Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Timber Sycamore wasn't launched until the conflict was well underway. It was already a giant mess, the country was already flooded with arms, and al Qaeda and IS already had a foothold. Factions in the GCC already were interfering and rebel groups were also self funding by smuggling oil and other activities.
If Obama stayed out of it there would still be a giant mess. He could have told the Saudis to fuck off all he wanted and they would continue interfering.
So if there's a fire in the woods it's totally fine to pour some gasoline around.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Is your insurance willing to total the car for you? That should work out to more than the blue book + repairs.
If there's any chance the frame got bent, ditch the bitch.
After 11.7 years the car isn't worth much anymore. I'd rather keep my insurance rates low. It was a low relative speed side impact of the other person trying to steer into the lane I was occupying. The driver probably drunk or high & got confused by all of the construction. No chance the frame is bent.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Since you obviously like the handling responsiveness equivalent of driving on novocaine, I'd stick with Toyota.
Yes. Not that exciting. But what really works for me is that I paid cash for my last care 11.7 years ago, and I can pay cash for my new car. This really isn't putting me out at all. What really toots my fruit is a maxed out 401k, maxed out HSA, maxed out IRA, additional index fund investments, and having the funds for the down payment on a house if/when I ever feel the urge to pull that trigger.

Never being in debt and potentially looking at an early retirement is a good thing.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Timber Sycamore wasn't launched until the conflict was well underway. It was already a giant mess, the country was already flooded with arms, and al Qaeda and IS already had a foothold. Factions in the GCC already were interfering and rebel groups were also self funding by smuggling oil and other activities.
If Obama stayed out of it there would still be a giant mess. He could have told the Saudis to fuck off all he wanted and they would continue interfering.
So if there's a fire in the woods it's totally fine to pour some gasoline around.
When a forest fire has been burning out of control for a year and a half sometimes a back burn is a good idea, but that isn't the point I wanted to make.
My point is that the article that Steersman linked blames Obama as a main reason for the dispute because he did nothing for a year and a half, and not doing enough in the long term. You blame Obama because he did too much. I say you are both wrong and that Obama did little or nothing to start the conflict and there would still be a mess of similar proportions if he had stayed out of it completely.
I'm not saying he is totally blameless, but that there is plenty of blame to go around and a number of villains in the affair thatdeserve it more than Obama.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

For most drivers all the safety features are a good thing. I personally am hoping driverless cars come quickly and get some of the fucking idiots out from behind the wheel. I have come to the conclusion that an alarmingly high percentage of people are incapable of safely operating a motor vehicle, and it seems most of these idiots also lack insurance.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:When a forest fire has been burning out of control for a year and a half sometimes a back burn is a good idea, but that isn't the point I wanted to make.
My point is that the article that Steersman linked blames Obama as a main reason for the dispute because he did nothing for a year and a half, and not doing enough in the long term. You blame Obama because he did too much. I say you are both wrong and that Obama did little or nothing to start the conflict and there would still be a mess of similar proportions if he had stayed out of it completely.
I'm not saying he is totally blameless, but that there is plenty of blame to go around and a number of villains in the affair that deserve it more than Obama.
I agree that blaming Obama specifically for "starting the conflict" is wildly inaccurate. He's added fuel to the fire, though, mostly simply because of his role, though, not of him as a person. The real issue isn't Obama as much as the GCC countries/US alliance, and the insane policies of the GCC countries to which the Yankees seem to contribute without questions.

I'm not singling out Obama as the main bad guy, if anything Clinton had a more active role in the whole mess, and Trump now is happily wading in without a clue, selling an unprecedented amount of weapons the Saudis and spewing his idiotic opinions on twitter, even publicly contradicting his Secretary of State on the Qatari crisis. Syria is a powder keg and Trump is the guy running around with a box of matches in his hands.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:My point is that the article that Steersman linked blames Obama as a main reason for the dispute because he did nothing for a year and a half, and not doing enough in the long term. You blame Obama because he did too much.
I haven't posted about Timber Sycamore to blame Obama, though, only to reply to your claim that he only threatened an intervention in case Assad crossed "red lines" and didn't interfere in the conflict. Timber Sycamore is clearly interference.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I personally am hoping driverless cars come quickly and get some of the fucking idiots out from behind the wheel. I have come to the conclusion that an alarmingly high percentage of people are incapable of safely operating a motor vehicle
Also achievable via more carless drivers.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Also achievable via more carless drivers.
I ran across this during my auto research on what was available and affordable.

GM is ready to send 130 more self-driving Chevy Bolts onto US streets
No robot rides for the public yet, though
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/1579 ... ides-roads
GM just popped the hood on its small but growing fleet of self-driving Chevy Bolts. The 109-year-old automaker announced today that it has completed production on 130 additional all-electric autonomous vehicles at its Orion assembly plant in Michigan.

