Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:When did Gallagher take on the Skepchick look?

http://imgur.com/cqrExto.jpg
It's a sad sad thing to say, but Gallagher's schtick was actually more varied than Beckybooze's.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Momism
To hell with mom -- is she still fucking daddy?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Scented Nectar wrote:What's wrong with your leg(s)?
Rock climbing accident. Knackered my back/neck and buggered one of my legs. I'm on the mend though so lock up your booze/livestock!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7xjC2lLFwWc/T ... hagger.jpg

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Scented Nectar wrote:Plus, Madonna has agreed to give a celebratory blowjob to anyone who leaves the other side and joins
Did I say Madonna? I meant all Pitters on the other side who still refuse to join us. :)

Join under the Scented banner, or grease your lips up, people.

Bhurzum, you are probably going to get more BJs than you know what to do with. People are set in their political ways.

What's wrong with your leg(s)?
Well there's gonna be a Freaker's Ball,

Tonight, at the Freaker's Hall,

And you know you're invited one and all.

Come on babies grease your lips,

Grab your hats and swing your hips,

And don't forget to bring your whips,

Cause we're goin to the Freaker's Ball.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

All this talk of whips...

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Momism
To hell with mom -- is she still fucking daddy?
[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
Rock climbing accident. Knackered my back/neck and buggered one of my legs. I'm on the mend though so lock up your booze/livestock!

I thought it was rheumatism from wearing your kilts too short.

Anyway having your leg buggered does not sound comfortable. Hope you are soon back up and at em.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Why do you hate sheep so much?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Bhurzum wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

Even at ~80, aggressive as fuck and ready to kick off at the drop of a hat. We're such a charming and sociable nation :P
Yeah, but you're still ruled by the English, essentially. For all your talk of being such hardmen, you're a bit of a joke nation, aren't you? what have you got to call your own, apart from whiskey and heroin addiction?

Oh, and what about that budget-busting joke of a "Parliament" that we let you build so you could feel all special and unique? It was like Cambridge University spending a few thousand on a Gender Studies department just to make the harridans shut the fuck up. How much has that done for you? Fuck's sake, the jocks just need to accept that they are completely useless except as fodder for our army and our shop doorways.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Really? wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Miss Garcia is an inspiration. She reminds us that women can do anything that a man can do. Literally.
Taking male hormones?
bjpenn.com/mma-news/gabi-garcia/video-joe-rogan-says-gabi-garcia-clearly-taking-male-hormones/

-Soylent

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Re: Steve Shives

Im not too sure about the full man cave theory but ill concede that the man 100% knows everything about:
  • removing specific url from one's browsing history
  • incognito mode
  • under the radar google alerts for bukakke
Any opinion on the capable woman boxer?
Boxer? Woman?

Garcia pretty much dominated the whole fight with her weight and reach but on the mat at the end she showed nice skills.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:Oh.
It would never last. There would be eye-rolls, neglect, fighting over taking care of the dog and accusations of infidelity.

free thoughtpolice

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Really? wrote:
Miss Garcia is an inspiration. She reminds us that women can do anything that a man can do. Literally.
Taking male hormones?
bjpenn.com/mma-news/gabi-garcia/video-joe-rogan-says-gabi-garcia-clearly-taking-male-hormones/

-Soylent
I can only hope you are not nonbinary shaming this young lady. :naughty:
[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Yeah, but you're still ruled by the English, essentially.
Last time I checked, we're all ruled by the royal family. Literally.

Your average Englishman "rules" as much as your average Scots, Taffy-boy or Irishman.
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:For all your talk of being such hardmen, you're a bit of a joke nation, aren't you? what have you got to call your own, apart from whiskey and heroin addiction?
Shortbread, tartan tea towels, plushy haggis, ceramic Loch Ness monsters - the list is endless.
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Oh, and what about that budget-busting joke of a "Parliament" that we let you build so you could feel all special and unique? It was like Cambridge University spending a few thousand on a Gender Studies department just to make the harridans shut the fuck up. How much has that done for you?
Well, at the very least it created a few more doorways for the locals to piss in. I'm sure you'll agree that can only be a good thing?
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Fuck's sake, the jocks just need to accept that they are completely useless except as fodder for our army and our shop doorways.
It's funny, that line about "fodder" is most commonly heard from English squaddies* - members of units who're used for PW containment, rear echelon security, route control (and proving - a mugs game) and all of the other non-combat gash that I'd be embarrassed to do. You're not a member of some gash/mash unit are you?

