The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

deLurch wrote:So the person shot at the Milo event was a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and their "General Defense Committee"
https://archive.is/cCDfo

Take a good look at the two images on that webpage. "Make Fascists Afraid Again" and "Keep Calm and Punch Nazis" with the GDC logo on it.
Yeah, they start punching folk and get shot. That must have surprised the "no consequences" crowd. I blame lack of corporal punishment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:I think you're underestimating what it would be like to be lectured by Richie Carrier Jr. over the breakfast table each morning, as he demanded your wallet & called you an idiot. Pure murder-suicide.
Murder, yes. Suicide, no.

Anyway if your wife has an affair with Dick Carrier that's a good reason to divorce and demand a paternity test. Even the judge were a radical feminist you'd only need to let her hear Carrier's defense to rule in your favor as long as you can make him shut up.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
deLurch wrote:So the person shot at the Milo event was a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) and their "General Defense Committee"

Take a good look at the two images on that webpage. "Make Fascists Afraid Again" and "Keep Calm and Punch Nazis" with the GDC logo on it.
Yeah, they start punching folk and get shot. That must have surprised the "no consequences" crowd. I blame lack of corporal punishment.
Video of the shooting :

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:I am angry that the MSM has been lying about the size of Trump's hands and his crowds! :evil:
I believe alternative media and alternative facts!
[youtube][/youtube]
Four years of this. An untrustworthy media confronting a slippery and untrustworthy president. Whee. :bjarte:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Easy J wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Video of the shooting :

Thank you. Looks like not only were the protesters against Milo violent, they had weapons. Real smart.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Those assholes with the covered faces should all get rounded up. How different are they showing up at a protest like that any different than someone wearing a mask going into a bank?

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Tigzy wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:Holy fuck, the latest Thunderf00t video is priceless!

[youtube][/youtube]

This video just gave my arse a headache. It's that fucking stupid!
So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.
I think he's saying that you see anarchists at all kinds of protests. I've no doubt that if Hillary got in, they'd have been out in force.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I am not surprised that so many FTBers, Orbitards, and their commentariat are suddenly coming out as cheerleaders for physical violence. Radical leftists, like their counterparts on the right, have always had a fetish for violence. The writings of PZ Myers are full of rage and violent metaphors. And do I need to mention the infamous porcupine meme? I think not. What does surprise me is that in all their apologetics these wannabe Red Guards have so far failed to provide the best argument of all (unless I missed it).

The brave Social Justice Warrior who punched Nazi guy in the face was punching up.

See, that makes it all right. Punching up is always okay, as the SJWs have been telling us for ages. But why stop there? I mean, why not also punch people who protest against punching people? They are clearly on the wrong side of history, aren't they? It is in fact entirely correct to punch anyone who is not totally on board with SJW ideology. Because that is always punching up, and therefore justified.

Meanwhile, all they have done is to make a Nazi scumbag appear like the innocent victim of a cowardly, unprovoked attack. Imagine how this looks to the average viewer. A polite, well-dressed person is giving an interview, when suddenly a thug in a hoodie jumps in front of the camera and lands a punch in the man's face. Surely, a resounding PR success, but not for the SJW. Dr. Goebbels would have known how to exploit a situation like this. It's all of breathtaking stupidity, both the initial punch and the cheerleading afterwards. What can possibly go wrong?

These fucking idiots are the best supporters Trump could wish for.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Svanatee and the other Twitter activists advising violence might want to stop and think that they will be dealing with a lot of conservatives who grew up in a gun culture. They learned firearms from a young age, own them and know how to use them. Absolute idiocy to think they can suddenly resort to violence without it exploding in their faces.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.
Over 11 mins long. Even when I might agree with some things he says in the past , he does have a habit lately of repeating the same point as if no one gets it the first time. A lot of his recent stuff could do with editing down and being half the length.
Couldn't agree with you more. Judicious use of seeker with his vids.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Easy J wrote:Video of the shooting :
Thanks. That Asian was really trying to get away, but the crowd dressed like black block kept on grabbing him and holding on. The guy looked terrified.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:I am not surprised that so many FTBers, Orbitards, and their commentariat are suddenly coming out as cheerleaders for physical violence. Radical leftists, like their counterparts on the right, have always had a fetish for violence. The writings of PZ Myers are full of rage and violent metaphors. And do I need to mention the infamous porcupine meme? I think not. What does surprise me is that in all their apologetics these wannabe Red Guards have so far failed to provide the best argument of all (unless I missed it).

The brave Social Justice Warrior who punched Nazi guy in the face was punching up.

See, that makes it all right. Punching up is always okay, as the SJWs have been telling us for ages. But why stop there? I mean, why not also punch people who protest against punching people? They are clearly on the wrong side of history, aren't they? It is in fact entirely correct to punch anyone who is not totally on board with SJW ideology. Because that is always punching up, and therefore justified.

Meanwhile, all they have done is to make a Nazi scumbag appear like the innocent victim of a cowardly, unprovoked attack. Imagine how this looks to the average viewer. A polite, well-dressed person is giving an interview, when suddenly a thug in a hoodie jumps in front of the camera and lands a punch in the man's face. Surely, a resounding PR success, but not for the SJW. Dr. Goebbels would have known how to exploit a situation like this. It's all of breathtaking stupidity, both the initial punch and the cheerleading afterwards. What can possibly go wrong?

They don't care about winning elections or changing things, they care about expressing their rage by proxy on the targets they hate. PeeZie is likely dreaming about punching all the jocks who gave him wedgies in high school, all the cheeky college kids he has taught at uni, all the trolls and assorted critics he's had on the web, to universal SJW acclaim. The same is true for the other SJWs. They're more interested in revenge and satisfying their feelings of impotent rage than in actually changing things for the better. It's all a big temper tantrum against anything they dislike.

Yes, Trump is going to exploit the "liberal hatred" for his entire term. Critics will be smeared as haters and uncivil, Trump and his cronies will likely sue journalists for slander or try to get them fired, every failed promise or failure in general of his administration will be blamed on the workings of hateful and conniving liberals. And the more morons like Myers and his ilk will celebrate punching anyone they hate the more Trump will look better and saner. After all if there are people who approve of punching those they disagree with out of the blue who's to say that they don't also secretly work to undermine all the progress made by the Great Benevolent Orange Master?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is complaining his 8.00am "introduction to" students aren't coming in fully read up and preparing to contribute. Sux when you mentally prepare for a tutorial and wind up having to deliver an unprepared lecture.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Of course he blames his students for being tired. Not his delivery.

Two words.

"Dan" and "Carlin".

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

A left-wing organization known to show up at events to engage in violence...showed up at an event they were ideologically opposed to & engaged in violence.

One of their members, armed with brass knuckles & a knife, was shot while engaged in a scuffle. With a white male right-wing gun nut? No. One of the aisian versions, apparently.

If the media could be trusted, this would be a gift to Milo. As it sits, it'll probably count as proof that Milo & his Trumpist brownshirts are gearing up for a schneeflockenacht.

some guy

Post by some guy »

deLurch wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:Over 11 mins long. Even when I might agree with some things he says in the past , he does have a habit lately of repeating the same point as if no one gets it the first time. A lot of his recent stuff could do with editing down and being half the length.
Agreed. If you look at some of his recent hoax videos on scam products, he tends to go over kill on repeating pretty much the same counter argument over and over again. His earlier videos were better at providing one kill shot per bad aspect of a product. He also tends to go overboard by showing video clips that he is arguing against over and over and over again.

Remember Thunderf00t, if you can nail down your best arguments in 5 minutes, no need to take a full half hour beating the dead horse into the ground. I would hate for you to go the way of the Steersman.
Yes, Tf00t's video are usually way way too long, which really kills their impact. Even where I watch the whole thing and think he made excellent points, I am almost always pissed that he dragged the video out so long. This one in particular could have been ~1/4 as long.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:I am not surprised that so many FTBers, Orbitards, and their commentariat are suddenly coming out as cheerleaders for physical violence. Radical leftists, like their counterparts on the right, have always had a fetish for violence. The writings of PZ Myers are full of rage and violent metaphors. And do I need to mention the infamous porcupine meme? I think not. What does surprise me is that in all their apologetics these wannabe Red Guards have so far failed to provide the best argument of all (unless I missed it).

They don't care about winning elections or changing things, they care about expressing their rage by proxy on the targets they hate. PeeZie is likely dreaming about punching all the jocks who gave him wedgies in high school, all the cheeky college kids he has taught at uni, all the trolls and assorted critics he's had on the web, to universal SJW acclaim. The same is true for the other SJWs. They're more interested in revenge and satisfying their feelings of impotent rage than in actually changing things for the better. It's all a big temper tantrum against anything they dislike.

Yes, Trump is going to exploit the "liberal hatred" for his entire term. Critics will be smeared as haters and uncivil, Trump and his cronies will likely sue journalists for slander or try to get them fired, every failed promise or failure in general of his administration will be blamed on the workings of hateful and conniving liberals. And the more morons like Myers and his ilk will celebrate punching anyone they hate the more Trump will look better and saner. After all if there are people who approve of punching those they disagree with out of the blue who's to say that they don't also secretly work to undermine all the progress made by the Great Benevolent Orange Master?
What's more, the arguments that Peezus and his commentariat are giving in support of punching a Nazi are also arguments for physically attacking Trump himself.

My greatest fear is that some SJW or other deranged person actually manages to assassinate Trump. In those circumstances a President Pence or his successor might actually turn out to be Hitler (re-)incarnate.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

From the video, it appears as if yellow hat man, when he is backing up away from the black-clad thugs, is going back into a few people with red hats. One red hat person appears to put a comforting protective hand on his shoulder that is not rebuffed, suggesting that the person knew him or was in some way on friendly terms.

My best guess right now is that the yellow hat man, was in fact a Trump/Milo supporter. And yes, they do make Yellow MAGA hats.
http://www.mytrumpstore.com/product/mak ... reat-gift/

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Someone has already schooled him:

http://i.imgur.com/HtV847I.png
Some lucky cunt has a rocketship.com and is using it to tweek peez? Damn.

Also, long time no see, 40 odd pages ahead. See you at the other side.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

This video uploaded by "SPLC Hatewatch" clearly shows the alleged shooter's face from about 7:30-8:00 mark.

After the 8:00 mark, it shows the person who was shot just as he begins to get in a tussle with a Red Hat, that preceded the shootee going after the yellow hat guy. Whoever was videoing should have had an excellent vantage point for recording in high resolution that altercation between the shootee and the yellow hat guy. But it conveniently cuts out at that point and goes straight to the aftermath of the cops doing clean up. I don't know who did the selective cut. SPLC, or the people who gave it to SPLC.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Embed for the lazy.
[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Jan Steen wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

What's more, the arguments that Peezus and his commentariat are giving in support of punching a Nazi are also arguments for physically attacking Trump himself.

My greatest fear is that some SJW or other deranged person actually manages to assassinate Trump. In those circumstances a President Pence or his successor might actually turn out to be Hitler (re-)incarnate.
I disagree only because Trump is probably already going to let Pence play backseat President much like Cheney under Dubya.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Svanatee and the other Twitter activists advising violence might want to stop and think that they will be dealing with a lot of conservatives who grew up in a gun culture. They learned firearms from a young age, own them and know how to use them. Absolute idiocy to think they can suddenly resort to violence without it exploding in their faces.
I'd argue that being anti-gun and pro-violence is hypocritical nonsense.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

On a more positive note, PZ has recovered sufficently from the death of Carrier Fisher to pose the following question in his latest post: "does the Star Wars universe have vibrators?"

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Svanatee and the other Twitter activists advising violence might want to stop and think that they will be dealing with a lot of conservatives who grew up in a gun culture. They learned firearms from a young age, own them and know how to use them. Absolute idiocy to think they can suddenly resort to violence without it exploding in their faces.
Rather clueless bunch (surprise, surprise). Though one might be apprehensive about the "devolution" of gun and violence culture:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I used to have a lot of time for Tfoot, but his recent stuff has come across to me as someone that's got a bit full of themselves.

That and the weird beef with SpaceX that seems to go beyond scientific interest.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Sunder wrote:
I seem to remember that Zvan is pro-gun.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sulman wrote:I used to have a lot of time for Tfoot, but his recent stuff has come across to me as someone that's got a bit full of themselves.

That and the weird beef with SpaceX that seems to go beyond scientific interest.
Just spitballing, t-foot went after musk's train in a tube project, that in turn may have led him to look closer at SpaceX. There do seem to be some flaws in the project. Also there may be a feeling SpaceX may lead to less funding/support for public space exploration.

Whatever the case is, he does do a good job of going after sciencey type hucksters.long winded and all.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Jan Steen wrote:
Sunder wrote:

Certainly not pro-salad shooter...

https://youtu.be/lvL-I3Dfeqc

free thoughtpolice

Jan Steen wrote:
Sunder wrote:
And Mr. Zvan is a Bambi murderer.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I just learned a new euphemism for lying.
Kellyanne Conway denies Trump press secretary lied: ‘He offered alternative facts’

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Jan Steen wrote:I just learned a new euphemism for lying.
Kellyanne Conway denies Trump press secretary lied: ‘He offered alternative facts’
:lol: :liar: Seems the Mainstream Media not the only ones guilty of bending the truth:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... secretary/

Hopefully, that Spicer & Conway wound up with egg on their faces will lead to Trump pulling in his horns somewhat. But, somewhat apropos of which, interesting post over at Quillette on the topic: The New Trump-ian Order

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Transport the lot of them
Public transport?
Yes - it's a government run scheme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation

If we stick with tradition - Australia can once again do it's bit.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

This beats "misspoke". There is now an alternative state of affairs in a given situation with equal factual standing. You are now entitled to your own facts to back up your lived experiences. Due respect to Conway for creativity & balls.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The more of a sinner you were, the better the story is. Nobody is going to care about the guy who used to smoke a couple of cigarettes a day and then quit smoking, or about the mild-mannered fellow who drunk socially and then became a teetotaler, or about the guy who cheated on his wife once then managed to make her forgive him and never did it again. It's not spectacular enough, it doesn't show the power of the change. You need theatrics, you need drama, so you need the worst of the worst to the turn into the best of the best.
The same also applies in reverse - the tee-total guy who suddenly discovers the joy(s) of binge drinking, the "good guy" husband who becomes a whore-meister post-divorce or the "I'll try anything once" fool who ends up addicted to junk.

Blank slates tend to make the best monsters.
Indeed. Reminds me of something that's been commonly quoted, and variously attributed to all and sundry stretching back to St. Augustine:
Saint Thomas Aquinas is reputed to have employed the phrase "hominem unius libri timeo" (meaning "I fear the man of a single book"). .... The phrase was in origin a dismissal of eclecticism, i.e. the "fear" is of the formidable intellectual opponent who has dedicated himself to and become a master in a single chosen discipline; however, the phrase today most often refers to the interpretation of expressing "fear" of the opinions of the illiterate man who has "only read a single book".
Or the people of a single - or singular - experience which haven't been tempered by other points of view. And, of course, religion - secular and otherwise - seems to be one of the more problematic cases-in-point.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:I think you're underestimating what it would be like to be lectured by Richie Carrier Jr. over the breakfast table each morning, as he demanded your wallet & called you an idiot. Pure murder-suicide.

Anyway if your wife has an affair with Dick Carrier that's a good reason to divorce and demand a paternity test. Even the judge were a radical feminist you'd only need to let her hear Carrier's defense to rule in your favor as long as you can make him shut up.
One way to tell your wife sat on Richard Carrier's face: if your twin daughters look just-like Aron Ra & Matt Dillahunty.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: <snip>

One way to tell your wife sat on Richard Carrier's face: if your twin daughters look just-like Aron Ra & Matt Dillahunty.
:lol: "Two whites don't make a Wong" ...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Jan Steen wrote:I am not surprised that so many FTBers, Orbitards, and their commentariat are suddenly coming out as cheerleaders for physical violence. Radical leftists, like their counterparts on the right, have always had a fetish for violence.
I've said it for years, the Baboons have ALWAYS had a penchant for violence, and they itch to engage in it when they think they can get away with it.

Remember Greg Laden? Remember InSvanity's insane "Greg" defence of him? "Die in a fire", etc.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

That's gotta be a Best Post Evah!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Jan Steen wrote:I seem to remember that Zvan is pro-gun.
Well, she's certainly pro-GUT.

:lol:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

So my husband is hooked on this Show called Frontier on Netflix. It's about the fur trade and the Hudson Bay Company in the late 17th century. Normally I'd be all over a show like this, but every antagonist is a Joffrey or a Ramsey Bolton. The natives are noble savages with mystical tracking abilities. The Europeans say "fucking"(or fookin') every other word, which I don't think is authentic period swearing, and(sorry Canuck friends)it just has the stink of backbacon all over it. The only thing in it for me is Jason Momoa. Anyone here watch it?

free thoughtpolice

katamari Damassi wrote:So my husband is hooked on this Show called Frontier on Netflix. It's about the fur trade and the Hudson Bay Company in the late 17th century. Normally I'd be all over a show like this, but every antagonist is a Joffrey or a Ramsey Bolton. The natives are noble savages with mystical tracking abilities. The Europeans say "fucking"(or fookin') every other word, which I don't think is authentic period swearing, and(sorry Canuck friends)it just has the stink of backbacon all over it. The only thing in it for me is Jason Momoa. Anyone here watch it?
I've never seen it, but I hear that New World savages weren't as good at tracking as the Sealice from Africa.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

That's as good as being 'economical with the truth'!

free thoughtpolice

Tommy Sotomayor is quite the character. He is the SJW exception for blacks not being able to be racist:
[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Fucking LOL!

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Tigzy wrote:

Citizen Smith said:
We don’t have confirmation that the person who shot our comrade was a counter-protester angry at those protesting Milo’s hateful white nationalist misogyny. We do know that he turned himself into the police several hours later, claiming ‘self-defense.’
Well Einstein, I'd suggest removing all that gubbins about punching nazis and making fascists afraid, cos you just might be handing his lawyer a wee bit of a gift there.
Wow, what a fucking surprise. Violence tends to escalate. Who'd have guessed?

So thanks retards for promoting your righteous face punching. You're doing a great job of "scaring" people into fighting back and raising the stakes in the worst way.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote:Fucking LOL!

[youtube][/youtube]
Wow. They were quick to conform to gender stereotypes, weren't they. :lol:

Normally I wouldn't laugh, but given that it's now apparently okay - nay desirable - to be amused by the violence inflicted on a proponent of an ideology responsible for the deaths of millions, I guess I ought to guffaw a bit.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy wrote:So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.
Thunderf00t is entirely correct. To reiterate: Lauren Southern follows around a black block (another German invention yay), a literal flag carrying anarchist group of violent "protestors" and pretents they are (1) represntative of the Anti-Trump demonstration, when they are clearly not, (2) through deceptive editing make it appear as if their vanadlism was done by normal protestors, including of pretending the shaky cam was "raw" footage when it was clearly edited and (3) that a few smashed cars or starbucks windows was like "complete anarchy" and a taste of what's to come — same problems as with synagogue "news" some pages ago. (4) Thunderf00t shows that with the same deceptive editing, you can juxtapose Trump's words with a message on the burned out car, “we are the people” and pretend that apparently, these are Pro-Trumpists. Hence (5) I think the rule is when some mainstream media is bad, alternative news is worse.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Aneris wrote: Thunderf00t is entirely correct. To reiterate: Lauren Southern follows around a black block (another German invention yay), a literal flag carrying anarchist group of violent "protestors" and pretents they are (1) represntative of the Anti-Trump demonstration, when they are clearly not, (2) through deceptive editing make it appear as if their vanadlism was done by normal protestors, including of pretending the shaky cam was "raw" footage when it was clearly edited and (3) that a few smashed cars or starbucks windows was like "complete anarchy" and a taste of what's to come — same problems as with synagogue "news" some pages ago. (4) Thunderf00t shows that with the same deceptive editing, you can juxtapose Trump's words with a message on the burned out car, “we are the people” and pretend that apparently, these are Pro-Trumpists. Hence (5) I think the rule is when some mainstream media is bad, alternative news is worse.
This shit drives me up a wall. I've said it before, but I absolutely despise someone who has a clear case against an opponent and still feels the need to lie and exaggerate to make it look worse. They get to go from being in the right to horribly in the wrong, and my sympathies go out the window.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
I think he's saying that you see anarchists at all kinds of protests. I've no doubt that if Hillary got in, they'd have been out in force.
I strongly disagree.

free thoughtpolice

Aneris wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy wrote:So...what point is Tfoot trying to make here? That anarchism and being anti-Trump is mutually exclusive? Cos that's what it looks like. Weird.
Thunderf00t is entirely correct. To reiterate: Lauren Southern follows around a black block (another German invention yay), a literal flag carrying anarchist group of violent "protestors" and pretents they are (1) represntative of the Anti-Trump demonstration, when they are clearly not, (2) through deceptive editing make it appear as if their vanadlism was done by normal protestors, including of pretending the shaky cam was "raw" footage when it was clearly edited and (3) that a few smashed cars or starbucks windows was like "complete anarchy" and a taste of what's to come — same problems as with synagogue "news" some pages ago. (4) Thunderf00t shows that with the same deceptive editing, you can juxtapose Trump's words with a message on the burned out car, “we are the people” and pretend that apparently, these are Pro-Trumpists. Hence (5) I think the rule is when some mainstream media is bad, alternative news is worse.
Rebel Media is Bullshit. The founder has been sued for bullshit and consistently lost. .
Pizzagate. :drool:

some guy

Post by some guy »

Quizotron tonight!

Starts in about 40 minutes! Anyone in SF planning on attending? (or peeking in the door?)

https://sfsketchfest2017.sched.com/even ... bert-young

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I saw that Trump marshmallow test comic again, the one that Becky and Peezy thought was so funny.

Let's try the marshmallow test on them and their ilk: "You can hit your opponents in the nose now, or you can defeat them politically in four years."

I wonder which they'll choose.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Remember, folks, It's very important to take your 5 and 7 and 9 year old daughters to the Women's March & explain to them the President is a terrifying rapist who hurts women and wants to take away girls' freedom & close all the playgrounds.

Show your pre-teen daughters that adult women get their way by gathering into clusters to all bounce fear, rage, self-pity & righteous indignation off each-other.

Show them the power of all women of all ages-- whether mommy, grandma, teacher, leader, or kindergartener is best expressed in spunky punky funky teenager-style rebellion.

My vagina! My rules! Bitches Get Shit Done! This pussy grabs back! Brianna Wu 2018!

http://i.imgur.com/Ejt1Aea.png

Guest_6f73ead0

Post by Guest_6f73ead0 »

Aneris wrote:
Thunderf00t is entirely correct. To reiterate: Lauren Southern follows around a black block (another German invention yay), a literal flag carrying anarchist group of violent "protestors" and pretents they are (1) represntative of the Anti-Trump demonstration, when they are clearly not,
I don't know that that is clear.

As you say, this is a German innovation, and so you and Thunderf00t are almost certainly more aware of it, and understand what it is, than Southern.

Now, I only watched a 1/3rd of the video or so, but I also don't know that she knows they are not #RegressiveLeft, but is pretending that they are.

What's Hanlon's Razor? Google says ""Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity," or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding.""

To flip this on its head, Lauren Southern does not (seem to) refer to herself as a reporter.

therebel.media laurensouthern
Lauren Southern is a right-wing activist, writer and host for TheRebel.media. She is well known for her commentary on feminism, free speech and immigration. Lauren has contributed to a number of programs and websites including CBC radio, BBC Radio, The Libertarian Republic, Spiked Online, IB Times and Sky News. She is an avid reader and lover of liberty, individuality and responsibility.
The wiki says she is a political activist and studied political science, not journalism.

Certainly Thunderf00t and you Aneris know she is not a reporter, why are you "pretending" otherwise?

Southern and Thunderf00t are basically the same in this one respect, vloggers.

Where I live there are plenty of left wingers, plenty of right wingers, a lot of folks in the middle, but I don't think many people know of any "anarchists", and I know that while I have heard of the black bloc, I would not have associated that "A" with them until Thunderf00t explained.

If I did see a group of people in hoodies vandalizing shit while spouting anti-trump slogans on the day of the inauguration, well, yeah, I probably would associate that with left wing politics, (and likely blm and sjw) not with anarchists. There are plenty of sjws today (including Jon Favreau, Obama speechwriter) gleeful about punching out Nazis. Do I think SJWs and BLM are capable of burning cars and rioting?

In the video, did Thunderf00t try to contact her? I mean he really should or his "report" on this is flawed just as Southern's "report" is.

I'm a pretty big fan of both, Thunderf00t because of his science videos and his critical eye, her because she has the guts to put herself into some dicey situations, ask questions, make observations, and report as best she can, as well as having the brains to get out safely from most of them.

CaptainFluffyBunny

katamari Damassi wrote:So my husband is hooked on this Show called Frontier on Netflix. It's about the fur trade and the Hudson Bay Company in the late 17th century. Normally I'd be all over a show like this, but every antagonist is a Joffrey or a Ramsey Bolton. The natives are noble savages with mystical tracking abilities. The Europeans say "fucking"(or fookin') every other word, which I don't think is authentic period swearing, and(sorry Canuck friends)it just has the stink of backbacon all over it. The only thing in it for me is Jason Momoa. Anyone here watch it?
Giving it a shot tonight. Historical problems and anachronisms abound. Not gripped so far, plot and acting too contrived. Will give it another couple of episodes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

An interesting article from one of my LinkedIn contacts on whether classical Sunni Islam supports terrorism.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Aneris wrote:Thunderf00t is entirely correct. To reiterate: Lauren Southern follows around a black block (another German invention yay), a literal flag carrying anarchist group of violent "protestors" and pretents they are (1) represntative of the Anti-Trump demonstration, when they are clearly not, (2) through deceptive editing make it appear as if their vanadlism was done by normal protestors, including of pretending the shaky cam was "raw" footage when it was clearly edited and (3) that a few smashed cars or starbucks windows was like "complete anarchy" and a taste of what's to come — same problems as with synagogue "news" some pages ago. (4) Thunderf00t shows that with the same deceptive editing, you can juxtapose Trump's words with a message on the burned out car, “we are the people” and pretend that apparently, these are Pro-Trumpists. Hence (5) I think the rule is when some mainstream media is bad, alternative news is worse.
You've made your point much better than Thunderfoot though. From his video it's easy to infer that he's saying that the black block aren't protesting against Trump and would have protested in same fashion even if Trump didn't win. They are protesting against Trump and we don't know whether they would have protested in the same fashion and with the same intensity if Trump lost.

As you say, though, they're simply not representative of the protests in general, they're simply taking advantage of the heated political climate to find an excuse to gather together and smash things (just like they've done in other moments of political climate, like during many anti-G8 protests). And yes, Southern has a pro-Trump bias so she uses various tricks (selective editing, shaky cam, emotional narrative, faking or exaggerating concerns) to make the black block idiots look like a force to be reckoned with instead of a group of people who exploit moments of tension to act like vandals in the name of a confused anarchist ideology.

The rule is simply that "alternative" media isn't better than "mainstream" media. (I don't even think that there's such a clear dicothomy between the two: FoxNews or MSNBC straddle the line). Who's better or worse? It depends on which situation you're talking about, and it's always useful to be skeptical of all news sources, to recognize common tricks of the media and to double check everything you're told.