This round of Bolts has been fitted with a new version of the self-driving technology that GM has been developing with Cruise Automation, a San Francisco-based autonomous vehicle startup that the company acquired in early 2016. They’ll soon meet up with the 50 Bolts that are using the current Cruise / GM technology to drive the streets of San Francisco; Scottsdale, Arizona; and Detroit.
This is likely far from the last round of self-driving Bolts to be assembled in Michigan — GM reportedly wants to have thousands of them roaming public roads in 2018, and Lyft is gearing up to deploy the autonomous vehicles to its existing ride-sharing system by 2020 or 2021.
Of course initial costs of these cars will be high, and they will still have bugs to work out. But since my last car lasted 11.7 years, if I buy this new one now, it may be the last car I ever buy. We may all just start ordering lyft rentals on a as needed basis on demand.

Or at least that might be the most economically efficient solution.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I see Mika Brzezinsk's questioning of Trump's sanity is "informed analysis" while Trump's (unchallenged) bloody anecdote is "tweet assault".

I will recalibrate my threat matrix accordingly.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:I see Mika Brzezinsk's questioning of Trump's sanity is "informed analysis" while Trump's (unchallenged) bloody anecdote is "tweet assault".

Women are obnoxious. You try and be friendly and grab 'em by the pussy and they bleed all over you. :puke-right:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Only if you squeeze too hard.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

The REAL Origins Of C**T? | Susie Dent's Guide To Swearing

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Suet Cardigan wrote:The REAL Origins Of C**T? | Susie Dent's Guide To Swearing

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm hooked. I love her deadpan delivery.

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote:I see Mika Brzezinsk's questioning of Trump's sanity is "informed analysis" while Trump's (unchallenged) bloody anecdote is "tweet assault".

Oh Fuck... haha. Trump's tweets crack me up. Who else could go after someone by saying she wanted to stay with me at Maro Lago and she was still bleeding from her facelift... and I said NO! WTF! Haha.

The media does a bunch of polls and they ask people about Trump's tweets and ask shit like 1) do you think he should tweet less....2) Should he tweet more... blah blah blah. When are the media going to ask if Trump's tweets are funny?

Oh my god... the POTUS is tweeting about a woman's bleeding facelift.

Trump is the anti-Christ! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Does Facebook allow you to select the default frame for your videos? I'm trying to figure out how or why Muscato came to use this as a cover image.

http://imgur.com/YxS0alO.jpg

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Ape+lust wrote:Does Facebook allow you to select the default frame for your videos? I'm trying to figure out how or why Muscato came to use this as a cover image.

Seriously, is that the ONLY shirt that ze owns ???

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"ALB EVIL ETTA"?

free thoughtpolice

DALB EVIJ IETTACK

Barbie's Boyfriend

Ape+lust wrote:Does Facebook allow you to select the default frame for your videos? I'm trying to figure out how or why Muscato came to use this as a cover image.

Chick in pic: "Dan, lets do the nasty"

Dan: " Uh, like no...I'm , like...trans and stuff"

free thoughtpolice

IETTAK, pardon my spelling.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Free game. https://radiatoryang.itch.io/the-tearoom
Robert Yang wrote: In 1962, the Mansfield, Ohio police department setup a hidden surveillance camera behind a two-way mirror, and secretly filmed dudes having sex with dudes in a public bathroom. The police used the film footage to imprison them for a year or more under Ohio's sodomy laws.

Today in 2017, police still target men who have sex with men -- and in video game land, I still have to deal with Twitch banning my gay games by secret trial as if they're the fucking game police. So to appease this oppressive conservative gamer-surveillance complex, I have swapped out any pesky penises in my game for the only thing that the game industry will never moderate nor ban -- guns. Now, there's nothing wrong with guys appreciating other guys' guns, right?
https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMTM5MDc3L ... nNZwL4.jpg

https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMTM5MDc3L ... KsISCJ.jpg

I hope feminist frequency reviews this.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:

So it is the Pride Parade. The literal equivalent of Halloween for transvestites & transgenders where you can openly wear whatever clothes, hair & makeup you want and no one will bat an eye. You can be who you want to be. How does he dress? A token pink wrap around, and his BLM shirt. So he will shave when pressured really hard. He will go through the legal motions of changing his name & the letter on his drivers license. He will even interview to start taking female hormones.

But when it comes to dressing like a woman on the most open day of all days for GLBTQs? He comes dressed like some scott in a utilikilt.

This guy does not really want to be a woman. He just wants to say he is and get access to the women only spaces.

Barbie's Boyfriend

deLurch wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:

So it is the Pride Parade. The literal equivalent of Halloween for transvestites & transgenders where you can openly wear whatever clothes, hair & makeup you want and no one will bat an eye. You can be who you want to be. How does he dress? A token pink wrap around, and his BLM shirt. So he will shave when pressured really hard. He will go through the legal motions of changing his name & the letter on his drivers license. He will even interview to start taking female hormones.

But when it comes to dressing like a woman on the most open day of all days for GLBTQs? He comes dressed like some scott in a utilikilt.

This guy does not really want to be a woman. He just wants to say he is and get access to the women only spaces.
If you identify as trans on your license, and get arrested, does that mean you can only be patted down and searched by a trans police officer? Look for the lawsuit coming soon

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Easy J wrote:Here's a recent culturally relevant beatdown of a woo based Tai Chi practitioner in China. The whole MMA revolution vs traditional martial arts deal is just now getting going in China & there's an air of wounded cultural pride to it all. The fact that the Tai Chi practitioner was pushing George Dillman-level no-touch chi bullshit made it sweet to watch, at least for me. It's rare to see Grade A woo voluntarily put itself in a position to be debunked.

[youtube][/youtube]
Oooh, ooh, this is a subject dear to my heart.

There's misunderstanding from all directions about this. Here's the real beef:- Taijiquan (in Pinyin) originated as a clan martial art from a small village in China, Chenjiagou, that was famous locally for ably defending itself against banditry, and having scions that made their fortune as caravan bodyguards. It's really quite a brutal thing, and of course in the days of big cutlery, it was primarily a big cutlery martial art, for which the barehand forms were conditioning and fallback (caravan bodyguards generally used pikes). The Taijiquan that made its way eventually to the West in the 60s was an extremely watered-down version by the time it got there.

The Yang form that you usually see in parks, New Age classes in malls, etc., is descended from Yang Luchan, a non-clan former indentured servant in the 19th century, who was the first person granted the right to teach a limited version of the Chen family's art for a living to outsiders. Yang Luchan became famous as a "lei tai" fighter in Beijing - "open platform", sort of the traditional Chinese equivalent of MMA - which brought him to the attention of the court, where he was granted the right to teach royalty. That's how Taijiquan became famous throughout China, although in Yang's style, not in the original Chen style. Nowadays the Chen style is just as famous, because people now understand it's the historical root art. There were a few other offshoots, and the version that first reached the States was a further watered-down version tailored to wow the hippies of the day.

The question of "live" practice is well understood in Chen village. "Push hands" mutated into a "weak Judo" competitive sport in the times of nationalism and communism, but it's actually part of the family's gradual training regime, and it's supposed to ramp up to full contact free sparring. Traditional Taijiquan starts very gently and slowly with a reasonably long period of a particular type of conditioning (the slow forms that you see), but the whole curriculum passes through barehand free sparring, and in the olden days would have continued on to weapons practice as the ultimate goal, but of course that's mostly fallen by the wayside now.

The real home of traditional martial arts in China has always been localized, as village and family possessions, with sizeable pools of local practitioners, and they were all used in anger till about the beginning of the 20th century. Shaolin Temple was a thing, and there's some truth to the legend, but it's been greatly exaggerated in romantic novels and movies. The idea that martial arts can be invented by lone mystics on misty mountaintops is of course complete drivel, it's from romantic "wuxia" fiction of the early 20th century, which eventually filtered through to movies, but also filtered back into the sales pitch for strip mall martial arts.

Chen village has only in the past few years started training up some youths to compete in a sports MA context. They've made a very good showing competing against Muay Thai teams twice so far (5 vs 5 competitions, both won decisively by the Chens), but because of doubts about the government-sponsored nature of those kinds of showcase competitions, it'll probably take a while yet before we see more convincing results in a broader sports MA context. I gather the team is prepping for entry in to MMA now, but, again, it's going to take a bit of time before the politics and practicalities are sorted out. Plus of course with something like MMA, you need someone who's both unusually gifted at fighting, and motivated to win, and there's no guarantee statistically that any of the Chen lads will be up to the mark.

There's a bit of family politics involved too, because while some elements in the Chen family are definitely keen to re-establish, on a world stage, the fame that Taiji won in China long ago as an extremely brutal and efficient martial art, other elements, I gather, are less keen. Some of the elders are aware of what happened to BJJ, which no longer gives the Gracies as a family an edge, because everyone and their mother now practices it. Being a fairly conservative family that's kept a small village alive and kicking through all sorts of upheavals in China, they're keenly aware of how politics and world upheaveals can turn on a dime, so whether real Taijiquan should be "exposed" in a world in which everything is filmed and can be analyzed and copied, is a bit of a conundrum for them - especially considering they don't need to expose the art in that way, since it's lucrative enough to teach it as a health practice to New Age grannies.

All that said, the really cool thing about Taiji (and the other "internal" martial arts) is that they use a subtly different body mechanic and conditioning from the norm. Generally speaking, for Western medicine and science, the body's fascia is just a sort of incidental interconnecting integument, it's not really focussed on as much as the skeleton, muscles and organs. But for Asian body conditioning and martial arts in general, the fascia has always been a major focus (cf. also yoga) and provides a ready-made unifying co-ordinative factor that enables the body to work as a unit, when trained in the right way. Fascia conditioning is what all the weird breathing exercises are about (also apparently crazy things like hanging weights from the balls, which while not part of Taiji, is a very old form of body conditioning in Asia).

The other side of it is clever leverage, and while clever leverage is common to many martial arts, because of the body-as-unit focus of the internal arts, it's particularly clever in them.

Subjectively speaking, how internal arts feel different is very interesting, and part of the source of a lot of the apparent woo. To give a vague sense of it, consider this:- Reflect on how you'd normally raise your arm. The "locus of control" (as it were) is the shoulder, that's where you normally feel the "oomph" of the action, the rest of the body is either inert or simply braced. With internal MA, the "locus of control" shifts to the "dantien" (basically the entire lower torso region). With this peculiar mode of moving, you don't raise your arm from your shoulder, you raise your arm from the dantien. And that's a lot of what the conditioning (the initial slow movement) is all about, trying to discover a subtle feeling of connection throughout the body. Subjectively speaking, it feels like an alien force moving the body, and this is the source of the idea that it's a kind of "energy". It's highly unlikely that anyone would have felt the feeling without having gone through the conditioning - IOW the feeling is a discovery, not something you ginny up in the imagination.

As to martial arts strategy, that's what distinguishes the various internal MA from each other - the strategy and tactics of Taiji are different from those of Xingyi, which are different again from those of Baguazhang. The body conditioning and the modes of force generation are shared, but the techniques and strategies are mostly different (although here again, there are some shared features). Generally speaking, the idea of Taiji is that it's a close range counterstriking art (with a lot of judo-like stuff in it too), and this is where the Taiji symbol (the famous Yin/Yang symbol) comes in. Typically, an incoming strike will be dodged, but the dodge is itself simultaneously the "store" for a "release" into the weak spot of the opponent (or a push along their weakest balance "gate", etc.)

Kind of philosophically neat, which is why literati dubbed the art "Taiji fist" (it wasn't called that in the village till the art had become famous).

I'm only a dabbler myself, it's basically extremely difficult to get authentic teaching in any of the Chinese MA, far less the internal MA, there are very few authentic teachers in China, even less in the Western countries; and even when you do learn the language and seek out authentic teachers (or go to seminars from authentic teachers who tour, like Chen Xiaowang, head of the Chen family wrt the art), you're not going to get any sort of explanation to the level I've been giving here. They only go deeper into it if you show commitment by practicing for at least a half hour a day, preferably an hour or two (and they can tell very easily whether you've been doing that, because the way you move changes, and the kinds of questions you ask change).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:If you identify as trans on your license, and get arrested, does that mean you can only be patted down and searched by a trans police officer? Look for the lawsuit coming soon
Now that you mention it, he rushed to get his name officially changed, and the sex on his driver's license officially changed now that he is facing potential jail time for smoking pot as an act of protest in front of the cops.

Perhaps he is hoping that if he gets jailed he can demand the women's jail and he will now have a captive audience of women and he can finally get laid & shower with them.

It would be like he is the last man on the cell block.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

OK. Who the hell laid these pipes?

NSFG (Not Safe For Germany)
https://imgoat.com/uploads/3e75ff09dd/27216.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I think in life it is most important to learn how to be flexible.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/3e75ff09dd/27217.gif

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

deLurch wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:If you identify as trans on your license, and get arrested, does that mean you can only be patted down and searched by a trans police officer? Look for the lawsuit coming soon
Now that you mention it, he rushed to get his name officially changed, and the sex on his driver's license officially changed now that he is facing potential jail time for smoking pot as an act of protest in front of the cops.

Perhaps he is hoping that if he gets jailed he can demand the women's jail and he will now have a captive audience of women and he can finally get laid & shower with them.

I don't want to go so far as to say it's because he's a skeeve, but I think there's some validity in the Muskrat trying to go for ladyjail simply because it's a softer option than mens' prison.

Although if he does try anything he may end up getting free SRS courtesy of some angry womyn.

dogen

Post by dogen »

gurugeorge wrote:
Easy J wrote:Here's a recent culturally relevant beatdown of a woo based Tai Chi practitioner in China. The whole MMA revolution vs traditional martial arts deal is just now getting going in China & there's an air of wounded cultural pride to it all. The fact that the Tai Chi practitioner was pushing George Dillman-level no-touch chi bullshit made it sweet to watch, at least for me. It's rare to see Grade A woo voluntarily put itself in a position to be debunked.

[youtube][/youtube]
Oooh, ooh, this is a subject dear to my heart.

There's misunderstanding from all directions about this. Here's the real beef:- Taijiquan (in Pinyin) originated as a clan martial art from a small village in China, Chenjiagou, that was famous locally for ably defending itself against banditry, and having scions that made their fortune as caravan bodyguards. It's really quite a brutal thing, and of course in the days of big cutlery, it was primarily a big cutlery martial art, for which the barehand forms were conditioning and fallback (caravan bodyguards generally used pikes). The Taijiquan that made its way eventually to the West in the 60s was an extremely watered-down version by the time it got there.

The Yang form that you usually see in parks, New Age classes in malls, etc., is descended from Yang Luchan, a non-clan former indentured servant in the 19th century, who was the first person granted the right to teach a limited version of the Chen family's art for a living to outsiders. Yang Luchan became famous as a "lei tai" fighter in Beijing - "open platform", sort of the traditional Chinese equivalent of MMA - which brought him to the attention of the court, where he was granted the right to teach royalty. That's how Taijiquan became famous throughout China, although in Yang's style, not in the original Chen style. Nowadays the Chen style is just as famous, because people now understand it's the historical root art. There were a few other offshoots, and the version that first reached the States was a further watered-down version tailored to wow the hippies of the day.