"Daddy, what did you do during the war?"

"Well son, I dug shit-pits for the fighting troops and shuttled their laundry to the front line"

In short, it's the military equivalent of penis envy. Additionally, you clearly don't understand the military mindset. We itch for the chance to go operational, to do the job we train so hard for and to get our hands dirty. You say "fodder" but I hear "opportunity" ;)

But hey, don't take my word for it - head to the nearest garrison town (with Scottish troops in it) or north of the border and flap your gums about how much of a joke we are. I'm sure you'll be fine. No, seriously. Like you say, we're a joke nation; what's the worst that could happen?

Or have you already tried that and the resultant kicking has given you a bit of a chip on your shoulder (and teeth)?

:dance:

* Not even joking.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:You can dub him Sir Cum-Specked. Though Richard Carrier may already have that title.
"This nyght ye shalle lye with Igrayne in the castel of Tyntagyll; and ye shalle be lyke the duke her husband. Then ye shalle spatter her face with thy balle bagge broth for Igrayne is a notorious semen fiend!" (5.8-9) Le Bukkake D'Carrier - Sir Thomas Malory, 1485.
That was really funny. Also, you bastard, I was eating. In that order.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Wait, Gabi Garcia is a tranny, right? There's no way that is a woman, unless they're breeding neanderthal critters. Which might not be a bad idea...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Wait, Gabi Garcia is a tranny, right? There's no way that is a woman, unless they're breeding neanderthal critters. Which might not be a bad idea...
Her wikki page would suggest she's all woman.

However, she's got a chin like desperate Dan (complete with stubble) and looks like an extra from "Quest for fire."

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/ ... rFire4.jpg

She's definitely at the butcher end of the spectrum.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Bhurzum,

England feeds and clothes the entire union. You boys had a vote to leave, and you shat your skirts and said "NO". Quite rightly, because you'd all be dead within a decade from heart disease and skag without us flooding you with cash.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Bhurzum,

England feeds and clothes the entire union. You boys had a vote to leave, and you shat your skirts and said "NO". Quite rightly, because you'd all be dead within a decade from heart disease and skag without us flooding you with cash.
C'mon man, you can do better than that.

2/10 - must try harder.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Glow in the dark CIA agents, child sex bait, an OS co-written by god, oh my!

*Warning* - severely racist retard alert!

[youtube][/youtube]

Nobody does "crazy" quite like America!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Bhurzum wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Bhurzum,

C'mon man, you can do better than that.

2/10 - must try harder.
I am broken by your impassioned defence of the wonderful barbarian nation north of England, which sucks harder on our teat than a Dyson.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Wait, Gabi Garcia is a tranny, right? There's no way that is a woman, unless they're breeding neanderthal critters. Which might not be a bad idea...
How dare you!??!?! She YES SHE is stunning and brave and we should all be PROUD of her for beating the fuck out of OTHER WOMEN who are 3/4 her size. And whose shoulders are 3/4 the width of hers.

Brave.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

She could be biologically intersex. Unless she started taking hormones at the age of 12, taking hormones later in life would not give her that height advantage.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Really? wrote:
How dare you!??!?! She YES SHE is stunning and brave and we should all be PROUD of her for beating the fuck out of OTHER WOMEN who are 3/4 her size. And whose shoulders are 3/4 the width of hers.

Brave.
A particularly muscular potato. A veritable eggplant of ecstasy. It's true that I might cool the tranny talk around that unique transthingy, unless I was armed. Preferably for bear. Which oddly enough is usually the case.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Dan Arel is in the middle of a twitter fight after saying that he believed victims of rape. This led to a #DanArelRapedMe hashtag after he was challenged by a pink-haired blue tick.

Which resulted in his very own Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Dan_Arel
I do think the pink-haired one hasn't gone with the logical approach. Dan said he believed 'victims of rape', not that he believed all people who said they were victims of rape. Whatever, if he wasn't such a twat on twitter, he wouldn't attract other twats trying to out-twat him.

His twitter feed is good for a laugh though. I haven't been paying much attention to this - have anti-fa always been this cringe-worthy?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

OK, so I missed the beginning of this, Dan accused someone of rape. Anyone know who? Wading through Dan's tweets quickly lost its fun aspect.

CaptainFluffyBunny

HunnyBunny wrote:Dan Arel is in the middle of a twitter fight after saying that he believed victims of rape. This led to a #DanArelRapedMe hashtag after he was challenged by a pink-haired blue tick.

