay, and a very tiny minority are actually gender dysphoric. Present day thinking would take all of them and impose transition-by-hormones, ignoring the fact that children are developing and therefore not set in stone. This prematurely freezes them at an unfinished stage of their development, and represents sacrificing them on the altar of political correctness. It's like taking a ten-year old who likes Justin Bieber and altering her brain so that Bieber is the only music she ever can listen to, never mind that she might have gone on to develop a taste for Mahler or the Rolling Stones. Pointing this out got the pioneering head of the gender identity clinic in Toronto fired.
For those who do transition, who really ought to transition, the dysphorics - the expectation that they can have functional constructed genitalia is unrealistic. At best we make a physical cartoon of the desired genitals, and most of them know this and accept it going in. The autogynephiles and trans-trenders have a much harder time accepting that as it doesn't fit their fantasy image of themselves. They, like all the rest of us, need reminding that life is not, and ought not to be expected to be, perfect. Telling children they are all princesses and superheroes doesn't do them any favours in the long run; they would be better off having the mantra that life's a bitch and then you die drilled in.
On a slight tangent, as the desire to change sex with no history of a previous physical/medical condition is a different issue, but In a past career I worked (in a supportive non medical role) in a teaching hospital/Medical School Dept dealing with among other things . intersex disorders. It was often the case back then, that historically from lectures etc, when a baby presented with ambiguous genitalia, that the default gender assigned was female.
Why? Because the first question parents ask after a relatively healthy birth is " Boy or girl?"
Technically for paediatric surgeons, the easiest option is to construct a rudimentary vagina (basically taking tissue away) rather than the complexity of somehow building anything resembling a penis, let alone a working one. So to avoid the ambiguity for the parents and difficulty for surgeons and clinicians, they assign female, and make little "girls". This produces certainty for a while , but has potentially unforeseen consequences.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:Laying pipe for Nazism isn't as dangerous of transporting it by tanker. You don't want to have to end up washing Nazism out of cormorant feathers.
Comorant, huh? Are you sure you weren't thinking of something else?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I doubt this made news outside Canada, but five off-duty naval ratings chose to visit a statue of Cornwallis in Halifax where some first nations people were holding some form of ceremony. Cornwallis was the founder of Halifax, and the fact there is a statue of him has become controversial as he once offered a bounty for native scalps back in the days when said natives were doing their best to collect scalps from the invaders. These five lads waved a red ensign and sang 'God Save The Queen', which resulted in some verbal back and forth, but no violence. They were not in uniform, but all wore black sweat shirts. Apparently they belonged to a group known as the Proud Boys, founded by the same guy who founded Vice magazine, and this group is dedicated to 'western chauvinism' - which seems to mean showing pride in the achievements of western civilisation.
They are now suspended from duty, and condemned by admirals and generals alike (confusingly, Canada unified her armed forces into one service, so we have generals telling rear-admirals what to do etc. Just remember: the rear comes before the vice.) It seems likely they will be discharged with loss of pension etc, simply to make a point. Most likely they are little shits, who can claim that they simply acted in a patriotic fashion (waving the flag, singing the anthem) but all the while intended those acts to be targeted in a derogatory fashion against the native people who witnessed their performance.
So far, so boring. Black shirts, black shorts, seen it all before. But along comes some hungry Globe & Mail columnist, Elizabeth Renzetti, who manages to turn these five into representatives of the entire white male sex, and surprise, surprise! - their sin is not to offend native people, but to be white, and male, and to offend non-native women! Never saw that coming!

Proud Boys toss around the shade in the Summer of White Male Grievance
The marching song for this Summer of White Male Grievance is an opinion piece published in the Boston Globe on July 3, and hugely popular on its website ever since. Under the headline, “In defense of the white male,” author Roland Merullo admits that his particular demographic had been guilty of many misdeeds in the past, including slave-owning and war-making, but that its many triumphs and discoveries are now overlooked and denigrated. “And,” he writes, “if it were not for the millions of white men who gave their lives in World War II, we might all be starting the work day with the Nazi salute.”

Well, that could be because women were excluded from combat in the U.S. forces at the time, and served in other ways, and doesn’t acknowledge the contribution of African-American soldiers, but anyway. Mr. Merullo’s larger point is that white men feel aggrieved.
Just think of all the splendid WW2 movies that could have been made if only women had not been been excluded! Inglorious Bitches, Katie's Heroes, One of Our Tampons is Missing, Six O'Clock Thigh, The Longest Lay etc.
I could tell him that women feel aggrieved every day over pay and wealth inequity, harassment and lack of representation in politics and the boardroom. I could point to the women in the United States who are having their right to reproductive health-care challenged by a group of uniformly pink-hued suit-wearers in the Congress and Senate. And yes, women have complained about these injustices. And yes, our reaching for even the most meagre slice of the pie has led us to this place, where our reach is condemned as greed.

But there’s a difference between feeling mildly peeved, which is the bro challenge at the moment, and actually being subjected to violence, exclusion and deprivation, which happens to women and minorities every day in North America. I’m sorry that it feels terrible. There’s a pile of our used hankies over there, if you’d like to borrow a few.
Um, wasn't this supposed to be an assault on the sensibility of indigenous people? Why is your article about boardrooms and reproductive rights? That is to say, Ms Renzetti, why is this all about you? Isn't it a very real form of cultural appropriation when you take an insult aimed at someone else, someone with real and actual grievances, and pretend it was aimed at you, a privileged white woman living the good life as a successful journalist in Toronto? And why pretend this dreadful assault on your person was perpetrated by all white men instead of just five young louts who have never heard of you, don't read your articles and probably don't give a rat's arse about the bien-pensant Globe & Mail?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

