Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:
deLurch wrote:So who is excited about the soon to be released transformer movie?
Enjoy the trailer preview.
[youtube.][/youtube]
I've not seen any of the others - do you think I will still be able to follow the plot?
I think that trailer makes the plot clear. They appear to be avoiding the Wonder Woman route, and are going the Ghost Busters route.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

That said, the prior Transformer's movies were as if the plot didn't matter. It was all action. Not bad for a popcorn flick, but nothing memorable. I guess my biggest beef with the prior flicks, is that in their desire to make the robots so complex and awesome, they made them too complex to follow. The whole screen might as well have been a giant blur.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Not to doxx - but rumour has it that Mykeru started using the alias 'John D'...

...or maybe not.
It's not me.....
[attachment=0.]gramophone-250x250.jpg[/attachment]
Well the world would be a less interesting place without either of you in it.

(Yes - you can take that as a compliment if you like.)

feathers

Post by feathers »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
deLurch wrote:Well many people thought he wasn't funny. He had diverted a good chunk of his "humor" into pandering to feminist issues, and that is where he built his audience fan base. He was just saying things they agreed with & taking pot shots at non-feminists. Once that burned to the ground, and lost his radio show he had no more audience.
I seem to recall PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson thought he was funny.
They also think Bjarte Foshaug is funny :bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
deLurch wrote:So who is excited about the soon to be released transformer movie?

[youtube.][/youtube]
I've not seen any of the others - do you think I will still be able to follow the plot?
What is this plot of which you speak?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:What is this plot of which you speak?
If you want the plot summed up briefer than that trailer, I will give you this pictorial representation of that trailer.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/e732ced346/25637.jpg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

MarcusAu wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]
You wont' be able to follow the plot, but not because you didn't see the others. It will be because the movies are incoherent. I've watched 3 1/2 of them and only have vague recollections of property destruction. Even the action sequences manage to be boring as it's often difficult to tell who is who amidst the giant field of whirring CGI gizmos.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:Wow. I can't find anything about what he's up to. Kilstein must have crawled into a hole somewhere. Maybe he went to MRA rehab or something. It's almost sad.

[img].http://i.imgur.com/cHYC9Ne.jpg[/img]
Well many people thought he wasn't funny. He had diverted a good chunk of his "humor" into pandering to feminist issues, and that is where he built his audience fan base. He was just saying things they agreed with & taking pot shots at non-feminists. Once that burned to the ground, and lost his radio show he had no more audience.
Psssht, they loved him. Peez squee-ed over him like a lost son, Rebecca treated him like a cool kid soulmate.

Kilstein's set at the Reason Rally was Peez's "Jimi at Woodstock" moment, he couldn't get over how awesome he was. He once debated aloud whether he should drive 6 hours to catch one of his shows.

Watch one of Rebecca's gigs, then one of Kilstein's. You'll see where she lifted mannerisms and schticks.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I've never seen a Transformer movie. I hope they continue making them, so I can continue not seeing them.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I liked the first transformer movie. All the other ones were absolute shit. Well, even the first one was not so great to start with, but there were a few great moments, like this one:

The soundtrack and overall photography still give me shivers.

[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Well if Becky's stand up routine is anything to go by :?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:

Watch one of Rebecca's gigs, then one of Kilstein's. You'll see where she lifted mannerisms and schticks.
I'm pretty sure Becky stole his bit about fucking a hot Mormon dude and ridiculing him for wanting to ensure both of them were protected.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

I'm pretty sure Becky stole his bit about fucking a hot Mormon dude and ridiculing him for wanting to ensure both of them were protected.
You know who else was accused of sexually molesting a Mormon? Joyce McKinney, that's who!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:I've never seen a Transformer movie. I hope they continue making them, so I can continue not seeing them.
Even if you tried, you'd only get to see half of it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm surprised that no one has yet posted a link to that Kilstein/Watson podcast abomination.

Surly Amy generally gets all the credit for the quality of her artistic achievements - but the Kil/Wat comedy stylings are really something else again.

I wonder if Becs, as a true friend, would be willing to help rehabilitate Kilstein's career and/or reputation. Her silence on the issue speaks volumes.

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:What is this plot of which you speak?
If you want the plot summed up briefer than that trailer, I will give you this pictorial representation of that trailer.

I love the little pussy hat attitude girl. Cause within the next second that fucking bull is going to shove a horn right in her belly. Blood everywhere. This is what happens when someone with no power, no knowledge, and no skill tries to give attitude to a charging bull. THEY GET KILLED! (stupid little cunt).

