Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Malky

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Malky »

MarcusAu wrote:
deLurch wrote:
... A few heads need to be put on pikes...
Or perhaps sturgeons.

At the very least a halibut.
I don't think Fish and long pig work very well together or that heads make a very good table decoration

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sulman wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Critical theorist bemoans the fact that her philosophy can be be used by people she doesn't like.
Trump’s playbook should be familiar to any student of critical theory and philosophy. It often feels like Trump has stolen our ideas and weaponized them.

For decades, critical social scientists and humanists have chipped away at the idea of truth.
I read shit like this and my first instinct is to assume Parsehole wrote it. That's his brilliance. Create a character who states the fatal flaw of their own ideology in the plainest language possible and then continues on, unmoved and uncaring about this vulnerability. The rest of a essay is just an attempt to demarcate weaponized versus (presumably) honest applications of critical theory, the author and her allies exercising the latter of course.
This is an absolutely brilliant find.
Here's the punchline:
But blind faith in objectivity and factual truth alone has not proven to be a promising way forward.
I'm having that embroidered on a pillow.

Kirbmarc

Re: Everyone I don't Like is a Regressive and they are all V

Post by Kirbmarc »

Aneris wrote:It’s very clear to me that the vocal majority here want to draw super-fine grained distinctions between 88 flavours of Right Wing, like Tumblerinas would with their genders, just so that there is enough space between Richard Spencer and some other liked candidate. However, according to what I read here, “The Left” is just one thing. The Left are the Regressives, the Regressives are Antifa. And they are all violent bullies.
I imagine that you don't believe Bernie Sanders to be left-wing, since people here expressed support for his anti-Identity politics approach to politics. Or Cathy Young, very anti-Trump, very liked here. Or Scott Alexander, non-PoMo, very much anti-violence, anti-Trump and anti-Regressives, very liked here, with no one associating him to Antifas. Or Peter Tatchell, liked here for applying his liberal beliefs consistently instead of acting differently on the basis of race. Etc. Just to name a few movements which aren't "regressives" (actually PostModern Leftists, the "regressives" are those who excuse bigotry from muslims), have been talked about very positively here and are actually part of "the Left".

It's pretty clear that your accusation that people here see "the left" as violent bullies is yet another one of your smears. Most people here are still roughly on the left, or at least on the center-left of the spectrum, and even those who aren't have never said that "the left" is all made up of bullies. Indeed we recognize that a lot of people in the left, even the far left, have spoken against this kind of bullying, and rightly so.

Recently Elizabeth Warren (on the Far Left of the US political spectrum) has spoken out against the campus craziness and has urged people to let Ann Coulter speak:I'm usually not a fan of her, but kudos to her for saying what she has said, hopefully she will inspire others and the illiberal craze on the campus bullies will die out.

When most people here talk about bullies it's pretty clear they mean the violent street fighters (many of which are Antifa, and supported by many Antifa groups) and of a specific group of people who are pro-Nazi punching, pro-street battles, pro-disrupting events, pro-acting illiberally, pro-acting like bullies. People like Dan Arel, for example, or PZ Myers. People who apologize for bullies by saying that they're not bullies because some people deserved to be victims of violence.

Very few people here define the entirey of "the Left" as "Regressives", "Regressives" as "Antifa", and all of them as bullies: DaveDoDo007 springs to mind. If DaveDD007 received widespread support here you might have had a point. But actually he receives pretty much as much support as Steersman.

What we have here on this forum is a lot of backlash against people who DO support disrupting events, Nazi-punching, heckling, and acting like bullies (smashing windows, throwing firecrackers at people, using bike locks and bottles as weapons in street fights). People who act like bullies deserve to be called bullies, and very recently a lot of Antifas have behaved like bullies, justifying their bullying acts with the threat of neo-nazism.

People here have simply been feed up with the antics of those Antifas (and it's not just the Black Bloc violent fringe anymore) who act like bullies, and with the people who are saying that Antifas are just Doing The Right Thing by Punching Nazis. A list of people which doesn't, and has never, included all leftists.

Hell this list doesn't include you since you don't excuse violence, even if you're too quick to argue #NotAllAntifas, which is what people here are pointing out. That's a minor thing, though, and excusable since in the past Antifas weren't as prone as violence apparently, except for a minority of violent people. Now, though, there's no one in the Antifa community who is coming out to denounce the violent bullies as being in the wrong, and actually many are supporting them, which is quite a big issue. But that's beside the point, and not really about you if not tangentially because of your categorical "no, they're not bullies".

Leaving aside your #NotAllAntifas rhetoric, what's actually happening isn't that people here want to draw "super-fine grained distinctions between 88 flavor of right-wing" (surely it's the 1488 flavors of Right Wing?). What's happening is that you have been recently acting a lot like a Bizarro version of DaveDodo, calling everyone who's too much right wing for your liking a neo-nazi or "laying the pipes" for neo-nazis. This is actually surprising, coming from someone as clever as you. You have associated people who want to curtail immigration, or are anti-EU, or are pro-Trump, with nazifascism. When you've been called out you've started accusing people here of lying, of strawmanning you, of being part of the Cult of Sargon, of being in service of neo-nazi agenda.

And now you have the gall of saying that people here are lumping the entire Left together with the bullies, just because people don't agree with your characterization of all right-wing populists/right-wing libertarians/civic nationalists as neo-nazis and are fed up with the Antifas acting like bullies and those who defend them by saying that it's OK to punch nazis.