Which resulted in his very own Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I do think the pink-haired one hasn't gone with the logical approach. Dan said he believed 'victims of rape', not that he believed all people who said they were victims of rape. Whatever, if he wasn't such a twat on twitter, he wouldn't attract other twats trying to out-twat him.

His twitter feed is good for a laugh though. I haven't been paying much attention to this - have anti-fa always been this cringe-worthy?

Antifa is perhaps the most ironically named organization since Orwell was published. Aneris would disagree, but she has flounced, leaving us to our crayons and Sargon worship. Antifa, determined to stomp out free speech and pummel disagreements, provided they're not too dangerous.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:Dan Arel is in the middle of a twitter fight after saying that he believed victims of rape. This led to a #DanArelRapedMe hashtag after he was challenged by a pink-haired blue tick.
She's not just a pink haired random person, she's a Japanese model who was insulted by Peter Coffin back in the day and exposed him as an internet loser who created a fake Japanese girlfriend. :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dan Arel has turned into an ED lolcow. Considering he tried to argue that Jerry Coyne was among those who "normalized" white nationalism I'd say that he's reaping what he sow.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
She's not just a pink haired random person, she's a Japanese model who was insulted by Peter Coffin back in the day and exposed him as an internet loser who created a fake Japanese girlfriend. :lol:
Clever woman by the look of it, at least if her MENSA claim is anything to go by. But interesting that a tweet of hers has apparently been misread by at least some:

Certainly clever enough to say "if I were to say I got raped" ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:OK, so I missed the beginning of this, Dan accused someone of rape. Anyone know who? Wading through Dan's tweets quickly lost its fun aspect.
Not sure that he's actually claimed that anyone in particular is guilty of rape - seems to be a general "believe da women!". Not very skeptical which is, of course, the reason for the pushback:

Kind of sad, and a bit problematic, that he apparently calls this a death threat:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Yeah, but you're still ruled by the English, essentially.
https://news.artnet.com/app/news-upload ... 305273.jpg

"By Jove, I didn't realize this, but I am still the Queen!"

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote:
https://news.artnet.com/app/news-upload ... 305273.jpg

"By Jove, I didn't realize this, but I am still the Queen!"

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Steersman wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:OK, so I missed the beginning of this, Dan accused someone of rape. Anyone know who? Wading through Dan's tweets quickly lost its fun aspect.
Not sure that he's actually claimed that anyone in particular is guilty of rape - seems to be a general "believe da women!". Not very skeptical which is, of course, the reason for the pushback:
GSpellchecker says he accused someone of rape:
I think it is a bit off putting the word 'accuser' into Dan's tweet. Dan said ''victims of rape' which is not the same as 'accusers of rape' . Being a victim implies a victimising event took place. Being an accuser does not. It seems GSpellchecker is relying on some past unsubstantiated accusation from Dan, but I can't find it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A woman who left the SJW cult speaks out.
I see increasing numbers of so-called liberals cheering censorship and defending violence as a response to speech. I see seemingly reasonable people wishing death on others and laughing at escalating suicide and addiction rates of the white working class. I see liberal think pieces written in opposition to expressing empathy or civility in interactions with those with whom we disagree. I see 63 million Trump voters written off as “nazis” who are okay to target with physical violence. I see concepts like equality and justice being used as a mask for resentful, murderous rage.

The most pernicious aspect of this evolution of the left, is how it seems to be changing people, and how rapidly since the election. I have been dwelling on this Nietzsche quote for almost six months now, “He who fights with monsters, should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.” How easy is it for ordinary humans to commit atrocious acts? History teaches us it’s pretty damn easy when you are blinded to your own hypocrisy. When you believe you are morally superior, when you have dehumanized those you disagree with, you can justify almost anything. In a particularly vocal part of the left, justification for dehumanizing and committing violence against those on the right has already begun.
I don’t yet know what to call this part of the left. Maajid Nawaz calls them the “Regressive Left.” Others call them SJWs (Social Justice Warriors) or the Alt-Left. The ideology is post-modernist cultural marxism, and it operates as a secular religion. Most are indoctrinated in liberal elite colleges, though many are being indoctrinated online these days. It has its own dogma and jargon, meant to make you feel like a good person, and used to lecture others on their ‘sin.’ “Check your privilege”- much like “mansplaining” and “gaslighting”- all at one time useful terms- have over time lost a lot of their meaning. These days I see them most frequently being abused as weaponized ad hominem attacks on a person’s immutable identity markers….a way to avoid making an argument, while simultaneously claiming an unearned moral highground in a discussion.
She closes off her article with a video from Jordy-boy Peterson.

