The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Here in Quebec while the indian residential school system tragedy happened, someting very similar was happening to many white French Canadian orphans, handicapped and mentally ill children as well. For example, in an era where we were extremely devout catholic and where the church was the utmost authority, literally dictating everyone's lives, lots of children born out of wedlock ended up amongst what we call now the "Duplessis Orphans".

A close family member was one of them. He wrote 1 or 2 books on the subject (he was an author and a poet and was the president of the Quebec writers union for several years) and i always knew him as a fierce activist for the cause, being the spoke person and the president of the Comité des orphelins et orphelines institutionnalisés de Duplessis. He was part of all the attempt at suing/pressuring the provincial government for reparation which finally happened in 2001 but many thought the money was ridiculously low but the majority decided to accept the deal anyway.

So in this context, at least its my interpretation, here very few see the residential school system as something white people did to natives but rather something the government and the catholic church did to them as they did to us. We see both as 2 very similar tragedies caused by the same evil perpetrators.

dogen

Post by dogen »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is competing with La-Den for creepiness...

http://i.imgur.com/Ndnk6jy.png
I think you're just being uncharitable here. I see nothing wrong with what Myers writes, even if he is an insufferable cunt.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Here in Quebec while the indian residential school system tragedy happened, someting very similar was happening to many white French Canadian orphans, handicapped and mentally ill children as well. For example, in an era where we were extremely devout catholic and where the church was the utmost authority, literally dictating everyone's lives, lots of children born out of wedlock ended up amongst what we call now the "Duplessis Orphans".

A close family member was one of them. He wrote 1 or 2 books on the subject (he was an author and a poet and was the president of the Quebec writers union for several years) and i always knew him as a fierce activist for the cause, being the spoke person and the president of the Comité des orphelins et orphelines institutionnalisés de Duplessis. He was part of all the attempt at suing/pressuring the provincial government for reparation which finally happened in 2001 but many thought the money was ridiculously low but the majority decided to accept the deal anyway.

So in this context, at least its my interpretation, here very few see the residential school system as something white people did to natives but rather something the government and the catholic church did to them as they did to us. We see both as 2 very similar tragedies caused by the same evil perpetrators.
Interesting addition. Just goes to show the white vs. them narrative is an invention of warped minds.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote:So, cuntfort is a bit like a pillowfort?
A little. But a pillowfort is just a place for soft cunts to hide away from the real world. Whereas a cuntfort is a place for the real world to escape from the cuntishness of all the soft cunts by being cunts to each other and every other cunt.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:Happy new year to the pit.

Finding this group has contributed to me not being as wound up with stuff going as I was one year previously.

Ta!
Glad you found some comfort in this den of cunts. Hmmm... some cuntfort? Yeah, that's us. We're a cuntfort.
A veritable clitadel.
Well, definitely a motte (and bailey).

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Steersman wrote: And of course, all of the ills and problems of aboriginal culture and the reserve system can be laid at the doorstep of that system? GMAFB.

No doubt it was deeply flawed, but you might try reading the article without your rose-coloured glasses on, and note the periodic reference to things like "Ultimately successful in disrupting the transmission of Indigenous practices and beliefs ...." Or maybe you think all cultures are created equal?
Until you have demonstrated that indigenous cultures (there are hundreds of distinct cultures formerly speaking hundreds of mutually unintelligible languages, not just a single culture) are all inferior to western culture, the null hypothesis is to treat them as if they were no different. You have not done so. You seem to see the destruction of aboriginal cultures as a positive result, but it was precisely why the Canadian government, even under a conservative administration, was forced to apologize.

You malign the aboriginals for complaining about poor living conditions when their traditional lifestyles wouldn't have afforded them such luxuries, but you fail to notice that the transition to a western lifestyle was not a voluntary one. The American/Canadian governments took the land they used, destroyed the bison herds/salmon fisheries and other resources they relied on, herded the natives into towns or reserves, and left them underdeveloped even where there was no self-government. So their traditional ways of life are untenable, and their new western lifestyle is poverty-ridden and underdeveloped, forcing many into cities where they lose further touch with their heritage. No wonder homelessness and mental health issues are so prevalence amongst natives. And all you can find within yourself is to attack them, and for what? Because your ancestors conquered their ancestors hundreds of years ago? That's just the mirror image of blaming individuals for crimes committed by generational cohorts of their ancestors.

