The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: Some further evidence from Reddit that he was motivated by some "toxic masculinity" undergirded by a mephitic Islam:
Cetin seems to be a generally maladjusted individual who latched on everything that made him "edgy" and stand out from the "mainstream" (from serial killers to Iran to ISIS), like Harris and Klebold at Columbine. Sadly islam can easily be fertile ground for justfications of violence that are appealing to maladjusted idiots.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Just had to dust off my account and catch up with a bit of reading after hearing about these Carrier lawsuits. Good to see the old faces.

There's so much to say, but it occurs to me that fighting against these regressive SJWs is a war of attrition. Whilst the pit of vipers have continued to eat themselves fuelled by their toxic sense of morality, you glorious shitposting cunts have lasted the distance.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Funny thing is, when Carrier jizzed all over Ofie's face, I mean her blog, it was the last time there any sort of significant activity at Butterlies and Wheels. It is deader than her sex life, now.
Oh the "is a trans woman a woman?" quip was a great bbq convo starter for her blog. Until she packed up her sausages in a huff.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

You'll have to wait until 2017 for this:

http://imgur.com/xtu6CNP.jpg

It's a production of Mythicist Milwaukee, probably Carrier's most steadfast boosters.

He's also going to be in an upcoming episode of Holy Shit:

http://imgur.com/HQq8q6e.jpg

http://www.spadeheartclub.com/batmanjesus
http://www.spadeheartclub.com/holyshit/

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:Can anyone imagine the Richard Carrier's writings on spooge & choking women being read out by Carrier to a jury to help substantiate that Carrier already had a poor reputation in the Atheist Skeptic community and that the writings by others could in no way sink his reputation any lower?
I am fucking dying here. Please let this jury trial happen. With videos. Please.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AndrewV69 wrote:
deLurch wrote:Can anyone imagine the Richard Carrier's writings on spooge & choking women being read out by Carrier to a jury to help substantiate that Carrier already had a poor reputation in the Atheist Skeptic community and that the writings by others could in no way sink his reputation any lower?
I am fucking dying here. Please let this jury trial happen. With videos. Please.
"Let the record show the plaintiff isn't worried about catching The Gay from semen sprayed on his face."

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Cetin seems to be a generally maladjusted individual who latched on everything that made him "edgy" and stand out from the "mainstream" (from serial killers to Iran to ISIS), like Harris and Klebold at Columbine. Sadly islam can easily be fertile ground for justfications of violence that are appealing to maladjusted idiots.
He seems to have anti-western sympathies by posting the French flag combined with the confederate flag, and posting pictures of Khamanei and al Baghdadi still that seems pretty thin evidence that his actions were islamist motivated. If I were a journalist or law enforcement I would like to see more evidence before declaring an islamic or even political motive.
Lack of evidence doesn't normally stop Watson and the Alex Jones crowd from speculating though and once in a while they are right.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:You'll have to wait until 2017 for this:

http://imgur.com/xtu6CNP.jpg

It's a production of Mythicist Milwaukee, probably Carrier's most steadfast boosters.

I hope they're not planning on selling anything related to their film. Warner Brothers and DC Comics might not appreciate that the group is using a great deal of their intellectual property, including their music. Is this close enough to fair use?

https://vimeo.com/170126085

AndrewV69 wrote:
I'm hoping some pit art masters mock up the courtroom sketches.

Heina throwing up in her mouth a little as the emails are brought up

Carrier smiling and nodding and giving finger guns to the judge every time someone brings up his girlfriends...

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Ape+lust wrote:You'll have to wait until 2017 for this:

[.img]http://imgur.com/xtu6CNP.jpg[/img]

He's also going to be in an upcoming episode of Holy Shit:

[.img]http://imgur.com/HQq8q6e.jpg[/img]

http://www.spadeheartclub.com/holyshit/
Inquiring minds are wondering who is female and above the age of consent at Mythicist Milwaukee, because their unwavering support for Dr Jizzface reeks of extreme fangirling.

free thoughtpolice

I gather the David Fitzgerald in the Batman vs Jesus titles is the same one that gave an affidavit in Carrier's suit.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I gather the David Fitzgerald in the Batman vs Jesus titles is the same one that gave an affidavit in Carrier's suit.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/34yTemhmmNE/maxresdefault.jpg

Here is Fitzgerald reaching for Carrier to give him five for simultaneous nailing of atheist groupies in side-by-side hotel beds. There's no shame involved so long as you keep your eyes on your own page.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

:think:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I gather the David Fitzgerald in the Batman vs Jesus titles is the same one that gave an affidavit in Carrier's suit.
If you're looking for his aliases, Google "Kilt Kilpatrick" and don't say you weren't trigger warned.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:I hope they're not planning on selling anything related to their film. Warner Brothers and DC Comics might not appreciate that the group is using a great deal of their intellectual property, including their music. Is this close enough to fair use?

https://vimeo.com/170126085

AndrewV69 wrote:
I'm hoping some pit art masters mock up the courtroom sketches.

Heina throwing up in her mouth a little as the emails are brought up

Carrier smiling and nodding and giving finger guns to the judge every time someone brings up his girlfriends...
Giving finger guns to the judge! :lol: :lol:

The trouble will be getting it shooped before he actually does it.

free thoughtpolice

d4m10n wrote:
If you're looking for his aliases, Google "Kilt Kilpatrick" and don't say you weren't trigger warned.
He's a romance novel author? :o

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Kirbmarc wrote:
He seems to have anti-western sympathies by posting the French flag combined with the confederate flag, and posting pictures of Khamanei and al Baghdadi still that seems pretty thin evidence that his actions were islamist motivated. If I were a journalist or law enforcement I would like to see more evidence before declaring an islamic or even political motive.

Lack of evidence doesn't normally stop Watson and the Alex Jones crowd from speculating though and once in a while they are right.
Yea, #NothingToDoWithIslam, although Cetin calling the head of ISIS his "main dude" would suggest a rather heavy investment in the most odious aspects of Islam - of which there is an embarassing surfeit. But, as some further evidence of that, a recent tweet I ran across, even if the incident is from 2011 in Sweden:

The Metapedia story:
Elin Krantz
Elin Krantz (1983-2010) was a blonde-haired, blue eyed Swedish woman, who was killed by a 23 year old Ethiopian male, Ephrem Tadele Yohannes.

Elin Krantz supported colored immigration to Sweden.

On September 26, 2010 Ephrem Tadele Yohannes raped her, killed her, and then threw her body among rocks. Ephrem is born in Ethiopia. He lived in the United States for a time and committed numerous crimes. Then he married an Ethiopian woman and immigrated to Sweden. After the murder in June 2011, he was sentenced to 16 years imprisonment and lifetime banishment from Sweden.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

d4m10n wrote:
"Kilt" Kilpatrick... if there ever was a name that compelled face-palming. Jeezus. No wonder he and Carrier get along well :lol:

Hey, Richard! If you ever need a alias for fiction, here's a freebie. Just for you:

"Tool" O'Toole.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

a(n) alias.

Cripes. :oops:

free thoughtpolice

Steersman you honestly look like you are losing it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Spike13 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Let's talk about the infamous alt-right, the specter of all evil, the bane of the SJWs everywhere.

From what I'm reading online the alt-right is simply identitarian authoritarianism, just like the SJWs, only with a different scale of which identity is superior and which is inferior. Both SJWs and alt-right supporters believe that individuality is superseded by "culture", that equality before the law is a horrible idea because it "erases differences" and that cultural mixing and diffusion of ideas is inherently bad, again because it dilutes the "inherent essences" of different socio-cultural groups.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the alt-right is simply a reaction to Critical Race Theory or other SJW ideas in academia. They seem to feed into each other's mythology quite well. Two sides of the same authoritarian and essentialist coin.
My question is:

Who is this infamous "alt-right" ? Is there anyone who flies this banner?

Or is it some bullshit manufactured label to smear dissent and to scare the progressives before bedtime?

Honest question.
Oh Jeeze. Yes they do exist. Neo-Reaction is a part of it. I am not an expert but expect to find subgroups, affiliations etc. etc. Start here:

This Week in Reaction (2016/09/18) Many of the people he refers to are in my RSS feed and have been for years.

I like reading different perspectives and you will find that in spades with these guys.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HunnyBunny wrote:Inquiring minds are wondering who is female and above the age of consent at Mythicist Milwaukee, because their unwavering support for Dr Jizzface reeks of extreme fangirling.
Does it ever. Even so, that he inspires that sort of devotion from anyone (Metskas) is inexplicable to me.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersman you honestly look like you are losing it.
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, maybe you just don't understand the situation.

With apologies to Kipling.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Spike13 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Let's talk about the infamous alt-right, the specter of all evil, the bane of the SJWs everywhere.

From what I'm reading online the alt-right is simply identitarian authoritarianism, just like the SJWs, only with a different scale of which identity is superior and which is inferior. Both SJWs and alt-right supporters believe that individuality is superseded by "culture", that equality before the law is a horrible idea because it "erases differences" and that cultural mixing and diffusion of ideas is inherently bad, again because it dilutes the "inherent essences" of different socio-cultural groups.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the alt-right is simply a reaction to Critical Race Theory or other SJW ideas in academia. They seem to feed into each other's mythology quite well. Two sides of the same authoritarian and essentialist coin.
My question is:

Or is it some bullshit manufactured label to smear dissent and to scare the progressives before bedtime?

Honest question.
I'd add this breakdown by Milo Yianopoulos and Allum Bokhari. It's all very nebulous at the moment. I'm with Kirbmarc, in that I think it has to do more with the revolt against the dominant leftist culture reaching critical mass and people of all political stripes finding themselves sudden allies than it does to do with the resurgence or emergence of any one unified philosophy. I've seen various people with completely incompatible worldviews claim the label.

I like the Breitbart article because it mentions the counterculture element of the phenomenon, which I don't see discussed much elsewhere.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/2 ... alt-right/

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea exactly what Carriers objective is?

Even if he is so far up his own arse that he can't see that he has no chance whatsoever of prevailing in this case surely someone he knows would have pointed this out to him by now.

If he had the money he could play this like a game of poker and use the financial threat of a long drawn out case to make his targets relent and apologize to him.
But both we and his targets know he doesn't have the money to do this.

Is there something else then?

The only kind of threat I can think of is that he uses some kind of discovery process to get hold of all the private emails between his targets and makes this public in the trial.
If there is some collusion or other nefarious activities going on then it may cause enough damage that the standing of these individuals in the D list SJW conference scene may be affected.
The idea that a jury having heard about all his activities and especially his treatment of Radford and Shermer, will come down on his side is laughable.
(snip)
I don't know, but I was wondering the same thing. The problem I see for him is that he's been out in the open for too long. Everyone knows that he will proposition anything that moves; he went as far as writing blog entries fishing for dates. He wrote public comments on Ophelia's blog about how he likes to spray his jizz in people's faces! Some of the allegations being talked about in the context of his sexual harassment allegations are things that he confirmed to be true, and apologized for (e.g. the "Doing wrong right" thing) so that also counts against him. If the thing actually goes to trial the defense will be quick to point out that everything Carrier is alleged to have done is completely in character for him.

I also wonder where the money for the trial and the lawyer are going to come from.

Personally, I think this suit is an extension of his pathological inability to concede a point. I've seen the guy persist in arguing about what he said in his Shermer hit piece after people quoted his own words at him. He's figured out some angle for how the allegations were wrong and unfair - probably hinging on the technicalities of what people said about him, because he tends to overrate the significance of minor details in his arguments. He might actually have some evidence that someone misspoke or exaggerated some portions of what happened. But the burden of proof is going to be on him, and with the defense taking pains to expose his Leisure Suit Larry routine I can't imagine a jury finding in his favor.

tldr; I think he's compulsive and not in touch with reality.

Should be an entertaining affair regardless. Its always fun to see unsympathetic people fucking each other over.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Let's talk about the infamous alt-right, the specter of all evil, the bane of the SJWs everywhere. ....
My question is:

Honest question.
I'd add this breakdown by Milo Yianopoulos and Allum Bokhari. It's all very nebulous at the moment. I'm with Kirbmarc, in that I think it has to do more with the revolt against the dominant leftist culture reaching critical mass and people of all political stripes finding themselves sudden allies than it does to do with the resurgence or emergence of any one unified philosophy. I've seen various people with completely incompatible worldviews claim the label.

I like the Breitbart article because it mentions the counterculture element of the phenomenon, which I don't see discussed much elsewhere.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/2 ... alt-right/
Yea, that was quite a good post in Breitbart, although I seem to recollect Cathy Young used it as a starting point in her criticism of it and the movement - seem to recollect also that she and Milo more or less came to blows over her snarky comments about Anne Coulter.

But it seems that Milo may be attempting to distance himself, none too successfully in my opinion, from the movement, as described in this recent post (Milo versus the Alt Right?) by Young.

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, maybe you just don't understand the situation.

You didn't read the whole poem did you?

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

DownThunder wrote:Just had to dust off my account and catch up with a bit of reading after hearing about these Carrier lawsuits. Good to see the old faces.

There's so much to say, but it occurs to me that fighting against these regressive SJWs is a war of attrition. Whilst the pit of vipers have continued to eat themselves fuelled by their toxic sense of morality, you glorious shitposting cunts have lasted the distance.
Did everyone here get a vasectomy?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Fuck you Steers, no need. Back on the shitlist you go.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

HunnyBunny wrote:Fuck you Steers, no need. Back on the shitlist you go.
No shit. Fuck Kipling.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
"Let the record show the plaintiff isn't worried about catching The Gay from semen sprayed on his face."
Court Recorder: Next, the plaintiff Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD, in xir case against Paul Zackary Meyers, Steffuny Szvan, Some Chick I Fingerbanged At Skepticon 3, and That One Guy.

Judge: Proceed.

Prosecutor: It is our contention, your Honor, that our client has been slandered, libeled, or whatever, by the gang of saps you see before you.

Judge: Hmm. Carry on.

Prosecutor: That's it.

Judge: What's what?

Prosecutor: That is the case, you Honor. Did you not read the texts we provided? The emails? The screengrabs? The Bayesian analyses which confirm the crime to within 0.0000000000000000000000...

*fifteen thousand zeros and five days of court time redacted*

...two percent accuracy?

Judge: I...who...where am...ah, yes, Professor Ca...

Prosecutor: Dr, your Honor. PhD.

Judge: Indeed. And whatever. Dicky, I find your case to be weak, based one hearsay, and entirely lacking any substantive evidence. Do you have anything further to add?

King of Judea, Emperor of Spunkspurts, Sir Richard Carrier, DhP, CERT, Wifi, MPH: I sure do, your dudeliness. Check out this bitchin' skank.
*Screen descends. Court falls silent. Projector hums."

Judge: Boy, you guilty of nothin' but havin' a badass mutherfuckin groove. All defendants guilty as charged, I award the client one million and forty-nine thousand, nine-hundred and ninety-nine dollars.
*Hammer*

Really?

Post by Really? »

I'll add some commentary:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Court Recorder: Next, the plaintiff Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD, in xir case against Paul Zackary Meyers, Steffuny Szvan, Some Chick I Fingerbanged At Skepticon 3, and That One Guy.

Judge: Proceed.

Prosecutor: It is our contention, your Honor, that our client has been slandered, libeled, or whatever, by the gang of saps you see before you.

Judge: Hmm. Carry on.

Prosecutor: That's it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wsLThrnJeRrbi/giphy.gif

Judge: What's what?

Prosecutor: That is the case, you Honor. Did you not read the texts we provided? The emails? The screengrabs? The Bayesian analyses which confirm the crime to within 0.0000000000000000000000...

https://m.popkey.co/a08722/qrozb_s-200x150.gif

*fifteen thousand zeros and five days of court time redacted*

...two percent accuracy?

https://media.giphy.com/media/RBeddeaQ5Xo0E/giphy.gif

Judge: I...who...where am...ah, yes, Professor Ca...

Prosecutor: Dr, your Honor. PhD.

http://fourfour.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834 ... 970d-600wi

Judge: Indeed. And whatever. Dicky, I find your case to be weak, based one hearsay, and entirely lacking any substantive evidence. Do you have anything further to add?

King of Judea, Emperor of Spunkspurts, Sir Richard Carrier, DhP, CERT, Wifi, MPH: I sure do, your dudeliness. Check out this bitchin' skank.
*Screen descends. Court falls silent. Projector hums."

Judge: Boy, you guilty of nothin' but havin' a badass mutherfuckin groove. All defendants guilty as charged, I award the client one million and forty-nine thousand, nine-hundred and ninety-nine dollars.

http://c0.thejournal.ie/media/2013/04/j ... 90x285.jpg

*Hammer*

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

You're a hard woman, Charlene Brown. Just for a bastardarization of a line from a Kipling poem?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Steersman wrote:

You didn't read the whole poem did you?
No, of course not. Why would I have done so? Maybe you don't realize that what I quoted is a Murphy's Law that's based on Kipling.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma wrote:Why those fuckin' pussies!

Mooning/streaking now made explicitly illegal in Victoria.
Egads, even bawdy songs! 'The act also outlaws singing "an obscene song or ballad"'

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I asked a girl once if she liked Kipling, and she replied "I don't know. I've never kippled."

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:Why those fuckin' pussies!

Mooning/streaking now made explicitly illegal in Victoria.
That scared me momentarily. Wrong Victoria. :drool:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

fuzzy wrote:I asked a girl once if she liked Kipling, and she replied "I don't know. I've never kippled."
Mr Kipling is a cunt. His Bramley Apple pies contain zero apples, and Mary Berry would faint at the sight of his pathetic excuse for Bakewell tarts.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I promised puke-inducing pics. here's one:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5882A7F1
Belated congratulations on your Franco-Polska alliance.

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
No, of course not. Why would I have done so? Maybe you don't realize that what I quoted is a Murphy's Law that's based on Kipling.
During your hearing on whether you are competent or suitable to be at large, don't quote me as a source: protip :D

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Steersman wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: You didn't read the whole poem did you?
:lol:

You might have done so if you had any interest in what Kipling was actually talking about. I suppose if you are just looking for a few words from an authority that seem to mirror your own opinion, though, then what's the point?

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote:

Ali has previously been camera shy. I think she's hot. Lucky for Phil she has a soft spot for the perpetually Clouseau!
Best wishes for your future guys!

Nicest of The Damned

Post by Nicest of The Damned »

So there I was, about fifteen pages back, trying to scroll past the sort of cap that happens when there's nothing entertaining going on when I found a youtube video that was worth a chuckle. Just the thing. Of course, by the time I got caught up, Carrier had opened the floodgates and everyone was well distracted.

Here it is anyway. Maybe someone can use it to forget the horror of the Heina emails. At least for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z34H7UX31E

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

HunnyBunny wrote:
fuzzy wrote:I asked a girl once if she liked Kipling, and she replied "I don't know. I've never kippled."
Mr Kipling is a cunt. His Bramley Apple pies contain zero apples, and Mary Berry would faint at the sight of his pathetic excuse for Bakewell tarts.
His Country Slices fucking rock. And is he the one who makes French Fancies?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Ali has previously been camera shy. I think she's hot. Lucky for Phil she has a soft spot for the perpetually Clouseau!
Best wishes for your future guys!
So, there was a French dude who a Polackette back in the day and the got a couple of Nobble prizes, and so did the spawn they produced, IIRC, but the breeders split one, and she got another, but the spawn shared one, for a total of five, so the women got three and the men got two, so patriarchy doesn't exist, but the women wouldn't have got them without the men, or the Polacks without the Froggies, or something like that.

And when is there going to be a Nobel from trampolining?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Whatever, man, fuck.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote: I hope they're not planning on selling anything related to their film. Warner Brothers and DC Comics might not appreciate that the group is using a great deal of their intellectual property, including their music. Is this close enough to fair use?
No there is no fair use there. They will have to change their name as soon as Warner Bros catches wind of this. WB is not going to want Batman associated with a film claiming Jesus isn't real. Why the film makers thought they would be is beyond me. The retards.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

NoGodsEver wrote:
No shit. Fuck Kipling.

I don't know. I'm a fan.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Lsuoma wrote:So, there was a French dude who a Polackette back in the day and the got a couple of Nobble prizes, and so did the spawn they produced, IIRC, but the breeders split one, and she got another, but the spawn shared one, for a total of five, so the women got three and the men got two, so patriarchy doesn't exist, but the women wouldn't have got them without the men, or the Polacks without the Froggies, or something like that.
#notonlymaria, in the time when Poland was politically removed from the map France hosted fuck ton of our brightest (insert Polack joke here) like Chopin, there's still a big number of their descendants in France, two players of our national team are French-born.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea exactly what Carriers objective is?

Is there something else then?
Maybe there is, Dick. Perhaps we shouldn't be looking for a rational objective, but the answer lies more in Richard's subconscious motivations.

We know that he's had one massive crisis recently. We know that the gulf between his perception of himself as a successful academic historian and his status in reality has widened to such an extent it can hardly be stable. His claims of "emotional distress" give a hint. Also, (bit of a long shot) he is immersed in the Jesus story, and narratives have power even if they're not true.

Maybe this lawsuit business represents Carrier's chance to fail in the manner of his choosing. The only choice he has now. He didn't fail because, in the end, he was a mediocre and lazy historian who had nothing to contribute and was reduced to begging for sex with younger women by eMail. He was a great leader and teacher who showed humanity a better way and was brought low and defamed by his inferiors. Lesser men (and women) who were just too thick, too jealous, too steeped in the old monogamous religion-based ways to accept the message.

He was before his time and paid the martyr's price. Oh their Stupid Stupid Minds !!

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

And don't go around saying that Kipling was a wimp. In fact he was Ruddy 'ard.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Spike13 wrote:
Really? wrote:

Matt Dillahunty and Beth Presswood.

Sometimes he prefers to be called Matthilda.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/wp-c ... hunty.jpeg
Surprised the SJW's let him get away with that.

Perhaps he just likes groveling for forgiveness...
IIRC he spent the entire episode in question playing it dead straight, with no humour whatsoever. No hint of "hey, I'm a fat cunt dressed as a woman, isn't this fun!". Instead he went straight to the "this is how transsexual people must feel" virtue signalling angle, extracting all the natural humour from the situation immediately.

SJWs: taking the fun away from everything since 2011.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

piginthecity wrote:
And don't go around saying that Kipling was a wimp. In fact he was Ruddy 'ard.
:rimshot: :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Old_ones wrote:
Steersman wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: You didn't read the whole poem did you?
:lol:

You might have done so if you had any interest in what Kipling was actually talking about. ....
That's the whole point: I had zero interest in Kipling's poem - I only threw the link in for those who might not have known the provenance of the Murphy's Law that I had quoted.

And if you have bothered to read the context of my response to FTP then you would have realized that my response to his assertion - that I was "losing it", presumably my head - was to suggest that if he wasn't losing his then he simply didn't understand the situation.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BTW, remember Yemminy (SP?) of the benign aspect of Black on Black slavery in Africa?

Welp, I just finished reading Slavery in the Arab World and apparently there is some justification for her view. She is not completely vidicated, but there is enough for her to say shat she said.

Problem is, not only is Africa a very big place, we can take as a given that the way it was practised was not uniform at all. So true in some places and in others, not so much.

I have quoted rather extensively and included the footnotes contrary to my usual practise.

Page 22:
Europeans, to be sure, did not introduce slavery or the slave trade in Africa: these institutions had been an established feature of life long before the arrival of the Europeans. Both slavery and the slave trade were known to have existed in the major states and empires of the West African Sudan from the eleventh to the sixteenth century. Slavery, however, as practiced in much of African society, was far more benign than its Western counterpart. Slaves were, to a great extent, integrated into the family who owned them, and they performed much the same domestic and farm chores as did other members of the family.2

By and large, blacks, whether enslaved by pagans or Muslims, enjoyed certain civic and personal rights which the master could not easily ignore. It was, for example, not uncommon for slaves to marry, farm their own plots of land, earn money, and even maintain a limited freedom of action and movement. In parts of Africa, slavery bore strong similarities to the institution of serfdom that was widespread in Europe during the Middle Ages. Some Africans, such as the Kru on the West Coast and the Fang, even boasted of never having known of slavery among their people and, even more, of having nothing to do with the trafficking in slaves.3

Inevitably, there was also a harsher aspect to African slavery. It was not uncommon to find in Africa slaves who were considered as mere chattel and treated as such. European travelers who went to Africa in growing numbers in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries reported witnessing or hearing about cruel and inhuman practices that were commonly inflicted on slaves by the owners. In the non-Muslim parts of Africa, there was a widespread custom of burying alive one or two young slaves with the body of a chief who had died. One of the beneficial aspects resulting from the spread of Islam in Africa was the doing away with such pagan practices.
Blacks, moreover, were not strangers to the slave trade. They were known to have exchanged their fellow human beings for Arab wares long before the Europeans set foot in Africa. “The people of Lemlem,” observed one writer, “are being perpetually invaded by their neighbors, who take them as slaves . . . and carry them off to their own lands to sell them by the dozens to the merchants. Every year great numbers of them are sent off to the Western Maghreb.”4

In early times, such transactions did not involve great numbers of blacks. The victims were often prisoners of wars, common criminals, or troublemakers. This was to change with the coming of the Europeans. There is considerable evidence that the traffic in slaves, notably in large areas of West Africa, was more the consequence of European demand for slaves and less the result of indigenous practice.5 The commercialization of the West African slave trade on a transoceanic basis had the effect of luring African slave traders into the expanding web of the Europeans. These traders thus became the victims of the relentless workings of the European-driven slave machine.

Calling attention to the African slave trade could not have the effect, even if intended, of obscuring from view the transatlantic slave trade. Both were inextricably linked to one another. The African trade implicated the Europeans who benefited from it, no less than the black traders who, in exchange for the white man’s artifacts, showed no scruples in enslaving other blacks.
By contrast, focusing on the Muslim-dominated trade could do very little to show up Europeans and Americans in a bad light. Except in certain instances, as when French and Portuguese merchants acquired slaves from Arab traders for their sugar plantations in the Mascarene Islands and Brazil, European slave traders had little to do with their Arabian counterparts. The Arab slave traders operated within fairly well established commercial circuits which were oriented mainly to supplying the demands of Muslim countries. It was this vast market that provided the underpinnings of the slave trade in West, Central, and East Africa.

2 Mbaye Gueye, “The slave trade within the African continent,” The African slave trade from the Fifteenth to the Nineteenth Century, UNESCO (Paris, 1979), p. 150.

3 Joseph Ki-Zerbo, Histoire de l’Afrique Noire, D’Hier à Demain, (Paris: Hatier, 1978), pp. 208–10.

4 Edrisi, Description de l’Afrique et de l’Espagne, trans. by Dozy and Golje (Leyden, 1866), p. 90.

5 Walter Rodney, “African slavery and other forms of social oppression on the Upper Guinea Coast in the context of the Atlantic slave trade,” Journal of African History, vol. 7, no. 3 (1966), pp. 431–33; Paul E. Lovejoy, Transformations in Slavery: A History of Slavery in Africa (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1983).
The book mentions in various places and as found in Wikipedia History of slavery in the Muslim world that:
Among the last states to abolish slavery were Saudi Arabia and Yemen, which abolished slavery in 1962 under pressure from Britain; Oman in 1970, and Mauritania in 1905, 1981, and again in August 2007.[16] However, slavery claiming the sanction of Islam is documented presently in the predominantly Islamic countries of Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Mali, and Sudan.[17][18]
Last I heard it was still alive and well in Mauritania today. Also in one other place the name of which I do not remember right now. Some backwater apparently. We should send Watson to investigate seeing as she seems to have time on her hands.

Oh ya, nearly forgot. Full disclosure. My ancestors kept slaves. Unlike some people, no one in my family has remotely felt the need to apologise in any way shape or form for that fact.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Coronation Street actor Marc Anwar sacked over 'racially offensive' tweets

Coronation Street star Marc Anwar has been sacked from the soap for alleged "racially offensive" tweets about Indian people.

The Pakistan-born actor, who joined the show in 2014 to play the role of Sharif Nazir, was dismissed after ITV was alerted to the posts by the Sunday Mirror.

The alleged tweets from Anwar's protected account, published by the newspaper, were critical of India over the disputed Kashmir region and called on Pakistani actors to stop working in the country.

The tweets also referred to Indian people as "b*******" and "p***-drinking c****".

His comments come amid heightened tensions between India and Pakistan over the divided Himalayan territory, following deadly attacks by militants.
http://news.sky.com/story/coronation-st ... sf-twitter

Somehow I doubt he'd have been sacked for racist tweets against white people.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John MCDonnell defends comments about Tory minister being 'lynched'

Just hours after Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn called for an end to personal abuse, his biggest ally John McDonnell has defended comments made about a former Tory minister being lynched and his description of her as a “stain on humanity”.

Ex-MP Esther McVey was sitting nearby when Mr McDonnell refused to back down over the comments he once made about her, something which later sparked outrage from Labour's Yvette Cooper who demanded the shadow chancellor apologise.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... ent=safari

This, from the party which wants to curtail free speech:
He said: “I was angry. Sometimes you need to express honest anger and that was about what this last government was doing to people with disabilities. It was appalling, to be frank, and sometimes it is better to be honest about how you feel.

“At times, in Parliament in particular, it means using strong language but, actually, if it reflects your honest views, I think it is better to be honest than it is to be in any way deceptive.”

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
My question is:

Honest question.
Oh Jeeze. Yes they do exist. Neo-Reaction is a part of it. I am not an expert but expect to find subgroups, affiliations etc. etc. Start here:

This Week in Reaction (2016/09/18) Many of the people he refers to are in my RSS feed and have been for years.

I like reading different perspectives and you will find that in spades with these guys.
I agree with this.

The best link to the alt-right, or neo-reactionaries, is the blog Outside In, which is sort of a relatively sane clearing house (a bit like the Instapundit of the alt-right). Slate Star Codex's Scott Alexander has flirted with them in the past too (via his libertarian leanings - a sizeable minority on the alt-right are ex-libertarians, and some even ex-Less Wrong types, including the "founder", who flew under the moniker "Mencius Moldbug"), and once wrote a long rebuttal to some of their key points. At its best, the alt-right (as it has been up till now, quietly festering, until Hillary used the term) has lots of highly thought-provoking stuff, and goes into some seriously taboo zones with illuminating questions. At worst it is indeed just plain racist claptrap. I think most people here would enjoy perusing it though, it's fairly nerdy - and the Mencius Moldbug sequences are a fascinating read - occasionally convoluted and overlong, but never boring.

Basically, they really seriously question the concept of democracy and liberalism (even classical liberalism) - in the very senses that we all here probably feel ourselves deeply aligned with. Or, maybe better to say, they're after a libertarian-ish outcome but doubt that democracy, especially regressive liberal democracy, is the way to get there at all.

It's rather peculiar that Hillary raised the profile of the term - or perhaps not surprising at all, since there are enough people on the alt-right who are racist that you could easily find confirmation bias, and if linked to Trump in your mind that would badly tarnish Trump. But Trump has nothing to do with them, never has. As alway (as with the Tea Party, for example) the regressives/MSM concoct an enemy they would prefer, and pretend their enemy is like that.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I think I'm politically alt-right. My politics haven't changed much over the years, but the labels have.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

I should add that there's a strongly Nietzschean cast to a lot of what they say, both in the sense of thinking naughty thoughts nobody else would allow themselves to think, and in the sense of thinking at a higher level than the chessboard struggle between black hats and white hats - at a level where one understands the virtue of evil in sharpening the good's wits, and vice-versa.