Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote: these people have made themselves a name as conspiracy loons and fake news peddlers
You're making a name for yourself, Aneris.

Germany wants to regulate a 24-hour livestream as a broadcaster
-Running a non-stop Twitch channel could be expensive.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/25/ger ... vestreams/

Germany warns Facebook and Twitter: Regulate fake news or pay
The German government is proposing new legislation that would fine social media platforms up to $53 million for failing to regulate and delete "criminal" content.
https://www.cnet.com/news/germany-warns ... or-pay-up/

NYTimes: Facebook and Twitter Could Face Fines in Germany Over Hate Speech Posts
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/t ... or-pay-up/

Social media sites face heavy hate speech fines under German proposal
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... s-facebook

Bekämpfung von Hasskriminalität und strafbaren Falschnachrichten – Bessere Rechtsdurchsetzung in sozialen Netzwerken
http://www.bmjv.de/SharedDocs/Artikel/D ... werke.html

Report obligation

The operators of social networks are obliged to report quarterly on the handling of complaints about the content relevant to criminal law. The report shall include, inter alia, information on the volume of complaints and the decision-making practices of the networks, as well as the staffing and competence of the work units responsible for handling the complaints. The reports must be accessible to everyone on the Internet.

Fines

Operators of social networks, which do not create an effective complaint management at all or not correctly - particularly because they do not delete criminal contents, not completely or not in time - commit an administrative offense. This can be punished with a fine of up to five million euros against a person responsible for the appeal. The fine itself can be up to 50 million euros.

A fine may also be imposed if the social network does not comply fully with its reporting obligation.

Preliminary ruling procedure

According to § 10 of the Telemediengesetz, a service provider is obligated to immediately delete an unlawful content as soon as he becomes aware of this. This means that a service provider must first decide whether a reported content is unlawful.
Authorized representative

Social networks are committed to better enforcement, irrespective of their place of residence, to appoint a responsible contact person in Germany for service in criminal proceedings and civil proceedings.

Government Site Builder Standard Solution (Link to homepage)

items
PRESS RELEASE 14 MARCH 2017
Deletion of criminal hate commentaries by social networks still insufficient

Social networks still delete too little criminal content, which is reported to them by users. This can be seen in a monitoring conducted by Jugendschutz.net, the transnational competence center for youth protection on the Internet, in January and February.

This monitoring is supported by the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection. It is the second test of this kind, which examines how fast the platforms respond to complaints and whether they delete the reported posts. A first test took place in July and August 2016.

The current survey shows that Facebook deletes or blocks 39 % of the criminal content reported by users. This is 7 percentage points less than the first test. Only 33 % were deleted within 24 hours of the complaint. In Twitter , only one of a hundred user messages was still being erased. In no case did the deletion take place within 24 hours. Compared to the first test significantly improved YouTube . Here, the rate of deletion of users reported by the user is 90 % . At 82 % , the deletion occurred 24 hours after the notification.

"There can be just as little space in the social networks as on the street for criminal muttering and slander. Facebook and Twitter have not used the opportunity to improve their deletion practices. Too few punishable comments are deleted. And they are not erased quickly enough. The biggest problem is that the networks do not take the complaints of their own users seriously enough. Google shows with the platform Youtube that it is better . Therefore, it is now clear that we must further increase the pressure on social networks. We need legal regulations to make companies even more obligated to eradicate criminal offenses. "
Federal Justice and Consumer Protection Minister Heiko Maas

http://www.bmjv.de/SharedDocs/Pressemit ... nn=6704238

Being charitable to Aneris, access to these search results may be blocked in Germany, or the German news media may not be reporting the story, for fear of fines & criminal hatespeech prosecution. ;-p

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

[quote="Brive1987"]The good news is that Rebecca is now officially mentally disabled. That may fuck her insurance down the line.

Now she's officially a lunatic could this be a case of pet Munchausen by proxy or yet part of her cunning plan to move in with Chris?
"But if I move in babe we can both keep an eye on him in case he's sick again, and anyway he's kinda your doggy too honeybuns"

http://i.imgur.com/KuLWzE7.png?1

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:ESA? Con.
Qualification:
The ADA defines "emotional/psychological disability" very broadly and does not limit the type of disability for which an emotional support animal can be used. The essence of the law states that if you have any emotional or psychological condition that prevents you from performing normally on a day to day basis, then you are qualified.

Note: To be accompanied in the cabin of an aircraft by your ESA at no charge, airline companies require that you have a properly written letter from a licensed therapist, counselor, or in some cases, physician, which states that you are emotionally disabled and require an ESA as part of your treatment. Property managers, landlords, and HOAs may also require some sort of verification for you to qualify for no pet, limited weight of pet, and/or restricted species/breed pet housing.

If you have no therapist or your therapist is unwilling to write such a letter, we recommend using Chilhowee Psychological Services; a licensed and legitimate mental health agency who specializes in online disability assessments and offers a letter of prescription to clients who qualify: http://www.cptas.com.
https://www.nsarco.com/emotional-suppor ... ation.html
So Sloth made it into the DSM?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

she parks in handicap spaces and now is gaming service animal rules...yet she has the stones to criticize everyone else on-line.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ape+lust wrote:
ERV wrote:Btw you all have not considered the possibility the 'crazy neighbor' doesn't exist, and was made up to get her into the boyfriends place asap. Paying your own bills sucks.
No, I hadn't considered that. I don't know why -- she's low enough to do it. Touché.

She'd better be working fast. Sooner or later he'll have his first experience of holding her hair out of the toilet while she barfs her guts out. After that, her chances dry up pretty quick :lol:
Quite an image you've conjured up there Ape, and you didn't need GIMP either, bravo!!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It has been claimed by various security forces that Russians have been using youtube to spread fake news and propaganda. There are a number of channels I've seen that seem to fit that description. You see a lot of obviously false headlines like " Hillary Clinton just arrested for child rape ring" and they tend to have a machine doing the narration, presumably to cover up the russki accent. This particular channel generates 8 videos/ hour, not something that looks like a mom or pop operation:
[youtube][/youtube]

BillHampReturns

Post by BillHampReturns »

free thoughtpolice wrote:It has been claimed by various security forces that Russians have been using youtube to spread fake news and propaganda. There are a number of channels I've seen that seem to fit that description. You see a lot of obviously false headlines like " Hillary Clinton just arrested for child rape ring" and they tend to have a machine doing the narration, presumably to cover up the russki accent. This particular channel generates 8 videos/ hour, not something that looks like a mom or pop operation:
[youtube][/youtube]
What brand of foil do you use for your hats?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

If your look up the creator, they have a lot of "National Enquirer" type tales.

