The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
VickyCaramel

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by VickyCaramel »

I am spreading the word, I am on #Gab now, preparing for the #TWEXIT.
https://gab.ai/VickyCaramel

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
I'm struck by how rude and passive-aggressive PZ was. That exasperated sigh whenever David Smalley said something he didn't like was exhausting. PZ seemed more interested in playing word games and straw-manning than having an honest discussion. He was sidetracking and trying to avoid conversations which made him uncomfortable. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the man.

The language of "social justice" gives him every excuse to be self-righteous and judgemental while not looking at his own behavior. He says all the right words, after all. Just insufferable.
Telling that PZ's first act after enduring what he describes as a "grueling 2-hour recording" is to link to another FTB poster for solidarity. "Look guys, my own employee agrees with me!"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

VickyCaramel wrote:I am spreading the word, I am on #Gab now, preparing for the #TWEXIT.
https://gab.ai/VickyCaramel

[youtube][/youtube]
https://gab.ai

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

There were multiple Twitter-like services, they come and go, kickstarting a simple service of that nature is pretty easy, the true problem lies elsewhere, we're now living in a walled-garden, branded experience, service-into-app, free as in payment, world and to provide that at any scale you have to burn VC cash at stupid rate. Open Protocols and Federation are things of the past, there won't be another e-mail in the wild. The Wild West of Internet is over.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Spike13 wrote:The late 70's into the late eighties was a target rich area for peice of shit cars.
The big three were dealing with environmental and safety regs as well as adapting to new construction materials/ methods.

From Cadillacs with aluminum engines and cylinder sleeves to experiments with converted gas to Diesel engines... Your decision on what to buy could be a aggravating and costly one.
Chrysler Laser anyone. Or are you too sensortive :think:
Depends on engine. A Laser with a 4g63 was a great starting point for a very fun build (even if I prefer AWD DSMs). The 4g63 was capable of 800 torque without blowing up. You could get 500 from the stock internals. My 2G DSM with mild head porting and a T28 turbo made 400 with very little lag. The car was in the 11s while also doing 1.22 on the skid-pad.

Billie from Ockham

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I had a 1964 Plymouth Valiant for my first car. $100. Slant six, push-button transmission. I ran the hell out of that thing for four years, only repair was fixing a radiator leak. Lotta memories from that old thing. Wish I still had it.
The G series was one of the best engines of that time. It's a great example doing lots of little things correctly and getting back more than the sum.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:I'd rather ban mankinis.

http://www.menkind.co.uk/media/catalog/ ... ng-081.jpg
[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Spike13 wrote:The late 70's into the late eighties was a target rich area for peice of shit cars.
The big three were dealing with environmental and safety regs as well as adapting to new construction materials/ methods.

From Cadillacs with aluminum engines and cylinder sleeves to experiments with converted gas to Diesel engines... Your decision on what to buy could be a aggravating and costly one.
Chrysler Laser anyone. Or are you too sensortive :think:
Depends on engine. A Laser with a 4g63 was a great starting point for a very fun build (even if I prefer AWD DSMs). The 4g63 was capable of 800 torque without blowing up. You could get 500 from the stock internals. My 2G DSM with mild head porting and a T28 turbo made 400 with very little lag. The car was in the 11s while also doing 1.22 on the skid-pad.
Is that a Sherman or a Matilda?

Billie from Ockham

Lsuoma wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:I still don't think banning buqini is OK. Our strategy should be satire.
How about a whole-body covering with just the tits, bush, and bum exposed?
http://s2.dmcdn.net/N1nE6/1280x720--ag.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Evil is indeed another category. I have looked upon evil, a man who took human life quite casually and was entirely unrepentant about killing people.
Now I'm curious. Who was this guy?
He was looking... IN THE MIRROR muhahahaha! :twisted:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

MarcusAu wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Katamari - you seem somewhat irregular. How is everything going?
You Dulcolax salespeople are never off duty, eh Marcus !
I like to keep my hand in.
Just been busy in RL and my internet goes through my phone plan so I try to keep the data usage down. Will be on less regularly for the next month or so while traveling from Alaska to the lower 48. There's a lot of areas in Yukon and BC where I don't even get a phone signal.

Billie from Ockham

Hey, Lsuoma! As a fellow recent colonoscopy patient victim, can we get trigger warnings on the word (TRIGGER WARNING) "dulcolax."

feathers

Post by feathers »

paddybrown wrote:Yep, I agree. There are problems with the expectations muslim society puts on women, but policemen accosting women on beaches to tell them what they can and can't wear doesn't do anything to ameliorate that. Just like telling girls they can't wear the hijab in school. Secularism is about the state not imposing religion on people - not about the state imposing on-religion on them.
I'm having a hard time seeing the French police actively pursuing the matter. It's not as if they have no other priorities re. muslims...

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Lsuoma wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:I still don't think banning buqini is OK. Our strategy should be satire.
http://s2.dmcdn.net/N1nE6/1280x720--ag.jpg
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-04-09/28256.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Yep, I agree. There are problems with the expectations muslim society puts on women, but policemen accosting women on beaches to tell them what they can and can't wear doesn't do anything to ameliorate that. Just like telling girls they can't wear the hijab in school. Secularism is about the state not imposing religion on people - not about the state imposing on-religion on them.
I'm having a hard time seeing the French police actively pursuing the matter. It's not as if they have no other priorities re. muslims...
That's what I think, too. It's a political move. A stupid and illiberal political move. The more I think about it the worse it becomes in my mind. It's just showmanship of no true values, which will harass largely harmless people for stupid reasons and give more fuel to the Salafi propaganda machine of Muslim oppression.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Earthlike planet supposedly discovered around Proxima Centauri. What do you guys think about Breakthrough Starshot?
http://www.space.com/32592-breakthrough ... enges.html
Would love to hear Thundrf00t's opinion on this.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Is there an English translation for this? :?

Billie from Ockham

Car go fast. Car also turn well. Car only cost $20k total because it already had a good engine.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I call bullshit on the story from the BBC:

Turkey Kurdish wedding bomber 'may not have been child'.

What was he then, a fucking toadstool? I'm pretty certain they were a child a some time in their life.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

sp0tlight wrote:There were multiple Twitter-like services, they come and go, kickstarting a simple service of that nature is pretty easy, the true problem lies elsewhere, we're now living in a walled-garden, branded experience, service-into-app, free as in payment, world and to provide that at any scale you have to burn VC cash at stupid rate. Open Protocols and Federation are things of the past, there won't be another e-mail in the wild. The Wild West of Internet is over.
The wild west ain't over till we say it is.

Leslie Jones Hacked, nudes leaked
http://gizmodo.com/leslie-jones-reporte ... 1785696160

I have seen them on the chans, it ain't pretty!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Reminds me of someone who used to post on the old Dawkins forum, years ago - he'd worked as a doctor in a Saudi Arabian hospital, and often posted excerpts from a book he was planning to publish about his time there. He said that it wasn't all that unusual for a Saudi woman to still leave her face completely covered when medical necessity required her to strip. She would literally be naked from the neck down, and be completely covered, save for the eyeslit, from the neck up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:There were multiple Twitter-like services, they come and go, kickstarting a simple service of that nature is pretty easy, the true problem lies elsewhere, we're now living in a walled-garden, branded experience, service-into-app, free as in payment, world and to provide that at any scale you have to burn VC cash at stupid rate. Open Protocols and Federation are things of the past, there won't be another e-mail in the wild. The Wild West of Internet is over.
The wild west ain't over till we say it is.

Leslie Jones Hacked, nudes leaked
http://gizmodo.com/leslie-jones-reporte ... 1785696160

I have seen them on the chans, it ain't pretty!
I'll actively avoid...
vom.jpg
(55.95 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

VickyCaramel wrote:Leslie Jones Hacked, nudes leaked
There's no god.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

katamari Damassi wrote:Earthlike planet supposedly discovered around Proxima Centauri. What do you guys think about Breakthrough Starshot?
If the engineering turns out to be feasible nobody would be happier than me. Photographs of an extra-solar earth-like planet in my lifetime? Hell yes. And the idea is fantastic, send enough probes and it doesn't matter how high their individual failure rate is, so make small, cheap probes and send a thousand of them.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Tigzy wrote:She would literally be naked from the neck down, and be completely covered, save for the eyeslit, from the neck up.
This makes total sens in a senseless way, no? You can't tell who she is, her modesty is saved.

I'm kinda surprised their husbands let them to male doctor.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

sp0tlight wrote:
Tigzy wrote:She would literally be naked from the neck down, and be completely covered, save for the eyeslit, from the neck up.
This makes total sens in a senseless way, no? You can't tell who she is, her modesty is saved.

If I recall correctly, it was what he was told by female co-workers. I admit, it does have a scent of BS about it. But this is Saudi, remember - suck imbecilic fucked-upness would not be all that surprising.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

jet_lagg wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Earthlike planet supposedly discovered around Proxima Centauri. What do you guys think about Breakthrough Starshot?
If the engineering turns out to be feasible nobody would be happier than me. Photographs of an extra-solar earth-like planet in my lifetime? Hell yes. And the idea is fantastic, send enough probes and it doesn't matter how high their individual failure rate is, so make small, cheap probes and send a thousand of them.
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-st ... ality.html

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Proxima is a red dwarf, the most common type of star in the galaxy. If there's an Earth-like planet on the closest one to us the chances of life out there has massively increased.

Would a planet close enough to the star to be inhabitable rotate or would tidal forces have dragged it to a halt like in Stephen Baxter's novel?

Billie from Ockham

sp0tlight wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Leslie Jones Hacked, nudes leaked
There's no god.
Isn't this evidence that there is a god and that he or she or xe* is annoyed with us?

Or is this just a warning to anyone else who might be seen as fucking with Milo?

* Matt: down to 235 ms

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

sp0tlight wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-st ... ality.html
Nobody likes a party pooper you know :x

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Ah. Hope, from the comment section.
Since you've overestimated the local density of helium atoms by between six and seven orders of magnitude (not "2-3"), it's more like one or two million alpha particles per square meter per second. Which (assuming the radiation conversions are accurate) works out to a Fukushima meltdown not every eight days, but every fifty to one hundred thousand years.

feathers

Post by feathers »

sp0tlight wrote:

When in company of other women, there is no compulsion to cover up, certainly not the face. So either he's talking of a male physician, or it's BS.

Billie from Ockham

feathers wrote:When in company of other women, there is no compulsion to cover up, certainly not the face. So either he's talking of a male physician, or it's BS.
I believe that that portion of Sharia Law was written before people like Danielle Muscrato and Castor Semenya were around. My guess is that most imams would not condone a muslim woman being naked in front of either of these people.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

paddybrown wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
I just think it's weird. I fully support the ban face-coverings thing, because seeing a face is important for all kinds of reasons. And I think Islam sucks for the way it brainwashes women into hiding in baggy sacks so men don't go all Carrier in public, and men into thinking the mere sight of flesh should turn them into sex machines. But telling women what they should wear on the beach is just stupid.

Nigella Lawson wears a burkini sometimes cos she doesn't want The Daily Mail flashing her bits. Why the fuck does it matter? There are plenty of women outside of Islam who don't feel comfortable in a bikini, or even a swimsuit, just as I'm sure there are plenty of men who feel the same. Armed police standing over a woman telling her to take her top off cos reasons is fucked up. Muslim dress is retarded, nun's clothes are stupid, turbans are gross, but the French towns doing this are full-on dumb. I hope people start turning up on Cannes beaches in a nun's habit.
Yep, I agree. There are problems with the expectations muslim society puts on women, but policemen accosting women on beaches to tell them what they can and can't wear doesn't do anything to ameliorate that. Just like telling girls they can't wear the hijab in school. Secularism is about the state not imposing religion on people - not about the state imposing on-religion on them.
I don't. And I kind of expect Jerry Coyne and Jesus & Mo disagree as well:
https://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpr ... =571&h=571
https://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpr ... =571&h=571

The whole point is that such religious coverings are the uniforms of a particularly odious totalitarian ideology, one that should be extirpated, root and branch: Delenda est. One might wonder how y'all would feel about a bunch of guys, in full Nazi regalia, wandering through the memorials at Auschwitz.

Given Nice and Charlie Hebdo and Brussels and an unending litany of such barbarisms and savagery, I would say that the burkini ban is showing a remarkable if suicidal degree of forbearance and tolerance.

CaptainFluffyBunny

feathers wrote:When in company of other women, there is no compulsion to cover up, certainly not the face. So either he's talking of a male physician, or it's BS.
I believe that that portion of Sharia Law was written before people like Danielle Muscrato and Castor Semenya were around. My guess is that most imams would not condone a muslim woman being naked in front of either of these people.
Let's send Muscato to Saudi Arabia and find out when he she bravely uses his her bathroom and changing rooms of chosen actual gender. Refusing to go is common sense Islamaphobic.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Car go fast. Car also turn well. Car only cost $20k total because it already had a good engine.
That's much easier to understand but perhaps a bit too basic. I know very little other than theory for heat engines about cars. As long as it gets me there safely I don't really care about the rest although there appears to be a few petrolheads on here.

Billie from Ockham

Malky wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Car go fast. Car also turn well. Car only cost $20k total because it already had a good engine.
That's much easier to understand but perhaps a bit too basic. I know very little other than theory for heat engines about cars. As long as it gets me there safely I don't really care about the rest although there appears to be a few petrolheads on here.
Here's a bit more. When it comes to modifying engines for various forms of amateur and semi-pro racing, it's not just a question of bolting on some new parts, especially when forced induction or nitrous is involved.. If the block, crank, and rods can't take the additional load, you'll just blow the thing up. The key is to start with a strong "bottom end" and build up from there.

Certain engines are known to be able to handle much more power than they produce stock. Other engines are known to be close to their limit as delivered. Mitsubishi's 4g63 is a 4-cyl, 2-liter engine that is ready to make around four times the power as stock. (It's the engine from Mitsu's rally cars that pretty much owned the sport at the pro level until the rules changed.) B-series Hondas are also open to more power, albeit not as much as a 4g63, plus you often have to de-stroke them or the compression is too high and you'll need to run racing fuel on the street. In contrast (and often surprising), trying to up the power of a BMW is extremely risky. At most, you add a mild super-charger and call it a day You also need to be careful with most flat engines, like those from Porsche or Subaru, as the design of the block can't take much more.

In short, if you start with the wrong engine, you'll end up spending much more money to make the needed power. I was up against cars worth $80k or more in something that cost $20k total.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Malky wrote:
Here's a bit more. When it comes to modifying engines for various forms of amateur and semi-pro racing, it's not just a question of bolting on some new parts, especially when forced induction or nitrous is involved.. If the block, crank, and rods can't take the additional load, you'll just blow the thing up. The key is to start with a strong "bottom end" and build up from there.

Certain engines are known to be able to handle much more power than they produce stock. Other engines are known to be close to their limit as delivered. Mitsubishi's 4g63 is a 4-cyl, 2-liter engine that is ready to make around four times the power as stock. (It's the engine from Mitsu's rally cars that pretty much owned the sport at the pro level until the rules changed.) B-series Hondas are also open to more power, albeit not as much as a 4g63, plus you often have to de-stroke them or the compression is too high and you'll need to run racing fuel on the street. In contrast (and often surprising), trying to up the power of a BMW is extremely risky. At most, you add a mild super-charger and call it a day You also need to be careful with most flat engines, like those from Porsche or Subaru, as the design of the block can't take much more.

In short, if you start with the wrong engine, you'll end up spending much more money to make the needed power. I was up against cars worth $80k or more in something that cost $20k total.
I would like to see your garage. So few even have so much as a timing light anymore.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Wonder if Gawker have an opinion on the latest leak involving Leslie Jones?

Not exactly sure why she would keep nudes and more intimate shots of herself on her own website.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Malky wrote:

Thank you there is enough there I can follow and will look up a bit on it.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Hey, Lsuoma! As a fellow recent colonoscopy patient victim, can we get trigger warnings on the word (TRIGGER WARNING) "dulcolax."
Thirded Turded!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I had one I bought when it was about 15 years old and just stock it went fast enough with turbo but had lots of problems with sensors going on it at fairly frequent intervals.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CommanderTuvok wrote:Wonder if Gawker have an opinion on the latest leak involving Leslie Jones?

Not exactly sure why she would keep nudes and more intimate shots of herself on her own website.
I understand some actors/actresses need to assess their assets, so to speak. If you're going to be asked to do a scene wherein you'll be showing your bod, it might be a good idea to know what you can show, how to work on it and how it will reflect on you. In Jones' case I have no idea, as I doubt that those sort of scenes would be asked of her. Let alone the sexual acts. Likely just vain, seems to go with the territory.

That being said, it is awful that somebody would violate her privacy like that. WTF does it do, other than reinforce the worst notions of feminism? Why would anybody want to humiliate her like that? The fuckers that did it should be prosecuted. It was wrong when Gawker did it to Hogan, it's just wrong hacking Jones. Although I feel certain Gawker would attempt to justify Hogan because he's a man and patriarchy and feelz.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote:
Kinda like space sperm.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Wonder if Gawker have an opinion on the latest leak involving Leslie Jones?

I understand some actors/actresses need to assess their assets, so to speak. If you're going to be asked to do a scene wherein you'll be showing your bod, it might be a good idea to know what you can show, how to work on it and how it will reflect on you. In Jones' case I have no idea, as I doubt that those sort of scenes would be asked of her. Let alone the sexual acts. Likely just vain, seems to go with the territory.
Rule 34, dude, Rule 34.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:Proxima is a red dwarf, the most common type of star in the galaxy. If there's an Earth-like planet on the closest one to us the chances of life out there has massively increased.

Would a planet close enough to the star to be inhabitable rotate or would tidal forces have dragged it to a halt like in Stephen Baxter's novel?
Given that the planet's in the habitable zone, it must be very close to the star. Which means its invariably tidally locked -- the same side always faces the star. That's not great for life, but not terrible either. I'd be more worried about the atmospheric activity of the star; flares, CME's etc aren't going to be good for living things.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:That being said, it is awful that somebody would violate her privacy like that.
That is true, but how can you be so stupid, after last year attacks on web storages, to keep your naked photos on a network connected device. It's really escapes me. I know I'm victim blaming here, but you should know better.

CaptainFluffyBunny

sp0tlight wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:That being said, it is awful that somebody would violate her privacy like that.
That is true, but how can you be so stupid, after last year attacks on web storages, to keep your naked photos on a network connected device. It's really escapes me. I know I'm victim blaming here, but you should know better.
After following her Twitter exchange with Milo, I don't think there is any doubt about her stupidity. She sounds dumber that a sack of hammers. I have no idea why their agents don't vett Tweets and social media for stars. It rarely makes them look good.

CaptainFluffyBunny

dogen wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Proxima is a red dwarf, the most common type of star in the galaxy. If there's an Earth-like planet on the closest one to us the chances of life out there has massively increased.

Given that the planet's in the habitable zone, it must be very close to the star. Which means its invariably tidally locked -- the same side always faces the star. That's not great for life, but not terrible either. I'd be more worried about the atmospheric activity of the star; flares, CME's etc aren't going to be good for living things.
What is your opinion of the laser-powered space sperm going all Carrier on Proxima? Would they make it?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

dogen wrote: Given that the planet's in the habitable zone, it must be very close to the star. Which means its invariably tidally locked -- the same side always faces the star. That's not great for life, but not terrible either. I'd be more worried about the atmospheric activity of the star; flares, CME's etc aren't going to be good for living things.
Wouldn't flares and CME's be reduced in both frequency and intensity in a red dwarf, so that in effect it balances out to be about the same as a planet orbiting in the habitable zone of a Sun-like star (i.e. further away)?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: What is your opinion of the laser-powered space sperm going all Carrier on Proxima? Would they make it?
I don't know, but if in the course of events some of those probes got on my face, I really wouldn't mind. It's not like I'd catch The Gray or anything.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 2e2fc7.jpg

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

OMG, my ex bough me a bottle of something called Bajtra Liqueur from Malta, pretty light in alcohol content (21%) and a bit too sweet for ma taste, but I really enjoy the first glass. Cheers, you fucks!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I feel really bad for Leslie Jones. She doesn't deserve this shit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers is looking hefty these days.

http://i.imgur.com/xQsDOST.png

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Sunder wrote:
This is gonna be a chore I can tell.

Better get some coffee.
My favorite bit was where PZ insisted that Ellen DeGeneres must confess and repent the sin of racism.
Missed his calling, that PZ fellow. There is already an entire profession dedicated to generating guilt and offering absolution.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Gumby wrote:I feel really bad for Leslie Jones. She doesn't deserve this shit.
Nobody does, but that's Internet for you. Never before it was so easy to wreck your private shit. From doxing to nude pictures, it's almost always just a matter of dedication to your "righteous case".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

d4m10n wrote: My favorite bit was where PZ insisted that Ellen DeGeneres must confess and repent the sin of racism.
The DeGeneres kerfluffle is perhaps the greatest nutshell example of SJW idiocy and wrongness I've seen yet.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is looking hefty these days.

[i.mg]http://i.imgur.com/xQsDOST.png[/img]
It was very brave of PZ to pose with the mascot, considering how all the jocks were mean to him when he was a boy. :P

CaptainFluffyBunny

Gumby wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: What is your opinion of the laser-powered space sperm going all Carrier on Proxima? Would they make it?
I don't know, but if in the course of events some of those probes got on my face, I really wouldn't mind. It's not like I'd catch The Gray or anything.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 2e2fc7.jpg
I laughed way too much at that. Thanks.