The question of "live" practice is well understood in Chen village. "Push hands" mutated into a "weak Judo" competitive sport in the times of nationalism and communism, but it's actually part of the family's gradual training regime, and it's supposed to ramp up to full contact free sparring. Traditional Taijiquan starts very gently and slowly with a reasonably long period of a particular type of conditioning (the slow forms that you see), but the whole curriculum passes through barehand free sparring, and in the olden days would have continued on to weapons practice as the ultimate goal, but of course that's mostly fallen by the wayside now.

The real home of traditional martial arts in China has always been localized, as village and family possessions, with sizeable pools of local practitioners, and they were all used in anger till about the beginning of the 20th century. Shaolin Temple was a thing, and there's some truth to the legend, but it's been greatly exaggerated in romantic novels and movies. The idea that martial arts can be invented by lone mystics on misty mountaintops is of course complete drivel, it's from romantic "wuxia" fiction of the early 20th century, which eventually filtered through to movies, but also filtered back into the sales pitch for strip mall martial arts.

Chen village has only in the past few years started training up some youths to compete in a sports MA context. They've made a very good showing competing against Muay Thai teams twice so far (5 vs 5 competitions, both won decisively by the Chens), but because of doubts about the government-sponsored nature of those kinds of showcase competitions, it'll probably take a while yet before we see more convincing results in a broader sports MA context. I gather the team is prepping for entry in to MMA now, but, again, it's going to take a bit of time before the politics and practicalities are sorted out. Plus of course with something like MMA, you need someone who's both unusually gifted at fighting, and motivated to win, and there's no guarantee statistically that any of the Chen lads will be up to the mark.

There's a bit of family politics involved too, because while some elements in the Chen family are definitely keen to re-establish, on a world stage, the fame that Taiji won in China long ago as an extremely brutal and efficient martial art, other elements, I gather, are less keen. Some of the elders are aware of what happened to BJJ, which no longer gives the Gracies as a family an edge, because everyone and their mother now practices it. Being a fairly conservative family that's kept a small village alive and kicking through all sorts of upheavals in China, they're keenly aware of how politics and world upheaveals can turn on a dime, so whether real Taijiquan should be "exposed" in a world in which everything is filmed and can be analyzed and copied, is a bit of a conundrum for them - especially considering they don't need to expose the art in that way, since it's lucrative enough to teach it as a health practice to New Age grannies.

All that said, the really cool thing about Taiji (and the other "internal" martial arts) is that they use a subtly different body mechanic and conditioning from the norm. Generally speaking, for Western medicine and science, the body's fascia is just a sort of incidental interconnecting integument, it's not really focussed on as much as the skeleton, muscles and organs. But for Asian body conditioning and martial arts in general, the fascia has always been a major focus (cf. also yoga) and provides a ready-made unifying co-ordinative factor that enables the body to work as a unit, when trained in the right way. Fascia conditioning is what all the weird breathing exercises are about (also apparently crazy things like hanging weights from the balls, which while not part of Taiji, is a very old form of body conditioning in Asia).

The other side of it is clever leverage, and while clever leverage is common to many martial arts, because of the body-as-unit focus of the internal arts, it's particularly clever in them.

Subjectively speaking, how internal arts feel different is very interesting, and part of the source of a lot of the apparent woo. To give a vague sense of it, consider this:- Reflect on how you'd normally raise your arm. The "locus of control" (as it were) is the shoulder, that's where you normally feel the "oomph" of the action, the rest of the body is either inert or simply braced. With internal MA, the "locus of control" shifts to the "dantien" (basically the entire lower torso region). With this peculiar mode of moving, you don't raise your arm from your shoulder, you raise your arm from the dantien. And that's a lot of what the conditioning (the initial slow movement) is all about, trying to discover a subtle feeling of connection throughout the body. Subjectively speaking, it feels like an alien force moving the body, and this is the source of the idea that it's a kind of "energy". It's highly unlikely that anyone would have felt the feeling without having gone through the conditioning - IOW the feeling is a discovery, not something you ginny up in the imagination.

As to martial arts strategy, that's what distinguishes the various internal MA from each other - the strategy and tactics of Taiji are different from those of Xingyi, which are different again from those of Baguazhang. The body conditioning and the modes of force generation are shared, but the techniques and strategies are mostly different (although here again, there are some shared features). Generally speaking, the idea of Taiji is that it's a close range counterstriking art (with a lot of judo-like stuff in it too), and this is where the Taiji symbol (the famous Yin/Yang symbol) comes in. Typically, an incoming strike will be dodged, but the dodge is itself simultaneously the "store" for a "release" into the weak spot of the opponent (or a push along their weakest balance "gate", etc.)

Kind of philosophically neat, which is why literati dubbed the art "Taiji fist" (it wasn't called that in the village till the art had become famous).

