Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by shoutinghorse »

Really? wrote:
Isn't it amazing how many feminists end up fitting the stereotypes they claim to be smashing? Rebecca knows dick about video production and video games. So she had a boyfriend who spent a ton of his life learning video production do her videos and she makes part of her living playing video games badly and harassing other players.

She also spent sooooo long ingratiating herself into his social/colleague circle too, I know she already knew Savage but I'm not sure if Norm Chan & his wife were her friends or more Isaak's. I'm sure it was his association with Tested that got her a few invites onto the show, something I very much doubt she'll get again, and quite possibly what got her a Bridesmaid gig at the Chan's wedding last year. No evidence yet as to how far she's pushed her way into Apple Boy's social calendar.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers joins Bill Nye in giving up even pretending to be a scientist.

https://preview.ibb.co/j3jQWQ/Screen_Sh ... _00_PM.png

Men don't give birth....."generally". What a tosser. Perhaps the ghost of Cainaji stood over his shoulder as he wrote that sentence, suggesting it might be better for him if he included that qualifier.

But then old Meyers sneaked that "hissy fit" into the next sentence. What a rebel!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite
28 April 2017 at 7:47 pm
@blockhead
“Freethought” is a philosophical movement and does not literally mean that all thought is free.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Barmy update from the first Carrier Bowling Invitational. Lightly panting?

http://imgur.com/P2hvjdh.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brony, Social Justice Cenobite
28 April 2017 at 7:47 pm
@blockhead
“Freethought” is a philosophical movement and does not literally mean that all thought is free.
Freedom is slavery.

Fat is healthy.

Penises are vaginas.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Really? wrote:
As Jesse Singal, target of GamerGate harassment says, Salon shouldn't have withdrawn its support of a man who really, really wants to fuck eight-year-old girls and his subsequent criticism of people who didn't appreciate his sexual orientation.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/02/sa ... ticle.html
Ah, yes. As I keep saying. SJWs and [redacted] go together like peas in a pod. BTW, just seen an image of Jesse. Yes, this all makes sense, as Ian Brodie said.

:shhh:
I've never heard of this Singal weirdo. He's an actual paid journalist?

http://imgur.com/Pa04Tuk.png

Be careful out there. What does that even mean? You'll be mugged and left cultureless?

And this skeeziness makes me wonder how he gets to roam without supervision:

http://imgur.com/SOlxsF8.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:Matt/Coulter love child, soon to be Fox News anchor.

http://875357559f655c0fd9842374.eventin ... b92e_b.jpg
I always knew I'd throw a sorrel.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Don't give us that old chestnut.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ape+lust wrote:Barmy update from the first Carrier Bowling Invitational. Lightly panting?

Nice work Ape.

Eight year olds, dude. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

HunnyBunny wrote:I have no idea what the Aneris / Nazi drama is - any chance of a TL:DR? Yes, I realise I could go back and read the last 50(?) pages for enlightenment. I've been busy & I was always a Cliff Notes kind of gal.
TL;DR: Don't believe anything Kirbmarc claims about me, and the "let me translate what Aneris means" rubbish should rise suspicion, when every second post by me is pointing out that I neither believe what he claims I do, nor meant it if he understood it that way. This is a product of his strawmanning, which is because over the course of discussion, he actually moved closer to my point of view, but to justify this bizarre discussion, he had to artificially increase the distance by strawmanning what I allegedly believe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Longer Version: I also apologized when in the heat of battle I expressed myself badly and was understood differently than what I meant (I don't believe I did, but if this is the case, it should be no reason to get hung up on it). He acknowledged this, and we seemed to move on, but he kept going back whenever Sargon, Dave "Computing Forever", or Lauren Southern had a sudden diarrhoea over his PR plan and apologia (some of that very recent, so he could accept this new information and alter his position gracefully, but doesn't).

Instead, he does his strawman thing: If he approaches my point of view (e.g. accepting the Reichsbürger was a Neo Nazi, Sargon really is right wing etc), but wants to maintain the illusion of being correct all along, he strawmans what I was allegedly saying.

By now it hinges on what "Alt" before Alt Right means. He actually gotten around that far. By now, it looks reasonable to put Sargon, Dave "Computing Forever", or Lauren Southern into the Alt Right camp (campaigning for Le Pen, sharing Daily Stormer, Pettibone/Cernovich connections etc). Hence, Kirbmarc needs to go meta-topic and reaches for something out of the 235 pages, which is also part Gish Gallop, since there's context and the discussion went from there already (including clarifications he long accepted, which tells you what kind of character he is). And hence, here we go again! Hence, the Nazi thing. To ratinoal people, this must look utterly mad. You cannot force other people to believe something when they themselves insist that they don't believe this, and more than once. But of course, Kirby's has invested deeply into that now, and so he presses on.