We need more people like her. It's good to see that some SJWs are beginning to realize the truth about their movement. Laci Green seems to be headed in that direction as well, and we've had Ian Miles Cheong who also switched sides. Hopefully the ex-SJWs will be encouraged to speak out and will work as an example to those who are still prisoners within the cult.

If you're lurking on the Pit, former SJWs, don't be afraid to speak out! We're here to help.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote:
GSpellchecker says he accused someone of rape:

[.tweet][/tweet]

I think it is a bit off putting the word 'accuser' into Dan's tweet. Dan said ''victims of rape' which is not the same as 'accusers of rape' . Being a victim implies a victimising event took place. Being an accuser does not. It seems GSpellchecker is relying on some past unsubstantiated accusation from Dan, but I can't find it.
Interesting - one has to be a Philadelphia lawyer to track down all the ins and outs. But yea, adding interpretations seems a common problem, not surprising with the limitations of Twitter.

Regardless, maybe Dan is referring, in the first instance, to a case he's heard of someone (the accuser in that instance) claiming to have been raped, to have been a victim of a rapist, which is what led to him accusing the supposed perpetrator of being a rapist. And then when challenged for evidence - the second instance - he clams up and falls back on "believe the victim". Which of course is based on an assumption that the accuser is an actual victim - which may or may not hold water.

Sure glad I didn't have to make my way being a judge or a lawyer - or even serving on a jury. :-)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Defectors give an insight into life in North Korea...

[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote:
We need more people like her. It's good to see that some SJWs are beginning to realize the truth about their movement. Laci Green seems to be headed in that direction as well, and we've had Ian Miles Cheong who also switched sides. Hopefully the ex-SJWs will be encouraged to speak out and will work as an example to those who are still prisoners within the cult.

If you're lurking on the Pit, former SJWs, don't be afraid to speak out! We're here to help.
With most prominent anti-SJW's having way bigger platforms than SJW's the cynic in me is wondering if all this red pilling is just a ploy to get their profiles out there to more people. I'm sure some are genuine (not completely convinced by Laci Green) but this could all turn into another internet flame war. I'm sure there's going to be some butt hurt cry babies who will try to engage then go scuttling back into their safe space once some 'Nazi' starts disagreeing with them. That red pill might just get stuck in the gullet.

If there's money to be made by red pilling your platform is anyone ready for Rebecca Watson seeking asylum in Kekistan? :?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If you haven't checked it out already - take a look at the Lalo Dagach Podcast (youtube channel and also on soundcloud).

He has interviewed Dan Arel about punching Nazis and also had a follow up conversation with Joshua Turner (an ex-neo-nazi skinhead). In which Turner said that much of Arel's rhetoric was just like the SHARPs (Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice) a group that actively go out looking for fights at a street level.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeyqdo ... cUTJ8jer4A

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:
If there's money to be made by red pilling your platform is anyone ready for Rebecca Watson seeking asylum in Kekistan? :?
Watson's one saving grace, is that she is just too bone idle to enact the labour of talking to anyone outside her bubble, except to make a few half-hearted snarky comments.

So I suspect we will be spared that particular indignity.

In other cases if there is to be any reform it would be better to encourage people to develop a larger offline presence - to wean them off the constant narcissistic feedback loop they have become accustomed to on the Internet.

This is probably where the Clergy Project fell down - all the ex-preachers should not have been placed in public speaking PR roles. They should have been trained to do other work - and perhaps do an occasional speaking gig at conferences.

So, I'm not particularly hopeful in current developments leading to a decrease in Internet drama.

But then again - it's hard to say what would.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

MarcusAu wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
I'm not.

Scented is my muse.

/WhiteKnight
I've never had a white knight before. And I've never been at war before. So, when we win this war, and win it we will, I'll make you a real knight. I'll dub thee Sir [anything you want]. :)
You can dub him Sir Cum-Specked. Though Richard Carrier may already have that title.
I think Carrier absolutely has that title covered. Covered, speckled, sprayed, splashed, sticky-with, and many more. He has multiple titles, such as Sir Spooge-all-over, Sir Jizzface, Sir B.U.Kakke, Sir Semen-on-you, and Sir Intheeventofthings.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:

Well, get better, ok? And one of the local sheep is saying that she's scheduled to be locked up in your room tonight along with a couple of bottles of good drink. Are you ok with this? I want to make sure you consent before I send her in there.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Plus, Madonna has agreed to give a celebratory blowjob to anyone who leaves the other side and joins
Did I say Madonna? I meant all Pitters on the other side who still refuse to join us. :)

Join under the Scented banner, or grease your lips up, people.

Bhurzum, you are probably going to get more BJs than you know what to do with. People are set in their political ways.

What's wrong with your leg(s)?
Well there's gonna be a Freaker's Ball,

Tonight, at the Freaker's Hall,

And you know you're invited one and all.

Come on babies grease your lips,

Grab your hats and swing your hips,

And don't forget to bring your whips,

Cause we're goin to the Freaker's Ball.
Holy shit, that's where I first got that phrase! I was wondering where that came from as I typed it. LOL, I had that album when I was young.

[youtube][/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Antifa is perhaps the most ironically named organization since Orwell was published. Aneris would disagree, but she has flounced, leaving us to our crayons and Sargon worship. Antifa, determined to stomp out free speech and pummel disagreements, provided they're not too dangerous.
I was kind of wondering what I missed with the Aneris flounce, and I knew she was calling people nazis, but she was also defending antifa??????

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:If you haven't checked it out already - take a look at the Lalo Dagach Podcast (youtube channel and also on soundcloud).

He has interviewed Dan Arel about punching Nazis and also had a follow up conversation with Joshua Turner (an ex-neo-nazi skinhead). In which Turner said that much of Arel's rhetoric was just like the SHARPs (Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice) a group that actively go out looking for fights at a street level.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeyqdo ... cUTJ8jer4A
Dagach is pretty great, I also recommend his channel and souncloud.

I've met with a couple of leftist street fighters myself, of the Black Bloc type. They went out of their way to provoke confrontations with groups they disliked and with the police. I was sympathetic to the ideals of the pacific No Global Anti-Corporations protests, and I still am, but I despise the Black Bloc, they're just as bad as the neo-nazis they sometimes tangle with.

Nothing good comes out of looking for a fight. The reputation of the No Global, Anti-Corporation left has been hurt badly by those people. Many of them are hooligans and hotheads who don't understand much about politics except for a few slogans, but there are some who are true believers in some form of "revolution", who carry around Mao's Little Red Book, cite Mao's sentence about political power being born from he barrel of a gun, and believe that the public, especially the unemployed and the underemployed youth, will be on their side as they will create an Utopian classless society. Of course that's pure wishful thinking, and all they get are bruises and prison sentences, but they're so invested in the romantic idea of the heroic revolutionary fighter that they really don't get how much they're harming the support for their ideas.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:Defectors give an insight into life in North Korea...

[youtube][/youtube]
That was fascinating.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

You know how the left cries that Russia is evil all the time? Here's antifa carrying some version of the old Soviet flags, which were Russia's flags from 1954-1991. Different gov'ts, but still funny.

[youtube][/youtube]

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

With most prominent anti-SJW's having way bigger platforms than SJW's the cynic in me is wondering if all this red pilling is just a ploy to get their profiles out there to more people. I'm sure some are genuine (not completely convinced by Laci Green) but this could all turn into another internet flame war. I'm sure there's going to be some butt hurt cry babies who will try to engage then go scuttling back into their safe space once some 'Nazi' starts disagreeing with them. That red pill might just get stuck in the gullet.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but could this be the beginning of an SJW infiltration of anti-SJW-ism? As soon as they have enough numbers they'll be demanding codes of conduct and accusing people of sexual harassment and rape and doing all the purity tests and call-outs and everything else they do, and there'll be another Deep Rift, between SJW-anti-SJWs and anti-SJW-anti-SJWs.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Scented Nectar wrote:You know how the left cries that Russia is evil all the time? Here's antifa carrying some version of the old Soviet flags, which were Russia's flags from 1954-1991. Different gov'ts, but still funny.

[youtube][/youtube]

This is from the recent May Day rally in London at which the Labour party's shadow chancellor John McDonnell addressed.

Could you imagine a leading Conservative Minister addressing a Neo Nazi rally with banners of Hitler?

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

So the Comey firing is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while, and I'm a little baffled by the reaction.

