Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Steersman »

Old_ones wrote:
Untitled.jpg
:lol:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive: Is your new dog cute? If yes that is a bad thing and you will have to train him out of it. They will get you hooked on Oxytocin.
[youtube][/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:Could Hornblower's ego really rival the Cock Carrier himself?

I'll say this, Tricky Dicky might be an overinflated spunk bubble, but he's something in the way of an education. Bjornheck's smug self-satisfaction has even less grounding in reality if that's even possible.
HJ's education is rather spotty at best - "one can forgive the young everything except their youth" - as he is certainly over enamored of postmodernism and "feminist" bafflegab. But he has a substantially better grounding in science than Carrier will ever have; you may wish to check out some of his posts at Sinmantyx, for example.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:New bloggers coming to FTB, including HJ Horndog.
http://archive.is/jRGcx
So Caine gets announcing rights? I see magic-squaw playing a 2IC-PZ to the Ed apparent.
Caine is Peez's house wigwammer.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

katamari Damassi wrote:Still on my honeymoon, now in St Thomas awaiting an emergency CT of my brain. Yesterday in St Kitts I had an episode of vertigo and was unable to locate my left arm-it took me several attempts to put my left hand into my pocket. I also had tingling all over my left side. The ship doctor thinks it was a transitory blood clot that cleared itself, but ordered this CT and arranged for it to be done in St Thomas. My blood pressure is way up as a result and I'm supposed to be taking it easy, but I'm about to lose it at this clinic because despite having good insurance they're demanding multiple authorizations before they'll do anything. I think nothing less than a valise full of cash will satisfy them. Keep in mind St Thomas is a US territory. If I have a stroke it will be their fault.
Get well. :(

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I like 'different feminisms' though.
Not me buddy. My feminism is terfless, intersectional quantum feminism and Rebecca Watson is its' messenger or it is bullshit! :ugeek:
My feminism is interest free.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I like 'different feminisms' though.

'Hi! Do you believe in equality for women?'

'Ummm...which of the equality for womens are you talking about here?'
Again, not an unreasonable argument.
Indeed, Steersman. Indeed. But the point, as usual, has flown right over your shiny fucking dalek dome.

How often have you heard an SJW/feminist say, 'Look, feminism is about equality for women, yaaah? So how can you be against equality for women, yaaaah? You're some kinda misogynist if you do that, yaaaah?' And you then go on to point out, say, the Christina Sommers take on feminism as opposed to 'Teh patriarchy!!!' brand, only to get a response along the lines of Sommers not being a real feminist and a tool of the patriarchy.

Which is why I was most amused to see the expression 'different feminisms' coming from a dyed-in-the-hemp SJW such as Crip Dyke. Hence my small sketch involving the use of 'equality for womens'.
I geddit that you're reduced to gales of laughter at the supposed incongruity and hypocrisy of Crip Dyke's argument. But after we've had our little chortles, I think it wise to see where we can go from there. And supporting her in her criticisms of "feminist" dogma seems rather worthwhile - "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" and all that:
[youtube][/youtube]

Kind of a "4 legs good, 2 legs bad" thing - or maybe a "3 legs good, 2 legs bad" thing or maybe just a boner for all things FTB? - to do otherwise.
Tigzy wrote:In fairness, I suspect your circuits got a little fried on account of the fact that you got the horn.
How do you figure that? Don't see that I've been hoist by my own petard, or feel any burning in my nether regions.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:Im no David Foster Wallace fanboy... just thought the video dovetailed nicely with Kirbmarc's opinion.

I see much more connection between entertainment po-mo & academic po-mo, than you do.

But today's SJW-- on-campus & off-- is the inbred grandchild of the late 80's/early 90's version. Like Kanye vs. Bill Cosby. Both are wrecks, but only the predecessor could act correct while giving commencement speeches & collecting honorary degrees.
It was a very interesting and fascinating video, thank you! It put into words something which I realized on a, shall we say, instinctual level. I like mean-spirited, corrosive humor but it can't be the end of it all. There has to be some sentiment, some kind of feeling, in order for it to be tolerable. Cynical humor is great in small bits but a marathon of Seinfield or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia leaves me exhausted, wheareas a marathon of Community or yes, Better Call Saul leaves me in a far better mood.

Yes, we're all together in this mad, nonsensical, screwed up world and while there's no god, there's no successful ideology and technological development can lead to great opportunities but it can also lead to great disasters at least it's worthwhile to try to follow an ethos, to try to give people a chance, to try to do something of value.

At the risk of being a sappy cunt I think that one of the many communities I'm a part of is this forum. We quarrel a lot, we quote and re-quote each other to our heart's content, we fight about boringfoot and Israel and Palestine and pizzagate, we argue dictionary definitions with Steersman until our faces turn blue, but ultimately we all at least care for one thing, the existence of this space where there's no censorship (other than of illegal material and of doxxing). And that's something.

Thanks to all of you magnificent bastards, and happy 2017 to the Slymepit.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: I geddit that you're reduced to gales of laughter at the supposed incongruity and hypocrisy of Crip Dyke's argument. But after we've had our little chortles, I think it wise to see where we can go from there. And supporting her in her criticisms of "feminist" dogma seems rather worthwhile - "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" and all that:
Tigzy wrote:In fairness, I suspect your circuits got a little fried on account of the fact that you got the horn.
How do you figure that? Don't see that I've been hoist by my own petard, or feel any burning in my nether regions.
The fuck you sticking up for Crip Dyke for? Is it because she goes around in a wheelchair and you think you're in with a chance because she appears part robot?

Also, Steers - 'getting the horn' does not generally involve a burning sensation in the 'nether regions' unless you've recently been circumcised or had the pleasure of an inexpensive prostit - oh. Oh I see now.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Im no David Foster Wallace fanboy... just thought the video dovetailed nicely with Kirbmarc's opinion.

I see much more connection between entertainment po-mo & academic po-mo, than you do.

But today's SJW-- on-campus & off-- is the inbred grandchild of the late 80's/early 90's version. Like Kanye vs. Bill Cosby. Both are wrecks, but only the predecessor could act correct while giving commencement speeches & collecting honorary degrees.
... but ultimately we all at least care for one thing, the existence of this space where there's no censorship (other than of illegal material and of doxxing). And that's something.

Thanks to all of you magnificent bastards, and happy 2017 to the Slymepit.
Indeed. A guiding principle, a thread that ties many other somewhat disparate (if not somewhat desperate) ones together, something worth championing.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Malky wrote:KD hope they sort you out soon - definitely take it easy - let your husband lose his shit with them.
I doubt his husband has any shit left to lose. He's a big boy is Katamari.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: I geddit that you're reduced to gales of laughter at the supposed incongruity and hypocrisy of Crip Dyke's argument. But after we've had our little chortles, I think it wise to see where we can go from there. And supporting her in her criticisms of "feminist" dogma seems rather worthwhile - "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" and all that:
The fuck you sticking up for Crip Dyke for? Is it because she goes around in a wheelchair and you think you're in with a chance because she appears part robot?
:lol: Sure, now that I'm in my dotage and only get around with a cane (not yet) but still have the "urge to merge", that has to be my only motivation. At least she's apparently willing to consider that there's some questionable dogma associated with feminism - might be something worth supporting, all without any ulterior motives in mind - apart maybe from promoting the "truth", whatever it might be.
Tigzy wrote:Also, Steers - 'getting the horn' does not generally involve a burning sensation in the 'nether regions' unless you've recently been circumcised or had the pleasure of an inexpensive prostit - oh. Oh I see now.
You still haven't given any indication of how you think it applicable.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Stray, happy thought... The Killer survived 2016.