The context of the Neo Nazi was a guest on a shared stream, who was presented by Sargon/Cullen/Kraut as a mere "shitposter". I called rubbish on that, which started this all. Service Dog denied this, and then Kirby denied it, but of course, the facts flew into their face in these instances, too. Service Dog then moved to troll, and made clear again that he hates me all along, and I put him on ignore. Hence, Kirby took over, strawed up again, and invented entire narratives what this stream was allegedly about, and what I allegedly believe. And so on.

By now, Sargon also admitted that he follows the Alt Right meme strategy (as described by political commentators all along), which Sargon puts to use for Le Pen. That should also set the Kekistan thing into perspective. For example. It's not an unreasonable position, at least.

In sum, as often, it's not worth anything when the discussion is such toxic and baboonish that it poisons the well anyway, not matter what. I resigned from mod status, to allow people to ignore me (the closest thing to banhammering me, theWrongthinker), and I myself put Kirbmarc on ignore, to take the heat out of the situation, but of course saw that it does nothing.

What do people expect? After years of crying wolf, people will some day ignore a real wolf. Sargon might endorse the AFD in the German election, or -- again -- this is a reasonable assumption by now. This would then close the circle a second time (cf. Reichsbürger who are in that general corner).

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oglebart wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Barmy update from the first Carrier Bowling Invitational. Lightly panting?

Nice work Ape.

We're only two months away from the two-year anniversary of Carrier's magnum opus. I can't be the only one who re-reads all of that stuff when I'm feeling low. And let us never forget that he said it on Ophelia Benson's blog.
So many women reeeally love doing those things (especially all kinds of dick play), I find it amusing men like who you were arguing with are so sexually inexperienced they’ve never met these women. Even though such women are, in my experience, pretty common.
It might be TMI, so don’t read on if you don’t want to hear sex stuff about me, but I’ll say this because I think it’s important to your point: I’m a semen fetishist, so I enjoy all kinds of semen play with women, including facials, which I find quite sexy, provided she is into it. And in point of fact, many of my girlfriends are not (though some are), and I never expect them to be. So my example above is reversed in this case: they know what I like and why, but also that I’d never ask them to do it, much less pressure them to. And that doesn’t leave me disappointed, either, because what we are into together is perfectly exciting.
It’s perhaps easier being poly, since just as I know my girlfriends who like violent sex have partners they can explore that with so they aren’t being deprived as if they had only me, so also my girlfriends not into semen play know I have partners I can explore that with, so they aren’t under even implied pressure to do everything I like.
But the main reason I mention all that is that I had a conversation once with one of my partners about this that went kind of like this: “I am not into humiliation, giving or receiving, it’s a huge turnoff for me” (though I know it’s a turn on for some); “but you love coming on my face!”; “but it doesn’t humiliate you, it excites you; if it humiliated you I wouldn’t find it sexy at all, and I certainly would be doing it!”; “oh, yeah, that’s true!”
This destroys the notion that it’s intrinsically humiliating. If it drives her wild, she’s not humiliated, and therefore it’s not humiliating. Even if she’s indifferent to it, it’s not humiliating. Because indifference entails the absence of humiliation (exuberant enjoyment would be the diametric opposite, and fact is, that’s what some women feel about semen play). It doesn’t turn me on but it also doesn’t humiliate me if in the course of events another man’s semen gets on my face. It’s totally fine. I’m not going to freak out or worry I might catch The Gay.
The partner I had that conversation with also identifies as submissive, BTW. But people who talk like that guy you mention I don’t think understand what that term means in this context; it doesn’t mean subservient; it means liking occasionally to enjoy playing subservient, which isn’t subservience but autonomy—one of the reasons his statement about blow jobs is just so silly. I’m wondering now if he refuses to go down on his girlfriends because that’s submissive and thus unmanly, or if he’d acknowledge it’s just fun to please your partner no matter what organ of the body you are using for the task (I also wonder how he’d classify my masturbaring a girlfriend with my toe while she blows me; that must make a mess of his whole classification scheme!).
I should also mention that I’m a sub. I can play switch and be mildly dom. And I can use mild force and polite commands routinely. But I especially enjoy doing my partner’s will. That doesn’t make me unmanly or subservient. It’s just fun. I’m in control of myself and what happens; I can say no, stop, leave if I want; break up with someone if they refuse to respect my boundaries; and switch for them on occasion when they want.
This whole idea that oral and facials are subservient and humiliating seems intrinsically sexist: because it assumes only women do (or “suffer”) those things. Even apart from the fact that gay people exist; and women who like it aren’t suffering. Because I’m comfortable playing with those things, too, for my partner’s enjoyment. And as long as someone isn’t doing those things to me to humiliate me, but only because I think it would be sexy, it isn’t humiliating; and as long as I’m choosing to do it because it’s fun, it isn’t “subservient.”
http://archive.is/mpa1r

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So I was wondering about why some of the antifa members in Berkley were running around with plastic garbage bags over their shields.