If you're so sure of the absolute supremacy of western culture, why don't you try peddling it in Asia and see how far that gets you?
How much contact have you had with aboriginal people have you had? Are you in league with Caine to turn Turtle Island back to its rightful owners?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Malky wrote:Someone who died this year who seems to have been mistakenly left off obituaries and list of people who will be missed:

http://www.lifecoachcode.com/2016/08/11 ... st-heroes/
Ah Steersman - there you are. Tell me, o droid - if this particular muslim had decided to retire to a western nation, do you think he ought to be deported too?
And your evidence that he was actually Muslim? Likely to be thin given that the article quotes him saying that "My religion is humanitarianism".

But, at a stretch, even assuming that he was, one might reasonably suggest that membership in a particular class hardly precludes being forced to accept the principle of collective responsibility. A case in point being that teenagers generally pay higher car insurance premiums even though not all of them are going to be careless or dangerous drivers.
From The Telegraph
A Muslim by birth, Edhi said in 2009 that he had “never been a very religious person”. When asked why he helped people of all creeds, casts and religions he replied: “Because my ambulance is more Muslim than you.”

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
pro-boxing-fan wrote:Here in Quebec while the indian residential school system tragedy happened, someting very similar was happening to many white French Canadian orphans, handicapped and mentally ill children as well. For example, in an era where we were extremely devout catholic and where the church was the utmost authority, literally dictating everyone's lives, lots of children born out of wedlock ended up amongst what we call now the "Duplessis Orphans".

Interesting addition. Just goes to show the white vs. them narrative is an invention of warped minds.
Since you're Canadian, ill had a counter-intuitive fact. When im talking about government, im strictly talking about the province, not the Federal. I mean we don't see them as innocent, far from that, but for those events they get way lesser hate than the Duplessis administration and the catholic church. The backlash to the harsh and authoritarian ways of the catholic church was one of the main catalyst for the "Revolution Tranquille" or Quiet Revolution that followed, it literally changed Quebec forever. We went secular real fast, with very few opposition, and we never looked back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_Revolution

Its also worth pointing out that back then the Duplessis government had total power over the province, the guy was a quasi-dictator, everyone was in his pockets, police, unions, name it, and its my understanding that the federal gov was being more than happy to let him do his thing like he wanted since he always has been a good friend of whoever get the main seat at Ottawa and he had a real serious good grasp over the province.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

jugheadnaut wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: Somehow she convinced herself she's a good boxer and is trying to win fights with striking. In truth, she's almost comically bad as a boxer. Always a bit of fun to see delusion meet the real world. Her strengths are judo and jiu jitsu. I suspect she'll go back into the wilderness for a while, and come back humbler with a back to basics attitude.
So does this mean all her earlier fantastic 2 second defenses of her title were works? Or does it mean that her opponents have collectively upped their game? Or it simply that her psychology went wonky (complacency, etc.)?

Such a precipitous fall from grace seems rather odd, I mean she's basically looking pretty useless now, where before she was godly. WTF has happened to her?
Most of her early finishes were from submission holds, not strikes. She did have 3 fast striking KO's before this losing streak, but those were to mediocre fighters who had basically no striking background(they weren't works). The one thing that can be said about Rousey's striking arsenal is that she hits hard. Everything else is abysmal. So she can beat up a non-striker, and this seems to have given her gratuitous confidence in her striking ability. But at her current level she will be ineffectual against good strikers like Holm and Nunez.

Don't know why it suddenly became important to her to win striking matches rather than MMA matches. Perhaps she started believing the hype about being the best ever, and thought she needed to expand her repertoire beyond winning by armbar every fight to make her case. I think adrenaline and confidence played a key role in her dominance, and that's diminished forever. So even if she comes back focusing on judo and jiu jitsu, I don't think we'll see the old Rousey again.
Yeah that makes sense - it's like, she drank her own Kool Aid and believed she was capable of filling in her weak spots to the point where she could beat anybody in their strong area, instead of staying focussed on what she's obviously brilliant at and has trained from a young age in (judo, jiu jitsu) with the occasional opportunistic hard strike.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

free thoughtpolice wrote: How much contact have you had with aboriginal people have you had? Are you in league with Caine to turn Turtle Island back to its rightful owners?
I've had a bit. Some as an academic doing fieldwork, and some at urban homeless shelters while I was with a charity that works with homeless people. I'm not part of any weird hjoomin conspiracies.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

pro-boxing-fan wrote: Since you're Canadian, ill had a counter-intuitive fact. When im talking about government, im strictly talking about the province, not the Federal. I mean we don't see them as innocent, far from that, but for those events they get way lesser hate than the Duplessis administration and the catholic church. The backlash to the harsh and authoritarian ways of the catholic church was one of the main catalyst for the "Revolution Tranquille" or Quiet Revolution that followed, it literally changed Quebec forever. We went secular real fast, with very few opposition, and we never looked back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_Revolution

Its also worth pointing out that back then the Duplessis government had total power over the province, the guy was a quasi-dictator, everyone was in his pockets, police, unions, name it, and its my understanding that the federal gov was being more than happy to let him do his thing like he wanted since he always has been a good friend of whoever get the main seat at Ottawa and he had a real serious good grasp over the province.
The extent of what I know about that event was social studies back in high school, which was very little and a long time ago, so that's quite interesting.

I'm quite sympathetic towards the diminishing political status of the Francophones in this country as well. Not sure if they need a country, but maybe more self-government so they don't end up essentially like the Inuit. Their policies of linguistic protectionism seems to be a little excessive, though.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Happy New Year you glorious shitlords, btw.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anybody here heard of Times restaurant critics Giles Coren? I'm sure the Brit Pit section have. He's a typical London middle-upper class journalist who is also a bit of a twat.

This is his response to the news that a man who was serving a 12-month prison sentence for putting a bacon sandwich outside a mosque (or it might have been on the door handle, or something), was found dead in his cell.
He has doubled down, and claims he would also kill "cunts" who do similar stuff outside other religious buildings. The Commander does not believe him.

Now, Giles does seem to be a bit of a troll, and he's responding to the rather dumb Tommy Robinson, who already has his mind made up that either, 1. He was shivved by Islamists in his cell, 2. The fear of Islamists made him kill himself. But still, the pure cuntishishness of that tweet from Giles. Note, I don't think he hasn't had much push-back from SJWs for using the term "cunt". Obviously, if you use "cunt" to refer to a white man in jail for Islamophobic hate crimes, "cunt" is OK.
Why are you even surprised. Lefty/liberals have no capacity for independent thought and lack empathy with people having different views. As they have a collectivist mindset and if someone deviates from their ideology then they are subhuman and their life doesn't matter. Do they really think this inhumanity hasn't gone unnoticed by us conservatives because I guarantee that we have noticed. I no longer have any respect for anyone who continues to call themselves a lefty, it's the cultural Marxists who are making us look bad. Fuck you as you no longer have any influence on the way your movement is going. I have not respect for anybody who calls themselves a liberal, but but it is the feminists and the SJWs who are making us look bad, fuck off.

I don't know want the future holds but what I do know is memes such as left and/or liberalism is a mental disorder is being shown to be true everyday. Also white genocide is being promoted on social media is no accident and is not without merit. Winter is coming and you lefty/liberals haven't got any coats.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BBC reporting 35 dead in Istanbul:
Nothing to do with Santa.
Thats not the best start.... make 2017 great again.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Want = what, edit button. :(

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Merry happy fuckin' New Year. May 2017 treat us gently.

free thoughtpolice

Once Obama is gone things can get back to normal.
[youtube][/youtube]

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

And he makes it in just under the wire.

William Christopher, Father Mulcahy on 'MASH,' dies at 84
https://abc7.com/entertainment/william- ... 4/1680901/

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

ROBOKiTTY wrote: The extent of what I know about that event was social studies back in high school, which was very little and a long time ago, so that's quite interesting.

I'm quite sympathetic towards the diminishing political status of the Francophones in this country as well. Not sure if they need a country, but maybe more self-government so they don't end up essentially like the Inuit. Their policies of linguistic protectionism seems to be a little excessive, though.
Lets be honest, Quebecers and other French Canadian will never end up like the inuit. Its two different situation entirely. We have so much more political power than them just for the fact french canadians are close to a quarter of the overall population.

Btw, im an ex separatist. I don't believe its gonna happen anymore. We're past the time where the proposition was a genuine priority amongst the general population. Id rather put my effort in building a better Canada instead, although i do very little outside paying lots of taxes, voting and consuming local product to be honest.

And yes our linguistic policies are excessive in many regards. When it comes to laws that are well intended but ineffective, laws that basically only achieve to annoy business and entrepreneur, yeah, we do have a couple of those in the linguistic department.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Steersman wrote: And of course, all of the ills and problems of aboriginal culture and the reserve system can be laid at the doorstep of that system? GMAFB.

No doubt it was deeply flawed, but you might try reading the article without your rose-coloured glasses on, and note the periodic reference to things like "Ultimately successful in disrupting the transmission of Indigenous practices and beliefs ...." Or maybe you think all cultures are created equal?
Until you have demonstrated that indigenous cultures (there are hundreds of distinct cultures formerly speaking hundreds of mutually unintelligible languages, not just a single culture) are all inferior to western culture, the null hypothesis is to treat them as if they were no different. You have not done so.
Given that the lives of those in indigenous cultures were more "nasty, brutal, and short" than not, and that Western culture in the form of human rights and the scientific method has done far more than they've ever done to rectify that situation for the most number of people, I'd say that the thesis was more or less conclusively proven.
ROBOKiTTY wrote:You seem to see the destruction of aboriginal cultures as a positive result, but it was precisely why the Canadian government, even under a conservative administration, was forced to apologize.
You don't think that the curtailment or ending of such barbaric cultural practices as human sacrifice and sati that has characterized many aboriginal cultures was a "positive result"? And it seems that while there was no doubt some just causes for apologizing, methinks that much of it was predicated on an excess of political correctness, and an overindulgence in self-flagellation - a failure to understand the nature of the problems of that era; hindsight and all that.
ROBOKiTTY wrote:You malign the aboriginals for complaining about poor living conditions when their traditional lifestyles wouldn't have afforded them such luxuries, but you fail to notice that the transition to a western lifestyle was not a voluntary one. The American/Canadian governments took the land they used, destroyed the bison herds/salmon fisheries and other resources they relied on, herded the natives into towns or reserves, and left them underdeveloped even where there was no self-government. So their traditional ways of life are untenable, and their new western lifestyle is poverty-ridden and underdeveloped, forcing many into cities where they lose further touch with their heritage. No wonder homelessness and mental health issues are so prevalence amongst natives. And all you can find within yourself is to attack them, and for what? Because your ancestors conquered their ancestors hundreds of years ago?
Not at all. Not going to fix problems unless one understands the roots of them: seems you're rather too quick to lay all of the blame at the doorstep of western culture, and rather too reluctant to consider the factors in aboriginal culture that are far more determinative. You may wish to take a gander at the Canadian goverment paper on the topic: Indian status and band membership issues. Generally, I think, on some evidence, that it is highly "problematic" to be granting differential rights on the basis of race.
ROBOKiTTY wrote:That's just the mirror image of blaming individuals for crimes committed by generational cohorts of their ancestors.
??? Does not compute ...
ROBOKiTTY wrote:If you're so sure of the absolute supremacy of western culture, why don't you try peddling it in Asia and see how far that gets you?
Don't recollect having said anything about "the absolute supremacy of western culture", only that by some important yardsticks it seems country miles ahead of most others. And while I haven't read as much about Joseph Needham's magnum opus - Science and Civilisation in China - as I would like to have - too many books, too little time, he, or his co-authors, certainly seem to provide plenty of reasons why, despite many credible aspects of science in China, it has or had been more or less left in the dust by the Western variety:
"Needham's Grand Question", also known as "The Needham Question", is this: why had China and India been overtaken by the West in science and technology, despite their earlier successes? In Needham's words, “Why did modern science, the mathematization of hypotheses about Nature, with all its implications for advanced technology, take its meteoric rise only in the West at the time of Galileo [but] had not developed in Chinese civilisation or Indian civilisation? ....

There are several hypotheses attempting to explain the Needham Question. Yingqui Liu and Chunjiang Liu[18] argued that the issue rested on the lack of property rights and that those rights were only obtainable through favour of the emperor. Protection was incomplete as the emperor could rescind those rights at any time. Science and technology were subjugated to the needs of the feudal royal family, and any new discoveries were sequestered by the government for its use. ....

According to Justin Lin,[15] China did not make the shift from an experience-based technological invention process to an experiment-based innovation process. The experience-based process depended on the size of a population, and while new technologies have come about through the trials and errors of the peasants and artisans, experiment-based processes surpasses experience-based processes in yielding new technology. Progress from experimentation following the logic of a scientific method can occur at a much faster rate because the inventor can perform many trials during the same production period under a controlled environment. ....

free thoughtpolice

Go Betty White! If you are in LA you still have 3 1/2 hours to bite the green weeny! :dance:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Hunt wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is competing with La-Den for creepiness...

http://i.imgur.com/Ndnk6jy.png
I sometimes wonder what happened to that kid at the bus stop.
Actually PZ, she was arrested, which is what turned her life around.

Of course, I have no idea if this is true. Perhaps the CA law is good, perhaps it's terrible, but you could never draw a conclusion from that post. The lack of analysis beyond "they should be treated as victims, not criminals" is astounding. It's about at the level of intelligence of "believe the victim". Beyond platitudes, perhaps consider what will ultimately be more beneficial? Just a thought.
In related news: New California Law Does Not Legalize Child Prostitution
And that's true — the law does state that minors won't be treated as criminals if they are caught under such circumstances. But state Democrats say that distinction was necessary so that the children aren't being blamed or punished for their situation.

They are instead to be treated as victims who can be placed into a safe environment by the Department of Social Services, keeping them out of the criminal justice system and potentially off the streets again as child prostitutes, said state Sen. Holly Mitchell, who introduced SB 1322.
We will see how that actually turns out in a year or two I suppose. For some reason I recall there were assurances that changes to the child pornography law(s) would never be used against the teens it was supposed to protect. Right up to the point when teens started to be charged for sexting.

So, We will see I guess?

free thoughtpolice

pro boxing fan wrote:
Btw, im an ex separatist. I don't believe its gonna happen anymore. We're past the time where the proposition was a genuine priority amongst the general population. Id rather put my effort in building a better Canada instead
From BC, I am happy to welcome Quebec to the rest of Canada, united in our disdain for Toronto. :clap:

dogen

Post by dogen »

DaveDodo007 wrote: Lefty/liberals have no capacity for independent thought and lack empathy with people having different views.
DaveDodo007 wrote: I don't know want the future holds but what I do know is memes such as left and/or liberalism is a mental disorder is being shown to be true everyday.
Your pant-soilings are usually an amusing spectacle, but this time the shit fountain has jetted far enough down your legs to give you brown cankles. :clap:

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

free thoughtpolice wrote:pro boxing fan wrote:
Btw, im an ex separatist. I don't believe its gonna happen anymore. We're past the time where the proposition was a genuine priority amongst the general population. Id rather put my effort in building a better Canada instead
From BC, I am happy to welcome Quebec to the rest of Canada, united in our disdain for Toronto. :clap:
Toronto would be an amazing city if it weren't for the fact its full of Torontians.*

*did this old joke crossed the language barrier? (Assuming it started in french)

dogen

Post by dogen »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:pro boxing fan wrote:
Toronto would be an amazing city if it weren't for the fact its full of Torontians.*

*did this old joke crossed the language barrier? (Assuming it started in french)
In England, the same is said of France.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
And your evidence that he was actually Muslim? Likely to be thin given that the article quotes him saying that "My religion is humanitarianism".

But, at a stretch, even assuming that he was, one might reasonably suggest that membership in a particular class hardly precludes being forced to accept the principle of collective responsibility. A case in point being that teenagers generally pay higher car insurance premiums even though not all of them are going to be careless or dangerous drivers.
From The Telegraph
A Muslim by birth, Edhi said in 2009 that he had “never been a very religious person”. When asked why he helped people of all creeds, casts and religions he replied: “Because my ambulance is more Muslim than you.”
Don't see "Muslim by birth" as particularly credible claim to actually being Muslim; rather doubt he then, or anyone else at that age, knew much about the content of the faith or its implications. And his assertion about not being "a very religious person" might suggest that he wouldn't object very strenuously if Islam were to be banned, and all the mosques and madrasas were to be closed.

In any case, as I've mentioned a couple of times now, I'm in the midst of reading Paul Berman's The Flight of the Intellectuals - a history of the Muslim Brotherhood, and a condemnation of the many "intellectuals" who turn a blind eye to the odiousness of the movement in general and Islam in particular, although the author seems somewhat reluctant to go that far. But the book is also organized around the life and thoughts of one Tariq Ramadan, the grandson of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood. And in one of his pamphlets called Jihad, Violence, Guerre et Paix en Islam, he poses the question, "Is the world of Islam intrinsically violent" - recent events in Turkey suggesting the affirmative response. But Berman goes on to say:
Berman wrote:[Ramadan] recalls a prophetic tradition according to which a man who rescues a dog dying of thirst is promised Paradise, whereas a woman who beats her cat to death will receive the worst of punishments. He adds, "The message of Islam is this message of love." Muslims, he says, would do well to speak of this message more often than they do.
All fine and dandy, although it smacks more of a Nazi saying that because Hitler presumably loved his mother or was a vegetarian, the invasion of Poland was justified. Seems to me that as long as "moderate" Muslims insist that the Quran is entirely and totally the word of gawd, so long will they be underwriting, and therefore culpable for, the actions of the extremists who use the same argument to justify their barbarisms.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

dogen wrote:In England, the same is said of France.
Here "Paris" is the orignal joke as far as i can remember but we do change the location to whatever we need like i just did. Of course Toronto end up most often then not as the butt of the joke, just like it would happen anywhere outside Toronto anyway. On that front, we're totally Canadian.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

It look like im spending the last hour of 2016 with the Pit.

Happy New Year to my favorite bunch of likable assholes and Steersman too.

I kinda miss comhcinc. I might be drunk too. Give us some news buddy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Three hours to go here. Sucking down an average IPA now, but champagne later, then outside to watch the fireworks at the Space Needle in Seattle, 30 mi south of here.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

2017...finally.

A belated Christmas thing for the fine folks here.
[youtube][/youtube]

And for those still stuck in 2016.
[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

Happy New Year from the Eastern Time Zone!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:It look like im spending the last hour of 2016 with the Pit.

Comhcinc is experiencing technical difficulties, but still amongst the quick. Worried about Matt Cavanaugh, not seen him about, even in non-pit places.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

A Happy Fuck All of You Timezone's Ahead of Us Westcoast Ableists. The only other people waiting later than us for New Year's are some losers in the middle of the Pacific and I don't think those savages are even aware of New Year's. If you had any decency you would quit lording your earlier than us New Year's celebrations over us and wait until it was 12 PST.

Fuckers.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Happy 2017 pitizens. My win condition for this year is not losing another David Bowie. Feeling very confident about our prospects.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Happy New Year all you bastich's

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I hear NYC paid Hillary 1mil. as a New Years consultant.

They needed someone who really knew how to drop the ball.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Aneris wrote:
Keating wrote:Made my cheesecake. The base is too thick - recipe must have been for a bigger baking dish. The cheese smelled and tasted really good while I was mixing it. Have to wait till tomorrow lunch time to see if it tastes great. I'll be cooking most of the morning, preparing New Years Day lunch.

Happy New Year, Pit!

May 2017 be as interesting as 2016.
Cheesecake with actual cheese? I had to look it up, and indeed that's a thing. I also learned that the oldest german recipe is from the 16th century and recorded by the first german food writer, one Anna Wecker. Hers is based on curd, eggs, sugar and cinnamon. How little has changed in some areas. Older recipes are known from antiquity, and go back as do many things, to the ancient Greeks, who fancied a tart made from curd.

As they say here in slang “Gud'n Rutsch!”, “slide well” (into the new year). See you on the other side.
Cream cheese, and it came out well. Very pleased with myself.

I've also been experimenting with my dad's linzetorte recipe, so that's been fun too.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

¡Feliz año nuevo a Oaxaca!

[youtube][/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

dogen wrote:
And rightly so. Let's face it, we're mostly cunts.

Happy New Year everyone!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Have to laugh at this post @ DannyBoy Muscato's facebook:
I'm a 59 year old lesbian, sitting in my living room with my 24 Year old transgender, non binary child listening to you and thinking how proud Is be if I were your mom. Continue to brave-on girl!
So what is stopping you from adopting the orphan waif?

And someone who is trans is short for gender -> inverter -> opposite gender which in the last 101 digital logic course I took is binary, as granny confirms by calling the adult Muscato a girl.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
dogen wrote:
And rightly so. Let's face it, we're mostly cunts.

Happy New Year everyone!
And therefore somewhat pricks. Therefore somewhat non-binary.

Plz disregard my last post.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

My New Years Prediction?:

Rousey makes a series of porn videos where she beats the guys/maybe females into submission for sex and becomes the richest person in the combined Porn/MMA world. And White get's a 25% cut as her pimp/promoter.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

jet_lagg wrote:Happy 2017 pitizens. My win condition for this year is not losing another David Bowie. Feeling very confident about our prospects.
How is Annie Lennox feeling these days?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Still over two and a half hours to go before midnight for me and I'm feeling pretty good...upp! got a little cramp in my leg...and my balls hurt. I'm OK, must have been Joe Pesci.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Hunt wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Happy 2017 pitizens. My win condition for this year is not losing another David Bowie. Feeling very confident about our prospects.
How is Annie Lennox feeling these days?
Answer: Better than David Bowie.

A vague memory of Davie Bowie: I passed out in a friends bedroom during grad with Alladin Sane or Rise and Fall of Ziggy or Diamond Dogs, can't remember, it's all vague, blasting in the headphones. Cause I didn't want to wake everyone up, since I was a very thoughtful person even in grade 12. Except the headphones weren't plugged in and my buddy and me were too drunk to notice. But everyone else in the house noticed, at 3 in the morning.

Good times. Miss you Dave.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Was readin' me articles on ED and keeping up with the local youths and noticed that we are linked as "The answer to Freethought blogs" as the last link.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Freethought_Blogs

Jolly good.

Guest_cbe0318c

Post by Guest_cbe0318c »

I'm left wondering if DaveDodos's computer screen has wipers to deal with all the spittle.

Happy New Year everyone.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hunt wrote:Still over two and a half hours to go before midnight for me and I'm feeling pretty good...upp! got a little cramp in my leg...and my balls hurt. I'm OK, must have been Joe Pesci.

Without clicking the link, that's definitely George.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:It look like im spending the last hour of 2016 with the Pit.

And me too? Rather sporting of you there old chap though my transgressions must have been egregious. :-) But to you as well - hope you managed to watch/listen to some of Bye Bye 2016.

And likewise to the Pit:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rayshul wrote:Was readin' me articles on ED and keeping up with the local youths and noticed that we are linked as "The answer to Freethought blogs" as the last link.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Freethought_Blogs

Jolly good.
They also label us as a MRA forum, though...

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Men%27 ... s_Activist

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Happy 2017, Cunts! I think this is the yer the SJW tide gets rolled back...

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

[quote="Steersman"]
And likewise to the Pit: Sure happy New Years to the Francs. What about us Anglos?

Bigot.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:Imagine that someone kidnaps you and you wake up in a castle. You're fed excellent food, you're given every means of entertainment you desire, your room has everything you want, you can ever take some walks in the courtyard and the weather is great. But you can never, ever leave, or you'll be killed. Would you say that you are free?
Does it have the Internet? if I didn't have to work for a living, fuck freedom and sign me up.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

deLurch wrote:Not much he could do other than.. I don't know maybe call the police? Even a college student should have enough horse sense, even back then the cops would go nuts about an early teen prostitute.
Yeah, there is nothing in this story other than to show P Z is a fucking liar.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

BarnOwl wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Watching one of those talking heads clip shows the BBC do from time to time on Youtube - The Grumpy Guide to the 80s. Amusing enough, remembering Black Lace's "Agadoo" as possibly the worst thing that has ever happened, and Mrs Thatcher's "We have become a grandmother" bit. One laugh-out-loud moment as the narrator, the great Geoffrey Palmer, describes a Filofax as an "acoustic Blackberry".
Ugh, Thatcher!

"Acoustic" paper planners are kind of a thing at the moment, at least in the US and UK. I don't think they've ever been out of style in Japan. I don't care for electronic calendars and planners, so I'll stick with my paper Hobonichi Techo.
Get fucked. Thatcher saved us, under the retarded labour, well they run out of other peoples money and had to go cap in hand to the IMF (otherwise bread lines). Totally embarrassing for a once mighty Empire. Socialism not even once, fuck that retarded ideology to hell.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Compliments of the season.

Have a prosperous xmas and a merry new year, one and all.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Get fucked. Thatcher saved us, under the retarded labour, well they run out of other peoples money and had to go cap in hand to the IMF (otherwise bread lines). Totally embarrassing for a once mighty Empire. Socialism not even once, fuck that retarded ideology to hell.
[youtube][/youtube]

nb Rik Mayall would be another to add to the 2016 death list - except for the fact that he died in 2014.