The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Spike13

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: As a kid, Peez was the type of loser who's so pathetic, he tried to fit in with the geeks to not seem so pathetic. He probably built an Enterprise model, but glued the engine nacelles on backwards.
Lol! And was probably the last kid who learned to do the Vulcan hand thing.
Only by prying is fingers open with the other hand. And then would pronounce: "Live and Prosper Long!"

Ahh, but dissecting road kill in the basement -- that's what truly set PZ apart from the crowd.
SCIENCE!!!!!

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

We should send Bill Shatner some support tweets and e-cards.

I'm sure Peez's denouement of him must have been devastating!

( along the lines of" who the fuck is B P Meyers? "Level of devastating)

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Spike13 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:Today on social media:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=584AE419
Still looks like a dude.( what the fuck does skin color have to do with anything? Work that crutch!!!)
The narrative is emerging that people (especially the runner who has complained in the media) are objecting to this because or race and not because of mechanical advantages from high test levels.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Yes because whenever anything involves a minority, no matter what, it is all because of racism!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The spin now in news stories is that Caster is 'diagnosed with a condition' -- hyperandroginism -- not that xe has a Y chromosome and testes.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The spin now in news stories is that Caster is 'diagnosed with a condition' -- hyperandroginism -- not that xe has a Y chromosome and testes.
Ok, Say it's true,

Does this condition give her an unfair advantage over other female athletes?

If so, well it's called an unfair advantage for a reason.

Either that or allow her competition to take supplements to level the playing field.( or have her compete in the men's division)

Although if she has a set of nuts, that would be the obvious solution.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

The key thing is they are denying that she has an advantage, and playing it off as an entitled white girl crying about being beaten by a black woman.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Political correctness is also leading to the rise of the phenomenon of 'convenience muslims' in UK jails - non-muslim prisoners who claim to have converted in order to get apparently better food, Fridays off from work details for prayers and, as the article mentions, less scrutiny from the staff. From what I've read, most of these muslims suddenly become apostates on leaving jail, though it's likely that a good few of of these convenience muslims become the fully-fledged type - and being dullards (as most criminals are) probably fertile ground for the radicals to plant their hate. In short, being a muslim in prison is easy time, and efforts to stop radicalisation aren't going to be helped by a system which effectively rewards islam.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

DrokkIt wrote:The key thing is they are denying that she has an advantage, and playing it off as an entitled white girl crying about being beaten by a black woman.
Given the circumstances, they have to know that shit ain't gonna fly.

It's all going to come out.

When it does, they'll look like the idiots they are.

Granted, that normally doesn't mean much because it'll be memory holed, but the general does remember. That's how you lose credibility. ( it takes a while, but eventually)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The spin now in news stories is that Caster is 'diagnosed with a condition' -- hyperandroginism -- not that xe has a Y chromosome and testes.
Ok, Say it's true,

Does this condition give her an unfair advantage over other female athletes?

If so, well it's called an unfair advantage for a reason.

Either that or allow her competition to take supplements to level the playing field.( or have her compete in the men's division)

Although if she has a set of nuts, that would be the obvious solution.
The nuts are internal, tho still pumping out testosterone. The other nuts are the ones circulating that little drivel on social media.

I think part of the problem with just supplementing the other athletes is that Semenya grew up with testosterone, giving her the size and build of a man. The condition is sad, but perhaps not as sad as women training for years for an event wherein they had to compete with what is arguably a man.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This is a spot that might run on USAnian TV a lot in the next few months.
[youtube][/youtube]
This reminds me a bit of those cartoons my friends would post on FB, with Native Americans turning away the "illegal immigrant" pilgrims. Given how that worked out for the natives, I'm not sure the cartoon sends the message people want it to. Likewise, if Trump can get America out of having to pay her bills, isn't that good for us? It's not as if fucking over weaker nations for an advantage is something new to the political process.

John D

Post by John D »

feathers wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Oh, I agree. However, is Pence worse than Dubya in this respect?
I do not know. With Dubya I was under the impression that his belief was nominal. I could be wrong there too. Who know what politicians really believe?
I was quite surprised to learn, not so long ago, that Jimmy Carter is a born-again Christian. He seemed quite moderate to me, and certainly not advertising his godbottery.
He almost lost the election after he did an interview with Playboy Magazine and said he had "lusted in his heart" and was a "sinner" as a result of his lust. Haha.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

The claim that Mokgadi means "girl among boys" is also gaining traction, much to the chagrin of males with the name.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

General public... Or at least anyone who is paying attention.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
The claim that Mokgadi means "girl among boys" is also gaining traction, much to the chagrin of males with the name.
Girl among boys, Ladies man, tomboy, whatever.

Billie from Ockham

Jimmy Carter is a devout Southern Baptist and has been for pretty much all of his life. (For those outside the US: Southern Baptists are some of the most extreme evangelicals out there.) But he also believes in the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment ... more than many atheists I know.

His main problem is naivety (which he still seems to have). He's so genuinely nice that he can't see nastiness in others. I help build a Habitat house with him about 20 or 25 years ago. Some of our tools were stolen from the site, but he said that it was probably by mistake. Clueless.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

What irks me here is that as far as I'm concerned this is in no way a judgement about whether Semenya is a woman or not.
Fair competition needs parameters, and in this manner of case there is scientific basis to believe Her condition yields an unfair advantage, and this is why doping laws forbid female competitors from taking testosterone supplements.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:I am saying that Pence, a religious conservative, is a better choice than a crook.
I understood that. I asked you why you say this. I find politicians that don't grok the 1st Amendment to be much more of a problem than those who are crooks.
John D wrote:He was a decent governor because he honestly represented the desires of his conservative constituents in Indiana. He didn't do anything that the people of Indiana didn't desire. Even the states religious freedom bill he signed was popular.... even though it was quickly changed after a great backlash from corporations and the tourism interests in the state.
Besides the extreme abortion law and the religious "freedom" law, what else did he champion and sign? And please note that the abortion law was not even popular among Republicans, so I have no idea why you say that he didn't do anything that the people of Indiana didn't want.
I would rather deal with an honest conservative at this point. At least he would be predictable. Maybe I am just tired of all the bullshit from Trump and Hillary. Pence would be a breath of fresh air. Sure... he would have a socially conservative agenda, but it would be fun to have this fight. I think we may need to have a really conservative abortion law for a while so everyone can see how much they hate it. I think it would be the last gasp of the old "Moral Majority" bs. Also... I could be completely full of shit on this. haha.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

DrokkIt wrote:What irks me here is that as far as I'm concerned this is in no way a judgement about whether Semenya is a woman or not.
Fair competition needs parameters, and in this manner of case there is scientific basis to believe Her condition yields an unfair advantage, and this is why doping laws forbid female competitors from taking testosterone supplements.
Welcome to the new age. By the next olymics expect doping/ cheating to be the rule as opposed to the exception. ( olympics by Russian rules anyone?)

No one is going to find that much cash just to not being able to compete.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Spike13 wrote:General public... Or at least anyone who is paying attention.
I must admit that wss confusing me (not a high hurdle)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DrokkIt wrote:Today on social media:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=584AE419
Well, some pre-industrial tribe in huts that also believes you can give someone the Evil Eye and foretell the future from chicken guts has got to know more about biology than us horrible colonializing Westerners, amirite?

SJWs are enamored of the shamanism of magical words.

Say it with me: Mokgadi

Say it with me: Abracadabra

Say it with me: O Wa Ta Na Siam

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Malky wrote:
I must admit that wss confusing me (not a high hurdle)[/quote

I must submit,I am sooo bad at proof reading before hitting submit.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Wow , holy shit....

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Spike13 wrote:Wow , holy shit....
holyshit.gif
(15.06 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Jimmy Carter is a devout Southern Baptist and has been for pretty much all of his life. (For those outside the US: Southern Baptists are some of the most extreme evangelicals out there.) But he also believes in the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment ... more than many atheists I know.

His main problem is naivety (which he still seems to have). He's so genuinely nice that he can't see nastiness in others. I help build a Habitat house with him about 20 or 25 years ago. Some of our tools were stolen from the site, but he said that it was probably by mistake. Clueless.
Your take on Jimmy is spot on. Far too nice and well-meaning, and projects that onto everyone else.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Jimmy Carter is a devout Southern Baptist and has been for pretty much all of his life. (For those outside the US: Southern Baptists are some of the most extreme evangelicals out there.) But he also believes in the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment ... more than many atheists I know.

Sounds like the Highs from Red Dwarf:
High Kryten: The poor wretch. He has a faulty gun. He has accidentally shot me five times. Oh, how I love him.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Your take on Jimmy is spot on. Far too nice and well-meaning, and projects that onto everyone else.
Whilst people like PZ Myers are the exact opposite. Nasty and bitter and they project it onto the world, that's why they think that everyone is evil and they're the only moral ones.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Which is why he screwed up the hostage crisis, he really did not understand the way other cultures deal with international affairs, assuming everything was in good faith.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

[youtube][/youtube]

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Whilst people like PZ Myers are the exact opposite. Nasty and bitter and they project it onto the world, that's why they think that everyone is evil and they're the only moral ones.
Myers projection and desperate need to virtue signal tells me he needs some serious therapy. He is one of the nastiest people I know, routinely hurting good people for reasons he simply makes up. His beliefs are so silly a child wouldnt' fall for them. Incredible, especially at his age, he is like an immature college kid who thinks he has found simple answers to complex issues. Something must have happened to him once. He needs help and if he wern't so nasty and self righteous I would feel sorry for him.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Wasn't Carter the one that got in trouble with the Religious Right for candidly admitting that he sometimes "lusts for other women in his heart" even though he's married (i.e. is still sexually attracted to other women, just like every other heterosexual man) ?

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

Anybody see Talib Kweli calling Sam Harris a white supremacist, implying Maajid Nawaz was a Muslim coon, saying Ali Rizvi is used by white supremacists, calling Tarek Fatah son and getting called "boy" back by Tarek Fatah? Complete shit show. If Talib isn't a racist no one is.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

More very British style political popcorn, as Corbyn's "sit down on the train because there are no seats" publicity scam starts to unravel. Virgin Trains (Branson's company) has released CCTV footage casting doubt on Corbyn's claims. Twitter is hilarious with the Corbynistas trying to 'splain everything away, and there are conspiracy theories galore.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... k-of-seats

Typically, it has been called #traingate.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:Wasn't Carter the one that got in trouble with the Religious Right for candidly admitting that he sometimes "lusts for other women in his heart" even though he's married (i.e. is still sexually attracted to other women, just like every other heterosexual man) ?
Yep. In a Playboy interview, no less.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spike13 wrote:Given Pizzy's penchant for trashing every Sci fi. Movie he's ever commented on, I don't get the feeling he was ever a real Trek fan. Probably a bit of a poser to get along with the social group he landed in.

You almost get the feeling that he despises the childish entertainment habits of his chosen flock.
Small fixes.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Define normal.
It's at the opposite end of the spectrum from cutting your dick off, then strapping on a new one.
Damn, I wish you had told me earlier.
Not to worry, you can still sell your dick to a passing dwarf merchant.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote:Wasn't Carter the one that got in trouble with the Religious Right for candidly admitting that he sometimes "lusts for other women in his heart" even though he's married (i.e. is still sexually attracted to other women, just like every other heterosexual man) ?
How can a guy so naïve get elected US President? Did people just thought that he was a good breath of fresh air after the demise of Tricky Dicky Nixon?

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:How can a guy so naïve get elected US President? Did people just thought that he was a good breath of fresh air after the demise of Tricky Dicky Nixon?
That's the popular explanation.

With that said, Nixon is a good example of a completely crooked (and paranoid) politician who was otherwise a good president.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I believe something similar happened to one of the US presidents.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:
Political correctness is also leading to the rise of the phenomenon of 'convenience muslims' in UK jails - non-muslim prisoners who claim to have converted in order to get apparently better food, Fridays off from work details for prayers and, as the article mentions, less scrutiny from the staff. From what I've read, most of these muslims suddenly become apostates on leaving jail, [...]
Ah but then... chopety-chop! No exceptions!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spike13 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:What irks me here is that as far as I'm concerned this is in no way a judgement about whether Semenya is a woman or not.
Welcome to the new age. By the next olymics expect doping/ cheating to be the rule as opposed to the exception. ( olympics by Russian rules anyone?)

No one is going to find that much cash just to not being able to compete.
Then many born-as-real-woman women are going to give it a pass, not matter their colour. Advance congrats to the Social Justice movement for a job well done.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
How can a guy so naïve get elected US President? Did people just thought that he was a good breath of fresh air after the demise of Tricky Dicky Nixon?
Yes.

But then Carter had a sit-down chat with us and in a serious voice said we needed to have less fun. Then Reagan came along and told us what we really needed was more fun. Guess who won that election.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Political correctness is also leading to the rise of the phenomenon of 'convenience muslims' in UK jails - non-muslim prisoners who claim to have converted in order to get apparently better food, Fridays off from work details for prayers and, as the article mentions, less scrutiny from the staff. From what I've read, most of these muslims suddenly become apostates on leaving jail, [...]
Most of them do. Some of them, especially if they've been converted by "certain clerics", actually become people like Richard Reid.

Anyway people have given way too many special rights to Muslims out of political correctness in the UK. Muslims get their own arbitration courts with their own laws, separated party meetings, shielding from criticism, they're coddled by Labour even when they're reactionary thinkers, their student unions get away with saying things that would lead anyone else to be called a sexist and homophobic monster while feminist and LGBT student unions are on their side, they get special treatment for their "offended religious feelings" in politics, Salafis get to throw their religion aggressively into politics with no criticism or backlash and in general they get away with the idea that they can simply turn the parts of the UK they live in into small Muslim supremacist theocracies, where non-Muslims and even different kind of Muslims (like the Ahmadi) aren't welcome and have to follow Muslim laws and principles.

Political correctness and the regressive left are to blame. Muslims should be told to follow the same rules as others, not get special treatment out of fear of appearing racists. They have to realize that the place they live is the country of every British citizen, not a Muslim land with Muslim rules and privileges.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:But then Carter had a sit-down chat with us and in a serious voice said we needed to have less fun.
Yep. And those of us with a 455 Trans Am in the driveway were not amused by the double-nickle.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I used to read the now defunct Islamic Awakening forum that up until a few years ago was openly pro-taliban/ al qaeda. They were HQed at a radical London mosque and had a large prison outreach program including penpal type programs and campaigns to free terrorist convicts. It was instructive to see how many of these pious motherfuckers were just run of the mill thugs that found Allah.
The organizing in prison thing has gone on for decades in the middle east with the Muslim Brotherhood, and one of the biggest mistakes the Americans did in Iraq was to house high ranking Baathist military and intelligence together with islamists that allowed them to organize into what is now ISIS.

Guest_1644ae84

Post by Guest_1644ae84 »

Just accidentally listened to Conspiracy Sceptics show with Carrie Poppy. She is one of the worst allies skeptics. She is completely uninformed, doesn't remember anything about her own chosen subject, no references. She is a credulous believer that would like to reinvent skepticism and science to suit her narcissistic needs.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

An excellent article I found. A snippet or two:

Ordinary people in Germany, Great Britain, France, America, and elsewhere aren’t just experiencing the dislocations of economic globalization. They’re not simply responding to cultural change, which is often driven by immigration. They’re losing their trust in those who rule them.

As Noonan puts it, over the last generation there has been “a kind of historic decoupling between the top and the bottom in the West that did not, in more moderate recent times, exist.” Those at the top of society no longer share the interests of those less fortunate. “At its heart it is not only a detachment from, but a lack of interest in, the lives of your countrymen, of those who are not at the table, and who understand that they’ve been abandoned by their leaders’ selfishness and mad virtue-signaling.”

... It’s odd, as Noonan says, “that our elites have abandoned or are abandoning the idea that they belong to a country, that they have ties that bring responsibilities,

..." Over time, the elephant graph predicts large-scale changes in democratic politics in the West. Elites now have a strong interest in weakening the nation-state, and thus diminishing the power of the voters to whom they are accountable. A radical ideology of open borders is one way to do that. Another way is to increase the power of international human rights tribunals. In a decade’s time I can easily imagine rulings that override national majorities that are deemed “unprogressive.”

But I need not evoke the future. For at least a generation, America’s most elite colleges and universities have explicitly refashioned themselves as global institutions. By implication, they are no longer accountable to America’s national interest..."

And , As a commenter says: "...Trump's manipulation of the fears of his constituency is particularly despicable, but for decades the American parties of the left and right have been united in advancing a globalism that has benefited the wealthiest and a cosmopolitan elite at the expense of the common folk of the nation, and in eroding their share of wealth, their solidarity and their culture. Trump, at this eleventh hour, has spoken (falsely I think) to the bewildered Americans left behind without job security, pensions or even their marriages. Reno is right when he points out that the elite from the left and right has also been united in expressing a real contempt for those left behind, and I sense that a process of dehumanization has long been at work and fear what it might be used to justify in our future."

I think this explains much of our leaders greed and disinterest in the concerns of everyday Americans, and in most of the 'western' countries, too.

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusi ... n-the-room

free thoughtpolice

Anybody here own Trump the Game?
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... board-game
I see them new in the package for $25 plus shipping on ebay! That's gotta be a sound investment for a sure to be collector's item. I'm thinking the best thing to do is get them to send it to you and then not pay them, just like Trump would do.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

feathers wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Given Pizzy's penchant for trashing every Sci fi. Movie he's ever commented on, I don't get the feeling he was ever a real Trek fan. Probably a bit of a poser to get along with the social group he landed in.

You almost get the feeling that he despises the childish entertainment habits of his chosen flock.
Small fixes.
I should hire you as my editor.... My book will come out right after maryim's

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Yes.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:But then Carter had a sit-down chat with us and in a serious voice said we needed to have less fun.
Yep. And those of us with a 455 Trans Am in the driveway were not amused by the double-nickle.
Nice car.... My buddy had one. Thing ate clutches for lunch, but what a ride.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Guest_1644ae84 wrote:Just accidentally listened to Conspiracy Sceptics show with Carrie Poppy. She is one of the worst allies skeptics. She is completely uninformed, doesn't remember anything about her own chosen subject, no references. She is a credulous believer that would like to reinvent skepticism and science to suit her narcissistic needs.
The problem with Carrie is she thought she dropped delusions for reason while she merely traded one reavealed truth for another.

free thoughtpolice

Hey Clarence! Her's something the MSM won't tell you:
[youtube][/youtube]

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Anybody here own Trump the Game?
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... board-game
I see them new in the package for $25 plus shipping on ebay! That's gotta be a sound investment for a sure to be collector's item. I'm thinking the best thing to do is get them to send it to you and then not pay them, just like Trump would do.
And people in the 70s thought that Billy Beer would be a good investment.So they purchased full six packs. And kept them. Literally millions of them. Guess how much they are worth in 2016? I dunno, about o.oooo1 cents more than the aluminum in the can would bring at the recycling center ???

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

[youtube][/youtube]

I know Barry Travis IRL

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:

Most SJWs seem to lack the capacity for pleasure. Even the polymory and the obsession with transwomen and strap-ons is just an effort to compensate for their inability to enjoy normal sex.
That's an interesting point. Normal people can enjoy a TV show or a book or even a cool breeze on a hot day. In order to feel joy, SJWs need to get someone fired for misgendering a person on the Internet, all while having sex with four of their closest friends.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Really? wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Most SJWs seem to lack the capacity for pleasure. Even the polymory and the obsession with transwomen and strap-ons is just an effort to compensate for their inability to enjoy normal sex.
That's an interesting point. Normal people can enjoy a TV show or a book or even a cool breeze on a hot day. In order to feel joy, SJWs need to get someone fired for misgendering a person on the Internet, all while having sex with four of their closest friends.
But they can climax only if the person being fired is one of those four.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Jerry Coyne has cited Carrier as a credible source of the historicity of Jeebus:
As for J. Warner Wallace, author of Cold-Case Christianity and now adjunct professor of apologetics at Biola University, his book appears to be based purely on whether Scripture seems reliable to a detective (see here for his case). Apparently it does. But if the case for Christianity (or rather the divinity of Jesus) is best made by Wallace and Strobel, yet refuted by many others, including the Biblical scholars Bart Ehrman and Richard Carrier, then one should hardly commit one’s life to the doctrine.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... /#comments

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:Jerry Coyne has cited Carrier as a credible source of the historicity of Jeebus:
As for J. Warner Wallace, author of Cold-Case Christianity and now adjunct professor of apologetics at Biola University, his book appears to be based purely on whether Scripture seems reliable to a detective (see here for his case). Apparently it does. But if the case for Christianity (or rather the divinity of Jesus) is best made by Wallace and Strobel, yet refuted by many others, including the Biblical scholars Bart Ehrman and Richard Carrier, then one should hardly commit one’s life to the doctrine.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... /#comments
December 2015, when Carrier was still speaking for SSA:
Jerry Coyne. Peter Boghossian. Richard Dawkins. Various others. I call them the Dudebros because they act like white privilege is awesome, pontificate infallibly like the Pope, and don’t understand any of the things they complain about. They are the Archie Bunkers of the 21st century. Progressives can also be wrong about things. These facts are not incompatible. But landing on the truth requires working harder. And the Dudebros just don’t.
Today, two examples will illustrate…
The Coyne of the Realm
In Eating “Ethnic Food” Has Now Become “Cultural Appropriation”, Jerry Coyne wrote a whole snearing article against Rachel Kuo who made a detailed argument for more cultural sensitivity when we enjoy or adapt foreign cuisines. Failing sixth grade reading comprehension, his entire article assumes her premise was that this is bad and we must never do it. He missed, I guess, the sentence, “Enjoying food from another culture is perfectly fine.” Oh, and, “If you love a dish and think it’s delicious, great! If you’re searching for a place that serves a particular dish, also great!” And, “I’m not against trying and cooking food outside your own culture.” Her words. Seriously. Read those sentences. Read his article. Tweet me a photo of your facepalm.
https://archive.is/Sep6p

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Most SJWs seem to lack the capacity for pleasure. Even the polymory and the obsession with transwomen and strap-ons is just an effort to compensate for their inability to enjoy normal sex.
With strap-ons, mind, and absolutely not in the constructed vag!