Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:What the fuck is this I keep hearing about Bill Bye, going all SJW on gender and stuff?

I presume this is some sort of American TV show shite?
I have no idea what he's gotten himself into. Take a few deep breaths first, because you might cringe hard enough to break something.

[youtube][/youtube]
https://m.popkey.co/3fc93c/Ve9Y3.gif

Sounds like she's the one who needed the extra breaths.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Wow. What hath Plait wrought?

The message of this segment is that if you offer someone sex and they say no, just keep asking and making physical contact with them until you get what you want.

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Wasn't there a theory that once you get people to commit to a fantastic proposition - eg Xenu and the volcanoes, or Jesus coming back from the dead - it strengthens group cohesion? Perhaps by creating a strong in group / out group dynamic and defining a purity test.

Similarly, people on the left could be doing the same thing by getting people to agree on the 57 varieties of gender (or whatever the currently fashionable Po-Mo concept is).

And the hack works whether you are consciously manipulating people or not.

Actually, I think that the Gnostics (and mystery religions in general) may have been doing this sort of thing all along.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

BoxNDox wrote:
The original Branch Dividian compound was in La Verne, California, only a few miles from where I am now.
Surely you can't be serious.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
BoxNDox wrote:
The original Branch Dividian compound was in La Verne, California, only a few miles from where I am now.
No, I think he is mistaken. I am pretty sure they were in Milwaukee .

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Cognitive Dissonance.

That's either the theory I was thinking of...or why I keep posting here.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Really? wrote:Wow. What hath Plait wrought?

The message of this segment is that if you offer someone sex and they say no, just keep asking and making physical contact with them until you get what you want.

[youtube][/youtube]

Bill Nye the Science Guy .. I think we have just witnessed him flush his illustrious career down the khazi. WTF was he thinking when he agreed to put his name to this shite?? :doh:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I dunno - it seems to be preaching a message of general tolerance.

Like Barney the Dinosaur for adults.

Perhaps that's the problem.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

MarcusAu wrote:I dunno - it seems to be preaching a message of general tolerance.

I think it's really helping reinforce the religious-right's "gays are trying to convert our children" meme.

Otherwise, if you ignore this, it's a cute segment.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

HelpingHand wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
BoxNDox wrote:
No, I think he is mistaken. I am pretty sure they were in Milwaukee .
That's what I remember as well. Those were happy days.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Strange Days indeed.

It's the title of Francis Wheen's book about England in the 1970's - which he talks a about in this vid:

[youtube][/youtube]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Days-I ... ays+indeed

Just in case you think that the lunatics are running the asylum today.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Patreon is basically the dole for the internet generation. I've just realised this.

Really?

Post by Really? »

MarcusAu wrote:I dunno - it seems to be preaching a message of general tolerance.

Bah, fuck that. These are the same psychos who tell us that "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is a rape narrative.

[youtube][/youtube]

But it's totally cool to rub someone's chest and nudge them into sex after they say no and...hey! Go give a random stranger a handjob! You'll love it!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BoxNDox wrote: The original Branch Dividian compound was in La Verne, California, only a few miles from where I am now.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Surely you can't be serious.
HelpingHand wrote:No, I think he is mistaken. I am pretty sure they were in Milwaukee .
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:That's what I remember as well. Those were happy days.
Oh, you guys are talking about that 70's show.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote: I don't even know how to argue with that. When you assert such views are somehow at odds with her “real” political views, then you show this — not I. And how am I to demonstrate what isn't there, namely inconsistencies between alleged “triggering leftists” and her “real views”? Proving a negative and such?
Very nice. You accuse someone of being alt-right, promoting a Neo-nazi agenda and such, and the burden of proof is on them. You've got a wonderfully twisted concept of what proving a negative means.
When you complain to your wife that the shirt is not the same as pictured online, then you have to make that case, not your wife showing that there is no difference. You have to show how something exist, not she has to show how something does not exist. With that out the way, ...
jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote:Your Wikipedia denial is even more bizarre. There are categories, at the bottom, she was listed under Alt Right. That's a fact. If it changed in the meantime, the logs would reveal it.
Mea culpa. I was looking at her political affiliations which are more prominently displayed. You are correct though. Wikipedia has category lists, and Lauren Southern appears on the list for alt-right, as does the gay Jew Milo Yiannopoulos. Fine bunch of white supremacists these alt-righters are. All I can say is wikipedia is just as shiite as I'd thought they were and you are breathtakingly desperate for taking their word at face value.
Mea culpa this, goal post shifting that, it's quite clear that this is some sort of taboo you are defending with desperation. Not only is it not important how Wikipedia sorts these people, I also know that political writings on such matters are often infested by SJWs. She is in the Alt Right category because she belongs there, which was shown by a plethora of evidence, produced by herself. I know, you just can't hold more than one piece of evidence in your head, and you just can't do basic inference.

Your gang's denialism is interesting though: each time some fact is in focus (typically one of the less important ones, which is also a strategy of denial) you instantly forget about all the others brought up before. In other words, focus on something trivial, or bite into deliberately misunderstood halfsentence, etc and when caught mea-culpa it all away, and hope that the facts are fogotten and go away.

Comical Kirby has still not explained Dave Cullen’s sharing of Daily Stormer to the MRA crowd (Bearing etc) in one stream, etc. It's wonderfully consistent: there are people who apparently drifted off into the Far Right wilderness, and see no problem with sharing Daily Stormer, participate on identitarian movement (aka Alt Right) channels, hang out and party with again the same people and so on. Keep in mind that Lauren Southern not only went to Pettibone's channel (who herself is directly connected to Spencer's project), they also celebrate their friendship with party pictures, featuring Rudkowski and Cernovich on Twitter. The same Rudkowski who shortly afterwards is on Sargon's channel and presented there as a neutral or “centre” journalist. The same Cernovich who is known as the actual Alt Right meme master. Etc. and there's much more already, with the Alt Right Truther-Conspiracy-Trump corner, or Sargon's recent endorsement of Alex Jones. How on earth can “skeptics” defend any of this?
jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote:She appeared as first guest on Pettibone's channel:
Trying to tar someone for appearing at a certain online venue while posting on the fucking slymepit has to be the single most insane thing I've seen someone do this year. And I follow the lives of people like Daniel Muscatto for fun.

I have asked you guys a few times to please look up your fancy association fallacy. You still didn't. You and the others before you have not the faintest idea. There's a reason why association fallacies are a thing: people who like each other, or share views, tend to hang out with each other. They at least can tolerate each other. Two things that have something in common might be similar in important ways. Because this is often true, it is precisely the reason why someone might use this heuristic to make wrong inferences! An example: P1: a Trump-voter posts on the Slymepit, P2, someone else posts on the Slymepit, C: therefore someone else is a Trump-voter. This is an association fallacy.

Whether some feature is useful to connect the dots or not obviously depends on what is argued. Consider this: P1. A person with an internet connection posts on the Slymepit, P2, someone else posts on the Slymepit, C, therefore someone else has an internet connection, too — fallacious (it does not follow), but it's still true.

Pettibone's channel is not free-for-all posting where anyone can come and go, and where even people who can't reason good are welcome. You do not just happen onto a far right identitarian channel, write identitarian books, pose with Alt Right “swedistan” memes, party with core members of the Alt Right scene and so on.
jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote:So, Sargon and Southern want to look like Alt Right, because reasons, and when they do, then … what exactly?
I can't speak to their motives, but mine are to work people into a frothing mess over the existential threat of cartoon frogs and creeping Nazi agendas (much as you're now doing), then quietly pull in neutrals to point out how insane you look. It's pretty remarkable the kinds of change that come over people when they learn the white supremacist threat people have been wailing about is actually a bunch of socially conservative libertarians who will calmly explain to you why they think 90% of the population would be better off and happier in monogamous, heterosexual relationships and going to church every Sunday.
First off, I had no problem with pepe memes or people who share them, e.g. Chris Raygun. Nice try again. You think I don't see your cheap tricks? Mea Culpa again? Secondly, edgelords don't want to pull in neutrals, and shitposting is exactly the opposite of what you allege. Since when is trolling useful for winning over neutrals? and win over to what? Here you reveal your tribalism and you probably believe in this “Culture War”. People who are into Culture War are obviously identitarian keyboard warriors, ie. basically SJWs.

Allegedly, Pepe was flooded with Nazi references to drive the mainstream off again, and worked first because a lot of people saw Clinton's campaign as ridiculous. But this is not cards where “shitposting” is an eternal Trump card. This is more like Rock, Paper, Scissors. First, the joke was on the Regressives. But then the actual Far Right supremacists quickly took over the memes (provided they didn't originate them in the first place, read what political commentators and people like Cernovich have to say on that one). This left those too slow to adapt, people like you, indistinguishable from the real thing. You only have good faith, and that is now quickly used up.

I can be confident that someone like Chris Raygun has nothing to do with the Alt Right, despite shitposting or using Pepe memes. But Trumpists who constantly surround themselves with the Alt Right, immerse themselves in memes indistinguishable from Alt Right political propaganda, and who advance themselves an Alt Right narrative of a Culture War, promote Alex Jones and Rudkowski etc do not have a reputation as somehow being against the thing. In fact, people who claim otherwise are either mad, or are lying. As if it somehow casts doubt on Bernie Sanders' views as a social democrat that he frequently surrounds himself with Democrats.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Aneris can you do a 'uname -r' for me? I think you've had the same kernel patch as Steers.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sulman wrote:Aneris can you do a 'uname -r' for me? I think you've had the same kernel patch as Steers.
Defending a weird and extreme view, utter reliance on Wikipedia, long dogmatic screeds and feeling self-assuredly right despite many diverse people pointing out problems...that's full Steersman.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I like both - and don't see them as the same thing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris, what has gotten in to you today? Until now, you were making complete sense.
It's sooo uncharacteristic of you. I just can't comprehend this abrupt 180°.
There were no warning signs. It's baffling. ;-P

Really?

Post by Really? »

Aneris, I think we're going about this the wrong way. Feminism is defined as, "the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes."

Lauren Southern is a feminist. She's welcome at feminist conferences, right? Feminists would call her "sister" and accept her without reservation?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Aneris wrote: Mea culpa this, goal post shifting that, it's quite clear that this is some sort of taboo you are defending with desperation. Not only is it not important how Wikipedia sorts these people, I also know that political writings on such matters are often infested by SJWs. She is in the Alt Right category because she belongs there, which was shown by a plethora of evidence, produced by herself. I know, you just can't hold more than one piece of evidence in your head, and you just can't do basic inference.
I gave you that because it was something incontrovertible that I missed. If you'd bothered to follow along you'd see I'd prefaced this all by saying it wouldn't make a difference if what you were saying about the wikipedia page was correct or not. So now me sticking to my original stance is goalpost shifting. I was annoyed at Service Dog for calling you stupid when history shows you clearly aren't, but I'm now well and truly understanding his frustration. You're not stupid, you're just playing at it so you can pretend like it's incomprehensible people might align on one political axis but not on others.

I really should have resisted the urge to respond.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Bill Nye the Science Guy .. I think we have just witnessed him flush his illustrious career down the khazi. WTF was he thinking when he agreed to put his name to this shite?? :doh:
So Bill thinks that if we all had orgies and lots of uncommitted fun-sex we would create an enlightened perfect world. Got it! Free love fun fucking for everyone! and Bill says COOL! haha. This is an epic disaster.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Oh shit... the Youtube comments on Bill Nye are hilarious.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:Wasn't there a theory that once you get people to commit to a fantastic proposition - eg Xenu and the volcanoes, or Jesus coming back from the dead - it strengthens group cohesion? Perhaps by creating a strong in group / out group dynamic and defining a purity test.

Similarly, people on the left could be doing the same thing by getting people to agree on the 57 varieties of gender (or whatever the currently fashionable Po-Mo concept is).

And the hack works whether you are consciously manipulating people or not.

Actually, I think that the Gnostics (and mystery religions in general) may have been doing this sort of thing all along.

Agree with the general premise. Xenu, though, is unfamiliar to many Scientologists, especially Sea Org types who are probably too busy slaving their guts out to make it to OTIII. The idea could be to force a decision between blowing and surrendering completely to cognitive dissonance. The latter is tempting in light of the time, money and commitment involved in getting to the big revelation. Or maybe Hubbard was just being perverse and reveling in his ability to create willing slaves.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:Well I like both - and don't see them as the same thing.
I liked both until they resorted to insults and blocking. Aneris waving the association fallacy around as though it actually defends her views is more sad than funny. Apparently Aneris didn't get to the guilt by association fallacy. By her reckoning anybody that's ever appeared on the Fox network must be in agreement with their conservative agenda, a clearly ludicrous position. But the pipes are being laid, the dots connected and pay attention to what they're not saying...

If I wanted dogmatic, illogical views with a tinge of paranoia, I'd visit my crazy aunt in her bunker. She promised no warning shots if I remember the knock.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:Aneris, what has gotten in to you today? Until now, you were making complete sense.
It's sooo uncharacteristic of you. I just can't comprehend this abrupt 180°.
There were no warning signs. It's baffling. ;-P
Sarcasm aside Aneris so far showed a pro-left wing preference, but not worse than a legitimate political preference. I'm probably closer to Aneris' ideas than to Sargon's when it comes to many issues (healthcare, welfare, abortion rights, support for right-wing populism, even feminism/women's rights). The difference is that I don't believe in calling people nazis or white supremacists unless they really are nazis or white supremacists, just like I don't call people communists unless they really are communists. Also I don't believe in purity tests and I don't see criticism or even rejection of the EU aims as evidence of being a right-wing authoritarian (because it's not: plenty of people, even on the left, are skeptical of the EU) and I don't see limits on immigration or national or "western" pride as inherently fascist (because they're not).

I think that the main difference between me and Aneris is that Aneris lives in Germany, where the EU has had a lot of positive effects on the economy (arguably to the detriment of other countries, like the PIIGS) and criticism of EU and wanting to curtail immigration is associated with neo-nazism and the extreme right in general. In other countries Euroskepticism and Eurocriticism are far more widespread and criticism of mass immigration isn't just as extreme right-wing issue.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Steersman wrote: Though, in the same neck of the woods, seems that Germaine Greer has jumped the shark in some industrial-grade islamopologism in apparently defending both Islam and FGM:

Not really sure to what extent FGM is more prevalent in Muslim cultures, although quite a bit of evidence that that is the case. Moot too the argument that it is more or less mandated by the Quran. In any case, my response which links to a recent post of Coyne's that elaborates on the issue:
Greer is an utter arse. Thing is though, I hate Greer because of her cultural relativism, and this is not the first time she has downplayed female genital mutilation and excused dodgy aspects of Islam. The SJWs hate Greer because of her views on transwomen.
Yea, remember that - politics & strange bedfellows; bit of an eye-opener.
CommanderTuvok wrote:As for her whether FGM is more common in Muslim cultures. Erm, yes it is. David Pakman destroys this VICE journalist on the issue (and Reza Aslan in the process).

[.youtube][/youtube]
Ta; looks interesting vid though will have to put it on the back burner. And kind of thought that was the case, particularly because of Coyne's statistics and links - which I haven't had the time to do more than skim.

But, you might like and not have seen yet Ally Fogg's latest on the topic:
UKIP are not the only ones peddling dangerous myths about FGM
It would be tempting to dismiss UKIP’s newly-announced manifesto policy on female genital mutilation as simply the latest ravings of a delusional binbag of wingnuts. Unfortunately, this delusional binbag of wingnuts seem to attract a lot of media attention, earn disproportionate platforms and, as you might have noticed, more than occasionally see their ravings slide into the policy platforms of supposedly sensible parties. ....
While I've only briefly skimmed the article, and he may have at least some justification for his position, I kind of get the impression that he's seriously underestimating the magnitude of the problem and the prevalence of those actually victimized:
Birmingham's Heartlands Hospital treats 1,500 victims of Female Genital Mutilation in just FIVE years

Worrying scale of the hidden problem is revealed at a police and crime panel meeting ...

Would be interesting to hear the responses to Fogg's fogginess - so to speak - from Anne Marie Waters and Maryam Namazie ... ;-)

Guest_95d024b1

Post by Guest_95d024b1 »

People who took part in a gangrape live on Facebook in Sweden get 2 years 4 months, 1 year, and 6 months jail time.

Feminists everywhere express their lack of outrage at these lenient sentences.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FYI anyone interested in jesus mythicism --

The excellent blog, Vridar -- whose authors are unfortunately inordinately fond of Sticky Dicky -- just plugged the latest dogshit self-published book by Dicky's PUA-in-arms, Dave "I-also-had-group-sex-with-Lauren-Lane-and-REDACTED" Fitzgerald. (TFA had also done so previously.)

I provide a scathing review of said dogshit, and in the comments the names of not a few of our old schism friends come up.

vridar.org/2017/04/24/jesus-mything-in-action/

P.S. If you're inclined to comment, please be respectful & high-brow, as they're actually really cool guys running that blog.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Moldylocks on the wage gap.

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Yes, it's N20 isn't it. Correct, I did not pay attention in chemistry. I should have just said Nitrous Oxide, laughing gas seemed inappropriate.
OTOH, I've been told that NECV20 is a real killer.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I liked both until they resorted to insults and blocking. Aneris waving the association fallacy around as though it actually defends her views is more sad than funny. Apparently Aneris didn't get to the guilt by association fallacy. By her reckoning anybody that's ever appeared on the Fox network must be in agreement with their conservative agenda, a clearly ludicrous position. But the pipes are being laid, the dots connected and pay attention to what they're not saying...

If I wanted dogmatic, illogical views with a tinge of paranoia, I'd visit my crazy aunt in her bunker. She promised no warning shots if I remember the knock.
If you're talking about me then I don't recollect ever blocking you - don't block anybody currently although I might have done so way back (maybe Jesper). And if I made with the insults then I expect they were tit-for-tat.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Again I want to defend Aneris a little bit. It's not exactly paranoia or dogmatism, it's a lack of nuance on her part coupled with assuming that the dynamics of politics in Germany are completely representative of politics everywhere else. In Germany the specter of nazism is something ingrained within the shared culture to the point that any form of national pride or nationalism (except maybe when it comes to football) is tainted with the association with nazism.

Right-wing libertarians, populism and arguments on shared values and shared culture are similarly tainted. The right-wing parties of Germany are really careful about avoiding any association with nazism, no matter how remote. Angela Merkel is a center-right politician whose ideas are actually more to the right than the UKIP on economic issues, but she has to carefully craft a narrative of being against any form of national pride or of defense of national interests and in favor of European co-operation and international peace-keeping diplomatic efforts, no matter the costs.

For an American or a Briton an American or a British flag and American and British values are a symbol of unity and pride, for a German a German flag worn with pride and references to "German values" and "German identity" reek of goosesteps and concentration camps.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:FYI anyone interested in jesus mythicism --

The excellent blog, Vridar -- whose authors are unfortunately inordinately fond of Sticky Dicky -- just plugged the latest dogshit self-published book by Dicky's PUA-in-arms, Dave "I-also-had-group-sex-with-Lauren-Lane-and-REDACTED" Fitzgerald. (TFA had also done so previously.)

I provide a scathing review of said dogshit, and in the comments the names of not a few of our old schism friends come up.

P.S. If you're inclined to comment, please be respectful & high-brow, as they're actually really cool guys running that blog.
I have to wonder if your hobbies don't include rubbing your face with sandpaper and spending an evening banging your head against a rock wall. At the end of which you ask yourself why you even bothered in the first place.

Still - it is nice that you are treating the subject with a degree of seriousness - and letting them know that there are people that will hold them to a higher standard.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

http://manchestermule.com/wp-content/up ... a-bike.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Aneris wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:Social Justice Warriors, who now argue for the punching are as much Antifa or Black Bloc as your aunt. What happened is that because one individual from such a bloc punched Spencer, and they now do their usual mimicry thing, wanting to appear all revolutionary when in reality they want their every whim and feelings and identity validated. Real Autonoms don't care about society and what it thinks of them. SJWs are total poser and that has been in their definition from the beginning.
The Black Bloc/Antifa are bullies who uses their numbers, anonymity and groupthink to project the image that they're revolutionaries and don't care about society when they're often losers who simply wish to break things and look righteous. Fuck them, they're no better than the SJWs.
I have some sympathy for Antifas, as the core idea is anti-fascism. Other than that, they are not really one unified thing, even though cooperation is common. They are very diverse and viewpoints reach from Pro-Israel, Pro-American to anti-imperialist Pro-Palestine -- plus virtually every flavour in Left Wing politics, from Environmentalism to Feminism. While the violent protests by Autonoms often get the attention, there is also a strong tradition of pacificism. There are Straight Edgers and whatnot. No, they are not bullies.
Just remember kids, it only goes one way. These fine Antics folks are a diverse group, not to be judged as an organization as a whole. No dots to connect. No hypocrisy here.
viewtopic.php?t=513&p=410241#p410223

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

This may have been ninja'd, but it becomes a touch harder to argue Sargon doesn't have far-right sympathies when he makes an instructional video aimed at helping Le Penn win an election:

[youtube][/youtube]

Now I'm sure this is because he dislikes the corporatism of Macron, but there must come a point where Aneris is right and a spade is a spade?

Apologies for this shit-stirring :D

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

rayshul wrote:
deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote:I generally consider myself alt-right. The problems in the definition of alt-right came about when people who liked free speech and /pol/ nutters realised really belatedly that Richard Spencer had invented a group with the same name, and had done it first. I don't have a big problem with Spencer but he's definitely a white nationalist. Milo was once considered alt-right until he was reminded of the Richard Spencer connection.
I have seen the Richard Spencer has claimed to have coined the term Alt-right, but he is also seeking publicity for himself and his cause.

I know that media and left wing blogs love to bring up that Alt-Right has having racist roots among the white supremacists & white nationalists. But has anyone here done any actual research to determine if any of this is true? Or are we all relying on what we have been told?
It's not roots, its whatsit, that co-evolution thing - two groups who decided to call themselves alt-right without having shit in common. It makes sense, both are alternatives to the right - one down the white nationalist path, the other more classical liberal but retaining the right patriotic values. The media suddenly conflated both sides after Richard Spencer's hitler salute convention came up. I did look into this at the time and didn't find anything that suggested Richard Spencer had kicked off the alt-right version that Milo blasted into the cultural consciousness stratosphere by being a camp bitch at colleges. They just happened to choose the same name, and Spencer chose it first.
I think a lot of conservatives found ourselves in this position. Being conservative whilst also being an atheist, no giving a shit if someone is gay, not caring about ethnicity. Just believing that the smaller the government the better and thinking free speech is a vital component of freedom and liberty. Alt(ernative) right seems a good way of expressing your views. Though that never mattered to the left and the liberals as anybody to the right of Stalin was literally Hitler. I no longer care as far as I am concerned all lefty/liberals are mentally ill and fuck them.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote:

Again I want to defend Aneris a little bit. It's not exactly paranoia or dogmatism, it's a lack of nuance on her part coupled with assuming that the dynamics of politics in Germany are completely representative of politics everywhere else. In Germany the specter of nazism is something ingrained within the shared culture to the point that any form of national pride or nationalism (except maybe when it comes to football) is tainted with the association with nazism.

Right-wing libertarians, populism and arguments on shared values and shared culture are similarly tainted. The right-wing parties of Germany are really careful about avoiding any association with nazism, no matter how remote. Angela Merkel is a center-right politician whose ideas are actually more to the right than the UKIP on economic issues, but she has to carefully craft a narrative of being against any form of national pride or of defense of national interests and in favor of European co-operation and international peace-keeping diplomatic efforts, no matter the costs.

For an American or a Briton an American or a British flag and American and British values are a symbol of unity and pride, for a German a German flag worn with pride and references to "German values" and "German identity" reek of goosesteps and concentration camps.
Ah, I was going for a bit of hyperbole to illustrate Aneris' lack of nuance, apparently unsuccessfully. But I'm done with it. Her(?) lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy, not to mention blocking most of the people in the discussion(or at least failing to consider their arguments) puts Aneris in the annoying lolcow arena.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Bill Nye the Science Guy's new show lets us know the apparently scientific fact that white people are culturally appropriating Indian shit.

[youtube][/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote: Mea culpa this, goal post shifting that, it's quite clear that this is some sort of taboo you are defending with desperation. Not only is it not important how Wikipedia sorts these people, I also know that political writings on such matters are often infested by SJWs. She is in the Alt Right category because she belongs there, which was shown by a plethora of evidence, produced by herself. I know, you just can't hold more than one piece of evidence in your head, and you just can't do basic inference.
I gave you that because it was something incontrovertible that I missed. If you'd bothered to follow along you'd see I'd prefaced this all by saying it wouldn't make a difference if what you were saying about the wikipedia page was correct or not. So now me sticking to my original stance is goalpost shifting. I was annoyed at Service Dog for calling you stupid when history shows you clearly aren't, but I'm now well and truly understanding his frustration. You're not stupid, you're just playing at it so you can pretend like it's incomprehensible people might align on one political axis but not on others.

I really should have resisted the urge to respond.
I don't dispute that people can align on one political axis (or five). You can do whatever you want. My pointing out the evidence here has absolutely no effect whatsoever.

You can subscribe, and listen to whoever all day, without asking for permission. I have nothing against you guys posting Spencer's views if that's what you want to do. I already saw InfoWars or Jp Watson posted a couple of times here (not in jest). If you believe this bothers me, you are mistaken. Why would I be triggered by you embarassing yourself, or posting such stuff into an obscure forum? I don't care about any tribe, and skepticism-atheism is obviously as real as Boringfoot. Half of the “atheist-skeptics” embraced postmodernism at the first contact, all too eager to show how woke and social-justicier-than-thou they were (and also smarter than everybody else, naturally), and the other half, after holding out a bit, now happily endorses Alex Jones, truthers, Trump and his creationist entourage. I guess that sums up four years or so.

You guys already admitted that the “big tent” includes everything from the religious right to the truther all the way to the identitarian movement alt right as long as they profess to be useful in Sargon's etc “culture war”. Thanks for the info. Again, everyone can make up their own mind. I again first thought people don't know the facts, but now learned that you do, but you don't care. Fine by me.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:This may have been ninja'd, but it becomes a touch harder to argue Sargon doesn't have far-right sympathies when he makes an instructional video aimed at helping Le Penn win an election:

[.youtube][/youtube]

Now I'm sure this is because he dislikes the corporatism of Macron, but there must come a point where Aneris is right and a spade is a spade?

It's one thing to be right-wing (as Sargon is, and I've never denied it) and to have anti-EU and anti-mass immigration sympathies and another to "lay the pipes for a neo-nazi agenda". He wants to help LePen because he's upset with Macron's pro-Europe and pro-mass immigration position and fears that the UK might get a raw deal in Brexit negotiations if he's in power.

Also Macron's weakness on islam has something to do with it. Macron seems ready to give up some parts of the French laicité in order to foster some misguided project of community outreach and corporate deals with the Saudis/Salafis, he has some known islamists among his friends like Mohamed Saou. He's also pro-veil.

I disagree very much with Sargon about LePen, I'd have picked Melenchon or Hamon if I were French, but I understand his position on Macron.

Also I was baffled when I found out that some openly gay people endorse LePen, who's close to the religious right and far from gay-friendly, but the problem with anti-gay preaching and acts in muslim communities in France is very high. I think that LePen's right-wing reactionary ideas are highly troubling, but there are some serious threats to the French ideals of separation of church and state coming from the Salafis and the other conservative/reactionary muslim movements, and Macron doesn't seem to care and even panders to the islamists to a certain extent.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulman wrote:Aneris can you do a 'uname -r' for me? I think you've had the same kernel patch as Steers.
Have a Best. Post. Evah!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Aneris wrote:I don't dispute that people can align on one political axis (or five). You can do whatever you want. My pointing out the evidence here has absolutely no effect whatsoever.

You can subscribe, and listen to whoever all day, without asking for permission. I have nothing against you guys posting Spencer's views if that's what you want to do. I already saw InfoWars or Jp Watson posted a couple of times here (not in jest).
I guess this is a haven for nazis now? OK. I've seen people expressing disbelief that for once JP Watson was right about a specific thing, no "endorsement" of Watson or InfoWars. People here have defended PZ Myers when he was in the right about specific things (as, for example, I have done when he rightly criticized the "Nutty Nutters" article of the Sad Puppies as limiting sci-fi to pure entertainment).

But evidently some people are so poisonous that even pointing out when they might have a point, even if you still agree that 90% of the time they're nutters, is anathema, heresy, thoughtcrime.
If you believe this bothers me, you are mistaken. Why would I be triggered by you embarassing yourself, or posting such stuff into an obscure forum? I don't care about any tribe, and skepticism-atheism is obviously as real as Boringfoot. Half of the “atheist-skeptics” embraced postmodernism at the first contact, all too eager to show how woke and social-justicier-than-thou they were (and also smarter than everybody else, naturally), and the other half, after holding out a bit, now happily endorses Alex Jones, truthers, Trump and his creationist entourage. I guess that sums up four years or so.
Yes, we're endorsing Alex Jones, Truthers and Creationism, and Trump, simply by not saying that everyone on the right is "laying the pipes for a neo-nazi agenda".
You guys already admitted that the “big tent” includes everything from the religious right to the truther all the way to the identitarian movement alt right as long as they profess to be useful in Sargon's etc “culture war”. Thanks for the info. Again, everyone can make up their own mind. I again first thought people don't know the facts, but now learned that you do, but you don't care. Fine by me.
You also have demonstrated a rare ability to ignore the diversity of opinions between the people you accuse of being neo-nazis or neo-nazi sympathizers. You have ignored references to ideas expressed in videos, books or interviews, to focus only on "person X defended the right to speech of person Y" or "person X is friends with person Y" or "person X invited person Y to their show", using a method tried and tested by SJWs on every media.

And now, after several people have pointed out how you have ignored the precise ideas which people have expressed in favor of your connection games and references to "dog whistles" you throw a hissy fit about being the Cassandra of the Slymepit while you claim you don't care. Oh really. :bjarte:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:FYI anyone interested in jesus mythicism --

I have to wonder if your hobbies don't include rubbing your face with sandpaper and spending an evening banging your head against a rock wall. At the end of which you ask yourself why you even bothered in the first place.

Still - it is nice that you are treating the subject with a degree of seriousness - and letting them know that there are people that will hold them to a higher standard.
The history of the early church, which segued into mythicism, has been a hobby of mine for some time. I've done a shitload of reading on it, including all sorts of really old stuff by serious scholars that is archived online. The same old wankers in online atheist slacktivism keep touting the same old amateur hacks like Carrier and Fitzgerald. They pretend that they invented the whole thing. Worse, their ideas are either crackpot (Carrier), or they produce shit re-hashes of the better works of better authors (Fitzgerald). They of course really embarrass the entire field and are the favorite punching-bags of apologists. The fact that nearly all of them are actively grooming young co-eds for swinging is just a coincidence.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Are you OK Brive?
Haha ! Yes. Just rewatched the Oklahoma bombing vid with the wife, then read the double execution story from today (where John 2 appealed unsuccessfully claiming John 1's execution was botched) Put me in a frame of mind.

And it occurred to me that once you are knocked out it doesn't really matter how you go so the killing problem should be resolvable. Jesus. Just suck all the air out of the room. The incident of in-surgery consciousness seems reliably low too -'so I don't see the problem.

I'll think about bunnies now.
The salient point, of course, is that it is a trivial matter to kill someone while they are awake: Texas, Arkansas, et al should perhaps send their senators on a fact-finding visit to Isis training camps, where they will learn all the wonderful things that can be done with RPGs, four-storey buildings, and a gallon of gasoline and a box of matches.

The problem is, that for all of their bluster about "I'd pull the goddam trigger myself", even these Southern retards understand that having a prisoner explode into a crimson cloud in front of witnesses might not do wonders for their re-election chances. It is a non-problem (killing without pain) which only exists because those who favor execution don't have the balls to do it right.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:What the fuck is this I keep hearing about Bill Bye, going all SJW on gender and stuff?
I presume this is some sort of American TV show shite?
Yeah, it might be that way. I am looking for a torrent of the gender show to form my own opinion. So far all I have are snippets that don't look promising.

[youtube][/youtube]

However on a few reviews of the video, as much of a train wreck as it is, it appears to be on the subject of sexual preferences (not gender identity choices).

Same here with the Ice Cream atrocity.

[youtube][/youtube]

As cringe worthy as it is, it still has to do with sexuality. So gay, bi, straight.

Phil the microscope manlet should be ashamed of this train wreck. This is seriously damaging Bill Nye's reputation. And if you want to push a message of accepting people who have different sexualities this isn't the way to do it.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
broken neck = instant death
I beg to differ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:Oh my fucking god!!!! That was fantastically terrible. Really. An instant classic. I will post this on Facebook as soon as possible. My pansexual polamorous daughter will cry... and for all the wrong reasons.

But seriously... that is simultaneously creepy as fuck and comically wrong. WTF.... bill... Bill... BILLL. You are just as fucking weird and creepy as everyone thought. We don't need Bill to save the world... we need the world to save us from Bill.
Want to have fun? Go up to your daughter, give her a hug and tell her that you finally understand what her sexuality choices are all about, and you came to understand it from this clip. Show her the video, and then tell her you finally understand what she is all about.

Bill Nye may have inadvertently done what decades of effort on this bullshit has never done. It has made it uncool and untrendy.

Bi, straight, gay, pan whatever. Everyone is welcome to their own sexuality. But for christ's sake we are kind of tired of the ones who run around as exhibitionists, trying to make it an issue, and get everyone else involved in their sexual role playing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:

I'd go one step further in describing Aneris' problem... 1 hour & 40 minutes into Sam Harris' podcast with Charles Murray, they discuss isolated cultural pockets of elites. Harris says of his personal & professional social circles-- the people whose phone numbers are in his phone-- the last one who still smoked cigarettes was Christopher Hitchens. The 1-in-౩ people who smoke exist outside his world. In that environment, hateful demonization of smokers as idiot Others goes unchecked. Unanimous support for anti-smoking regulations goes unquestioned. Elites take pride in their intolerance of the intolerable.

Aneris swims in globalist-EU feminist German waters, with smug kindred fish & they​ dont even recognize Why they should afford greater respect to those who disagree.

Charles Murray was a Never Trump person, but he's able to hear & understand many Trump voters don't like Trump, but see him as 'the murder weapon' to break an elite hegemony. The hegemony has many good qualities... but it has no room for some of us to co-exist.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I believe that Robert Price described mythicism as believing that the facts of the life of Jesus (whether fictional, historical or a composite character) have been lost to the mists of history. (Though this might be a somewhat less committal definition than some give).

We simply don't have enough evidence to say much about his life in comparison to other contemporary figures eg Julius Ceasar.

Of course, Price's style might be considered a little juvenile by some too - but he does give credit where it is due even to opposing views such as Bart Ehrman.

And I do take your point about wanting to read something a little more serious - not something I could have whipped up myself by spending two hours reading wikipedia and slipping in as many geek jokes as possible with a sense of 'humour' dialled up to 11.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

(for steers)

backstory => reddit dot com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/67facb/the_day_a_coffee_mug_got_reported_for_a_hate_crime/

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

DrokkIt wrote:This may have been ninja'd, but it becomes a touch harder to argue Sargon doesn't have far-right sympathies when he makes an instructional video aimed at helping Le Penn win an election:

[youtube][/youtube]

Wow. Guns blazing, and I only argued he's helping. Though doesn't matter anymore.

The obvious aside, he wants to make Macron look filty rich, but ...
In 1977, Le Pen [the father] inherited a fortune from Hubert Lambert (1934–1976), son of the cement industrialist Leon Lambert (1877–1952), one of three sons of Lambert Cement founder Hilaire Lambert. Hubert Lambert was a political supporter of Le Pen, as well as being a monarchist.[7] Lambert's will provided 30 million francs (approximatively 5 million euros) to Le Pen, as well as his opulent three-storey 11-room mansion at 8 Parc de Montretout, Saint-Cloud (the home had been built by Napoleon III for his chief of staff Jean-François Mocquard).[7][16] With his wife, he also owns a two-story townhouse on the Rue Hortense in Rueil-Malmaison and another house in his hometown of La Trinité-sur-Mer.[16]
End justifies the means, I guess.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
It's one thing to be right-wing (as Sargon is, and I've never denied it) and to have anti-EU and anti-mass immigration sympathies and another to "lay the pipes for a neo-nazi agenda". He wants to help LePen because he's upset with Macron's pro-Europe and pro-mass immigration position and fears that the UK might get a raw deal in Brexit negotiations if he's in power.

Also Macron's weakness on islam has something to do with it. Macron seems ready to give up some parts of the French laicité in order to foster some misguided project of community outreach and corporate deals with the Saudis/Salafis, he has some known islamists among his friends like Mohamed Saou. He's also pro-veil.

I disagree very much with Sargon about LePen, I'd have picked Melenchon or Hamon if I were French, but I understand his position on Macron.

Also I was baffled when I found out that some openly gay people endorse LePen, who's close to the religious right and far from gay-friendly, but the problem with anti-gay preaching and acts in muslim communities in France is very high. I think that LePen's right-wing reactionary ideas are highly troubling, but there are some serious threats to the French ideals of separation of church and state coming from the Salafis and the other conservative/reactionary muslim movements, and Macron doesn't seem to care and even panders to the islamists to a certain extent.
I suppose the determining factor is contingent on one's view to the importance of intention. I don't think Sargon is far right, in fact I think he's mostly a red tory type who in a UK context is on the left. But he is most certainly aiding a far right cause here, should La Penn win then could we say he contributed to 'laying the pipes' for her?
I'm deliberately avoiding the consequentialism of this position by NOT arguing that he ought to not speak on the matter, merely positing that if you have served X cause then you have served X cause even if you did it for Y reason.

No matter what I think about immigrants I'd find it very difficult to vote for UKIP for every other reason. Just my 2 pence :D

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Aneris wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
Aneris wrote:
If that's the case you should be able to easily show it to be true. Instead you're resorting to claiming her wikipedia page says things it clearly does not say and emphasizing that she once used the word race and the word identity in the same sentence.

I won't dog pile any more, but you're very quickly becoming one of the people I can't trust any further than I can throw when it comes to summarizing political opponents.
I don't even know how to argue with that. When you assert such views are somehow at odds with her “real” political views, then you show this — not I. And how am I to demonstrate what isn't there, namely inconsistencies between alleged “triggering leftists” and her “real views”? Proving a negative and such?

Your Wikipedia denial is even more bizarre. There are categories, at the bottom, she was listed under Alt Right. That's a fact. If it changed in the meantime, the logs would reveal it. Not that my argument depends on it, but what I asserted was true, whether you agree with the editors or not (this would be a different argument, but now looks desperate).

You also need zero trust. She appeared as first guest on Pettibone's channel:
[Pettibone] is a contributor to AltRight.com, a white nationalist website founded by Richard B. Spencer and is part of the broader alt-right movement.[9][10][11][12]
So, Sargon and Southern want to look like Alt Right, because reasons, and when they do, then … what exactly?
Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What happens when a lib-tard professor looks out her window and sees an ROTC drill?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 20-h180-nc

http://roarfeminist.org/2017/04/18/anat ... n-outrage/

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh and PZ comes out with:
There were a few times when I was at Temple University that I’d sleepily arrive on campus early in the morning and suddenly be surrounded by men in buzzcuts and fatigues waving rifles around, and no, it wasn’t a pleasant shock. We don’t seem to have a ROTC program here at UMM, fortunately.
That fat fuck is so far removed from the concept of National service ..... If Arkansas needs a crash dummy to test their chemistry sets on they know where to go.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I too enjoyed the Sam Harris / Charles Murray podcast. A lot more than I thought I was going to (or that is probably prudent to omit)

In fact - it almost would be nice if they swapped places. Murray could keep doing the podcast, and Sam could retire to the relative obscurity of research.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:What happens when a lib-tard professor looks out her window and sees an ROTC drill?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 20-h180-nc

http://roarfeminist.org/2017/04/18/anat ... n-outrage/

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh and PZ comes out with:
There were a few times when I was at Temple University that I’d sleepily arrive on campus early in the morning and suddenly be surrounded by men in buzzcuts and fatigues waving rifles around, and no, it wasn’t a pleasant shock. We don’t seem to have a ROTC program here at UMM, fortunately.
That fat fuck is so far removed from the concept of National service ..... If Arkansas needs a crash dummy to test their chemistry sets on they know where to go.
Jesus Christ. How much mileage is that fucking ROTC psycho going to get out of the story? That shit happened over a year ago and it was a "huge" story then.
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — A University of North Dakota professor who complained about ROTC cadet training on campus is refusing to heed the Student Senate's call for a public apology.

Heidi Czerwiec recently called 911 when she saw two men with guns outside her office. She maintains the training — which is done with fake guns and no live ammunition — creates a "terrorized environment."

"This entire incident I always saw as me responding to a possible active shooter scenario on campus," the English professor said.

The UND Student Senate this week passed a resolution asking her to apologize for comments that included profanity in a voicemail she left with an ROTC commander, WDAZ-TV reported.
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/mili ... /82508150/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Who fucking cares anymore as it is better than being a pinko commie self loathing faggot like you. Just fuck off already you piece of cultural Marxists scum. Feel free to destroy your own shitty country by all means but you don't have the right to take the rest of Europe with you. We should have wiped you cunts out after the end of the second world war and handed your nation over to the surviving Jews. As it seems you are indefatigable in your mindless pursuit of destroying all of Europe.
So Dave - what do you do to relax when coming home after a long stressful days work?