I think it was Begosian on Dave Rubin last night that mocked the pretty pink pussy hats. He reflected on how silly it is. He said something like "Can you imagine when Martin Luther King was speaking.... can you imagine him wearing a pussy hat?" Haha. Fucking classic image. A clever pitter should put a pussy hat on MLK. Please? And send it to Rubin.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:I wonder if Becs, as a true friend, would be willing to help rehabilitate Kilstein's career and/or reputation. Her silence on the issue speaks volumes.
What's in it for her?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote:Not to doxx - but rumour has it that Mykeru started using the alias 'John D'...

...or maybe not.
I heard that too. And he has a MILLION DOLLARS in tee shirts he has saving up for his retirement.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

King would have worn a dick hat.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:I've never seen a Transformer movie. I hope they continue making them, so I can continue not seeing them.
Come on Ape, edumacate yourself!

[youtube][/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

[youtube][/youtube]
I enjoyed the first 20 minutes of the first movie and then it turned into a cacophonous eyesore. I mostly remember being really embarrassed for John Turturro.

Here's RLM watching the first 3 films simultaneously.
[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

The cartoon Transformers was better than the movies... so... yeah.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

feathers wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]
You really didn't need to post the video.

Anyone that wanted to know could have googled 'tranny' for themselves.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:I'm surprised that no one has yet posted a link to that Kilstein/Watson podcast abomination.

Surly Amy generally gets all the credit for the quality of her artistic achievements - but the Kil/Wat comedy stylings are really something else again.

I wonder if Becs, as a true friend, would be willing to help rehabilitate Kilstein's career and/or reputation. Her silence on the issue speaks volumes.

Whilst searching for said podcast I came across this little gem where she tries (and fails) to promote her tacky wares.

[youtube][/youtube]

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

feathers wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
How does a Transformer work?

Work? more like Ebeg

https://www.patreon.com/rileyjaydennis

free thoughtpolice

A new idea for the Great Wall of Trump.
http://www.politico.com/video/2017/06/2 ... der-063473

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:A new idea for the Great Wall of Trump.
And what, exactly, are American photons supposed to do when the Mexican photons take their jobs?

Really?

Post by Really? »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Whilst searching for said podcast I came across this little gem where she tries (and fails) to promote her tacky wares.

[youtube][/youtube]
Maybe she's found her place.

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Can we control violent hegemonic masculinity? How about toxic passive aggressive femininity?
http://archive.is/m8SXx

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

The latest at Slate Star Codex Against Murderism is worth a read. I especially like his point that the consequentialist definition of racism (i.e. anything with negative consequences for a minority race is racist regardless of the intent of the actors) is the most defensible, the most likely to be used in academic discussion, and also the absolute worst at mapping to actual common use language. He notes that under this definition racism can't actually cause anything.
People like to ask questions like “Did racism contribute to electing Donald Trump?”
But replacing the word racism in that question with the consequentialist definition provided yields a query that's close to unintelligible.
“Did things whose consequence is harm [to] minorities whether or not such harm is intentional contribute to the election of Donald Trump?”

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

This was retweeted by a journalist from recode, a VOX technology site covering Silicon Valley.
Apparently the journalist (as well as the tweeter) doesn't see color or gender well, and thinks all those asian and east asian men AND women in Silicon Valley are all white guys.

The tweeter cites her own network of powerful female mentors, but basically says she doesn't have a chance against any white dude with his networks. Silicon Valley is a all a huge white sausage party of bro hugs.

Anyway, I can forgive the tweeter who is young, but the journalist who is a Muslim women cited on many many articles about Uber and other companies, who works for Vox for Kara Swisher, should certainly know better.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
And what, exactly, are American photons supposed to do when the Mexican photons take their jobs?
Dunno, but I'm pretty sure the ones coming from south of the border will be travelling as a Mexican wave function.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
I think it was Begosian on Dave Rubin last night that mocked the pretty pink pussy hats. He reflected on how silly it is. He said something like "Can you imagine when Martin Luther King was speaking.... can you imagine him wearing a pussy hat?" Haha. Fucking classic image. A clever pitter should put a pussy hat on MLK. Please? And send it to Rubin.
This might be the section you refer to:

[youtube][/youtube]

In general Boghossian (yeah, I checked the spelling) - comes across as enthusiastic - but he really needs to work on his 30 second elevator pitch when talking about ideas such as post-modernism.

As far as explaining a concept in a way that is both clear and succinct - he is no Jordan Peterson.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Dunno, but I'm pretty sure the ones coming from south of the border will be travelling as a Mexican wave function.
:clap:

Light and Mexican waves are both transverse waves. They vibrate perpendicular to the direction they travel.

http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/fesc ... anwave.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface wrote: :clap:

Light and Mexican waves are both transverse waves. They vibrate perpendicular to the direction they travel.

http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/fesc ... anwave.gif

The proper way to treat the Mexican wave.

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Sniper makes a kill from over 2 miles away.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40372403

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And now a brief political message:

[youtube][/youtube]

A bit over the top perhaps - I am sure there are many people living in the UK of say Jamaican or Sikh origin that see no conflict in their heritage and of the values traditionally thought of as British.

But clearly that is not true for everyone.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Sniper makes a kill from over 2 miles away.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40372403
They should make this an Olympic event.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

katamari Damassi wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
I enjoyed the first 20 minutes of the first movie and then it turned into a cacophonous eyesore. I mostly remember being really embarrassed for John Turturro.

Here's RLM watching the first 3 films simultaneously.
[youtube][/youtube]
I hang with one of the actors in this Transformers (when they're in town). Which means I officially know higher profile celebrities than Plait of Watson or any of those starfuckers who actually try lol #ATLbrag

Which reminds me, where's ServiceDog?

katamari Damassi

Avoid Allahu Ackbar brand whip cream.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:
Avoid Allahu Ackbar brand whip cream.
OH! NOt because it explodes, but because ironically enough it's not halal. Sorry if there was any confusion.

katamari Damassi

ERV wrote:
Hopefully having an adventure we'll get to read about later.

The place I work for rescued a baby walrus that hauled out on a mining barge near Nome. One of the cool thing about baby walruses is that they need constant contact, so I'll be volunteering for a couple of walrus cuddling shifts.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Will you have to wear the suit?

katamari Damassi

MarcusAu wrote:Will you have to wear the suit?
:lol: No. I think it'd be cool if I showed up in one though.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Walrus cuddling is semi-formal? I wouldn't have guessed.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lochness_Hamster wrote:https://fundrazr.com/Danielle420protest?ref=ab_f6axA7

woops forgot the link

He lists the reason as "attorney's fees". Now, unlike Meyers's messy splash from Carrier, this would be a criminal matter. Meaning the taxpayers of this great country will pay for free legal representation. What a devious little fucker. And this is funds appeal is open until July 22nd. If I was a backer I would be checking court records at a later date to make sure this cash went where he said it would.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MarcusAu wrote:I'm surprised that no one has yet posted a link to that Kilstein/Watson podcast abomination.
Wut? What the fuck was that. Did alcohol-face appear on his podcast? Fucking LOL.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

...or maybe not.
I heard that too. And he has a MILLION DOLLARS in tee shirts he has saving up for his retirement.
Mykeru found a far more direct route to wealth.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Wut? What the fuck was that. Did alcohol-face appear on his podcast? Fucking LOL.
Here you go - a blast from the past:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=393&p=182059&hilit ... in#p182059

tip of the hat to Ape+Lust who enacted the labour in the first place.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Psssht, they loved him. Peez squee-ed over him like a lost son, Rebecca treated him like a cool kid soulmate.

Kilstein's set at the Reason Rally was Peez's "Jimi at Woodstock" moment, he couldn't get over how awesome he was. He once debated aloud whether he should drive 6 hours to catch one of his shows.

2011. Those were the days.

http://i.imgur.com/JLECVzI.jpg[/img]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ERV wrote:snip
I hang with one of the actors in this Transformers (when they're in town). Which means I officially know higher profile celebrities than Plait of Watson or any of those starfuckers who actually try lol #ATLbrag

You hang out with Bumblebee. OMG.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:Myers is probably the kind of cunt who tried ingratiating himself at school by inventing a nickname for himself that nobody else would use because they already knew the word 'cunt'.
You mean like "PZ" instead of "Hey, Paulie, you fat booger-eater!"

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Later discovered she was actually killed by Richard Carrier.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

2011. Those were the days.

http://i.imgur.com/JLECVzI.jpg[/img]
Who would think two garden gnomes could sell out an event.

Wow, I'm in a bad mood today.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Here you go - a blast from the past:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=393&p=182059&hilit ... in#p182059

tip of the hat to Ape+Lust who enacted the labour in the first place.
Wow, RW was terrible in her (straight?) role. That whole mess was painful.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sorry to report no joy on the latest #FreeIndy expedition. My dad took my dog for a walk at 6:30 am this morning, several hours before Beckybooze's daily hangover would've dissipated enough for her to walk Indy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
I love the little pussy hat attitude girl. Cause within the next second that fucking bull is going to shove a horn right in her belly. Blood everywhere. This is what happens when someone with no power, no knowledge, and no skill tries to give attitude to a charging bull. THEY GET KILLED! (stupid little cunt).
Speaking Truth to ... SPLAT!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This may be of interest to some - Dave Rubin's reddit AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Classical_Libe ... classical/