"Obama undetectable assassin's one is already dead!!1!!"

free thoughtpolice

BillHamp. Would you care to pull your head out of your ass for a few minutes and take a look at this channel before you call me crazy.
They make dozens of videos every day with the same automated voice thing making outrageous claims every time. It would take more than a few people to crank out that much volume.
There are channels like Paris Swade that make deliberately false news for clicks (he admits it is bullshit by the way). This could be one of them, except now youtube has demonetized these sort of sites so they have a lot of labor put in for no gain as they don't have a patreon or other obvious way to generate revenue.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

gurugeorge wrote:
Steersman wrote: No shortage of evidence to justify my contention, if you and Aneris would bother to read the facts on the ground, that there is, apparently, no shortage of outright bigotry & hate directed towards Muslims. But recognizing the "vile bits" really does dick-all about preventing their inculcation or propagation or implementation. As I've frequently argued, the "moderates" more or less provide cover or a breeding ground for the extremists; simply not possible or reasonable to absolve them for all of the barbarisms done in the name of their "religion". And as Waters put, we will close the borders to Muslims, and when the reformers manage to get it to look like secular democracy (when pigs fly) then we'll consider opening them again.
Sorry to invoke Godwin, but as one of the recent crop of ex-Muslim anti-Islamic firebrands recently said (I think it was the one with the Euro-sounding name, Gabrielle somethingorother), the vast majority of Germans weren't Nazis. But look what happened.

I think the situation with Muslim populations and Islamism is much more like the situation of the German population wrt Nazism than we're comfortable admitting.

IOW it's like this: a large majority sort of tacitly support the Islamofascists, because they have a vague dream of power at the back of their minds, of maybe of getting back at the cultures that have "humiliated" them (the Western capitalist democracies). If the full implications of it were brought home to them (if they could smell the ovens, so to speak) they'd naturally be horrified, because of course they are basically decent people and not fanatics, but the combination of "emperor's new clothes" conformity and that petty dream of power at the back of the mind, conspires to keep them on a track that's giving aid and comfort to the theocratic fascists.

The few who stand up to Islamofascism (ex-Muslim atheists, etc.) are like the few brave Germans who stood against the tide, and got humiliated or worse for their troubles. The general zeitgeist is to tacitly support.
Well said. Although I don't think you need to apologize at all for "invoking Godwin" - if it walks like a duck and all that. But you may know that Ayaan Hirsi Ali called Islam "the new fascism":
In a 2007 interview in the London Evening Standard,[21] Hirsi Ali characterised Islam as "the new fascism":
Hirsi Ali wrote:Just like Nazism started with Hitler's vision, the Islamic vision is a caliphate – a society ruled by Sharia] law – in which women who have sex before marriage are stoned to death, homosexuals are beaten, and apostates like me are killed. Sharia law is as inimical to liberal democracy as Nazism.... Violence is inherent in Islam – it's a destructive, nihilistic cult of death. It legitimates murder.
In a 2007 article in Reason magazine, Hirsi Ali said that Islam, the religion, must be defeated and that "we are at war with Islam. And there's no middle ground in wars."[5] She said, "Islam, period. Once it's defeated, it can mutate into something peaceful. ...
"Amen" to that - (Mecca, nukes, etc.) But she has apparently tempered that more honest assessment in the intervening years, and back-tracked somewhat to the view that Islam is capable of reformation (ha! when pigs fly). Although she continues to rake "radical" and "political" Islam over the coals - see her recent "Confronting political Islam" - even if one might reasonably argue, as you and many others, including Michael Nugent, have suggested, that Islam is intrinsically and essentially political. It simply ain't going to change its rather odious and barbaric "spots", and the sooner we realize that the better for all concerned.

But speaking of such "spots", and relative to your:
gurugeorge wrote:If the full implications of it were brought home to them (if they could smell the ovens, so to speak) they'd naturally be horrified, because of course they are basically decent people and not fanatics ...
you might note this case of blasphemy in Pakistan that the Pakistani-Canadian "atheist-Muslim" Ali Rizvi referred to:

If you're on Twitter you might check out the hashtag (#HangAyazNizami) which might disabuse you of the notion that Muslims "are basically decent people and not fanatics". No doubt there are some who might qualify as such but the facts of the matter are that a disturbingly large percentage are psychotic cretins - being charitable.

But I quite agree with your "The few who stand up to Islamofascism (ex-Muslim atheists, etc.) ..." Apropos of which, you might check out a Quillette post on the topic, "On Betrayal by the Left – Talking with Ex-Muslim Sarah Haider". You might also search for some YouTube vids of Haider (from ExMuslimTV if I'm not mistaken); she is a one helluva going concern - some impressive courage and cogent observations.

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

Spike13 wrote:If your look up the creator, they have a lot of "National Enquirer" type tales.

"Obama undetectable assassin's one is already dead!!1!!"
What mainly makes me suspicious about this site is the sheer volume of videos they churn out. They have more output than Alex Jones and he has a large staff and has the money to pay for staff and stringers through his radio show as well as peddling his diet supplements and other crap.
This site doesn't have real humans reading things out, there is no clue as to who is behind it or where it comes from and the consistency of the videos makes it look like an organized operation.
Although most of the videos are rather unbelievable they do make the odd credible one, like the one that documents BillHamp blowing dead goats. :P

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

BillHampReturns wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:It has been claimed by various security forces that Russians have been using youtube to spread fake news and propaganda. There are a number of channels I've seen that seem to fit that description. You see a lot of obviously false headlines like " Hillary Clinton just arrested for child rape ring" and they tend to have a machine doing the narration, presumably to cover up the russki accent. This particular channel generates 8 videos/ hour, not something that looks like a mom or pop operation:
[youtube][/youtube]
What brand of foil do you use for your hats?
Nobody but Trump and a few infatuated Trumpinas are still doubting that the Russians attempted to influence the US elections and continue to attempt to influence the elections of other democracies. The only question is how successful they were and whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with them.

