Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:As are you Bhurzum...
I'm torn between self deprecation and violent homophobia.

;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I found more background detail on that excellent Sister Rosetta Tharpe clip posted the other day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-27256401

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Basically this:
Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless.
followed by this:
Today, you people are no longer pukes. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on, until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means you live forever.
although not just about Marines, but about society as a whole, and maybe with less verbal abuse ( just maybe? :lol: ).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

On the other hand Kirbmarc - I was listening to the Secular Jihadists the other day - and there was some discussion between Faisel (an Iraqi) and one of the other guys who was from Iran - though both are atheists.

As much as they did not like muslim identity politics - they were also somewhat wary of nationalism (and why should be fairly obvious).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Or this:
Robert A. Heinlein wrote:“Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination-- devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues -- which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out.”
and this:
also Heinlein wrote:“Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live.”

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:On the other hand Kirbmarc - I was listening to the Secular Jihadists the other day - and there was some discussion between Faisel (an Iraqi) and one of the other guys who was from Iran - though both are atheists.

As much as they did not like muslim identity politics - they were also somewhat wary of nationalism (and why should be fairly obvious).
I understand why, and that's the problem of nationalism: if it's left unchecked, it becomes jingoism, aggressiveness towards other groups. That's why I'm in favor of a Civic fashion of nationalism, interested in building a nation and maintaining it rather than going onto military advertures.

The model I have in mind is Switzerland: a society where you need to do thing for your community in order to fit in, where the focus is service rather than entitlement, but which is focused about building, maintaining, and defending your nation, not "your nation over all others".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Basically I'm more in favor of Civic Responsibility than nationalism per se. Civic Responsibility through Service isn't necessarily nationalism. Community-Base Civism can also work, doing something for your city/neighborhood rather than for your nation.

The important part is the focus on work as the source of social respect rather than identity.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also Service doesn't necessarily mean Military Service. I'd argue that in today's world there are many more forms of Civic Service that are needed far more than the military. Environmental issues, maintenance, elderly care need service more than the military forces.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Guest_e031317d wrote:still having guest issues. is there a Twitter account to post links instead of trying to get access to post here as guest?

Ken Perrott Michael Blayney: This is exactly what I am talking about. I refuse to share a platform with you as well.

Melody Hensley: It's absolutely true. I was a conference organizer. I was behind the scenes. I had the inside scoop.

Melody Hensley: You have your mind made up and you won't listen to what is TRUE. What actually HAPPENED.

Thomas Martin Wagner: Ken, you're a fucking idiot who couldn't care a rat's ass for facts. Oh, is that too much foul language for you? Well, eat shit.

Michael Blayney: Ken, the fuck makes you think I'd want to share a platform with an idiot who rides Dawkins' coat-dick? The two of you can fuck off into the great beyond for all it means to me. And take Harris with you, the racist shitbird.

Ken Perrott Thomas Martin Wagner Nor you? These examples just show what ego-driven communities descend to. No wonder people want to avoid such childishness.

Thomas Martin Wagner No, these examples show what contempt we have for liars. Try again.

Melody Hensley: And yes, Dawkins is a big baby. Very childish. He cornered me in a room one time and told me off for an hour because of what my colleague had done. Meanwhile my male colleague was in the same room mingling and Dawkins refused to face him himself.

Melody Hensley: People thought *I* had monopolized Dawkins time for the entire event. NO! He monopolized mine.

Ken Perrott: Melody Hensley He didn't by any chance call you a "liar," "racist shitbird," a "fucking pillock," tell you to "eat shit," ask you to "sucking his metaphorical cock," or tell you to "fuck off" by any chance.