Now I know.

http://i.magaimg.net/img/g0f.jpg

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

img

Be careful out there. What does that even mean? You'll be mugged and left cultureless?
Oh yeah, that's Jesse Virtue Singal.
KiA came up with that and it's spot on.
google com/search?q=%22virtue+singal%22+site:reddit.com

Singal is an ass, but I suspect that first image was a joke.

He is fairly young, and a "reasonable person" so of course he started writing and accepting everything that SocJus had to say, and excoriating all the misogyny of GamerGate. And then he did the usual tricks of blocking people, and responding only to those higher on the Twitter social ladder than he, and used his very nice "Science of Things" position at NYMag to pontificate about all sorts of shit out of his depth.

And he's no scientist, he's just yet another liberal arts major turned science communicator, for example, ready to tell everyone how horrible evo psych is (this is a true story btw) based not on recent research, but literally what some low level prof of wrote ten years earlier.

Now he is one of the twitterati and communicates with the Popehats (and the Cathy Youngs (sigh) etc. Because hell, he is just so reasonable.

He's faced a few socjus attacks because of an article he wrote suggesting, iirc, that transitioning may not be for everyone.

Having been burned once, twice, three times, he is now slightly wary of SocJus, but he understands SocJus is good, just slightly batty with a few weirdos while the extremists are the gaters and skeptics, and don't merely listen and believe crowd. As I said, he is a reasonable man, so that first image is his most bitter salient pungeant and a virtue singal on the extremists of SocJus, and the second is his virtue singal on Milo.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

HunnyBunny wrote: I have no idea what the Aneris / Nazi drama is - any chance of a TL:DR? Yes, I realize I could go back and read the last 50(?) pages for enlightenment. I've been busy & I was always a Cliff Notes kind of gal.
It's not really about 'nazis'. That's a red herring, conjured by Aneris. It's about an exploitable bug in Aneris' programming which I intentionally triggered, to call attention to it.

On March 18-19, katamari Damassi posted 'correct me if I'm wrong, but...' questioning whether the disproportionate number of blacks killed by Florida police-- was actually evidence of police racism (it might simply be evidence of disproportionate criminality among blacks).

I found katamari's thesis plausible, but was self-aware of my cognitive dissonance: when I substitute 'black' with 'male', I suddenly am open to the notion that the disproportionate number of males killed by police isn't simply due to 'males commit more crimes', but also due-to a higher police willingness to commit violence against male suspects. <--Anti-male prejudice.

So I posted a reply to katamari, describing me being Conflicted in my two-- incompatible-- beliefs. Aneris seized on my reply as evidence that I'm a brainwashed member of the Cult of MRA, who unquestioningly accepts MRA propaganda, shutting-out counter-evidence. Which is absurd: my entire point was that I am -not- firmly convinced of the bleeding-heart-mra narrative/ nor the rightwing anti-blacklivesmatter narrative. My reply explicitly echoed katamari's 'correct me if I'm wrong' openness to criticism. Aneris refused to engage constructively with the logic of my post, instead attacking my character, dismissing me with group labels.

Two weeks later, circa April 2, I was listening to a livestream chat between Sargon & his cohorts-- they mentioned troubling developments in Germany. German bureaucrats sought to impose 50 Million Euro fines on social media platforms which failed to removed user-reported 'hate speech' content within 24 hours. Platforms would have to file comprehensive surveillance reports to the goverment, quarterly, reporting all such hatespeech. Also, german bureaucrats had deemed an internet livestream to be a 'radio station' for purposes of demanding a costly broadcasting license & to-impose broadcast content censorship standards.

I linked the germany news to the Pit. I was INTENTIONALLY yanking Aneris' chain, to provoke a predictable response. I predicted Aneris would come running, to defend the pristine honor of Germany & attempt to discredit the messengers bearing the unwanted news. My experiment was a resounding success. Aneris replied:
Never heard of it, and didn't find anything on such measures. I'm not claiming it isn't true, but unless there is a solid source, I'm not buying it. Especially, since these people have made themselves a name as conspiracy loons and fake news peddlers with minimal fact checking, if they like the conclusion (as always).
In the VERY NEXT post, I showed my hand, linking-back to the katamari/police-killing-blacks discussion.

My next post after that was a list of mainstream news sources agreeing with the claims about Germany.
viewtopic.php?p=415612#p415612

Aneris's crying-wolf about "conspiracy loons" and "fake news peddlers" with "minimal fact-checking if they like the conclusion" "as always" --should have ended then & there.

But Aneris was singlemindedly devoted to doubling-down on the bug in her programming. At first, I kept the beating the dead horse, because I wasn't sure other pitters saw my side of the argument. But when public opinion was at-least-somewhat in my favor I was done. Even pitters who were sympathetic to my perspective would surely resent me, if I contributed to dragging-out a boring conversation.