The projection is strong with you, Aneris.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote: You're just Alt Right cunts who masquerade as Free Speech advocates.

"As YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki was in Berlin last week, she called the planned fines "a high load on the platforms" . For fear of this, the law could lead to "too much censorship being removed by platforms that should not be removed"."
http://m.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/a-1141853.html

"This could be politically abused, fears [Vice-President Eva] Högl, and advocate denunciations. "That is why we have to provide for a minimum threshold for such information, for example by expressly reserving the right to a court," the Social Democrat said."
http://m.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/facebo ... 42373.html

"[Stephan Scherzer, chairman of the Association of German Magazine Publishers, VDZ] VDZ, for example, warned that Federal Law Minister Heiko Maas's planned law against Hassrede was nothing less than the "state establishment of private opinion police"."

"Green Party politician Renate Künast told public broadcaster ARD that the bill could lead to “a sharp limitation of freedom of speech, because there will only be deleting, deleting, deleting.
One of the companies most affected by the bill is Facebook, which has sought to sidestep such laws by taking voluntary measures to curb the spread of fake news. The company echoed concerns that the bill would wrongly foist upon corporations a level of decision-making on the legality of content that should instead reside with German courts.
“We work very hard to remove illegal content from our platform and are determined to work with others to solve this problem,” the company said in a statement. “As experts have pointed out, this legislation would force private companies rather than the courts to become the judges of what is illegal in Germany.”"
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/05/ge ... peech-law/

"[German Justice Minister Heiko Maas] [Maas added that “European solutions” were needed to better regulate content appearing on online platforms across the continent.

Digital rights groups, including the Digital Society Association, have opposed the bill, claiming that it strengthens online censorship and limits freedom of speech."
http://www.newsweek.com/germany-unveils ... ews-579958

"Maas is also agitating for a European-level approach to tackling the spread of hate speech by online platforms, saying now that he will present the government’s proposals for regulation to colleagues in the European Council of Justice and Home Affairs Ministers.

“We want to continue the process at European level,” he said.

The EU currently has 28 Member States, including Germany, and in May last year its executive body, the European Commission, unveiled a code of conduct for handling hate speech on social platforms, securing agreement on this initiative from Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft. It remains to be seen whether the EC will feel the need to push for a tougher stance across the region.

The German government has been cranking up the pressure on social media companies to tackle a surge in hate speech sentiments spreading via their platforms for several years now, following the refugee crisis in Europe."
https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/05/germa ... dia-firms/

KenD

Post by KenD »

screwtape wrote:A curious story of a programmer who was terminated for holding the wrong opinions:

http://www.inc.com/sonya-mann/drupal-la ... d-gor.html

I don't really know anything about this, but I wonder if entry standards to open source projects are lower than in the commercial software world, making SJW entryism easier. We've seen similar things happening in Linux where some find it easier to rise by pointing fingers than by actually being good at their work. Computer geeks would certainly provide a target rich environment for those who want to detect wrongthink.
Entryism? from SJWs? Surely not! I’ve just been catching up on this drama and was wondering if anyone here had mentioned it. Despite being a month Ninja’d I can’t resist adding my own belated commentary, especially as this SJW clusterfuck is still bubbling along and could have further consequences in the open source community. Of course by 'commentary' I mean a few lines of text and a fuckload of copy/pasted tweets...

One thing I found interesting was the initial conflict within the 'diversity and inclusion' crowd regarding whether outing/doxxing and expelling Larry Garfield for engaging in private and consensual male-dominant role play constituted “kinkshaming” or not.

Even some staunch SJW types like Coraline Ada, the transwoman who wrote this code of conduct, initially seemed uncomfortable with it all. In her case it's perhaps not surprising, as she's in a similar scene herself: In fact, she put out a revised code of conduct specifically tweaked to protect consenting adult sex: Of course they were put in their place, quickly backtracked, and apologised for their wrongthink. The fact that there's nothing in the code of conduct to expel someone for wrongkink is being used to call for a tougher CoC and new policies to allow people to be expelled more easily. There were plenty of people who were disgusted by his expulsion, including a number of women (or 'filthy snake traitors' to use the language of social justice) who'd worked with him. Thankfully feminist diversity in tech activists were on hand to speak up for the silent majority of women: As a feminist she's qualified to know what other women are really thinking. Unlike those misogynists who think there should actually be a victim before someone is expelled. The backlash against his expulsion lead to the Drupal Confessions twitter feed and open letter

Anyone signing or retweeting that was quickly condemned as a Nazi/alt-right/gamer gater/misogynist/etc. shitlord who's only 'appropriating' the language of 'diversity and inclusion' because Garfield's a privileged white (Jewish) male. Of course engaging in consensual and private sex play with your girlfriend is just like actually owning slaves. Anyone who disagrees must be purged from the Drupal collective. And anyone objecting to someone being stripped of their position over their sex life will make conferences, and the Drupal community in general, an unsafe place for women: One of the ironies here is that Garfield is very much a progressive/feminist. For example, in his leadership role in Drupal he instituted positive discrimination measures to increase the number of women speaking at conferences. Even that has been used against him. Some people have suggested that if he repents his sins and changes his kinks he could be rehabilitated, but others have pointed out how problematic that is: I think there’s a particular hatred of Larry Garfield because he didn’t roll over and grovel at their feet. He turned up at the Drupal con despite not being allowed to speak, and offered people the opportunity to talk to him about the situation face to face. Obviously that did not go down well. I'm not sure if anyone will actually be interested in any of this, but I think it demonstrates a few things about the limits of 'liberal diversity and tolerance' when it comes to people's sex lives.

