The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
ROBOKiTTY

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

AndrewV69 wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote: Sounds like you don't have a high opinion of their culture, but they did manage to survive for thousands of years up there and outlived the Greenland Vikings, who refused to eat fish or learn from the locals and died of starvation.

You talk about there being no space for traditional lifestyles, but Canada has nothing but space. Most of it might not be prime real estate, but it's land they've survived on for millennia. On the other hand, climate change is hitting the Inuit way of life quite hard, unfortunately for a people with no industry and thus who didn't cause it. That's yet another way modern people have wronged and are continuing to wrong them.
I assume you got that from Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed -Jared Diamond? Apparently it was a popular theory for some time.

Anyway, there is another theory. That they packed up and left for the most part. See Vikings left Greenland for cultural, social reasons?
Yes, Diamond's book was where I got the notion. This is an interesting idea. Thanks for the heads up. Though where did all of them move? Seems like the evidence suggests that only a few definitively ended up elsewhere. Did the Greenland Vikings even have seaworthy vessels near the end? They used to sail north to hunt, but that was in coastal waters at worst, and the practice died out near the end anyway. Perhaps most of them died at sea.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

paddybrown wrote:I've been putting together a playlist of my favourite Leonard Cohen songs, mixed in with a few covers by other artists. Working through it chronologically, I've chosen two or three or four songs from each album (and none from Death of a Ladies' Man, the album he did with Phil Spector, which is probably worse than you're imagining from that description. Really, the most misbegotten, misconceived musical pairing ever). A significant slice of every album so far is awful, tuneless and grating, but apart from Death of a Ladies' Man, there's always a few gems, sometimes more.

But I've come to I'm Your Man, and I can't leave out anything except Jazz Police. Despite the astonishingly cheesy 80s synth production, it really is a magnificent album. I'd forgotten how bloody good it is.

[youtube][/youtube]
Agreed 100% with that. Everybody Knows in particular, I think is an absolutely amazing song.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

I think I'm Your Man is the point at which Cohen fully made the switch from vulnerable, soul-baring romantic to resigned, caustic cynic, and also learned to use his limited voice to its best advantage.

Now listening to The Future, which is nearly as good. The title track is absolutely savage, and some great lines in Closing Time:
I loved you for your beauty
That doesn't make a fool of me
You were in it for your beauty too
And I loved you for your body
There's a voice that sounds like God to me
Declaring that your body's really you

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:SZvan explains that the Pit made her stronger.
It’s also not a secret that one of the places Gamergate and “alt-right” harassment tactics were honed was in the broader secular movement or that I was one of the targets of those. Implicit and explicit threats, demeaning sexual commentary, smear campaigns, coordinated monitoring and attacks at a dedicated site, denial or tacit acceptance of the harassment from people and institutions who benefited from their critics being silenced, big names directing harassers and refusing to take responsibility–all of that was there. It still is.
http://archive.is/YVmIf
We're to blame for Trump, folks, we're to blame for Trump. The Pit spawned Gamergate, which spawned the "alt-right", which spawned Trump.

Jesus Christ, Stephanie, are you this fucking in denial? Do you really think that people who post in a small forum, "honed" the tactics of Gamergate and of the alt-right? Do you really have the gall of accusing others of smear campaigns after you helped set up a system to coordinate smears against the people you disliked in the atheist/skeptic community? Are you really accusing "big names" of "refusing to take responsibility", when you and your peers refused to take responsibility for any consequence of your accusations of racism, rape apologism, misogyny, rape, sexual assaults, harassment, that your lot tossed aside willy-nilly from the start? How can you accuse other to "silence critics" after you banned, blocked, smeared, attacked, even doxxed anyone who criticized or joked about you? How, in good honesty, can you accuse people you don't like of making "implicit and explicit threats" when you're supported going after the employers of your critics and were part of a blog where people delight in describing how they'd love to stab priests who don't cure them, or to insert porcupines up people's asses, or tell people to "die in a fire"?

Well, you know what, keep believing what you want to believe. Keep believing you're all innocent victims of the reactionary monsters. Your time is over, you're already old news. You've wrecked the American left with your identity politics and your loyalty and purity games. You're part of the reason why Trump won, and if you double down you're going to help him getting re-elected in 2020. It's time that the left stops taking you and your networks of whining snowflakes seriously. It's time to drop post-modern "X studies", to stop promoting rage bloggers of little to no value, to focus on real problems, not on video games you don't like or nasty comments on the internet. It's time for you SJWs to accept defeat, concede that your methods didn't work, and focus on goals and projects without all the ideological, dogmatic trappings of SJ rhetoric.
Yup. I mean don't get me wrong. I think there are similarities between say GamerGate and the SlymePit, to be honest. I think the Alt-Right is largely its own and drastically different thing. But it's all more in a reactionary sense...and there's nothing wrong with being reactionary. It all depends on what you're reacting TO.

Quite frankly, the same hubris, the same ego, the same tribalism, the same self-importance, the same bigotry that was present in Atheism+ was also present in the culture that spawned GamerGate as an opposing force, and was the same culture that drove the Democrats to try and win a cultural war instead of a political war...they didn't want votes. They wanted people to not vote for the other side. They want to marginalize and ostracize everybody who disagrees with them. Period. That was the goal. Winning the election? That was just a side-goal. If they alienated enough people, of COURSE they'd win, right?

If Clinton even made a BIT of effort to talk about issues she would have won the Rust Belt. But she didn't. Nope, it's more important to make all those people who might think that Trump's reactionary take on globalization and automation may have a few points going for it feel like shit for even considering it. And don't get me wrong. I don't think Trump can or will tackle those issues either. But at least he paid a bit of lip service to them.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Lsuoma wrote:No, no, no! You've got it wrong: Coren is pissed off because it was just plain bacon instead of air-dried, vintage Jamón Serrano, with a fascinating little Tempranillo/Rioja blend to accompany it.
Well, now I'm hungry.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Nobody is perfect.

Karen Straughan is a global warming skeptic. And the HoneyBadgers in general belief that the (perceived) threat of Islam is overstated (to say the least) - specifically that Western people are fitting a patriachial model to the issue. (ie that the Men have it just as bad, if not worse than the Women in Islam).
Is there any specific bit of their Islam claims-- which you'd cite as false, or care to refute?
One of the videos criticizing a Honey Badgers livestream. perhaps what Marcus was referring to:
[youtube][/youtube]
The criticism is bollocks. They are not arguing that Islam is great for women, and it certainly isn't Islamic apologetics.
I already have an overview and knew a lot of what Karen said to be true. I have communicated with a number of women in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere, and while it is sort of wrong to compare them to any women in the west, they are most like the wives of rich men. They get everything the ask for, they are either sitting around in the harem putting on make up and taking selfies or they are out shopping. I was talking to one girl who is getting a very expensive education and is expected to study hard, but she does much of that laying around a pool in a bikini, despite the fact she has to wear a black tent when outside in public. She will never use this education, sooner or later she will be forced into an arranged marriage, she will be expected to pop out quite a few children but she has servants. This girl is not from a wealthy family by their standards but she obviously isn't poor. It's a snapshot.

The women of the family form a cabal with considerable power and it is they who pull the string and enforce the cultural norms.
However, Karen has said some other things that I was unaware of so I picked a few which surprised me and fact checked them with a couple of Arab women I was talking to at the time and they checked out.

It is true that a woman's word is worth less than a man, and she could get stoned to death for the crime of being raped. But the religious police are not randomly kicking down doors in these countries where pederasty, homosexuality, prostitution and adultery are fairly common -- who gets away with it and who doesn't is likely dependent on who you pissed off and what the family decides to report and what to turn a blind eye too. I should also say that a lot of this is Arab culture and not necessarily Islamic.

What really interests me about Karen Straughan is the way she takes a historical look at society and reinterprets it. She has made some of the same arguments that I have, except she has researched it far deeper and gone into much more detail. For example, the idea that a woman runs a household but suddenly the man comes home and he is the boss is fairly absurd on it's face. The idea that he would decide how money is spent is absurd. This didn't happen in our grandparent's generation or Great grandparent's generations any more than it could possibly happen now. The difference being that back then it was quite possible there would be several generations living in one house... which explains why mother-in-law jokes were so prevalent in years past.