No, I guess not, but this is this sort of l...See More

Melody Hensley: Oh, he did much worse than that. He got his mistress to write a horrible public letter about the conference I was organizing and called me and the women attending the conference the "Sisterhood of the Oppressed" and all sorts of clever insults. He also spent years complaining about me and trying to ruin my career. He also created an atmosphere of hatred and mockery of feminism in atheism.
His followers became ruthless and harassed me and other women. I received harassment and death and rape threats. This happened 24/7 for many years from every possible way of contacting me. Dawkins saw this and did nothing to stop his followers. He did end up ruining my career. I also got PTSD and I am disabled and unable to work. Because of my trauma I have developed fibromyalgia. My health has deteriorated because I have developed agoraphobia and I recently had a pulmonary embolism that could have killed me. So yeah, he didn't call me those names, but he is partly responsible for ruining my fucking life.

Ken Perrott: Melody Hensley Sounds like the best thing you can do is to take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others for your problems. Grow up.

Michael Blayney: You're a fucking scumbag, Ken. Holy shit.

Ken Perrott: Michael Blayney Next thing you will be accusing me of ruining your life, will you? :-)

Melody Hensley: Take responsibility for Richard Dawkins complaining about my feminism to my workplace and pressuring them to punish me, and ruining my good relationship with my boss? Take responsibility for getting harassed? Take responsibility for getting PTSD?

Melody Hensley: It doesn't matter what you think. People like her. They like listening to her. She still has a platform. She would be booked at these conferences if Richard Dawkins wasn't blacklisting her because he is petty and vindictive because he doesn't like her. The child here is Dawkins. He doesn't need your protection. He doesn't even like his fans. He thinks he's better than you. That's the truth.
It's like they are Non-Playable Characters in their own lives. Acted upon, never leveling up or evolving, trapped reciting the same five programed lines.

Astounding.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Thunderfoot's video on global warming and Trump bailing out of the Paris accord:

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

RW has failed to deliver a $3 blog since April.

Meh.

The Orbit has fuck all up at all.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Thunderfoot's video on global warming and Trump bailing out of the Paris accord:

[youtube][/youtube]

(corrected, now)

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

I think the problem with civic nationalism is that it's weaksauce as far as the limbic system is concerned, it's motivating enough for high IQ people who can see the sense in it, but it's not going to be motivating enough for low-IQ people. What makes the below-average human animal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, motivated to contribute to the larger society around them (to family, locality, etc.) is a feeling of belonging to the ethnic tribe. That's powerful.

Also, if you try to motivate civic nationalism by means of harder incentives, then you're in danger of falling back into the old idea of creating the New Soviet Man. How hard are you going to punish the "social parasites" (as the USSR called slackers)? The free riders?

I don't think you have to "create" segregation, or force it, it will just happen naturally. What we're suffering from is the problem that universalist humanism clamped down too hard on the natural process of people preferring to cleave to their own. And no need to worry: miscegenation is always going to happen at the fringes, and is in fact necessary. It's a question of balance: but that's handled by it being discouraged socially, but allowed legally.

The problem of universalist chauvinisms popping out of the relatively-segregated pools and trying to take over, is solved by the good part of the old classical liberal doctrine - which is universal negative rights (freedom-from, right of exit), equality before the law, etc. Libertarianism, it has always been rightly observed, is a highly abstract doctrine, and that's right: it's the doctrine suitable for the global level, where all that's shared is basic humanity (i.e. being self-steering agents). The problem was, that "arid" doctrine wasn't enough as social glue.

Fundamentally, the problem with liberalism is that equality is a lie, a myth at a concrete level; but it is true, taken in the abstract, taking human beings as bare, punctile rational agents, who should all be equally granted a kind of abstract dignity appropriate thereunto. That level of abstract equality can match the level of the the global community, safeguarding freedom-from and the right of exit for any given individual.