I totally agree that Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate, a narcissistic mess with more baggage than a major airline. This does not mean Trump is excused, and there certainly is more than enough evidence to merit a thorough investigation. If the campaign was innocent, fine. If not, that makes either campaign personnel or even Trump himself a traitor. That's worth checking out.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Republicans would be howling for blood and a special prosecutor. Hell, some Republicans are doing that even now. If it was my favorite candidate, I would still want an investigation, because these are disturbing allegations with potentially very serious consequences. Unlike a presidential blowjob, this shit matters. You can't just pretend there's nothing to it until it has been proven one way or another. "Nothing to see here" is the furthest thing from a skeptical position.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Watching Wrestlemania tonight with Fang-in-drag & the blackface artist guy, at a swanky sausage joint.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

paddybrown wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: If PZ were a squid, he'd be a virile beast. But alas, he has only 2 legs and lives in Morris, Minnesota.

http://imgur.com/8k95tx3.jpg
What does he use to masturbate with?
The usual: a meager and dwindling supply of schadenfreude.

Plus, friction:

paddybrown wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Does moving into the new place resolve the situation with the too-loud guitar?
It does indeed! My immediate neighbour lets a friend use her house to practice the trumpet in, and I can hear him from outside but not from inside, so the party walls must have heavy duty insulation. I've also played a few times at reasonable volume and asked her if she can hear me, and she says she can't.
Great! It's a treat, isn't it? Playing whenever, wherever you want without worry is like being unbound creatively.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

gurugeorge wrote:Sorry to invoke Godwin, but as one of the recent crop of ex-Muslim anti-Islamic firebrands recently said (I think it was the one with the Euro-sounding name, Gabrielle somethingorother), the vast majority of Germans weren't Nazis. But look what happened.

I think the situation with Muslim populations and Islamism is much more like the situation of the German population wrt Nazism than we're comfortable admitting.

IOW it's like this: a large majority sort of tacitly support the Islamofascists, because they have a vague dream of power at the back of their minds, of maybe of getting back at the cultures that have "humiliated" them (the Western capitalist democracies). If the full implications of it were brought home to them (if they could smell the ovens, so to speak) they'd naturally be horrified, because of course they are basically decent people and not fanatics, but the combination of "emperor's new clothes" conformity and that petty dream of power at the back of the mind, conspires to keep them on a track that's giving aid and comfort to the theocratic fascists.

The few who stand up to Islamofascism (ex-Muslim atheists, etc.) are like the few brave Germans who stood against the tide, and got humiliated or worse for their troubles. The general zeitgeist is to tacitly support.
I actually think that islamist groups are islamo-fascists/islamo-nazis, but the situation is actually more similar to the SJW infiltration of the left.

Muslim supremacist groups (not only the Islamic State, but also all the Salafi insurgents, from Al-Qaeda-Al-Nusra-Jabahat Fatah Al-Sham to the Caucausus Caliphate) are basically islamo-nazis. Salafism in general, even when it's not politically violent, is islamo-fascism, and so is the Iranian regime, or are the Deobandis. And yes, their ideas are very popular among the muslim youth, which is made up of many little Eichmanns.

The Salafi-islamist groups have networks of schools, charities and media, they spread countless conspiracy theories, usually blaming the Jews, just like old Adolf and his merry gang. They preach the message that the "west", the "christians" are evil, weak, castrated puppet of the International Jewish Conspiracy, and that the strength of liberal democracy is only a paper tiger, ready to give way to muslim domination through the "demographic bomb" (at best). They preach that the "west" is dying, that this is the age of an islamic domination of the world.

At the same time they also whine that muslims are horribly oppressed more than any other group on earth when it's convenient. They blame muslim terrorist attacks, like 9/11, on the victimization of the muslims, forced to endure kaffir domination and kaffirs even in the Holy Ground of Arabia.

This is pretty similar to what the SJWs say: on one hand they're "one the right side of history" and they're going to erase "evil" (kaffir domination vs. "toxic masculinity"/the Patriarchy) soon enough thanks to their strength and to shifting demographics, on the other hand every time something happens that they don't like they're poor, helpless victims, attacked by a secret evil conspiracy that couldn't best them in the open field and so has to resort to unethical tactics (while their tactics are always ethical, even when they aren't).

Germany also had a victimhood narrative based on the Versailles Treaty and the corruption of France, the UK and the USA, once mighty enemies, as puppets of the international jewish conspiracy, but Nazis were a unified, coherent party.

Islamists, like SJWs, are more of a general zeitgeist than a precise organization. There are many squabbles between different schools of thought in both movements which are due to differences about which kind of identity/victimhood movement should be created and who should be in charge.

Of course the big difference between islamists and the SJWs is that the islamists are revivalists, not innovators. Their reference books are ancient: the Qu'ran, the ahadith, the Sunna. They don't have to convince people that they're in the right through guilt and shame alone, they can simply cite the relevant sections of the word of Allah and shut down any debate. People are in general more conservative than progressive. The "woke" SJWs find fertile grounds in universities but aren't accepted by society at large. They're still seen as weird and out of place by many.

On the other hand "political" islamists are perfectly at home in muslim societies. Sure, some people might think that some of them go too far at time, and the violent groups receive a mix of support on one side and suspicions of being Mossad or CIA puppets on the other. But their ideas aren't weird or out of place, they're the backbone of a muslim society. Among most religious muslims the worst you can hear about muslim supremacy is that it's an excess of zeal. In order to criticize muslim supremacy in an effective way you need to criticize Mohammed himself, and that's a big taboo.