Aneris wasn't done. Aneris spent the month of April declaring me a neo-nazi, Kirbmarc a naive dupe of nazis for taking my side, and any-other pitter who didn't march in lockstep with Aneris-- was another sleeper-cell head of the Alt-Right Hydra.

I returned to the fray, no longer concerned about beating the corpse of a dead Boringfoot. Aneris had become a :text-lol: :animals-cow:, and I was back to milk it, squirting lolmilk into the open babybird mouths of pitters worldwide.

The only nutritional value of the lolmilk is that it's a perfect microcosm of how Hillary snatched defeat from the jaws of victory & why Brexit happened. Messengers like Sargon are deemed 'alt-right' for telling the truth about how the Left blew it. I am grateful to Aneris for volunteering herself to to the SJW genome project, so we can see the inner workings of a pro-Antifa EU stooge in such detail.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Berkeley needs to take that step in leading society, and turn People's Park into a free melee zone. (Free as in fists, not as in beer.)

Make people pay to enter the zone and naturally give up their licensing rights.
Searches, so well understood rules on weapons. Sticks, but no blades over 3". No guns more than 22 caliber. Condoms must be used, because hey, we are still civilized.

Have medics **on the outside**.

Have times when the zone is teeveed to the masses and times when it is not.

Best ideology wins.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: [snip...]
The only nutritional value of the lolmilk is that it's a perfect microcosm of how Hillary snatched defeat from the jaws of victory & why Brexit happened. Messengers like Sargon are deemed 'alt-right' for telling the truth about how the Left blew it. I am grateful to Aneris for volunteering herself to to the SJW genome project, so we can see the inner workings of a pro-Antifa EU stooge in such detail.
I think you're being deliberately obtuse. Here are some peer-reviewed resources to help you understand what life is like in Trump's America.

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Nazis_Chart.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SjQclIQ.jpg
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 09/a8d.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crl4e8PWIAAPJii.jpg

I hope these help.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

deLurch wrote:So I was wondering about why some of the antifa members in Berkley were running around with plastic garbage bags over their shields.

Now I know.

Impressive.

https://i.imgur.com/x9yVD72.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:
deLurch wrote:So I was wondering about why some of the antifa members in Berkley were running around with plastic garbage bags over their shields.

Now I know.

Impressive.

Aneris wrote: I have some sympathy for Antifas, as the core idea is anti-fascism. Other than that, they are not really one unified thing, even though cooperation is common. They are very diverse and viewpoints reach from Pro-Israel, Pro-American to anti-imperialist Pro-Palestine -- plus virtually every flavour in Left Wing politics, from Environmentalism to Feminism. While the violent protests by Autonoms often get the attention, there is also a strong tradition of pacificism. There are Straight Edgers and whatnot. No, they are not bullies.
viewtopic.php?p=410223#p410223

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Oh my god. It took me a week, but I figured out what bothered me so much about 'Bill Nye Saves the World' episode on GMOs.

I mean the episode was dumb, no educational value whatsoever, but at the beginning Nye does this bit where he extracts DNA from strawberries. He doesnt explain anything. Theres no science to it. Its dumb. But I was like 'Why strawberries?'

http://madartlab.com/science-paper-art- ... ls-galore/

Instead of consulting any of the many very active plant geneticists/scicommers online, Phil Plait wrote a science bit for Nyes show based on something he saw at SkepchicCON 2015.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck hiiiiiiiiiim.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
Aneris wrote:

Now I know.

Impressive.

Aneris wrote: I have some sympathy for Antifas, as the core idea is anti-fascism. Other than that, they are not really one unified thing, even though cooperation is common. They are very diverse and viewpoints reach from Pro-Israel, Pro-American to anti-imperialist Pro-Palestine -- plus virtually every flavour in Left Wing politics, from Environmentalism to Feminism. While the violent protests by Autonoms often get the attention, there is also a strong tradition of pacificism. There are Straight Edgers and whatnot. No, they are not bullies.
viewtopic.php?p=410223#p410223
Not bullies:

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
Zeppelin, perhaps the issue is when does the harm rise to the level of being actionable. If I walk up to a woman on the street who is a complete stranger and say to her, “Excuse me, but you’re fat and ugly and that dress looks like a pup tent,” I have caused her harm by hurting her feelings
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk-
29 April 2017 at 3:23 pm
Funny thing, in a lot of countries insulting people is also not ok, especially in the workplace. If somebody said that to me I would be perfectly entitled to report that person to the police.
Well if someone called me a nazi or a rape apologist or said they hate white cis men I'd call the police too. :cry:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I almost feel like I've had a labotomy from over exposure and that the cringe portion of my brain has burned out.

If Bill Nye / Phil Plait want to air cartoons and stage dance numbers - with the presumably well meant (though it could be snarky knowing these people) message of tolerance - well, whatever, so what. Although, I think people on the right will view this as a new salvo in the culture war assault on their values.