I'm only a dabbler myself, it's basically extremely difficult to get authentic teaching in any of the Chinese MA, far less the internal MA, there are very few authentic teachers in China, even less in the Western countries; and even when you do learn the language and seek out authentic teachers (or go to seminars from authentic teachers who tour, like Chen Xiaowang, head of the Chen family wrt the art), you're not going to get any sort of explanation to the level I've been giving here. They only go deeper into it if you show commitment by practicing for at least a half hour a day, preferably an hour or two (and they can tell very easily whether you've been doing that, because the way you move changes, and the kinds of questions you ask change).
Ah, but does it teach self-respect?

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

gurugeorge wrote:
*snip*
Great read, thanks.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Sunder wrote:
deLurch wrote:Now that you mention it, he rushed to get his name officially changed, and the sex on his driver's license officially changed now that he is facing potential jail time for smoking pot as an act of protest in front of the cops.

I don't want to go so far as to say it's because he's a skeeve, but I think there's some validity in the Muskrat trying to go for ladyjail simply because it's a softer option than mens' prison.

Although if he does try anything he may end up getting free SRS courtesy of some angry womyn.
Hah. He's not going to jail. That "protest" was a no-risk nothingburger.

Until Jan 1, possession under 35 grams was a Class A misdemeanor, which carried a penalty of up to 1 year and $1000 in fines.

After Jan 1, possession under 10 grams became a Class D misdemeanor, which carries no jail time and a fine up to $500.

Super Activist Dan was protesting a law that had just taken a step toward decriminalization. I don't think he even expects to be fined, since he took donations to pay his lawyer but didn't ask for anything more.

https://www.brinkmanandalter.com/st-lou ... -2017.html

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Any Baboons or Phryngula cunts peeping in to the Pit.......? Eh? Well, I've got a message for you...

>>> Go and fuck yourselves with a fucking chainsaw. ALL orifices! <<<

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sargon took his time and made a good video that demonstrates that Anita is an abusive garbage human and Vidcon/Hank Green are either willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant.

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Dani should go full Sovereign Citizen. I've been watching some vids of those guys trying to defend themselves in court and it's fucking great.

Barbie's Boyfriend

deLurch wrote:

Ever hear the saying "He couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he was holding a handful of pardons" ? Might apply in this case

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:

Orange is the new Black Lives Matter.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Really? wrote:Sargon took his time and made a good video that demonstrates that Anita is an abusive garbage human and Vidcon/Hank Green are either willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant.

[youtube.][/youtube]
One hour long? Time to use the speed feature of youtube.

Also RE: Mayweather vs McGregor.

I find the idea ridiculous. I mean the fight is sold as a groundbreaking and with high expectation of greatness and so many people seem to agree. I don't agree at all. Its an average curiosity fight at best. I like both sports, boxing more i concur but the idea of Mayweather fighting McGregor in an octogone with UFC rules sound as much ridiculous to me too.

Who want to see Mayweather losing at 3:30 of the first round by referee stoppage in a MMA fight for 75$?

Who want to see McGregor losing in the 3rd rounds by referee stoppage a boxing fight for 75$?

Not me. It just marketing and hype. McGregor does not have a chance. Its more than him being too slow and a clear lack of defence, he just does not have the fundamentals correctly. His footsteps is amateur, i still have no idea how good is his jab (there is barely any in the video posted yesterday, its all combinations + counter attacks).

free thoughtpolice

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
Really? wrote:Sargon took his time and made a good video that demonstrates that Anita is an abusive garbage human and Vidcon/Hank Green are either willfully ignorant or just plain ignorant.

[youtube.][/youtube]

I find the idea ridiculous. I mean the fight is sold as a groundbreaking and with high expectation of greatness and so many people seem to agree. I don't agree at all. Its an average curiosity fight at best. I like both sports, boxing more i concur but the idea of Mayweather fighting McGregor in an octogone with UFC rules sound as much ridiculous to me too.

Who want to see Mayweather losing at 3:30 of the first round by referee stoppage in a MMA fight for 75$?

Who want to see McGregor losing in the 3rd rounds by referee stoppage a boxing fight for 75$?

Not me. It just marketing and hype. McGregor does not have a chance. Its more than him being too slow and a clear lack of defence, he just does not have the fundamentals correctly. His footsteps is amateur, i still have no idea how good is his jab (there is barely any in the video posted yesterday, its all combinations + counter attacks).
Beyond the mismatch, Mayweather is not an entertaining fighter to watch and Mc Gregor also has a defensive style. If they want a boxing/MMA match exhibition match get some fighters that are skilled and aggressive to make it interesting.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
pro-boxing-fan wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]

Beyond the mismatch, Mayweather is not an entertaining fighter to watch and Mc Gregor also has a defensive style. If they want a boxing/MMA match exhibition match get some fighters that are skilled and aggressive to make it interesting.
Mayweather is a complete bore when you compare him with boxers like Lomachenko or Golovkin.

[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

gurugeorge wrote:*Snip*
Very enjoyable read, George.

Having studied a few MA's - Shotokan, TKD, kickboxing and (western) boxing, I can certainly relate to the "internal" aspects you describe and also the tell-tale aspects of movement displayed by a practitioner.

I spent an ungodly length of time working on my kime (roughly 3 years, training 4-5 nights per week) and the evolution of slow/weak to fast/powerful punches, kicks and blocks was incredibly satisfying. Even though in certain circles it's a cardinal sin, I'll say this - the first time I threw a reverse punch and my gi cracked like a whip was a defining moment for me. It was round about that time I stopped boxing and went full-time Shotokan.

Also of note, the concepts of switching "breathe in and out" for "breathe up and down" and "dynamics" (tension on/off) were extremely difficult for me to wrap my skull around (I came to Shotokan from a dingy boxing club where the coaches were only interested in a couple of the key members) but once the penny dropped, it all made perfect sense and my skills/abilities improved massively.

At the time I joined the Army, I was working on shedding my good/bad arm/leg, polishing the finer details of the various techniques I'd been taught and was immersing myself in the academic aspects and history of the art. I actually had notions of teaching Shotokan (and self defense classes for women/kids) but the lure of uniform was too great.

After I signed up, I managed to train in kickboxing and TKD (not to any great length, just as an additional layer of fitness training) but my true love was Shotokan. Every time I went home on leave, I'd pop round to the dojo, say "hi" to everyone and squeeze in some lessons but the stresses of a military career (and family life) made it impossible to keep up my training.

If I could turn back the clock, it's one of the few things I'd do differently.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Ever hear the saying "He couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he was holding a handful of pardons" ? Might apply in this case
How about "if he fell into a barrel of tits, he'd come out sucking his thumb" :D

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Basement wrote: If it ever happens, then we will have the proof that Serena can beat the number 1 ranked men's player. (never mind the ranking was 30+ years ago). It will prove once and for all that girls are better than boys at tennis and everything else.
Not at all. JM will simply announce a recent transgendered epiphany, making it clear that Serena beat yet another woman, and an much older one at that. Ergo, the only people who would care about that are ageist MRAs and women blinded by their own internal misogyny.

In these strange days, every major sporting event now has the potential to become an SJW Kobiyashi Maru

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

jet_lagg wrote:This is what hate looks like.
http://www.dbknews.com/2017/06/28/umd-p ... -incident/
Everyone is so quick to discount the 'mummified dog slips its leash' theory.

Hopefully it will end up in a no-kill shelter or the wrath of Amon-Hotep will be terrible to behold.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Arggh! That Sargon video was horrible.

Particularly the bit where he give a clip of Laci Green's tearful recounting of their reconciliation. Some stuff you can just keep offline.

And then at the end a montage of all the people he met up at Vidcon with some sappy music over it.

It seems that the personal is political after all - and that once you have worked out all your own issues - the whole world will just fall into line. That's not the way it seems to me - there will be some people I like and some that I don't but that is not in and of itself a content analysis of what they are saying.

Also, apparently Dave Cullen had suggested a standing ovation for Anita at the Vidcon panel (if everything had gone well- which it obviously didn't) - but that seems an insincere gesture if you really take issue with what she is saying. It's possible to be polite without being subservient.

All this peace and love bullshit is getting to me. Is there no one at all speaking up about the joy, passion, motivation and other benefits of pure hate?

Ah well - each to their own.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Ever hear the saying "He couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he was holding a handful of pardons" ? Might apply in this case
How about "if he fell into a barrel of tits, he'd come out sucking his thumb" :D
Life is a lucky dip when you visit Ed Gein.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Whoopsy

http://archive.is/LMnUy

A measure aimed at boosting female employment in the workforce may actually be making it worse, a major study has found.
Key points:

Public service leaders are being told to "hit pause" on blind recruitment trials
The measure was aimed at boosting female employment by removing indications of gender from job applications
Professor Michael Hiscox, the academic who oversaw the trial, says results have shown "the opposite" and is urging caution
Leaders of the Australian public service will today be told to "hit pause" on blind recruitment trials, which many believed would increase the number of women in senior positions.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's an article by Shazia Hobbs - on why Majid Nawaz and Quilliam may not be the 'great white hope' that their audience ( white middle class people, for the most part) want them to be.

http://www.fahrenheit211.net/2017/06/08 ... zia-hobbs/

Which seems to place the emphasis on western societies (and their governments) to be clear about they stand for - and that anyone wishing to live there should have to conform to those principles (or work democratically to change them). Rather than waiting around for islam to reform itself that is.

Shazia has interesting background herself - she is half Pakistani / half Scottish and grew up in a household where her father had two wives. You can check her interview with the Secular Jihadists on their Youtube channel (or just gooogle) if interested.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:Here's an article by Shazia Hobbs - on why Majid Nawaz and Quilliam may not be the 'great white hope' that their audience ( white middle class people, for the most part) want them to be.

Which seems to place the emphasis on western societies (and their governments) to be clear about they stand for - and that anyone wishing to live there should have to conform to those principles (or work democratically to change them). Rather than waiting around for islam to reform itself that is.

Shazia has interesting background herself - she is half Pakistani / half Scottish and grew up in a household where her father had two wives. You can check her interview with the Secular Jihadists on their Youtube channel (or just gooogle) if interested.
I actually agree. I see Nawaz as someone who seems to have good intentions,and is smeared and shat upon by the Regressives (including the SPLC) but ultimately I don't have much hope for his project either.

Yes, liberal democracies should demand adherence to liberal democratic principles, and never compromise them for the sake of "diversity". Rights should always come with responsibilities. That's also a job for secularist organization, to be the watchdogs of secularism instead of pandering to various special interests and ideologies.

The problem is that the SocJus has co-opted secularism and turned into a project against the phantom of the White Cis Hetero Patriarchy, so anything that requires "brown people" to have duties and responsibilities is called "racism" and "islamophobia".

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

gurugeorge wrote:.
Thank you. Most insightful and useful.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:Whoopsy

A measure aimed at boosting female employment in the workforce may actually be making it worse, a major study has found.
Key points:

Public service leaders are being told to "hit pause" on blind recruitment trials
The measure was aimed at boosting female employment by removing indications of gender from job applications
Professor Michael Hiscox, the academic who oversaw the trial, says results have shown "the opposite" and is urging caution
Leaders of the Australian public service will today be told to "hit pause" on blind recruitment trials, which many believed would increase the number of women in senior positions.
It's almost as if the "sexism in the workplace" narrative is a huge myth.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

rayshul wrote:Whoopsy

Key points:

Blind trials have a good record in fields with historically very extreme gender bias, such as orchestral musician chairs, but it shouldn't be surprising that they have almost the opposite effect in an affirmative action society where the bar is already lowered for women and minority applicants. Blind trials are a leveling agent. It's just in this instance they leveled in the "wrong" direction.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

I'll just leave this here in case Aneris is lurking:

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Here's an article by Shazia Hobbs - on why Majid Nawaz and Quilliam may not be the 'great white hope' that their audience ( white middle class people, for the most part) want them to be.

I actually agree. I see Nawaz as someone who seems to have good intentions,and is smeared and shat upon by the Regressives (including the SPLC) but ultimately I don't have much hope for his project either.

Yes, liberal democracies should demand adherence to liberal democratic principles, and never compromise them for the sake of "diversity". Rights should always come with responsibilities. That's also a job for secularist organization, to be the watchdogs of secularism instead of pandering to various special interests and ideologies.

The problem is that the SocJus has co-opted secularism and turned into a project against the phantom of the White Cis Hetero Patriarchy, so anything that requires "brown people" to have duties and responsibilities is called "racism" and "islamophobia".
Part of her point is that even their intentions may not be that good.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:Life is a lucky dip when you visit Ed Gein.
Mandatory...

[youtube][/youtube]

:character-beavisbutthead:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Further to my point, via a guy on reddit:

Male feminist.
Just the way the word rolls off the tongue sounds so fucking wrong. It leaves the same taste in your mouth as serial killer or war criminal.
And they're doing everything they can to prove that odd feeling of wrongness correct. Honestly it's just like 25 odd years ago there was that trend of anti gay conservatives being caught balls deep in male hookers. Now there's a trend of male feminist being caught cock in hand staring at girls who are too fucking young to be fucking.
Hannibal The Victor, the spherical humanoid gets his criminal record dragged up to prove he's committed statutory rape.
Onision the plastic surgery monster gets little girls to strip down to their skivvies and take photographs of themselves and post them on his private forum.
Dan Olson, internet detective, demands people send him any child porn they "happen to stumble across" so he could use Child Pornography to fight GamerGate. (How he thought anyone would buy this I'll never know)
Amirox, the man who thought little girls pussy was legal to look at.
What is the one thing that links all these people together? Think long and hard about it.
You know, some criminal psychologists and neurologists say that theres early warning signs that can detect a serial killer or a pedophile. For instance a serial killer will be intelligent but typically work a low paying job of the unskilled labor variety, I think you can even correlate the IQ of a serial killer with their method of killing for instance low IQ serial killers will tend to use poison.
It goes further, you can correlate left handedness and earlobes that connect to the side of the head directly with pedophilia, like 8/10 pedophiles display these symptoms.
Maybe, going to go out on a wild fucking limb here and suggest that perhaps the fact that all these male feminists just so happen to enjoy a good spot if child pornography, sexual assault and all other kinds of sexual maladjustment is not as much of a coincidence as male feminists want you to think. Maybe feminism is simply an early warning sign.
I think there's something about feminism that attracts male rapists and pedophiles on a neurological level.
FIXED: Edited out the last line, according to rayshul's own request

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ooh can someone edit out the last line please. The reference link is there to what was said but I think the last line is somewhat chimpy.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Gosfucking darnit I was so fuck yeah by the post that I didn't defuck it for the pit

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:Ooh can someone edit out the last line please. The reference link is there to what was said but I think the last line is somewhat chimpy.
Done.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Kirbmarc wrote:
rayshul wrote:Ooh can someone edit out the last line please. The reference link is there to what was said but I think the last line is somewhat chimpy.
Done.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the other comments are verified/widely available in the media.