People might say that the Islamic State is horrible, especially if they're Shia or Alawis, but they hardly tolerate the kaffir who mock the Islamic State or criticize it. Only muslims can criticize other muslims, the kaffir are always inferior and can't dare to criticize muslims, hell they shouldn't even dare to express any negative comment on any aspect of islam, since as kaffir they can't understand islam.

The position towards the Islamic State, the most literal application of the Qu'ran, is often awkward and incoherent. Shia people call the Islamic State blasphemers because they call all Sunnis blasphemers. Many non-salafi Sunnis believe that the Islamic State is a product of the CIA or of Mossad: Palestinians are especially prone to this, since Israel has actually helped other Salafi militias against Assad and Hillary Clinton closed an eye to the shady dealings of Gulf Countries with anti-Assad salafi militias, but they're less likely to call them blasphemers.
Salafis who dislike the Islamic State and prefer other salafi militas usually simply say the Islamic State is legally illegitimate since their caliph isn't the authentic caliph.

Few condemn the acts of the Islamic State because they're horrible acts and they'd be horrible against everyone: most muslims (even Shia muslims) see the Islamic State as bad because it targets other muslims. It's hard to find someone who gives a shit about christians or atheists or yazidis killed by the Islamic state.

No Salafi will ever sincerely mourn a non-muslim killed by a muslim in the name of islam, and even among non-salafis it happens only on a personal basis ("I knew those people, they were good people, they could have been good muslims") and with the usual "whatabout" caveat ("Yes, those attacks of Daesh are terrible, but what about the Crusades? What about the Iraq war? What about Trump?").

Islam in general dulls your empathy for non-muslims as group. You CAN be a muslim and friend of non-muslims, but it's a) hard and b) something that you do on a personal basis with people you like and hoping that one day they'd convert to islam. It's very, very hard for a muslim to argue "when muslims kill non-muslim civilians in the name of Allah it's wrong, period" without ifs or buts.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Muslims are more often than not horribly "kafirophobic", even though some might say "I don't hate unbelievers, some of my best friends are unbelievers!".

free thoughtpolice

A little change of pace.
[youtube][/youtube]

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Nobody but Trump and a few infatuated Trumpinas are still doubting that the Russians attempted to influence the US elections and continue to attempt to influence the elections of other democracies. The only question is how successful they were and whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with them.

I totally agree that Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate, a narcissistic mess with more baggage than a major airline. This does not mean Trump is excused, and there certainly is more than enough evidence to merit a thorough investigation. If the campaign was innocent, fine. If not, that makes either campaign personnel or even Trump himself a traitor. That's worth checking out.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Republicans would be howling for blood and a special prosecutor. Hell, some Republicans are doing that even now. If it was my favorite candidate, I would still want an investigation, because these are disturbing allegations with potentially very serious consequences. Unlike a presidential blowjob, this shit matters. You can't just pretend there's nothing to it until it has been proven one way or another. "Nothing to see here" is the furthest thing from a skeptical position.
Unless he was caught on the phone it will be difficult to prove a link between Trump and the Russians for the election influence. What is going to send Trump to jail is getting his business financed through Russian laundered money. I think that once there is enough hard information and the Republicans feel safe to do so they will start howling for Trump's blood as most would far prefer Pence to Trump.

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

So, the WSJ article about ads on "racist" videos that resulted in a bunch of advertisers yanking their brands from YouTube? Turns out they (almost certainly) faked the screenshots and made the whole thing up:

[youtube][/youtube]

Yay, we get all the shitty parts of a cyberpunk future, and none of the really cool shit.

free thoughtpolice

About the BreakinNews24 youtube channel, it appears to be linked to this:
http://news.enat.ro/

Does anyone here know what the .ro domain is and what that foreign language used in the ad links is (right hand side of page in blue font)?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Service Dog,

The situation was this …
Aneris wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Jump to 1:54:50, to hear about Germany's attempts to force YouTubers in Germany to obtain TV broadcasting licenses & conform to TV-broadcast censorship standards, as well mandates on Social Media platforms in Germany to compile quarterly surveillance reports documenting all hatespeech on their platforms, at great expense:

[youtube].[/youtube]
Never heard of it, and didn't find anything on such measures. I'm not claiming it isn't true, but unless there is a solid source, I'm not buying it. Especially, since these people have made themselves a name as conspiracy loons and fake news peddlers with minimal fact checking, if they like the conclusion (as always).
The material you provided here does not support these claims. The official government site you provided is about crimes conventionally in the books, and about enforcement of them on the internet. They are about libel and incitement to violence and such, and about making social media companies more accountable, i.e. Google, Facebook, Twitter. Making the tea even weaker, this document discusses a law proposal. The quarter-yearly reports these services are asked to make are not to the government, but are to be released to the public and should show the volume of the complaints, and how they are being processed. The 24/7 stream that might fall under broadcast laws is a separate case.

If that is really the basis for these claims, your souces are again misleading, with a known technique of:
  • Taking a grain of truth, there's really a law proposal, libel laws etc exist, the 24/7 stream may be considered a broadcast and fall under that law.
  • Misleading conflation, YouTube rando versus 24/7 stream or versus Giant Social Media Corp. making it seem as if The (EU?) Goverment Is Coming For Ya (the little person).
  • Playing off US law versus German law, which has stronger personality rights, at the expense of total free speech. You cannot just write anything on other people, that's where their space begins, according to our laws, and of course that's what enrages Free Speech absolutist Americans.
  • Exaggeration, making it all seem far more serious and alarmist than it is in practice.
  • Gish Galloping, multiple issues, lots of legal fine print, different cases arranged around a narrative theme.
The next step is usually the Fake News Gambit, after having left the fake rubbish, the peddler waits for a critical response, attack the critic as an alleged denialist of everything. This is an interesting, SJWish, technique for it serves polarisation and the user of the technique can then build on the manufactuversy as a soap box to virtue signal. Alas, any merit and real discussion one could have is poisoned in the process. For example, I really find it concerning that a 24/7 internet stream might fall under broadcast rules, though I see no problem with social media companies being held accountable to existing laws that count elsewhere too. You also asserted:
Service Dog wrote:I'm experiencing deja-vu. The last time you replied to me, you made a similar broad claim-- asserting that it was typical of an entire group you disagree-with-- to peddle bullshit. Last time it was MRAs. When I asked you to provide basis for your accusation, you vanished.
viewtopic.php?p=414401#p414401

Got anything to back up your claim, this time?
The word you want is not deja-vu, but amnesia. Not only did I reply to you on e.g. Straughan several times, I also addressed MRA pseudo-history, as a quick search will reveal quickly. I also discussed Kraut, Computing Forever Dave and Sargon's conspiracy side, e.g. when they invited the Reichsbürger to their stream (here). They are also big on the “Cultural Marxism” and “Culture War” theme, where it gets ridiculous and ridiculouser (once again the trusted technique of taking a grain of truth ...)

The Reichsbürger stream should be this one. The most charitable interpretation is that they didn't know the guy's views in full and confirmation bias just made them swallow his pitch.

Basically, the same modus as before: here we get to see an alarming news if true, sounding as if the government kicks in your door when you post your opinion on the internet, and once you inspect, it turns out the guy is a full fledged “freeman of the land” style Neo Nazi who believes the Kaiserreich still exists and was never legally abolished, so that by some legal woo, (modern-day) Germany's laws don't count and that waving around and spreading views in treason territory is no big deal and it's just his opinion.

The US crowd eats it up, because the anti-Nazi laws irks them on Free Speech absolutism grounds (which is also a convenient motte, because they are arguable), and they are forever fearful of the Government Is Coming For Ya rhetoric (right wingers that is, now mostly the audience) — and German or “german-controlled” EU also has the right ingredients for grossly exaggerated Fox News style fearmongering, and gels nicely with the Brexit crowd.

The result is unimpressive, and somewhat comical considering that this was supposed to be a corner that prides itself in critical thinking, and skepticism. Now it is not uncommon to see Infowars themselves being listened to, or their talking points with just some of their “out there” conspiracies being filtered out.

Guest_9dbc137a

Post by Guest_9dbc137a »

Wild Zontargs wrote:So, the WSJ article about ads on "racist" videos that resulted in a bunch of advertisers yanking their brands from YouTube? Turns out they (almost certainly) faked the screenshots and made the whole thing up:

Yay, we get all the shitty parts of a cyberpunk future, and none of the really cool shit.
Nah, it looks as if Ethan likely made a mistake.

According to twitters and kia, YT didn't demonetize the video, but the monetization was claimed by a third party early on who said they owned copyright to the audio.

reddit dot com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/632cco/evidence_that_wsj_used_fake_screenshots/dfqvqwq/

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Guest_9dbc137a wrote:Nah, it looks as if Ethan likely made a mistake.

According to twitters and kia, YT didn't demonetize the video, but the monetization was claimed by a third party early on who said they owned copyright to the audio.

reddit dot com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/632cco/evidence_that_wsj_used_fake_screenshots/dfqvqwq/
Ah, if that's the case, then disregard previous, I suck cocks, etc.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Aneris wrote: these people have made themselves a name as conspiracy loons and fake news peddlers
You're making a name for yourself, Aneris. ....
Apropos of nothing much in particular ... ;-)

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
More fake news, for I never endorsed such views (and never voted for her, because she's a conservative). But thanks for the demonstration, Steersman. Here you show how it works: because I'm critical of fake news peddled by you guys, I therefore must be on the purported other side (which is a collage of everyhting other): With Us or Against Us, right? But that's how it works, I am now to explain where I do not agree with Merkel, further being roped into your little fake news manufactuversy. Then you can step on your soap box and so forth. Business as usual. Find someone else for your SJWIsh nonsense.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Someone pls point me back to where this makes sense?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Do I think the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians to sway the election and enrich themselves? Yes.

Do I think that the Russians actually managed to influence the election and get Trump elected? No.

Do I think the Trump team should go to jail anyway? Yes.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

katamari Damassi wrote:Do I think that the Russians actually managed to influence the election and get Trump elected? No.
The margin of victory turned out to be razor thin in the rust belt. Russia only needed to affect a bit of a nudge. The Podesta release alone may well have been enough.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:Someone pls point me back to where this makes sense?
He is such a liar and coward. But nice to know he reads the slymepit.

Hi Dan! Your neck tattoo looks like a skin disease. Also, your book, Parenting Without God is such a disaster. Could you not afford an editor? Were not the hundreds of errors obvious? The content was trite, and immediately obvious to anybody that wasn't a reetard. I got a free copy, and feel like I over-paid.

free thoughtpolice

d4m10n wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Do I think that the Russians actually managed to influence the election and get Trump elected? No.
The margin of victory turned out to be razor thin in the rust belt. Russia only needed to affect a bit of a nudge. The Podesta release alone may well have been enough.
The mistakes like the deplorables and others no doubt were much larger than some of the other factors, but in a close race even a small advantage can give victory.
(Old Russian proverb)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:
But of course America has never intervened in countries around the world, frequently for rather self-serving if not criminal motivations:
Map: 200 years of US military interventions
As the United States fights military campaigns in Iraq and Syria, take a look at the long history of overseas US military deployments. ....
Not that I'm saying that such interventions were always unjustified.

Guest_9dbc137a

Post by Guest_9dbc137a »

d4m10n wrote:
Dude builds this house. Uses straw ignoring the steel and brick laying around. The straw house seems habitable, but one day a gentle wind blows it over. Dude goes screaming that we should arrest the wind. It was the gentle nudge of the wind that blew my house down. Steel and brick snigger.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lalo Dagach is tearing Dan Arel a new one:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote: <snip>
[.tweet][/tweet]
More fake news, for I never endorsed such views (and never voted for her, because she's a conservative). But thanks for the demonstration, Steersman. Here you show how it works: because I'm critical of fake news peddled by you guys, I therefore must be on the purported other side (which is a collage of everyhting other): With Us or Against Us, right? But that's how it works, I am now to explain where I do not agree with Merkel, further being roped into your little fake news manufactuversy. Then you can step on your soap box and so forth. Business as usual. Find someone else for your SJWIsh nonsense.
:-) Sorry if that was cutting a little close to the bone - it was meant more as a friendly needle than part of any type of organized argument, particularly on that "discussion"; I had just run across the tweet and it seemed like an amusing counter-point to your ongoing battle with Service Dog.

But, FWIW, from recollection, I think you made a reasonable refutation of SD's argument regarding FaceBook and social media in general. And, as you know and have commented on recently, I think some on the right have "gone off the deep end" in their criticisms of Islam and of Muslims in general. Which is why I have some sympathy for Eiynah's (Nice Mangos') argument, although I think she periodically lets her emotions, her emotional attachments to the Muslim community - friends and relatives I expect, get the better of her analysis.

However, I think it rather clear that there's more than a little justification for some of the arguments on the right on Islam that she and too many others on the "Left", and on other parts of various "horseshoes", are remarkably unwilling to address - too far to the right for your taste as I think you mentioned. But, more specifically, that is the fundamental, bedrock, issue of whether Islam is in any way compatible with democracy & human rights. I mentioned this earlier, but y'all might check out Anjuli Pandavar's latest on the West's Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), and Islam's Cairo Declaration of Human Rights in Islam (CDHRI). Sure would like to know how you - and Merkel and the usual suspects in her "gang" - think the principles and values of democracy can coexist inside the same country as those of a theocracy - a paradigmatic case of oil and water in my book.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A Quillet article on Ayaan Hirsi Ali's plan to fight political islam:
Hirsi Ali names the best-known Islamist organizations, and they include “mainstream” ones often cited uncritically by the press. Among these figure the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, and the Muslim Brotherhood. Yes, the Muslim Brotherhood, which the New York Times recently called “perhaps the most influential Islamist group in the Middle East” and warned against declaring a terrorist organization. (Before rushing to its defense, the Times might have noted the Brotherhood’s alarming slogan: “Allah is our objective; the Qur’an is our law; the Prophet is our leader; jihad is our way; and death for the sake of Allah is our highest aspiration.”)

These groups claim to represent the American Muslim community, but in fact do not speak for moderate Muslim reformers (with whom the United States, she tells us, should ally itself).
Yup.
The real problem, Hirsi Ali notes, in her paper, is that any Islamist organizations that “aren’t Al Qaeda” end up looking moderate. Before engaging with such groups, the FBI should scrutinize their ideological background to “ensure that they are not committed to the Islamist agenda;” and the IRS should revoke their tax-exempt status if they turn out to be Islamist. (This obviously means that the relevant government agencies will have to study the Islamist agenda in order to recognize it.) Likewise, the Department of Homeland Security “should subject immigrants and refugees to ideological scrutiny.” She also wants the government to “prioritize” the entry of those “who have shown loyalty to the United States,” as well as screen chaplains employed by the government. That such suggestions will sound extreme to many only shows how far off track our public discourse about Islam has wandered. She also advocates placing mosques and Islamic centers “credibly suspected of engaging in subversive activities” under “reasonable surveillance.”
Double yup.
To those who would accuse Hirsi Ali of fearmongering, she replies that the influence of Islamist participation in public life is gradual and corrosive. I would add that we see evidence of this in, say, the dread that stopped the news media from running the Charlie Hebdo cartoons after Islamists slaughtered the magazine’s staff in 2015; in the harsh grilling CNN gave the controversial anti-jihad activist Pamela Geller for holding her “Draw Muhammad” contest later that year; in the frequency with which the free-speech-inhibiting noun “Islamophobia” bespatters the press; and in the threats levelled at former Muslims – including Sarah Haider, co-founder of Ex-Muslims of North America, and, obviously, Hirsi Ali herself. There are many other examples, but what transpires as most worrisome is the support, if only tacit or through ignorance, of far too many citizens of one of the world’s most advanced democracies for an illiberal creed and its retrograde customs. In a country founded on the rights to free speech and the pursuit of happiness all this is outrageous. Or it ought to be.
Triple yup.
Hirsi Ali has recommendations for changes to American diplomacy – chiefly, that foreign governments cease supporting Islamist activities in the United States “as a condition of US friendship,” and that the United States “punish” transgressors with “trade sanctions or cuts in aid payments.” What this would do to alliances with, say, the Gulf States, is impossible to predict (though they are not based on friendship, but calculated, mutual self-interest); but the gist of her point should be self-evident. Allies should not strive to subvert one another, and this is just what Saudi Arabia (for example) is doing by funding Wahhabi enterprises in the United States.
Fuck me, it's scary how much Hirsi Ali makes sense.
Hirsi Ali bluntly concludes that, “People with views such as these pose a threat to us all.” Most will not turn to terrorism, she adds, but their “attitudes imply, at the very least, an aversion to the hard-won achievements of Western feminists and campaigners for minority rights, and at worst a readiness to turn a blind eye to the use of violence and intimidation tactics against, say, apostates and dissidents.” Almost half the American Muslims surveyed believe their community leaders “had not done enough to speak out against Islamist extremists;” and more than a fifth think that there exists no small amount of “support for extremism” in their communities. Yet non-Muslims voicing fears about such matters generally suffer vilification as “Islamophobes” and racists. The problem, again, is ideological, and not just a matter of demographics and certainly not of skin color; about one in four American Muslims are converts.
The executive director of CAIR, Nihad Awad, decried the U.S. government’s “anti-Muslim witch hunt” for raiding the offices of Ghassan Elashi, co-founder of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development. But “Elashi was later indicted and convicted of channeling funds to Hamas.” (This unsettling contretemps didn’t stop the FBI from later thanking CAIR for “keep[ing] the nation safe.”) The FBI refuses to “engage in the war of ideas” with Islamists, and therefore blew it severely when it interviewed the infamous Islamist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki four times before he absconded to Yemen to preach jihad. (A drone strike killed him in 2011.) Later that year, a coalition of Islamist groups urged national security adviser John Brennan to “purge all federal government training materials of biased materials critical of Islamic theology.” Brennan duly complied, cutting 876 pages and 392 presentations deemed “offensive” to Islamist sensibilities but that doubtless would have enlightened analysts as to the Islamist danger. One wonders if any of the terrorist attacks that followed could have been prevented had Brennan not been so attendant to Islamist concerns.
I didn't know about Brennan. This is troubling.
That means speaking openly and rationally about it with Muslims. Hirsi Ali told me that “By being honest, we can ask Muslims the question: what needs to be reformed, and how can Muslims go about reforming problematic tenets? If we deny that there is a need for reform in mainstream Islamic religious law (Shariah), we are only empowering the Islamists.” I would add that we should remember the stakes and overcome our fear of causing offense, and recall the ultimately salutary effect of free speech. Milton’s wise words ring out to us down through the centuries: “Let [Truth] and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter? Her confuting is the best and surest suppressing.”
Too much to ask in these times, when "not giving offense" is the priority.

katamari Damassi

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
He is such a liar and coward. But nice to know he reads the slymepit.

Hi Dan! Your neck tattoo looks like a skin disease. Also, your book, Parenting Without God is such a disaster. Could you not afford an editor? Were not the hundreds of errors obvious? The content was trite, and immediately obvious to anybody that wasn't a reetard. I got a free copy, and feel like I over-paid.
:lol:

I stopped giving a shit what Arel thought after his "punching Nazis is a moral imperative-everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi," series of posts.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Brive1987 wrote:The good news is that Rebecca is now officially mentally disabled. That may fuck her insurance down the line.

The one requirement for a person to legally qualify for an emotional support animal (ESA) is that the person has a letter from a licensed mental health professional (therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist -NOT the family doctor) on his/her letterhead that states the person is under his/her care, is emotionally or psychiatrically disabled, and prescribes for the person an emotional support animal. Without this letter, if the person presents an animal as an ESA, he/she is in violation of federal law; an offense punishable by fine and imprisonment, if convicted.
Looks to me like Becky is setting up a Disability/SSI claim. She's building up a record of maladies; she can't recognize faces, she's on medical marijuana for whatever the fuck is supposed to be wrong with her, now she managed to get some half-assed therapist (in most states damned near anyone can call themselves a therapist) to prescribe an emotional support dog. Even her laziness works in her favor for a mental disability, a collage degree she's never used, Skepchick dying off, booted from SGU, the Quiz-o-thing which went nowhere and speaking engagements drying up.....all due, no doubt, to her crippling emotional problems.

Give her a couple more years to build a case and she should have enough to get a decision in her favor. Once in the system she'll take full advantage of every program and service available to the disabled, from rent assistance to someone to come by twice a week and clean up the dog shit.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Michael J wrote:Unless he was caught on the phone it will be difficult to prove a link between Trump and the Russians for the election influence. What is going to send Trump to jail is getting his business financed through Russian laundered money. I think that once there is enough hard information and the Republicans feel safe to do so they will start howling for Trump's blood as most would far prefer Pence to Trump.
"Follow the money" is the best approach. An investigation is warranted. If Trump violated the law then he deserves to be punished. If he was clever enough to bend the rules but never break them, like Clinton did with the Saudis, then it just means that the US political system needs a reform badly (which pretty much everyone already knows).

I don't know if Pence would be any better than Trump, though.

free thoughtpolice

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The good news is that Rebecca is now officially mentally disabled. That may fuck her insurance down the line.

The one requirement for a person to legally qualify for an emotional support animal (ESA) is that the person has a letter from a licensed mental health professional (therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist -NOT the family doctor) on his/her letterhead that states the person is under his/her care, is emotionally or psychiatrically disabled, and prescribes for the person an emotional support animal. Without this letter, if the person presents an animal as an ESA, he/she is in violation of federal law; an offense punishable by fine and imprisonment, if convicted.
Looks to me like Becky is setting up a Disability/SSI claim. She's building up a record of maladies; she can't recognize faces, she's on medical marijuana for whatever the fuck is supposed to be wrong with her, now she managed to get some half-assed therapist (in most states damned near anyone can call themselves a therapist) to prescribe an emotional support dog. Even her laziness works in her favor for a mental disability, a collage degree she's never used, Skepchick dying off, booted from SGU, the Quiz-o-thing which went nowhere and speaking engagements drying up.....all due, no doubt, to her crippling emotional problems.
I think she needs to sue Richard Dawkins for her useless life.
Her life has been destroyed by Dear Muslima. :violin:

Give her a couple more years to build a case and she should have enough to get a decision in her favor. Once in the system she'll take full advantage of every program and service available to the disabled, from rent assistance to someone to come by twice a week and clean up the dog shit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-o ... president/
What is most worrisome about Trump is Trump himself. He is a man so unpredictable, so reckless, so petulant, so full of blind self-regard, so untethered to reality that it is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation. His obsession with his own fame, wealth and success, his determination to vanquish enemies real and imagined, his craving for adulation — these traits were, of course, at the very heart of his scorched-earth outsider campaign; indeed, some of them helped get him elected. But in a real presidency in which he wields unimaginable power, they are nothing short of disastrous.

free thoughtpolice

quote fuck up :oops:

free thoughtpolice

quote fuck up :oops:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Michael J wrote:Unless he was caught on the phone it will be difficult to prove a link between Trump and the Russians for the election influence. What is going to send Trump to jail is getting his business financed through Russian laundered money. I think that once there is enough hard information and the Republicans feel safe to do so they will start howling for Trump's blood as most would far prefer Pence to Trump.
"Follow the money" is the best approach. An investigation is warranted. If Trump violated the law then he deserves to be punished. If he was clever enough to bend the rules but never break them, like Clinton did with the Saudis, then it just means that the US political system needs a reform badly (which pretty much everyone already knows).

For the GOP, Pence is far preferable because he actually knows how government works. Trump is a walking disaster who cares only about his own psychosis and is tearing apart the Party.

That, and no pee-pee tape on Pence.

katamari Damassi

TheMudbrooker wrote:

SSI Disability is difficult to get and likely to get even more difficult under the Annoying Orange administration. Years ago I knew a narcoleptic who was denied SSI Disability.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

For the GOP, Pence is far preferable because he actually knows how government works. Trump is a walking disaster who cares only about his own psychosis and is tearing apart the Party.

That, and no pee-pee tape on Pence.
:lol:

Regardless of all the alleged Russia-Trump connections the golden shower thing is likely false.

free thoughtpolice

You were there right? :P

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote:Ahh so now we know how she managed to blag her landlord into letting her keep the dog. Indy's no ordinary puppy but an Emotional Support Animal and now she claiming victimhood for not being allowed to take the pissing machine down the local pub. ... Jeez does this cunt of a woman have no shame? :shock:
http://i.imgur.com/v3If6CH.png?1
How much do you want to bet they placed that sign up just because of Rebecca bringing her dog in where she was not allowed to.

I kind of hate people who abuse the support that service animals get by claiming it is an Emotional Support dog. Unlike helper dogs, or dogs that detect and warn of oncoming epileptic seizures, these "Emotional Support" dogs are only trained (if at all) by the owner. They drag them around everywhere and they crap and piss everywhere because they are not trained.

They are not service dogs, they are an excuse for people who want to bring their dogs everywhere.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:You were there right? :P
No, were you? :lol:

Trump is a known germaphobe, why would he have women piss in his bed?

Let's stick to what's believable, please, or this will turn into the Pizzagate of the left.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:That double post wasn't my fault! :x
Free ThoughtPolice did nothing wrong!

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:

Let's stick to what's believable, please, or this will turn into the Pizzagate of the left.
I also think it is unlikely.
The report by the way is that he watched prostitutes pee on the bed that the Obamas had slept on, not on Trump or his bed.
A "germaphobe" may very well take pleasure at his rival being defiled.
You apparently have formed an opinion with false evidence. :P

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-o ... president/
What is most worrisome about Trump is Trump himself. He is a man so unpredictable, so reckless, so petulant, so full of blind self-regard, so untethered to reality that it is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation. His obsession with his own fame, wealth and success, his determination to vanquish enemies real and imagined, his craving for adulation — these traits were, of course, at the very heart of his scorched-earth outsider campaign; indeed, some of them helped get him elected. But in a real presidency in which he wields unimaginable power, they are nothing short of disastrous.
Somewhat apropos of which, something from a recent post by Kenan Malik; don't agree with all of his arguments, here or elsewhere, but I think this raises a couple of interesting or useful points:
Pandaemonium: the smell of rot fills the country

This is a second extract from John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath (the first extract is here). Steinbeck’s novel tells the story of the Joad family who, like millions of other Americans in the 1930s, having been thrown off their land by the banks, migrated to California. But here, too, the bitter rationality of the market not only denies them a living wage, but lets food rot even as thousands starve. Long before the idea of migrants conjured up images of Mexicans or Syrians, Americans were migrants in their own country, and facing the same hostility. And long before we became obsessed by globalisation, the market denied American workers the most basic needs of life.
Steinbeck wrote:The works of the roots of the vines, of the trees, must be destroyed to keep up the price, and this is the saddest, bitterest thing of all. Carloads of oranges dumped on the ground. The people came for miles to take the fruit, but this could not be. How would they buy oranges at twenty cents a dozen if they could drive out and pick them up? And men with hoses squirt kerosene on the oranges, and they are angry at the crime, angry at the people who have come to take the fruit. A million people hungry, needing the fruit – and kerosene sprayed over the golden mountains.

And the smell of rot fills the country. ....
Globalization, and capitalism in general, no doubt have their value. But, like most if not all systems, they can be carried to pathological extents. While Trump no doubt has his "warts", I still think that in comparison to Clinton - the only other alternative on the table - he is decidedly the lesser of the proverbial two evils. Particularly on the issues of Islam, and, somewhat relatedly, on the dichotomy of globalism versus nationalism; see Haidt's "When and Why Nationalism Beats Globalism".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

I also think it is unlikely.
The report by the way is that he watched prostitutes pee on the bed that the Obamas had slept on, not on Trump or his bed.
A "germaphobe" may very well take pleasure at his rival being defiled.
You apparently have formed an opinion with false evidence. :P
According to the report they had also sex in that bed...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Fuck, Kirbmarc, lighten up! pee-pee tape is hilarious.

[youtube][/youtube]

NB: trump denied the story was true by saying he's a germaphobe and would never pay whores to pee on the bed of his Moscow hotel room.

He never denied having whores in his Moscow hotel room.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:Lalo Dagach is tearing Dan Arel a new one:
Why does violent atheist bro Dan Arel hate women so much?

I look forward to seeing that on Buzzfeed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Could someone summarize the nice mangoes controversy? Everything I've seen from her sounds right.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

It doesn't. It got barely mentioned here. The best I can make out is that a few nobodies started bitching about a few people that are on our radar in terms of putting worthwhile content, for issues we don't care about.

That guy is feeding on fumes from someone's ass.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

And to prove my point.

NSFW

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: Trump is a known germaphobe, why would he have women piss in his bed?
Right. Because a germaphobe would want nothing to do with urine.

[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Guest_9dbc137a wrote:
Wild Zontargs wrote:So, the WSJ article about ads on "racist" videos that resulted in a bunch of advertisers yanking their brands from YouTube? Turns out they (almost certainly) faked the screenshots and made the whole thing up:

Nah, it looks as if Ethan likely made a mistake.

Im pretty sure a copyright claim is irrelevant. A video demonetized for 'improper' content will stopped receiving adds wether it has another copyrights holder on it or not. I don't recall the screenshot of the youtuber showing a copyright claim demonetization on it. maybe i should check it again but that was a regular demonetization for content as far as i remembers.

Am i taking crazy pills? Why would a copyright claim override a "not appropriate content" strike? It makes no sense. Would Coca-cola suddenly be "ha ok, the money goes to the other guy. Fine. Keep my add on that video called 'something something nigger'. Its fair game."