But they really need to be honest with people - they are no longer acting as scientists, or even science communicators - they have other larger cultural and political goals in mind.

And yes there is a parallel with Dawkins acting as an 'evangelising' atheist - but there I think Dawkins was honest with what he was trying to accomplish.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
Zeppelin, perhaps the issue is when does the harm rise to the level of being actionable. If I walk up to a woman on the street who is a complete stranger and say to her, “Excuse me, but you’re fat and ugly and that dress looks like a pup tent,” I have caused her harm by hurting her feelings
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk-
29 April 2017 at 3:23 pm
Funny thing, in a lot of countries insulting people is also not ok, especially in the workplace. If somebody said that to me I would be perfectly entitled to report that person to the police.
Well if someone called me a nazi or a rape apologist or said they hate white cis men I'd call the police too. :cry:
Gilliel will probably be horrified to know that many EU contries, like Italy, are decriminalizing insults in recent years.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What do you expect from a bunch of spagetti eating Eye-Ties.

free thoughtpolice

Gilliel will probably be horrified to know that many EU contries, like Italy, are decriminalizing insults in recent years.
What? You mean calling someone fat and ugly in Germany is against the law?

free thoughtpolice

Holy shit. I just looked it up and it is illegal to insult someone in Germany.
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la- ... story.html

Not only that, but Kirb and SD are within their rights to sic the Stasi on Aneris.
The law extends to insults made online as well. “If someone makes comments on the Internet that violate the law, German authorities have the right to obtain data from the providers about the person who made the comments in order to go after the perpetrator,” said Gulden.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

There are laws to protect people's honor in many European penal codes. They're rarely enforced, though. Giliell would have to prove that the insult was real, that it happened in public and harmed her honor/reputation. Most judges would dismiss her complaint, which would probably lead to her whining about the Patriarchy.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Dan Arel told Matt Dillahunty he's a Nazi apologist :lol:

http://imgur.com/dN6ldWl.jpg

Some people just can't stop seeing nazis everywhere.
No fan of Dillahunty am I, but even he doesn't deserve bullshit like this. I really hope this clues some SJWs in that Arel is unhinged. Failing that I hope the stupid bastard keeps aiming his Nazi accusations higher up the SJW totem pole until someone knocks him off it.
All Arel has to say is that while Matt may not have said it, other people had, so that makes it ok to call him a Nazi-apologist. I believe that's the "logic" Daillahunty used in the past.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:

img

Oh yeah, that's Jesse Virtue Singal.
KiA came up with that and it's spot on.
google com/search?q=%22virtue+singal%22+site:reddit.com

Singal is an ass, but I suspect that first image was a joke.

He is fairly young, and a "reasonable person" so of course he started writing and accepting everything that SocJus had to say, and excoriating all the misogyny of GamerGate. And then he did the usual tricks of blocking people, and responding only to those higher on the Twitter social ladder than he, and used his very nice "Science of Things" position at NYMag to pontificate about all sorts of shit out of his depth.

And he's no scientist, he's just yet another liberal arts major turned science communicator, for example, ready to tell everyone how horrible evo psych is (this is a true story btw) based not on recent research, but literally what some low level prof of wrote ten years earlier.

Now he is one of the twitterati and communicates with the Popehats (and the Cathy Youngs (sigh) etc. Because hell, he is just so reasonable.

He's faced a few socjus attacks because of an article he wrote suggesting, iirc, that transitioning may not be for everyone.

Having been burned once, twice, three times, he is now slightly wary of SocJus, but he understands SocJus is good, just slightly batty with a few weirdos while the extremists are the gaters and skeptics, and don't merely listen and believe crowd. As I said, he is a reasonable man, so that first image is his most bitter salient pungeant and a virtue singal on the extremists of SocJus, and the second is his virtue singal on Milo.
Ah, a Reasonable Man. A reasonable man with Honest Differences.

Thanks much for the background! I might have to keep track of Singal. I love watching bewildered Wil Wheaton getting beat down by justice warriors and I expect this guy has plenty of that ahead of him :D

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Berkeley needs to take that step in leading society, and turn People's Park into a free melee zone. (Free as in fists, not as in beer.)

Make people pay to enter the zone and naturally give up their licensing rights.
Searches, so well understood rules on weapons. Sticks, but no blades over 3". No guns more than 22 caliber. Condoms must be used, because hey, we are still civilized.

Have medics **on the outside**.

Have times when the zone is teeveed to the masses and times when it is not.

Best ideology wins.
I like it!
Flickerman.gif
(819.94 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oglebart wrote:

Nice work Ape.

HAHA, thanks Oglebart!

It's been a long time, I'd forgotten about Jesus' skeevy history. That's just... wonderful :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That's just gross, Dick.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think I've been online too long.

