The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Aneris

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Aneris »

Brive1987 wrote:Anyway. My son is in Berlin right now and he says it isn't as pretty as Paris. Or even Warsaw.

So there.

:snooty:
Generally correct and I wrote something similar in the past, though it also depends heavily on where you are, and the time of the year. This is the worst time. Berlin has a lot of green, unusual for a bigger city, for example, but that won't do much in January. Berlin is also decentral, where it even depends on the Kiez your're in. A Kiez are a few streets around a spot where you can hang out (parks, pubs etc). Ultimately, Berlin is special for its culture and nightlife, not for the sightseeing (except Museumsinsel perhaps) and I would never recommend it for ordinary tourism. You go to Berlin if you love art and galleries and other hipster activities, are cool with urban subculture.

And then there's the club scene, which you need to “get”. For that, you need to dive in. You can live in the city without ever having experienced “it” and tragically, I know friends who never have. It's hard to describe and has nothing to do with taking substances or liking club music. It's pretty transformative for the few things you need to do. There are of course typical “discos” where it's about dancing and hooking up and they call themselves clubs because it sounds hip. But that's something else. Real clubs discourage the narciscissism, and have bouncers who turn away superficial and touristy types. Natives might turn up at two or three, a.m. in the morning and some stay there a day or the weekend. You don't have to be that extreme, though. However, if you're home before, say, 8 a.m you aren't trying enough.

What makes it special is Berlin's extreme culture of infifference of live and let live. Nobody cares who you are, at all. Next, you can leave your taste or attitudes and judgment at the door too. You're a mammal with other similar creatures, nothing matters. Sometimes you have the weird sensation of meditation to the tunes. The warmth, the constant heartbeat and muted sounds create a strange atmosphere as if you were in an uterus. This absence of “wanting to be someone” in everyone — certainly often substance augmented — makes for an odd, and in some sense upsetting sensation. You're not alive if this does nothing to you. But many people cannot get in, fail at the bouncer or because they aren't Zen enough. Age plays some role, of course the bulk are twenty-thirty-something but there are people of all ages in some clubs. Arguably, that's the real Berlin.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
deLurch wrote:Hey, ya'll here in the pit are piss poor Santa-skeptics! When have any of you tested out the claims of Santaclaus to scientific rigor? Have you exhaustively debunked all of the Santa claims to scientific rigor? I thought not.
I read a limited print book in the 1970s by Sydney Uni archaeologists called "Was Santa an Astronaut". Basically used Von Daniken's methodology (sic) to "prove" the proposition.

Disturbingly I can neither find it on google nor is it original research. So its status as canon is unclear.

:mrgreen: :)
OMG OMG

Google to the rescue. And yet simultaneously destroying the legitimacy of the found result. :(

http://i.imgur.com/3BmPSEf.jpg
Here you go.
STICFBY.jpg
(95.79 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
STICICY.jpg
(48 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Data packrat never throws books out. Including the Daniken books, kept those as a reminder of teenage credulity (even though I knew his 'cave painting is electronic schematics {verified by Swiss electronics expert}' was absolute bollocks, still bought the rest, for a while.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Don't you have to live as a woman before you start hormone replacement therapy?

If Muscato is living as a woman why is his doctor is making the prescriptions out to David Muscato?
Perhaps to ease David's trouble in getting prescription filled. If you were a pharmacist, would you hand a prescription for "Danielle" over to someone who looks like David? Has he done a legal name change yet? If not, then a driver's license wouldn't be proof for the pharmacist.

In the court case of Muscato's parents against him, it was against David"Danielle" Mucato. Legal proceeding require legal names.
What have we learned? It is harder to change your legal name than it is to doctor shop for someone who will give you the hair growth medicine you need, even though you could have stood in for Robin Williams and you have no discernible form of payment.

Why isn't Xie focus on getting a job instead of making sure Dave has medications Xie first doctor clearly thought weren't suitable?

One wonders how anyone changes their names at all. Women who get married and want a name change face an insurmountable legal hurdle. I blame patriarchy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

So why is Davey boy intent on keeping his balls? Judging by how hwvtreated Schierbecker he's not using them.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Shatterface wrote:My doctor proscribed these to aid my transition to Fairykin:

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... shroom.jpg
I know someone that ate those and didn't quite get to fairyland because his friends were able stop him from dying of inhaling his own vomit.
They found him in a state of temporary paralysis lying on his back in a field in the rain, unable to close his eyes, followed by hours of hallucination.
That is an Amanita Muscaria, don't eat this kids.
Good rule of thumb, if it's the same color as a feminist's danger hair, probably toxic. Try to avoid it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pinhead Wu gave an interview with WGBH. Per usual, the interviewer kissed her butt and perpetuated her bullshit martyrdom. However, at 2:18 he raised the fact that she once interned for a conservative, namely Trent Lott. Wu was momentarily flustered -- oh GOSH, oh WOW, that was SOOOOO long ago. Then for the first time that I know of, she publicly acknowledged it.

Of course, Brianna Wu never worked for Trent Lott. John Walker Flynt did. This might be the first crack in the wall she's maintained between her past life and her transition.

[youtube][/youtube]

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Meh, another night alone (the little lady is working) and I didn't want to fuck up my sleep cycle. So, here's a few background highlights of my night whilst Xcom2/beer was up-front:

"Skin" is one of my favourite female vocalists - right up there with Beth Gibbons (my favourite!).

[youtube][/youtube]

It was a toss-up between this and "Temple of love" featuring Ofra Haza.

[youtube][/youtube]

Continuing with the gloomy playlist.

[youtube][/youtube]

If the above seems a little bit...miserable, don't worry, the long-haired general will be home in just under two hours then it'll be...

[youtube][/youtube]

(fingers crossed!)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Bhurzum wrote:
If the above seems a little bit...miserable, don't worry, the long-haired general will be home in just under two hours then it'll be...

[youtube][/youtube]

(fingers crossed!)
Please don't doxx Steersman.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:
deLurch wrote:I hear troll mythology is spreading in Europe. Better stamp it out like those dirty mussies.
Fucking green cunts, coming over here, living under our bridges...
Those are leprechauns, Bhurzum, and I'm afraid the little people of green colour were there before you whiteys invaded the place.

feathers

Post by feathers »

HoneyWagon wrote:Finally.
I am still mad that this person threw a young person under the bus at Skepticon, but I hope this works out for them
https://www.facebook.com/daniellemuscat ... 573468643/
http://i.imgur.com/thoqPRzg.png
...he shaved?!?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Brive: For dog training as well as bigdick evidence check this guy out:
[youtube][/youtube]
That was so funny I went random and came up with this:

Gay Bigfoot blowjobs

Good times! Thnx.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:So why is Davey boy intent on keeping his balls? Judging by how hwvtreated Schierbecker he's not using them.
Now to be fair, Muscato was only using his much self-touted PR skills and talents to hang Schierbecker out to dry in order to save his own skin. What else is a friend & professional PR person to do in such a situation?

When American Atheist laid Muscato off, they made the biggest mistake of their lives.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:That is an Amanita Muscaria, don't eat this kids.
Amanita Muscatia, causing hallucinations?

:lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:Those are leprechauns, Bhurzum, and I'm afraid the little people of green colour were there before you whiteys invaded the place.
I'll have you know, I'm pale blue with (slightly) gingery bits - just imagine a Morlock with a ginger beard and a sarcastic attitude.

https://lintvkimt.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/time7.jpg

White...I've never been so insulted!

As for leprechauns...paging Vicky "Woo-finder general" Caramel - over to you!

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

HelpingHand wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:I know someone that ate those and didn't quite get to fairyland because his friends were able stop him from dying of inhaling his own vomit.
They found him in a state of temporary paralysis lying on his back in a field in the rain, unable to close his eyes,
followed by hours of hallucination.That is an Amanita Muscaria, don't eat this kids.
Hmm. Where does one find these?
If memory serves, they grow with birch trees in a mutualistic symbiotic relationship. Fruit in the autumn.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:Pinhead Wu gave an interview with WGBH. Per usual, the interviewer kissed her butt and perpetuated her bullshit martyrdom. However, at 2:18 he raised the fact that she once interned for a conservative, namely Trent Lott. Wu was momentarily flustered -- oh GOSH, oh WOW, that was SOOOOO long ago. Then for the first time that I know of, she publicly acknowledged it.

Of course, Brianna Wu never worked for Trent Lott. John Walker Flynt did. This might be the first crack in the wall she's maintained between her past life and her transition.

[youtube][/youtube]
"Look at my record." LOL. She wiped her twitter history in preparation for this.
"They will get a sense that I am a little more genuine."

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:Amanita Muscatia, causing hallucinations? :lol:
Well, it is small, slimy, hairless and utterly revolting...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Speaking of Steerso, this will cause him to go apeshit!

[youtube][/youtube]

Damn, I can't wait for Steers to clear this up for us! I'm hopping from foot-to-foot in anticipation!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Anyway. My son is in Berlin right now and he says it isn't as pretty as Paris. Or even Warsaw.
That's because them Allies didn't let Speer finish the job.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 3f3d2c.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

feathers wrote:
That's because them Allies didn't let Speer finish the job.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 3f3d2c.jpg
Yeah, the place really shines when the sun hits the headpiece to the Staff of Ra, just right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct8a4DYW8AARq2C.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote:Speaking of Steerso, this will cause him to go apeshit!

[youtube][/youtube]

Damn, I can't wait for Steers to clear this up for us! I'm hopping from foot-to-foot in anticipation!
Old news.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/ ... 68x544.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

It doesn't sound like Wu stands a chance in the Democratic primary. I think she is just trying to get her name out there, and maybe suck in some extra income. However, if by any chance she won the Democratic Primary, she would win the general election hands down because the area is heavily Democrat. And in situations like that the voters tend to suck it up and choose a shitty Democrat over a Republican. It just isn't likely against a popular incumbent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_F._Lynch
Re-election campaigns
Lynch won re-election unopposed in 2002, 2004, and 2008. In 2006, Republican perennial candidate Jack E. Robinson III decided to challenge Lynch, and was defeated 78%–22%.[56] After voting against the Affordable Care Act, he was challenged in the 2010 Democratic primary by Mac D'Alessandro, a first-time candidate for office. D'Alessandro served as the New England political director for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which spent almost $300,000 on direct mail and other support for him. The Boston Globe also endorsed D'Alessandro. In September, Lynch defeated him 65%–35%.[57][58][59] In November, he defeated Republican Vernon Harrison and Independent Candidate Phil Dunkelbarger.[60] After redistricting, Lynch decided to run in the newly redrawn Massachusetts's 8th congressional district in the 2012 election. His new district includes the city of Quincy, Massachusetts and some other towns on the South Shore. In November, he defeated Republican Joe Selvaggi 76%–24%.[61]
2001 congressional election
See also: Massachusetts's 9th congressional district special election, 2001
Lynch announced his candidacy for the 9th district seat in 2001, when longtime incumbent U.S. Representative Joe Moakley, stricken with leukemia, decided not to seek a 17th term the following year. This was a departure from Lynch's previous plan to run for lieutenant governor of Massachusetts.[26] Moakley died in May 2001, before his term ended, and Lynch announced a run for the special election to succeed him.[9] The early frontrunner of the race was lawyer Max Kennedy, son of Democratic U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy. Political missteps dragged Kennedy down in the polls, and his abrupt departure in June 2001 put Lynch in the lead.[27] The remaining candidates included eight Democrats and two Republicans, all with similar political positions; according to The Boston Globe, the candidates "struggled to find areas of conflict" when debating.[28]
In the September Democratic primary, Lynch's main opponents were state Senators Cheryl Jacques, Brian Joyce and Marc Pacheco. During the campaign, Lynch faced criticism as his past improprieties were uncovered, including two arrests, defaulting on student loans, and a long history of tax delinquency.[9] He was attacked by gay rights advocates for "a history of supporting anti-gay legislation."[29] Despite these setbacks, Lynch maintained strong local support going into the primary.[9] As Lynch pulled ahead in polls and fundraising, Jacques and Joyce attacked his 1994 racial violence case and subsequent positions on hate crime as evidence that he was not supportive of civil rights.[7][8][28]
On September 11, 2001, Lynch won the Democratic primary with 39% of the vote, 10 points ahead of Jacques, who ranked second with 29% of the vote.[30][31] The same day, the September 11 attacks took place, which dampened the ensuing general election campaign between Lynch and the Republican nominee, state Senator Jo Ann Sprague. As both sides turned to similar themes of patriotism and defense, Lynch benefited from the demographics of his district. On October 16, he defeated Sprague 65%-33%.[9][32]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:It doesn't sound like Wu stands a chance in the Democratic primary. I think she is just trying to get her name out there, and maybe suck in some extra income. However, if by any chance she won the Democratic Primary, she would win the general election hands down because the area is heavily Democrat. And in situations like that the voters tend to suck it up and choose a shitty Democrat over a Republican. It just isn't likely against a popular incumbent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_F._Lynch
Re-election campaigns
Lynch won re-election unopposed in 2002, 2004, and 2008. In 2006, Republican perennial candidate Jack E. Robinson III decided to challenge Lynch, and was defeated 78%–22%.[56] After voting against the Affordable Care Act, he was challenged in the 2010 Democratic primary by Mac D'Alessandro, a first-time candidate for office. D'Alessandro served as the New England political director for the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which spent almost $300,000 on direct mail and other support for him. The Boston Globe also endorsed D'Alessandro. In September, Lynch defeated him 65%–35%.[57][58][59] In November, he defeated Republican Vernon Harrison and Independent Candidate Phil Dunkelbarger.[60] After redistricting, Lynch decided to run in the newly redrawn Massachusetts's 8th congressional district in the 2012 election. His new district includes the city of Quincy, Massachusetts and some other towns on the South Shore. In November, he defeated Republican Joe Selvaggi 76%–24%.[61]
2001 congressional election
See also: Massachusetts's 9th congressional district special election, 2001
Lynch announced his candidacy for the 9th district seat in 2001, when longtime incumbent U.S. Representative Joe Moakley, stricken with leukemia, decided not to seek a 17th term the following year. This was a departure from Lynch's previous plan to run for lieutenant governor of Massachusetts.[26] Moakley died in May 2001, before his term ended, and Lynch announced a run for the special election to succeed him.[9] The early frontrunner of the race was lawyer Max Kennedy, son of Democratic U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy. Political missteps dragged Kennedy down in the polls, and his abrupt departure in June 2001 put Lynch in the lead.[27] The remaining candidates included eight Democrats and two Republicans, all with similar political positions; according to The Boston Globe, the candidates "struggled to find areas of conflict" when debating.[28]
In the September Democratic primary, Lynch's main opponents were state Senators Cheryl Jacques, Brian Joyce and Marc Pacheco. During the campaign, Lynch faced criticism as his past improprieties were uncovered, including two arrests, defaulting on student loans, and a long history of tax delinquency.[9] He was attacked by gay rights advocates for "a history of supporting anti-gay legislation."[29] Despite these setbacks, Lynch maintained strong local support going into the primary.[9] As Lynch pulled ahead in polls and fundraising, Jacques and Joyce attacked his 1994 racial violence case and subsequent positions on hate crime as evidence that he was not supportive of civil rights.[7][8][28]
On September 11, 2001, Lynch won the Democratic primary with 39% of the vote, 10 points ahead of Jacques, who ranked second with 29% of the vote.[30][31] The same day, the September 11 attacks took place, which dampened the ensuing general election campaign between Lynch and the Republican nominee, state Senator Jo Ann Sprague. As both sides turned to similar themes of patriotism and defense, Lynch benefited from the demographics of his district. On October 16, he defeated Sprague 65%-33%.[9][32]
Lynch seems to be ambitious, though, and to aspire more than to being just a congressman:
Lynch ran for the Democratic nomination in the 2013 special election for the U.S. Senate but lost to Ed Markey.
If there would be another special election for the U.S. Senate in Massachussets for whatever reason (if one of the two senators, Ed Markey or Elizabeth Warren, dies or resigns) and if Lynch ran for it and won he would leave his Congressional seat up for grabs, at which point Wu would have a shot at winning the primary just by name recognition, and as you write if she wins the primary she has a very good chance of being elected.

It's unlikely but not impossible.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

@Kirbmarc - You assessment seems to be correct. The best case example of that is the 2001 special election that Lynch won after the incumbent left his seat. Lynch won 39% of the vote, 10 points ahead of the next competitor in what looks like a 3 way race.

It is all a question as to if a situation like that comes up again while Wu is still somewhat viable.

In all likely hood, Wu will lose. If she was still somewhat ambitious, she could attempt to run for a congressional seat in her state's government. Those races are less competitive and less scrutinized. Had a similar unfortunate situation in my home area where a guy generally viewed as a crooked and incompetent as all hell, but carried his more popular and competent brother's name recognition ran for the Democratic seat in the local state government. Once he one the primaries, he was a shoe in to win the general election despite the best combined efforts of Democrats & Republicans to run a more competent Democrat under the Republican banner. Even the Republicans would have preferred a decent Democrat over a corrupt crook.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:@Kirbmarc - You assessment seems to be correct. The best case example of that is the 2001 special election that Lynch won after the incumbent left his seat. Lynch won 39% of the vote, 10 points ahead of the next competitor in what looks like a 3 way race.

It is all a question as to if a situation like that comes up again while Wu is still somewhat viable.

In all likely hood, Wu will lose. If she was still somewhat ambitious, she could attempt to run for a congressional seat in her state's government. Those races are less competitive and less scrutinized. Had a similar unfortunate situation in my home area where a guy generally viewed as a crooked and incompetent as all hell, but carried his more popular and competent brother's name recognition ran for the Democratic seat in the local state government. Once he one the primaries, he was a shoe in to win the general election despite the best combined efforts of Democrats & Republicans to run a more competent Democrat under the Republican banner. Even the Republicans would have preferred a decent Democrat over a corrupt crook.
Barack Obama started as Illinois State Senator then had a lucky break when he ran in 2004 for the U.S. Senate, won the Democratic primaries and Jack Ryan, his Republican rival in the general Senate election, withdrew from the race after a sex scandal. Four years later Obama won, mostly because the Republicans had become deeply unpopular after Dubya screwed up big time.

If you want to speculate freely just for the hell of it there's a very weird and very unlikely path to U.S. presidency for Brianna Wu. Imagine that Lynch moves on and due to this lucky break Wu is elected to Congress in 2018 and becomes known nation-wide, if only because she's so unusual, she self-promotes like hell and she has her story of being a victim of the alt-right intolerance.

Imagine that Trump runs for re-election in 2020 and wins, but screws up so badly in the next four years that he tars the Republicans with infamy like Bush Jr. did. In 2024 the Reps are so screwed that anyone Democrat who's not a three-headed monster would beat them. Enters Brianna Wu, with six years of experience as a U.S. representative and name recognition from relentless self-promotion, plus the history of being a victim of the alt-right, which is negatively associated with the screw-ups of President Trump. Boom: President Wu. :lol:

Yeah, this is probably just as likely as me getting a date with Emily Ratajkowski. :lol:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:If you want to speculate freely just for the hell of it there's a very weird and very unlikely path to U.S. presidency for Brianna Wu.
Ok, So Brianna W. is going to be president 2024-2028.
Yeah, this is probably just as likely as me getting a date with Emily Ratajkowski. :lol:
Consider it done.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: Yeah, this is probably just as likely as me getting a date with Emily Ratajkowski. :lol:
Had to google her.

Damn!

http://cdn-img.instyle.com/sites/defaul ... k=YXaW4Iz2

Yup, she made the grade...

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If Wu gets anywhere near the presidency I'll eat Muscato's unshaven balls.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Yeah, this is probably just as likely as me getting a date with Emily Ratajkowski. :lol:
Had to google her.

Damn!

http://cdn-img.instyle.com/sites/defaul ... k=YXaW4Iz2

Yup, she made the grade...

[youtube][/youtube]

Have a look at the uncut Blurred Lines video.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

It's nearly 10 a.m. here. I stayed-up all night, watching all-but the last episode of Better Call Saul.
I knew the scenery would dredge-up memories & emotions, from my time in Albuquerque. But I didnt expect the show to be so touching. Im dumb for ow having 2 mugs of non-decaf coffee, upstairs with the neighbor lady & baby & dogs. Gonna be buzzed as I fall into headachy jetlag sleep now. Suits the tone of the show, tho.
All the thematic themey theme themes are thwimming in my thkull.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shatterface wrote:If Wu gets anywhere near the presidency I'll eat Muscato's unshaven balls.
After Trump, there are no certainties anymore :shock:

http://imgur.com/5nOirVl.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ape+lust wrote:Pinhead Wu gave an interview with WGBH. Per usual, the interviewer kissed her butt and perpetuated her bullshit martyrdom. However, at 2:18 he raised the fact that she once interned for a conservative, namely Trent Lott. Wu was momentarily flustered -- oh GOSH, oh WOW, that was SOOOOO long ago. Then for the first time that I know of, she publicly acknowledged it.

[youtube][/youtube]
This is why I fucking hate so much of the MSM. The interviewer immediately promotes the false narrative about GamerGate, framing Brianna Woo as the "good guy". Just fuck the fuck off. I REALLY want to see this fraud fail dramatically.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Meanwhile, in the world of real women:
Clare Hollingworth dies aged 105: Telegraph correspondent who broke the news of World War II passes away in Hong Kong

On war: “I must admit that I enjoy being in a war. When we were small children, my father used to take us to the Battle of Bosworth Field. When I was very small, in World War One, I used to hear people talk about the battles, and I did become extremely interested in warfare. I’m not brave, I just enjoy it.”

On bravery: “I enjoy action. I’m not brave, I just enjoy it. I don’t know why. God made me like this. I’m not frightened.”

On her love of taking risks: "It's like playing a slightly uncertain game, you don't know which way it'll go."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... ent-broke/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

[youtube][/youtube]
John Walker Flynt, a mild mannered high school student, once attended a science fair, where he was bitten by a radioactive crossdressing velociraptor...

I'm noticing a paucity of that peculiar oral tic Bru has - you know, the one where she feels compelled to bare her gums. That said, her eyes and head movements do appear to be a bit wonky. I think she's managed to suppress the bizarre mouth spasms - I guess even she realised that you can only take special snowflakism so far on the campaign trail - but she still pretty much fails the uncanny valley test.

The old gal's put on a few pounds as well. Probably has a baby on the way.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[youtube][/youtube]
She better learn how to stay still on camera. Looks like an epileptic on amphetamines.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:Meanwhile, in the world of real women:
Clare Hollingworth dies aged 105: Telegraph correspondent who broke the news of World War II passes away in Hong Kong

... When we were small children, my father used to take us to the Battle of Bosworth Field.
..."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... ent-broke/
105 sounds like an underestimate if that was the sort of day trips they went on.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Service Dog wrote:It's nearly 10 a.m. here. I stayed-up all night, watching all-but the last episode of Better Call Saul.
I knew the scenery would dredge-up memories & emotions, from my time in Albuquerque. But I didnt expect the show to be so touching. Im dumb for ow having 2 mugs of non-decaf coffee, upstairs with the neighbor lady & baby & dogs. Gonna be buzzed as I fall into headachy jetlag sleep now. Suits the tone of the show, tho.
That show has a terrific atmosphere. Very different to Breaking Bad. I like both, and I'm glad they managed a spinoff that does its own thing.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:She better learn how to stay still on camera. Looks like an epileptic on amphetamines.
This is what happens when you have Hilary Clinton as a role model.

She'll be prancing about in a pantsuit next.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And lo, it came to pass, that Wu sat and wept, for there were no worlds left to conquer.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Glad I had breakfast before reading about Wu's uncanny valley.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Some awful racist shit that got me angry :twisted:
[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some awful racist shit that got me angry :twisted:
[youtube.][/youtube]
Indeed. It seems to be suggesting that only white goats can be sexually desirable.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:This is why I fucking hate so much of the MSM. The interviewer immediately promotes the false narrative about GamerGate, framing Brianna Woo as the "good guy". Just fuck the fuck off. I REALLY want to see this fraud fail dramatically.
She isn't going to get any hardball interviews, questions or review of any kind until after the primaries. The very same primaries where there is a 75 to 25 break for Democrats. So by then it would be too late and all of the voters of that district would just suck it up. But Lynch is a popular incumbent from the same party unlikely to lose against Wu who also has local name recognition.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I noticed in the interview Brianna claimed to be a Software Engineer. She also failed to complete college.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

I just find it hard to believe that Danielle was kicked out of 2 apartments...for being trans If Danielle was renting and insisting on female pronouns while sporting a full beard and suit w/ tie....the landlord might have just thought they were nuts, not trans.

And THIS looks to be interesting: For those who don't recall, here is Theryn's video about Danielle:
[youtube][/youtube]
http://i.imgur.com/nCNMEqf.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sulman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:It's nearly 10 a.m. here. I stayed-up all night, watching all-but the last episode of Better Call Saul.
That show has a terrific atmosphere. Very different to Breaking Bad. I like both, and I'm glad they managed a spinoff that does its own thing.
I finished the last one. It's bringing back--- getting into an arguement with a shady car mechanic in Denver, when I was young. My uncle came to back me up-- he hung back, didnt talk. When the mech said, "Who are you, his Daddy?" Not missing a beat, Uncle deadpanned, in a low voice, "Im his parole officer." The mechanic did not expect that. His expectations bellyflopped & he couldnt tell if he was in law trouble or dealing with two dangerous psychos.

Or, more recently, when I was house-sitting in a 2 storie Bed & Breakfast, for an old gay german kook, off to see his dying father. I slept in the biggest bedroom between my pit-mix & his Doberman Pinscher-- which would rise & stiffen like a statue in the dark, growling almost-imperceptibly, dead eyes focussed on some imaginary monster, fangs bared, in a delusional trance. Then wake confused, sometimes snapping jaws at the air, or a knot of blanket. The dog has a history of biting strangers on the street-- and AirBnb guests. My dog started to growl back, wary. Sometimes they went-for each other. It's crazy that I was so happy to have a place to keep me & dog sleeping indoors, that I was numb to sleeping with my throat exposed to that.

All sorts of sketchy moments. Life, y'know?

Meanwhile, here's the latest Tranny Bartender Fang news: he got jumped by a drunk female customer. She drew blood, but he's ok. Days later, a lesbian co-worker was complaining about Trump & men. Fang flipped from previously falling-for 'Trump is going to reverse gay marriage & deport everybody' to deciding he's glad Hillary lost. Due to 'women are crazy.'

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote:
It's also surprisingly poignant and somber at times for a show that was pitched as a comedy.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Well done the Swiss and the ECHR:

Swiss Muslim girls must learn to swim with boys, court rules

The court ruled Switzerland was justified in enforcing the "full school curriculum"
Switzerland has won a case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) obliging Muslim parents to send their children to mixed swimming lessons.
It said authorities were justified in giving precedence to enforcing "the full school curriculum" and the children's "successful integration" into society.
The ECHR acknowledged that religious freedom was being interfered with.
But judges said it did not amount to a violation.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38569428

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HoneyWagon wrote:I just find it hard to believe that Danielle was kicked out of 2 apartments...for being trans If Danielle was renting and insisting on female pronouns while sporting a full beard and suit w/ tie....the landlord might have just thought they were nuts, not trans.
There are two court cases where Muscato's parents kicked him out of the house on two separate occasions. In both court cases he was referred to as David"Danielle"Muscato.

So if they were kicking him out because it was trans, it does not make sense that they would let him back in. I would suggest that a far more plausible reason is that Muscato after living there for a while picking up extra music gear failed to get another job over a 2 year period. From a parental perspective, he was a complete failure to launch leaving them with no other option than to go the tough love route, stop enabling, and kick "baby" bird from the nest. Which of course Muscato sees as all being rooted in him being trans. After all, being unemployed is just a symptom of being trans.

Who knows, maybe at some point in the past a room mate got sick of Muscato and told him to GTFO. With housing laws, I don't see any sane landlord kicking Muscato out and risk the lawsuit. And being a transactivist, can you really see Muscato taking that laying down and not being an activist about it? Hell, you can't even tell Muscato is a trans person if it wasn't for her request to be called Danielle and use female pronouns. A bit annoying, but hardly a reason to give someone the boot. Maybe he tried to use the woman's showers in college.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Malky wrote:Well done the Swiss and the ECHR:

Swiss Muslim girls must learn to swim with boys, court rules

The court ruled Switzerland was justified in enforcing the "full school curriculum"
Switzerland has won a case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) obliging Muslim parents to send their children to mixed swimming lessons.
It said authorities were justified in giving precedence to enforcing "the full school curriculum" and the children's "successful integration" into society.
The ECHR acknowledged that religious freedom was being interfered with.
But judges said it did not amount to a violation.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38569428
"It's against my religion" isn't accepted as an excuse here in Switzerland. You're a student so you follow the rules that all other students follow. You shake the hands of female teachers, you go to mixed swimming lessons, you respect the code of conduct. Same thing if you're an employee or just a resident. Laws and rules equal for everyone, you don't get exceptions because of your private beliefs.

Honestly I don't see why this is an issue in other liberal democracies. I still don't understand why religious arbitration courts are accepted in the UK. "The law is equal for everyone" is one of the core principles of liberal democracy, why the hell would you give legal authority to competing, religious-based law systems in a secular democracy?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dylann Roof is going to get the needle.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Kirbmarc wrote: "It's against my religion" isn't accepted as an excuse here in Switzerland. You're a student so you follow the rules that all other students follow. You shake the hands of female teachers, you go to mixed swimming lessons, you respect the code of conduct. Same thing if you're an employee or just a resident. Laws and rules equal for everyone, you don't get exceptions because of your private beliefs.

Honestly I don't see why this is an issue in other liberal democracies. I still don't understand why religious arbitration courts are accepted in the UK. "The law is equal for everyone" is one of the core principles of liberal democracy, why the hell would you give legal authority to competing, religious-based law systems in a secular democracy?

I couldn't agree more an I would like to see this approach used in the UK. I see no reason why a Sharia Court or any religious court should be allowed to sit in arbitration as in general their rules are inherently unfair and against liberal democratic tradition that everyone is equal before the law.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lsuoma wrote:Dylann Roof is going to get the needle.
A truly deserving individual. I hope he takes control of his appeals and fucks them up just as well to save the tax payers time and money.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

I think it's high time the Pitizens got around to discussing a problem we've all had but nobody ever seems to talk about:

What to do when your Plutonium catches fire.

[youtube][/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMudbrooker wrote:I think it's high time the Pitizens got around to discussing a problem we've all had but nobody ever seems to talk about:

[youtube][/youtube]
What about when Uranus catches fire?

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Remember Comey announcing that the FBI would be investigating more Hillary Clinton emails shortly before the election? Well he won't be talking about whether they are investigating Trump links to Russia. That would be wrong.
“I would never comment on investigations – whether we have one or not – in an open forum like this, so I really can’t answer one way or another,” said Comey, at a hearing into the US intelligence agencies’ conclusion that Russia intervened in the election to benefit Trump.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ion-senate

free thoughtpolice

Remember Comey announcing that the FBI would be investigating more Hillary Clinton emails shortly before the election? Well he won't be talking about whether they are investigating Trump links to Russia. That would be wrong.What if there were nothing to it? It might unfairly damage Trump's political standing even if there was nothing to it.
“I would never comment on investigations – whether we have one or not – in an open forum like this, so I really can’t answer one way or another,” said Comey, at a hearing into the US intelligence agencies’ conclusion that Russia intervened in the election to benefit Trump.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ion-senate

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
It's also surprisingly poignant and somber at times for a show that was pitched as a comedy.
[youtube][/youtube]

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

KiwiInOz wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:I think it's high time the Pitizens got around to discussing a problem we've all had but nobody ever seems to talk about:

[youtube][/youtube]
What about when Uranus catches fire?

[youtube][/youtube]
Make an appointment with Dr. Jellyfinger.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
I don't think postmodern aesthetics and postmodern politics and philosophy are so closely linked.

South Park is poles apart from the Pomo bullshit being pushed on campuses. Ditto Family Guy.

I really don't see 'irony' as a defining characteristic of the Pomo associated with SJWs. 'Intent doesn't matter' is precisely the opposite of irony because irony depends on the gap between what appears to be being said and what is actually intended.

The defining characteristic of postmodernism as an aesthetic is 'distance' or 'lack of affect'. That doesn't describe outrage culture, safe spaces and 'feelz is real' culture at all, nor does suspicion and cynicism match up with 'believe!' and 'shut up and listen!'

What that video is extolling is the 'New Sincerity'. It's all about 'authenticity'. That's a hipster thing. As an aesthetic it is largely conservative.

Postmodern books, films, TV shows, etc. are 'inauthentic'. It's a mongrel aesthetic in which every culture is open to appropriation.