Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Really? »

Hey, but at least she finally got out of the women's shelter, right? She found a job!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

HoneyWagon wrote:Just saw this
http://i.imgur.com/xde86mq.png
1 of the police officers​ today demanded I tell her whether or not I've had #srs #trans #surgery. I am pissed.
Yes yes Dannyelle, but the point is, what are you pissing with?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Protesting by smoking a bowl outside police station? Dude, you should have done like i did a thousand time before when i was a teenager and protest in the comfort of your own home. Oh wait...

Really?

Post by Really? »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
1 of the police officers​ today demanded I tell her whether or not I've had #srs #trans #surgery. I am pissed.
https://i2.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp- ... uscato.jpg

Whadaya got?

Really?

Post by Really? »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
https://i2.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp- ... uscato.jpg

Whadaya got?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Fair enough, I confess to not having expertise on the subject. It seems that the effects of methane, still don't get much coverage compared to CO2.
While molecule for molecule methane is a potent greenhouse gas, there are several good reasons why it's not as much of a concern. Both are trace gasses in the atmosphere, but methane is a trace of a trace ([CO2]=400 parts per million, [CH4]< 2 parts per million). Also, while the absorption spectrum of CO2 has a band in a region where water vapor doesn't absorb, the absorption bands of CH4 are also covered by water vapor, and since at any given moment water vapor tends to be the most dominant greenhouse gas, methane doesn't add significantly to the contribution of water vapor to the greenhouse effect while CO2 does. Finally, the half life of methane in the atmosphere is much shorter than CO2 (less than a decade vs. centuries).

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

The latest Quillette article start weak but it get more damning further on. Too much in fact that i felt the need to check if i could find credible information about the author existence to begin with. Im still a bit skeptical about it. Maybe its just the tone, the author seem to imply what happened to him is a widespread phenomenon, at least in his corner of academia. What he describe is what im afraid will happen, not what is happening right now.

Anyway, judge from yourself.
Yes, but what about the root cause of poverty? She asked again. What did she mean? Weren’t reducing disease, enhancing education, and increasing earnings critical stepping stones on the path towards greater prosperity? When I asked for clarification, she said (as if it were the most obvious thing in the world), Well, I don’t see how we’re going to eradicate poverty without getting rid of capitalism.
http://quillette.com/2017/04/20/crucibl ... n-process/

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

The latest Quillette article start weak but it get more damning further on. Too much in fact that i felt the need to check if i could find credible information about the author existence to begin with. Im still a bit skeptical about it. Maybe its just the tone, the author seem to imply what happened to him is a widespread phenomenon, at least in his corner of academia. What he describe is what im afraid will happen, not what is happening right now.

Anyway, judge from yourself.
I skimmed it, but thought the explanation might not be conspiracy but sincere legitimate advice on how to take a generic "I care about the poor" essay and make it stronger by making it personal.
It quickly dawned on me that my advisors were, for the most part, largely incapable of understanding how a wealthy White American could possibly care about impoverished Black Africans, apart perhaps from White guilt or some deeper personal connection to poverty.

In the world of the far-Left, the only sensible explanation for why one person would care about the suffering of another is that they personally identified with them on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, or gender.
His critics didn't seem to tell him "mention white's guilt", he seemed to believe that "mentioning white's guilt" would be the only proper response. He may have had others that would have been accepted just fine or even better.
When I would mention the problems posed by disease, either in my essays or in mock interviews, my reviewer would often respond with something like, and how do you view malaria as being related to structural oppression?

My honest answer is that I don’t. Structural oppression isn’t the only thing wrong with the world, and many of the major challenges facing developing nations are non-structural in nature
Did they put that in his mouth, or did he "force" them to ask that by posing in his response that he cared about all of this due to the white guilt?

He may very well be right, but it could just be Hanlon's Razor.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HoneyWagon wrote:Out of curiosity, is anything going on with Elyse Anders as of late?
I ask because there was a post on twitter with a similar name referring to the Science March (She was going after Jerry Coyne)
A friend asked if that was Elyse Anders, and I said I didn't think so...too many data points were off.
But I went and checked Elyse's twitter feed , and nothing since Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/dELYSEious/with_replies.

I searched here first, and the most recent thing I saw here was the gofundme her husband set up

No biggie. I hadnt though of her in months and this just came up
She's low-functioning BPD with other co-morbidities, and it seems her trouble with the police and antics at the hospital got her committed.

Hopefully she is receiving quality treatment and will give up the boozing, nightly ass-fucking by strangers, false rape allegations, and destroying of her children's fragile psyches.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave Muskrat is an attention whore.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

NO IDEA why the popo would ask Danielle if she was a she surgically.

Maybe this was more of a test to show how transwomen are mistreated by the patriarchy when arrested.
Any non-bigot would for sure put Danielle with all the other women.
If some of the women are also bigots and don't want Danielle there, certainly some re-education is in order.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dave Muskrat is an attention whore.
He's close to 500$ a month more than he was a couple months ago. The prospect of living off donations is becoming real. The pity party is just starting.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

HoneyWagon wrote:NO IDEA why the popo would ask Danielle if she was a she surgically.

Maybe this was more of a test to show how transwomen are mistreated by the patriarchy when arrested.
If some of the women are also bigots and don't want Danielle there, certainly some re-education is in order.
April 18th, police symbolic arrest makes it way into the news.

April 20th, Dave is arrested.

Coincidence? :D

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Sargon interviews new media guy who makes some interesting claims about old media.

[youtube][/youtube]
Aneris wrote:Well, that escalated quickly. Luke Rudkowski is from the Alt Right party connection (of Southern, Pettibone and Cernovich), and himself a conspiracy believer. Google this guy, and you find his stuff quickly, e.g. interviews with such luminaries as David Icke.

Sargon deliberately doesn't mention any of this in the introduction, and again presents an Alt Right Trojan Horse, his typical method, to accustom his viewers to Alt Right views. No doubt, the PR team will again write some damage control. But what for? Why not admit what should be dead obvious by now.
Please click on Aneris's link & see for yourself if it supports Aneris's claim.

Then come back here & tell me the answer. And tell me what-exactly Aneris is claiming, too. Because I can't make heads or tails of it. What is "the Alt Right party connection"? Is it literally a photo of people who once met at a party? Is it a political party?

I watched bits of 2 videos with Icke & Luke Rudkowski. One was at Occupy Wall Street in 2011 where Luke said he was at the park from Day 1 & praised the Occupy Movement... not very Alt-Right sounding. The other was Luke & Icke looking at mosaics of eyes in the subway station near ground zero-- interpreting them as occult symbols. To me, that sounds like any pot smoking kid in a Che Guevara t-shirt... not particularly Alt-Right. Sounds nuts to me, but it has no less proof behind it than Aneris's NAZIS EVERYWHERE conspiracy theory.

I clicked on a Luke Rudkowski video mentioning Alex Jones... & it's Luke getting mad at Alex Jones for being an idiot, including mocking how Alex Jones talks.

RationalWiki sez Rudkowski is a blowhard supporter of Ron Paul. He certainly seems like he might be. But the link between Ron Paul libertarians & Aneris's Alt-Right boogeymen is not clear to me. Is the kid a racist?

Why-not just clearly say "Sargon lent his platform to a nut who believes in occult conspiracies", rather than try to spin Sargon's questionable decision into a deliberate" "Alt-Right Trojan Horse" conspiracy theory of yer own, Aneris?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

HoneyWagon wrote:NO IDEA why the popo would ask Danielle if she was a she surgically.

My take on 420 slacktivists who protest by sitting on their asses and smoking dope, which they do every day of the year is, if you know a chemtrail nut, or somebody who thinks putting kitty litter up your ass, having it swell up 40X it's volume with liquid in your intestines and crapping it out in 'ropes' is 'bowel cleansing', you pretty much have a dedicated pothead. What's up wit dat?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sorry, should have been 'whudd up widat?'

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

End the racist #WarOnDrugs!
So Dannyelle now identifies as some kind of POC?

Whuddupwidat?

Matt Cavanaugh

The Berkeley Civil War

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Berkeley Civil War
(sung to the tune of ‘When Johnny Comes Marching Home’)

When the Trumpers march in Berkeley
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Antifa will make it nazi-free
Hurrah! Hurrah!

We’ll hit them with fists, kicks, and rocks
Bottles, bricks, and bicycle locks
And we’ll all feel smug
In the Berkeley civil war

Violence is never the way
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Unless we do it, then it’s ok
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Abolish all laws and the police too
Perfect autonomy for me and you
And we’ll all feel smug

It is not cool to slug a chick
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Why don’t the cops arrest that prick?
Hurrah! Hurrah!

It don’t matter that she hit first
Or had a firecracker in her purse
Hypocrisy rules the day

The truth to us has been revealed
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Your right to speak has been repealed
Hurrah! Hurrah!

If you reject our moral code
You’re a bigot, racist or homophobe
And we’ll all feel smug

The Trumpers are a bunch of thugs
Hurrah! Hurrah!
So it’s alright to punch their mugs
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Violence protest always works
When you’re dealing with brownshirts
Just like it did in
Weimar Germany

Anarchy is the ideal we prize
Hurrah! Hurrah!
No wonder we're so disorganized
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Yet we’ll still win and this is why
Just look what we did with Occupy!
Chaos will prevail
In the Berkelely civil war

(c) 2017 by Matt Cavanaugh

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Im sure you'll all familiar with this /pol research by now. My bold prediction. This is not the same man.

http://i.imgur.com/x3iyfe5.png

Really?

Post by Really? »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

Whuddupwidat?
Stop being an Ophelia Benson. It's just nice to see her transition is going so well.
pro-boxing-fan wrote:Im sure you'll all familiar with this /pol research by now. My bold prediction. This is not the same man.

http://i.imgur.com/x3iyfe5.png
Let's let the Berkeley police and the FBI do an investigation and find out the truth. The police should have been there to grab the guy attempting to kill another man, but they weren't at the time. So they get to do an investigation now.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Out of curiosity, is anything going on with Elyse Anders as of late?
I ask because there was a post on twitter with a similar name referring to the Science March (She was going after Jerry Coyne)
A friend asked if that was Elyse Anders, and I said I didn't think so...too many data points were off.

I searched here first, and the most recent thing I saw here was the gofundme her husband set up

She's low-functioning BPD with other co-morbidities, and it seems her trouble with the police and antics at the hospital got her committed.

Hopefully she is receiving quality treatment and will give up the boozing, nightly ass-fucking by strangers, false rape allegations, and destroying of her children's fragile psyches.
Her Instagram features her out running in a park yesterday, getting a huge new tattoo 6 days ago, & many allusions to her now being a "sex worker".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

slight improvements:

The Berkeley Civil War

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Hypocrisy rules the day

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Fighting in the street always works
Just like it did in
Weimar Germany

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Look what we did with Occupy!
Chaos will prevail

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: She's low-functioning BPD with other co-morbidities, and it seems her trouble with the police and antics at the hospital got her committed.

Her Instagram features her out running in a park yesterday, getting a huge new tattoo 6 days ago, & many allusions to her now being a "sex worker".

Well, at least now the nightly ass-fucking is putting food on the table for the kids.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

This is terrifying. Didn't she accuse Honeybanders of being a physically abusive husband? Publicly?

Now she's hanging out with him in public. Get out, Elyse! Protect your children from the threat you told us was super real!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS7LtDwh-V9 ... mofo&hl=en

CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Berkeley Civil War

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The Berkeley Civil War

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Hypocrisy rules the day

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

And we’ll all feel smug

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Violence protest always works
Just like it did in
Weimar Germany

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Hurrah! Hurrah!

Just look what we did with Occupy!
Chaos will prevail

A true renaissance man. :clap:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Really? wrote:snip
This is terrifying. Didn't she accuse Honeybanders of being a physically abusive husband? Publicly?

Now she's hanging out with him in public. Get out, Elyse! Protect your children from the threat you told us was super real!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS7LtDwh-V9 ... mofo&hl=en
What's more terrifying is that somebody would pay to have sex with her. I could see the other way 'round...

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Hmm... Felony. I guess she either totally failed at playing along with the court in order to obtain a slap on the wrist plea bargin, or she got into more trouble.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
Yea, bit of a hoot: Sokal hoax, part deux. But useful for showing the odious "conventional wisdom" that motivates many on the Left. And for suggesting that HuffPost is more like a yellow journal than not, although they did suggest correcting the errors of their ways. But, for posterity, an archive of the original post, courtesy of someone over on Reddit: https://archive.is/8wRig
Dude got sacked yesterday.

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.za/2017/04/1 ... _22046493/
Bit ambivalent about that - nice to see someone get smacked down for peddling fake news (of a sort), but think the guy was doing a public service by illustrating the lack of sense that passes for conventional wisdom in some quarters.

Interesting follow-up story where the guy was interviewed and gave some "reasons" for his spoof - some a bit incoherent or inconsistent but some a bit more credible:
"I just thought you can say almost anything you want . . . not necessarily attacking white men. I think there is a lack of fact-checking in South African journalism. I thought, would it work? And it worked." ....

Roodt explained he didn't target HuffPost specifically and that his main motivation was "the lack of fact-checking in journalism". He also identified a few stories published by South African media which he believes are inaccurate and which served as his motivation. Some of these stories were linked in the Garland blog. .... Roodt, however, argues both white and black South Africans tend to generalise about other groups and that these generalisations often go unchecked. ....

Roodt says he believes the resultant furore might lead to a debate in society about race relations and journalistic ethics. This, he added, was a good thing. ....

He repeatedly emphasised that his mission was to see what was the most outrageous piece he could get published – and his next effort was to have been a blog titled Why The Khmer Rouge Weren't All That Bad. He punted the piece to the Huffington Post but it did not get through our systems. "The Khmer Rouge is the logical destination of Marxist thought . . . in Cambodia there was no classes, everyone was equal, you couldn't even own a vegetable garden and could be shot for picking up fruit that fell from a tree. I want to see what is the silliest thing I can get published."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Curious Google Results (pozted on r/mensrights)

http://i.imgur.com/bMRfcvg.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Curious Google Results (pozted on r/mensrights)

http://i.imgur.com/bMRfcvg.png

CaptainFluffyBunny

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Hmm... Felony. I guess she either totally failed at playing along with the court in order to obtain a slap on the wrist plea bargin, or she got into more trouble.
I thought it was a felony either way, but she avoided jail. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:If he is the right bloke, the bike lock slayer teaches ETHICS..... lol.

Oh...and The Guardian continues to sink into the swamp.....here's the latest from Laurie Penny.

"Robots are racist and sexist. Just like the people who created them"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... i-language

Remember, this is the paper that brought "racist meerkats" a year ago, and now, racist and sexist ROBOTS.
Did Laurie Penny meet Steersman?
:-) I sure do get around - apparently - or my avatar does. Although she may have a point, even if she may have gone off the deep end therefrom. She said:
Recent reports have shown that machine-learning systems are picking up racist and sexist ideas embedded in the language patterns they are fed by human engineers. The idea that machines can be as bigoted as people is an uncomfortable one for anyone who still believes in the moral purity of the digital future, but there’s nothing new or complicated about it. ....
But you may remember that Microsoft tried out an AI on Twitter about a year ago, but it very quickly picked up some bad habits and had to be deleted:
A day after Microsoft introduced an innocent Artificial Intelligence chat robot to Twitter it has had to delete it after it transformed into an evil Hitler-loving, incestual sex-promoting, 'Bush did 9/11'-proclaiming robot.

Developers at Microsoft created 'Tay', an AI modelled to speak 'like a teen girl', in order to improve the customer service on their voice recognition software. They marketed her as 'The AI with zero chill' - and that she certainly is. ...

Tay also asks her followers to 'f***' her, and calls them 'daddy'. This is because her responses are learned by the conversations she has with real humans online - and real humans like to say weird stuff online and enjoy hijacking corporate attempts at PR. ....
LoL. My kind of gal ... ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jugheadnaut wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Fair enough, I confess to not having expertise on the subject. It seems that the effects of methane, still don't get much coverage compared to CO2.
While molecule for molecule methane is a potent greenhouse gas, there are several good reasons why it's not as much of a concern. Both are trace gasses in the atmosphere, but methane is a trace of a trace ([CO2]=400 parts per million, [CH4]< 2 parts per million). Also, while the absorption spectrum of CO2 has a band in a region where water vapor doesn't absorb, the absorption bands of CH4 are also covered by water vapor, and since at any given moment water vapor tends to be the most dominant greenhouse gas, methane doesn't add significantly to the contribution of water vapor to the greenhouse effect while CO2 does. Finally, the half life of methane in the atmosphere is much shorter than CO2 (less than a decade vs. centuries).
When y'all are finished worrying yourselves sick with the (not so) imminent collapse of the climate system, you might spare a thought for the prospect of the collapse of the electrical grid and, arguably, civilization along with it:

But I might point out that the PM article is from 2012, although that doesn't detract much from the seriousness of the problem.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
[.img]http://i.imgur.com/xde86mq.png[/img]
Yea. Though one might suggest that the real point is what type of gamete he's able to produce; if he's had his surgery then he can't produce either sperm or ova so he's technically neither male nor female. Helluva a state to aspire to.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Steersman wrote:snip

When y'all are finished worrying yourselves sick with the (not so) imminent collapse of the climate system, ... snip.
The climate system isn't going to collapse. It's just getting supercharged with heat energy and will behave in stronger, weaker, or different and unexpected ways depending on conditions.

Food production systems, water security, and low lying critical infrastructure/domestic residences, on the other hand, are being and will continue to be challenged by climate change. But that will only affect people. Robots will probably be ok.

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Hmm... Felony. I guess she either totally failed at playing along with the court in order to obtain a slap on the wrist plea bargin, or she got into more trouble.
I thought it was a felony either way, but she avoided jail. But my memory isn't what it used to be.
In this case that may be a good thing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Black people are terrible, erratic drivers. It is known.
So erratic that they inadvertently pick up other people's weaponry and illicit drugs from the tarmac, underway.

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:I know how you feel. I get hay fever (including from drinking beer) and it make my eyes water and I sneeze a lot. It makes me grumpy.
Luxury! My eyes get hazy and my mouth starts to water when I even see a beer... on TV!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote:

When y'all are finished worrying yourselves sick with the (not so) imminent collapse of the climate system, ... snip.
The climate system isn't going to collapse. It's just getting supercharged with heat energy and will behave in stronger, weaker, or different and unexpected ways depending on conditions.

Food production systems, water security, and low lying critical infrastructure/domestic residences, on the other hand, are being and will continue to be challenged by climate change.
The "collapse" phrase was a bit of a sardonic shot at the many, not necessarily here, who seem to be running around like Chicken Little claiming the sky is falling. I don't doubt that Man (yet I wonder why Woman should be let off the hook ...) is responsible for much of the increases in CO2 levels.

Although I remember seeing graphs that showed the yearly spikes in CO2 levels just as a result of decay in the autumn months - if just that produces a noticeable and perennial spike then one might wonder what the increased levels of cultivation have done. And that is presumably attended by increases in humidity due to irrigation - seem to recollect also that water vapour is more of a greenhouse gas than CO2 is. But if all that is the case then I rather doubt those calling for massive decreases in CO2 levels would accept that the supposed cure is to massively reduce the world's population.

I geddit that global warming may be "problematic". But going off half-cocked due to poor or badly flawed understanding of the problem and its causes may be decidedly ineffective or wasteful if not counter-productive.
KiwiInOz wrote:But that will only affect people. Robots will probably be ok.
[.youtube][/youtube]
:-) Praise Boole! The Singularity is Near! ...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Food production systems, water security, and low lying critical infrastructure/domestic residences, on the other hand, are being and will continue to be challenged by climate change. But that will only affect people. Robots will probably be ok.
One of the biggest and also one of least focused on threats from climate change could be crop failure. Just to make an example: glaciers in Turkey have shrunk by half.

Why is this important? Well, the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers both rise from mountains in Eastern Turkey. They're the main source of water for both Syria and Iraq. A reduced flow of the Tigris and the Euphrates due to glacial retreat as well as the draining of various lakes and wetlands in Eastern Turkey could very well mean crop failure in Syria and Iraq, which combined with a rising population and political, religious and social instability in the area doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Indeed there are some who already argue that is one of the ultimate causes for social phenomena which have led to civil unrest in Syria. And it could get much, much worse. If crops fail in Syria and Iraq more and more people will abandon those regions and probably head towards Europe, while the race for dwindling resources will fuel a perennial state of war and instability that could spread to Turkey, the Caucasus Region or Israel, Lebanon and Jordan (which will also be affected by global warming through the progressive drying of rivers and desertification of the area). If you think the Syrian Civil War is bad, wait for the wars to control water sources.

Hell, in China the Yellow and Yangtze rivers are drying up, potentially triggering a huge humanitarian disaster, and this area of China is relatively politically and socially stable.

Human beings could survive a progressive rise in the sea levels: we would lose important commercial and financial hubs and the effects on the global economy would terrifying but we could rebuild those cities in safer places nearby. Crop failure, desertification and lack of access to irrigation water could turn some regions into hellholes from which everybody tries to escape and could trigger international tensions that could lead to large scale wars and genocides. Indeed to a certain degree they already have, but things could get much worse.

I don't think human extinction is very likely, at least not in the short run, but civil wars, genocides, a generalized state of conflict over dwindling resources could be imminent. Millions if not billions of mouths to feed which cannot be fed adequately could trigger large scale wars, even potentially nuclear wars. Climate change could be THE destabilizing factor in international politics, along with demographic dynamics.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
The Isis terrorist who murdered a policeman and severely wounded two others on the Champs Elysee in Paris tonight was sentenced to 20 years in prison for trying to kill officers in 2003.

Identified as Karim C. and using the ‘nom de guerre’ (war name) ‘Abu Yousuf the Belgian’, the 39-year-old had also made dark threats to kill more police using Telegram, the instant messaging service.The France-born killer lived in Chelles, a commuter town close to Paris in the Seine-et-Marne department.
So he tried the same thing 14 years ago, was a known Islamist and somehow got early release.
We don't know about his sexual proclivities, only that he tried to kill someone by telegram.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

One of the biggest and also one of least focused on threats from climate change could be crop failure. Just to make an example: glaciers in Turkey have shrunk by half.

Why is this important? Well, the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers both rise from mountains in Eastern Turkey. They're the main source of water for both Syria and Iraq. A reduced flow of the Tigris and the Euphrates due to glacial retreat as well as the draining of various lakes and wetlands in Eastern Turkey could very well mean crop failure in Syria and Iraq, which combined with a rising population and political, religious and social instability in the area doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Indeed there are some who already argue that is one of the ultimate causes for social phenomena which have led to civil unrest in Syria. And it could get much, much worse. If crops fail in Syria and Iraq more and more people will abandon those regions and probably head towards Europe, while the race for dwindling resources will fuel a perennial state of war and instability that could spread to Turkey, the Caucasus Region or Israel, Lebanon and Jordan (which will also be affected by global warming through the progressive drying of rivers and desertification of the area). If you think the Syrian Civil War is bad, wait for the wars to control water sources.

Hell, in China the Yellow and Yangtze rivers are drying up, potentially triggering a huge humanitarian disaster, and this area of China is relatively politically and socially stable.

Human beings could survive a progressive rise in the sea levels: we would lose important commercial and financial hubs and the effects on the global economy would terrifying but we could rebuild those cities in safer places nearby. Crop failure, desertification and lack of access to irrigation water could turn some regions into hellholes from which everybody tries to escape and could trigger international tensions that could lead to large scale wars and genocides. Indeed to a certain degree they already have, but things could get much worse.

I don't think human extinction is very likely, at least not in the short run, but civil wars, genocides, a generalized state of conflict over dwindling resources could be imminent. Millions if not billions of mouths to feed which cannot be fed adequately could trigger large scale wars, even potentially nuclear wars. Climate change could be THE destabilizing factor in international politics, along with demographic dynamics.
Yes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

feathers wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:I know how you feel. I get hay fever (including from drinking beer) and it make my eyes water and I sneeze a lot. It makes me grumpy.
Luxury! My eyes get hazy and my mouth starts to water when I even see a beer... on TV!
I see your problem. The remote control won't bring it over and place it on the table next to you.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

Whuddupwidat?
Why not? If he's supposed to be a woman they he might as well be black too.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

*then

feathers

Post by feathers »

I think what's relatively 'new' in the discussion is how much cattle, esp. cows, contribute to the total warming effect. If only we could collect cow belches...

feathers

Post by feathers »

[quote="HoneyWagon"]Just saw this

Some people smoke too much hashtag.

feathers

Post by feathers »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:http://i.imgur.com/x3iyfe5.png
He will be, when he gets out. He will be.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote:Oh Boy - The second largest city in Michigan is Grand Rapids. It is a 2.5 hour drive from Detroit and is much more right leaning than many cities. Crime is low. Unemployment is low. Religiosity is high.

It is changing and becoming more liberal. They have a really cool public art fair called Art Prize... very hip and cool.

So... anyway. The cops what to be seen as "progressive" and this is the word the police chief used in an interview. They studied police stops by race. And, of course, blacks are stopped at twice the rate as whites as a proportion of the population. As a devout racist, my first reaction was... "Well, that's just about right because blacks do about twice the crime." But no..... the cops in Grand Rapids are racist and now they are getting special training. Haha. It's like the whole country has some kind of brain virus. No one thinks it is possible that blacks do crime at twice the rate of whites.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 100674808/
Black people are terrible, erratic drivers. It is known.
They sure are in Detroit. Holy shit. It is like a driving trip thru Beirut when you drive thru some black neighborhoods in Detroit. Wow! The shit iv'e seen...haha. Running stop signs and lights. Stopping in the middle of a busy avenue to talk to you drug dealer friend. Cutting people off, not proceeding on lights, not following lanes. Fucking chaos. And you can't bitch at drivers because you are afraid you will be shot. ------ true stories from Detroit.
Sound just like our South African mini-bus taxi drivers. I've been passed on the right at an intersection with my right indicators on, had 2 taxis full of school children pass me at speed in a traffic circle, one behind the other. Frequently see taxis drive up the middle of the road to pass the q at a red light and jump the lights. Seen a taxi pull into the middle of a very busy intersection to offload passengers. We had a serious accident here where a taxi full of school children crashed at such speed that they found a body over a garden wall. A dickhead I knew from Johannesburg pulled up to a taxi that had cut him off and gestured to the driver with a .45, whereupon a couple of AK's were pointed back at him. We used to have taxi wars where rival operators would drive by and spray the opposition with AK fire.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Schmoking weed, schmoking weed...

Drinking bee-yah, drinking bee-yah.

http://imgur.com/Qu0sqpG.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ape+lust wrote:Schmoking weed, schmoking weed...

Drinking bee-yah, drinking bee-yah.

http://imgur.com/Qu0sqpG.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I love me some jay and Silent Bob)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Can't these people have their mid-life nervous breakdowns in private?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

[youtube][/youtube]

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

feathers wrote:

Wait wait wait. But if they got arrested...

Doesn't that mean the war on drugs isn't racist?

I swear to fuck. As someone who thinks the war on (some) drugs needs to end now, people like this need to go the fuck away.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

feathers wrote:

Wait wait wait. But if they got arrested...

Doesn't that mean the war on drugs isn't racist?

I swear to fuck. As someone who thinks the war on (some) drugs needs to end now, people like this need to go the fuck away.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Kirbmarc wrote:

The situation is not nearly as clear cut as you are presenting. While glacier runoff may appear to be the direct source to the lakes and streams that form the source of the Tigris and Euphrates, the ultimate source is precipitation, with the glacier acting as a buffer. Even a static appearing glacier is in a state of dynamic equilibrium with melt at the edges replaced by snowpack from precipitation. If a river depended solely on the water currently in a glacier, no glacier would last long, especially the dinky ones you're referring to. Let's say the glaciers do disappear. There will still be rain and snow in the mountains, the mountain lakes and streams will still fill, and the Tigris and Euphrates will continue to flow. There could easily be some issues. Without the glacier acting as a buffer, there may be greater seasonal variation in the flow of the rivers, and the river system may be more susceptible to drought. There may be no significant problem, small but manageable problems, or serious problems. We just don't know at this point.
Kirbmarc wrote: Indeed there are some who already argue that is one of the ultimate causes for social phenomena which have led to civil unrest in Syria. And it could get much, much worse. If crops fail in Syria and Iraq more and more people will abandon those regions and probably head towards Europe, while the race for dwindling resources will fuel a perennial state of war and instability that could spread to Turkey, the Caucasus Region or Israel, Lebanon and Jordan (which will also be affected by global warming through the progressive drying of rivers and desertification of the area). If you think the Syrian Civil War is bad, wait for the wars to control water sources.
Yes there are always "some who argue" that global warming is to blame for any new problem that arises. In this case, the melting glaciers would be causing increased river flow for the time being, so would not be responsible for current crop failures, or those in the recent past. While drought was a past global warming bogeyman, there currently is no consensus on whether global warming will result in increased drought or increased rainfall, with the IPCC AR5 stating there is no global-scale observed trend in drought or dryness, and previous conclusions about drought were 'overstated'.
Kirbmarc wrote: Hell, in China the Yellow and Yangtze rivers are drying up, potentially triggering a huge humanitarian disaster, and this area of China is relatively politically and socially stable.

Again, environmental activists quick to pounce on global warming as the source of any problem. The known issues in China are hugely increased water utilization in the population centers and poor water management by the government. What impact, if any, the relatively small warming we've seen so far has had on these rivers is highly speculative.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Reading Pharyngula, I see the League of Extraordinary Douchebags has found another witch to hunt, Jim Frenkel, whoeverthefuck he is. Perhaps the small, tentative movements of a budding new Summer of Rape?

Hope springs eternal.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Aneris wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:PS I'm not so sure that old media is conspiring against the new.

The formula appears to be outrage = clicks = $.

Also, if the market is not growing then there is a limit to the number of advertiser dollars - so if they can decrease someone else's share - there is more for them.

They can either be true believers (ie think that the youtube community is really full of anti-semites, racists and sexists) or cynical to be motivated in this way.

No conspiring necessary.
Sargon interviews new media guy who makes some interesting claims about old media.

[youtube][/youtube]
Well, that escalated quickly. Luke Rudkowski is from the Alt Right party connection (of Southern, Pettibone and Cernovich), and himself a conspiracy believer. Google this guy, and you find his stuff quickly, e.g. interviews with such luminaries as David Icke.

Sargon deliberately doesn't mention any of this in the introduction, and again presents an Alt Right Trojan Horse, his typical method, to accustom his viewers to Alt Right views. No doubt, the PR team will again write some damage control. But what for? Why not admit what should be dead obvious by now.
Why not listen to what Sargon himself has to say. He is forthright about the reasons why he concentrates on criticism of the loony left rather than the loony right and his personal politics are far from right wing. I agree with him that the regressives are currently an order of magnitude more dangerous than the right, not least due to their holding political sway in some Western countries. They have been an insidious force creeping in under cover of the hard to argue against principal of social justice and are now actively subverting the law to take away rights that have been enshrined in law for centuries. Sargon obviously prefers to find common cause on the issue he finds most pressing. You can argue that knowledge of Rudkowski's Truther tendencies would be useful in evaluating his critical thinking faculties, but that knowledge is not very useful in evaluating his general honesty. Libertarians like Southern try to hold to a policy of tolerating diversity of opinion, so to tar them with unrelated beliefs of people they associate with over a common cause is wrongheaded IMO and coming dangerously close to identity politics. I am not a fan of Lauren Southern, Crowder etc. I regard them as allies in that they are able to understand and articulate the lunacy of the SJW's. Some of their other beliefs are crazy as far as I'm concerned, but I believe them to be decent people very far removed from being fascists.

This isn't the first time I've noted what strikes me as your tendency toward 'purity tests' . Your equating of the Mens' Rights Movement and Feminism is a case in point. Sure there are bitter extremists on AvFM forums and some association with the likes of Stefan Molyneaux. Seems to me that the important consideration is what the core beliefs and goals of the opinion leaders are. Paul Elam is not the brains trust of Men's Rights. The likes of Warren Farrell, Karen Straughan and Janice Fiamengo are. They are at pains to stress that they are not Meninists, but human rights advocates who believe that there are pressing issues concerning men that need resolving. The issues they are confronting, especially in Canada are far more serious than is generally accepted. There is a legal pressure group in Canada called LEAF staffed by some very unsavoury Feminists who make it their business to provide 'éxpert' testimony in court and do everything they can to set more extreme precedents using activist judges and biases in the court system. They are successfully stripping away the rights of men. There are absolutely Kafkaesque things going on in Canada. You were very quick to accuse Jordan Peterson of alarmism over his opposition to C16 and it's legal implications. On the surface it may appear that way, however the way Human Rights Tribunals operate make Peterson's concerns very real.

Guest_c5edfffc

Post by Guest_c5edfffc »

Aneris did link the source video for anyone who wants to watch it... clearly she intended for anyone interested to listen to Sargon.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Guest_c5edfffc wrote:Aneris did link the source video for anyone who wants to watch it... clearly she intended for anyone interested to listen to Sargon.
Sounds like she's laying the pipes for a neo-nazi agenda...