And meanwhile, all positive rights and duties, arise organically from the race-to-culture matrix in the various segregated pools, at a more micro level, where affairs are run as the gene pools form "guiderails" for particular, unique memetic cultural expressions of reciprocal obligation.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Really? wrote:This is Evergreen's SJW strike force. Be afraid, white supremacist Nazi assholes.

https://i.imgur.com/H0e8jOc.jpg
This is where we are now. Evergreen is under mob rule by baseball bat-wielding, dyed-haired, gender studies majors who get triggered by Limp Bizkit. And the villains, according to this mob, are white liberal college professors and a teenager with chalk.
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/rise-of ... sm_fb_post
cute picture, now lets see they know how to even swing a bat.

picturing shelly duval in the shining... very poor form.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ERV wrote: It's like they are Non-Playable Characters in their own lives. Acted upon, never leveling up or evolving, trapped reciting the same five programed lines.

Astounding.
Yeah well - what would you know about science, education or bettering yourself? :)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:RW has failed to deliver a $3 blog since April.

Meh.

The Orbit has fuck all up at all.
You can't fault their commitment to making the world a better place.

Especially if you consider the alternative.

windy

Post by windy »

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

We need to start a #kickafeminist meme, why the fuck haven't we done this already

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Za-zen wrote:We need to start a #kickafeminist meme, why the fuck haven't we done this already
Back in the day Franc gave it a good try.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Good NRO article on Antifa.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Tigzy wrote:Here's a clickable link to that amusing shitshow of an FTB thread: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... d=13937490

It's fucking hilarious. Peez, wankyboy Wagner et al are treating Watson as though she's some sort of great skeptical figure who deserves any platform she wishes - as opposed to a flubby, toxic, booze-sodden turd rapidly descending into the toilet pan of well deserved obscurity. I mean, look at the easy gigs she had: token pair of tits for SGU, writing easy fluff pieces for Popsci about ghost detectors (hey, they don't work, guys! Snark snark!) & the like, and producing half assed Patreon videos for money from the kind of blokes who dream of the oncoming sexbot revolution.

And she managed to fuck them all up.

But no, Dawkins, curse his patriarchal shitlord soul, has robbed the poor atheist plebs of her important and much needed voice!
they need a boogie man to blame for their obvious failures. it certainly couldn't be their own faults, no, it's always someone else. the fact that skeptic cons lately have had all the dignity and decorum of a furry convention have nothing to do with it.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

If Suicide Squad

http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/201 ... -still.jpg

had been directed by Ed Wood or Doris Wishman:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:Or this:
Robert A. Heinlein wrote:“Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination-- devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues -- which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out.”
and this:
also Heinlein wrote:“Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part...and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live.”
Heinlein was a commie?

I've always thought Heinlein's attitude to the military was incompatible with the libertarianism he espoused in everything else.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

MarcusAu wrote:
Za-zen wrote:We need to start a #kickafeminist meme, why the fuck haven't we done this already
Back in the day Franc gave it a good try.
:rimshot:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:The Orbit has fuck all up at all.
Probably some frame dragging effect cause by fat acceptance.

[/relativity]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:
and this:
Heinlein was a commie?

I've always thought Heinlein's attitude to the military was incompatible with the libertarianism he espoused in everything else.
Not a commie, a civic libertarian. There's a difference. Communism is all about denying individual rights to establish collective control. Civic libertarianism is all about creating a path to individual rights through service. Heinlein emphasized military service, but that's not the only form of service which is possible. It's not about creating a passive collective, but promoting active individual participation in the community.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

gurugeorge wrote:I think the problem with civic nationalism is that it's weaksauce as far as the limbic system is concerned, it's motivating enough for high IQ people who can see the sense in it, but it's not going to be motivating enough for low-IQ people. What makes the below-average human animal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, motivated to contribute to the larger society around them (to family, locality, etc.) is a feeling of belonging to the ethnic tribe. That's powerful.

Also, if you try to motivate civic nationalism by means of harder incentives, then you're in danger of falling back into the old idea of creating the New Soviet Man. How hard are you going to punish the "social parasites" (as the USSR called slackers)? The free riders?

I don't think you have to "create" segregation, or force it, it will just happen naturally. What we're suffering from is the problem that universalist humanism clamped down too hard on the natural process of people preferring to cleave to their own. And no need to worry: miscegenation is always going to happen at the fringes, and is in fact necessary. It's a question of balance: but that's handled by it being discouraged socially, but allowed legally.

The problem of universalist chauvinisms popping out of the relatively-segregated pools and trying to take over, is solved by the good part of the old classical liberal doctrine - which is universal negative rights (freedom-from, right of exit), equality before the law, etc. Libertarianism, it has always been rightly observed, is a highly abstract doctrine, and that's right: it's the doctrine suitable for the global level, where all that's shared is basic humanity (i.e. being self-steering agents). The problem was, that "arid" doctrine wasn't enough as social glue.

Fundamentally, the problem with liberalism is that equality is a lie, a myth at a concrete level; but it is true, taken in the abstract, taking human beings as bare, punctile rational agents, who should all be equally granted a kind of abstract dignity appropriate thereunto. That level of abstract equality can match the level of the the global community, safeguarding freedom-from and the right of exit for any given individual.

And meanwhile, all positive rights and duties, arise organically from the race-to-culture matrix in the various segregated pools, at a more micro level, where affairs are run as the gene pools form "guiderails" for particular, unique memetic cultural expressions of reciprocal obligation.
The limbic system trumps IQ. Comforting as it might be the screaming retards promoting identity politics aren't retards in the literal sense. If they are at university they have above IQ.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Laci Green is now officially a Suppressive Person and Fair Game:
Kotaku in Action thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction ... _made_for/

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Tigzy wrote:Here's a clickable link to that amusing shitshow of an FTB thread: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... d=13937490

It's fucking hilarious. Peez, wankyboy Wagner et al are treating Watson as though she's some sort of great skeptical figure who deserves any platform she wishes - as opposed to a flubby, toxic, booze-sodden turd rapidly descending into the toilet pan of well deserved obscurity. I mean, look at the easy gigs she had: token pair of tits for SGU, writing easy fluff pieces for Popsci about ghost detectors (hey, they don't work, guys! Snark snark!) & the like, and producing half assed Patreon videos for money from the kind of blokes who dream of the oncoming sexbot revolution.

And she managed to fuck them all up.

But no, Dawkins, curse his patriarchal shitlord soul, has robbed the poor atheist plebs of her important and much needed voice!
{bold added}

That's the key. At the event at which Dawkins was first exposed to her lazy bullshit, she explicitly didn't do what she was invited to do, but instead went on a rant that would only have been relevant if she'd been on a different panel. Then, when given a key-note gig, she did a half-assed job of preparation and gave an hour-long talk against Evo Psych that was easily destroyed by actual experts later. And through-out all of this, she responding to criticism with accusations of bias.

She has some wit (which is often wasted). She's seems to be (a little) above average in intelligence. But she is incredibly lazy and was probably spoiled as a child, as she combines her laziness with a very strong sense of entitlement.

But until she loses her enablers, nothing will change.

Billie from Ockham

Tigzy wrote:
Pz Myers Ken Perrott Oh. You're one of those "Pox on both sides!" people.

That was a good talk on the deep flaws in evolutionary psychology. One of the tells that you're dealing an ignoramus in evolutionary biology is when they try to defend the validity of EP, without realizing that the premises of the discipline have been PROVEN wrong.
What?? Is Myers talking about Watson's legendary EP talk here? The one that's legendary in the sense of how Ed Clint utterly dismembered it, showing everyone what a facile piece of dross it was - and where Peez, wee cock no doubt stirring enthusiastically, leaped to Becky's defence and tried to demolish Clint's rebuttals...by pointing out that Ed Clint is just being a big meanie.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Peez, honestly - have you not yet wanked that girl out of your system yet, after all these years?
Wow. Not only :nin: 'd, but you said it better, too.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:Thunderfoot's video on global warming and Trump bailing out of the Paris accord:

[youtube.][/youtube]

(corrected, now)
I dislike Thunderf00t's conflation of believing the climate is changing and believing the Paris accords is the best (only?) way to accomplish anything. He's ultimately doing what he accuses the "deniers" of doing. He's making an emotional argument that the US is wrong to withdraw from the Paris accords because the climate actually is changing. This doesn't logically follow. If he really wanted to do Science™ communication, I'd have appreciated an analysis of what exactly the US agreed to do as part of the agreement compared to other major industrial countries (China, Germany, etc), and what impact this would be likely to have. I won't pretend to have read the Paris agreement or have any idea of what any particular country, let alone the US, actually agreed to as part of it. It's like the old Yes, Minister joke: "Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do this". I can appreciate there is something to the symbolism of a major country like the US pulling out of something that has been successfully branded as being "good for the planet", but symbolism alone won't solve or worsen this particular problem.

dogen

Post by dogen »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
This was the scariest part of the Alien films - when the mouthparts of the queen protrude like that.
At least the queen's chin didn't look like an arse.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

and this:
If only our 'societies' weren't busy destroying families, often at the drop of a hat. Might be easier to build loyalty to the larger group. But when the larger group messes with the more intimate connections that most people need and want...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Laci Green is now officially a Suppressive Person and Fair Game:
Kotaku in Action thread:

Seems like a lovely person doesn't he she ???? defo BFF material :?

http://i.imgur.com/Devnm15.png

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Kirbmarc wrote:Thunderfoot's video on global warming and Trump bailing out of the Paris accord:

[youtube][/youtube]
Haven't watched it yet, but I hope he is all doom and gloom and nearly having a heart attack.

It will be more fun than most of his videos lately.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Keating wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]

(corrected, now)
I dislike Thunderf00t's conflation of believing the climate is changing and believing the Paris accords is the best (only?) way to accomplish anything. He's ultimately doing what he accuses the "deniers" of doing. He's making an emotional argument that the US is wrong to withdraw from the Paris accords because the climate actually is changing. This doesn't logically follow. If he really wanted to do Science™ communication, I'd have appreciated an analysis of what exactly the US agreed to do as part of the agreement compared to other major industrial countries (China, Germany, etc), and what impact this would be likely to have. I won't pretend to have read the Paris agreement or have any idea of what any particular country, let alone the US, actually agreed to as part of it. It's like the old Yes, Minister joke: "Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do this". I can appreciate there is something to the symbolism of a major country like the US pulling out of something that has been successfully branded as being "good for the planet", but symbolism alone won't solve or worsen this particular problem.
My understanding is that, for the US, the Paris Accord was mostly symbolic anyway as we didn't really have to do much.
More to the point Asia (China in particular) releases most of the carbon into the atmosphere, and they, at least, claim to still be sticking to the accord, though the argument there is that the Accord doesn't affect them enough and harms the US far more per-capita or something.

I don't know. But I do know that if China and the other asian powers successfully move to nuclear and some renewables then that pretty much solves the problem with or without the US's help. A few clean coal plants (assuming they get built) won't add much to the US's already low carbon print. I'm also hoping that Trump actually (he is supposedly pro business) licences a DESIGN (rather than just a plant) for nuclear power. Right now, one of the big reasons the US is going to natural gas and not nukes is because every single plant that does get built here (and not many have been built the past 4 d ecades) - even if its based on 60 year old nuclear technology - is a one-off. You can't mass-produce a single design that way, and getting insurance for what is (in some ways legally) an experimental technology is hard.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:Basically what I'm thinking is to set up systems where civic service, in many different forms, allows you to a)get a qualification you can use on the job market and b) get access to the rights of being a citizen. You don't simply pop into existence and have a guaranteed path towards (for example) your voting rights just through the event of your birth. You have to earn your right.
[youtube][/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

LMFAO if this is true.

dogen

Post by dogen »

AndrewV69 wrote:LMFAO if this is true.
Qatar?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

gurugeorge wrote:I think the problem with civic nationalism is that it's weaksauce as far as the limbic system is concerned, it's motivating enough for high IQ people who can see the sense in it, but it's not going to be motivating enough for low-IQ people. What makes the below-average human animal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, motivated to contribute to the larger society around them (to family, locality, etc.) is a feeling of belonging to the ethnic tribe. That's powerful.
<snip>
That's only because race is so easy to identify at a glance. It requires no higher order reasoning. What if we created artificial group signalling that was just as easy to spot? That solves the problem of engaging the limbic system of the low-IQ people. What might this signalling look like?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l1cgyAdM_o8/U ... B1937..jpg

I'm feeling inspired already. :P

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Laci Green is now officially a Suppressive Person and Fair Game:
Kotaku in Action thread:

She is in trouble for dating someone who is not a feminist.

Fortunately I know a couple of male feminists who have openings in their policule.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21824.PNG

https://imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21826.jpg

I really need to start a male feminist dating website.

John D

Post by John D »

Keating wrote:

[youtube.][/youtube]

(corrected, now)
I agree with you Keating - Tfoot is not addressing the Paris agreement at all. My understanding is that the US has to do more lifting than other big polluters like China. Some argue that this is fair because the US has become "fully developed" so we should do more of the lifting. Well... being that I am a shitlord, and I prefer to take care of my family and country. I am not convinced my country should do the heavy lifting. With Paris we are basically agreeing to living with higher energy costs compared to our industrial competitors.

I realize that all other countries want us Americans to continue to be a donor nation. I think lots of Americans, including me, are tired of this shit.

Why do we still have troops in Japan and Korea and Germany? When do we stop the role of world police? Why do we "own" the Middle East wars? We do we "own" the solution to global warming?

An interesting part of the global warming debate is how each side simplifies in order to get support from the "proles". Most people don't understand the first thing about climate and climate change:

1)The left simplifies by saying "We know the earth is warming because of man and this will cause massive destruction and the end of civilization as we know it."

2)The right simplifies by saying "We don't know if the earth is even warming and warming may be caused by all kinds of stuff so it's a hoax."

Both sides (like usual) are wrong, but this is the way the topic is discussed. The reason the discussion is at this level is purely emotional and political. People are willing to exaggerate in order to win the argument and the opposition use their opponent's exaggeration against them. It is hard to have any sensible discussion.

I fully expect that our future on earth will include significantly higher temperatures.... and we will learn to live with it. Welcome to the Anthropocene!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

dogen wrote:
Qatar?
Aye.

Billie from Ockham

The blockade is simply to prevent the letter U from slipping into the country.

windy

Post by windy »

jet_lagg wrote:That's only because race is so easy to identify at a glance. It requires no higher order reasoning. What if we created artificial group signalling that was just as easy to spot? That solves the problem of engaging the limbic system of the low-IQ people. What might this signalling look like?
https://gasstationwithoutpumps.files.wo ... 00x600.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green-beard_effect

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Spike13 wrote:
Really? wrote:This is Evergreen's SJW strike force. Be afraid, white supremacist Nazi assholes.

This is where we are now. Evergreen is under mob rule by baseball bat-wielding, dyed-haired, gender studies majors who get triggered by Limp Bizkit. And the villains, according to this mob, are white liberal college professors and a teenager with chalk.
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/rise-of ... sm_fb_post
cute picture, now lets see they know how to even swing a bat.

picturing shelly duval in the shining... very poor form.
Only one person is wearing gloves and I don't see any evidence of pine tar. Amateurs.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Basically what I'm thinking is to set up systems where civic service, in many different forms, allows you to a)get a qualification you can use on the job market and b) get access to the rights of being a citizen. You don't simply pop into existence and have a guaranteed path towards (for example) your voting rights just through the event of your birth. You have to earn your right.
[.youtube][/youtube]
Heh. I actually quoted Heinlein, semi-seriously. I think that Heinlein's system put too big of an emphasis on military service, when there are many other forms of service which can build a sense of belonging to the citizen body. I'm thinking what you have to do to become a Swiss citizen, namely get involved in the community, be a part of the social body, only applied to everyone, equally, with no facilitated avenues for those who were simply given birth from people with a specific ancestry.