I'm starting to conflate Camille Paglia and Jordan Peterson.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ERV wrote:Oh my god. It took me a week, but I figured out what bothered me so much about 'Bill Nye Saves the World' episode on GMOs.

I mean the episode was dumb, no educational value whatsoever, but at the beginning Nye does this bit where he extracts DNA from strawberries. He doesnt explain anything. Theres no science to it. Its dumb. But I was like 'Why strawberries?'

Instead of consulting any of the many very active plant geneticists/scicommers online, Phil Plait wrote a science bit for Nyes show based on something he saw at SkepchicCON 2015.

Haha, that goob just can't get past the days when he was the Rooster in the Skepchick henhouse. If he got caught in a Groundhog Day loop during the TAM Bordello Party, he (and Peez) would die a happy man.

Who else but Phil would do this:

http://imgur.com/LzzbQTm.png

and expect anyone to believe it? :lol: :shock:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
ERV wrote:Oh my god. It took me a week, but I figured out what bothered me so much about 'Bill Nye Saves the World' episode on GMOs.

Haha, that goob just can't get past the days when he was the Rooster in the Skepchick henhouse. If he got caught in a Groundhog Day loop during the TAM Bordello Party, he (and Peez) would die a happy man.

Who else but Phil would do this:

http://imgur.com/LzzbQTm.png

and expect anyone to believe it? :lol: :shock:
My pleasure, m'lady:
M'lady, I will end focus testing for you.
I want you to assimilate me.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Another random bit of extemporizing based on something I saw discussed recently: So I came across some atheists debating amongst themselves the topic of govt. funds being used to preserve religious landmarks. Cathedrals and the like. I always like when there's some disagreement on these issues. My own feeling is that it's perfectly fair to argue against subsidizing an organization as wealthy as the Catholic Church when they ought to be ponying up for the upkeep of their own property, but it gets murkier when discussing buildings that aren't active places of worship. I'm sensing another conflict in the liberal mindset between the part that is supportive of the arts, of culture, of history, and the bit that doesn't want to even indirectly prop up theism. I note this is similar to the conservative resistance to arts funding in general, which I also find funny when many of the same conservatives then turn around to bitch about Western culture being diminished or replaced by that of foreigners. But surely simple economics tells us that if there's a high demand for something and not enough domestic supply being produced, people will import it instead. Culture is no different.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Well add the OK hand sign to the list of things that are now signs of white supremism.

http://archive.is/l5Vp0

Let's see. Milk, Pepe, "OK."

What other normal things have been lumped in with this insanity?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Holy shit. I just looked it up and it is illegal to insult someone in Germany.

Not only that, but Kirb and SD are within their rights to sic the Stasi on Aneris.
The law extends to insults made online as well. “If someone makes comments on the Internet that violate the law, German authorities have the right to obtain data from the providers about the person who made the comments in order to go after the perpetrator,” said Gulden.
I'd say go for it - I mean, insisting that someone is "laying the pipes for Nazis" has to be little short of claiming that a person's mother wears army boots ... ;-) Or, more to the point, of insisting that their Prophet (piss be upon him) was a psychotic kiddy-diddler, and delusional opportunist. But as a bit of evidence to support at least Kirb's point of view, an earlier, somewhat sardonic or sarcastic comment of his on a Sargon video:
Kirbmarc wrote:A Sargon video on gay concentration camps in Chechnya:

[.youtube][/youtube]

Note the ending, where Sargon says that he's not for mass immigration but he's in favor of immigration restrictions based on ideas and values, not ethnicity, so LGBT muslims (or one can imagine, Christians or Yazidis) running away from an oppressive muslim country should get a priority over average muslim people who might instead be likely to support a muslim caliphate.

Sargon is such a nazi. Laying the pipes for Hitler, by allowing LGBT muslims in European countries and being concerned with the rise of agitation for theocratic rule.

I'm pretty sure no one here will dismiss this piece of evidence.
But I have to admit to kind of losing the thread in the "discussions" between Team Kirbmarc/Service-Dog and Team Aneris, although that is maybe not surprising as all of the players seem to have done likewise, at least periodically.

Not entirely sure that this is entirely applicable, at least to all aspects of the discussion or arguments, but I kind of get the impression that all parties, and many on the sidelines too, don't realize the near universal applicability of the aphorism about politics and strange bedfellows, and of the principle of the lesser of two evils. Seems rather clear - particularly during this apparent time of choosing up sides, of the sundering of the fellowship, of the mitosis of the body politic (so to speak) - that political movements tend to shelter a rather wide diversity of opinions and objectives under their umbrellas that might normally be mutually anathematized under more optimal conditions. But doesn't seem particularly wise or fair or helpful to condemn every one under one tent simply because of the "problematic" positions of some others sharing it. Somewhat apropos of which:

A linked tweet in the one of Fatah's that gives a bit more detail:

So, what do you say, Aneris? Is Macron "laying the pipes" for stoning women, for an Islamic Caliphate simply because Hani Ramadan is supporting him? Although I have to concede that, as I don't speak either French or German, I don't know to what extent Macron is accepting that support. In any case, sufficient cause to be just a bit skeptical about Macron's program and vision.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Tigzy wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote:I think listening to Ann Coulter is a pretty worth while exercise right now. She is one of the only people I can name that predicted Trump would win as soon as he said he was going to run. She is quite the loon most of the time, but I wonder what her story is regarding this prediction which was universally slammed at the time.
I still can't get over that I made out with Ann Coulter on a camping trip as a teenager. May explain my love of horses later in life.
Whoa - what??

Seriously??
There is video...

https://gifyu.com/images/ezgif.com-vide ... f1d9f6.gif

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Holy shit. I just looked it up and it is illegal to insult someone in Germany.

I'd never do that. It conflicts with the entirety of my system of beliefs. Indeed I'd fight for the right of Aneris to be able to call me a naive dupe working for nazis, even though I think that anyone can see that there's no evidence for that, even Aneris since she's retracted the label (albeit begrudgingly, with a texbook notpology).

Anyway the German laws are from the 19th century and the First Reich. It's about time that Germans stopped to be obsessed by "harmful speech".

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Don't know if you Pitters have already covered this funny story....

..but I'll mention it just in case.

Oxford University has caught the SJW virus and recently issued a cringe-inducing request that people try and make eye contact, because apparently peer-reviewed studies show not doing so is waycist, or something.

They then had to apologise because this "diversity" and "microaggression" advice is a microaggresion against autistic people and shy boys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-39742670

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, this is Oxford fucking University. The Western world is fucked.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:

I'd say go for it - I mean, insisting that someone is "laying the pipes for Nazis" has to be little short of claiming that a person's mother wears army boots ... ;-) Or, more to the point, of insisting that their Prophet (piss be upon him) was a psychotic kiddy-diddler, and delusional opportunist.
Except that in the case of Mohammed the pedo warlord it's not a smear, it's the truth.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Aneris wrote:No, they are not bullies.
http://gourley.podbean.com/mf/web/k9bqyi/retard.gif

Well played, Chemical Aneris, very well played indeed.

free thoughtpolice

Guest_440911e7 wrote:
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-an ... with-islam

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:
I wonder why someone who's laying the pipes for the nazis would want to paint nazis in a negative way...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote:
I wonder why someone who's laying the pipes for the nazis would want to paint nazis in a negative way...
He's not, though. Unless you think the association of Nazis and Muslims is supposed to make the Nazis look worse.

What he's doing is trading on the already massive unpopularity of Nazis and trying to help it to rub off on radical Islamists. Which I think this is a perfectly fair thing to do to a left that is looking for Nazis everywhere but doesn't see it reflected in another genocidal, anti-Semitic supremacist movement.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Bhurzum!

How have you been?
I've been better.

My back/neck is well and truly knackered, I've got two open wounds (packed with foul-smelling "aqua-gel" dressings) from my high-speed interaction with a tree stump and my right side (ribcage) is festooned with cornflake sized scabs that are an utter joy to pick and scratch. My leg, as fucked as it was, is almost 100% again although I've now got a "knuckle" slap-bang in the middle of my kneecap which pops and cracks at an alarming volume.

Still, at least my dick is ok and I don't appear to be any more brain damaged than I already was :D

On the downside, I've been told that I may have done some permanent damage to my back and that I'll have to curtail my outdoors activities accordingly. No more free-roping, climbing, hiking or anything that puts a strain on my back. But, as we used to say in my old Squadron, I thrive on adversity and I'll be fucked if some pencil-pusher is going to dictate to me.

I'm thinking of giving MMA a go ;)

(marijuana, meditation and antidepressants)
Fuuuck! Sorry to hear it - that looks seriously racked up, and sounds far more serious than I had assumed. Not something that's likely to be readily or easily overcome with just a pep-talk of sorts.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote:
If anyone wants to read a good Nazi book (Aneris?) may I recommend 'Loyalty is my Honour' .. Published about 20 years ago so I doubt its still in print but If you can get a copy on e-bay its well worth a read.

http://i.imgur.com/dpVUom0.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:My pleasure, m'lady:
M'lady, I will end focus testing for you.
I want you to assimilate me.
It's going to be a hoot when a charge of sexual impropriety is finally lobbed at him.