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:Word on the street about the Trump-Peeing prostitute is that it is old 4chan fan fiction slipped to a liberal nut case (and shopped around to several liberal media outlets) in the hopes that some of them would bite on it. It turns out that the only one who bit on it enough to include it in one of their reports was the CIA. And since it was included in one of their reports, NOW liberal media outlets are chomping on it hard.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-1 ... eport-hoax
If this is true then I wonder what the hell the CIA is doing. But it's also perfectly possible than 4chan is trolling us now.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: :lol: Sure, now that I'm in my dotage and only get around with a cane (not yet) but still have the "urge to merge", that has to be my only motivation. At least she's apparently willing to consider that there's some questionable dogma associated with feminism - might be something worth supporting, all without any ulterior motives in mind - apart maybe from promoting the "truth", whatever it might be.
Fuck her. She's a mong. I'm not gonna waste my time with it. TBH, I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time with you. It's like trying to tell a blind person what the colour red looks like.
Tigzy wrote:Also, Steers - 'getting the horn' does not generally involve a burning sensation in the 'nether regions' unless you've recently been circumcised or had the pleasure of an inexpensive prostit - oh. Oh I see now.
You still haven't given any indication of how you think it applicable.
No, I'm not gonna explain it to you, you excessively literalist nincompoop. Stew on it. Hope your circuits blow.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The source of the Trump leak (lol) has been named as former MI6 intelligence officer, Christopher Steele. A spy with that name sounds a bit too Tom Clancy to be true, but I had a look on the Company House website regarding his firm - Orbis Business Intelligence - and he appears to be the real deal.

If it was indeed him who collated and released the info. That said, if I was holding stock in his firm, I'd be selling like crazy on the offchance that he got hoodwinked by a trolling op.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

katamari Damassi wrote:Still on my honeymoon, now in St Thomas awaiting an emergency CT of my brain. Yesterday in St Kitts I had an episode of vertigo and was unable to locate my left arm-it took me several attempts to put my left hand into my pocket. I also had tingling all over my left side. The ship doctor thinks it was a transitory blood clot that cleared itself, but ordered this CT and arranged for it to be done in St Thomas. My blood pressure is way up as a result and I'm supposed to be taking it easy, but I'm about to lose it at this clinic because despite having good insurance they're demanding multiple authorizations before they'll do anything. I think nothing less than a valise full of cash will satisfy them. Keep in mind St Thomas is a US territory. If I have a stroke it will be their fault.
Sounds like God is punishing you for your proclivities ;)

Fingers crossed for you.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote:Light entertainment begins in 48 minutes.

[yourtube][/youtube]
Theryn Meyer interviewing D. Muscato livestream is now live

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

fuzzy wrote:
deLurch wrote:Light entertainment begins in 48 minutes.

[yourtube][/youtube]
Theryn Meyer interviewing D. Muscato livestream is now live

Did I just hear Danielle right? Did he just say that it's fine to not present as a woman because women with breast cancer might not be able to do so either?

That's some...weird kinda thinking there.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

They had technical difficulties and have tried a new live stream.
[youtube][/youtube]

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Relax, it's 2017.

Seriously, get well.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Sunder wrote:Every Hordelet gets a blog (except Nerd).

FTB's gonna have more bloggers than readers.
Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

"Sometimes just changing your name and preferred gender pronouns is enough to alleve gender phosphoria." -Muscato

It is a fucking sexual kink for someone who isn't getting any.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]
and the responce...
[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

This is who Muscato wants to be because of the youth & happiness.

http://i.imgur.com/y5bMZRn.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:This is who Muscato wants to be because of the youth & happiness.

http://i.imgur.com/y5bMZRn.jpg
Many men want to be inside her, but Muscato takes it way too far. :rimshot:

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

deLurch wrote:"Sometimes just changing your name and preferred gender pronouns is enough to alleve gender phosphoria." -Muscato

I caught the end of the video. Muscato handled it better than your typical SJW would have.
Theryn even apologized for being a cunt to them.
I give them both kudos for doing it.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

HoneyWagon wrote:
deLurch wrote:"Sometimes just changing your name and preferred gender pronouns is enough to alleve gender phosphoria." -Muscato

I caught the end of the video. Muscato handled it better than your typical SJW would have.
Seconded. I thought Muscato seemed very reasonable and didn't insist on the 'social construct' angle.
If someone made a video mocking my appearance like that I'm not sure I could respond in such a decent way.

free thoughtpolice

King Crimson wednesday?
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

King Crimson wednesday?
[youtube][/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote: Did I just hear Danielle right? Did he just say that it's fine to not present as a woman because women with breast cancer might not be able to do so either?

That's some...weird kinda thinking there.
Women have two breasts. If a person doesn't have two breasts, they're not a woman. QED.
DrokkIt wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:

Seconded. I thought Muscato seemed very reasonable and didn't insist on the 'social construct' angle.
If someone made a video mocking my appearance like that I'm not sure I could respond in such a decent way.
I don't think Theryn was a bitch in the original video and we all understand why. She has gone through a lot of actual physical change and put a shit-ton of effort into being a woman. Muscato didn't even have a legal name change. All he did was ask people to call him Danielle and to say she and her.

From now on, Really? should be called Reallina? and xir would like to be referred to as "she" or "her."

That's all it takes? I would love for people to perceive me as athletic, but that would take a lot of actual work.

"I focus on separation of religion and government," she says, wearing that same Black Lives Matter hoodie with the safety pin.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, has anyone seen Crip Dyke's first post yet? Tis a veritable mire of Sokalist bafflegab (TW: might give Steersman the horn):
When disagreements occur within feminism and among feminists, as a conflict-solving measure I will explain the roots of different feminist perspectives. In particular, I wish to explore the meta-ethics of feminism. For those not in the know, our ethics are our rules about what is good and what is bad. Our meta-ethics are our processes for deciding whether something is good or something is bad. Meta-ethics also includes some other points: how we categorize different ethical systems, the process of studying others’ ethics or our own, and more. In this context though, studying what values and assumptions are used by different feminisms in the process of understanding something as good or bad can help us see the strengths and weaknesses of different feminisms. Hopefully this will also permit us the insight necessary to solve the conflicts prompt our meta-ethical musings.

Perhaps almost a 2.1 rather than a separate point 3, I believe that the meta-ethics of different feminisms constitute a much better basis for categorizing them than the historical eras of their birth/prominence. As such, I hold a different view of the so-called “Wave-Theory of Feminisms” than others. Over time, I’d like to construct a related set of posts that can serve as an explanation of the meta-ethics of various waves. With sufficient explanation of various systems of ethics, hopefully it will become apparent to readers even before conflict emerges that on some topic feminist opinion is likely to diverge. At that point, readers will be ready to make strong contributions to any ethical conversations which take place within feminism and also to make strong contributions back to this blog and to the FtB community about the ethical systems of liberation movements I have not studied.

This can lead to a study of individual meta-ethics: not merely whether each of us should adopt some ethical position, but why each of us should do so. With experience in these conversations, perhaps we can convince each other to value things that we value that others do not (yet) and, on the other side, when coming to understand the value of something previously undervalued, perhaps we will be better at identifying how a value can change one’s ethics without leading to a fear that one is somehow losing one’s ethical balance.

In some other circles, we're moving towards Individualist Feminism vs. Collectivist Feminism (The former could also be described as egalitarianism or whatever) as being fundamentally different, and presenting Individualist Feminism as an alternative to Collectivist Feminism, as there's a belief that it's bigoted nonsense.

The question really is..do you think that all women, or all people for that matter do not have the same goals aspirations and dreams? Or do you think that we need to be constantly compared, ranked and sorted with some sort of easily compared criteria? That's the difference here.

I tend to be someone who prefers who is willing to discuss matters. But honestly, I think until Collectivist Feminists (including pretty much all of the A+ crew) understand that there's people out there...feminists even who think they're all a bunch of bigoted creeps, we're not really talking.

Really?

Post by Really? »

In case anyone was offended, in my previous post, I meant to say that "Muscato didn't even have a legal name change. All Dave did upon going public was asking people to call him Danielle and to say she and her instead."

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:Word on the street about the Trump-Peeing prostitute is that it is old 4chan fan fiction slipped to a liberal nut case (and shopped around to several liberal media outlets) in the hopes that some of them would bite on it. It turns out that the only one who bit on it enough to include it in one of their reports was the CIA. And since it was included in one of their reports, NOW liberal media outlets are chomping on it hard.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-1 ... eport-hoax
If this is true then I wonder what the hell the CIA is doing. But it's also perfectly possible than 4chan is trolling us now.
Annoying the CIA might not be such a good idea, you might get poked with an umbrella.

(Yes, I know that was the KGB's shtick, but I'm sure we've stolen it by now)

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Really? wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
I don't think Theryn was a bitch in the original video and we all understand why. She has gone through a lot of actual physical change and put a shit-ton of effort into being a woman. Muscato didn't even have a legal name change. All he did was ask people to call him Danielle and to say she and her.

From now on, Really? should be called Reallina? and xir would like to be referred to as "she" or "her."

That's all it takes? I would love for people to perceive me as athletic, but that would take a lot of actual work.

"I focus on separation of religion and government," she says, wearing that same Black Lives Matter hoodie with the safety pin.
I was commenting on Muscato's manner and guts, not on the ideas or politics because it's a different matter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Brive: Is your new dog cute? If yes that is a bad thing and you will have to train him out of it. They will get you hooked on Oxytocin.
[youtube][/youtube]
I have special glasses that make this:

http://i.imgur.com/2bsmNNC.jpg

Look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/eukWmBx.jpg

Using a rolled newspaper, the marks barely show ....

free thoughtpolice

:lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:In case anyone was offended, in my previous post, I meant to say that "Muscato didn't even have a legal name change. All Dave did upon going public was asking people to call him Danielle and to say she and her instead."
But he got a tattoo of a woman he really liked on his arm. If that doesn't show he is a real woman, I don't know what does.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Get well, KD. On your honeymoon, no less.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

I have always thought of "on the down low" as being a phrase of black gays in the US. Anyone know different that would explain Meyers's use of it about his new bloggers?

http://i.imgur.com/Awytz2G.png

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

I have always thought of "on the down low" as being a phrase of black gays in the US. Anyone know different that would explain Meyers's use of it about his new bloggers?

I prefer to think that he's using 25 year old slang to show the kids that he's "hep" to their "jive" and not out of touch.

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

He's jiggy wid dat, so it's ok.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:

He's jiggy wid dat, so it's ok.
Oh good christ, just imagine Meyers introducing himself to a line of new students, and one of them is AA. Meyers goes in with his hand, but tries to do the full blackshake. Complete with the clinch and fist to the back. While the student is bewildered, and looking around for some help with this weird guy.

*whispers in ear* "It's OK. One of my regular commenters is an Injun, and I'm pretty sure a couple of them smoke weed. We cool, bro, we cool. You are going to love Watermelon Wednesdays in my office, aight?"

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Ahem, I'll just drop this here...whilst preparing a mind-enema!

[youtube][/youtube]

Clearly attempted raep?

:o

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bhurzum wrote:Ahem, I'll just drop this here...whilst preparing a mind-enema!

[youtube][/youtube]

Clearly attempted raep?

:o
Yes. She was drunk. So the guy is guilty of attempted rape. And guilty of being white, and male. That is a lot of intersectional guiltiness.

And we are all of us guilty of watching him attempt to rape her, which makes us all guilty of attempted gang-bang rape by video participation. So many intersections of guilt to comprehend.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Yes. She was drunk. So the guy is guilty of attempted rape. And guilty of being white, and male. That is a lot of intersectional guiltiness.

And we are all of us guilty of watching him attempt to rape her, which makes us all guilty of attempted gang-bang rape by video participation. So many intersections of guilt to comprehend.
I'll just add "mansplaining" to your extensive list of crimes against Womynity.

I'm phoning the femmi-police right now!

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A2W1YJ/a-squad ... A2W1YJ.jpg

(I'd not even struggle...phwooar!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://i.imgur.com/QjH0Xsv.jpg

46 blogs, a newly installed fascist dictatorship and FTB dreams it might just get back to the Post-Orbit new blog bump of last year.

Maybe.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bhurzum wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:Yes. She was drunk. So the guy is guilty of attempted rape. And guilty of being white, and male. That is a lot of intersectional guiltiness.

I'll just add "mansplaining" to your extensive list of crimes against Womynity.

I'm phoning the femmi-police right now!

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A2W1YJ/a-squad ... A2W1YJ.jpg

(I'd not even struggle...phwooar!)

Serious point. When police were like 6.0' and 200lbs+, and the sergeant was like 6'4" and 240lbs+, and was a big tough beefy guy, like when I was growing up, people did not die. The sergeant would weigh into a lunatic, take a couple of pathetic punches, knock the idiot over and the other cops were on him, the idiot was tied up, done. Or, the sergeant would take a shot from the tough guy in front of the tough guys crowd, laugh and knock him out with one punch. Done. Now, you have midget men and females - to make the force inclusive - and they sit back and light a guy up who is all drugged out with 10kv of juice, and he's dead. No policeMAN worth his salt in the good old days would have used a caddle prod. He was a man, and would take 10 of your sissy punches to lay you out with one manly punch and maybe save your life in the process. You didn't fuck with the police back then, because they would embarass you with their manliness. Now, you don't fuck with police because they will kill you with an unmanly gadget from 30 ft. That is, political correctness and hiring quotas kill people.

feathers

Post by feathers »

I was wondering what discipline HJ "I'm a scientist" Hornbeck was in, but it turns out to be computer science.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, has anyone seen Crip Dyke's first post yet? Tis a veritable mire of Sokalist bafflegab (TW: might give Steersman the horn):
[snip]

Why, there's the Western feminism and then there's the Muslim feminism of course.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:The source of the Trump leak (lol) has been named as former MI6 intelligence officer, Christopher Steele. A spy with that name sounds a bit too Tom Clancy to be true, but I had a look on the Company House website regarding his firm - Orbis Business Intelligence - and he appears to be the real deal.

If it was indeed him who collated and released the info. That said, if I was holding stock in his firm, I'd be selling like crazy on the offchance that he got hoodwinked by a trolling op.
I would immediately ditch a detective who cannot keep his waffle shut.

So why did he leave MI6 again?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Serious point. When police were like 6.0' and 200lbs+, and the sergeant was like 6'4" and 240lbs+, and was a big tough beefy guy, like when I was growing up, people did not die. The sergeant would weigh into a lunatic, take a couple of pathetic punches, knock the idiot over and the other cops were on him, the idiot was tied up, done. Or, the sergeant would take a shot from the tough guy in front of the tough guys crowd, laugh and knock him out with one punch. Done. Now, you have midget men and females - to make the force inclusive - and they sit back and light a guy up who is all drugged out with 10kv of juice, and he's dead. No policeMAN worth his salt in the good old days would have used a caddle prod. He was a man, and would take 10 of your sissy punches to lay you out with one manly punch and maybe save your life in the process. You didn't fuck with the police back then, because they would embarass you with their manliness. Now, you don't fuck with police because they will kill you with an unmanly gadget from 30 ft. That is, political correctness and hiring quotas kill people.
In the Army, we used to say "select out" during basic training; in other words, we'd filter out those who were not suitable or who couldn't produce the required standards. Nowadays, "train in" is the mantra and the required standards are constantly shifting (downwards) to appease the political powers-that-be.

I'm guessing the police are subject to the same cancerous process.

This is why we have the following (and others like them) "keeping the peace"...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/ ... 972950.jpg

"Chase me, fat boy"

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1341419/image ... cebook.jpg

"No offence, sugar-tits, but you 'aint taking me in!"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/ ... 68x651.jpg

Are you fucking serious? My daughters were bigger than her when they were ten years old!

It certainly explains why the buggers need force multipliers and why they're so quick to use them.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote:
In the Army, we used to say "select out" during basic training; in other words, we'd filter out those who were not suitable or who couldn't produce the required standards. Nowadays, "train in" is the mantra and the required standards are constantly shifting (downwards) to appease the political powers-that-be.

I'm guessing the police are subject to the same cancerous process.

This is why we have the following (and others like them) "keeping the peace"...

[.img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/ ... 972950.jpg[/img]

"Chase me, fat boy"

[.img]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1341419/image ... cebook.jpg[/img]

"No offence, sugar-tits, but you 'aint taking me in!"

[.img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/ ... 68x651.jpg[/img]

Are you fucking serious? My daughters were bigger than her when they were ten years old!

It certainly explains why the buggers need force multipliers and why they're so quick to use them.
Interesting. This once again a case where equality of opportunity has been turned into forced equality of outcome by the use of quotas. Clearly not everyone is fit to be an efficient police officer and lowering standards to make sure that more "quotas" are represented simply turns more people into inefficient police officers.

That's the biggest difference between equality of opportunity and of outcome: in equality of opportunity standards are based on who passes a test for a position, which is as tough as it needs to be, while in equality of outcome if there aren't enough people of a certain group in the position the standards are lowered and the tests are made less tough to fulfill some hiring quotas. Yet those quotas are called "equal opportunity".

At its core this is a fundamental misunderstanding of opportunity. If there is a tough test open to anyone you already have an equality of opportunity: everybody has the chance of taking the test. Many people misunderstand "equal opportunity" as "equal chance of passing the test", which is absurd.

That's the biggest problem with SJW rules in a nutshell: they want people to have the same chances not of trying things, but of succeeding at everything, so groups of people who aren't represented enough in a position are assumed to be oppressed. This requires them to deny differences between groups and to assume that they're only social constructs.

The left, if it wants to abandon the SJW nonsense, needs to focus on first meaning of equality of opportunity, i.e. removing barriers to access to a position, not on lowering standards to the position in order to make sure that every group is equally represented. Leftist people need to promote competent people who have economic or social disadvantages, not to lower standards of competence because there aren't enough of one group in a position.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'd like to see them try equality of outcomes for airline pilots. Should be fun, and I'd never take a plane again.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A criticism of the Implicit Association Test and of its value in predicting implicit racist bias in individuals..

Highlights:
It’s important to be fair here. Greenwald and Banaji weren’t bandying about homoeopathic remedies or astrological insights. Rather, from their point of view, the IAT fit neatly into preexisting theories of prejudice and intergroup relations they had been working on for an extended period. They thought they were onto something big, in other words. And researchers have every right to tout their exciting findings to the public, of course.

But they also have a responsibility to not get ahead of the available evidence. In reality, what Greenwald and Banaji had found around the turn of the millennium were certain predictable patterns in how quickly different sorts of people responded to different sorts of stimuli. Majority groups tended to score higher than minority groups on the IAT, for example. That’s interesting in its own right, but at the time Greenwald and Banaji certainly hadn’t established any solid, real-world connection between these scores and any observable marker of discriminatory behavior. And yet the test’s legend grew.
From early on, skeptics of Greenwald and Banaji’s claims have highlighted the possibility that the test doesn’t really, or doesn’t only, capture implicit bias; in 2004, for example, Hal Arkes and Tetlock published a paper entitled “Would Jesse Jackson ‘Fail’ the Implicit Association Test?” in which they argued that it could be the case that people who are more familiar with certain stereotypes score higher on the IAT, whether or not they unconsciously endorse those stereotypes in any meaningful way. Along those same lines, some researchers have suggested that it could be the case that those who empathize with out-group members, and are therefore well aware of the negative treatment and stereotypes they are victimized by, have an easier time forming the quick negative associations with minority groups that the IAT interprets as implicit bias against those groups.
The IAT’s myriad problems pose profound challenges to its underlying theory, and to the practice of labeling people in certain ways based on their test results. So why has the test managed to mostly avoid critical scrutiny, except in academic papers members of the public generally don’t read?

For one thing, the test offers a lot to members of the public who are concerned about racism, whether they are white and concerned about their out-group biases, or nonwhite and concerned about the possibility that they have internalized bias against their own group. Taking the IAT is a way for them to feel like they are part of the solution. Now I get it — now I understand that my implicit bias is contributing to America’s race problem. This can explain the strange but common phenomenon of test-takers loudly broadcasting results which imply they are implicitly racist: It’s a way of signaling they’re serious about investigating their own complicity in a big, complicated system of oppression. There wouldn’t be anything wrong with that, of course, if the IAT were in fact providing test-takers useful information about their level of implicit bias.

The broader story told by the IAT is, at the moment, quite politically palatable and intuitively satisfying. Not only is implicit bias driving all sorts of racially unfair outcomes, that story tells us, but it’s something that we can detect and measure in ourselves, helping to raise our consciousness. “I think the reason behind adoption of implicit-bias training is simple: It is now the thing to do to demonstrate commitment to diversity and redressing inequality,” said Mitchell.
But more important, it’s a rather big deal for the chair of Harvard’s psychology department to accuse researchers who are engaging in thoroughly commonplace methodological critiques of being animated by racism and possibly mental illness. Those are very serious charges. I brought this critique to Blanton, who is one of the most prolific and statistically sophisticated of the test’s critics (for what it’s worth, he is the co-author of an instructional book on methods in psychological research). “This topic is too important for bad science,” he said. “That is my philosophy on this. This isn’t the first time that someone has intimated that I am a political conservative, that I have a lax attitude toward bias, that I’m indifferent to it. They point out I’m a white male.” (The core group of IAT critics spans a sizable chunk of the political spectrum: Blanton described himself as liberal, while Tetlock is known to be somewhat conservative, or very conservative by the standards of social psychology.) “This isn’t the first time it’s happened,” continued Blanton. “My attitudes toward this is that I’m very comfortable with the fact that this is about the need for good science, and a construct as important as racism, we don’t apply the assessment methods you’d apply in the back of a beauty magazine. That’s what’s going on. That’s what offends me — it offends me as a scientist.”
The problem is that the hype over IAT research, and the eagerness to apply the test to real-world problems, has so outpaced the evidence that it has launched a lot of studies built on underwhelming foundations. “Implicit bias research has been driven by both the desire to understand truths about the human mind and the desire solve social problems,” said Forscher. “These goals have not always been in conflict. Unfortunately, one of the ways they have is that the desire to do something, anything, to solve problems related to race has led some people to jump to conclusions about the causal role of implicit bias that they might have been more cautious about had their only focus been on establishing truth.”
To Forscher, implicit bias’s role in propagating racial inequality should be given a “fair trial in the court of scientific evidence,” not simply assumed. But what’s going on now isn’t a fair trial; instead, the overhyping of IAT stacks the deck so much that sometimes it feels like implicit bias can explain everything. But plenty of researchers think that other factors play a bigger role in determining some of the most important societal outcomes. “I think unconscious racial prejudice is real and consequential,” said Robb Willer, a sociologist at Stanford University, “but my sense is that racial inequality in America is probably driven more by structural factors like concentrated poverty, the racial wealth gap, differential exposure to violence, the availability of early childhood education, and so on. Though it is also worth noting that past and present racial prejudice helped create these structural inequalities.” This is a fairly common sentiment among social scientists who study race and discrimination.
Food for thought.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Peez will believe anything if you're trashing someone he hates.

http://imgur.com/t1QaxMe.jpg

http://imgur.com/FdhqhLF.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:Peez will believe anything if you're trashing someone he hates.

http://imgur.com/FdhqhLF.jpg
The Peezee of Oz?

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Malky wrote:Well done the Swiss and the ECHR:

Swiss Muslim girls must learn to swim with boys, court rules

The court ruled Switzerland was justified in enforcing the "full school curriculum"
Switzerland has won a case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) obliging Muslim parents to send their children to mixed swimming lessons.
It said authorities were justified in giving precedence to enforcing "the full school curriculum" and the children's "successful integration" into society.
The ECHR acknowledged that religious freedom was being interfered with.
But judges said it did not amount to a violation.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38569428
"It's against my religion" isn't accepted as an excuse here in Switzerland. You're a student so you follow the rules that all other students follow. You shake the hands of female teachers, you go to mixed swimming lessons, you respect the code of conduct. Same thing if you're an employee or just a resident. Laws and rules equal for everyone, you don't get exceptions because of your private beliefs.

Honestly I don't see why this is an issue in other liberal democracies. I still don't understand why religious arbitration courts are accepted in the UK. "The law is equal for everyone" is one of the core principles of liberal democracy, why the hell would you give legal authority to competing, religious-based law systems in a secular democracy?
Freedom of contract. You and I could make an agreement that our differences be solved by the laws of Hammurabi if we chose. Problem is these "agreements" aren't made voluntarily.