Bear in mind the actual final result of the Russia investigations and the degree to which Comey actually had oversight are almost negligible. The real question is was this a smart move by Trump in any form? I can't find a single good angle for this, and even Republicans defending him on it seem to be pissed that they're having to do so when the idiot would have been better off not rocking the boat.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

paddybrown wrote:
Maybe I'm paranoid, but could this be the beginning of an SJW infiltration of anti-SJW-ism? As soon as they have enough numbers they'll be demanding codes of conduct and accusing people of sexual harassment and rape and doing all the purity tests and call-outs and everything else they do, and there'll be another Deep Rift, between SJW-anti-SJWs and anti-SJW-anti-SJWs.
Now my brain hurts.

In a funny way.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
paddybrown wrote:
Now my brain hurts.

In a funny way.
We must make codes against codes.

Error...error...

[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It's been very amusing to behold. Dan has presently locked his twitter, probably because too many folks are believing the victims. According to Godless Spellchecker, who usually appears to be a pretty honest source, Dan's 'I believe the victims' bit came as a result of this:
Not sure who the now thoroughly desperate Dan is referring to, but according to someone responding to those tweets it was - no surprise - Shermer.

It does appear that Dan has finally been the victim of his own propensity to sling unfounded labels about. Oh well. Justice is served.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sunder wrote:So the Comey firing is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while, and I'm a little baffled by the reaction.

Bear in mind the actual final result of the Russia investigations and the degree to which Comey actually had oversight are almost negligible. The real question is was this a smart move by Trump in any form? I can't find a single good angle for this, and even Republicans defending him on it seem to be pissed that they're having to do so when the idiot would have been better off not rocking the boat.
Probably shouldn't head too Trumpward, but judging by the reaction of even a lot of Republicans, it was no brilliant maneuver. Trump may not have understood that firing Comey wouldn't stall the investigation much, as apparently he hasn't fully mastered the differences between business and government. He did manage to piss off the FBI.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I've had a friendly but somewhat intense debate with a religious buddy of mine. As could be expected, neither of us changed our minds, but I got him to agree on a trade. I'll give him one book to read and vice versa. I'm having trouble coming up with one that summarizes everything I was trying to get across in the debate though. His main contention is that religious scholars are very intelligent and very studious people (which I don't deny), therefore they are every bit as much truth-seekers as scientists are. I'd like something that focuses on epistemology, why empiricism and refuting the null hypothesis is superior to other methods. Especially I'm looking for someone who emphasizes just how fundamentally different this approach is from what came before. Anyone have any accessible texts on that subject?

Really?

Post by Really? »

What are they going to do with this one?

The new Miss USA is black.

She's a government scientist.

She rejects feminism in favor of equality.

She points out that feminism is man-hating.

She says women have equal opportunity in the workplace.

Between this and Arel, it was a good day!

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:So the Comey firing is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while, and I'm a little baffled by the reaction.

Trump has a track record of being good at selling his product but terrible at delivering something that matters. He successfully intercepted and gave voice to people pissed off with the establishment, but now he's not delivering anything of value. He's a con man, a late night advertiser (like the Sham-Wow Guy) and now that he has to deliver what he promised the con is starting to become painfully obvious, so he acts erratically.

Incidentally this is one of the reasons why I don't believe he's planning a fascist takeover of the US, or is involved in any international intrigue: not only he doesn't care, even if he did he'd be too self-absorbed to do it well. He's not Hitler, not a fascist, not a secret planner, not a schemer, not even an authoritarian ruler: he's someone who was in the right place in the right time and promoted the hell out of his message, but now he has no clue about what to do. He used the anti-establishment "drain the swamp" message to get ahead, but now he doesn't really care about how things work as long as he and his family get richer.

He can't even be trusted not to do anything, because he'll listen to someone who tells him he has to act to look good and he'll do it. His isolationism crumbled after he was told of the gas attack in Syria, not because he cares, but because they told him he'd look weak otherwise.

The Russians supported him because they believe he had a plan which could have led to appeasement and a tentative alliance. He used the leaks on Hillary because it was good negative marketing, and didn't really care where they came from: notice how now he doesn't really care about "locking her up".

The Republicans support him since he's popular with their base, but once people are fed up with him he'll be tossed away like a hot potato.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

jet_lagg wrote:...Anyone have any accessible texts on that subject?
The Vatican?

Or perhaps you could suggest something by the inestimable Dr Professor Richard Carrier Phd.