free thoughtpolice wrote:This Magog has some funny shit:
[youtube][/youtube]

Ahahaha. Bastards all have the last name Snow, Frost, Mackintosh

Wonder if he is a MacDonald? :lol:

jet_lagg

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:She's completely insane
How good do you think your memory is? Do you know you remember things that didn’t happen? Are there things you wish you did remember? Have you ever played a scenario over and over in your head to the point where you weren’t even sure if it happened or not?
Last night, I was in the shower and I came up with a perfect AI for today. It was fucking brilliant. I laughed and laughed as conditioner ran into my eyes. I thought about how great the discussion was going to be. You were going to LOVE this question. And I was going to love moderating the discussion. It was going to be fun and intelligent and silly and insightful.

But now all I can remember about the question was that the only words above the <–more–> tag (the part you see on the main page) were “Warning: Anus”. That’s it. And I have no idea anything that came after that.
Drugs will do that to you...

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:For some reason, Elyse Mofugly's old parenting columns are still up at Skepchick.

Her 'Tips on Parenting and Sex' post is a hoot:
Recently, on the Grounded Parents backchannel, we got to discussing sex. And how much we have it. How parenting makes sex near impossible… and I happened to drop in, a little concerned that maybe I’m parenting wrong because I have a TON of sex. Average more than once a day… usually at least 2-3 times and sometimes with people who aren’t even my husband.
[....]
Let’s stop pretending that all parents are monogamous. Maybe you’re not really able to navigate around your kids… sometimes it’s okay to be like “Hey, [partner], can you watch the kids? I gotta get my freak on tonight. I’m going out.” And you know, that is fine if that works for you. It’s also fine if it doesn’t. But seriously, it’s a good hack. It’s a complicated hack. It’s not for everyone.

But I was asked to speak about my own experiences and what my husband and I have done to make our relationship work in the bedroom. Separating parenting and bedroom duties and being able to take them on as partners. We have some clearly set boundaries. Occasionally we have not-so-clear boundaries. Once in a while someone gets hurt. But in the end, we’re pretty satisfied with the way it works for us.
Something tells me Banders doesn't 'get his freak on' very often.
Fuck, that is tragic. In other words, the toilet slave does exactly what he's fucking told. Grow a pair and kick the bitch into touch man.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Oglebart wrote:First, Houses of Parliament in London, then the Champs-Elysees in Paris. Prominent, high profile locations, just coincidence I hope.
The more they target politicians the more the problem will be dealt with. Politicians are just fucking cunts whom we are left voting for the less of two evils. Just like virtue signaling celebs they are protected from their own policies by living in gated communities. The more of them die in a terrorist attack the more they will wake up to what they are inflicting on the general public.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:
deLurch wrote:I wonder how long Elyse has been a hooker. Despite all of her prior accounts of sketchy behavior, she is so mouthy it is hard to imagine that she wouldn't be boasting of it right away and using it as a victim badge. So I am going to have to assume this is just her new low.
If sex workers were better organised they'd have expelled her long ago for bringing the profession into disrepute.
I'm sure our mechanical friend has some apposite quote from the Honest Courtesan, and more power to both of them in that regard.

But isn't there something banal about Elyse discovering her new vocation? She seems to be following an old and tired stereotype:

-mental illness/personality disorder
-lack of stable relationships/role models
-drug abuse
-alcohol abuse
-no steady employment
-small children requiring, at least, a show of attempting to provide

and in this setting sex work is a valid and respectable career? Well, at some level I'd say it's valid as it will stave off the consequences of some of the above factors, but I don't think it can be defended as a choice, when there weren't any alternatives open to her. We are actually looking at an action replay of the circumstances that led to the career choices of Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, and Mary Jane Kelly. One hopes it turns out better for Elyse and her children. If it is true that she ended up in involuntary care, I'd have to say there is a deficiency in the discharge planning process that leads her to prostitution as a means of support after discharge.
Now to be completely fair, I have known many prostitutes (just not in the biblical sense). As a junior GP in London there were several, and even in my later remote Canadian setting, there were those who found they could make ends meet a little easier by making their end meet with someone else's. Mostly practical and nice people that in other respects would meet with general approval. As long as it was a freely made and conscious decision to enter the profession, I don't see why I should complain. From what I've read, and the known circumstances, it may be that doesn't apply to Elyse. But wouldn't it just be typical of a holier-than-thou ex-Skepchick who has been forced into prostitution by an evil combination of circumstances to be the very person who tells us we must respect sex-workers' choices? I guess she has to convince herself more than us.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Your parallel is completely off-base.

Dorset Street no longer exists - thus rendering the rest of your points invalid.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:About the predictive value of climate science- they really don't know how the last ice age ended. If they can't get an accurate picture of what has already happened how can they predict future climate variation?
Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there a consensus as to what ended the last glacial period?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... t-ice-age/
Yeah. Changes in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession, followed by the increasing effect of a range of reinforcing (positive) feedback processes, including the release of CO2 stored in cold oceans, changed albedo due to darkening of formerly ice covered areas of land, etc.
Oh do fuck off, I'm fed up with hearing how the world will end because climate change bullshit. It is always "In ten years time this bullshit will happen" Chicken little propaganda shit. Don't get me wrong as I want the end of the world climate science to be true. I want the faggotty twatting lefty/liberals dying whilst they were too busy worrying about their 37 pronouns and what bathroom they were allowed to use. Though it all end in fucking nothing. Did it ever occur to you that the planet has gone thought this process before probably hundreds of times and life on this planet just evolved to the changes. With their evolution countering most effects of the climate change from the biolife on this planet. So stop worrying or just enjoy the religious and lefty/ liberal anti-science mongs getting blown the fuck out. :popcorn:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Service Dog wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Sargon interviews new media guy who makes some interesting claims about old media.

[youtube][/youtube]
Aneris wrote:Well, that escalated quickly. Luke Rudkowski is from the Alt Right party connection (of Southern, Pettibone and Cernovich), and himself a conspiracy believer. Google this guy, and you find his stuff quickly, e.g. interviews with such luminaries as David Icke.

Sargon deliberately doesn't mention any of this in the introduction, and again presents an Alt Right Trojan Horse, his typical method, to accustom his viewers to Alt Right views. No doubt, the PR team will again write some damage control. But what for? Why not admit what should be dead obvious by now.
Please click on Aneris's link & see for yourself if it supports Aneris's claim.

Then come back here & tell me the answer. And tell me what-exactly Aneris is claiming, too. Because I can't make heads or tails of it. What is "the Alt Right party connection"? Is it literally a photo of people who once met at a party? Is it a political party?

I watched bits of 2 videos with Icke & Luke Rudkowski. One was at Occupy Wall Street in 2011 where Luke said he was at the park from Day 1 & praised the Occupy Movement... not very Alt-Right sounding. The other was Luke & Icke looking at mosaics of eyes in the subway station near ground zero-- interpreting them as occult symbols. To me, that sounds like any pot smoking kid in a Che Guevara t-shirt... not particularly Alt-Right. Sounds nuts to me, but it has no less proof behind it than Aneris's NAZIS EVERYWHERE conspiracy theory.

I clicked on a Luke Rudkowski video mentioning Alex Jones... & it's Luke getting mad at Alex Jones for being an idiot, including mocking how Alex Jones talks.

RationalWiki sez Rudkowski is a blowhard supporter of Ron Paul. He certainly seems like he might be. But the link between Ron Paul libertarians & Aneris's Alt-Right boogeymen is not clear to me. Is the kid a racist?

Why-not just clearly say "Sargon lent his platform to a nut who believes in occult conspiracies", rather than try to spin Sargon's questionable decision into a deliberate" "Alt-Right Trojan Horse" conspiracy theory of yer own, Aneris?
I agree, I don't get the Aneris lovefest on the slymepit. Ho look a woman posting here will really show were not sexist as if the lefty/liberals understand logic and reason, give me a break. She is a feminist which just shows how retarded she is. She is from a authoritarian culture which is out to destroy Europe for the third time. Though muh word salad, muh vigina, seriously fuck off.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is based on Aneris having once had a dick in cheek avatar?

Guest_cbcb6630

Post by Guest_cbcb6630 »

Ho look a woman posting here
Is Aneris back to being a woman? I thought at some point it was "revealed" Aneris never made any claim to being male, female, or anything.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson assures us that having missed the Women's March she will now step up:
As for me, I’ll be at the (science) march, and I’ll be there as an unapologetically political being. Fuck Donald Trump, and fuck politicians who devalue science for their own purposes.
Options:

She has mind-mates to meet up with
The science bit is a deluded stab at meeting a 'career requirement' where the wimmin thing wasn't
The upcoming forecast is for sun, rather than the rain for the women's march
This is an opportunity to show pony her dog
Perfect forum to be handing out quiz-thing promos
She has an intentionally ironic tee shirt that would be a lovely match for her tat
There will be alcohol
She is lying and will be gaming all day.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Is this a wind-up? I saw them with Gavin McInnes, so I thought they were real.

[youtube][/youtube]

Is it just me, or do the antifa videos look like al-Qaida videos?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DaveDodo007 wrote: I don't get the Aneris lovefest on the slymepit. Ho look a woman posting here will really show were not sexist as if the lefty/liberals understand logic and reason, give me a break. She is a feminist which just shows how retarded she is. She is from a authoritarian culture which is out to destroy Europe for the third time. Though muh word salad, muh vigina, seriously fuck off.
First off, Aneris is a dude. But you're an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass -- why let things like facts get in the way of a good screed?

Second, I think it's more 'ho look an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass here to show we're open to lager-fueled screeds about assassinating politicians, genocide-fantasy / conspiracy theories against an entire nation, idiotic trump-is-for-the-little people apologetics, and head-up-my-goatse-ass denialism of climate change.'

There's no political litmus test here, but the Pit is predominantly liberal. You're not even expressing conservative positions in a rational manner, just bitterly whining and foaming and insulting, like some sad, frustrated shut-in, moping in his BVDs surrounded by empty Carling cans, who either needs to get laid (check Elyse for open nights) or just pull the goddamn trigger with your big toe already.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson assures us that having missed the Women's March she will now step up:
As for me, I’ll be at the (science) march, and I’ll be there as an unapologetically political being. Fuck Donald Trump, and fuck politicians who devalue science for their own purposes.
Options:

The science bit is a deluded stab at meeting a 'career requirement' where the wimmin thing wasn't
She has an intentionally ironic tee shirt that would be a lovely match for her tat
There will be alcohol
Sunny, 67º

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Really? wrote:Is this a wind-up? I saw them with Gavin McInnes, so I thought they were real.
I am pretty sure they are fake. The only question in my mind is if they are intending to be satire, or if they are trying to sucker in real antifa members.
-Soylent

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:Laci seems to be reaching across the aisle (or at least trying to).

- she did an interview with Blaire White and appeared on Jeff Holiday's channel playing a cad game recently

I've not watched either - due to lack of interest. But maybe these efforts will de-escalate some of the tensions she and others have towards those they deems as ideological enemies.

Perhaps the best to hope for - is for them to fade into irrelevance.
I saw some of this- she was certainly trying to build bridges so it's probably a matter of time until she's ousted from her own movement for being unclean.

One funny thing to come from the chat in the Holiday steam was the emergent meme #M'Laci, which is funny.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote: I don't get the Aneris lovefest on the slymepit. Ho look a woman posting here will really show were not sexist as if the lefty/liberals understand logic and reason, give me a break. She is a feminist which just shows how retarded she is. She is from a authoritarian culture which is out to destroy Europe for the third time. Though muh word salad, muh vigina, seriously fuck off.
First off, Aneris is a dude. But you're an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass -- why let things like facts get in the way of a good screed?

Second, I think it's more 'ho look an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass here to show we're open to lager-fueled screeds about assassinating politicians, genocide-fantasy / conspiracy theories against an entire nation, idiotic trump-is-for-the-little people apologetics, and head-up-my-goatse-ass denialism of climate change.'

There's no political litmus test here, but the Pit is predominantly liberal. You're not even expressing conservative positions in a rational manner, just bitterly whining and foaming and insulting, like some sad, frustrated shut-in, moping in his BVDs surrounded by empty Carling cans, who either needs to get laid (check Elyse for open nights) or just pull the goddamn trigger with your big toe already.
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quo ... 302866.jpg

Carling FFS, being a real ale faggot you do me a dishonour sir. :cry:

free thoughtpolice

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Really? wrote:Is this a wind-up? I saw them with Gavin McInnes, so I thought they were real.
I am pretty sure they are fake. The only question in my mind is if they are intending to be satire, or if they are trying to sucker in real antifa members.
-Soylent
They made a video to help distinguish between real antifa and posers, so that might be useful to determine whether they are for real or not.
[youtube][/youtube]

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Decent satire song.

"The Berkeley Saga #Moldylocks: The Fist and the FURious"

-Soylent

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson assures us that having missed the Women's March she will now step up:
Options:

There will be alcohol
It'll be hard to prove either way, since there will be sixteen fucking thousand identical wimmin there. She could post a photo of any one of them and I'd accept it was her.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

The RealRaven2000 channel seems to have a lot of quality satire songs:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCGvklSoCBvmG_Kanqq_TW3A

A couple more examples:

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

-Soylent

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Checked in at FA and saw that a post by irritating regular twit Sophia Sadek (would be in the running for dumbest regular if wmdkitty didn't post there) had received a scathing but highly upvoted comment referring to some other recent discussion. Checked back a few days and found this thread:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -religion/

Essentially they're a Big Pharma conspiratard who thinks psychiatrists are setting out to get patients addicted. For once it seems people aren't putting up with SS's pomo shit.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Conservative cunt's thought for the day:

When is Venezuela going to be declared 'not real socialism' because real socialism hasn't been tried yet and would obviously be awesome.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Service Dog wrote:Elyse's sex worker activism is funny, because she has so many other dogmas to juggle. In her first AMA, someone asked her opinion on sex workers (mostly black women) who refuse to serve black men.

Will she stick to her bisexual-activist guns & say sex work is a business, and should be forced to serve everyone equally-- like a wedding cake shop? Will she stick to her feminist guns...

Answer: she stuck to her blacklivesmatter/anti-police guns
If she keeps sticking to her guns, wpn't she (per the instagram posted earlier) do serious jail time? :twatson:

:hankey:

Pseudomonas

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Sunder wrote:Checked in at FA and saw that a post by irritating regular twit Sophia Sadek (would be in the running for dumbest regular if wmdkitty didn't post there) had received a scathing but highly upvoted comment referring to some other recent discussion. Checked back a few days and found this thread:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -religion/

Essentially they're a Big Pharma conspiratard who thinks psychiatrists are setting out to get patients addicted. For once it seems people aren't putting up with SS's pomo shit.
And here's some more tardery by them:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ople-that/

Some choice gold. In response to be asked for statistics to back up their shit:
Statistics is not something I would recommend. It is typically used to gloss over important information.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Hunt wrote:Reading Pharyngula, I see the League of Extraordinary Douchebags has found another witch to hunt, Jim Frenkel, whoeverthefuck he is. Perhaps the small, tentative movements of a budding new Summer of Rape?

Hope springs eternal.
He was a senior editor at the SF Book publisher Tor, accused of sexual harassment and permabanned from WisCon, currently in the (SF) news as a bunch of guests of honour at another SF con pulled out due to his presence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Frenkel
http://odysseycon.org/news.html

Pseudomonas

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:About the predictive value of climate science- they really don't know how the last ice age ended. If they can't get an accurate picture of what has already happened how can they predict future climate variation?
Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there a consensus as to what ended the last glacial period?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... t-ice-age/
Yeah. Changes in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession, followed by the increasing effect of a range of reinforcing (positive) feedback processes, including the release of CO2 stored in cold oceans, changed albedo due to darkening of formerly ice covered areas of land, etc.
Oh do fuck off, I'm fed up with hearing how the world will end because climate change bullshit. It is always "In ten years time this bullshit will happen" Chicken little propaganda shit. Don't get me wrong as I want the end of the world climate science to be true. I want the faggotty twatting lefty/liberals dying whilst they were too busy worrying about their 37 pronouns and what bathroom they were allowed to use. Though it all end in fucking nothing. Did it ever occur to you that the planet has gone thought this process before probably hundreds of times and life on this planet just evolved to the changes. With their evolution countering most effects of the climate change from the biolife on this planet. So stop worrying or just enjoy the religious and lefty/ liberal anti-science mongs getting blown the fuck out. :popcorn:
Oh you poor precious snowflake. Having to hear inconvenient scientific explanations for why the earths climate has changed in the past several billion years, is changing now, and will likely change in the future. Then consideration of why current changes will mess and are messing around with our economic production systems, which have been predicated on relatively predictable and stable climate post ice-age, and a reliance on fossil fuels.

As for the world ending? It'll be about 20 billion years after my time, so I'm not really fussed about that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pseudomonas wrote:
Hunt wrote:Reading Pharyngula, I see the League of Extraordinary Douchebags has found another witch to hunt, Jim Frenkel, whoeverthefuck he is. Perhaps the small, tentative movements of a budding new Summer of Rape?

Hope springs eternal.
He was a senior editor at the SF Book publisher Tor, accused of sexual harassment and permabanned from WisCon, currently in the (SF) news as a bunch of guests of honour at another SF con pulled out due to his presence.

Pseudomonas
But I thought that Tor was the woke SF publisher who made it clear that they are in the business of publishing boring books by PoC/WoC/ToC no matter how boring or unrelated to SF they are.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:The RealRaven2000 channel seems to have a lot of quality satire songs:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCGvklSoCBvmG_Kanqq_TW3A

A couple more examples:

Those are pretty good actually.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Yeah. Changes in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession, followed by the increasing effect of a range of reinforcing (positive) feedback processes, including the release of CO2 stored in cold oceans, changed albedo due to darkening of formerly ice covered areas of land, etc.
Oh you poor precious snowflake. Having to hear inconvenient scientific explanations for why the earths climate has changed in the past several billion years, is changing now, and will likely change in the future. Then consideration of why current changes will mess and are messing around with our economic production systems, which have been predicated on relatively predictable and stable climate post ice-age, and a reliance on fossil fuels.

As for the world ending? It'll be about 20 billion years after my time, so I'm not really fussed about that.
I have nothing against climate change which has been happening all the time in the world's 4.5 billion year history. Just give me evidence of the usual "in ten years time this will happen" actually happens. Because I keep hearing it and nothing ever occurs? Doesn't this give you pause for thought? Doesn't this tell you that the small data areas you observe truely doesn't represent the whole of the earth's atmosphere. You must be missing a few data variables here and there because your predictions are always wrong. Just give me the evidence of what was predicted to happen and then happened, is this too much to ask?

Really?

Post by Really? »

They've been on Frenkel's ass for a long time. This is Stephoknee "Has Contributed Zero Value to Humanity" Svan in 2013:
I’ve told this story several times since the events happened in 2002, but the telling has always been fairly private. That’s how these stories move, you know. However, today is a good day to say things out loud. Increasing the number of targets for backlash isn’t the worst thing a person can do, provided they’re up for it. I’m not sure I’m up for it, but I’m not sure I can handle telling these stories in private anymore either.
It was 2002. World Fantasy Convention was held in Minneapolis that year. I was there, along with the rest of my writers group and a bunch of friends who were in another writers group. One or two people had book contracts that year. We were green and a little nervous and not so terribly mature as we turned being snubbed by big editors into a faux competitive game.
The number of details I remember seems funny, but I suppose it shouldn’t. When things that are that wrong and that disappointing happen, you either try to forget them forever or they stick with you. This one stuck with me.
On the second floor of the hotel, the floor with meeting rooms, there were a number of “converational groupings”, couches and chairs around coffee tables. One of these provided a place for our crowd to meet up in all the comings and goings. Nobody had smart phones or text plans then, so it was handy to have a place where messages could be dropped and lunch crowds could be formed. Ours was also a short distance from the bathrooms, outside the main line of traffic, but somewhere that everyone had to pass at some point. There was a wooden pillar. And a big painting on the wall.
At some point, the crowd dwindled to me, my husband, a writer friend, and his wife. Due, I think, mostly to the proximity of the bathroom, Tor editor Jim Frenkel saw us. He stopped by to talk to my writer friend. This friend had several books under consideration by Frenkel. Frenkel liked the books and was moving to present them for consideration to the folks at Tor who green-light purchases.
The conversation went on for a bit. My husband and my friend’s wife wandered off to do something more interesting than talk about the publishing business. Frenkel shared some gossip. We talked about his wife, who was having a hard recovery from the car accident they’d both been in. Frenkel enthused over my friend’s books.
Then Frenkel turned his attention to me. Did I write? Oh, yes, though nothing at that point that he’d be interested in. Just short stories. Well, Frenkel considered himself the proprietary editor for my friend’s writers group. But that wasn’t my writers group. Well.
The attention to my writing was flattering. Frenkel was focused (really not his style), leaning in.
Then he asked me to tell him about my relationship to my friend. It wasn’t one of those, “So, how did the two of you meet?” moments or “How long have you known each other?” It was a matter of leaning further in and lowering his voice, focusing even more. The words were heavy.
Jim Frenkel was asking me to confide in him about my (intuited into existence) sex life. After suggesting he would be interested in my writing. While I was standing next to the friend whose career prospects were in his hands.
There is no template for what to do under those circumstances. Miss Manners doesn’t tell you how to enforce your boundaries when someone is potentially putting two people’s careers at stake. So I went with the absurd. I leaned back toward Frenkel and lowered my own voice.
“Sometimes…we send each other…emails.”
That was the end of that bit of the conversation. Frenkel has only once, in the rest of the time that I’ve seen him at conventions, expressed an interest in seeing my writing. I had to remind him that we’d met before. On the other hand, he continued to champion my friend’s work, though Tor decided not to buy it. So I got away easy.
Other people haven’t gotten away so easily. One of them, someone I admire, was sexually harassed at friends’ WisCon book launch party by Frenkel. She reported it. She was told by Tor that it was the first official report of harassment by Frenkel. Somehow all the other reports have never managed to rise to the level of “official”. So today, people started naming Frenkel as the problem, as a long-term problem.
I can’t say that what happened to me rises to the level of sexual harassment. On its own, it’s just one bit of inappropriate weirdness. But it’s weird enough that I’ve talked about for nearly 11 years, and it’s part of a pattern that I’m told has gone on longer than that.
So today I’m telling my story.
http://archive.is/n6S0v

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Here's another picture of Dave Muskrat smoking a bowl shortly before being arrested:
brother_dave.jpg
(48.18 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote: As for the world ending? It'll be about 20 billion years after my time, so I'm not really fussed about that.
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/5584 ... ildren.jpg

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This isn't the first time I've noted what strikes me as your tendency toward 'purity tests' . Your equating of the Mens' Rights Movement and Feminism is a case in point. Sure there are bitter extremists on AvFM forums and some association with the likes of Stefan Molyneaux. Seems to me that the important consideration is what the core beliefs and goals of the opinion leaders are. Paul Elam is not the brains trust of Men's Rights. The likes of Warren Farrell, Karen Straughan and Janice Fiamengo are. They are at pains to stress that they are not Meninists, but human rights advocates who believe that there are pressing issues concerning men that need resolving. The issues they are confronting, especially in Canada are far more serious than is generally accepted. There is a legal pressure group in Canada called LEAF staffed by some very unsavoury Feminists who make it their business to provide 'éxpert' testimony in court and do everything they can to set more extreme precedents using activist judges and biases in the court system. They are successfully stripping away the rights of men. There are absolutely Kafkaesque things going on in Canada. You were very quick to accuse Jordan Peterson of alarmism over his opposition to C16 and it's legal implications. On the surface it may appear that way, however the way Human Rights Tribunals operate make Peterson's concerns very real.
That's new to me. Great thought terminating clichés there, though.

I have no recollection of what you accuse me of. According to search, I mentioned Canada in context of the Kyoto Protocol in 2017, and then the last time in 2015. Peterson emerged only in 2016. I also find his views interesting. I actually agree with his opposition to special snowflake pronouns, and certainly never argued against that. I liked his discussion with Sam Harris, too.

I have less flattering views on the other names, and have my trouble with super fringe views concerning science or humanities. I was always in strong opposition to identity politics (as understood in this context here). I even also included the MRA entryists, and not just the Intersectionality crowd. But you call this “purity test” now. That's simply scepticism. Notable also the introduction of genuine thought terminating clichés, just as on the CTRL Left end.

I am also strongly against the actual identitarians, i.e. Identitarian Movement, which is known as Alt Right in the US, and roughly now refers to the nationalist Trump, Truther and Conspiracy cluster where you also find your Lauren Southern, Luke Rudkowski (Sargon's guest) and Sargon himself (generally the whole InfoWars, Prison Planet, Rebel Media connection). Yes, that's complicated, too, but there is no point for that anymore. And that uses up my word limit for a while.

free thoughtpolice

I too have a weirdly inappropriate story about Mr. Frenkel.
I was telling him about my scifi/fantasy novel about a dystopian future where demented evil feminists have conquered the world and hold witchhunt like inquisitions against men that don't slavishly follow the orders of the Queen Bee and her femtroopers.
He didn't look me directly in the eye, I suspect he was leering at my luxurious beard and impressive manrack. He said " You are an imaginative fellow, but the idea that women could create such a terrifying situation is just so far fetched it stretches the ability of people to suspend their disbelief, I'm sorry but I cannot promote your work." As he turned he said, " Now excuse me, while I go and abuse my authority as a literary agent to score some hot feminist pussy".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I saw this on Twatter and though I would share:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

So if the alt-right folk are laying the pipes for neo-Nazis, aren't Antifa and the like paving the way for Stalinism? Stalin wasn't really terribly benevolent as I recall. Don't they deserve equal condemnation?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:Was Sammy ever out of style?

[youtube][/youtube]
You're making my return trip on the subway... amazing.

I was so delighted by that song... that a huge old black hobo noticed me & reached out to shake my hand. I didnt take out my earbuds, so I dont know what he said, but I gave him a solid politician shake & kept walking car-to-car.

Tonight I went to Chinatown, got a home cooked meal matching my low carb diet, gave the gal a paperback copy of Heinlein's Podkanye of Mars. Half-intended to break up, but got laid instead. Then went over to a store that sells retro horror movie t-shirts & metal band patches. The proprietors locked-up & we stopped by to mooch a round at Fang's bar, then off to a tribute to Sailor Jerry party at Daredevil tattoo... $50 Sailor Jerry tattoos. I always wanted the Aloha monkey. But didnt go for it. The crowd was those retro rockabilly people... so it felt like Los Angeles. Then to a dive bar with a group of young metalhead psychobilly latina & asian girls... also from LA. Cute but boring. Back to my gal's to pick-up leftovers & the train home is sllllloooow.

Some disruptive ass wouldnt exit the train-ahead, in Forest Hills. Backing up the line.

Ive got Jordan Peterson's Future Offering journaling exercise open in another window. Slow going. I answer about 1 question per day. Not the program's fault. It's fine.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:Was Sammy ever out of style?

[youtube][/youtube]
You're making my return trip on the subway... amazing.

I was so delighted by that song... that a huge old black hobo noticed me & reached out to shake my hand. I didnt take out my earbuds, so I dont know what he said, but I gave him a solid politician shake & kept walking car-to-car.

Tonight I went to Chinatown, got a home cooked meal matching my low carb diet, gave the gal a paperback copy of Heinlein's Podkanye of Mars. Half-intended to break up, but got laid instead. Then went over to a store that sells retro horror movie t-shirts & metal band patches. The proprietors locked-up & we stopped by to mooch a round at Fang's bar, then off to a tribute to Sailor Jerry party at Daredevil tattoo... $50 Sailor Jerry tattoos. I always wanted the Aloha monkey. But didnt go for it. The crowd was those retro rockabilly people... so it felt like Los Angeles. Then to a dive bar with a group of young metalhead psychobilly latina & asian girls... also from LA. Cute but boring. Back to my gal's to pick-up leftovers & the train home is sllllloooow.

Some disruptive ass wouldnt exit the train-ahead, in Forest Hills. Backing up the line.

Ive got Jordan Peterson's Future Offering journaling exercise open in another window. Slow going. I answer about 1 question per day. Not the program's fault. It's fine.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:First off, Aneris is a dude. But you're an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass -- why let things like facts get in the way of a good screed?

I'm calling it. Dave Doo-Doo is "Creativity 73"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

piginthecity wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:First off, Aneris is a dude. But you're an ignorant right-wing fucktard talking out of his ass -- why let things like facts get in the way of a good screed?

I'm calling it. Dave Doo-Doo is "Creativity 73"
I always thought he was a FtB or the like troll, spouting what it thought was our lingo. Trying too hard, blurting nonsense. Seeing what it could get away with. Just gibberish and dreck.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Oh do fuck off, I'm fed up with hearing how the world will end because climate change bullshit. It is always "In ten years time this bullshit will happen" Chicken little propaganda shit. Don't get me wrong as I want the end of the world climate science to be true. I want the faggotty twatting lefty/liberals dying whilst they were too busy worrying about their 37 pronouns and what bathroom they were allowed to use. Though it all end in fucking nothing. Did it ever occur to you that the planet has gone thought this process before probably hundreds of times and life on this planet just evolved to the changes. With their evolution countering most effects of the climate change from the biolife on this planet. So stop worrying or just enjoy the religious and lefty/ liberal anti-science mongs getting blown the fuck out. :popcorn:
Do you think that the people you hate live on a different planet than you, Dave?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://pre13.deviantart.net/696e/th/pre ... 2f4ulv.jpg

Please listen to the first 5 or 10 minutes of this podcast, for a sane alternative to enlisting as a foot soldier with a bicycle helmet & a stick:
https://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/enclo ... -07_00.mp3

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

free thoughtpolice wrote: They made a video to help distinguish between real antifa and posers, so that might be useful to determine whether they are for real or not.
[youtube][/youtube]
I highly recommend this video as both comedy and SJW-ology gold. This guy is the Godfrey of Antifa but he's for real (IMHE).

Takeaway points are:

You can tell a bad Antifa chapter because they attack fellow Antifa comrades. North Shore is a bad and fake Antifa chapter.
You can tell a fascist by their music choice (Cradle of Filth is the worst)
Most sexualities have a stripy flag, but funnily enough "intersex" has a flag with a ring on it.
Jordan Peterson is on the list of bad people.
This guy can't even get Hitler's initials right.
The facebook Wow-Moji is troubling but I can't quite put my finger on why.
Using the word "nuance" marks you out as a communist. (my personal favourite)
The "Jewish community" has a gay rainbow colours on its flag but the "Islam community" doesn't. Although there is a separate "Gay Islam" flag.

There is one good point though. "Demo" is a short term for "Demonstration". I'm glad he cleared that up for me.

SRSLY this guy hasn't even got Clue One.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: First off, Aneris is a dude.
No way. Lebowski is a dude. Aneris is a Sitzpinkler.

Seriously, take a whiff of this pretentious posturing...
Aneris wrote:Apparently, there's a polish guy named that way. It's also apparently a rare female name in Middle-America. The Discordian deity is female or genderless. As I explained some time ago, I didn't have a masterplan, and just picked something that came to mind. It was originally literally a throw-away name as I didn't know the extent of the situation and was convinced we would go back to atheism quickly, and it's all some weird misunderstanding. There's also some previous reasons that were important somehow at the time, but are now totally irrelevant. The Slymepit often goes with she, because of the avatar (even though it's apparently not entirely serious, with animation and all). Everyone else typically goes with male, which makes sense, given the demographics. I never correct and just go with the flow. My stance always has been: I'm a person on the internet.
CLEARLY a result of THIS... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... a-sit-down

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Fuck I just completely fell asleep and missed a birthday party and I may be the world's worst human.

Keating

Post by Keating »

One of your kid's birthday?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Elyse & Watson getting simultaneous mid-life tattoos...
speaks volumes.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Options:

There will be alcohol

I want to see photographic evidence of Neil deGrass Tyson petting her dog or Brian Cox & Gia Milinovixh admiring her Tattoo. After all she's been telling us for years how well they know and like her.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Okay - I wuz duped by the "Boston Antifa". It is a Godfrey-style troll. Very convincing !

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Nikky Haley, completely retarded or Saudi Shill? :think:
Iran and only Iran funds terrorism and instability. The Saudis and the other GCC countries who fund countless Salafi jihadist groups are totally legit. The problem is ONLY Iran.

And Stalin was the only responsible for World War Two, Hitler did nothing wrong.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

KiwiInOz wrote: Yeah. Changes in the Earth's eccentricity, axial tilt, and precession, followed by the increasing effect of a range of reinforcing (positive) feedback processes, including the release of CO2 stored in cold oceans, changed albedo due to darkening of formerly ice covered areas of land, etc.
I'm not sure you get to say "reinforcing (positive) feedback processes" and "scientific" in the same breath.

This is really the nerve of the "climate change" debate, as I understand it. Sure, CO2 has particular laboratory effects, and those effects are bound to have some impact on the atmosphere, which is bound to have some impact on the climate. That's where the science is settled.

But those laboratory effects alone, scaled up, would be nothing to write home about, they're well within the range of tolerance.

The argument hinges on these hypothesized "reinforcing (positive) feedback processes", which supposedly exacerbate the laboratory effect.

But that's where the science is not settled. In fact it's so not settled that that's precisely where the climate models differ, and that's why they get such wildly different results.

IOW, everyone and his mother has a different model of what "reinforcing (positive) feedback processes" amount to, and their impact.

But whether they even obtain or not is in question too. At the moment, there's no evidence for them, they're not established, there's no consensus.

So here, the science is decidedly not settled, at all.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Really? wrote:
Pseudomonas wrote:

Hope springs eternal.

Pseudomonas
But I thought that Tor was the woke SF publisher who made it clear that they are in the business of publishing boring books by PoC/WoC/ToC no matter how boring or unrelated to SF they are.
A pithy summation (though there are a number of good authors published by Tor).

Note I said "was".

Pseudomonas

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Whatever else you might say about Jamie Kilstein, you can certainly say this: he knows how to go away. The little fucker is GONE.

I hope he's found eventually, so he can teach Peez, Rebecca, Lindy, Brianna, et al his superb ninja skills.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:Whatever else you might say about Jamie Kilstein, you can certainly say this: he knows how to go away. The little fucker is GONE.

I hope he's found eventually, so he can teach Peez, Rebecca, Lindy, Brianna, et al his superb ninja skills.
That might be hard in the case of Lindy West. She's pretty easy to spot in a crowd.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Whatever else you might say about Jamie Kilstein, you can certainly say this: he knows how to go away. The little fucker is GONE.

That might be hard in the case of Lindy West. She's pretty easy to spot in a crowd.
And if she did try to disappear, you could always look for the event horizon.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Aneris wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This isn't the first time I've noted what strikes me as your tendency toward 'purity tests' . Your equating of the Mens' Rights Movement and Feminism is a case in point. Sure there are bitter extremists on AvFM forums and some association with the likes of Stefan Molyneaux. Seems to me that the important consideration is what the core beliefs and goals of the opinion leaders are. Paul Elam is not the brains trust of Men's Rights. The likes of Warren Farrell, Karen Straughan and Janice Fiamengo are. They are at pains to stress that they are not Meninists, but human rights advocates who believe that there are pressing issues concerning men that need resolving. The issues they are confronting, especially in Canada are far more serious than is generally accepted. There is a legal pressure group in Canada called LEAF staffed by some very unsavoury Feminists who make it their business to provide 'éxpert' testimony in court and do everything they can to set more extreme precedents using activist judges and biases in the court system. They are successfully stripping away the rights of men. There are absolutely Kafkaesque things going on in Canada. You were very quick to accuse Jordan Peterson of alarmism over his opposition to C16 and it's legal implications. On the surface it may appear that way, however the way Human Rights Tribunals operate make Peterson's concerns very real.
That's new to me. Great thought terminating clichés there, though.

I have no recollection of what you accuse me of. According to search, I mentioned Canada in context of the Kyoto Protocol in 2017, and then the last time in 2015. Peterson emerged only in 2016. I also find his views interesting. I actually agree with his opposition to special snowflake pronouns, and certainly never argued against that. I liked his discussion with Sam Harris, too.

I have less flattering views on the other names, and have my trouble with super fringe views concerning science or humanities. I was always in strong opposition to identity politics (as understood in this context here). I even also included the MRA entryists, and not just the Intersectionality crowd. But you call this “purity test” now. That's simply scepticism. Notable also the introduction of genuine thought terminating clichés, just as on the CTRL Left end.

I am also strongly against the actual identitarians, i.e. Identitarian Movement, which is known as Alt Right in the US, and roughly now refers to the nationalist Trump, Truther and Conspiracy cluster where you also find your Lauren Southern, Luke Rudkowski (Sargon's guest) and Sargon himself (generally the whole InfoWars, Prison Planet, Rebel Media connection). Yes, that's complicated, too, but there is no point for that anymore. And that uses up my word limit for a while.
Clusters, connections and associations. I give up.

It's possible that I may be mistaken about the C16 thing. Someone accused Peterson of alarmism over the legal implications of C16 and it stuck in my mind as being you. Sorry if I was wrong about that.