screwtape wrote:I doubt this made news outside Canada, but five off-duty naval ratings chose to visit a statue of Cornwallis in Halifax where some first nations people were holding some form of ceremony. Cornwallis was the founder of Halifax, and the fact there is a statue of him has become controversial as he once offered a bounty for native scalps back in the days when said natives were doing their best to collect scalps from the invaders. These five lads waved a red ensign and sang 'God Save The Queen', which resulted in some verbal back and forth, but no violence. They were not in uniform, but all wore black sweat shirts. Apparently they belonged to a group known as the Proud Boys, founded by the same guy who founded Vice magazine, and this group is dedicated to 'western chauvinism' - which seems to mean showing pride in the achievements of western civilisation.
They are now suspended from duty, and condemned by admirals and generals alike (confusingly, Canada unified her armed forces into one service, so we have generals telling rear-admirals what to do etc. Just remember: the rear comes before the vice.) It seems likely they will be discharged with loss of pension etc, simply to make a point. Most likely they are little shits, who can claim that they simply acted in a patriotic fashion (waving the flag, singing the anthem) but all the while intended those acts to be targeted in a derogatory fashion against the native people who witnessed their performance.
So far, so boring. Black shirts, black shorts, seen it all before. But along comes some hungry Globe & Mail columnist, Elizabeth Renzetti, who manages to turn these five into representatives of the entire white male sex, and surprise, surprise! - their sin is not to offend native people, but to be white, and male, and to offend non-native women! Never saw that coming!
The real issue with the Proud Boys:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If I can't wank to it, it's not my Revolution.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
screwtape wrote:I doubt this made news outside Canada, but five off-duty naval ratings chose to visit a statue of Cornwallis in Halifax where some first nations people were holding some form of ceremony. Cornwallis was the founder of Halifax, and the fact there is a statue of him has become controversial as he once offered a bounty for native scalps back in the days when said natives were doing their best to collect scalps from the invaders. These five lads waved a red ensign and sang 'God Save The Queen', which resulted in some verbal back and forth, but no violence. They were not in uniform, but all wore black sweat shirts. Apparently they belonged to a group known as the Proud Boys, founded by the same guy who founded Vice magazine, and this group is dedicated to 'western chauvinism' - which seems to mean showing pride in the achievements of western civilisation.
The real issue with the Proud Boys:
You know, it takes a real wanker to take the wank out of being a wanker.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Amusing thing of SJWs inadvertently applauding a speech comprised of Hitler quotes:-

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:

The fucking SJWs will have created an entire generation of confused and often mutilated kids, all for the sake of smug virtue signaling.

I will add, however, that liking Mahler classifies as a mood disorder.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Determinism is bullshit. Plain and simple.
Of course you'd say that.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

There is something seriously wrong with Meyers and his resident fucking loons.

The standard of comments you allow on your blog is the standard of rank perversity you accept.

https://preview.ibb.co/gS9O2v/Screen_Sh ... _49_PM.png

https://preview.ibb.co/kRpHUa/Screen_Sh ... _55_PM.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:There is something seriously wrong with Meyers and his resident fucking loons.

The standard of comments you allow on your blog is the standard of rank perversity you accept.

Marcus Ranum tried to argue that muslim terrorists probably don't understand why they do what they're doing (and so shouldn't be taken at face value when they say they're following the Qu'ran):
Marcus Ranum wrote:
An article quote by Anjuli Pandavar wrote:How many more bombs have to go off at a marathon’s finish line before the academic and political poseurs admit that there are wild-eyed, merciless, bloody-minded radicals — and I emphasize the word radicals — all across this planet who believe that Allah is delighted every time they slaughter a non-Muslim.
“and I emphasize the word radicals” begs the question, it’s the “no true scotsman” argument – the writer is talking about only the wild-eyed radicals that behave the way he says they behave. Yes, there are some of those out there, but he is no more able to establish the relationship between their beliefs and their politics than anyone else is; they probably don’t know, themselves.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dan Arel attacks everyone who's not ideologically aligned with the Left:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DERGbZaW0AEtULl.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ranum likes to argue that jihad has nothing to do with religion, it is just politics and these people wouldn't do it if the the capitalist/imperialists hadn't been mean to them.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Ranum likes to argue that jihad has nothing to do with religion, it is just politics and these people wouldn't do it if the the capitalist/imperialists hadn't been mean to them.
That's the kind of reasoning that leads leftists to support an islamic revolution and to be the first against the wall when the dust settles. It happened in Iran.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

What most people both on the left and the right fail to realize is that muslim theocracy isn't a tool. Muslim religious leaders have their own agendas, and the moment your politics aren't useful anymore they jump down from the "democracy" or "leftists" or even the "anti-communist" train and try to get rid of you, or at least to hit you hard enough to ensure you won't interfere in their projects.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:Dan Arel attacks everyone who's not ideologically aligned with the Left:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DERGbZaW0AEtULl.jpg
◄ Revelation 3:16 ►

New International Version
So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:There is something seriously wrong with Meyers and his resident fucking loons.

I really want to hear the convoluted explanation as to how xir totally accidentally happened upon and watched many hours of death porn.

This is the trend, it seems. The SJW faction of the atheist community are a collection of fucking weirdos who just want more societal acceptance for their devious sexual interests. Now, they could simply engage in these things behind closed doors, but then they won't get victim points for bigots being confused as to why you would want to Fuck a father buried in the sand by his kids.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote:Americans throw tea overboard
Only at parties harbouring imperialists ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
[.img][/img]
:) Though there is a difference between my tenacious and well-evidenced defense of various theses, and Coyne's ipse dixit on free will.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Where Rebecca subjects Indy to Otto level SD just to see what happens.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:Where Rebecca subjects Indy to Otto level SD just to see what happens.

Shit guitar player.