Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Gumby: I don't remember that one. :lol:

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Jan Steen wrote: But Carrier wouldn't be Carrier if he didn't respond to criticism by claiming that the reviewer's objections have already been answered in the book; Professor Tucker has just "overlooked" them. It's the classic Dunning-Kruger response.
This is almost the best assessment one could expect. It lacks merely noticing that much of what he suggests, I already did.

Sure it does, Carrier, sure it does. Keep dreaming.
Ha, Carrier is at it again, I really do find his narcissism fascinating. He must find it very puzzling that the rest of the world doesn't recognise his genius. I mean where is that Nobel Prize eh? Obviously a fix isn't it? Must be that damn patriarchy again!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Apparently the folks behind Hollaback raised $21,000 for something called Heartmob.
I gather if someone says something mean to you on the internet you can log in and get cyberhugs.
[youtube]oPI3qo_G_e8[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oglebart wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: But Carrier wouldn't be Carrier if he didn't respond to criticism by claiming that the reviewer's objections have already been answered in the book; Professor Tucker has just "overlooked" them. It's the classic Dunning-Kruger response.
This is almost the best assessment one could expect. It lacks merely noticing that much of what he suggests, I already did.

Ha, Carrier is at it again, I really do find his narcissism fascinating. He must find it very puzzling that the rest of the world doesn't recognise his genius. I mean where is that Nobel Prize eh? Obviously a fix isn't it? Must be that damn patriarchy again!
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261 ... ng-Duh.jpg

[youtube]-ciFGqXIUPU[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Apparently the folks behind Hollaback raised $21,000 for something called Heartmob.
I gather if someone says something mean to you on the internet you can log in and get cyberhugs.
Hilarious coverage from Metokur/Internet Aristocrat:

[youtube]R988WjrO398[/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I was gonna link Jim/Metokur's video on heartmob but decided against it as he caps it off with transparently goading people to sign up and troll the place.

And while I'm all in favor of trolling certain high profile assholes, I'm not so keen on being a dick to random strangers. His point, though, is that people can and probably will troll the place and the whole business model is dumb as fuck.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Apparently the folks behind Hollaback raised $21,000 for something called Heartmob.
I initially thought this was something cooked up by the likes of The Onion.

But after a little checking around, it appears to be for real. Holy shit. :shock:

It's actually for real.

If anyone out there has any evidence to the contrary, please submit it. I will be more than happy to be proven wrong on this.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Oglebart wrote:

I particularly enjoy his cognitive dissonance around Universities and tenured Academic staff.

Average Dick says this in his patreon:
Dr. Carrier has escaped the interdepartmental politics and tanking fortunes of the formal academy to write independently and pursue his interests as an educator, activist, historian, and philosopher
"Tanking fortunes", which should of course read as "I couldn't get a faculty position anywhere".

And despite this dismissive view of academia, the first line of his post on the review is to remind us that this is an actual Harvard professor taking notice of the amazing Dick. Of course, there is also the " I am published by Sheffield University" rout.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sunder wrote:I was gonna link Jim/Metokur's video on heartmob but decided against it as he caps it off with transparently goading people to sign up and troll the place.

And while I'm all in favor of trolling certain high profile assholes, I'm not so keen on being a dick to random strangers. His point, though, is that people can and probably will troll the place and the whole business model is dumb as fuck.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Sorry if you think I'm an asshole. I can't imagine most pitters would troll this deeply moronic site, as you're right. That wouldn't have a real point and would be pure cruelty of people who are probably not mentally well. Metokur does urge people to troll it, but I don't think he needed to. Perhaps his direction was a good thing; the faster Heartmob goes away, the least damage it can do.

I am disappointed that Sally Kohn, who is supposed to be a journalist and political commentator at real venues, would participate in this kind of lunacy.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I hadn't seen that you'd posted the link when I pressed Submit. Quasi-ninja I guess?

And no, I don't judge you.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Re Heartmob. Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised about this sort of crap anymore, now there are whole generations of adult toddlers that are unable to take criticism. I mean can you believe that people say mean things on the internet? Earlier someone on xbox live actually questioned my sexuality and then insulted the matriarchal side of my family! I'm still shaking, can't even, etc, etc, etc.

Really?

Post by Really? »

The Heartmob site lets you look at some of what the users call harassment and the "evidence" they list.

How is this "misogyny?"

https://iheartmob.org/home/150

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I'm honestly gobsmacked by that Heartmob thing. I can't believe that there are people so asininely vapid and sissyfied and narcissistic that they would actually need a hug app. A hug app for people who are upset that others are responding negatively to their selfies.

I hope to god it tanks.

Jesus christ.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well I kinda set myself up for this one. :lol:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Really? wrote:The Heartmob site lets you look at some of what the users call harassment and the "evidence" they list.

How is this "misogyny?"

https://iheartmob.org/home/150
I particularly enjoyed the complaint from a woman who tweeted about wanting to end white culture, complaining about being harassed by people who would like to end other cultures.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It would seem to me that if the approval of people you don't know and who don't really know your situation and are just reflexively taking your side is all it takes to perk you up, a computer could do the job just as well as a person.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Reminds me of Stuart Smalley.

[youtube]6ldAQ6Rh5ZI[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Brive1987 wrote:work in progress

http://i.imgur.com/AndFsC1.png
[/quote]

Two more key events come to mind.

First, the publication of 'The Happy Atheist'.
This is now regarded as a non-event.
At the time, however, this was PZ Myers big moment. Hitchens death had left a vacancy and Myers had been training (on Creation Museum Tricerotops') for the role of the final horseman.
My opinion both before and after publication was that if he had achieved success with that book then it would have given him the clout to cause serious damage outside his FTB fiefdom.
Of course the book failed horribly (or, rather, delightfully :lol: ) and Myers bitterness burned away at him, eventually leaving the pathetic crank we see today.

The date of the release of the book is important - August 13th 2013, five days after Myers got the biggest increase in traffic ever to his site - namely the grenade post. Myers must have known the book was tanking. There was little to no preorders on Amazon and he didn't get a single big name to write a line of praise.
Just a coincidence that he dropped the grenade post on the same week?

The other incident is when Nugent attacked the slymepit.
We may think of him now as a sealion, relentlessly pursuing Myers, but his first interaction with the slymepit came at a time when he was supportive of Myers and company.
It didn't go well for Nugent. He learned a hard lesson - namely that if you want to take on a group using lists of factual evidence of behavior on their site, it's best to avoid a group who are obsessive about that kind of thing. They will turn around and search for the same kind of evidence on your site and send it back to you tenfold.
I think it took the second conference in Dublin before he realized that Myers and Benson were unreasonable, and Justin Vacula, 'the worst person on the internet' was harmless. And if the worst person from the slymepit was harmless what does that imply about the rest?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oglebart wrote:Re Heartmob. Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised about this sort of crap anymore, now there are whole generations of adult toddlers that are unable to take criticism. I mean can you believe that people say mean things on the internet? Earlier someone on xbox live actually questioned my sexuality and then insulted the matriarchal side of my family! I'm still shaking, can't even, etc, etc, etc.
That hug app is the internet equivalent of giving out rosettes to the people who finish last. It's for people who want rewards without all the effort that goes into getting them. It's for people who loudly proclaim themselves as genderfuck pansexual demibronies with preferred pronouns because they think it automatically confers the reward of being...interesting.

'ooo i'll show my selfie to all my fwiends and they'll tell me how beautiful I am. because I deserve it. because I am beautiful fat genderqueer'

'LOL U FAT FAGIT'

'no...no...this cannot be. someone doesn't love me! I NEED HUGS! I NEED HUGS NOW BECAUSE I AM ENTITLED TO BE REWARDED!'

It's wank. It's utterly tits. It's shit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So with the heartmob video. The chic takes a bunch of pictures of herself and puts them online and is then attacked.

Question. Where did she post these pictures? Reddit? 4chan? And if that is the case you need to show some tits. Posting to other places don't make sense.

Facebook. There as suppose to be your friends. If you have a bunch of people connected to facebook that you don't know then you are using it wrong.

Twitter. Been on it for years and I have a couple of hundred people that follow me (about half don't actually they are people that follow me hoping I will follow back). I don't believe people just search twitter looking for pictures of women to attack.

Instagram Same as twitter.

It just seems to me that it isn't that hard to keep away from trolls online.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Tigzy wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Re Heartmob. Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised about this sort of crap anymore, now there are whole generations of adult toddlers that are unable to take criticism. I mean can you believe that people say mean things on the internet? Earlier someone on xbox live actually questioned my sexuality and then insulted the matriarchal side of my family! I'm still shaking, can't even, etc, etc, etc.
That hug app is the internet equivalent of giving out rosettes to the people who finish last. It's for people who want rewards without all the effort that goes into getting them. It's for people who loudly proclaim themselves as genderfuck pansexual demibronies with preferred pronouns because they think it automatically confers the reward of being...interesting.

'ooo i'll show my selfie to all my fwiends and they'll tell me how beautiful I am. because I deserve it. because I am beautiful fat genderqueer'

'LOL U FAT FAGIT'

'no...no...this cannot be. someone doesn't love me! I NEED HUGS! I NEED HUGS NOW BECAUSE I AM ENTITLED TO BE REWARDED!'

Also, I'm not sure who developed it - but it seems like state of the art coding to me:

http://nlp-addiction.com/chatbot/eliza/

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Really? wrote:

They're going to quickly get mighty sick of Melody Hensley monopolizing the place.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:So with the heartmob video. The chic takes a bunch of pictures of herself and puts them online and is then attacked.

Question. Where did she post these pictures? Reddit? 4chan? And if that is the case you need to show some tits. Posting to other places don't make sense.

Facebook. There as suppose to be your friends. If you have a bunch of people connected to facebook that you don't know then you are using it wrong.

Twitter. Been on it for years and I have a couple of hundred people that follow me (about half don't actually they are people that follow me hoping I will follow back). I don't believe people just search twitter looking for pictures of women to attack.

But this is what gets me - okay, supposing you did get genuinely upset by some trolls, why on earth would you seek recourse to an app whose community will give you a virtual hug out of duty to the TOS rather than genuine concern? It's completely insincere. It's simply a gesture. Those people dispensing those virtual hugs have no real interest in your predicament. It's all surface sympathy.

Utterly shallow. Still, like attracts like, I guess.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote:So with the heartmob video. The chic takes a bunch of pictures of herself and puts them online and is then attacked.

But this is what gets me - okay, supposing you did get genuinely upset by some trolls, why on earth would you seek recourse to an app whose community will give you a virtual hug out of duty to the TOS rather than genuine concern? It's completely insincere. It's simply a gesture. Those people dispensing those virtual hugs have no real interest in your predicament. It's all surface sympathy.

Utterly shallow. Still, like attracts like, I guess.
I am not sure it's that. I know people that just sympathize with just about anything. No what I am on aboot is I don't believe that people are just handing out in their own little corner of the interwebz and evil trolls are attacking them.

No I think it is much more likely is these are people out stirring shit. I think if you were to look at the start of the trolling it would be that most times.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote: I am not sure it's that.
Well I am, so nipples to ya.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I am not sure it's that.
Well I am, so nipples to ya.

Well your momma so fat she eats soup outside with a spoon or something!

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Really? wrote:

They're going to quickly get mighty sick of Melody Hensley monopolizing the place.
She's the President and CEO.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Take 2

Tahnks all for your suggestions. Please help me fill in remaining gaps. You can right click and save the image for a larger version.

http://i.imgur.com/yKk3Bja.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thanks Dick, I will add in the Happy A and tainted-Nugent.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

This is the woman that used heartmob to complain about getting 'harassed' for wanting to end white culture
I am blocked by her, so I guess that makes me a white supremicist :roll:

Who knew there were so many of us on twitter.

Vicious_Self

Post by Vicious_Self »

Dear Heartmob. "I sent a woman a photo of my penis and she laughed. Hugs needed"

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I hope one day these people wake up and their Twitter feed is just a blank screen because they've finally blocked everyone.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Oglebart wrote:

"This is almost the best assessment one could expect. It lacks merely noticing that much of what he suggests, I already did."

I particularly enjoy his cognitive dissonance around Universities and tenured Academic staff.

Average Dick says this in his patreon:
Dr. Carrier has escaped the interdepartmental politics and tanking fortunes of the formal academy to write independently and pursue his interests as an educator, activist, historian, and philosopher
"Tanking fortunes", which should of course read as "I couldn't get a faculty position anywhere".

And despite this dismissive view of academia, the first line of his post on the review is to remind us that this is an actual Harvard professor taking notice of the amazing Dick. Of course, there is also the " I am published by Sheffield University" rout.
If you read The Carrier's response to Tucker's review (or at least part of it, because it is interminable), you get the feeling that he genuinely wonders why he, Carrier, isn't a Harvard professor. He even manages to become condescending to Tucker.
Apart from those misreadings of the text, Tucker’s review is uniformly informative. In fact it’s a valuable adjunct to Proving History, and advances the cause of getting historians to see the importance of “com[ing] to terms with the extensive Bayesian literature” and “what it means for historiography.”
And at the end Carrier comes off as utterly deluded.
Even when he gets the book wrong, what he says in an attempt to correct it is correct! It just happens to always be what the book itself already says. So even when he criticizes the book, he is actually unknowingly praising and validating it.
Carrier will concede nothing. Absolutely nothing.
One trivial point to close with is that when Tucker says of my discussion of “general” and “particular” claims, he “would rephrase that as tokens rather than types, terminology that Carrier is not familiar with,” that’s an unwarranted inference. I actually do know those terms. I chose not to use such obscure terminology in PH because I was aiming to write for as wide an audience as possible. This is explicitly stated on page 9, where I specifically mention I shall avoid unfamiliar terminology as much as possible; and thus whenever I needed to say something, I chose the most widely familiar words available. So that’s another criticism off the mark.
I am almost sure the little creep is lying here. With a posterior probability of 0.99857869.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HunnyBunny wrote:This is the woman that used heartmob to complain about getting 'harassed' for wanting to end white culture

So am I and I am trans black. That said I think the woman does have some right to complain. I went back and ( I could be wrong) but I think this is the tweet that people are shitting on her for.
I mean really who gives a fuck?

If ehugs from strangers help her then so be it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:This is the woman that used heartmob to complain about getting 'harassed' for wanting to end white culture

That is the millionth dumb thing about this Heartmob. A real troll could sign in and find unlimited targets for screwing with on Twitter. It is clearly not anonymous if you can see who received the "harassment."

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Predictably, PZ hated The Revenant, for equally predictably stupid reasons. At this point he's just the white Armond White.

Really?

Post by Really? »

NoGodsEver wrote:Predictably, PZ hated The Revenant, for equally predictably stupid reasons. At this point he's just the white Armond White.
Let me guess. He wanted Leo to reason with the bear over some International Coffee instead of being all Patriarchal and trying to use force.

Perhaps PZ, as a devout vegan, objected to the mistreatment of an animal.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If anyone doesn't like white culture they should stop using smartphones. Let's see how many hugs they get with drums and smoke signals.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Surprisingly, around the time blockedbysteve was trending I checked and was NOT blocked by him. Am now, though, having done nothing in the interrim.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

NoGodsEver wrote:Predictably, PZ hated The Revenant, for equally predictably stupid reasons. At this point he's just the white Armond White.
That reason being other people were enjoying it.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

You'd think eventually living in the land of virtue signalling would just become intolerable.

I cannot imagine hating every film, every TV show, every novel, every piece of music, but that's the kind of life virtue signalers have to lead.

I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't fucking awful.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:If anyone doesn't like white culture they should stop using smartphones. Let's see how many hugs they get with drums and smoke signals.
Smart phones are made by Chinese people.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Brive1987 wrote:Take 2

Tahnks all for your suggestions. Please help me fill in remaining gaps. You can right click and save the image for a larger version.

Lovely, lovely. Before "Avicenna taken off FTB" on Jan 3, 2015, add something about how Hunny Bunny posted evidence on Twitter & here that he'd plagiarized, which was followed by deluge of examples from the Pit, then Hemant posted about it, then PZ defended Avicenna, then Avicenna was gone from FTB & his blog memory-holed the next day. But make it all fit in one box :)

Not sure exactly which day Hunny Bunny exploded the Avicenna thing. January 1 or 2?

Here's Hemant's blog post about it: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... lagiarism/

Really?

Post by Really? »

Any news what happened to that 9,600 Watson fleeced from stupid people? I'm sure that she'll make sure to donate the interest as well if she gives it to charity.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Brive, another black-box event might be Hitchens' death on 15 Dec 2011.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Brive1987 wrote:Take 2

Laden attempt at doxing Myekru might be worthy enough.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Cnutella wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Cnutella wrote: Kneel before Zod!

The whole Kneel before Zod thing is fucking stupid. Attack her methods and beliefs but for fuck sake a picture of Zod doesn't mean shit.
Oh shit I knew I'd forgotten something.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... 07/zod.gif
The resemblance to Ed Clint is overwhelming.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

La-Den deliberately attempting to trigger Justin Griffiths?

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:La-Den deliberately attempting to trigger Justin Griffiths?
Zvan and Canuck justifying Laden threatening Justin, and then a year later on the "anniversary" of the incident, pouring one out for the missing misunderstood mister laden.

welch

Post by welch »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:La-Den deliberately attempting to trigger Justin Griffiths?
Zvan and Canuck justifying Laden threatening Justin, and then a year later on the "anniversary" of the incident, pouring one out for the missing misunderstood mister laden.
Is laden threatening Abbie on there? how about Orac doing the same?

welch

Post by welch »

The problem Wheaton has is that he's put himself into such a neat box that any action that doesn't fit the box properly is going to be taken poorly, and by the people he'd rather slit his own throat than be not liked by. Yes, he was ratfucked by TNG, not just the fans being shits, but the people in charge too. He got screwed in many ways, but now he's in "dude, that was over a decade ago, and that still doesn't justify you being such a sanctimonious cock" territory.

He's also so far down the path of OMG WHITE PRIVILEGE that he reflexively apologizes and acknowledges it, but doesn't DO anything other than apologize and acknowledge. Which are nice things to do, sure, but fuck man, that's literally just the first step. But he never does. He's a great ally as long as your struggle requires nothing more than website posts, a tweet about <LOCATION>! I AM IN YOU, and maybe an avatar change every so often. Oh, and he may get mildly twitchy during a Q&A at a 'con. But he's not going to do anything in a meaningful sense.

However, he'll fucking apologize and acknowledge and then flog you for not doing the same no matter what you're actually doing.

It's become the best of both worlds, hasn't it, for him, and the worst in a way. Sure, he's got high priests watching his every move and flogging him the moment he blinks wrong, but all he has to do is lead off with the apology trope, and he's golden. I'm surprised he's not set it up as a header on all his post templates to save time.

"I acknowledge the problem!"
"Okay, so what are you doing next?"
"Acknowledging the problem is the first step, we have to start somewhere!"
"Agreed, so what's the next step?"
"Well, we can't do anything until you acknowledge the problem too."
"<sigh>, okay, I also acknowledge the problem!"
"Wonderful, and now we're on the way to solving it!"
"Well, I guess, so what's our next step?"
"We can't rush this. After all, you can't boil the ocean"
"You can't boil a cuppa if you never put it on the fucking stove, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?"
"I can't speak to someone so blind to the problem." <BLOCKED>
"..."

lather, rinse, repeat.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ive got:

Laden dox of Mykeru's ex. Dec 21 2012
Threatening of Griffiths. June 23 or so 2012

But no ERV's workplace threat emails. Ill add that and Hitch.

What else? Parsehold dates? PZ trolled by his own comments dates?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ive got:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Skep tickle wrote: Lovely, lovely. Before "Avicenna taken off FTB" on Jan 3, 2015, add something about how Hunny Bunny posted evidence on Twitter & here that he'd plagiarized, which was followed by deluge of examples from the Pit, then Hemant posted about it, then PZ defended Avicenna, then Avicenna was gone from FTB & his blog memory-holed the next day. But make it all fit in one box :)

Not sure exactly which day Hunny Bunny exploded the Avicenna thing. January 1 or 2?

Here's Hemant's blog post about it: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... lagiarism/
2nd of January. A quiet Friday night in with a G&T, which I nearly choked on when the google results came up for the first paragraph I checked. Such fond memories.

Really?

Post by Really? »

welch wrote:The problem Wheaton has is that he's put himself into such a neat box that any action that doesn't fit the box properly is going to be taken poorly, and by the people he'd rather slit his own throat than be not liked by. Yes, he was ratfucked by TNG, not just the fans being shits, but the people in charge too. He got screwed in many ways, but now he's in "dude, that was over a decade ago, and that still doesn't justify you being such a sanctimonious cock" territory.

He's also so far down the path of OMG WHITE PRIVILEGE that he reflexively apologizes and acknowledges it, but doesn't DO anything other than apologize and acknowledge. Which are nice things to do, sure, but fuck man, that's literally just the first step. But he never does. He's a great ally as long as your struggle requires nothing more than website posts, a tweet about <LOCATION>! I AM IN YOU, and maybe an avatar change every so often. Oh, and he may get mildly twitchy during a Q&A at a 'con. But he's not going to do anything in a meaningful sense.

However, he'll fucking apologize and acknowledge and then flog you for not doing the same no matter what you're actually doing.

It's become the best of both worlds, hasn't it, for him, and the worst in a way. Sure, he's got high priests watching his every move and flogging him the moment he blinks wrong, but all he has to do is lead off with the apology trope, and he's golden. I'm surprised he's not set it up as a header on all his post templates to save time.

"I acknowledge the problem!"
"Okay, so what are you doing next?"
"Acknowledging the problem is the first step, we have to start somewhere!"
"Agreed, so what's the next step?"
"Well, we can't do anything until you acknowledge the problem too."
"<sigh>, okay, I also acknowledge the problem!"
"Wonderful, and now we're on the way to solving it!"
"Well, I guess, so what's our next step?"
"We can't rush this. After all, you can't boil the ocean"
"You can't boil a cuppa if you never put it on the fucking stove, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?"
"I can't speak to someone so blind to the problem." <BLOCKED>
"..."

lather, rinse, repeat.
I don't think Wheaton was fucked by TNG more than twenty years ago. As I recall, he wanted off and the producers obliged. As for debating whether or not his character got strong storylines or the support of early fans? Well, he can dry his tears with the mailbox money he still gets for TNG and pretend he has done anything in the past twenty years in which he didn't play TV's Wil "Wesley Crusher" Wheaton.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Brive1987 wrote:Ive got:

September 2014 - you have an entry " ... Allison named as Shermer's" - needs "alleged victim". Also might be an idea to be more explicit with who's who; took me a while to work out who 'Allison' is.

But excellent summary, otherwise.

Pseudomonas

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here's a further adventure in the insane Mizzou students department...

"Concerned Student barges in on meeting to support Melissa Click" by Mark Schierbecker
[youtube]zRengsSqVAY[/youtube]

What a bunch of entitled temper tantrum brats!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

'LOL U FAT FAGIT'

Also, I'm not sure who developed it - but it seems like state of the art coding to me:

http://nlp-addiction.com/chatbot/eliza/
I had a go.
Human: I far
Eliza: Can you elaborate on that ?
Human: I fart
Eliza: Do you say you fart for some special reason ?
Human: Yes because my bum is full of wind
Eliza: Does that suggest anything else which belongs to you ?
Human: My anus
Eliza: Why do you say your anus ?
Human: Because that's where the farts escape.
Eliza: Why do you ask ?
Human: I don't, I know it.
Eliza: Why don't you ?
Human: Oh dear Eliza.
Eliza: Does that have anything to do with the fact that your bum is full of wind ?
Human: Yes, Eliza. Yes it does.
Eliza: I see.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Kind of want to start a petition to get Wil Wheaton to acknowledge his privilege by donating money to black women.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

Brive1987 wrote:Ive got:

Maybe the two FreeThought Kampala James Onen summaries: Elevatorgate

https://freethoughtkampala.wordpress.co ... vatorgate/

and Elevatorgate part II

https://freethoughtkampala.wordpress.co ... kepticism/

more pit specific:

https://rationalugandan.wordpress.com/2 ... slime-pit/