The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
dogen

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by dogen »

feathers wrote:Honestly, if there were the equivalent of a black hole that could suck up laziness and never let it escape, Watson would be it.
The boundary of such a black hole would have to be called the 'non-event horizon'.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:Over at FA, people are still mad at those god damned statistically insignificant Jill Stein voters. This is all their fault even though they couldn't have swung this election if they'd all cast three votes apiece for Clinton.

Remember, being an atheist makes you smarter than everyone and everything, even stupid old math.
I'm frankly fed up with all the US liberal butthurt about Trump's victory. I don't like the guy one bit, I think he's going to be an awful president whose only accidental redeeming value might (and I stress might) keeping the US out of the Middle East. But Peezus Christ, most people behave like he raped their dog to death and pissed on its corpse. And it's getting dumber every day. Everyone in the left moans at how awful he'll be so much that he just needs not to be Hitler to be better than how they paint him.

We'll likely have four years of people telling us how terrible everything he does is, even if he's just shitposting about his favorite movie. All of this while the left runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, eating itself, with the infighting up to eleven. It's Silvio Berlusconi all over again. A complete cunt who behaves like a complete cunt and everyone is so outraged that he's such a complete cunt, and nothing of value is talked about while people spend their time marching, protesting and yelling on twitter.

And Trump loves this. He's narcissistic troll, and you're only feeding the troll.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

[youtube][/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

dogen wrote:
feathers wrote:Honestly, if there were the equivalent of a black hole that could suck up laziness and never let it escape, Watson would be it.
The boundary of such a black hole would have to be called the 'non-event horizon'.
:D
Just learned from NdGT what it is.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

to these people, oppression is an ill-made latte'.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:We'll likely have four years of people telling us how terrible everything he does is, even if he's just shitposting about his favorite movie.
By the same people who got butthurt over a desperate conservative media going so far as to give Obama flack for ordering a burger with "fancy mustard" instead of good old American ketchup with a side of freedom fries.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:We'll likely have four years of people telling us how terrible everything he does is, even if he's just shitposting about his favorite movie.
By the same people who got butthurt over a desperate conservative media going so far as to give Obama flack for ordering a burger with "fancy mustard" instead of good old American ketchup with a side of freedom fries.
Agree. Politics is even more retarded in the age of social media.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Despite being completely alone in the house, I just stood for the USA National Anthem. In my defense I always stand for any national anthem.
Indeed: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Though I would draw the line at the #SaudiBarbarian one - rather odious that they have, apparently, been re-elected to chair the UN Human Rights Panel; wonder where Canada was on that. But, a lighter moment:
[.tweet][/tweet]
Welp, there is the principle of not pissing off a country that has more firepower than you ... and since all I have is a slingshot ...

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Jesus christ

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:Over at FA, people are still mad at those god damned statistically insignificant Jill Stein voters. This is all their fault even though they couldn't have swung this election if they'd all cast three votes apiece for Clinton.

Remember, being an atheist makes you smarter than everyone and everything, even stupid old math.
I'm frankly fed up with all the US liberal butthurt about Trump's victory. I don't like the guy one bit, I think he's going to be an awful president whose only accidental redeeming value might (and I stress might) keeping the US out of the Middle East. But Peezus Christ, most people behave like he raped their dog to death and pissed on its corpse. And it's getting dumber every day. Everyone in the left moans at how awful he'll be so much that he just needs not to be Hitler to be better than how they paint him.

We'll likely have four years of people telling us how terrible everything he does is, even if he's just shitposting about his favorite movie. All of this while the left runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, eating itself, with the infighting up to eleven. It's Silvio Berlusconi all over again. A complete cunt who behaves like a complete cunt and everyone is so outraged that he's such a complete cunt, and nothing of value is talked about while people spend their time marching, protesting and yelling on twitter.

And Trump loves this. He's narcissistic troll, and you're only feeding the troll.
Apropos of which:
Even by Laurie Penny's low standards, that's quite spectacularly retarded.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Apropos of which:
Penny is another troll. Takes one to know one.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

The White House website page on climate change has been taken down.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Apropos of which:
Penny is another troll. Takes one to know one.
No, Penny's not a troll. She's a true believer. She actually is that much of an imbecile.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:

We have an internal chat list at work, and there are a huge number of people running round like it's the end of the world. Fucking tards.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:The White House website page on climate change has been taken down.
I've not seen 24: Legacy yet.

Please, no spoilers.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sunder wrote:The White House website page on climate change has been taken down.
As have the pages on LGBT rights and healthcare. Maybe new, yuge pages will be up soon, and they'll be terrific, just terrific.

The direness of this may be overstated, and I fear going to Facebook to see people I know rending their garments and wailing or the other side promising to kick all the gay Mexicans out of America.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
As have the pages on LGBT rights and healthcare. Maybe new, yuge pages will be up soon, and they'll be terrific, just terrific.
Could be Russian hackers. I hear they've been busy.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

In unrelated news, Jerry puts up a post about a feminist denying the existence of sexual selection, and this comment's pretty good:
“But the quoted part below, which I’ve put in bold, suggests that the whole paradigm of sexual selection, and attendant behavioral differences between males and females, should be thrown out because of one flawed experiment…”

If we had to throw out entire paradigms and theories because of one, or even multiple, flawed studies, views like those espoused by the author of this book would be the first to go.

free thoughtpolice

Almost as busy as the Russian hookers, best in the world!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Almost as busy as the Russian hookers, best in the world!
Have you consulted Steersbot? He seems to have an opinion on such things.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Suet Cardigan wrote:http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
This was everything I wanted out of the inauguration. I'm going to make this my new wake up alarm. Thank you.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

You know, it's been said before by others but as much as I worry about the future, the right people are the most upset about this, so in that sense I'm kind of amused.

Some people I know personally are absolutely losing their shit; it's honestly a bit pathetic.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Tigzy wrote:Apropos of which:
I almost feel like the left is playing a game to see how they can take what Trump says, select the least stupid parts, and make themselves look like idiots by attacking it. "OMG he's anti-terror can you even believe that shit?"

Meanwhile over at FA, people are simply stunned that Trump has promised to put American interests first in policy because isn't that just so selfish?

Fucking hell, Trump is a soft target and so many liberals still manage to bruise their even softer heads against him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It's always the same.

A call for aspirational middle class unity (explained via nationalism) to counter the existential threat - the poor taking what you have and the rich denying you what you deserve.

Once it was dirty communists and plundering Jews. Now it's the globalised underclass and the estab.-elite.

Not a bad model. The liberal left are fucked.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
No, Penny's not a troll. She's a true believer. She actually is that much of an imbecile.
Actually, jokes asides, who the hell knows. She wrote a hilariously over the top account of a Republican convention, and Milo Yiannopoulos seems to think she's his friend. So I invoke Poe's law.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who's famous for being famous is just so naturally good at saying stupid shit that they don't even know what they really believe in anymore.

John D

Post by John D »

Sulman wrote:You know, it's been said before by others but as much as I worry about the future, the right people are the most upset about this, so in that sense I'm kind of amused.

Some people I know personally are absolutely losing their shit; it's honestly a bit pathetic.
My oldest daughter was crying at Obama's farewell speech. I wish she wasn't so upset, but she really loved the Obama rhetoric and pretty much bought all the left's praise of Obama the saint. She will be fine eventually, but it will be a while before we can talk sensibly about Trump.

My wife is all pumped about the Woman's March shit, but her health is too poor to actually make the trip. Of course, I haven't even been able to sensibly discuss the wage gap myth with her. Haha.

I am really happy Hilary lost... but Trump is a piece of shit too. He is a different kind of piece of shit... so at least it is interesting however. Lots of yucks.

I proposed a prayer for the Donald to my religious friends: "God bless Donald Trump, and my god keep him.... from fleecing the American people.... Amen."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I love it that PZ is studiously ignoring an event of probable historic import before zooming back into consciousness to cover the women's march tomorrow.

Worked for Paris attacks. Worked for the Dallas police shooting. Worked for Berlin. Selective reality. Trapped in Morris, he problem really believes the inconvenient news are like channels you can flick thru.

It's SOP now.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:The liberal left are fucked.
They're fucked if they stick with their losing tactics. There's a strong element of defeatism to the present left. They think the country's full of idiots and shitlords and thus of course they can't beat Trump. And many of them are more interested in playing victim than strategizing to win.

There are people on the left who understand what they need to do to win, and it's not hard to figure out. But it can't be done without dropping the dead weight.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
Sulman wrote:You know, it's been said before by others but as much as I worry about the future, the right people are the most upset about this, so in that sense I'm kind of amused.

My oldest daughter was crying at Obama's farewell speech. I wish she wasn't so upset, but she really loved the Obama rhetoric and pretty much bought all the left's praise of Obama the saint. She will be fine eventually, but it will be a while before we can talk sensibly about Trump.

My wife is all pumped about the Woman's March shit, but her health is too poor to actually make the trip. Of course, I haven't even been able to sensibly discuss the wage gap myth with her. Haha.

I am really happy Hilary lost... but Trump is a piece of shit too. He is a different kind of piece of shit... so at least it is interesting however. Lots of yucks.

I proposed a prayer for the Donald to my religious friends: "God bless Donald Trump, and my god keep him.... from fleecing the American people.... Amen."
Trump has a legit appeal. We all put family first. He is saying he will put America first. In front of trendy ideology that seeks to punish the first world privilege we secretly hope our kids can inherit. It's also a big "off the teat, sort your shit out" message to the rest of the western world. One that resonates with anyone who has teenagers. Whether he can do it is another question.

But the pitch has plenty of guilty hooks for the mums and dads sick of hipster politics fucking the place up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:
They're fucked if they stick with their losing tactics. There's a strong element of defeatism to the present left. They think the country's full of idiots and shitlords and thus of course they can't beat Trump. And many of them are more interested in playing victim than strategizing to win.

There are people on the left who understand what they need to do to win, and it's not hard to figure out. But it can't be done without dropping the dead weight.
As I mentioned above, the left need to understand that the average Joe is motivated by greed and fear.

They need to feed the former and minimise the latter. If there is time and treasure left over then you can engage in projects that make the world a better place. It's about being pragmatic and then sequencing the touchy-feely.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

McEwen resigned as editor of the David Brock run Hillary propaganda site Share Blue. I'm thinking she was shit canned, because I can't see her turning down a paycheck to write anti-Trump boilerplate.

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Baneposting level: God-Emperor
[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:

They'd need to focus more on real issues like local problems with the job market and the overall theme of border control. They'd need to drop the entire identity politics shtick and divorce themselves from university SJW culture and especially from the toxic bullshit of grievance/supremacist movements like Black Lives Matter. Easier said than done though. Sanders timidly started to suggest that identity politics were one of the reasons for the loss, but a complete moron from the Clinton campaign insinuated that he was a white supremacist.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Actually, jokes asides, who the hell knows. She wrote a hilariously over the top account of a Republican convention, and Milo Yiannopoulos seems to think she's his friend. So I invoke Poe's law.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who's famous for being famous is just so naturally good at saying stupid shit that they don't even know what they really believe in anymore.
She's the real deal. Precisely the kind of posh nincompoop playing at what she thinks the working class is like, and making a complete berk of herself in the process. She's been at this for quite a long time as well. If you've seen the video where she gets ripped by David Starkey, you can see she's not pretending.

Always worth a revisit, imo:

[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The direness of this may be overstated, and I fear going to Facebook to see people I know rending their garments and wailing or the other side promising to kick all the gay Mexicans out of America.
It's all at http://whitehouse.com/ now.

Or is it: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:It's always the same.

A call for aspirational middle class unity (explained via nationalism) to counter the existential threat - the poor taking what you have and the rich denying you what you deserve.

Once it was dirty communists and plundering Jews. Now it's the globalised underclass and the estab.-elite.

Not a bad model. The liberal left are fucked.
Well, it's better that having to do shit (as opposed to jack shit).

Just ask the Twatster...

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Even Snopes is telling people to calm their tits, and they're not exactly pro-Trump.
WHAT'S TRUE: The terms "LGBT" and "climate change" were absent from WhiteHouse.gov immediately after Inauguration Day 2017.

WHAT'S FALSE: The majority of content on WhiteHouse.gov was transferred to ObamaWhiteHouse.gov on Inauguration Day, and the terms "LGBT" and "climate change" were not specifically removed by Donald Trump.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

She's the real deal. Precisely the kind of posh nincompoop playing at what she thinks the working class is like, and making a complete berk of herself in the process. She's been at this for quite a long time as well. If you've seen the video where she gets ripped by David Starkey, you can see she's not pretending.

Always worth a revisit, imo:

[youtube][/youtube]
I can never get enough of that clip!

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Wild Zontargs wrote: Even Snopes is telling people to calm their tits, and they're not exactly pro-Trump.
I'll take the blame for being gullible here as I was unfamiliar with how the white house site handled archives.

katamari Damassi

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:

They'd need to focus more on real issues like local problems with the job market and the overall theme of border control. They'd need to drop the entire identity politics shtick and divorce themselves from university SJW culture and especially from the toxic bullshit of grievance/supremacist movements like Black Lives Matter. Easier said than done though. Sanders timidly started to suggest that identity politics were one of the reasons for the loss, but a complete moron from the Clinton campaign insinuated that he was a white supremacist.
The Democrats have learned nothing. The top candidate to head the DNC is Minnesota Rep Keith Ellison. He's not resigning his position so he'll be a part-timer leading the Democratic Party. Initially supported by Bernie Sanders, he's already turned a 180 on banning corporate lobbyist from the committee. They rejected Howard Dean who is the only head of the DNC to see party gains in the last 15 years or so, for this guy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Despite being completely alone in the house, I just stood for the USA National Anthem. In my defense I always stand for any national anthem.
Indeed: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Though I would draw the line at the #SaudiBarbarian one - rather odious that they have, apparently, been re-elected to chair the UN Human Rights Panel; wonder where Canada was on that. But, a lighter moment:
[.tweet][/tweet]
Welp, there is the principle of not pissing off a country that has more firepower than you ... and since all I have is a slingshot ...
I had to stand up and sing the UK national anthem the other day (as part of becoming a British citizen).

We had to do the 2nd verse too - which I have been reliably informed would only be known to German (or Axis) spies.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

This is living up to everything I hoped it would.

The wringing of hands, the rending of garments and the mind blowing hyperbole.

mmmmmm...tasty

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ Myers detects a perfect storm:
It all ends tomorrow, so I hope you’ve got plans. I’m spending it teaching — we’ve got to have people prepared to restore the lost promise. Tomorrow the TV stays off, radio (who listens to radio anymore?) is disabled, I’m boycotting all of the news, and I’m going to focus on biology prep work for the next week.

Saturday we begin the long hard slog of trying to crawl out of the slime pit we’ve dug for ourselves. And I get to spend the rest of my life ashamed to have been an American.
The Happy Atheist Spoonless Slacktivist

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
As I mentioned above, the left need to understand that the average Joe is motivated by greed and fear.

They need to feed the former and minimise the latter. If there is time and treasure left over then you can engage in projects that make the world a better place. It's about being pragmatic and then sequencing the touchy-feely.
I'd say self-preservation and self-interests rather than "greed and fear". The average Joe wants his standard of living to stay the same or improve, wants to feel safe and protected and to leave their relatives (mostly their children) good chances to improve their lot in life. A perceived threat to their sources of income or their safety is what motivates most people to vote.

Typical progressive voters usually are either those who have little to nothing to lose in terms of income or safety and so want reforms in their favor or those who are safe and coddled enough that they can engage in purity games and tests, in being more moral and superior to the plebs.

The real puppetmasters are élites and lobbies on both sides who care only about paying to get various kinds of benefits. This is done transparently in US politics and has made the party establishments really unpopular.

Obama captured part of the average Joe voters by keeping a low profile about his race and by focusing on a positive image of change after eight years of failures abroad and at home under Dubya which discredited the Republican establishment.

Trump offered an answer to the fears of reduce income and safety of many average Joes by claiming that he was going to deal with the perceived threats swiftly (unlike Obama and Clinton who are stuck with the "nothing to do with islam" shitck) and to bring back jobs. He also pissed on both the Republican and the Democratic establishments, calling them names, mocking them, telling people that they're all crooks and he was going to "drain the swamp".

Thinking that people are stupid or evil is exactly what made the Democrats lose. People are neither, they're simply selfish and tribal. We're all primarily selfish and tribal, it's part of human nature, we care mostly about ourselves, our family, our friends and our groups. Even the SJWs care about their groups, it's just that they perceive their groups to be their SJW friends rather than their family or neighborhooud.

Insulting people never makes you become popular with them, and if you have to appeal to the general population saying that they're deplorable is incredibly stupid.

The Democrats under Clinton closed themselves into echo-chambers which repeated all the time how unelectable Trump was. They blocked, banned, shamed anyone who disagreed with them. They created circle-jerks of likeminded people and started to believe that nobody who wasn't a white supremacist could ever vote for Trump. Many of them still do.

In order to win friends and influence people you need to expose yourself to different opinions, to have contacts with people who disagree about important issues. You can't believe in your moral superiority and go around preaching others on how to behave. Especially if your moral standards are new and most people don't really get why the issue you care about really matter.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Stand up:

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote:The Democrats have learned nothing. The top candidate to head the DNC is Minnesota Rep Keith Ellison. He's not resigning his position so he'll be a part-timer leading the Democratic Party. Initially supported by Bernie Sanders, he's already turned a 180 on banning corporate lobbyist from the committee. They rejected Howard Dean who is the only head of the DNC to see party gains in the last 15 years or so, for this guy.
He's also flirted with 9/11 conspiracy theories. Lel.

Dave

Post by Dave »

So some of my friends are going to various protests tomorrow. Good for them, catharsis can be healthy. But one of them is offering to carry the names of people who cant make it, so they will be there in spirit or something. And she is getting dozens of takers. DaFuq? That seems the most pointless gesture. Ohhh I feel better because someone had my name on a piece of paper in their pocket when they protested! I swear I inch a little bit more towards liking the Cheetos-faced cockwomble every time his opponents open their cakeholes.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Stand up:

[youtube][/youtube]
Aside from any political meaning that's a pretty badass anthem.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:A perceived threat to their sources of income or their safety is what motivates most people to vote.
I think this is wrong. I know for me, at least, I'll trade off money/taxes/income for culture. Indeed, you could argue that much of the political "common knowledge" is based on pointing this out one way or the other: The left will say that working class people will vote against their interests in voting right, whereas I think, particularly for religious people, social policies is a large factor in their deliberations.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Dave wrote:So some of my friends are going to various protests tomorrow. Good for them, catharsis can be healthy. But one of them is offering to carry the names of people who cant make it, so they will be there in spirit or something. And she is getting dozens of takers. DaFuq? That seems the most pointless gesture. Ohhh I feel better because someone had my name on a piece of paper in their pocket when they protested! I swear I inch a little bit more towards liking the Cheetos-faced cockwomble every time his opponents open their cakeholes.
I thought the current trend of protesters was hiding one's face and identity as much as possible?

Sure, why not put your name on a piece of paper. Address, too. Go for it.

katamari Damassi

Trump spokesperson a Die Antwoord fan?

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
. It's also a big "off the teat, sort your shit out" message to the rest of the western world. One that resonates with anyone who has teenagers. Whether he can do it is another question.
The US has done pretty well by international trade and globalization. He wants set up trade barriers that will end up initially screwing his trade partners and eventually will hurt the American economy big time. The last time the isolationist "America first" thing gained a lot of ground was 80 years ago under Hoover and most economists credit that trend with delaying the recovery from the great depression.
Hopefully he isn't a giant fuck up and the adults he appointed to cabinet can keep him causing too much destruction.

katamari Damassi

Dave wrote:So some of my friends are going to various protests tomorrow. Good for them, catharsis can be healthy. But one of them is offering to carry the names of people who cant make it, so they will be there in spirit or something. And she is getting dozens of takers. DaFuq? That seems the most pointless gesture. Ohhh I feel better because someone had my name on a piece of paper in their pocket when they protested! I swear I inch a little bit more towards liking the Cheetos-faced cockwomble every time his opponents open their cakeholes.
I was at the W inauguration protest in 2001, and a couple of war protests. I understand the need for such things, but I'm soured on the whole thing. Somehow I always ended up next to the "free Mumia" people. No way to stay on message. Every fringe group parasitically attaching themselves and attempting to steal focus. Much of the crowd was made up of young virtue signalers or kids who wanted to play 60's radical, and then there were the shit stirrers who thought it would be cool to provoke the cops.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:A perceived threat to their sources of income or their safety is what motivates most people to vote.
I think this is wrong. I know for me, at least, I'll trade off money/taxes/income for culture. Indeed, you could argue that much of the political "common knowledge" is based on pointing this out one way or the other: The left will say that working class people will vote against their interests in voting right, whereas I think, particularly for religious people, social policies is a large factor in their deliberations.
Social policies are more often than not framed as a reaction to a threat to safety, no matter how real (the "war on Christmas", etc.).

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

free thoughtpolice wrote:He wants set up trade barriers that will end up initially screwing his trade partners and eventually will hurt the American economy big time.
I think it's important to draw a distinction between what Trump promises and what he wants. I don't know if he really wants anything other than attention and ego-stroking. But I know Republicans definitely don't want trade protectionism, so we won't get it. Trump's long past the stage where he has to fight the Republican establishment. No reason for him not to just go along with anything they say.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sunder wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:He wants set up trade barriers that will end up initially screwing his trade partners and eventually will hurt the American economy big time.
I think it's important to draw a distinction between what Trump promises and what he wants. I don't know if he really wants anything other than attention and ego-stroking. But I know Republicans definitely don't want trade protectionism, so we won't get it. Trump's long past the stage where he has to fight the Republican establishment. No reason for him not to just go along with anything they say.

Crazy thought... could be the guy was serious. Time will tell, but, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

He's 70 years old, in the last major act of his quite remarkable life, why not make it count for something?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Easy J wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
This was everything I wanted out of the inauguration. I'm going to make this my new wake up alarm. Thank you.
Fucking perfect!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive1987 wrote:
Looks like the dude was doing burn outs in front of Flinders Street Station and the cops chased him.

As always, it's the fault of the police, ie those who defend the privilege of the social elite.
By an amazing coincidence, he had described himself in Fecebook as 'Greek islamic kurdish ANGEL OF CULT' (sic).

He also had thrown a burning bible at the man from whom who he stole the car. So far no one has any idea where such a person might have gotten the idea of driving a vehicle into a crowd.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chase.html