There should be a named law, like Godwin's or Mykeru's, for the observation that the longer you play the social justice game, the closer the probability approaches one that you'll be accused of sex crime. Especially when you're an idiot who embarrasses your kids by acting like a kissyface 14-year-old with the women around you.

http://imgur.com/Er3k3YC.jpg

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote:Fuuuck! Sorry to hear it - that looks seriously racked up, and sounds far more serious than I had assumed. Not something that's likely to be readily or easily overcome with just a pep-talk of sorts.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/invincible.gif

Yup :P

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:He's not, though. Unless you think the association of Nazis and Muslims is supposed to make the Nazis look worse.
That's not what I meant. I meant that if Sargon really wanted to make Nazism appealing he wouldn't treat it like a bad thing and wouldn't use it as a yardstick to call other things bad. Staunch communist don't compare things they want to make look bad to Lenin or Chavez.
What he's doing is trading on the already massive unpopularity of Nazis and trying to help it to rub off on radical Islamists. Which I think this is a perfectly fair thing to do to a left that is looking for Nazis everywhere but doesn't see it reflected in another genocidal, anti-Semitic supremacist movement.
Of course, and it's a perfectly fair thing to do, and a pretty accurate comparison to make in the case of Salafis, who are all about cleansing "muslim lands" of non-muslims or the "wrong" kind of muslims.

I was just expressing the idea that this is evidence that Sargon and his fellow right-wing sympathizers don't consider nazism a good thing, and instead treat associating yourself with the nazis as a bad thing, which kind of ruins the narrative of a neo-nazi connection.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Service Dog wrote: The only nutritional value of the lolmilk is that it's a perfect microcosm of how Hillary snatched defeat from the jaws of victory & why Brexit happened. Messengers like Sargon are deemed 'alt-right' for telling the truth about how the Left blew it. I am grateful to Aneris for volunteering herself to to the SJW genome project, so we can see the inner workings of a pro-Antifa EU stooge in such detail.
I suspect with Aneris that it's a certain thing where you start feeling yourself thinking more "Right-wing" thoughts, and you pull away from it and react in the other direction, trying to reaffirm the Left-wing allegiance you've spent most of your life with. I recognize something like that from my own transition.

At some point you just give up and admit that the Right have always had some good ideas, and that you've misjudged them on many things. It doesn't mean you have to be a Right-winger yourself and agree with everything they say, it just means you've fetched up on the island of classical liberal sanity.

But for a while, it seems like it has to be all or nothing, like you're falling into an abyss, and you reject it and pull back.

windy

Post by windy »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Oxford University has caught the SJW virus and recently issued a cringe-inducing request that people try and make eye contact, because apparently peer-reviewed studies show not doing so is waycist, or something.

They then had to apologise because this "diversity" and "microaggression" advice is a microaggresion against autistic people and shy boys.
Girls, don't do that.

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote:
He's not, though. Unless you think the association of Nazis and Muslims is supposed to make the Nazis look worse.

The idea that the nazis and muslims have a pathological hatred of jews in general at least is true, but it is argued that a minority of muslims joined the fight on the nazi's side during WW2 in spite of Hitler trying to woo them over.
The reason for this wasn't to do with them liking jews as much as them disliking Germans as much as the other Yurpeans or more.
From the book review I linked to above:
The Germans assumed that the Muslim world would naturally flock to the Nazi banner, since Muslims like Germans knew that Jews were the enemy, and since Germany was offering them freedom from France, Britain, and Russia. But for the most part, they were wrong. Muslims only embraced the Nazi cause in places where they were desperate to arm themselves against local persecutors, the Crimea, the Caucasus, and the Balkans. In most of the Muslim world, Hitler failed to attract a large following.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:He's not, though. Unless you think the association of Nazis and Muslims is supposed to make the Nazis look worse.
That's not what I meant. I meant that if Sargon really wanted to make Nazism appealing he wouldn't treat it like a bad thing and wouldn't use it as a yardstick to call other things bad.
I don't think Sargon is a Nazi or trying to make Nazism appealing, but there's something important to be said here.

Virtually everyone treats Nazis as the default Worst Thing Imaginable, even many groups that are very ideologically similar. Hell, take a look at the extreme left. Nobody bitches about Nazis more than them, yet they're fundamentally racist, authoritarian, censorious, violent, need I go on? There are plenty of right-wing racist groups that will return the favor by calling even the most milquetoast liberals Nazis. That's actually why I and so many others have objected to the word Nazi being thrown around so frivolously.

In short, whether you're left or right, being anti-Nazi hardly means anything. It's the societal default, and only a very weird fringe of the right openly worships Hitler. It's nothing more than empty virtue signalling. How people actually behave is more important.

free thoughtpolice

In short, whether you're left or right, being anti-Nazi hardly means anything. It's the societal default, and only a very weird fringe of the right openly worships Hitler. It's nothing more than empty virtue signalling. How people actually behave is more important.
Rape apologist.

free thoughtpolice

The in/famous meeting between Hitler and Yasser Arafat's uncle:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/full-offic ... to-hitler/

ConcentratedH2O, OM

windy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Oxford University has caught the SJW virus and recently issued a cringe-inducing request that people try and make eye contact, because apparently peer-reviewed studies show not doing so is waycist, or something.

Girls, don't do that.

[youtube][/youtube]
Lovely stuff!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »