Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Brive1987 »

Hmm. But given it was your conversation, I'll grant you.

:nin:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

quote="KiwiInOz"]
Yeah. Changes in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession, followed by the increasing effect of a range of reinforcing (positive) feedback processes, including the release of CO2 stored in cold oceans, changed albedo due to darkening of formerly ice covered areas of land, etc.
Oh do fuck off, I'm fed up with hearing how the world will end because climate change bullshit. It is always "In ten years time this bullshit will happen" Chicken little propaganda shit. Don't get me wrong as I want the end of the world climate science to be true. I want the faggotty twatting lefty/liberals dying whilst they were too busy worrying about their 37 pronouns and what bathroom they were allowed to use. Though it all end in fucking nothing. Did it ever occur to you that the planet has gone thought this process before probably hundreds of times and life on this planet just evolved to the changes. With their evolution countering most effects of the climate change from the biolife on this planet. So stop worrying or just enjoy the religious and lefty/ liberal anti-science mongs getting blown the fuck out. :popcorn:
Oh you poor precious snowflake. Having to hear inconvenient scientific explanations for why the earths climate has changed in the past several billion years, is changing now, and will likely change in the future. Then consideration of why current changes will mess and are messing around with our economic production systems, which have been predicated on relatively predictable and stable climate post ice-age, and a reliance on fossil fuels.

As for the world ending? It'll be about 20 billion years after my time, so I'm not really fussed about that.
I have nothing against climate change which has been happening all the time in the world's 4.5 billion year history. Just give me evidence of the usual "in ten years time this will happen" actually happens. Because I keep hearing it and nothing ever occurs? Doesn't this give you pause for thought? Doesn't this tell you that the small data areas you observe truely doesn't represent the whole of the earth's atmosphere. You must be missing a few data variables here and there because your predictions are always wrong. Just give me the evidence of what was predicted to happen and then happened, is this too much to ask?[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been travelling.

Here is a nice article talking about making projections about the climate future, and there are some links towards the end regarding accuracy of past projections about precipitation etc.

Some others (follow the links if you want to drill down/don't accept the source, etc).

Global surface temperatures.

More on warming and accuracy.

Sea level rise.

Otherwise, let me know which predictions/projections in the media you find overblown, and we can get back to what the research actually says.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hey Ape.

You have an admirer.

http://i.imgur.com/C0DZsLN.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
You missed the "nationalist" bit. Easy to do.
The book I read did acknowledge this point.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Politically-In ... 1596986492

Though if you do not have time for that, alternative reading material is available:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbarians-Boo ... HK9P9K6B25

nb Amazon's recommendations on that page - seem to define 'guilt by association' (and certainly give me pause as to who I am listening to).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Why is it that Amazon's offer to "look inside" resonated so with your second option?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

The recent climate change skepticism drivel also probably has to do with the influx of the Trump, Truther, Identitarian, Conspiracist connection. Fortunately, Potholer54 is at it ...

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's either a brilliant 4-D chess strategy or incompetence on my part.

I reckon you will be able to figure out which one.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Even recreational have seen first hand the changes going on.

Striper run is coming earlier and occurring later ( when they go to their winter grounds.) ocean water is warmer than it used to be.) go back thirty years, the fishery was done by the end of November, and you never heard of late December surf fishing in NJ,not to mention size and bag limits that keep getting larger and smaller respectively.

Something is going on.
These changes are real, but they're predominantly due to the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (AMO), a natural oscillation in the average Northern hemisphere Atlantic Ocean surface temperature.

https://cdn.theconversation.com/files/8 ... zr6dkt.png

We've been in a warm cycle since the mid-90's, but 30 years ago we were in a sharp cooling phase of the AMO, hence the different fishing seasons then. Indications are that we're about to flip back to a cooling phase. Climate change activists are preparing their excuses as we speak.
Keep picking those cherries. They are very tasty.

You realise that there are a whole lot of sub systems nested within the global system, don't you? The El Nino system, for example, is one of those. You should also realise that the global mass energy balance is increasing, which means that you will see this oscillation of systems like these lie on an upwards temperature trend. Even detrended, you will see a rise in the minimum and maximum temperatures.

You also mentioned something earlier about the Turkish glaciers being a buffer and that it will still keep precipitating so no worries, and you throw about words like dynamical systems, but don't seem to understand the implications.

The glacier, as a stock of ice (a state variable if you like) is a buffer in that it decouples the inflow (precipitation) from the outflow (melting) in both space and time. The stock of ice grows if the rate of precipitation (and compaction/freezing) is greater than the rate of melting. There are likely to be seasonal patterns of glacier growth and glacier loss, but a general dynamic equilibrium occurs over the decades in typical conditions.

Now, under warming conditions there are likely to be increases in the rate, extent or timing of precipitation (possibly, but not necessarily in this location) and increases in the rate of melting. Note that precipitation (increased or not) that is not compacting and freezing will also increase the rate of melt. In this situation the outflows are greater than the inflows required for glacier replenishment, and the glacier (stock) starts to diminish.

Loss of the glacier means that there will no longer be a buffer between precipitation and river flow. Some of the implications are:

Increased flooding due to increased melt (prior to complete loss), leading to impacts on infrastructure, agricultural land, etc
Changed seasonal patterns of flow affecting agriculture, urban water supply, fish triggers for breeding, etc (previously moderated by existence of the glacier)
Increased likelihood of minimum and maximum flows (previously moderated by existence of the glacier)
Exacerbation of geopolitical tensions
Etc etc

Reason enough to be concerned here, even if this wasn't happening all across the world.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Hey Ape.

You have an admirer.

http://i.imgur.com/C0DZsLN.jpg
Haha!! That's great.

Thank you for reprinting that, Brive.

So...

While bicycling at 4:30am today, I face-planted hard onto the asphalt.

After dragging my mangled bike home, I realized I wasn't wearing eyeglasses. I went back with a flashlight, only to see them being run over for the nth time.

The 1st hospital did a CT scan, where they saw what looked like hemorrhaging on one side of my brain. They packed me into an ambulance and drove me to a 2nd hospital where there was a neurosurgeon on duty. Just in case.

Then my luck took a better turn.

The 2nd hospital scanned me on their machine, and saw no evidence of hemorrhage. They guess what the doctors saw in the 1st scan were artifacts of some sort.

I didn't know that could happen :shock:

Anyhow, suddenly I was free to go. I have no broken bones, my neck hasn't been damaged, and the orbit of my left eye -- the eye recently removed, that took the bulk of the impact -- is intact. I just have a spectacular eggplant contusion and a massively sore noggin.

I simultaneously feel like wretched shit and giddy about my good fortune.

So sorry, Phil. It seems this year I'm going to be the Pit's hard luck klutz.

Fuck me :lol:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but we'd better wait until you feel a bit better.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Surely you meant to say, take two asprin and call me in the morning.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Natasha Richardson jumped up and was fine ... for an hour.

Hopefully you have passed the danger zone.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu wrote:re Chelsea & Godfrey

I remember Cory Doctorow (SF Author / Boing Boing blog co-founder) talking about how he demonstrated to his parents that he knew how to protest when he was around 5 years old. Basically, he marched up and down and repeated the slogans he had learned by rote at all the demonstrations he had been taken to.

It struck me a pure indoctrination - and creeped me out quite a bit.

Anyway I used to live near Chelsea (Sugar Works) and have been to the other one too

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5341/9550 ... a327_b.jpg
I remember being disappointed in Doctorow. The guy who wrote For the Win and Little Brother not only did not support #GamerGate, he came down on the wrong side of it.

It is not as bad as finding out about Marrion Zimmer Bradly for example but it is enough to taint all of his books for me. To the point where not only do I not want to reread them, I probably will never read any new ones.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I was reading the free online selection of Lauren Southern's book. Having watched all the recent docos on white nationalism I fear I am being ultra wary. If you replace her "western" culture with "white" the message begins to sounds uncomfortably familiar.

Is it possible, in RL activism, to separate race from western culture? I hope so. Maybe I should buy the thing and actually read it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Best of luck Ape+Lust

Hoping that any resultant personality change should it occur is for the better.

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

"While bicycling at 4:30am today ...... "

:think:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

screwtape wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Oh, thanks. So, it's dinner for one tonight.... again.

http://imgur.com/r2zaneI.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:"While bicycling at 4:30am today ...... "

Yes. That got me too. It's an hour of the day that doesn't exist.

Really?

Post by Really? »

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/353495 ... ckey-o.gif

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yup. Ironically, it's safer. The fewer cars you share the road with, the better off you are.

But all that's immaterial when you're the poster illustration for idiots who don't wear their helmets :D

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:I was reading the free online selection of Lauren Southern's book. Having watched all the recent docos on white nationalism I fear I am being ultra wary. If you replace her "western" culture with "white" the message begins to sounds uncomfortably familiar.

Is it possible, in RL activism, to separate race from western culture? I hope so. Maybe I should buy the thing and actually read it.
Hmm.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Fucking bicycles. I was riding leisurely down the road, no cars in sight, wearing my helmet, got a bug in my eye and ended up with a nasty broken leg. Got the fucking thing as a healthy exercise thing and ended up nearly a cripple.
I hate fucking bicycles.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I was reading the free online selection of Lauren Southern's book. Having watched all the recent docos on white nationalism I fear I am being ultra wary. If you replace her "western" culture with "white" the message begins to sounds uncomfortably familiar.

Hmm.
But to be fair, how is this different from any cultural writing done by and for every other culture?
The Basques have been fighting to protect their language and culture for thousands of years. They are fiercely proud of their history.
They have been occupying their corner of Europe with its lush, green valleys and rugged coastline, since well before Roman times.
No one knows where they came from. Their language, known as Euskera, has no clear links with any other known language and was spoken long before all of the Indo-European languages in the rest of Europe.
The protection and promotion of Euskera has always been at the heart of the Basque struggle.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/548545.stm

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Fucking bicycles ... I hate fucking bicycles.
This man would disagree.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... n8fZPrlxD-

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I remember being disappointed in Doctorow. The guy who wrote For the Win and Little Brother not only did not support #GamerGate, he came down on the wrong side of it.

It is not as bad as finding out about Marrion Zimmer Bradly for example but it is enough to taint all of his books for me. To the point where not only do I not want to reread them, I probably will never read any new ones.
No argument there.

Sometimes you can separate the author from the work - and sometimes their opinions leave a bad taste.

For example, I'm not following Charles Stross as closely as I had in the past - because I don't want to spoil my enjoyment on any of his new stuff.

(so that's how those damn url links work)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

MarcusAu wrote:Best of luck Ape+Lust

Hoping that any resultant personality change should it occur is for the better.

Thank you, Marcus :D

Makes me wonder if there ever was an instance where a guy stuck a blasting cap in his ear and it made him nicer. Where a detestable prick was suddenly doing the dishes and using his lunch money to feed stray animals?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
But to be fair, how is this different from any cultural writing done by and for every other culture?
The Basques have been fighting to protect their language and culture for thousands of years. They are fiercely proud of their history.
They have been occupying their corner of Europe with its lush, green valleys and rugged coastline, since well before Roman times.
No one knows where they came from. Their language, known as Euskera, has no clear links with any other known language and was spoken long before all of the Indo-European languages in the rest of Europe.
The protection and promotion of Euskera has always been at the heart of the Basque struggle.
Cultural defence is fine. I just don't want to sign-on and suddenly find I'm bunking with this mob.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... F4xwzkBZod

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Even recreational have seen first hand the changes going on.

Striper run is coming earlier and occurring later ( when they go to their winter grounds.) ocean water is warmer than it used to be.) go back thirty years, the fishery was done by the end of November, and you never heard of late December surf fishing in NJ,not to mention size and bag limits that keep getting larger and smaller respectively.

Something is going on.
These changes are real, but they're predominantly due to the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (AMO), a natural oscillation in the average Northern hemisphere Atlantic Ocean surface temperature.

https://cdn.theconversation.com/files/8 ... zr6dkt.png

We've been in a warm cycle since the mid-90's, but 30 years ago we were in a sharp cooling phase of the AMO, hence the different fishing seasons then. Indications are that we're about to flip back to a cooling phase. Climate change activists are preparing their excuses as we speak.
They've been fishing for cod off Cape Cod for the past 400 years. Now nearly all the cod have disappeared or migrated to Norway.

Do the libertarian wankers who sit inside on their fat asses all day have an ad hoc 'oscillation' to explain away that one?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Yes. That got me too. It's an hour of the day that doesn't exist.
It all depends on how you approach it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Cultural defence is fine. I just don't want to sign-on and suddenly find I'm bunking with this mob.

Still, the chick on the left is kinda hawt, in a warden-in-a-womens-prison-B-movie kinda way.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day.

I'm feeling lucky and hopeful.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 23-h455-nc

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Really? wrote:
Cultural defence is fine. I just don't want to sign-on and suddenly find I'm bunking with this mob.

I agree with you, but where is the line? And how do we adjust what is permissible for each race? We all think that this song is perfectly fine in its current form.

[youtube][/youtube]

What if you change the lyric to "I'm a Jew and I'm proud"?
"I'm mestizo and I'm proud"?
"I'm white and I'm pro--"

Uh oh.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: The 2nd hospital scanned me on their machine, and saw no evidence of hemorrhage. They guess what the doctors saw in the 1st scan were artifacts of some sort.
What kind of artifacts?
artifacts.jpg
(42.47 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I would be wary of joining any movement where a uniform is required (to say nothing of the bicycles):

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:Tomorrow is ANZAC Day.

Supercharge that wad.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Though that said - they do have some valid points:

[youtube][/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Yeah, I'm on the Pacific here. But I know better than to engage climate change deniers, homeopathy advocates and dedicated godbots. Still can't resist the call of Βigfoot believers tho...
I was responding to a post referring to the Atlantic. But there's also a Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO):
http://research.jisao.washington.edu/pd ... an2017.png

What exactly am I denying? I've already stated I agree the earth is warming, and the primary cause is very likely anthropogenic emissions of CO2. I do this because the science is pretty conclusive on it. But on most climate change issues beyond this, the science isn't conclusive at all, and it annoys me that people who should know better take catastrophic climate change as dogma, with climate change automatically to blame for just about any negative development. So is your definition of 'denier' someone who disagrees with you on any aspect of the climate change issue? If not, I again ask, what am I denying that's obviously true?
This is why I tend to stay away from the subject myself. People start attributing to you, not only things that you did not say, but things you do not believe.

For example, just mention that there was a Row over BBC climate change conference 'cover up'. What were they trying to hide?

Well, it came out eventually. a list which the BBC cannot describe as a bunch of dispassionate scientists: it’s a veritable who’s who of the green lobby Or see here for the list if you can not access The Spectator.

The above is just one small tiny detail out of all the lies and outright outrageous behavior, not to mentions the frauds, scams and schemes ginned up in service to combating climate change, providing green power, and saving the planet.

It has been a gold mine for certain corporations, guaranteed profits extracted from the public via guaranteed rates from the government. A couple of examples are the Private Hydro Power Plants in British Colombia and the Ontario Wind Turbines.

Some people here are already aware of the details. The rest of you can look it up. It is not even a secret. It has even been covered in the MSM.

*shrug*

Ask me if I would piss on a climate change advocate if they were on fire. Go on. Ask me. You know you want to.

free thoughtpolice

Matt wrote:
Do the libertarian wankers who sit inside on their fat asses all day have an ad hoc 'oscillation' to explain away that one?
They would blame overfishing and the introduction of modern trawling gear that appears to do more damage to the stocks than just the targeted catch. US and Canada attempted to regulate fishing on their own waters but years of unregulated plunder on the offshore banks by boats primarily from Europe were enough to cause a cascading population collapse.
They may also point out that cold water stocks like off of the Grand Banks have as serious a collapse as the more southerly and historically warmer Georges Banks stocks.
That is what they would say at least.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Though if you do not have time for that, alternative reading material is available:

nb Amazon's recommendations on that page - seem to define 'guilt by association' (and certainly give me pause as to who I am listening to).
Lauren Southern is Alt Right (which is clearly very far to the right). She posed with the Swedistan woman and the old tyme “black brutes rape blondes” meme, and thinks family values are being destroyed by a “cultural marxist agenda” — from an ominous group called They™. Her views have a certain Reich flavour. Hear for yourself:

[youtube][/youtube]

“The reason They™ attack the family, is because it is the first nationalist unit. Then there is the community, then the state” — Lauren Southern
video description wrote:Published on Feb 17, 2017 Angry White Men reports on news and events related to White Nationalists, Red Pillers, Dark Enlightenment thinkers, and other figures in the Alternative Right movement. In this video, Lauren Southern and Brittany Pettibone discuss how women "hit a wall" and blame the destruction of the family on "cultural Marxism."
Here the overlap from Alt Right to the MRA scene comes through. This is frequently noted as well. I first thought this was the Regressives crying wolf again, and as usual lumping everything together they don't like. But it's true.

Also, there's is no guilty by association here, not even in a figurative sense. I urged Kirbmarc already to finally look up what it actually means. If people share views, and the views are the issue, then the thing that links them is not merely an association around three corners! The fallacy exists in the first place because more often associations mean that two things have something in common.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I walked around the lake yesterday, and that artillery wasn't there…

Keating

Post by Keating »

I saw this book review that didn't give it high marks:

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Matt wrote:
They would blame overfishing and the introduction of modern trawling gear that appears to do more damage to the stocks than just the targeted catch. US and Canada attempted to regulate fishing on their own waters but years of unregulated plunder on the offshore banks by boats primarily from Europe were enough to cause a cascading population collapse.
They may also point out that cold water stocks like off of the Grand Banks have as serious a collapse as the more southerly and historically warmer Georges Banks stocks.
Yes, ad hocs that don't add up or jive with the whole picture, but they just keep Gish Galloping from one to the next.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:Saudi Arabia elected to the UN Commission on the Status of Women. :lol:

I'll let Jerry Coyne do the honors.
I suspect that KSA is trying to plan for the future and has asked for help. Putting them on the council may be just a 1st. step.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Really? wrote:

[img.]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... F4xwzkBZod[/img]
I think the problem is that very few have been prepared to stand up and defend Western Civilisation for exactly this fear, while there has been a dedicated group of Post Modernists / Marxists maliciously working to undermine and destroy it. Now that it has been damaged enough that cracks are starting to form, still the worst people are the strongest defenders. This is ironically analogous to the recent climate change discussion.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Aneris wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Lauren Southern is Alt Right (which is clearly very far to the right). She posed with the Swedistan woman and the old tyme “black brutes rape blondes” meme, and thinks family values are being destroyed by a “cultural marxist agenda” — from an ominous group called They™. Her views have a certain Reich flavour. Hear for yourself:

[youtube][/youtube]

“The reason They™ attack the family, is because it is the first nationalist unit. Then there is the community, then the state” — Lauren Southern
video description wrote:Published on Feb 17, 2017 Angry White Men reports on news and events related to White Nationalists, Red Pillers, Dark Enlightenment thinkers, and other figures in the Alternative Right movement. In this video, Lauren Southern and Brittany Pettibone discuss how women "hit a wall" and blame the destruction of the family on "cultural Marxism."
Here the overlap from Alt Right to the MRA scene comes through. This is frequently noted as well. I first thought this was the Regressives crying wolf again, and as usual lumping everything together they don't like. But it's true.

Also, there's is no guilty by association here, not even in a figurative sense. I urged Kirbmarc already to finally look up what it actually means. If people share views, and the views are the issue, then the thing that links them is not merely an association around three corners! The fallacy exists in the first place because more often associations mean that two things have something in common.
You've made all the connections. The prophecy is true.

[youtube][/youtube]

I'll bet you're the only person who has the savvy to identify all of the filthy woman-hating MRAs present in this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/CeFclav.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Yes, ad hocs that don't add up or jive with the whole picture, but they just keep Gish Galloping from one to the next.
Do you think that the collapse of NW Atlantic stocks has nothing to do overfishing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_ ... od_fishery

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

And they would be right. But we also see warm currents moving further south or north (depending on your hemisphere) affecting the productivity of fisheries and the chances of replenishment.

Global warming is an amplifier, meaning that, ceteris paribus, things will be better or worse (depending on perspective) than they were under previous conditions.

I have sympathy for jugheadnaut, davedodo, etc who say that "my chickens aren't laying and the milks gone sour. It's witches climate change" is far too simplistic. But the reality is that the data is stacking up on the effects of our changing the global heat energy balance.

Doing nothing is going to cost. Waiting for absolute confirmation, when there is huge inertia in the complex system, means that it will be too late to change anything.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

It goes deeper than you could ever imagine.

http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1492991238023.png

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm off for a walk around tropical Cairns, so no more climate change stuff from me (for a while). I'm just glad I'm not an Israeli wanting my nose pierced.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

No argument there.

Sometimes you can separate the author from the work - and sometimes their opinions leave a bad taste.

For example, I'm not following Charles Stross as closely as I had in the past - because I don't want to spoil my enjoyment on any of his new stuff.

(so that's how those damn url links work)
Stross is one of my faves also. This is why I want to know nothing about him unless it is about a new book of his.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Sargon's sounding a little different in his latest vid:

[youtube][/youtube]

I think 'carpitalism' involves profiting from investments in trout farms.

Sorry - there are not subtitles.
Another day, another guest, shilling for Alex Jones. Towards the end. Surely, that part was unauthorized, Sargon vehemently disagrees and is now angry that a guest has included it (or several other ways how this becomes “nothing” yet again). :dance:

How could Aneris overlook the cameo by the infamous nazi pug?! Dog Whistle!!!!!1!!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:

[.img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 23-h455-nc[/img]
I walked around the lake yesterday, and that artillery wasn't there…
They roll it out, miss and take it away, roll it out .....

:cdc:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

There is certainly is a correct and justifiable way to defend "Western culture", i.e. its value for freedom of speech/expression, secularism, push for science, capitalism (or mixed market approach), equal rights, and even feminism (but not 3rd wave po-mo BS), liberalism, etc.

I don't know enough about Lauren to know what angle she approaches it from.

free thoughtpolice

Kiwi wrote:
And they would be right. But we also see warm currents moving further south or north (depending on your hemisphere) affecting the productivity of fisheries and the chances of replenishment.
Complex systems that have a lot of factors that influence the outcome, no doubt on my part that global warming is a significant part.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

piginthecity wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:First off, Aneris is a dude. But you're an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass -- why let things like facts get in the way of a good screed?

Second, I think it's more 'ho look an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass here to show we're open to lager-fueled screeds about assassinating politicians, genocide-fantasy / conspiracy theories against an entire nation, idiotic trump-is-for-the-little people apologetics, and head-up-my-goatse-ass denialism of climate change.'

There's no political litmus test here, but the Pit is predominantly liberal. You're not even expressing conservative positions in a rational manner, just bitterly whining and foaming and insulting, like some sad, frustrated shut-in, moping in his BVDs surrounded by empty Carling cans, who either needs to get laid (check Elyse for open nights) or just pull the goddamn trigger with your big toe already.
I'm calling it. Dave Doo-Doo is "Creativity 73"
Ho-hum.

https://img.memesuper.com/a68921b684846 ... 0-458.jpeg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:I'm off for a walk around tropical Cairns, so no more climate change stuff from me (for a while). I'm just glad I'm not an Israeli wanting my nose pierced.
Hope it's not low tide.

That said, I'm trying to convince my wife that Palm Cove, aircon, pool and indoor/outdoor entertaining would = a fine retirement.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 48-h328-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson ponders what might have been.
And the Science March deftly fuses science and woo for a woo-ence pile of shit.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:I'm off for a walk around tropical Cairns, so no more climate change stuff from me (for a while). I'm just glad I'm not an Israeli wanting my nose pierced.
Hope it's not low tide.

That said, I'm trying to convince my wife that Palm Cove, aircon, pool and indoor/outdoor entertaining would = a fine retirement.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 48-h328-nc
Yep. I'm on croc watch. Was going to go for a swim in the lagoon, but it's raining. Damn that changing weather.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Lock and load, fire.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson ponders what might have been.
And the Science March deftly fuses science and woo for a woo-ence pile of shit.
:lol: