Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Guest_86eb7498

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Guest_86eb7498 »

fwiw, college fix today re: Berkeley bicycle lock man

thecollegefix dot com/post/32263/
Not clear what police are investigating

A secretary for the Berkeley Police Department told The Fix last week she didn’t have any information on Clanton and said she would refer the question to a sergeant and the public relations department. Neither has responded.

Though the student newspaper at San Francisco State University (SFSU), where Clanton got his master’s degree, reported Sunday that Clanton was indeed under investigation, one of the officials it quoted gave The Fix a more nuanced statement.

Timothy Leong, director of communications for the Contra Costa Community College District, which includes DVC, said he couldn’t confirm whether Clanton was under individual investigation.

“We have been in communication with Berkeley PD and they acknowledged receiving information about the alleged suspect the same way we have been receiving the information; via social media,” Leong wrote in an email.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.
So Dave - what do you do to relax when coming home after a long stressful days work?
Dave you should take a deep breath. Them faggots are for burning SJWs. When I feel like this I cobble together a suicide video.

Trust me you will feel a lot better.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.
So Dave - what do you do to relax when coming home after a long stressful days work?
Goes squirrel hunting?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.
Hi Dave.

Guest_86eb7498

Post by Guest_86eb7498 »

This is the lawyer for Berkeley Campus Republicans, the group that invited Milo and Coulter, in a press conference today:

youtube com/watch?v=xJJZrx1OmyU

She comes off very well, speaks straight to the point, and is very clear about the matters.

At 21:00, regarding the police inaction during the Milo protest, she talks about a law I was not aware of:

wikipedia org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

Anti-mask or anti-masking laws refer to legislative or penal initiatives that seek to stop individuals from concealing their faces, who do so often to go unidentified during a crime.

In many US states and the District of Columbia, there are anti-mask laws.[1]

Anti-mask laws date back to the mid-20th century when states and municipalities passed them as to inhibit the Ku Klux Klan, whose members typically wore hoods of white linen to conceal their identities.[2][better source needed] [3]

In current times, masked political protesters such as those affiliated with the Occupy Movement or Anonymous—a collective group of online hackers with strong political beliefs who consistently wear Guy Fawkes masks—have been targeted with anti-masking laws.[4][5][6][7]

In some areas motorcyclists have been arrested using anti-masking laws as an illegal form of profiling.

In California that's apparently

losangelescriminallawyer pro/california-penal-code-section-185-pc-wearing-mask-or-disguise-to.html

California Penal Code Section 185 PC: Wearing Mask Or Disguise To Evade Police

1. Definition and Elements of the Crime

While wearing masks or disguises is not usually illegal, if someone wears a mask or disguise to avoid being detected by the police he or she could be charged with a criminal offense. Under California Penal Code Section 185 PC, it is unlawful to wear a mask or disguise in order to evade the police.

To prove that a defendant is guilty of wearing a mask or disguise to evade the police, a prosecutor must be able to prove the following elements:

The defendant wore a mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise
The defendant evaded or escaped discovery, recognition or identification
AND the defendant was in the commission of a public offense.
OR:

The defendant wore a mask, false whiskers, or any personal disguise
The defendant’s use of the mask, false whiskers or any personal disguise was used for the purpose of concealment, flight or escape
AND the defendant was charged with, arrested for or convicted of a public offense.

Interesting to see this law written in mind with the KKK, antifa, and furfags.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

O captain my captain

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f196 ... 8c2a9ce393

"I'd catch a grenade for you"

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:I suppose the determining factor is contingent on one's view to the importance of intention. I don't think Sargon is far right, in fact I think he's mostly a red tory type who in a UK context is on the left. But he is most certainly aiding a far right cause here, should La Penn win then could we say he contributed to 'laying the pipes' for her?
I'm deliberately avoiding the consequentialism of this position by NOT arguing that he ought to not speak on the matter, merely positing that if you have served X cause then you have served X cause even if you did it for Y reason.
I think that Sargon is actually far more to the right than to the left as of right now, and yes, he's actively urging people to convince others to vote for LePen, who's far-right in terms of French politics. Still, it's a huge step from there to saying that he's "laying the pipes for neo-nazism". The new Front National, post the expulsion of LePen senior, is more right-wing populist anti-EU and anti-immigration than "neo-nazi". Economically speaking the Front National has even oriented itself far more to the left than during the years of LePen senior, they have taken in ex-communists like Alain Soral and rejected the proto-Reaganism of its inception. They're more similar to Trump than to neo-nazism.

In a way LePen jr.'s transformation of the party is also similar to the transformation of the Italian Italian Social Movement (with a far-right fascist past) into National Alliance and today Brothers of Italy, which is now closer to mainstream right than to the far-right.
No matter what I think about immigrants I'd find it very difficult to vote for UKIP for every other reason. Just my 2 pence :D
I wouldn't vote for them either. Would you call the UKIP nazis, though? From their policies they seem to be populists, right-wing, but not nazis. The BNP, on the other hand, has clearer ties to neo-nazism.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Service Dog wrote:Harris says of his personal & professional social circles-- the people whose phone numbers are in his phone-- the last one who still smoked cigarettes was Christopher Hitchens. The 1-in-౩ people who smoke exist outside his world. In that environment, hateful demonization of smokers as idiot Others goes unchecked. Unanimous support for anti-smoking regulations goes unquestioned. Elites take pride in their intolerance of the intolerable.
I don't smoke, but I know several people that do. I also dislike smoking and am fine with having it banned in public places. Not because smokers are subhuman, but because smoking is not something that is vitally necessary and they can do it in private. Being a smoker is not compulsory or inherent to anyone's identity.

Fuck, this same stupid logic could be used to trample on atheist arguments against theists. Oh wait, it fucking has been and still is. Atheism is elitism. Leave the fundies alone you liberal bullies. What bullshit. I feel sorry for Harris if he thinks anything that stupid.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:What happens when a lib-tard professor looks out her window and sees an ROTC drill?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 20-h180-nc

http://roarfeminist.org/2017/04/18/anat ... n-outrage/

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh and PZ comes out with:
There were a few times when I was at Temple University that I’d sleepily arrive on campus early in the morning and suddenly be surrounded by men in buzzcuts and fatigues waving rifles around, and no, it wasn’t a pleasant shock. We don’t seem to have a ROTC program here at UMM, fortunately.
From her web page, I can see why she's upset. Someone stole her Moon Glampers: http://heidiczerwiec.com/
That fat fuck is so far removed from the concept of National service ..... If Arkansas needs a crash dummy to test their chemistry sets on they know where to go.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Sunder wrote:Coyne's issued some sort of statement about not liking Bill Nye and a few people in the comments have taken to calling him jealous or bashing him for being harsh on Nye and soft on Milo (and that was definitely a black eye since it came so soon before the latter's big public blowout). Though I don't expect those comments to stay because while not quite as bad as the baboons Jerry can be a bit touchy.

[youtube][/youtube]
Bill Nye the lets ignore science guy, what a retard, if he is prepared to sell out science for political correctness then he is nothing but a creationist.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucked the quote - my addition was:

From her web page, I can see why she's upset. Someone stole her Moon Glampers: http://heidiczerwiec.com/

Really?

Post by Really? »

The MRA shitlord lawyer representing PZ and friends against Sticky Dicky has posted a brief essay on Popehat.
The "March for Science" seemed like a great idea. Science is awesome. Making decisions based on evidence and the scientific method is superior to making decisions based on superstition and emotion. So yay science.

I'm certain (or at least willing to believe) that the organizers were truly motivated by a desire for evidence-based policymaking to conquer superstition and emotion. But, as I review the smug "look at how enlightened we are for marching" pictures and posts on social media, I realize that the leaders and the crowd might not have the same motivations.

Science tells us that the earth is getting warmer and we are probably doing it. Science tells us that this is bad. Therefore, we want science. (Some science also tells us we can fix it).

Now do a thought experiment: Imagine if you showed up to that march with science that supported an anti-abortion position (just as one example) do you think you would have been welcomed? Imagine if science told us that life begins at conception, and thus abortion is actually taking a human life. Imagine if it didn't go that far, but the evidence bore out something less radical, but still some result that kicked at the legs of Roe v. Wade. Yeah, imagine.

How many of the people in the crowds yesterday would still be screaming for science based policymaking?

Pick any pussy-hat-wearing cause, and throw science at its walls. If science breaches those walls, would those within still stay true to their cause? Or would they surrender to the scientific evidence?

We don't need to ask this in hypotheticals. The statistics and the studies show that the "wage gap" is a fabrication. Yay science? Charles Murray may be right, or he may be wrong, but very few people who marched yesterday would want to hear him out. Why? Because when scientific debate makes some people uncomfortable, they don't want science — they want "religion." (example1 ) (example 2) (examples 3-10) No, not "religion" as in hocus-pocus and magic space zombies, but "religion" as in an orthodoxy of thought, and the fate of a heretic for those who challenge the sacred scrolls.

I admit that I have no scientific evidence of this. But, my hypothesis is that more than half of the people marching yesterday would lose their minds if we embraced evidence-based-policymaking and it gored the ox of their identity-politics.

I would love to see a movement for true evidence-based policymaking, where the participants would truly be pleased to let the evidence guide the decision — even if it slays their own sacred cows.

But, we don't have that. I doubt we ever will.
https://www.popehat.com/2017/04/23/randazza-science/

If nothing else, PZ has his dignity and his steadfast adherence to his core values and principles. I fully expect him and his codefendants to drop Marc Randazza like SSA finally dumped Carrier.

The comments are pretty interesting.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Lsuoma wrote:Fucked the quote - my addition was:

http://heidiczerwiec.com/images/hcautho ... 4137606419
http://images.fashiontimes.com/data/ima ... ensley.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

MarcusAu wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
https://preview.ibb.co/eLii0k/Cd_Xq9n4_ ... _large.jpg

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Aneris wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.
Hi Dave.
Hi Aneris, any time you want to defend the Stasi Merkel and her insane immigration policy please feel free to do so.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

katamari Damassi wrote:Been vacationing in Chechnya and had the most difficult time getting back. Bureaucracy, eh? I wouldn't recommend the resort though unless you're into seriously BDSM.
Stop being judgemental I hear they are building cool camps for you, you wouldn't want to be called Islamophobic by lefty/liberals, tut tut that will never do. Anybody would think that the religion of peace were a peado worshipping goat fucking backward retards so you need to watch more of the Main Stream Media to cure you of your racism

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote: Would you call the UKIP nazis, though?
No, I wouldn't. I don't think any of these right wing types are nazis, nor do I really think Sargon & co are enabling them.

Just entertaining the notion for the sake of the "argument" as I do find it interesting that (Sargon especially) makes a lot of noise about being leftwing but basically isn't in terms of his choices/actions. It smacks of 'identity' really, which is ironic.

I do think that as anti-sjw gains momentum there will be questionable 'allies' looking to establish themselves in thus space, but in terms of Infowars/Alex Jones I mostly think people find them funny in the same way I can share a flat-earth meme on facebook to everyone's mirth.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Hi Dave.
Hi Aneris, any time you want to defend the Stasi Merkel and her insane immigration policy please feel free to do so.
You got a few things mixed up, Dave. She's a Christian conservative. I never vote such a party. Also, Merkel was wiretapped by US agencies, which is now in Trump's tiny hands, which is also more your guy, isn't he?

windy

Post by windy »

This came up before, but too funny not to repeat.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... h-20170422
Cape Town - The Huffington Post has been ordered to apologise to the public for publishing a ''racist and sexist'' blog that incited hate speech, titled "Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?".

In a strongly worded finding, Press Ombudsman Johan Retief said editor Verashni Pillay had violated numerous sections of the Press Code, and had "contributed to the erosion of public trust in the media".

The publication, which was launched last year as a sister to News24 in the Media24 stable, has already complied fully with the ombud's order to publish an apology of equal prominence and position to the blog, and has included a linked copy of the full finding, as ordered.

"The Press Ombudsman of South Africa has found the Huffington Post South Africa guilty of the publication of hate speech.

''HuffPost SA apologises unreservedly for the publication of the blog titled Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise on 13 April 2017.''
:lol: :lol:

Guest_86eb7498

Post by Guest_86eb7498 »

Google's info box for "The Patriarchy" is not to be missed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:
No, I wouldn't. I don't think any of these right wing types are nazis, nor do I really think Sargon & co are enabling them.

Just entertaining the notion for the sake of the "argument" as I do find it interesting that (Sargon especially) makes a lot of noise about being leftwing but basically isn't in terms of his choices/actions. It smacks of 'identity' really, which is ironic.
Oh, the ship of the "redemption of the left" has sailed long ago for Sargon, if he were sincerely left-wing he'd have supported Melenchon, who is left-wing and anti-EU. I'm comfortable with characterizing Sargon as right wing, and if Aneris concentrated on pointing this out instead of trying to prove nazi connections most people here would have agreed, including me.

I'm not defending Sargon's choices, just pointing out that calling him or Southern or other right-wingers nazis or in service of a neo-nazi agenda or laying the pipes for neo-nazism is idiotic and counterproductive and reeks of keyboard warriors tactics.
I do think that as anti-sjw gains momentum there will be questionable 'allies' looking to establish themselves in thus space, but in terms of Infowars/Alex Jones I mostly think people find them funny in the same way I can share a flat-earth meme on facebook to everyone's mirth.
There were questionable "allies" there from the beginning, Cernovitch and Vox Day and Weev and RooshV and Aurini were anti-SJWs since Day One. I just think that there's no "anti-SJ movement", there are several different projects which happen to have a bone to pick with SJWs or Regressives or the Po-Mo Left, and that trying to play purity tests about who's connected to whom helps no one. It's best to stay independent and agree or disagree with people on a case by case basis without requiring a pure pedigree of ideas we like.

Hell, personally I'd be inclined to be far more indulgent towards SJWs and the Po-Mo Left if instead of taking it out on presumption of innocence, freedom of speech and liberal democracies and discussing video games, toys, special pronouns and other inconsequential shit they'd dare to apply Intersectionality of Oppression to point out the many far more important issues of islam. They'd still be daft and laughable due to their methods but at least they'd do the world a service.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I'd be willing to break bread with Anita Sarkeesian if she did a series of videos on "Islam against women". At the very least I'd applaud her courage. Instead she goes after video games, knowing that it's a soft target ripe for easy outrage with no real risks.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote: Hell, personally I'd be inclined to be far more indulgent towards SJWs and the Po-Mo Left if instead of taking it out on presumption of innocence, freedom of speech and liberal democracies and discussing video games, toys, special pronouns and other inconsequential shit they'd dare to apply Intersectionality of Oppression to point out the many far more important issues of islam. They'd still be daft and laughable due to their methods but at least they'd do the world a service.
^ Fully agree with that.

Regarding 'anti-sjw' I didn't mean to imply it was a movement or community, more that it's opening up a cultural space as the various exponents gain recognition (and as more regular folk encounter SJW extremist lunacy) so naturally any number of people will move into that space.

Personally I think Sargon has a hard time of deciding between taking a position and being a shitposter. The differentiated streams via channels on youtube don't really help.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:I'd be willing to break bread with Anita Sarkeesian if she did a series of videos on "Islam against women". At the very least I'd applaud her courage. Instead she goes after video games, knowing that it's a soft target ripe for easy outrage with no real risks.
This has been brought up before so I'll just echo my past response to it: I wouldn't. Because it wouldn't be enough of a gesture to make me forget that she's a con artist. I'd have every reason to suspect she was still a con artist, just working a new angle. When it comes to other ex-SJWs who get a lot of praise like Ian Miles Cheong I just can't get on board. They need to behave themselves for a long time before I'm going to trust that they've put it all behind them.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

DrokkIt wrote:

Can you please leave my alleged views out of this please? The Neo Nazi was in reference to a Reichsbürger on a stream by Sargon, Dave of “Computing Forever” and others. In the meantime, it came out that Dave shared news from Daily Stormer and Sargon committed himself to campaign help for Le Pen. End of story.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Bill Nye is evidently trying to shame white people out of using wooo science because it is cultural appropriation.

[youtube][/youtube]

Either Bill Nye knows his target audience extremely well, or he has fallen off the wagon big time.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Aneris wrote:Can you please leave my alleged views out of this please?
Yes, guys, please stop referring to Aneris's belief that humans evolved from plant life 10,000 years ago.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Kirbmarc wrote:I'd be willing to break bread with Anita Sarkeesian if she did a series of videos on "Islam against women". At the very least I'd applaud her courage. Instead she goes after video games, knowing that it's a soft target ripe for easy outrage with no real risks.
Really? Is she still "a thing"? Is she still scamming money from morons, like that muslim chick from FfTB or the orbit with the book that isn't?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote:I'm against government execution of it's citizens.

Snip.
The government should never ever be allowed to kill its own people, there is no limit to the evil a government would do with this power. Punish wrong doers to the full extent of the law but never give the right to execute its own people as I have never meet politician who would use this rule wisely.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_86eb7498 wrote: Google's info box for "The Patriarchy" is not to be missed.
For at least a year, Gumby's shoop of Ophelia:

http://imgur.com/37z0uka.jpg

was included in Google's info box :lol: :lol:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Aneris wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Aneris wrote:
Hi Dave.
You got a few things mixed up, Dave. She's a Christian conservative. I never vote such a party. Also, Merkel was wiretapped by US agencies, which is now in Trump's tiny hands, which is also more your guy, isn't he?
Labels don't seem to matter anymore as I can't tell the difference between a neolib and a neocon as they both want more war. Same with Merkel a so called Christian conservative, who has no problem being ruthless with Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal though is full of love for refugees which is mainly young men (no women and children) need to flee from a war zone for some reason. Not only do they need to flee, they need to keep fleeing until they get free gibs. Either you are the most gullible morons in Europe or you want to destroy us for the third time. Either way I look forward to the day when you evil fuckers and your sick twisted country is turned into glass.

free thoughtpolice

Come home Gumby, we miss you. serious

regna

Post by regna »

Kirbmarc wrote: I've explicitly supported Aneris when she claimed that Chomsky isn't a regressive or even a SJWs, because he isn't (hell the guy advocated for the freedom of speech of Robert Faurisson, a Holocaust denialist). I have my issues with Chomsky in that he's too partisan in his criticism, but he's definitely not in the same boat of PZ Myers or even of Ophelia Benson.
Chomsky is a staggeringly poor example of a classical liberal here. Chomsky argued for Faurisson's "free speech" rights because he was /sympathetic to his views/ and this is obvious from his forward to Faurisson and his (secret) close working relationship with the radical socialist holocaust revisionist imprint La Vielle Taupe that published him. Robert Nozick remembers him gushing over all the holocaust revisionist literature they were sending him at the time and he wanted to give them the French language rights to his most recent book.

Chomsky:

Denies the Cambodian genocide to this day
Minimizes the Japanese genocide to the point of denial and claimed that Japan's invasion of the Asian mainland was "in some respects" (it's always a hedge with Chomsky) greatly beneficial to Asians, for example, saving "millions of lives" in India.
Denies the Maoist genocide during the cultural revolution, denies that hundreds of thousands were executed during North Vietnam's land reforms, denies the genocide of the Miskito Indians by the Sandinistas
Denies the Srebrenica massacre, supported accused Serbian war criminals, defended "Living Marxism" as it denied genocide in Rwanda and Bosnia (again in terms of "free speech" where it was clear he actually endorsed their views.)

On the other hand he had nothing but contempt for the free speech rights of anti-Sandinista newspapers shut down in Nicuragua -- when asked to review them in the 80s, he said his "minimal spanish" was sufficient for him to dismiss them as worthless.

His holocaust revisionism was just one more experiment in his general strategy of sympathising with totalitarian regimes so long as they are the enemies of the Evil US.

So no, Chomsky actually is the archetypal SJW, the kind that defends 9/11 as punching up, if Aneris is a Chomskyista then she admires a contemptible totalitarian hypocrite.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Bill Nye is a cunt. He's always been a cunt.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Really? wrote:The MRA shitlord lawyer representing PZ and friends against Sticky Dicky has posted a brief essay on Popehat.
The "March for Science" seemed like a great idea. Science is awesome. Making decisions based on evidence and the scientific method is superior to making decisions based on superstition and emotion. So yay science.

I'm certain (or at least willing to believe) that the organizers were truly motivated by a desire for evidence-based policymaking to conquer superstition and emotion. But, as I review the smug "look at how enlightened we are for marching" pictures and posts on social media, I realize that the leaders and the crowd might not have the same motivations.

Science tells us that the earth is getting warmer and we are probably doing it. Science tells us that this is bad. Therefore, we want science. (Some science also tells us we can fix it).

Now do a thought experiment: Imagine if you showed up to that march with science that supported an anti-abortion position (just as one example) do you think you would have been welcomed? Imagine if science told us that life begins at conception, and thus abortion is actually taking a human life. Imagine if it didn't go that far, but the evidence bore out something less radical, but still some result that kicked at the legs of Roe v. Wade. Yeah, imagine.

How many of the people in the crowds yesterday would still be screaming for science based policymaking?

Pick any pussy-hat-wearing cause, and throw science at its walls. If science breaches those walls, would those within still stay true to their cause? Or would they surrender to the scientific evidence?

We don't need to ask this in hypotheticals. The statistics and the studies show that the "wage gap" is a fabrication. Yay science? Charles Murray may be right, or he may be wrong, but very few people who marched yesterday would want to hear him out. Why? Because when scientific debate makes some people uncomfortable, they don't want science — they want "religion." (example1 ) (example 2) (examples 3-10) No, not "religion" as in hocus-pocus and magic space zombies, but "religion" as in an orthodoxy of thought, and the fate of a heretic for those who challenge the sacred scrolls.

I admit that I have no scientific evidence of this. But, my hypothesis is that more than half of the people marching yesterday would lose their minds if we embraced evidence-based-policymaking and it gored the ox of their identity-politics.

I would love to see a movement for true evidence-based policymaking, where the participants would truly be pleased to let the evidence guide the decision — even if it slays their own sacred cows.

But, we don't have that. I doubt we ever will.
https://www.popehat.com/2017/04/23/randazza-science/

If nothing else, PZ has his dignity and his steadfast adherence to his core values and principles. I fully expect him and his codefendants to drop Marc Randazza like SSA finally dumped Carrier.

The comments are pretty interesting.
Worst, he just did an interview on InfoWars. Im expecting this to be the the straw that broke the camel's back for PZ.
[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

And he also penned this article on CNN yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/opinions/ ... index.html

free thoughtpolice

regna wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: I've explicitly supported Aneris when she claimed that Chomsky isn't a regressive or even a SJWs, because he isn't (hell the guy advocated for the freedom of speech of Robert Faurisson, a Holocaust denialist). I have my issues with Chomsky in that he's too partisan in his criticism, but he's definitely not in the same boat of PZ Myers or even of Ophelia Benson.
Chomsky is a staggeringly poor example of a classical liberal here. Chomsky argued for Faurisson's "free speech" rights because he was /sympathetic to his views/ and this is obvious from his forward to Faurisson and his (secret) close working relationship with the radical socialist holocaust revisionist imprint La Vielle Taupe that published him. Robert Nozick remembers him gushing over all the holocaust revisionist literature they were sending him at the time and he wanted to give them the French language rights to his most recent book.

Chomsky:

Denies the Cambodian genocide to this day
Minimizes the Japanese genocide to the point of denial and claimed that Japan's invasion of the Asian mainland was "in some respects" (it's always a hedge with Chomsky) greatly beneficial to Asians, for example, saving "millions of lives" in India.
Denies the Maoist genocide during the cultural revolution, denies that hundreds of thousands were executed during North Vietnam's land reforms, denies the genocide of the Miskito Indians by the Sandinistas
Denies the Srebrenica massacre, supported accused Serbian war criminals, defended "Living Marxism" as it denied genocide in Rwanda and Bosnia (again in terms of "free speech" where it was clear he actually endorsed their views.)

On the other hand he had nothing but contempt for the free speech rights of anti-Sandinista newspapers shut down in Nicuragua -- when asked to review them in the 80s, he said his "minimal spanish" was sufficient for him to dismiss them as worthless.

His holocaust revisionism was just one more experiment in his general strategy of sympathising with totalitarian regimes so long as they are the enemies of the Evil US.

So no, Chomsky actually is the archetypal SJW, the kind that defends 9/11 as punching up, if Aneris is a Chomskyista then she admires a contemptible totalitarian hypocrite.
That is the thing. By omission if you only criticize one side you don't get an accurate picture of the real world. Give a blind eye to the sort of crimes committed by the Khmer Rouge or the Sendero Luminoso, or excuse their crimes because of prior "imperialist" contact is just shit.
Chomsky is a chump.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

Oh, the ship of the "redemption of the left" has sailed long ago for Sargon, if he were sincerely left-wing he'd have supported Melenchon, who is left-wing and anti-EU. I'm comfortable with characterizing Sargon as right wing, and if Aneris concentrated on pointing this out instead of trying to prove nazi connections most people here would have agreed, including me.

I'm not defending Sargon's choices, just pointing out that calling him or Southern or other right-wingers nazis or in service of a neo-nazi agenda or laying the pipes for neo-nazism is idiotic and counterproductive and reeks of keyboard warriors tactics.
There were questionable "allies" there from the beginning, Cernovitch and Vox Day and Weev and RooshV and Aurini were anti-SJWs since Day One. I just think that there's no "anti-SJ movement", there are several different projects which happen to have a bone to pick with SJWs or Regressives or the Po-Mo Left, and that trying to play purity tests about who's connected to whom helps no one. It's best to stay independent and agree or disagree with people on a case by case basis without requiring a pure pedigree of ideas we like.

Hell, personally I'd be inclined to be far more indulgent towards SJWs and the Po-Mo Left if instead of taking it out on presumption of innocence, freedom of speech and liberal democracies and discussing video games, toys, special pronouns and other inconsequential shit they'd dare to apply Intersectionality of Oppression to point out the many far more important issues of islam. They'd still be daft and laughable due to their methods but at least they'd do the world a service.
Lol. We conservatives were always going to expose your lefty/liberal ideologies as being intellectually bankrupt but your embrace of Islam sealed the deal. Everything you claimed to stand for is Haram, women, gay and transgender rights is antithetical to your beliefs. Not that I'm surprise by your hypocrisy which is common with lefty/liberals. I just need to know how you justify it to yourselves?

Guest_86eb7498

Post by Guest_86eb7498 »

fwiw, at 418 seconds in, Randazza identifies as a member of the left.

youtu be/3teOQvwLmkY?t=418

free thoughtpolice

Guest_86eb7498 wrote:fwiw, at 418 seconds in, Randazza identifies as a member of the left.

He hangs with the FTB/ Orbit crowd, how much more lefty cred do you need? :drool:

Really?

Post by Really? »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
Worst, he just did an interview on InfoWars. Im expecting this to be the the straw that broke the camel's back for PZ.
[youtube][/youtube]
Infowars? Wait until PZ learns that he's being represented by a card-carrying member of the alt-right. I should update Randazza's wiki page.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
pro-boxing-fan wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Infowars? Wait until PZ learns that he's being represented by a card-carrying member of the alt-right. I should update Randazza's wiki page.
Can someone (Hi, Brive) please tweet this shit at Meyers? Let his followers know what a fucking pear he is?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Sunder wrote:
This has been brought up before so I'll just echo my past response to it: I wouldn't. Because it wouldn't be enough of a gesture to make me forget that she's a con artist. I'd have every reason to suspect she was still a con artist, just working a new angle. When it comes to other ex-SJWs who get a lot of praise like Ian Miles Cheong I just can't get on board. They need to behave themselves for a long time before I'm going to trust that they've put it all behind them.
I agree with your reservations about Sarkeesian. She's an out-and-out fraud and liar, and she would stick the bread knife in your back while you were checking the temperature of the oven. However, Cheong seems fairly sensible. He has done 2 solid years of exposing SJW madness via Heat Street. That's a decent amount of penance, and listening to an interview he did recently, where he talked about CON (Crash Overide Network) and his years in the SJW cult, he is genuinely out of that mindset. The SJWs hate his guts, now.

You have to think of SJWs as belonging to a cult. It is possible some can be deprogrammed. Others, like Watson or Sarkeesian, will always be Charles Manson or Jim Jones.

PS - I know you're reading this PZ. Go and fuck yourself hard with your pet octopus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sunder wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Harris says of his personal & professional social circles-- the people whose phone numbers are in his phone-- the last one who still smoked cigarettes was Christopher Hitchens. The 1-in-౩ people who smoke exist outside his world. In that environment, hateful demonization of smokers as idiot Others goes unchecked. Unanimous support for anti-smoking regulations goes unquestioned. Elites take pride in their intolerance of the intolerable.
I don't smoke, but I know several people that do. I also dislike smoking and am fine with having it banned in public places. Not because smokers are subhuman, but because smoking is not something that is vitally necessary and they can do it in private. Being a smoker is not compulsory or inherent to anyone's identity.

Fuck, this same stupid logic could be used to trample on atheist arguments against theists. Oh wait, it fucking has been and still is. Atheism is elitism. Leave the fundies alone you liberal bullies. What bullshit. I feel sorry for Harris if he thinks anything that stupid.
My paraphrase of Harris & Murray advanced the smoking-example much further than they did. So I may have mislead you, as-to their point.

But I stand by my version & dont see how you can dismiss it as untrue. If an atheist's anti-Christian rant is just a bunch of crowd-pleasing insults-- saying the christian has a farmer tan, poor hygene, fucks his sister, & drives a tractor with a gun rack-- then that atheist argument Should be trampled.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bill Nye, headbanging to insipid rap.

Just what everyone was waiting for. Thank you, creature from the FtB toiletbowl.

http://imgur.com/tjNkx1n.jpg

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Guest_86eb7498 wrote:fwiw, at 418 seconds in, Randazza identifies as a member of the left.

He also appeared on a stream with Mike Cernovich (another deplorable) about 2 years ago where he went more in depth about his political leaning and from what i remember there's no doubt he's a leftist with a clear live and let live attitude coupled with a zero tolerance for bullshit. The kind of people i have a soft spot for whether i disagree with them often or not.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

regna wrote:Chomsky is a staggeringly poor example of a classical liberal here.
Agreed. Chumpsky is completely overrated as a thinker (cue his fanboys frothing at the mouth). Don't know enough a bout his work as a linguist to judge that. He is defo closer to a SJW than a liberal. He's always had a habit of downplaying massacres, crimes, and genocides when they make enemies and ideological opponents of the West look bad. Given the 20th century, that's a big and nasty habit to have.

He was also a right cunt in that "debate" with Sam Harris.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Can someone provide one of those bits of text which go something like this: "The christian god, who warned us not to eat the apple, knowing we were going to anyway and then had his son murdered but not really because it turned out to be a gag and he's fine"?

Thanks. Search engines are very hard to use for amusing religious quotes because of the signal/noise ratio.

Really?

Post by Really? »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:

He also appeared on a stream with Mike Cernovich (another deplorable) about 2 years ago where he went more in depth about his political leaning and from what i remember there's no doubt he's a leftist with a clear live and let live attitude coupled with a zero tolerance for bullshit. The kind of people i have a soft spot for whether i disagree with them often or not.
TRIGGERED. This is confirmation. Randazza with multiple confirmed neo-Nazi MRA members of the alt-right. 60 Minutes themselves called Cernovich fake news!

PZ MUST DENOUNCE. AND SERVE AS HIS OWN LAWYER IN CARRIER'S CASE.

[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Sunder wrote:
I agree with your reservations about Sarkeesian. She's an out-and-out fraud and liar, and she would stick the bread knife in your back while you were checking the temperature of the oven. However, Cheong seems fairly sensible. He has done 2 solid years of exposing SJW madness via Heat Street. That's a decent amount of penance, and listening to an interview he did recently, where he talked about CON (Crash Overide Network) and his years in the SJW cult, he is genuinely out of that mindset. The SJWs hate his guts, now.

You have to think of SJWs as belonging to a cult. It is possible some can be deprogrammed. Others, like Watson or Sarkeesian, will always be Charles Manson or Jim Jones.

PS - I know you're reading this PZ. Go and fuck yourself hard with your pet octopus.
He is. I think Sunder is being very uncharitable here. There is no doubt at this point Cheong just decided to stop playing games and be honest with himself and accepting the risk that comes with it, like alienating part of his audience (gameranx), supports and friends.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Snip.
The government should never ever be allowed to kill its own people, there is no limit to the evil a government would do with this power. Punish wrong doers to the full extent of the law but never give the right to execute its own people as I have never meet politician who would use this rule wisely.
Cheers Dave.

I feel the same way about government censorship.

I can't think of any politician competent enough to decide what other people should watch or read. And even if there were such an animal - the chances are that the next administration would use the rules and regulations to pursue it's own agenda, all the while rationalising that it is for the public good.

I don't think I'm quite ready to come out as a conservative though. :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

Snip.
Cheers Dave.

I feel the same way about government censorship.

I can't think of any politician competent enough to decide what other people should watch or read. And even if there were such an animal - the chances are that the next administration would use the rules and regulations to pursue it's own agenda, all the while rationalising that it is for the public good.

I don't think I'm quite ready to come out as a conservative though. :)
And I can't think of any pollie I'd trust to spend my money for the national good. Or, for that matter, negotiate with my best interests at heart with foreign powers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Spare us from do-gooders with the best of intentions at heart.

Many things we can decide for ourselves. Politicians have a strong tendency to unilaterally decide for us - no discussion needed.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:This may have been ninja'd, but it becomes a touch harder to argue Sargon doesn't have far-right sympathies when he makes an instructional video aimed at helping Le Penn win an election:

[.youtube][/youtube]

Now I'm sure this is because he dislikes the corporatism of Macron, but there must come a point where Aneris is right and a spade is a spade?

Apologies for this shit-stirring :D
Wow. Guns blazing, and I only argued he's helping. Though doesn't matter anymore.
Don't think you've ever really considered the ramifications and implications of the lesser-of-two-evils principle. That Le Pen might be a bit "problematic" - for instance, she apparently is not too keen about either gay marriage or accepting some French responsibility for the Holocaust - might reasonably said or argued to be relatively small potatoes in comparison to the problems of the EU and Muslim immigration.

As happened with both Trump and with Brexit, as much as the alternatives had their merits, they paled in comparison to their deficiencies. And with only two - count em, two - choices on the table, it should not be surprising that the electorates apparently fell back on that principle.

But, somewhat relative to your general "thesis", you might appreciate a bit of further evidence of the nefarious Dave Rubin "laying the pipes" for disreputable characters, this time for Kim Jong-un: ;-)
Aneris wrote:The obvious aside, he wants to make Macron look filty rich, but ...
In 1977, Le Pen [the father] inherited a fortune from Hubert Lambert .... Lambert's will provided 30 million francs (approximatively 5 million euros) to Le Pen ....
End justifies the means, I guess.
Fine. But you might note that the Estimated Net Worth of Emmanuel Macron is $31.5 Million. So who now has the higher ground? Who do you think has more to lose by France backing out of the EU?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:[.tweet][/tweet]

(for steers)

backstory => reddit dot com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/67facb/the_day_a_coffee_mug_got_reported_for_a_hate_crime/
Thanks - I think - :-) But not quite sure why it should appeal to me in particular although I'll concede it's some evidence of some SJWs going off the deep end.

In any case, some links: Kotaku; Fuckoffee's Storify. And the tweet which seems to have caused the meltdown:

Don't think it's a very funny or clever phrase to try selling cups with, but the responses do suggest a "problematic" mind-set.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So would you be willing to buy it if they just found a word to substitute for CUNT?

Guest_86eb7498

Post by Guest_86eb7498 »

Which way is the potato spinning?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

deLurch wrote:Link for the lazy.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32263/
Oh, the irony:
While it credited 4chan users with previously identifying and unmasking wrongdoers based on video evidence, the editorial said if Clanton isn’t the masked figure, his reputation “has been tarnished without any due process” and he’s been judged “guilty until proven innocent.”
The fact that I completely agree is not the point, obviously.