I find it ironic that some of that SJW crowd have recently been calling for the community to be more welcoming to Muslims. The same people arguing that just enjoying the Gor novels as fantasy is unacceptable because 'the personal is political', are quick to condemn people as Islamophobic if they take issue with the male supremacist views found in the Quran.

There are other twists to the story, and about 9000 other relevant tweets I could dump here, but I know I've already gone OTT with the tweet spam so I'll cut it here...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

By the way, on Antifaschistiche Aktion, here's what Wikipedia says:
The first German movement to call itself Antifaschistische Aktion was proclaimed by the German Communist Party (KPD) in their newspaper Rote Fahne in 1932 and had its first rally in Berlin 10 July 1932. May 1932 the communist paramilitary organisation Rotfrontkämpferbund had been banned and after a fight between Nazi and Communist members of parliament the Antifaschistische Aktion was created to ensure that the communists could have a militant organisation to rival the paramilitary organisations of the Nazis. After a forceful dissolution by the Nazis in 1933, the movement was revived during the 1980s.

One of the biggest antifascist campaigns in Germany in recent years was the ultimately successful effort to block the annual Nazi-marches in the eastern German city of Dresden which had become "Europe's biggest gathering of Nazis".

In October 2016, the Antifa in Dresden campaigned on the occasion of the 3rd October German Reunification Anniversary for "turning Unity celebrations into a disaster" („Einheitsfeierlichkeiten zum Desaster machen“), explicitly not ruling out the use of violence.[5]
Antifascistisk Aktion (AFA) was founded in Sweden in 1993. Their Activity Guide advocates violence against neo-Nazis.[6] AFA members have admitted to arson by timed firebombs,[7] and have pleaded guilty to burning the Tråvad spinnery in 2005.[8] In January 2006, Swedish AFA members attacked the Norrköping immigration office and threatened officials.[9] In June 2006, AFA members broke windows of an estate of the Christian Democrats in Kalmar.[10] In October 2006, AFA members threatened to block a municipal council meeting in Gothenburg, because the Sweden Democrats had been elected to the council.[11]

In July 2007, AFA members threatened and attacked an immigration judge in Gothenburg.[12] The judge's front door was hit with an axe, and the house was vandalized with red spraypaint. Personal information about the judge and other judges was posted in the Internet.[13] On 7 March 2008, Säpo, the Swedish security police agency, reported that AFA or people using its symbols constantly threaten municipal and provincial elected council members.[14] In August 2008, AFA members spread announcements in Uppsala with the name and image of an opponent, encouraging people to attack him. For this, AFA promised to pay 500 Swedish kronor and a free "knogjärn" (knuckle duster).[15] In February 2009, AFA members attacked the National Democrats politician Vávra Suk.[16]
Make of that what you want. Maybe Wikipedia is biased against Antifa and reports only their origin as a paramilitary group in Nazi Germany which was pretty ineffectual at fighting the actual nazis and their more recent violent developments. Maybe there's more to those groups which is left out. Or maybe Antifas' records isn't spotless, and they're employing street violence because they were inspired by a communist organization which was involved in street violence.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Female MRA interviews feminist. Lols ensue.

[youtube][/youtube]
This feminist is so dumb and annoying. And smug. Do you think that she knows, deep down, that she's a moron and is overcompensating with her stupid facial expressions?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:It’s very clear to me that the vocal majority here want to draw super-fine grained distinctions between 88 flavours of Right Wing, like Tumblerinas would with their genders, just so that there is enough space between Richard Spencer and some other liked candidate. However, according to what I read here, “The Left” is just one thing. The Left are the Regressives, the Regressives are Antifa. And they are all violent bullies.
<snip>

It's pretty clear that your accusation that people here see "the left" as violent bullies is yet another one of your smears. Most people here are still roughly on the left, or at least on the center-left of the spectrum, and even those who aren't have never said that "the left" is all made up of bullies. Indeed we recognize that a lot of people in the left, even the far left, have spoken against this kind of bullying, and rightly so. ....

Indeed, and LoL, respectively. Though I'm not entirely sure that Aneris' broad-brush strokes really qualify as a smear, although one might reasonably wonder whether she lumps me in with "the vocal majority". In any case, somewhat en passant, of maybe some relevance, ;-)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:People like Hitchens, who don't give a damn about their bad reputation and actually cultivate an image of being the Jerk Who's Right, are far harder to fool with flattery and smiles.
The Jerk Who Was Right sounds like a children's book for baby Pitters.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:
Aneris wrote: You're just Alt Right cunts who masquerade as Free Speech advocates.

"As YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki was in Berlin last week, she called the planned fines "a high load on the platforms" . For fear of this, the law could lead to "too much censorship being removed by platforms that should not be removed"."

"This could be politically abused, fears [Vice-President Eva] Högl, and advocate denunciations. "That is why we have to provide for a minimum threshold for such information, for example by expressly reserving the right to a court," the Social Democrat said."
http://m.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/facebo ... 42373.html

"[Stephan Scherzer, chairman of the Association of German Magazine Publishers, VDZ] VDZ, for example, warned that Federal Law Minister Heiko Maas's planned law against Hassrede was nothing less than the "state establishment of private opinion police"."

"Green Party politician Renate Künast told public broadcaster ARD that the bill could lead to “a sharp limitation of freedom of speech, because there will only be deleting, deleting, deleting.
One of the companies most affected by the bill is Facebook, which has sought to sidestep such laws by taking voluntary measures to curb the spread of fake news. The company echoed concerns that the bill would wrongly foist upon corporations a level of decision-making on the legality of content that should instead reside with German courts.
“We work very hard to remove illegal content from our platform and are determined to work with others to solve this problem,” the company said in a statement. “As experts have pointed out, this legislation would force private companies rather than the courts to become the judges of what is illegal in Germany.”"
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/05/ge ... peech-law/

"[German Justice Minister Heiko Maas] [Maas added that “European solutions” were needed to better regulate content appearing on online platforms across the continent.

Digital rights groups, including the Digital Society Association, have opposed the bill, claiming that it strengthens online censorship and limits freedom of speech."
http://www.newsweek.com/germany-unveils ... ews-579958

"Maas is also agitating for a European-level approach to tackling the spread of hate speech by online platforms, saying now that he will present the government’s proposals for regulation to colleagues in the European Council of Justice and Home Affairs Ministers.

“We want to continue the process at European level,” he said.

The EU currently has 28 Member States, including Germany, and in May last year its executive body, the European Commission, unveiled a code of conduct for handling hate speech on social platforms, securing agreement on this initiative from Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft. It remains to be seen whether the EC will feel the need to push for a tougher stance across the region.

The German government has been cranking up the pressure on social media companies to tackle a surge in hate speech sentiments spreading via their platforms for several years now, following the refugee crisis in Europe."
https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/05/germa ... dia-firms/
Only nazis worry about the noble efforts to tackle the spread of hate speech by online platforms. If you've got nothing to fear you've got nothing to hide. It is known, khaleesi.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I really, really hope that Donald Trump will be defeated in 2020, hopefully by someone who's not a Saudi-friendly crony capitalist like Clinton (my pick, as I've explained many times, is Tulsi Gabbard). I really, really hope that the saner left, which now includes Elizabeth Warren, will take over the Democratic Party and curb the idiocy, the support for political violence, the identitarian insanity.

It's all hope for now though. My cynical part sees a bleak future, with a left which goes crazier and crazier, Trump who sides with the Saudi/GCC countries more and more and wins in 2020 because the Dems are still allowing in crazy idiots who believe in identity politics and praise the Nazi-punchers.

But hey, let's talk a bit more about how all right-wing populists (which I don't like, even though I agree with them on certain issues, like curbing the influence of islam in politics) are secretly a bunch of nazis. That'll help the left to become saner!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steersman wrote:...In any case, somewhat en passant, of maybe some relevance, ;-)
Or the weed he's toking is good enough to make dryer lint taste like heaven.

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Or right-wing libertarians. Nazis, the whole of them, too. They're the real big problem, the insanity of the left is no big deal, if only we call more right-wingers nazis everyone will stop voting for the right-wing or anti-EU parties or supporting their ideas, because of course people are easily brainwashed idiots, and there are no issues with globalist policies or with the EU or with integration of islam or with the illiberal parts of the left. It's all Russian propaganda or neo-nazism.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:People like Hitchens, who don't give a damn about their bad reputation and actually cultivate an image of being the Jerk Who's Right, are far harder to fool with flattery and smiles.
Unfortunately his brother Peter has now nabbed that title.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote: Sorry, this is ancient history now, but I wanted to respond. I drew a distinction between genetic and chromosomal because we were talking about the heritability of intelligence, and things like Down syndrome or Patau syndrome aren't connected the information in the parental genetic code the way that, cystic fibrosis is (for example). They are related to the amount of genetic material, as you said. I suppose those syndromes could be considered genetic in a certain sense, but instances of aneuploidy shouldn't be predictable by transmission genetics since they aren't related to the genotype of the person.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Aneris wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:Aneris talked about how antifa is a a considerable part of the punk/hardcore underground community and a lot of them are pacifists.

Just wanted to second this, as it's a totally accurate observation.
If one departs on a hard-road EU tour of squats etc it's not uncommon to be playing on "stages" with antifa flags as the backdrop.
I want to impart some observations about this:

1: Punk music attracts lots of 'outsider' type disaffected teenagers looking for 'rebel' status.

2: As a general movement it's developed from the squatting scene/DIY culture of the 80s simultaneously with 'crusty' hardcore/anarcho music.

3: A considerable part of punk's core appeal is surface-level aesthetic- very obvious when it's liberty spikes or tattoos etc

4: Opposition to 'the system, man' is an intrinsic aspect of this surface-level aesthetic. It's the mythology of punk, if you will.

5: It's not a very intellectually free space, you tow the line or shut up- it's a clique with established parameters. And it's Hierarchical.

6: Large groups of directionless, apathetic young people are a good target for recruitment to your ideology. Especially if it requires active and complete commitment like veganism or radfem or hare krishna, in the 90s.

7: Kids get peer=pressured/influenced into all kinds of stuff they 100% regret and leave behind later.

8: The counter-cultural setup is a perfect place to go if you simply want to be violent and boss people around.

Now I'm not claiming this is everyone in punk music, as it's clearly a niche, but the above observations are all first-hand for me. Some of you may recall my first post saying I'd come here due to feeling despondent with the amount of this stuff I was encountering as it was spoiling the spirit of individualism and self-expression that had drawn me into the scene decades earlier.
However I must point out that most millennial antifa types are no threat, but feeble people with deep seated personal issues drawn to a movement that conveniently contextualises these problems as 'society's fault'.

There are only so many vegan bakery workshops on cyclist revolution one can hear about before one realises 99% of this stuff is selling a middle-class eco-dream exactly like the wooly bullshit ads for 'healing energy medicine' in the back of the Guardian's weekend magazine.

Antifa has become violent recently; I suspect this is due to people looking to be violent flooding in. It's still mostly a bunch of garbage posing though.
I agree to almost everything you wrote. Except the last part. There were always violent parts within the Antifa, but extremist violence on both sides of the spectrum has gone up, reports the Guardian. The Financial Times goes further, titles "Far right drives rise in extremism and violence in Germany". One caveat is that this matter overall is not as trivial to define as it seems. Though to be clear, nobody doubts who sets asylum and refugee shelters aflame.
Fair, just calling it as I've seen it up-close. But then as stated I've drawn away from that world a huge deal. I'm still friends with many people (even some would-be antifa) who I consider to be good and decent people underneath it, but I don't engage with the politics of it anymore as it's become so fucking tiresome and hypocritical.

Even before I decided to pull away I was constantly confronted with this hypocrisy. Constant belittling for not being a vegan from people who's lifestyles are appalling in every other way. Lectures on how healthy weed is from people with obvious + crippling dependency problems.

I guess the point is this scenario described above (dysfunction) is the backdrop of culture and behaviour that ideas like antifa seed themselves in. I dare say it's similar for the far right- very poor areas with bad education etc, angry young people etc.

I don't know where it's all going, and as I've said before I don't feel strongly about various youtubers becoming more right wing, but I did want to reinforce your points about how the base ideology for antifa being fairly normalised in the alternative underground culture.

Also it's worth noting that in "the sceptic community" on youtube they have all been fighting recently. Even some of Sargon's friends (Jeff Holiday esp) have been calling him out for too much reactionary support for Trump/Alt Right stuff.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:
Steersman wrote:...In any case, somewhat en passant, of maybe some relevance, ;-)
[.tweet][/tweet]
Or the weed he's toking is good enough to make dryer lint taste like heaven.

[.youtube][/youtube]
:-) "God, Guns, & Grass" - isn't there a book with that title? ;-) In any case, being Sunday and all that:
O'Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, the pusher
God damn, I say the pusher
I said God damn, God damn the pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man. ....
[youtube][/youtube]

Malky

Post by Malky »

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Unfortunately his brother Peter has now nabbed that title.
When has Peter Hitchens ever been right other than right wing?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Malky wrote:
When has Peter Hitchens ever been right other than right wing?
In his youth:
He was a member of the International Socialists (forerunners of the modern Socialist Workers' Party) from 1969 to 1975[8] (beginning at age 17), claiming to have been introduced to the organisation by his brother.[9] In 2010 he dismissed the "cruel revolutionary rubbish" he promoted as a member as "poison",[8] but later commented that "it was a reasonable mistake to have made. I'm glad I made it, because unlike people who've been vaccinated against a disease, I've actually had the disease and therefore I'm totally immune from it in a way that a mere vaccination couldn't possibly provide. ... It taught me how to think, in a lot of ways. So I don't regret the experience at all; I think everybody should have it."[9]

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

... Which one of you is a writer for the New 'Handmaids Tale'?

#gendertraitor4life

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

On the "antifa" guy posing as a Trump supporter throwing the roman solute pic I posted a day or two ago,

This guy is claiming the has video evidence that they guy throwing the roman solute is a Trump supporter, and it looks compelling.

https://redice.tv/news/debunked-berkele ... not-antifa

And I also see rumblings that an antifa person stole the roman solute guy's shield as an explanation.

And as a side note, the guy who wrote the blog post appears to be at minimum some sort of Euro-nationalist. But I am basing that primarily on this from his profile: "Activism and administration for @IdentityEvropa."

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Piece of trivia i found interesting. The original Star Trek series used to use the Andy Griffith Show's Mayberry town set when they needed a small town to shoot in. You can see Floyd's Barbershop in the background around 16 seconds into this clip:

[youtube][/youtube]

I can hear Barney as he fumbles for his bullet in his shirt pocket: Andy! Andy! There's aliens in our town! Aliens! What are we gonna do about it!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ERV wrote:... Which one of you is a writer for the New 'Handmaids Tale'?
#gendertraitor4life
So is it good or not?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Piece of trivia i found interesting. The original Star Trek series used to use the Andy Griffith Show's Mayberry town set when they needed a small town to shoot in. You can see Floyd's Barbershop in the background around 16 seconds into this clip:

[youtube][/youtube]

I can hear Barney as he fumbles for his bullet in his shirt pocket: Andy! Andy! There's aliens in our town! Aliens! What are we gonna do about it!
Fun fact, the musical theme for this episode was also the musical theme and title of time-travelling romance comedy Goodnight Sweetheart.

The writing wasn't quite up to Harlan Ellison's standard though.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

I'm not sure if anyone will actually be interested in any of this, but I think it demonstrates a few things about the limits of 'liberal diversity and tolerance' when it comes to people's sex lives.

I find it ironic that some of that SJW crowd have recently been calling for the community to be more welcoming to Muslims. The same people arguing that just enjoying the Gor novels as fantasy is unacceptable because 'the personal is political', are quick to condemn people as Islamophobic if they take issue with the male supremacist views found in the Quran.

There are other twists to the story, and about 9000 other relevant tweets I could dump here, but I know I've already gone OTT with the tweet spam so I'll cut it here...
Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I saw it a few days after it first went down, and then a few weeks later when the backlash had started.

I am more amused than shocked to discover the backlash (including the terrorist Coraline Ada) beaten down to the ground and those members dealt with.

Interesting reading the tweets accusing Garfield of bringing Drupal into slavery and collaborating with slavery since what this is all about is comments to an online consensual BDSM GOR community very much separate from Drupal and kept distant from Drupal until some SJW went a stalking and a doxing.

More and more I am one of those who just want to see it all burn, so the best possible outcome is from Drupal to get medieval on Garfield's ass and then eventually have this whole thing burn Drupal down. (With apologies to Garfield).

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I saw the old version of A HandMaid's Tale. Yawn, and Ithink Atwood probably stole the idea from Harlan Ellison's much better dudebro story, A Boy and His Dog:
[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Kirbmarc wrote:Or right-wing libertarians. Nazis, the whole of them, too. They're the real big problem, the insanity of the left is no big deal, if only we call more right-wingers nazis everyone will stop voting for the right-wing or anti-EU parties or supporting their ideas, because of course people are easily brainwashed idiots, and there are no issues with globalist policies or with the EU or with integration of islam or with the illiberal parts of the left. It's all Russian propaganda or neo-nazism.
Also, the Antics pushback against their violent elements should be easy to document, as I'm certain Aneris will shortly demonstrate. :fpig: The documentation of pushback against Sargon etc is easy to demonstrate, especially on the pit, but no, we're a cult because we agree with a few of his ideas and don't support labelling him a Nazi and shutting him up.

Once again, the left has 50 shades of grey and the right is all Trumpian orange.

Kinda sad, because in most respects I'm pretty left. I voted against Trump and I see him doing damage left and right. I support the environment, money for science, a safety net. I'm not against immigration per se, and I am certainly for equality of opportunity. But anymore if you disagree on a couple of issues, if you refuse to use the buzzwords, you're on the other side or at best an idiotic dupe. If you want to let somebody you don't agree with speak, you're for hate speech on one side and you hate your country on the other. Tribalism at its finest.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Read Antifa for antics. Stupid autocorrect.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I don't know if there is context that would make this something other than the usual crazy.

http://imgur.com/LXSPyBC.png

#dwpdx is a multi-disciplinary celebration of design. April 21-29, 2017.

Portland, Oregon • designweekportland.com

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone will actually be interested in any of this, but I think it demonstrates a few things about the limits of 'liberal diversity and tolerance' when it comes to people's sex lives.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I saw it a few days after it first went down, and then a few weeks later when the backlash had started.

I am more amused than shocked to discover the backlash (including the terrorist Coraline Ada) beaten down to the ground and those members dealt with.

Interesting reading the tweets accusing Garfield of bringing Drupal into slavery and collaborating with slavery since what this is all about is comments to an online consensual BDSM GOR community very much separate from Drupal and kept distant from Drupal until some SJW went a stalking and a doxing.

More and more I am one of those who just want to see it all burn, so the best possible outcome is from Drupal to get medieval on Garfield's ass and then eventually have this whole thing burn Drupal down. (With apologies to Garfield).
Oh please tell me more about Coraline Ada being beaten down. Its one of my fetishes.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Oh please tell me more about Coraline Ada being beaten down. Its one of my fetishes
Oh, nothing more than in the above tweets, where Ada, is first seen defending kink, and even updating her CoC to accept/exclude KinK, and then is made to back down and apologize for that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, I've been wondering of it's OK to punch Aneris. Or KirbNaz^X^X^XMarc?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Ape+lust wrote:I don't know if there is context that would make this something other than the usual crazy.

The most apt person to speak for black people is, of course, a white person.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Steersman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
<snip>

It's pretty clear that your accusation that people here see "the left" as violent bullies is yet another one of your smears. Most people here are still roughly on the left, or at least on the center-left of the spectrum, and even those who aren't have never said that "the left" is all made up of bullies. Indeed we recognize that a lot of people in the left, even the far left, have spoken against this kind of bullying, and rightly so. ....

Indeed, and LoL, respectively. Though I'm not entirely sure that Aneris' broad-brush strokes really qualify as a smear, although one might reasonably wonder whether she lumps me in with "the vocal majority". In any case, somewhat en passant, of maybe some relevance, ;-)
Steersman, "projection" is probably about a lie that Kirbmarc told. He alleges I was seeing everyone as a Nazi. Item #23457 that never happened. He came up with that, after he realized that the Reichsbürger was probably really a Neo Nazi (which they also denied, of course). This is not a random word, but an actual scene to which such people commonly belong. My point has been, when you give a stage to such people, you are promoting their agenda. Richard Dawkins holds similar views regarding to creationists.

Regards Antifa, the facts again disagree. Again.
search.php?keywords=Antifa

I wrote that not all Antifas are violent, and that I sympathize with the "against-facism" part, which earned me "pro-Antifa EU stooge" or the Antifa "apologist" reputation. People were more or less uniformly opposed to my view, and a litany of shit followed, including "Kirb and SD are within their rights to sic the Stasi on Aneris". Trolling, yes, but adds to the whole impression. Keep in mind that I argued against No Platforming for years. I was against the violence at Berkley, too, and under the Antifa flag, and also against punching, including of Richard Spencer. I also wrote that the Antifa has violent groups, but apparently such words are not strong enough. This is simply the impression I got away with now.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

DrokkIt wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I don't know if there is context that would make this something other than the usual crazy.

If there's anything more in her pockets than a train token to get home, she needs to explain why.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Guest_440911e7 wrote: Interesting reading the tweets accusing Garfield of bringing Drupal into slavery and collaborating with slavery since what this is all about is comments to an online consensual BDSM GOR community very much separate from Drupal and kept distant from Drupal until some SJW went a stalking and a doxing.
Somehow I think there might have been a slightly different SJW reaction if it was a woman who was expelled after begin doxxed and outed as kinky. I imagine in that case it would have been the doxxer who was declared guilty of harassment and abuse, not the people defending the doxxed. Of course a female domme would be 'flogging up' rather than 'flogging down', making it a completely different situation...

One of the accusations against Garfield is that he inflicted his kink on the Drupal community by bringing his programmer girlfriend along to some Drupal events. The fact that nobody knew about their consensual D/s relationship until after he was outed is a pretty good indication that he wasn't walking her around on a leash or anything.

There doesn't appear to be any evidence of them behaving sexually in public at all, not even a kiss, but just attending the conference together while in a wrongkink relationship counts as misconduct. Even some people you might expect to defend him, like members of the sex positive/sex worker crowd who've worked as pro-doms, have used that as a reason to throw him under the bus. Having said all that, the current spin is that his kink had nothing to do with him being expelled from his leadership role, and that actually it was down to him making sexist and racist comments. It looks like SJWs have dredged through a decade of his contributions and comments to find anything they can use to condemn him. They came up with two whole threads containing 'problematic' comments they can use to label him a dangerously misogynistic alt-right threat to women and minorities.

Firstly, 7 years ago, he committed the offence of suggesting that sex is linked to biology and that your sex/gender shouldn't really matter when it comes to coding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fosa6l4a66xlh ... .jpg?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kidjzwbh0o2f ... .jpg?raw=1

Then, a mere 3 years ago, there's his racist defence of using master/slave in computing terminology, which is also being used as an example of him bringing his kink into an inappropriate space.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mq9tvf45r25k ... .jpg?raw=1

That's it! That's what they're holding up as a perfectly valid reason to expel someone from a leadership role, even if it tears the community apart.

Even some of his defenders are saying stuff like 'those were less enlightened times in the Drupal community', making excuses that something 'offensive' said back then can't be judged by today's standards. I'm not sure I've seen anyone actually question whether the ideas he expressed should be considered unacceptable, which perhaps indicates how the influence of social justice dogma has grown in the community just in the last few years.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Better to deny a functional heart to a sick innocent than risk it going to a Trump voter.

http://imgur.com/KTLpqvT.png

Yep, that's the cold-blooded brat Peez keeps foisting on us as someone who matters.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

[img]

See, this is why trans is seen as a mental illness by so many. You can't come out with racist bullshit like this without coming off like a nutter.
Oh, and Ape: he's already got your gif remixes done for you:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:Better to deny a functional heart to a sick innocent than risk it going to a Trump voter.

Yep, that's the cold-blooded brat Peez keeps foisting on us as someone who matters.
"Science Advocate" wants to donate human heart to a dog.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

The Pit is being slow to upload comments, or just me (likely, I have had problems recently with Verizon)?

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

I don't know who came up with wrongkink, but it's brilliant.

Oh I do want one of these big projects (and more) to rip itself apart over this bullshit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Better to deny a functional heart to a sick innocent than risk it going to a Trump voter.

"Science Advocate" wants to donate human heart to a dog.
I misread it. My apologies to you, Becky, please continue your valuable work.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Aneris wrote:
He came up with that, after he realized that the Reichsbürger was probably really a Neo Nazi (which they also denied, of course).
It was my recollection not that they(?) denied that Reichsburger was a nazi, but that just because Sargon gave him a platform/ interviewed him that didn't make him an alt-right/nazi.*
Is Sargon alt right or nazi? He claims to be a liberal libertarian which is a bit of a tight rope act and to me he sounds more right wing with some mix of agreeing with liberal values. He claims that he concentrates on criticizing left wingers and not right wingers because he is motivated to give constructive criticism to his own side. Same argument that Chomsky and Greenwald use, and like them when he does it it sounds like bullshit to me.
* I may have missed something, if you have a quote that refutes I'm all ears.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Her liver is one organ they won't be lining up for.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:The Pit is being slow to upload comments, or just me (likely, I have had problems recently with Verizon)?
Not just you. It hangs when I post, too.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

DrokkIt wrote:

Maybe she's also transblack? Or maybe those poor trans black women are too scared to speak for themselves, brought down by the cis-white-patriarchy?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

:lol:

Do you know she's terrified of dying? It keeps her awake at night.

So, go ahead Rebecca. Snark yourself into night terrors. Being edgy is worth it.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

The Drupal bullshit shows how far the rot has set in.

It also demonstrates that the inquisition mentality is alive and well, and some of those people like that dreadful, pious cunt Jack Aponte ought to be ashamed of themselves.

People like Shanley Kane I couldn't give a shit about, because she's demonstrably mental, same with that little sociopath Coraline that runs all the Nuremberg Laws that codify this horseshit.

They're utterly dreadful, nasty people, showing their colours with glee.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Oh, and Ape: he's already got your gif remixes done for you:

Swell. Fever dream selfies. Must be a Lynch fan.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:I don't know who came up with wrongkink, but it's brilliant.
I'm pretty sure I invented that, so thank you for the compliment.

I'll just Google it to confirm my brilliance and originality...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5jjakt75xv6x ... .jpg?raw=1

Fuck.
So near and yet so far...
Guest_440911e7 wrote:Oh I do want one of these big projects (and more) to rip itself apart over this bullshit.
It'd be interesting to watch the destruction from a distance, but I'm not sure it would change anything. The damage would just be blamed on toxic gamer gater misogynists and used to justify more exclusions elsewhere.

They're already pushing the narrative that people defending Garfield are all outside entryist trolls trying to hurt Drupal, rather than people who care about one of their own being outed and expelled...

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Aneris wrote:
He came up with that, after he realized that the Reichsbürger was probably really a Neo Nazi (which they also denied, of course).
It was my recollection not that they(?) denied that Reichsburger was a nazi, but that just because Sargon gave him a platform/ interviewed him that didn't make him an alt-right/nazi.*
Is Sargon alt right or nazi? He claims to be a liberal libertarian which is a bit of a tight rope act and to me he sounds more right wing with some mix of agreeing with liberal values. He claims that he concentrates on criticizing left wingers and not right wingers because he is motivated to give constructive criticism to his own side. Same argument that Chomsky and Greenwald use, and like them when he does it it sounds like bullshit to me.
* I may have missed something, if you have a quote that refutes I'm all ears.
Yup. Mind the context (always). My views were fairly moderate about them, then. Well, that changed, because of research I did, and new evidence that materialized (e.g. campaigning for Le Pen).

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

This is one of my favourites. Essentially: "How dare you defend yourself."

I'm increasingly convinced SJW's are absolute cowards, and when they get a little pushback they absolutely shit the bed.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

In New Zealand, reality hitched a lift and wound up in the back of a Holden Kingswood SW, getting fucked over by a weight-lifting man in a dress.

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/ ... 20x310.jpg
Her performances left the audience at AUT Millennium in awe, but also, fair to say, with a degree of unease. While Hubbard had plenty of fans in the crowd, she also had more than a few doubters.

She weighed in at 132kg and towered above her opposition, entering both disciplines long after her nearest rival had completed her lifts. Contesting a lighter division, German Kathleen Schoppe lagged 41kg behind in the snatch and 34kg in the clean and jerk.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11847676

KenD

Post by KenD »

Sulman wrote:People like Shanley Kane I couldn't give a shit about, because she's demonstrably mental, same with that little sociopath Coraline that runs all the Nuremberg Laws that codify this horseshit.

They're utterly dreadful, nasty people, showing their colours with glee.
Agreed. It's beyond me how other (seemingly more reasonable) people in the community can't see it.

They'll denounce someone for the most trivial 'microaggressions', and accuse other people of being entryists pushing an agenda, but treat ranting loonies like Shanley as an important voice within tech. People publicly change their views (or at least delete their comments) just to appease Shanley and her cronies.

It was interesting to see just how completely Coraline changed her stance when Queen-Bee Shanley and friends gave her a quick bitchslap, but she wasn't the only one who quickly changed sides in this drama. Most people in the Drupal community (on Twitter at least) ultimately appear to have sided with the SJWs.

While I don't always agree with him, it was nice to see that Eric S. Raymond is still taking a stand against this kind of bullshit:
I give few fucks about the opinion of people like Coraline, but look at the thread linked to those tweets, or similar ones I've copy/pasted above, and you'll see Drupal/OSS guys falling over themselves for an opportunity to virtue signal. These are the people setting the standard of what's acceptable in the community. etc. etc.

I really was pretty selective with the vomit of tweets I dumped in my first comment, and I wasn't joking or exaggerating (much) when I said I could find another 9000. In contrast there were around 100 people who signed the open letter against Garfield's expulsion (mostly anonymously) and maybe a dozen or so who stood up for him on Twitter. That's the thing I find depressing.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:The Pit is being slow to upload comments, or just me (likely, I have had problems recently with Verizon)?
Not just you. It hangs when I post, too.
Not for me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HunnyBunny wrote:In New Zealand, reality hitched a lift and wound up in the back of a Holden Kingswood SW, getting fucked over by a weight-lifting man in a dress.

Her performances left the audience at AUT Millennium in awe, but also, fair to say, with a degree of unease. While Hubbard had plenty of fans in the crowd, she also had more than a few doubters.

She weighed in at 132kg and towered above her opposition, entering both disciplines long after her nearest rival had completed her lifts. Contesting a lighter division, German Kathleen Schoppe lagged 41kg behind in the snatch and 34kg in the clean and jerk.

There's got to be a joke there, if I can only think of it...

dogen

Post by dogen »

HunnyBunny wrote:In New Zealand, reality hitched a lift and wound up in the back of a Holden Kingswood SW, getting fucked over by a weight-lifting man in a dress.

I don't want to click on the link, because I have no desire to see Hubbard's snatch.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Sulman wrote: This is one of my favourites. Essentially: "How dare you defend yourself."

I'm increasingly convinced SJW's are absolute cowards, and when they get a little pushback they absolutely shit the bed.
Anything to make him out to be the villain of the piece. Never mind that this whole thing started because some asshole dug into his private life and doxxed him. What do they really expect from him?

"I'm so sorry for having a sex life that you find problematic. Defending myself against your bullying was simply inexcusable, but please, please find it in your hearts to forgive me my trespasses against social justice!"

Of course it wouldn't be enough to appease them anyway.