I think that a lot of MGTOW really want to hate on the girls in the HoneyBadgers and this is a way to label them SJWs.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote: Sounds like you don't have a high opinion of their culture, but they did manage to survive for thousands of years up there and outlived the Greenland Vikings, who refused to eat fish or learn from the locals and died of starvation.

You talk about there being no space for traditional lifestyles, but Canada has nothing but space. Most of it might not be prime real estate, but it's land they've survived on for millennia. On the other hand, climate change is hitting the Inuit way of life quite hard, unfortunately for a people with no industry and thus who didn't cause it. That's yet another way modern people have wronged and are continuing to wrong them.
I assume you got that from Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed -Jared Diamond? Apparently it was a popular theory for some time.

Anyway, there is another theory. That they packed up and left for the most part. See Vikings left Greenland for cultural, social reasons?
Yes, Diamond's book was where I got the notion. This is an interesting idea. Thanks for the heads up. Though where did all of them move? Seems like the evidence suggests that only a few definitively ended up elsewhere. Did the Greenland Vikings even have seaworthy vessels near the end? They used to sail north to hunt, but that was in coastal waters at worst, and the practice died out near the end anyway. Perhaps most of them died at sea.
I suspect a gradual process spanning decades before the local clergy tossed in the towel and sent a message on one of the now infrequent trading ships requesting evacuation.

Not everyone would have left when the clergy did of course.

As for where they went? I imagine they would have scattered. Various parts of Iceland & Norway seems likely.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Karmakin wrote:
Quite frankly, the same hubris, the same ego, the same tribalism, the same self-importance, the same bigotry that was present in Atheism+ was also present in the culture that spawned GamerGate as an opposing force, and was the same culture that drove the Democrats to try and win a cultural war instead of a political war...they didn't want votes. They wanted people to not vote for the other side. They want to marginalize and ostracize everybody who disagrees with them. Period. That was the goal. Winning the election? That was just a side-goal. If they alienated enough people, of COURSE they'd win, right?

If Clinton even made a BIT of effort to talk about issues she would have won the Rust Belt. But she didn't. Nope, it's more important to make all those people who might think that Trump's reactionary take on globalization and automation may have a few points going for it feel like shit for even considering it. And don't get me wrong. I don't think Trump can or will tackle those issues either. But at least he paid a bit of lip service to them.

Suddenly I am reminded of the moment that Gordon Brown showed his true colours.
[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Anyone hazard a guess as to what might happen in Cologne tomorrow (later today)?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Looks like a Content Delivery System cock up at the BBC, that's posted in the "Latin America & Caribbean" section.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Did Raging Bee break for Ophie and puff into that smoke ring of obscurity?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

paddybrown wrote:I've been putting together a playlist of my favourite Leonard Cohen songs, mixed in with a few covers by other artists. Working through it chronologically, I've chosen two or three or four songs from each album (and none from Death of a Ladies' Man, the album he did with Phil Spector, which is probably worse than you're imagining from that description. Really, the most misbegotten, misconceived musical pairing ever). A significant slice of every album so far is awful, tuneless and grating, but apart from Death of a Ladies' Man, there's always a few gems, sometimes more.

But I've come to I'm Your Man, and I can't leave out anything except Jazz Police. Despite the astonishingly cheesy 80s synth production, it really is a magnificent album. I'd forgotten how bloody good it is.

[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry Paddy, I just don't get the love for Cohen. Dylan is an amazing wordmaster with a pretty bad voice and I love him for both, but Cohen to me...I don't get a sense of either word or voice being anything but teeth-grindingly awful.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:How about when she accused that lovely young woman of sexually harassing a man when it turned out to be fairly innocent shenanigans. Hope that didn't destroy the marriage of the poor victim she was trying to save.
She really should have handed in her feminist of the year award for that.
http://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds/201 ... -it-wrong/

http://archive.is/9PFZN

Which included the wonderful translation of "I fucked up" as:
I mistook being part of a set of events as they unfolded as being the same thing as having a full enough view of those events to know that I could comment on them without getting her perspective. I should not have done that. As a result, I published an account of her actions that has not fully stood up in the face of further scrutiny.
Cunt.

SZvan. "We see you"

Does The Pit have a copy of the deleted post she is apologizing for?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

The last four paragraphs... priceless.

The world was shocked by Brexit, the world was shocked by Trump. I think the world will be shocked again when Merkel is reelected. I sure as hell can't explain why they keep voting for her. Surely anyone else would be better.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:There is a redacted version here.

http://web.archive.org/web/201310201915 ... ore-thing/
What a nasty cunt she is. Is she a trustafarian, or do people pay her for her lies and spite?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yeah. Looks like it was posted on the 18th but the first way back machine is the 20th after the shit hit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:Anyone hazard a guess as to what might happen in Cologne tomorrow (later today)?
Racist Germans will throw bacon at everyone that has a decent tan, beard, hoodie.
It will eclipse Knachwurstnacht. :(

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Lsuoma wrote:Anyone hazard a guess as to what might happen in Cologne tomorrow (later today)?
As I keep making predictions which come true, but I keep forgetting where I have stated them, I am going to take a punt at this.

All eyes will be on Germany, but the German police will have stepped up security. German women will not be so vulnerable because they will have their men protecting them. There will be incidents of course, but nothing like we have seen before.

But, I expect Paul Joseph Watson will still have something to report because Taharrush is not a German phenomenon but an Arab one. Keep your eyes on Sweden and France.

I predict we won't hear about it much on the MSM but there will be exaggerated stories all over social media. It is also possible that some stories will be made up for attention and we will hear about it on the BBC under "fake news".

free thoughtpolice

Redacted and still contains this gem:
One final note: I suspect that many ScienceOnline people have seen bits and pieces of this harassment, maybe without enough information to put it all together until now. I probably don’t have to say this, but please preserve the privacy of the people Christie harassed unless and until they wish to come forward. All three of my friends involved know I’m writing this. They know they shouldn’t feel any obligation to speak up just because I couldn’t keep my big mouth shut.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:

Looks like a Content Delivery System cock up at the BBC, that's posted in the "Latin America & Caribbean" section.
Yes. Odd. I picked it up from the front page, though.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

From the BBC article on Merkel:
Christmas tree remains caught in the front of the lorry that struck was deliberately driven into a busy Christmas market in Berlin by a Tunisian Muslim asylum seeker.
FTFY, BBC. I may be just a dumb Texan, but at least I can call it like I see it, without invoking self-driving terrorist lorries.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Redacted and still contains this gem:
One final note: I suspect that many ScienceOnline people have seen bits and pieces of this harassment, maybe without enough information to put it all together until now. I probably don’t have to say this, but please preserve the privacy of the people Christie harassed unless and until they wish to come forward. All three of my friends involved know I’m writing this. They know they shouldn’t feel any obligation to speak up just because I couldn’t keep my big mouth shut.
She really is the cunt of all cunts, isn't she. She really needs a kick in herself. Herself.

dogen

Post by dogen »

MarcusAu wrote:Giles? Why can't we have Alan?
Why not even Victoria? She's my guilty little pleasure.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The second one is real btw

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I only just realized that 0.6667 of ELP checked out this year. I bet Carl Palmer is taking it very carefully for the next couple of days.

BTW, musically, for me, the loss of Greg Lake was almost as big as Bowie - the original Crimso were one of the main formative influences on me, and King Crimson remain three of my top five concerts of all time. The other two were Bowie, at the Central Hall in Chatham on 12 June, 1973, and Patti Smith at the Rainbow in 1976. Especially Rock and Roll Nigger - Lenny Kaye was smoking hot that night on guitar.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HoneyWagon wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5844393617

Skeptic on looking for legal funds
Fuck you. :nin:

At least I enacted the imgur labour.

free thoughtpolice

Wow. :shock: The comments from the Spokane stud are well...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Who will love Alassin Sane?

http://i.imgur.com/xmclhG2.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I wonder which fool parted with "thousands of dollars" to stymie Carriers word-walls?

If the Orbit wasn't involved I'd have said Ophie withdrew some wads from her prune-I keep receptacle.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

AndrewV69 wrote:snip

I suspect a gradual process spanning decades before the local clergy tossed in the towel and sent a message on one of the now infrequent trading ships requesting evacuation.

Not everyone would have left when the clergy did of course.

As for where they went? I imagine they would have scattered. Various parts of Iceland & Norway seems likely.
As I recall, fur traders often made the journey to trade, and cod boats made it over from Europe all the time. Most likely went back to Iceland, or wherever the boat and fate took them. I doubt too many died at sea. Most Icelanders of the time were quite skilled at judging the sea and its perils.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Wow. :shock: The comments from the Spokane stud are well...
I think we may have found where Peezus broadcasts his alter ego...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When Jordan Peterson described himself as 'deeply religious', MarcusAu posted about it here to mark his dissent & flag Peterson's intellectual unreliability. MarcusAu's post about the HoneyBadgers, global-warming denial & islam-apology is quite similar.

Peterson seems like a model New Atheist darwinian, except for his glaring 'religious' quirk. The HoneyBadgers seem like model anti-SJWs, except for glaring Islamophilia. I get the impression that Marcus is concerned that fanboys might be so delighted to find heroes, that they lionize unworthy figures/ failing to scrutinize fatal flaws.

Marcus's warning directly led to me listening to a semester of one Peterson course lectures & half a semester of another. My scorekeeping has Peterson far ahead in the debate, until some atheist actually bothers to refute Peterson's actual assertions. Kirbmarc's one-size-fits-all attempt only chased strawmen. Marcus's honeybadger warning caused me to listen to that sneering skull moron. I dont think he included the HoneyBadgers' strongest arguments.... but even the weak ones he tried to skewer... were not debunked by the skull's empty posturing. I only was convinced that the skull is an Arthur Chu-level expert at mindkilling any unwanted thoughts. A habit Orwell dubbed 'crimestop':

"Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

The skull's response video consists largely of eyerolling & declaring himself too bored or sleepy to actually refute Karen's points.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And the Beatles lost TWO managers this year: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38473742

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

https://drugs.com/cymbalta.html
Cymbalta (duloxetine) is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant (SSNRI). The way duloxetine works is still not fully understood. It is thought to positively affect communication between nerve cells in the central nervous system and/or restore chemical balance in the brain.

Cymbalta is used to treat major depressive disorder in adults. It is also used to treat general anxiety disorder in adults and children who are at least 7 years old.

Cymbalta is also used in adults to treat fibromyalgia (a chronic pain disorder), or chronic muscle or joint pain (such as low back pain and osteoarthritis pain).

Cymbalta is also used to treat pain caused by nerve damage in adults with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy).
-Soylent

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Guest_935516df wrote: https://drugs.com/cymbalta.html
Cymbalta (duloxetine) is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant (SSNRI). The way duloxetine works is still not fully understood. It is thought to positively affect communication between nerve cells in the central nervous system and/or restore chemical balance in the brain.

Cymbalta is used to treat major depressive disorder in adults. It is also used to treat general anxiety disorder in adults and children who are at least 7 years old.

Cymbalta is also used in adults to treat fibromyalgia (a chronic pain disorder), or chronic muscle or joint pain (such as low back pain and osteoarthritis pain).

Cymbalta is also used to treat pain caused by nerve damage in adults with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy).
-Soylent
Yep. Great drug for some people. What's wrong?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Yep. Great drug for some people. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong.

Just trying to figure out Danielle, her behavior & some of her choices. Rayshal got me curious.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Wow. :shock: The comments from the Spokane stud are well...
http://i.imgur.com/akaRv82.jpg

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Nobody is perfect.

Karen Straughan is a global warming skeptic. And the HoneyBadgers in general belief that the (perceived) threat of Islam is overstated (to say the least) - specifically that Western people are fitting a patriachial model to the issue. (ie that the Men have it just as bad, if not worse than the Women in Islam).
Is there any specific bit of their Islam claims-- which you'd cite as false, or care to refute?
One of the videos criticizing a Honey Badgers livestream. perhaps what Marcus was referring to:
[youtube][/youtube]
Some people went bananas over the HB on Islam thing. As always with Alison Tieman's takes on things, it's really interesting and quite outside any typical stance.

I've thought for quite some time now that the MRM as the HB crowd conceptualize it is quite revolutionary, possibly the most actually revolutionary ideology out today.

I mean if they're right, then a whole lot of what we take for granted, even those of us who are skeptical of SJW-ism, is 180 degrees wrong.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :burn: :burn: :burn: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Lsuoma wrote:I only just realized that 0.6667 of ELP checked out this year. I bet Carl Palmer is taking it very carefully for the next couple of days.

BTW, musically, for me, the loss of Greg Lake was almost as big as Bowie - the original Crimso were one of the main formative influences on me, and King Crimson remain three of my top five concerts of all time. The other two were Bowie, at the Central Hall in Chatham on 12 June, 1973, and Patti Smith at the Rainbow in 1976. Especially Rock and Roll Nigger - Lenny Kaye was smoking hot that night on guitar.
Keith Emerson and Greg Lake were by far the big musical losses for me in 2016. I never cared much for Bowie, Prince, Cohen, etc. but ELP has always been one of my favorite bands. Palmer had a reputation for being much more health-conscious than the alcoholic Emerson and the overweight, chain-smoking Lake, so hopefully he'll outlive his former bandmates by many years.

Lake, in his prime, had the best male singing voice I've ever heard, as in this performance where all three are in their early- to mid-twenties:
[youtube][/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Yeah. Looks like it was posted on the 18th but the first way back machine is the 20th after the shit hit.
This is the unredacted post.

http://imgur.com/pp99f0J.jpg

http://imgur.com/jsdfAe8.jpg

http://imgur.com/gn0oE9T.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anybody here heard of Times restaurant critics Giles Coren? I'm sure the Brit Pit section have. He's a typical London middle-upper class journalist who is also a bit of a twat.

This is his response to the news that a man who was serving a 12-month prison sentence for putting a bacon sandwich outside a mosque (or it might have been on the door handle, or something), was found dead in his cell.
He has doubled down, and claims he would also kill "cunts" who do similar stuff outside other religious buildings. The Commander does not believe him.

Now, Giles does seem to be a bit of a troll, and he's responding to the rather dumb Tommy Robinson, who already has his mind made up that either, 1. He was shivved by Islamists in his cell, 2. The fear of Islamists made him kill himself. But still, the pure cuntishishness of that tweet from Giles. Note, I don't think he hasn't had much push-back from SJWs for using the term "cunt". Obviously, if you use "cunt" to refer to a white man in jail for Islamophobic hate crimes, "cunt" is OK.
Since he's a food critic, there's still a good chance he was pissed off at such a waste of good bacon...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brive1987 wrote:SZvan explains that the Pit made her stronger.
It’s also not a secret that one of the places Gamergate and “alt-right” harassment tactics were honed was in the broader secular movement or that I was one of the targets of those. Implicit and explicit threats, demeaning sexual commentary, smear campaigns, coordinated monitoring and attacks at a dedicated site, denial or tacit acceptance of the harassment from people and institutions who benefited from their critics being silenced, big names directing harassers and refusing to take responsibility–all of that was there. It still is.
http://archive.is/YVmIf
So, the fucking cunt still has no idea that the Pit is just a pub, not a site dedicated to anything other than open conversation. Not surprising.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Yeah. Looks like it was posted on the 18th but the first way back machine is the 20th after the shit hit.
This is the unredacted post.

http://imgur.com/pp99f0J.jpg

http://imgur.com/jsdfAe8.jpg

http://imgur.com/gn0oE9T.jpg

Nice one. :clap:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The story there was the dude was actually having an affair no? And SZvan shot herself in the foot with her claims of "witch".

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
HAHAHA!! :clap: :clap:

Ugly-food snapping nutter, meet ugly-food snapping nutter :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:The story there was the dude was actually having an affair no? And SZvan shot herself in the foot with her claims of "witch".
Yeah, Zvan went bigfooting into a situation she didn't understand. The players were trying to let it recede into the past quietly so the guy wouldn't wind up un-married.

http://imgur.com/MlPCRf9.jpg

This caused Zvan to hide in her toadhole for nearly a whole season. It was wonderful :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Christie has, ah, changed over the past three years.

http://i.imgur.com/jAoYJyU.jpg

I'd want to put those memories behind me too.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Happy 2017 y'all.

http://i.imgur.com/JVxetWU.jpg
Peez will hate this :lol:

Because, what can he say? It's not an attack or a parody, it's accurate. I'd like to watch him pretzel himself responding.

Put that next to Peez the justice weenie, who'll use violence as an excuse for Oggie-style virtuous preening.

http://imgur.com/FshIMYL.jpg

And that post about Brussels he "promptly" put up was no better. It's just another warning about the backlash against innocent Muslims that never happens.

http://archive.is/xFJ6e

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Christie has, ah, changed over the past three years.

http://i.imgur.com/jAoYJyU.jpg

:D

There were plenty of shocked reactions to how she'd gone to chunk when her pics turned up during Zvan's shitstorm. It looks like she's even larger. Wow.

I skinnified her for old time's sake, but never posted it. Here it is, a couple of years late.

http://imgur.com/JGWyigt.jpg

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: So, the fucking cunt still has no idea that the Pit is just a pub, not a site dedicated to anything other than open conversation. Not surprising.
Pub sounds about right. A boatload of cynical drunkards, a bunch of grumpy old geezers in the corner, a couple of poopslingers punching each other into a coma, a Frenchman munching on crayons, a handful of boids perched on the counter, a few hobos and confused academics, and a washed-up rocker in an animatronic kitten suit preaching about xir divinity and ordering only milk.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Washed up? You look fairly young in your pic.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Brive1987 wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5844393617

Skeptic on looking for legal funds
Fuck you. :nin:

At least I enacted the imgur labour.
I was on my phone in a car. Swearsies.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:When Jordan Peterson described himself as 'deeply religious', MarcusAu posted about it here to mark his dissent & flag Peterson's intellectual unreliability. MarcusAu's post about the HoneyBadgers, global-warming denial & islam-apology is quite similar.

Peterson seems like a model New Atheist darwinian, except for his glaring 'religious' quirk. The HoneyBadgers seem like model anti-SJWs, except for glaring Islamophilia. I get the impression that Marcus is concerned that fanboys might be so delighted to find heroes, that they lionize unworthy figures/ failing to scrutinize fatal flaws.

Marcus's warning directly led to me listening to a semester of one Peterson course lectures & half a semester of another. My scorekeeping has Peterson far ahead in the debate, until some atheist actually bothers to refute Peterson's actual assertions. Kirbmarc's one-size-fits-all attempt only chased strawmen. Marcus's honeybadger warning caused me to listen to that sneering skull moron. I dont think he included the HoneyBadgers' strongest arguments.... but even the weak ones he tried to skewer... were not debunked by the skull's empty posturing. I only was convinced that the skull is an Arthur Chu-level expert at mindkilling any unwanted thoughts. A habit Orwell dubbed 'crimestop':

"Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

The skull's response video consists largely of eyerolling & declaring himself too bored or sleepy to actually refute Karen's points.
The problem in Peterson's case is that you haven't bothered to express his ideas in a way that is possible to criticize. When I have expressed criticism, you've always deflected it as "this is not what Peterson actually says", without providing a clear summary of what he says, or even when you did, by engaging in exegesis.

For example you've quoted Peterson as saying that atheism leads to nihilism. I've asked for evidence, since there's compelling evidence that atheists care about charity and social issues just as much as believers. You've failed to address this point and have said this isn't what Peterson meant, that it was just you who misreported him, even though you quoted him verbatim. This simply prevents any criticism and makes it obvious that Peterson "wins" in your scoreboard.

Criticism is only possible if someone exposes ideas which are possible to falsify. If there's no possible evidence that could falsify your idea, because it's so vague and ambiguous that it could mean anything and nothing, then it's easy to "win".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Christie has, ah, changed over the past three years.

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/jAoYJyU.jpg[/img]

:D

There were plenty of shocked reactions to how she'd gone to chunk when her pics turned up during Zvan's shitstorm. It looks like she's even larger. Wow.

I skinnified her for old time's sake, but never posted it. Here it is, a couple of years late.

http://imgur.com/JGWyigt.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/farm6.static.flickr.c ... 7d33e4.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/320 ... 3dd492.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrZg8LKUAAAEUOi.jpg

According to the manosphere she has hit the wall. Which is too bad. Unfortunately men generally are attracted to beauty rather than brains. She has no chance with landing a "desirable" man at this point. Certainly not if her competition is a 20 yr old hottie with half her IQ.

She is pretty much toast.