Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Pseudomonas

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Pseudomonas »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Well if Matt is looking for a new dog...

...does anyone know of someone that is not really suited to being an owner?

And I'm sure a rural rather than an urban environment is better for a dog too.
Are you suggesting an intervention? Beats my plan.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h272-nc
Problem with your plan is that the block lands on the organism at the wrong end of the lead...

Pseudomonas

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Having difficulty posting.

Just ignore this, it's just a test.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Pit kill.

Where's my bounty?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A study in skepticism: The Irene Clennell Case

On the 2nd of March, many articles appeared about the plight of Irene Clennell, who claimed to have lived in the UK since 1988, to have been married to a British citizen for 27 years and to have been forcibly deported to Singapore without a warning and with no money, heavily implying that the reason why she was deported was merely because she wasn't a British citizen.

Here's an article which appeared on the Guardian.
Irene Clennel wrote:My husband, John, who I help care for, is a British citizen. I have British children and a grandchild. If I can be taken away from my home in a County Durham village to a detention centre in Scotland overnight, and then spirited out of the country on a Sunday when there was no access to legal advice, what chance does anyone else have?
Clennel also claimed to have been "treated like a terrorist" and accused the British institutions of treating honest people like her like criminals:
Irene Clennel wrote:Everything that took place last weekend was the latest step in a long story of an immigration system that provides no adequate support to claimants, and does its best to treat honest people like liars and thieves. For some time now, I have filled out long and complex application forms repeatedly, only to be told that I have been given the wrong form or that the application is invalid for some technical reason.
Clennel enjoyed significant financial support due to her story:
Irene Clennel wrote:The Home Office’s legal position seems to be that it is in the public interest to override my right to a family life. Yet from the British public I have received nothing but sympathy and kindness. Messages of support have flooded in from people I have never met. The appeal set up on my behalf has now raised over £50,000, more than double its initial target. This is invaluable – I was forced out with just £12 in my pocket. And I am lucky to have access to a secure roof over my head, thanks to my sister, who has three children and is currently sleeping on the sofa. I would certainly not have been able to afford the costs of legal advice otherwise.
The story was widely shared on social media and attracted considerable attention. However poignantly told the story is, though, there are some questions which skeptics should ask themselves, chiefly why was Clennel deported, which significantly isn't specified in her article.

Interestingly enough, a blog post seems to cast doubts over the accuracy of Clennel's claims and suggest a reason for her deportation:
Q:Is it true that Irene Clennell has lived in the UK for 30 years as reported in Buzzfeed?

A: No, it isn't! Here are the facts. Irene lived in the UK from 1988 to 1992 (4 years) before the whole family moved to Singapore from 1992 to 1998. She then stayed on in Singapore whilst her husband returned to the UK with their two children - the reason why she stayed on was because her elderly parents were in poor health and needed caring for. The returned to the UK from 2003 to 2005 (a further 2 years), but then she returns to Singapore after that. She then returns to the UK in 2013 and she stayed here until she was deported a few days ago (a further 4 years). So let's do the maths kids: what is 4 + 4 + 2 = ? That makes 10. Can you count? She lived in the UK for 10 years, not 30.
Q: So is Angela - Irene's sister-in-law, a scammer? Is she breaking the law by raising money by cooking up a version of the story that isn't true at all, by claiming that Irene had lived in the country for 30 years when Irene had spent less than 10 years in the UK? How can she do that - lie to the public like that? Isn't that downright illegal?

A: It is clear that Angela has lied and that she has succeeded in swaying public sympathy on the basis of a lie - if she had been truthful, then I doubt the public reaction would be one of sympathy. It would have been more like, "well, this woman made a grave mistake and needs to take responsibility for her error." But now, Angela has made it look like Irene is an innocent victim but the story doesn't add up at all. There are glaring holes in the story Angela Clennell has presented: she didn't once mention how Irene willfully flouted the terms and conditions of her visa, she didn't once mention how Irene had overstayed her visitor's visa. She didn't mention anything about the time that Irene had chosen to live in Singapore (11 years at the longest stretch from 1992 to 2003) - did the details of the case conveniently slip her mind or did she deliberately lie? Oh I don't doubt that Angela Clennell is a big fat liar and the story that she presented on the GoFundMe page is nothing short of a piece of fiction. This woman isn't an intelligent fraudster at all.
Q: How did Irene mess this up so badly?

A: Irene made an assumption and in her own words, "Initially when I applied for indefinite leave to remain I got it no problem at all. So I thought when you're married down here, you're entitled to be here." She made an assumption about her right to live in the UK just because she was married to a British man. But the rules of her indefinite leave to remain clearly state that you cannot spend more than 2 years away from the UK when on this visa. If you stay away for more than 2 years, then it automatically invalidates your visa regardless of how many family members (husband, children, grandchildren etc) you may have in the UK. Irene left the UK in 1992 and only tried to return in 2003 after having spent 11 years away. Now is the number 11 bigger or smaller than 2? That's right, she violated the terms and conditions of her indefinite leave to remain visa by staying away from the UK for long 11 years. Now you can debate till the cows come home about whether 2 years is too short a grace period for someone in that position to spend away from the UK and retain that visa, but I'm not here to debate the relative merits of those rules - I'm just here to point out to you where Irene has messed up. She made an assumption rather than verifying what the rules were. Duh.
To sum it up: Irene's sister falsely claimed that Irene had continuously lived in the UK for 30 (or later 29) years, which Irene herself later heavily implied to be true, while actually she left in 1992, returned in 2003, left in 2005 and returned again in 2013. Irene Clennel explicitly violated the rules of her visa and wasn't expelled arbitrarily from the UK. She also never applied for a British citizenship.

She wasn't "treated as a criminal" because of her status as a migrant, but willingly violated the terms of her visa.

There are also some doubts about other claims she made, like the fact that the British government is splitting a close family:
Q: But this woman just wants to be with her family, the UK government is being very cruel to split up a family like that - can compassion be shown to Irene even if she did break some of the immigration rules? Can mercy be shown?

A: Irene chose to spend time away from her husband and family from the period of 1998 to 2003. She was in Singapore caring for her sick mother whilst her husband had returned to the UK with their children then. That is 5 years apart. For a woman who claimed to want to be with her family, you can look back at the period of their 27 year marriage and say, "hang on - you've only actually lived together for the period of 1990 to 1998 (8 years), then 2003 to 2005 (2 years) and then 2013 to 2017 (4 years). That makes a total of just 14 years out of a 27 year marriage - you were living together for barely half the time. How many married couples actually spend half the time they are married living 8 time zones apart? The fact that her husband John did live in Singapore from the period 1992 to 1998 shows that it wasn't impossible for John to live in Singapore and be with his wife that way. The statistics show a couple who aren't close at all, so for her to claim that she just wants to be with her family after spending half her marriage practically estranged from her husband, you can see why she has at best, a weak case as the evidence is reveals.
Or that Irene has more work and social ties to the UK rather in Singapore:
Q: But Irene claimed, "I don’t have anything in Singapore. I don’t have a house to go to, I don’t have a job. I feel closer to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law than my family in Singapore. My parents are both dead and I only have one sister there and we’re not that close. I’m British. When I’m here I feel at home. If I go to Singapore nobody will accept me there because they see me as a British woman. I wear Western clothes and my whole culture is here."

A: I'm sorry to be a bitch but Irene did spend more of her life in Singapore than the UK. Her accent is totally Singaporean - she doesn't sound British at all. She is 53 years old and lived at best 10 years in the UK, 43 years in Singapore. It seems ironic that she wants to live in the UK so badly now but that seems to contradict her actions in the past, when she passed up the chance to live in the UK and went out of her way to spend extended periods in Singapore. And it is utter bullshit that nobody will accept her as a British woman - that's fucking racist. Singapore is a big, modern, metropolis with 5.5 million people. Nobody is asking you to run for public office in Singapore or win some kind of popularity contest - you just have to settle in, find a job, find new friends like all other adults. And it's not like we're sending you to a country you know nothing about - you spent 43 years there, may I remind you Irene and by that token, you know Singapore a lot better than you'll ever know the UK where you've spent just 10 years. The remark about western clothes just takes the piss - look my mother is as Singaporean as they come and I've never ever seen her in a Cheong Sam, Sarong Kebaya or Sari. Where did she think she was being deported to - Riyadh? Tehran?
Or that she's a destitute, penniless woman who was cast out to a country where she has no ties, with no money to her name:
Q: They deported her with just £12 (S$20) in her pocket - how do they expect her to survive in Singapore?

A: Irene is not being completely honest here - she is trying to portray herself as this poor grandmother being deported, yet in the BBC interview, she admitted that, "Mrs Clennell did not apply for a British passport because Singapore does not allow dual nationality, and she needed to remain a Singapore national to live in a government flat there." So that suggests that Irene does have a HDB flat in Singapore (or at least had one in the past). Could Irene have rented a HDB flat in Singapore? That is highly unlikely as there are very strict rules to qualify for the HDB Public Rental Scheme - currently, the income ceiling is S$1500 per month, per household. And that's the 2017 income ceiling, in the 1990s, it would have been around £1000. Did she and her husband get by with less than $1000 a month in Singapore, bringing up two children? No, that seems implausible - leaving the only reason why Irene wanted to hold on to her Singaporean passport was to purchase a HDB flat. Now even back in the 1990s, those flats weren't cheap at all and some of the nicer HDB flats today can cost as over S$1 million. This suggests that Irene isn't the pitiful, penniless grandmother as suggested, but someone trying to make a property investment in Singapore in the 1990s, it was for that nice HDB flat.
Or even that there has never been a solution for Irene's problem:
Q: Surely someone along the way has uttered the words 'Surinder Singh' as a solution? Even I know it.

A: For those of you not familiar with the Surinder Singh route, it is fairly simple. John would have to live and work in another EU country for 3 months and he can legally bring Irene along there as his wife. Once they have spent 3 months there, they can then assert the rights associated with EEA citizenship and free movement to gain access to the UK while being covered by European law. It is a bizarre law but a loophole nonetheless that still remains open as this page on the government's website indicates. Even if John cannot speak another European language, he can always go to Ireland which is another English speaking EU country and get some lowly paid blue collar work, the donations (totaling over £52,000 as we speak) can cover their living expenses in Ireland for the period of three months whilst they do the 'Surinder Singh' application. It can be done and I can't imagine why they haven't considered that route.
This looks like a case where lack of skepticism, lack of research and an emotional hook have led journalists to publish and give prominence to a story which is seriously flawed at best and downright misleading at worst.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Shatterface wrote:Pit kill.

Where's my bounty?
Fucking amateur...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc wrote:
This looks like a case where lack of skepticism, lack of research and an emotional hook have led journalists to publish and give prominence to a story which is seriously flawed at best and downright misleading at worst.
Yes, it's called "journalism" these days.

Can't figure out why.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hi all. I've been very busy with personal & business matters and needed to concentrate on things in front of me, so I severely curtailed my online presence. Hopefully an exciting announcement before long on the business end!

My dog died yesterday and I needed some cheering up so I stopped by.

I'm 1,429 pages behind, and plan on commenting on most of that as I catch up.
well then, as per tradition...
[youtube][/youtube]

also, I happened-across some old pics of my family's Pet Sematary, yesterday...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hi all. I've been very busy with personal & business matters and needed to concentrate on things in front of me, so I severely curtailed my online presence. Hopefully an exciting announcement before long on the business end!

My dog died yesterday and I needed some cheering up so I stopped by.

I'm 1,429 pages behind, and plan on commenting on most of that as I catch up.
Welcome back. You have come back at a good time, with Jamie Kilstien, a "pal" of Rebecca Watson and PZ Myers, getting thrown out of the SJW cult amid (vague, predictably) accusations of shitty behaviour around women. :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

gurugeorge wrote:
Aneris wrote:The upper Nazi looks East European. The lower one looks American, appearance, possessing such items and raising the wrong arm -- cultural appropriation!
Wrong arm eh? You're suspiciously familiar with Nazi protocol ;)
Careful - accusing a Kraut of being a neo-Nazi could get them deported to Sachsenhausen or somewhere like that!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

...for 3.5 hours, on a Friday afternoon. 5/5.

http://i.imgur.com/O5EyyUQ.jpg

dogen

Post by dogen »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I sense sarcasm in Kirb's latest...
You must be wrong -- he's Swiss, and therefore has no sense of humor.

:cdc:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

dogen wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I sense sarcasm in Kirb's latest...
You must be wrong -- he's Swiss, and therefore has no sense of humor.

:cdc:
No, that's the Germans. I live in the Italian part of the Switzerland.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Welcome back. You have come back at a good time, with Jamie Kilstien, a "pal" of Rebecca Watson and PZ Myers, getting thrown out of the SJW cult amid (vague, predictably) accusations of shitty behaviour around women. :lol:
LOL^3

Further confirmation of the theory that Male Allies are lascivious creeps doing it as a ploy to get women.

Fucking hated Kilstein. An unfunny 'comedian' (sic); insufferable vegan snob -- covered in ink, obviously ignorant that tattoo artists practice on pigskin; yet another pathetic, out-of-shape manlet. (The similarity to Steve Shives is unsettling). I am seriously -- when a male feminist looks like Christopher Lambert, then I'll believe him.

All these stunned! stunned, I tell you! feminist victims are a hoot, too. So savvy and tough, yet they get suckered every time by these sleazy playahs.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Thanks for the sympathies, Phil & Brive. Yes, he was 14 and a big dog, so quite old. But we'd spent nearly every day of those past 14 years together.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Let's see if this hits the headlines:
Anti-Trump Communist Arrested For Jewish Community Center Bomb Threats

A disgraced former reporter was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Friday for several bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations around the country.

Juan Thompson, 31, was arrested in St. Louis by the FBI for making at least eight bomb threats and the cyberstalking of an ex-girlfriend. Thompson was a former reporter for The Intercept, and was fired after it was discovered that he made up sources and stories, including one about Charleston shooter Dylann Roof.
The Intercept was co-founded, by the way, by Islam-apologist Glenn Greenwald.
The criminal complaint states that threats made to the Jewish establishments across the country by Thompson were under his name and the name of his ex-girlfriend, and occurred after the relationship ended. The threats were made by both email and phone calls.

Dozens of Jewish Community Center bomb threats have occurred throughout the country since President Donald Trump’s election, and liberal groups and politicians have attacked Trump for them. The president condemned the threats during his address to Congress, but he reportedly said earlier that day, “sometimes it’s the reverse, to make people — or to make others — look bad.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/anti- ... z4aHowhZFz

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

just a suggestion ..

http://i.imgur.com/k4Tw0QJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/6TAss7G.png

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:About that Concordia bomb hoax.

Why are the dumb jerks at FTB convinced a "white man" or "Republican" was responsible?

The man arrested is named Hisham Saadi. Not sure what his background is, but I'm not convinced he is what the Baboons said he is? They might have jumped the gun, just a bit.

Fucking turdtards.

Hisham Saadi:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/201703/0 ... -saadi.png

This is the letter he sent:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=593DEC92
Artisanal is not an adjective I've seen applied to bombs before.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

It is quite common in French. "Bombe artisanale" is the equivalent of IED.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The latest comment on Jamie Kilstein. Who wouldn't want to be a a male feminist?
Nepos
3 March 2017 at 10:28 am
Helpful hint to “male feminists”–if your feelings are hurt when a woman tells you that she can’t trust you or that you can’t be a true feminist–you are part of the problem. You are indulging in male privilege.
The first step to becoming a true “male feminist” is to cultivate humility. Put aside your own feelings and empathize with others; show respect. Cultivate silence. Listen to women and think about what they say. As men in a patriarchal society, we have been conditioned to always “have the answers”, to always be in charge. Resist this conditioning. Be slow to contribute, and respect other’s boundaries. If someone asks you to stop, stop–consent applies to conversations as well as sex. And above all else, be willing to apologize.
“Destroy nothing, humble nothing… hold that which lives in the highest reverence.”

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Won't somebody THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Thompson looks text-book SJW.

The 'right' rhetoric and opinions on everything:
Makes up stories when it suits his purposes:
Digital magazine The Intercept has fired reporter Juan Thompson after discovering “a pattern of deception” in his reporting. In a note to readers, editor-in-chief Betsy Reed revealed that Thompson had fabricated quotes in several stories and created email accounts in order to impersonate people.

“Thompson went to great lengths to deceive his editors, creating an email account to impersonate a source and lying about his reporting methods,” Reed wrote.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... n-thompson

Finally falls out of favour because of abusive behaviour towards women.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Thanks for the sympathies, Phil & Brive. Yes, he was 14 and a big dog, so quite old. But we'd spent nearly every day of those past 14 years together.

Life rolls on in full circle. We started our journey in January.

As always all good things ultimately come at a cost. :?

http://i.imgur.com/K9haKfK.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Shatterface wrote:Thompson looks text-book SJW.

I wonder if he felt the feds were on to him, so he starts to push out a false narrative. This sort of trick works well for, say Russia Today and the Kremlin. Shot down a plane???? Well, start putting out lots of "conspiracies" and "theories" to deflect.

I know we shouldn't engage in the "guilt by association" stuff, but I'm glad he has an association with Greenwald, the man who constantly misrepresents and uses the "guilt by association" tactic on others, especially Sam Harris, of course.

Suck it up, Greenwald!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also a convert, sorry, revert, to Islam?
He's like the SJW singularity.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Thompson looks text-book SJW.

I wonder if he felt the feds were on to him, so he starts to push out a false narrative. This sort of trick works well for, say Russia Today and the Kremlin. Shot down a plane???? Well, start putting out lots of "conspiracies" and "theories" to deflect.

I know we shouldn't engage in the "guilt by association" stuff, but I'm glad he has an association with Greenwald, the man who constantly misrepresents and uses the "guilt by association" tactic on others, especially Sam Harris, of course.

Suck it up, Greenwald!
Plot thickens:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... e34199229/

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote:Also a convert, sorry, revert, to Islam?
Wait! A muslim accused of making threats against Jews? Not a member of the religion of peace! It must have been white supremacist false flag.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Not to be confused with Juan F Thompson, son of Hunter S Thompson...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ha. Trump has killed the Terminator.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... uqlss.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don't really get why anyone thought the Apprentice could work divorced from its base premise.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The latest comment on Jamie Kilstein. Who wouldn't want to be a a male feminist?
Nepos
Helpful hint to “male feminists”–if your feelings are hurt when a woman tells you that she can’t trust you or that you can’t be a true feminist–you are part of the problem. You are indulging in male privilege.
The first step to becoming a true “male feminist” is to cultivate humility. Put aside your own feelings and empathize with others; show respect. Cultivate silence. Listen to women and think about what they say. As men in a patriarchal society, we have been conditioned to always “have the answers”, to always be in charge. Resist this conditioning. Be slow to contribute, and respect other’s boundaries. If someone asks you to stop, stop–consent applies to conversations as well as sex. And above all else, be willing to apologize.
“Destroy nothing, humble nothing… hold that which lives in the highest reverence.”
Leopold von Sacher-Masoch would be proud.

free thoughtpolice

One reason why I doubt Trump had Russian hookers peeing on him. He's not a male feminist.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:I don't really get why anyone thought the Apprentice could work divorced from its base premise.
You mean it's no way to run a country?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:Also a convert, sorry, revert, to Islam?
Ah, the old "reverting to islam" shtick.

There are no "converts" in muslim theology: everyone is born islamic, i.e. submitted to the will of god/allah, then it's the "decadence" and "perversion" of the world "turn you away" from islam, so you're not "converting", you're simply "reverting" to your natural state (submission to god).

It's the inversion of the concept of the original sin: in christianity all people are born flawed and Jebus came to redeem them, in islam all people are born good and it's the world (due to Satan's interference) that makes them flawed, so Mo is only showing people things as they are and the path to take back to goodness.

It's a subtle point but it becomes relevant when you compare and contrast the behavior of the faithful against the faithless: christians think it's their job to show you the good news that you can be no longer flawed, because Jebus came back and have repaved the way to heaven, while muslims think that you'll just naturally come back to your natural state as long as the obstacles to your reverting to islam are removed.

So christians want you to convert and be active at spreading the "good news" with them, while muslims simply want to be in charge because that's the way of things, because all people naturally submit to god and the prophets (the most important of which is Mo) are just there to show you how it's done.

Christians killed those who were actively fighting the good news or were actively denying the power of those that Jebus had deemed worthy, while muslims killed all people who rebelled to the "natural order" of things, where god is on top (read: muslims are on top) and those deemed worthy are naturally on top.

This means that traditional christians are more violent with "heretics" and stubborn pagans, but muslims are more violent with all those who deny the natural order of things, including the muslims who are straying from the true path.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
One reason why I doubt Trump had Russian hookers peeing on him. He's not a male feminist.
:lol:

Didn't the hookers in the golden shower story just pee on the bed, though?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:Ha. Trump has killed the Terminator.

Sometimes I've wondered what would have happened if the Schwarzenegger supporters had got their way about amending the "natural born citizen" constitutional clause and Schwarzy had been elected POTUS.

If he ran for a second term he'd have had the best re-election slogan of all time:

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:Ha. Trump has killed the Terminator.

The pair had a testy exchange on social media, with Trump saying "they hired a big, big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger, to take my place, and we know how that turned out."

Schwarzenegger fired back: "I have a great idea, why don't we switch jobs?"

"You take over TV, because you're such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job," Schwarzenegger said. "And then people can finally sleep comfortably again."
Make this happen.

http://www.norvillerogers.com/wp-conten ... S-Pops.jpg

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The latest comment on Jamie Kilstein. Who wouldn't want to be a a male feminist?
Nepos
Reading all this pathetic self-abasement lately has made me realise what an apt term "toilet slave" is. Who are these fucking people? Arseholes. :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old dogs. New tricks.

http://i.imgur.com/lVKiCt9.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I don't really get why anyone thought the Apprentice could work divorced from its base premise.
You mean it's no way to run a country?
:lol: :lol:

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[.youtube][/youtube]
People too often forget or willingly ignore that Mo himself had sex with a nine year old girl. If you think that the catholic church has a child rape problem...well no significant muslim religious authority has ever condemned sexual relationships between adult men and underage girls, not even pre-puberal ones. Let that sink in.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

shoutinghorse wrote:

just a suggestion ..

http://i.imgur.com/6TAss7G.png
*Ahem*...

https://image.ibb.co/iBfbov/image.png
image upload

I think he only wants one new dog, not two.

https://image.ibb.co/gVCp8v/image.png
upload my pics

https://image.ibb.co/cSD7va/image.png

https://image.ibb.co/giCNTv/image.png

free thoughtpolice

I was talking about the herring massing in the waters near my house. Department of fisheries has been making assessments of the stocks in the area between my house and an island 5 miles away and have so far estimated 60,000 tonnes of fish. Depending on sizes I would guess that particular mass is between 1/2 billion and a billion fish.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I was talking about the herring massing in the waters near my house. Department of fisheries has been making assessments of the stocks in the area between my house and an island 5 miles away and have so far estimated 60,000 tonnes of fish. Depending on sizes I would guess that particular mass is between 1/2 billion and a billion fish.
Are those red herrings?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I wish we had a native Arab speaker here to confirm the subtitles.

Maybe the guy was just giving a recipe for falafel...

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Should we add "believes" to the list of words that are losing their meaning?

http://i.imgur.com/JU70WuB.png

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Nepos
FFS, I swear that I would vote for Adolf Hitler's ghost and support it 100% and let the world burn before a concede one blade of grass to these motherfuckering cunts.

free thoughtpolice

FFS, I swear that I would vote for Adolf Hitler's ghost and support it 100% and let the world burn before a concede one blade of grass to these motherfuckering cunts.
I would have thought you would vote for Hitler's Ghost unconditionally. :think:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Motherfucking cunts, Oops I should get my sexist epithets right.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I would have thought you would vote for Hitler's Ghost unconditionally. :think:
Hitler's ghost did nothing wrong.

free thoughtpolice

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Should we add "believes" to the list of words that are losing their meaning?

http://i.imgur.com/JU70WuB.png
In the interview where Coons was quoted saying that he also says he hasn't seen the evidence admitting it is speculation.
On the other hand, if you want see some really awkward tapdancing there is an interview on CNN right now of Carter Page by Anderson Cooper, destined to be on youtube fairly soon. It looks like there are more lies from the Trump camp to be exposed.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

At this point, I'm not surprised by any story about a gov't official using private email accounts. No, the part of that story that was shocking to me is that AOL still exists. Was he using a dial-up 1200 baud modem?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guest_a32cc8da wrote:A lack of a black James Bond will inevitably lead to terrorist attacks,
In other words: inable was I ere I saw Idris.

Matt Cavanaugh

Apotheosis On Line

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
At this point, I'm not surprised by any story about a gov't official using private email accounts. No, the part of that story that was shocking to me is that AOL still exists. Was he using a dial-up 1200 baud modem?
Pence is so tight with God, his emails are raptured up into the Cloud.

free thoughtpolice

Matt: Good to here you weren't washed away in the latest Califloods. Condolences for the passing of your buddy.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Nepos
This is how the SJWs get their "muscle".

IOW: "In order to get poon as a big fish in a relatively small pond, I will display my virtue by haranguing my fellow males and keeping them in line, this display of virtue is sure to put me higher up the ranks than the males I'm dissing, so I'm more likely to get poon."

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

2017 continues to be a tough year for the Southern Poverty Lying Law Center. They send out some silly tweet mitigating Thompson's actions on some sort of revenge plot on his girlfriend. As though that makes vandalising a Jewish cemetery NOT antisemitic. And these guys are supposed to be fucking hot on this sort of anti-racism, anti-bigotry stuff, ain't they? :think:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6CzOzbUsAAOPZZ.jpg

Anyway, they delete that tweet, and clarify.
Remember, this comes after they put Maajid Nawaz on a list of anti-Muslim extremists, a man who the SPLC should be promoting as a good example of a moderate, progressive Muslim activist. In the last week or so, there was another incident where a SPLC spokesperson lied about Nawaz at some conference, or other. I believe Nawaz is looking at legal options, but his holding his guns at the moment.

The SPLC, what a bunch of fucking regressive left, Islamist-enabling cunts.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Kirbmarc wrote:It's the inversion of the concept of the original sin: in christianity all people are born flawed and Jebus came to redeem them, in islam all people are born good and it's the world (due to Satan's interference) that makes them flawed, so Mo is only showing people things as they are and the path to take back to goodness.
Hmm, this fundamental premise is shared by the Left in all its Rousseau-derived forms - no wonder there's that strange compatibility!

You can actually find both positions in Christianity, as well as Judaism - the "gnostic" forms share the view that we are divine beings trapped in matter, divine sparks covered in husks, divine slaves who can be redeemed, etc.

And in quasi-religious politics it comes out as the two extremes of arch-conservative Hobbes - we're monsters who need taming by Leviathan - and arch-progressive Rousseau - born free but everywhere in (socially constructed) chains.

Which is why Locke's "state of nature" is the accurate one, and the classical liberal foundation is the right one. The reality is that there's a bell curve of "niceness": i.e. most of us are ok, and will naturally play nice under most circumstances (especially when we're not under stress or threat), we just need a bit of nudging in the right direction now and then; while at either extreme there are a few "sharks" (who need strong external restriction) and "saints" (who need no external restriction at all).

IOW, creatures like us can be largely left free to our own devices, but it's better to have some governance structure to enhance our natural co-operativeness (because we can sometimes slip), plus we do need to be on guard against predators and free riders.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

I should add that this makes the "divine sparks" idea a little bit closer to the truth - because the bulk of humanity (the mass in the middle who are more-or-less-ok PLUS the "saints") outweighs the small number of natural predators on the left of the bell curve.

Which is what makes progressivism ultimately the right direction overall - we just have to always have conservatism as a guarding counterpoint, so that change is done cautiously, no babies are thrown out with bathwater, social structures that took ages to build aren't thrown away on a whim, etc., etc.

i.e., classical liberalism with a slight overall bias to the Left. Preferring, overall, to think the best of people - but without being pollyannaish and foolish.