The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

I am surprised that Trump made it through the inauguration without some nutbag trying to take a shot at him.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

Suet Cardigan wrote:http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

So I voted Independant, and think Trump will wind up being the worst President in my lifetime (this goes back to Nixon). Even if he gets voted out in 4 years or impeached sooner I think he's going to do some lasting damage both internally and to our relationships around the world.

That said, seeing shit like the Twatter vid above and hearing how little the people supposedly on 'my side' of things have learned from our defeat in the election makes me want to go full-on Quisling, get myself an alt-Right armband, and find a pussy or two to grab.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Sunder wrote:
But I know Republicans definitely don't want trade protectionism, so we won't get it
I hope you're right about that. Ryan has been talking about putting on an import tax that could even effect energy sales so I'm not sure how much they can be counted on curbing the calls for more tariffs.
Canada has a lot of our economy dependent on trade with the US so we could hurt really bad if we're dragged into a trade war. As Trump has a habit of screwing the little guys you can see why some of us are a bit nervous.

free thoughtpolice

random lurker wrote:
That said, seeing shit like the Twatter vid above and hearing how little the people supposedly on 'my side' of things have learned from our defeat in the election makes me want to go full-on Quisling, get myself an alt-Right armband, and find a pussy or two to grab.
The dems don't seem to have learned anything. I watched some of DeVos' hearing where I think it was Bob Casey was grilling her about what she would do about the campus rape epidemic. :roll:

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

AndrewV69 wrote:Despite being completely alone in the house, I just stood for the USA National Anthem. In my defense I always stand for any national anthem.
You can stand while I sing my favourite verse:

God grant that Marshal Wade
Will, by thy mighty aid
Victory Bring
May he sedition hush
and like a torrent rush
rebellious scots to crush
God Save The King !

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sunder wrote:
Wild Zontargs wrote: Even Snopes is telling people to calm their tits, and they're not exactly pro-Trump.
I'll take the blame for being gullible here as I was unfamiliar with how the white house site handled archives.
Oh, the news outlets were covering it. Direly. There was a blow-blow of pages being taken down. Facebook went fairly berserk over it, as I feared.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Random Lurker wrote:So I voted Independant, and think Trump will wind up being the worst President in my lifetime (this goes back to Nixon). Even if he gets voted out in 4 years or impeached sooner I think he's going to do some lasting damage both internally and to our relationships around the world.
Do you think he'll be worse than Dubya? That's a tough act to follow.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Dave

Post by Dave »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Dave wrote:So some of my friends are going to various protests tomorrow. Good for them, catharsis can be healthy. But one of them is offering to carry the names of people who cant make it, so they will be there in spirit or something. And she is getting dozens of takers. DaFuq? That seems the most pointless gesture. Ohhh I feel better because someone had my name on a piece of paper in their pocket when they protested! I swear I inch a little bit more towards liking the Cheetos-faced cockwomble every time his opponents open their cakeholes.
I was at the W inauguration protest in 2001, and a couple of war protests. I understand the need for such things, but I'm soured on the whole thing. Somehow I always ended up next to the "free Mumia" people. No way to stay on message. Every fringe group parasitically attaching themselves and attempting to steal focus. Much of the crowd was made up of young virtue signalers or kids who wanted to play 60's radical, and then there were the shit stirrers who thought it would be cool to provoke the cops.
I get the need for the protests. Ive done a few protests at times, some for shits-n-giggles and some where I thought it might make a difference. Im not much for catharsis, Id rather take my emotions out on my liver. But I encouraged my wife to go, shes fairly upset about the whole thing. I think there is value for many in going, even thought its not going to change fuck-all. Although who knows? This could serve to refocus the left, fuck knows they could use it. Its the carrying names in pockets that Im baffled by. It just seems the ultimate in slacktivism and virtue-signalling.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Dave wrote:
Its the carrying names in pockets that Im baffled by. It just seems the ultimate in slacktivism and virtue-signalling.
There's precedent for it - eg the Romans / British making votive offerings to rivers and streams, or writing a letter to Santa when you were 7 years old.

I think Austin Osman Spare used written notes in his magic/masturbation rituals too.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Random Lurker wrote:So I voted Independant, and think Trump will wind up being the worst President in my lifetime (this goes back to Nixon). Even if he gets voted out in 4 years or impeached sooner I think he's going to do some lasting damage both internally and to our relationships around the world.
Do you think he'll be worse than Dubya? That's a tough act to follow.

I do, in a number of ways. The main concern I have which I think is most realistic is environmental (glad I don't own land in Florida right now). An overly-business friendly take on environmental regs is bound to give short-term gains over long-term sustainability. On the international / nightmare scenario side I wonder if he won't put North Korea into Gotterdammerung mode, and they'll do something squirrely on the assumption that they're going down anyway so might as well take some people with them.

But I was also utterly convinced as a youth that Reagan was going to bring us to nuclear war, the only question being would it be global or confined to a theater. Since we all remember when that happened, it's safe to say I'm humble enough to admit how horribly wrong I could be in my opinions. I mean, a few months ago I was actually hopeful that the election would motivate my fellow libs to stop screaming "<x>-ist!" at each and every perceived racial/gender/whatever slight.

All I can say I really know for sure at this point is that Kate Beckinsale has a fantastic ass. Apart from that it's all worries and hopes, so nothing to make a scene in the public square over. Damn, I really hope Captain Nooo in that vid has a kid some day, and said kid finds that video.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

My bet is that Trump will sell off American relations and influence under the "america first" pretense. He'll cash some of that for himself and his buddies, and if he's smart invest some of it in key metrics to look good on paper (the trusted tactic of Conservatives). Influence and relations and such aren't in the books, so some of it can be sold to Putin (for example) in exchange for some favours.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

free thoughtpolice wrote:random lurker wrote:
The dems don't seem to have learned anything. I watched some of DeVos' hearing where I think it was Bob Casey was grilling her about what she would do about the campus rape epidemic. :roll:
Yeah, right about now in the USofA being a non-SJW liberal feels pretty much like this :

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

katamari Damassi wrote:Trump spokesperson a Die Antwoord fan?

LMAO! That is a good one. BTW, this is the approved way to protest, well according to me at any rate. *shrug*

I dunno but it seems to me that if you are going to protest, do it in a way that anyone trying to criticize you for doing so looks childish, or a scold, generally make it impossible to say anything because they will look bad and expose themselves to ridicule.
All they can do is put on a grin and bear it in silence (gritted teeth optional).

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

piginthecity wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Despite being completely alone in the house, I just stood for the USA National Anthem. In my defense I always stand for any national anthem.
You can stand while I sing my favourite verse:

God grant that Marshal Wade
Will, by thy mighty aid
Victory Bring
May he sedition hush
and like a torrent rush
rebellious scots to crush
God Save The King !
I blame Bonnie Prince Charlie for that mess in '45. Insufferable toss pot with the brains that God gave a goose as my Gran used to say. I am no fan of his.

Anyway, suggest you read this? The Alleged Rebellious Scots "Verse" De-bunked
As we will show, it would be last sung (if at all) in late 1745 at the time of Marshal Wade's endeavours to find and fight the Jacobite insurgence into England, led by Charles Edward Stuart ("Bonnie Prince Charlie"). Furthermore, it was never part of "the National Anthem", which did not become established as such until the beginning of the 19th century.
Will Ye No Come Back Again?
[youtube][/youtube]

*mutter mutter swear curse*

Fuck No!

The first time was bad enough. I swear I have so many bloodthirsty, bloody minded stubborn and stupid ancestors is a wonder they survived long enough to reproduce.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

katamari Damassi wrote: I was at the W inauguration protest in 2001, and a couple of war protests. I understand the need for such things, but I'm soured on the whole thing. Somehow I always ended up next to the "free Mumia" people. No way to stay on message. Every fringe group parasitically attaching themselves and attempting to steal focus. Much of the crowd was made up of young virtue signalers or kids who wanted to play 60's radical, and then there were the shit stirrers who thought it would be cool to provoke the cops.
Similarly I used to go to a lot of protests when I was a younger Drokk.
Notable examples were the various anti-war ones in the early 2000s and later protesting the ID cards bill that Labour tried to bring in.
I can confirm that you end up squashed in with all manner of undesirables (in the UK it's a lot of pro-Palestine and vegans) who dilute the meaning of what is going on.
Ultimately it's mostly about making yourself feel better and achieves very little so I became cynical and gave up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:A perceived threat to their sources of income or their safety is what motivates most people to vote.
I think this is wrong. I know for me, at least, I'll trade off money/taxes/income for culture.
Children, mortgage and/or impending retirement will change this priority very quickly.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A white nationalist getting sucker punched is giving Twitter runts Peez and Rebecca panty explosions.

http://imgur.com/olsJuly.jpg

http://imgur.com/oK6bsoz.jpg

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Sunder wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The liberal left are fucked.
They're fucked if they stick with their losing tactics. There's a strong element of defeatism to the present left. They think the country's full of idiots and shitlords and thus of course they can't beat Trump. And many of them are more interested in playing victim than strategizing to win.

There are people on the left who understand what they need to do to win, and it's not hard to figure out. But it can't be done without dropping the dead weight.
It's not going to happen until there's a tipping point at which sensible people on the Left somehow manage to extricate the SJW tentacles from their brains.

This forum, and the anti-SJW Left on Youtube is proof that it can be done, but I wonder if more mainstream Left-wing folks are either innately less critical thinkers, or too much invested in virtue-signalling to keep their social positions and avoid social shaming, or perhaps both.

(I know someone who has a mid-level job at the BBC and he's been having doubts. He's an older guy who's traditional Left, actually cares about the working class, warts and all, and voted Brexit for sound Left-wing reasons that are part of the Labour tradition, but he's finding that he's having to walk on eggshells and keep schtum most of the time. So much so that he's even starting to listen to my libertarian rantings with more open ears these days :) I don't see him openly speaking out though. It's a bit analogous of a situation to the one Daniel Dennett talked about re. unbelieving priests, it's just really, really hard to come out of the closet when you have so much of your life invested in a point of view, so many friends you've picked up along the way on the basis of shared beliefs, etc.)

I guess it could happen if some high-profile Left-wingers peel away and reform, but in a way being a Left-wing "heretic" (or less pejoratively, "turncoat", perhaps) puts you in an even worse position than being a straight-up Right-winger - one's former position doesn't count in those circumstances, one is almost instantly a pariah.

And yet the needed reform can only truly come from within the Left itself - perhaps dressed in a new jargon or something, I dunno.

It's quite a conundrum.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:A white nationalist getting sucker punched is giving Twitter runts Peez and Rebecca panty explosions.

I'm sure he superimposes the face of a different one of his jock bullies each time he wanks to this.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Apropos of which:
Even by Laurie Penny's low standards, that's quite spectacularly retarded.
I almost feel like the left is playing a game to see how they can take what Trump says, select the least stupid parts, and make themselves look like idiots by attacking it. "OMG he's anti-terror can you even believe that shit?"
Indeed, although no shortage of push-back against her - hope she's not blocking everyone, maybe she'll learn something though I wouldn't put much money on either eventuality. Cases in point:

Sunder wrote:Meanwhile over at FA, people are simply stunned that Trump has promised to put American interests first in policy because isn't that just so selfish?

Fucking hell, Trump is a soft target and so many liberals still manage to bruise their even softer heads against him.
Yea.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... bdf896.jpg
Something kind of clueless, if not hypocritical and fraudulent, in people suggesting that putting one's own interests first is some sort of "high crime and misdemeanor". I'm reminded of the spiel by airline hostesses about passengers with children should, in the event of a cabin depressurization, put their own masks on first before trying to do so for their children. There's frequently some merit in putting "the needs of the many" ahead of "the needs of the few" including one's own, but it is hardly an absolute.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Continuing to enjoy Fallout 4. Highly recommend the alternate start mod Start Me Up, which not only gives you numerous alternate start possibilities like other alternate start mods, but also removes all implications from NPC dialogue that you're Shaun's parent, which enables you to really roleplay in Fallout 4 as any character you want.

Anyway, for everyone's delectation, I present the "radio" tracks from Fallout 4. Some of these were in Fallout 3, but there are a few new gems, particularly "Rocket 69" and "Sixty Minute Man":-

[youtube][/youtube]

It's always a bit of a culture shock to realize that some really quite raunchy sexual content managed to get released in the olden days, like being reminded that your parents actually must have had sex to produce you. :D

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I'm sure he superimposes the face of a different one of his jock bullies each time he wanks to this.
I'm sure he could rub one out just thinking about truck owners on fire.

http://imgur.com/eBnRhlm.jpg

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

gurugeorge wrote:
It's not going to happen until there's a tipping point at which sensible people on the Left somehow manage to extricate the SJW tentacles from their brains.

This forum, and the anti-SJW Left on Youtube is proof that it can be done, but I wonder if more mainstream Left-wing folks are either innately less critical thinkers, or too much invested in virtue-signalling to keep their social positions and avoid social shaming, or perhaps both.

(I know someone who has a mid-level job at the BBC and he's been having doubts. He's an older guy who's traditional Left, actually cares about the working class, warts and all, and voted Brexit for sound Left-wing reasons that are part of the Labour tradition, but he's finding that he's having to walk on eggshells and keep schtum most of the time. So much so that he's even starting to listen to my libertarian rantings with more open ears these days :) I don't see him openly speaking out though. It's a bit analogous of a situation to the one Daniel Dennett talked about re. unbelieving priests, it's just really, really hard to come out of the closet when you have so much of your life invested in a point of view, so many friends you've picked up along the way on the basis of shared beliefs, etc.)

I guess it could happen if some high-profile Left-wingers peel away and reform, but in a way being a Left-wing "heretic" (or less pejoratively, "turncoat", perhaps) puts you in an even worse position than being a straight-up Right-winger - one's former position doesn't count in those circumstances, one is almost instantly a pariah.

And yet the needed reform can only truly come from within the Left itself - perhaps dressed in a new jargon or something, I dunno.

It's quite a conundrum.
I think you are right, you just end up embedded in a very particular community culture and speaking up has a very high cost in terms of people giving you shit.
I very rarely say anything in public that isn't totally safe, and if I do feel the need to make some point I have to carefully position said point within disclaimers to prevent histrionics.
Also I used to work at the BBC as well, maybe it's in the air...

Really?

Post by Really? »

Unless some peaceful protesters use violence to shut it down, Milo is doing a talk at 10 PST:

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm confused. Aren't Peezus and pals the sort who take potshots at the mythical Founders who were mostly wealthy white people who didn't like paying taxes? Why would their violent behavior be excusable or something they'd want to emulate?

Oh, right, it's because Peezus is a pissant wannabe bully who only stops short of violence because he's weak and cowardly and can do nothing but fantasize.

Keating

Post by Keating »

gurugeorge wrote:Continuing to enjoy Fallout 4. Highly recommend the alternate start mod Start Me Up, which not only gives you numerous alternate start possibilities like other alternate start mods, but also removes all implications from NPC dialogue that you're Shaun's parent, which enables you to really roleplay in Fallout 4 as any character you want.

Anyway, for everyone's delectation, I present the "radio" tracks from Fallout 4. Some of these were in Fallout 3, but there are a few new gems, particularly "Rocket 69" and "Sixty Minute Man":-

[.youtube][/youtube]

It's always a bit of a culture shock to realize that some really quite raunchy sexual content managed to get released in the olden days, like being reminded that your parents actually must have had sex to produce you. :D
I think The Witcher 3 is a better game, but I do like some of the cultural aspects of Fallout 4.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

An amusing something for ROBOKiTTY in particular who I may have offended somewhat by suggesting some cultures are "superior" to others (at least on some axes) ;-)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I'm sure he superimposes the face of a different one of his jock bullies each time he wanks to this.
I'm sure he could rub one out just thinking about truck owners on fire.

http://imgur.com/eBnRhlm.jpg

Hey, c'mon. If you post a UMM publicity shot, please provide proper attribution. That is low, Ape.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote:I think this is wrong. I know for me, at least, I'll trade off money/taxes/income for culture.
Children, mortgage and/or impending retirement will change this priority very quickly.
Maybe. I can certainly see wanting to have more money for booze after dropping off my rotund, transgender kid at women's studies class.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

gurugeorge wrote:It's not going to happen until there's a tipping point at which sensible people on the Left somehow manage to extricate the SJW tentacles from their brains.

The tact you're going to keep hearing from the regressives is "Why are you attacking us when we should be working together against Trump?"

And the answer given should be "Because you make our forces weaker against him, not stronger."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Elfwick has been quoted in news.com.au re "Captain Nooooo!"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 3d0928747b

http://i.imgur.com/syyy7QL.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Outbreak of :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: on social media, as various people are Godwinning, justifying violence, etc. The next four years are gonna be fucking crazy.

Anyway, if we can now support and justify punching Nazis and [redacted on orders of FT], does this mean I can promote the idea of punching PZ Myers? I mean, he's worse than the fucking Nazis.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Hey, c'mon. If you post a UMM publicity shot, please provide proper attribution. That is low, Ape.
Lol! Yes, of course. The orientation brochure source (slight return):

http://i.imgur.com/7FGN3lj.jpg

free thoughtpolice

:lol: :lol: :drool:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Hey, c'mon. If you post a UMM publicity shot, please provide proper attribution. That is low, Ape.

[i.mg]http://i.imgur.com/7FGN3lj.jpg[/img]

:lol: :cdc: :lol: :clap:

Tweeted - even if it brings on a ban!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

gurugeorge wrote:Continuing to enjoy Fallout 4 <snip>
Yup, I'm pretty much hooked.

Having said that, I've paused the main campaign effort and am now exploring the base-building elements of the game, trying to develop the perfect FOB, tearing my hair out at the stupidity of the npc settlers etc.

Legs, this game has them.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

[i.mg]http://i.imgur.com/7FGN3lj.jpg[/img]

:lol: :cdc: :lol: :clap:

Tweeted - even if it brings on a ban!
Noooo! Thanks Brive, but it's not worth a ban! :shock:

How about a mosaic-ed version, would that be safer?

http://imgur.com/6qtMiHO.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Why would you cover up a cunt but leave PZ's face in the clear?

Makes no sense.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ape+lust wrote:A white nationalist getting sucker punched is giving Twitter runts Peez and Rebecca panty explosions.

http://imgur.com/olsJuly.jpg

Rebecca Watson & PZ Myers retweeting the self-confessed pedophile Sarah Nyberg.

“yes, I am a pedo. I embraced my childlover soul long ago.” --Sarah Nyberg

“If you’re not willing to hook up with an 11 year old, you’re an ageist, we hate you, and you need to leave.” --Sarah Nyberg

"I used to think 5/6/7 was too young, but [name of Nyberg's 8 year old cousin, redacted] changed my mind," --Sarah Nyberg

No, "tsk, tsk" for Nyberg, PZ?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:Continuing to enjoy Fallout 4 <snip>
Yup, I'm pretty much hooked.

Having said that, I've paused the main campaign effort and am now exploring the base-building elements of the game, trying to develop the perfect FOB, tearing my hair out at the stupidity of the npc settlers etc.

Legs, this game has them.
Here's that dudes Landrover. He is seriously interested in getting a Mog .....

http://i.imgur.com/m7BWCiC.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

The way Peez and the regressives have been burning through social capital, I can't help but be surprised he's dumb enough to tweet this.

When Peez finally shits his drawers because he was cornered by a snarling opponent, I might sing odes to "human consequences" under his window.

http://imgur.com/jmRXFsw.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Why would you cover up a cunt but leave PZ's face in the clear?

Makes no sense.
:lol:

Destroyed by a koan. I bow humbly.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jeezus. Looks who's taunting everyone with "Miss me yet?" antics.

http://imgur.com/EebDwbu.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

This tweet from the Dawkster must have confused some SJWs.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Apparently someone's been shot outside the Milo event.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote:Rebecca Watson & PZ Myers retweeting the self-confessed pedophile Sarah Nyberg.

“yes, I am a pedo. I embraced my childlover soul long ago.” --Sarah Nyberg

“If you’re not willing to hook up with an 11 year old, you’re an ageist, we hate you, and you need to leave.” --Sarah Nyberg

"I used to think 5/6/7 was too young, but [name of Nyberg's 8 year old cousin, redacted] changed my mind," --Sarah Nyberg

No, "tsk, tsk" for Nyberg, PZ?
It's the mystery of this age, isn't it? Any toxic shitlord puts a dress on and suddenly he's alpha material, to be indulged and defended to the very last. Makes me wonder if SJWs aren't compelled by pheremones, like ants. One whiff of estrogen and man-splaining becomes "strong assertive woman."

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/7FGN3lj.jpg
:lol: :clap: Might I suggest one of the ladies in foreground should have blue hair?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fuzzy wrote:Apparently someone's been shot outside the Milo event.
May be unrelated violence nearby.

http://q13fox.com/2017/01/20/police-pus ... mmentator/

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steersman wrote: :lol: :clap: Might I suggest one of the ladies in foreground should have blue hair?
Then I'd have to put a chubber on Peez. I can live without that :D

Thank you, Steersman.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:This tweet from the Dawkster must have confused some SJWs.
In his rejection of Trump and consequential support for the forthcoming "Women's March", I don't think Dawkins knows what type of strange bedfellows he's consorting with:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

There. Better:

[youtube][/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I remain hooked on the anti-public-schooling, libertarian "School Sucks Podcast". The last few episodes have been deemed "Empath-thon", an attempt by the right-leaning host to hold a produuctive conversation with two libertarian guests who are SJW sympathizers... they defend feminism, cultural appropriation, #BlackLivesMatter... the whole list. Apparently they're in favor of all that in a non-compulsory (thus libertarian) way. But they strike me as ill-informed about how all the things they defend-- have an inherent tendency to grow Mandatory enforcement. The host doesnt hold their feet to the fire... but I found that gave me room to form my own arguments in my head... the rebuttals I wish he had made.

I went thru Times Square today, people were looking up at the big screens, watching the inaugeration, like that scene in every alien invasion movie where a giant saucer hovers over ny. A waitress peering out of the Bubba Gump Shrimp theme restaurant reminded me of that famous dust bowl okie mother photo.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 451d49.jpg

Then I hung art for a rich guy. Drank some of his moonshine & MCT Oil. One art piece was a US map sketch by Al Franken.. a party trick Franken does because he has a background in cartography or geography or such. I figure he probably cranks 'em out for Dem donors.

My neighbors watched the inaug on tv then got drunk at corner bar. When I got home the wifey wanted to tell me she was truly scared by Trump. It quickly became clear to me that her fear is due to the insecurity of Trump being an unknown quantity. This is the first election she has paid attention to. When Clinton was new in '92, gen x'ers welcomed the unknown novelty. Same when Obama replaced Bush. But this time many young people really have a consevative taste for the familiar/ distaste for novelty. This neighbor admits she is fuzzy on what is scary about Trump. It's her own fuzzy vision which is spooking her. That & all the other twerps on reddit stirring her & each other up.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Did you all catch that the dude that ran over people in Melbourne was a Muslim?

I know an insane number of people from Melbourne and I guess that slipped their mind in all the shit they were posting.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

rayshul wrote:Did you all catch that the dude that ran over people in Melbourne was a Muslim?

I know an insane number of people from Melbourne and I guess that slipped their mind in all the shit they were posting.
Nope, he's a 'Greek islamic kurdish ANGEL OF CULT'

He threw a burning bible at (then gouged at the eyes of) the man he stole the car from as well, but we can be quite sure this has nothing to so with Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chase.html

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

fuzzy wrote:
rayshul wrote:Did you all catch that the dude that ran over people in Melbourne was a Muslim?

Nope, he's a 'Greek islamic kurdish ANGEL OF CULT'

He threw a burning bible at (then gouged at the eyes of) the man he stole the car from as well, but we can be quite sure this has nothing to so with Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chase.html
"The fact he shouted Allahu Akbar was completely coincidental...'

Literally why everyone hates the media right now.