Universal human rights (like the habeas corpus or freedom of speech or the right to a speedy trial, etc.), but citizen rights (voting, access to programs, to benefits, diplomatic services, etc.) not based on the ius soli (birth on the soil of the county) or ius sanguinis ( born from parents who are citizens) but on the ius servitii (having done something of value for the country). Which is already the case in many cases for immigrants, only I'd have that for everyone.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

deLurch wrote:
Kotaku in Action thread:

She is in trouble for dating someone who is not a feminist.

Fortunately I know a couple of male feminists who have openings in their policule.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21824.PNG

https://imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21826.jpg

I really need to start a male feminist dating website.
Looks like the domain name http://www.OKCuckold.com is still open!

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

jet_lagg wrote:
<snip>
That's only because race is so easy to identify at a glance. It requires no higher order reasoning. What if we created artificial group signalling that was just as easy to spot? That solves the problem of engaging the limbic system of the low-IQ people. What might this signalling look like?

:rimshot:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

gurugeorge wrote:

:rimshot:[/quote]

Oh no, we're not laying pipes again are we .. where's Aneris gone :o

http://i.imgur.com/ricDKew.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Police in Paris are saying that they have shot a terrorist outside Notre-Dame, who attacked an officer with a hammer.

What everyone wants to know is: should he have been using a screwdriver?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Cuba?

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

It's weird, I'm stuck between internally assuming the God-form of Lenin hailing a taxi when I think of "these truths are self-evident ...", on the one hand, and gluing a comb to my septum and goose-stepping in front of a portrait of Adolf in my bedroom when I think of "blood & soil," on the other.

I can feel the pull of both mythologies and see the ridiculousness of both at the same time.

Maybe I'm turning into a Post-modernist :)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Cuba?
America?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Lsuoma wrote:Police in Paris are saying that they have shot a terrorist outside Notre-Dame, who attacked an officer with a hammer.

Yes, but only with thumb over neck.

The guy's not dead, just injured. It is not completely out of the equation that he might not be a muslim...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KenD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:If naked anthropologist is the "Naked Anthropologist", she considers human trafficking in prostitutes actually a way for women to empower themselves.
Same user name, completely different person, and I think that's just a bit of a misrepresentation of Laura Agustín's argument...

In my opinion she builds a pretty strong case that foreign prostitutes aren't necessarily different from other economic migrants -- acting out of self interest and making the best of what they've got -- and that automatically labelling any prostitute who moves from one location to another as a "trafficking victim" is misleading and designed to push an agenda.
Ah, that is a slightly different take.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:Police in Paris are saying that they have shot a terrorist outside Notre-Dame, who attacked an officer with a hammer.

In Canada a woman in a niqab and an ISIS bandana attempted a terrorist attack with a golf club and a knife. Obviously not a real wholesome and healthy Canadian woman, who, if came in swinging a scythe would have caused some serious mayhem. :o
http://globalnews.ca/news/3506039/woman ... onto-mall/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ok, now confirmed: Paris attacker is Farid I. and screamed "in the name of allah".

Probably a deranged person.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Link for the few french speakers here:

https://m6info.yahoo.com/paris-interven ... 34438.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

In Canada a woman in a niqab and an ISIS bandana attempted a terrorist attack with a golf club and a knife. Obviously not a real wholesome and healthy Canadian woman, who, if came in swinging a scythe would have caused some serious mayhem. :o
http://globalnews.ca/news/3506039/woman ... onto-mall/
But I thought that all terrorists were male, and motivated by toxic masculinity... :twatson: