The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Sorry folks, we just ordered our bike, and it won't be here before January 10th. I'm off the list for 2016. Early 2017 might be up for take...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:Btw now it's midnight and 32 degrees. Sigh.
Well, at least now your snow will start to melt. :bjarte: :bjarte: :bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

feathers wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Heina weighing in (pun intended) on the death of Carrie Fisher:
https://www.facebook.com/heinousheina/p ... ref=story#
It says nothing about the long-term effects of Jabba having to gain excessive weight for that role. Just because 'e's a white cishet male.
Coffee dispensed nasally. Have a Best Post Evah!

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Tigzy wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Heina weighing in (pun intended) on the death of Carrie Fisher:
https://www.facebook.com/heinousheina/p ... ref=story#
'The male gaze can be quite literally deadly.'

Beware, my sweet,
Of the male gaze,
For Those Y chromosome eyes may harbour a nasty surprise,
In the shape of deadly, dangerous
Patriarchy rays.
The third line needs a bit of work. The bit about Y chromosomes comes from out of the blue.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Billie from Ockham wrote: The third line needs a bit of work. The bit about Y chromosomes comes from out of the blue.
Mansplainin. smh.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:I think that a better gesture would have been the marines showing up to do some sorely needed work, like repairing a road or building a well. But then again I'm a bit allergic to dramatic gestures done quite clearly only for media exposure.
There's a saying under the Dutch marines that there's no such thing as an ex-marine (unless you've been thrown out dishonourably, perhaps)- only an old-marine. You're supposed to represent the Corps even after your pension. Were those kneeling marines representing the Corps? If not, they shouldn't have done it.

The theatre as such was zum Kotzen of course.
I wouldn't mind the theatre so much if it lead to something productive. All public manifestations of anything are staged and theatrical, but this is gratuitously so and pretty pointless. I can understand why people are pissed.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

feathers wrote: I'm sure they miss the asphalted motorways, clean drinking water, heated tents, hospitals and abundance of dairy acquisition opportunities from their nomadic days.
That's for them to decide, not for outsiders to go in and force on them. Besides, the overwhelmingly majority of Inuit are lactose-intolerant, and I just said they lacked many of those things.
Easy J wrote:On the groveling before the injuns deal: I wouldn't accept an apology for anything someone's ancestors did to mine & I think a lot less of anyone that would.
Like I said, historical mistreatment of natives went on into the 1990's, not to mention modern mistreatment. That's less stuff your ancestors did and more stuff your generational cohorts were doing. On some level, it is certainly true that you shouldn't bear responsibility for something you aren't personally responsible for. On the other hand, you are saying that while on land that would've belonged to natives if they hadn't died to smallpox and been driven out. Look at the state the natives are in now. Even the Mongol Empire treated their conquered subjects better than this.

Maltreatment of indigenous peoples is not even a uniquely American problem. If this meaningless gesture can call some attention to the problem even a little bit, then it has done some good.

The attitude of treating all social ills that have their origins in the past as faits accomplis for which nothing can and must be done is curiously prevalent. This is not a healthy attitude for reconciliation moving forward, and I suspect it would not be so blithely shared if you were on the receiving side. Look at people fighting for Turkey and the international community to recognize the Armenian genocide, or for Japan to recognize wartime atrocities and stop pandering to their own reactionaries and nationalists. Are these efforts all meaningless?
John D wrote: Come from a culture that barely survived by killing whales in skin covered boats.... complain about prices in remote frozen wasteland grocery store.
Sounds like you don't have a high opinion of their culture, but they did manage to survive for thousands of years up there and outlived the Greenland Vikings, who refused to eat fish or learn from the locals and died of starvation.

You talk about there being no space for traditional lifestyles, but Canada has nothing but space. Most of it might not be prime real estate, but it's land they've survived on for millennia. On the other hand, climate change is hitting the Inuit way of life quite hard, unfortunately for a people with no industry and thus who didn't cause it. That's yet another way modern people have wronged and are continuing to wrong them.

jimmyfromchicago

Post by jimmyfromchicago »

MarcusAu wrote:More background on Esmay than anyone could possibly (or reasonably) want:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/dean-marr ... may.22867/
His YouTube channel is called "Escaping Atheism". Dude's following the path blazed by Brett Keane. He's even picking a fight with TJ and looking old as fuck.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Critique from tl;dr of a meta-analysis re. correlation between masculinity and psychological problems that's been dancing the rounds among feminists:-

[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
feathers wrote: I'm sure they miss the asphalted motorways, clean drinking water, heated tents, hospitals and abundance of dairy acquisition opportunities from their nomadic days.
That's for them to decide, not for outsiders to go in and force on them. Besides, the overwhelmingly majority of Inuit are lactose-intolerant, and I just said they lacked many of those things.
Easy J wrote:On the groveling before the injuns deal: I wouldn't accept an apology for anything someone's ancestors did to mine & I think a lot less of anyone that would.
Like I said, historical mistreatment of natives went on into the 1990's, not to mention modern mistreatment. That's less stuff your ancestors did and more stuff your generational cohorts were doing. On some level, it is certainly true that you shouldn't bear responsibility for something you aren't personally responsible for. On the other hand, you are saying that while on land that would've belonged to natives if they hadn't died to smallpox and been driven out. Look at the state the natives are in now. Even the Mongol Empire treated their conquered subjects better than this.

Maltreatment of indigenous peoples is not even a uniquely American problem. If this meaningless gesture can call some attention to the problem even a little bit, then it has done some good.

The attitude of treating all social ills that have their origins in the past as faits accomplis for which nothing can and must be done is curiously prevalent. This is not a healthy attitude for reconciliation moving forward, and I suspect it would not be so blithely shared if you were on the receiving side. Look at people fighting for Turkey and the international community to recognize the Armenian genocide, or for Japan to recognize wartime atrocities and stop pandering to their own reactionaries and nationalists. Are these efforts all meaningless?
John D wrote: Come from a culture that barely survived by killing whales in skin covered boats.... complain about prices in remote frozen wasteland grocery store.
Sounds like you don't have a high opinion of their culture, but they did manage to survive for thousands of years up there and outlived the Greenland Vikings, who refused to eat fish or learn from the locals and died of starvation.

You talk about there being no space for traditional lifestyles, but Canada has nothing but space. Most of it might not be prime real estate, but it's land they've survived on for millennia. On the other hand, climate change is hitting the Inuit way of life quite hard, unfortunately for a people with no industry and thus who didn't cause it. That's yet another way modern people have wronged and are continuing to wrong them.
Yeah... well... I really don't care.

Native Americans sold and negotiated away almost all of their land for metal axes and guns. They had no way to compete with Europeans. They knew guns and metal axes made their nomadic life much easier, but it sealed their doom. They traded away their long term power for short term gain. The more productive culture thrived and out-competed the less productive one. I think that is just how shit works.

If Canada wants to let a bunch of people live off the land I don't really care. That's fine I guess. I do find it comical that whale hunters complain that they don't have any hospitals. Haha. Well, whale hunters... why don't you build a hospital??? Haha... it's because they can't. They live a subsistence life. This means you don't get to have stuff. This is how the universe works. It's all about productivity.

and... have you ever read about the Mongols? Those doods were fucking bastards..... tossing babies and men on fires and making women slaves. WTF! Do you even read any history? Haha. Really... your opinions are comic.

and... those Turks were fuckers. They slaughtered Greeks and Armenians and shit. Real fuckers.... just like every other country... every other fucking pile of bastard, racist, sexist pigs from history. You can't untie this old mess. The most productive culture succeeded. That's it. Who out preformed their neighbors. It's not about justice. It's history. You can't go back and fix this shit because almost everyone was fucked over by someone.

So... there are little piles of special old cultures that pretend they have honor maintaining their fake version of their "culture" and they survive by being interesting, making beads/baskets, and getting people to feel sorry for them. Pathetic really.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
'The male gaze can be quite literally deadly.'

Beware, my sweet,
Of the male gaze,
For Those Y chromosome eyes may harbour a nasty surprise,
In the shape of deadly, dangerous
Patriarchy rays.
http://i.imgur.com/1rjabAq.jpg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: nb One criticism I heard of the HoneyBadgers - was that men should stand up for themselves - not expect Karen Straughn (or whomever) to do it for them.
If I have a criticism of the HoneyBadgers it's that some of them are rather dull and tend to overthink things.

Karen Straughan is pretty wonderful. I found her during gamergate I think, because of her anti-feminist views, but it also made me think about the men in my life and got me a bit worried about my son's education.

So I don't think it is about men standing up for themselves, more importantly they should be able convince the public of whom half are women. When you run across somebody like Paul Elam is you automatically think, "What does bitter ex-husband have to say?". I know it's a bad bias to have but can't help approaching them as a geezer's club... unlike Father's for Justice who i think somehow always put the issue of fatherhood first and never had any kind of MGTOW taint. Karen Straughan by virtue of being a woman and looking a lot like a lesbian cuts through any preconceived notions. It is hard to attack her (as Cenk found out) because any dog she has in this fight is exactly the same as I might have, i.e. our sons, brothers, fathers and husbands.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:That's for them to decide, not for outsiders to go in and force on them. Besides, the overwhelmingly majority of Inuit are lactose-intolerant
Or 'milk bigots' as I prefer to call them.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: nb One criticism I heard of the HoneyBadgers - was that men should stand up for themselves - not expect Karen Straughn (or whomever) to do it for them.
If I have a criticism of the HoneyBadgers it's that some of them are rather dull and tend to overthink things.

Karen Straughan is pretty wonderful. I found her during gamergate I think, because of her anti-feminist views, but it also made me think about the men in my life and got me a bit worried about my son's education.

I find the whole thing pretty weird, you'd think two groups concerned with various issues mostly related to the same social problems would be good candidates for solidarity. This would achieve a lot more than shit-slinging online.
Instead it seems they just really hate each other in ways I can't get behind.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

DrokkIt wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty weird, you'd think two groups concerned with various issues mostly related to the same social problems would be good candidates for solidarity. This would achieve a lot more than shit-slinging online.
Do you mean men's rights activists and feminists?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:

No, but you're not likely to see Turks ever kneeling before Armenians, or Japanese before Chinese. I don't think so many would have mind the gesture if it was productive (like I said, repair a road, build a well, build a bridge). It's the pointlessness of it which irritates people: it looks more like virtue signalling than about moving forward and fixing issues.

Yes, to an extent is an irrational behavior, but I think that few in any nation would look favorably at the gesture of former members of their military kneeling before a historical rival, even if they're doing it to highlight a real problem.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote: Do you mean men's rights activists and feminists?
Well basically yes, but also no as those identities are set against each other by design.

Just seems weird to expect the regular person to choose one of the two, and for either camp to deny talking points of the other that are at least worth investigating.

I don't really know any MRA people so this observation is based on conversations with feminists who go into apoplexy at any mention of anything that sounds MRA-ish.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:

No, but you're not likely to see Turks ever kneeling before Armenians, or Japanese before Chinese. I don't think so many would have mind the gesture if it was productive (like I said, repair a road, build a well, build a bridge). It's the pointlessness of it which irritates people: it looks more like virtue signalling than about moving forward and fixing issues.

Yes, to an extent is an irrational behavior, but I think that few in any nation would look favorably at the gesture of former members of their military kneeling before a historical rival, even if they're doing it to highlight a real problem.
The same thing happened with the pope "apologizing to god" for the mistakes of the Catholic Church. Few people cared, and many were bitter, especially since the church did little if anything to fix its contemporary problems (like the cover up of child sexual abuse of priests).

It's virtue signalling. It's not bad per se, but it's not very productive. I think that everyone, including the native tribe, would have preferred real aid to fix a real issue to a gesture done for show. It's not hard to get people to donate money to you these days: set up a Patreon and say why you need funds, have people volunteer for work and you get media exposure AND some work done.

Kneeling before the native chief seems pointless and degrading.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:No, but you're not likely to see Turks ever kneeling before Armenians, or Japanese before Chinese.
But certainly! At gunpoint.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:That's for them to decide, not for outsiders to go in and force on them. Besides, the overwhelmingly majority of Inuit are lactose-intolerant
Or 'milk bigots' as I prefer to call them.
Says the man who has never tried to milk a walrus!

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Hunt wrote:From the Spokane thread:
My ability to take seriously anything Giliell has to say about the incidence of sexual harassment has taken a radical dive ever since I've learned she's a fatty is close to zero, since she's a walking SJW cliché and a very ignorant ideologue.
FTFY. Gilliel is a closet racist who thinks that all black people should know each other. She believes that everything is a social construct. She finds racism everywhere, even when other Hordelets disagree. She's a perpetually angry and entitled person who thinks that everything revolves around her perception of bigotry. She shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
If it helps: Some time ago, I digged on her, can reveal the following without breaking the doxxing rules:

She's middle aged, exceptionally ugly (truly is; and yes, visibly overweight upper body), still likes to dress like a german Green Party member from the early 1980s, thinks very highly of her (amateurishly) self-made art products. So yea, stereotypical german oldschool SJW.
Whatever harassment she had to endure, it surely didn't come out of any sexual interest in her persona.

BTW: Just wanted to say HI, didn't forget about y'all :)

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

DrokkIt wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Do you mean men's rights activists and feminists?
Well basically yes, but also no as those identities are set against each other by design.

Just seems weird to expect the regular person to choose one of the two, and for either camp to deny talking points of the other that are at least worth investigating.

I don't really know any MRA people so this observation is based on conversations with feminists who go into apoplexy at any mention of anything that sounds MRA-ish.
I am a bit conservative, I am of the opinion that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Feminists are calling for a lot of change but nothing that I think would make my world a better place, in fact I believe it would make things much worse.

The MRAs by contrast have serious and immediate grievances, and have solutions for some of them, many of which are common sense.

If you will allow me a tangent, I heard the other day that number of teenage pregnancies have gone down because having a baby and being a single mother no longer automatically gets you a council house. It turns out that young girls are less likely to have accidents when they aren't rewarded for them. But for 30 years we have had to celebrate single mothers, give men equal blame for these accidents and demonize them for not playing their part in paying the bills.
MRAs argue that if a woman has the right to choose, then a man should have the right to opt out of all responsibility. I tend to agree.

This is a change in the law, it would no doubt lead to a change in society, but it doesn't involve trying to police the way people think or what they say, they will still be free to pour scorn on absent fathers. Jeremy Kyle is unlikely to go out of business.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:No, but you're not likely to see Turks ever kneeling before Armenians, or Japanese before Chinese.
But certainly! At gunpoint.
For many Turkish military officers or former military officers, not even in that case. The Japanese no longer have an army, they have a defense force which is totally-not-an-army-but-actually-yes, but many would still commit seppuku rather than kneel before a Chinese.

Yes, it's irrational. Pride is irrational. But it's widespread, and it's not going away. So I'm not surprised to see that many even in the US aren't too happy with the former marines kneeling before the native chief.

Personally I don't see why it had to be done that way. It seems like virtue-signalling and clickbait. There are other ways to mend broken relationships and tackle real issues.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I am a bit conservative, I am of the opinion that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Feminists are calling for a lot of change but nothing that I think would make my world a better place, in fact I believe it would make things much worse.

The MRAs by contrast have serious and immediate grievances, and have solutions for some of them, many of which are common sense.

If you will allow me a tangent, I heard the other day that number of teenage pregnancies have gone down because having a baby and being a single mother no longer automatically gets you a council house. It turns out that young girls are less likely to have accidents when they aren't rewarded for them. But for 30 years we have had to celebrate single mothers, give men equal blame for these accidents and demonize them for not playing their part in paying the bills.
MRAs argue that if a woman has the right to choose, then a man should have the right to opt out of all responsibility. I tend to agree.

This is a change in the law, it would no doubt lead to a change in society, but it doesn't involve trying to police the way people think or what they say, they will still be free to pour scorn on absent fathers. Jeremy Kyle is unlikely to go out of business.
On this specific issue it seems reasonable enough. In some counties men already have to right not to recognize their biological children and so not to pay for them. Of course this means they give up every right to being considered a legal tutor in the future, which seems fair.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Great a liberal terror apologist, WTF. It is not a zero sum game, furniture accidents (and fear of furniture accidents) don't go down when terrorism goes up. They both still happen. Can't ordinary people who work hard all week go out and enjoy themselves at festivals, concerts, out shopping without being slaughtered. Let alone the pain in the ass of increased security. So we got lucky (we have to get lucky all the time the terrorist have to get lucky just once) so fuck the French, Germans and Belgiums etc their lives don't matter. Yeah we should get out the ME, we can't change the past but leaving alone would be a start, including Isis. Fuck climate change most people in the world are living hand to mouth and too short life spans to care about it. I have faith that generation snowflake can solve it with their gender studies or liberal art degrees. After all what problem will increased sea levels be when you follow identity politics and have invented 37 pronouns whilst using any restroom you want.
So let the terrorists win by giving in to unreasonable terror? The fact remains that terrorism is not a fact of life in the west. Anyone who's afraid to go out in the west because of terrorism needs therapy or a heavy dose of skepticism. Skeptics are supposed to be educating the public that air travel is significantly safer than all other modes of travel, despite what the sensationalist headlines would have them believe, and here you are, leading the charge on fearmongering. Or is this just you poopposting again?

In the aftermath of 9/11, the single most deadly terrorist attack in history, people were calling for calm and for terrorism to be treated as a criminal issue. What happened to those voices of reason? Have there been additional 9/11's to give people even reason to be afraid? No. Every year, the numbers are consistently much lower. Indeed, a 9/11-style attack is pretty much impossible to pull off again, since air passengers now realize they have much more to gain by fighting back.
DaveDodo007 wrote: Nah, appeasement is kinda sore point with us Brits. We are already seeing our free speech being eroded by lefty/liberal faggots. I didn't fight against one religion and help get rid of their blasphemy law just to have another one imposed on me and their Islamophobia bullshit. The sooner the mudslimes start getting push back for expressing their dark age barbarism the better and it's coming believe me.
The public has a limited attention span. Climate change is guaranteed to displace and kill millions of people in the coming decades, and terrorism kills at most dozens per year across the entire west, and the latter is everyone's number one fear. Instead of teaching the public to think skeptically, you are engaging in the worst of cognitive biases for partisan reasons while wearing the skeptic label and supporting the candidate that claims climate change is a Chinese hoax. That's cowardly and despicable.

BTW, in these two posts, you two have called me a terror denier and apologist. And you tell yourselves that only SJWs use labels hyperbolically.
DaveDodo007 wrote: It is the inaccurate use of existing labels and the made up retarded ones that is the problem with the SJWs. If you apologize for terrorist then you are a terrorist apologist.
DaveDodo007 wrote: We don't play the individualist card as we are individuals, we only group together at election time to keep you collectivist away from power. Then we go back to our favourite sport of infighting, Christ I have seen fist fights break out over minor details at quite a few meeting.
I'm not a collectivist. With this post, you demonstrate that you deny the existence of non-individualist authoritarians on the right and in the same breath label me something I'm not. Thanks for proving my point.
DaveDodo007 wrote:I'm not here to defend the far right, fuck them. When your stance on Islam is the same as the feminists and SJWs maybe you should rethink your stance.
[/quote]
Kirbmarc wrote: China isn't doing much (if anything) to stop climate change, and it's going to be hurt by climate change just as badly if not worse than the US.
I don't know where you're getting your news, but China is doing way more than the rest of the world to stop climate change. In 2015 alone, China invested $102.9 billion on renewables. That's twice more than the US by raw numbers, and more than the US and Japan (second and third places) spent, combined. I'm not a fan of the authoritarianism in China, but it does allow them to take decisive action with much less popular appeasement.[/quote]

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Certainly all makes sense to me, I tend to approach problems from a pragmatic/realist perspective and try to avoid the tribalism I see so much.

As much as I can see that some of what my fem friends talk to me about is legitimate in terms of things having happened, I do notice they seem to attribute everything to a very specific model of reality that has basically no proof.
The MRA stuff I've seen is often written in a way that is likely to offend them, but facts are facts.
As I've previously pointed out, I'm a soft old lefty, but that never impedes on facts and reality.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

[youtube][/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

DrokkIt wrote:I find the whole thing pretty weird, you'd think two groups concerned with various issues mostly related to the same social problems would be good candidates for solidarity. This would achieve a lot more than shit-slinging online.
Zero-sum-game thinking can fuck up a lot of things.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:The same thing happened with the pope "apologizing to god" for the mistakes of the Catholic Church.
Any word yet on whether god accepted the apology?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Suet Cardigan wrote:[outube][/outube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Remember - black people can't be racist!

:naughty:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When fartbeards like Paul Elam & Dean Esmay are faulted for being unappetizing representatives of their cause-- I sense an underlying set of cultural assumptioon... true ones.: The mra fartbeard's counternarrative is seen as a product of him being a sore loser in the race to score pussy.

So the call for more appealing mra's-- is a call for dudes who havent been rejected by females... males who can be controlled by the threat of having their 'desirable' status taken-away. Whiteknights, cucks, useful idiots, etc.

Are there examples of an mra unicorn?... a dude with the Dont Give A Fuck mentality of The Men Pussy Forgot... combined with sex appeal?

Such a dude is probably publically branded as a misogynist, or wife-beater, rather than someone with an opinion worth hearing.

Sean Connery, maybe?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I mentioned Warren Ferrell (aka Farrell) earlier.

Sean Connery would present difficulties as an advocate, I think:

[youtube][/youtube]

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Service Dog wrote:When fartbeards like Paul Elam & Dean Esmay are faulted for being unappetizing representatives of their cause-- I sense an underlying set of cultural assumptioon... true ones.: The mra fartbeard's counternarrative is seen as a product of him being a sore loser in the race to score pussy.

So the call for more appealing mra's-- is a call for dudes who havent been rejected by females... males who can be controlled by the threat of having their 'desirable' status taken-away. Whiteknights, cucks, useful idiots, etc.

Are there examples of an mra unicorn?... a dude with the Dont Give A Fuck mentality of The Men Pussy Forgot... combined with sex appeal?

Such a dude is probably publically branded as a misogynist, or wife-beater, rather than someone with an opinion worth hearing.

Sean Connery, maybe?
Somewhat related, BBC's perennial soap EASTENDERS has been running an MRA-ish storyline that is skirting around the 'male disposability' and 'male suicide' talking points.
Will be interesting to see if they get any backlash...

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

[youtube][/youtube]

Potholer54 uploaded a video..... which is something never to be missed.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MarcusAu wrote:snip

nb One criticism I heard of the HoneyBadgers - was that men should stand up for themselves - not expect Karen Straughn (or whomever) to do it for them.
Next they'll expect us to make our own sandwiches. For whatever reason, having a female say it has allowed some people to listen, as they are supposed to do with the women. Like having a black person say "all lives matter" is better because they aren't always instantly dismissed as a racist.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

So I don't think it is about men standing up for themselves, more importantly they should be able convince the public of whom half are women. When you run across somebody like Paul Elam is you automatically think, "What does bitter ex-husband have to say?". I know it's a bad bias to have but can't help approaching them as a geezer's club... unlike Father's for Justice who i think somehow always put the issue of fatherhood first and never had any kind of MGTOW taint. Karen Straughan by virtue of being a woman and looking a lot like a lesbian cuts through any preconceived notions. It is hard to attack her (as Cenk found out) because any dog she has in this fight is exactly the same as I might have, i.e. our sons, brothers, fathers and husbands.
Karen Straughan kicks arse! The Commander is a fan. No nonsense, knows her shit, and has confidence to smash the SJWs and third-wave feminazis to pieces.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Anybody here heard of Times restaurant critics Giles Coren? I'm sure the Brit Pit section have. He's a typical London middle-upper class journalist who is also a bit of a twat.

This is his response to the news that a man who was serving a 12-month prison sentence for putting a bacon sandwich outside a mosque (or it might have been on the door handle, or something), was found dead in his cell.
He has doubled down, and claims he would also kill "cunts" who do similar stuff outside other religious buildings. The Commander does not believe him.

Now, Giles does seem to be a bit of a troll, and he's responding to the rather dumb Tommy Robinson, who already has his mind made up that either, 1. He was shivved by Islamists in his cell, 2. The fear of Islamists made him kill himself. But still, the pure cuntishishness of that tweet from Giles. Note, I don't think he hasn't had much push-back from SJWs for using the term "cunt". Obviously, if you use "cunt" to refer to a white man in jail for Islamophobic hate crimes, "cunt" is OK.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Nobody is perfect.

Karen Straughan is a global warming skeptic. And the HoneyBadgers in general belief that the (perceived) threat of Islam is overstated (to say the least) - specifically that Western people are fitting a patriachial model to the issue. (ie that the Men have it just as bad, if not worse than the Women in Islam).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

William Lane Craig addresses "bathroom wars" in his latest Reasonable Faith podcast.

Key points:

He questions objective identity vs feelz
He goes for a DNA basis for objective identity
They have a good laugh at humans id-ing as horses
They express disappointment that the whole thing stopped being a pych disorder
They worry about men invading the privacy of girls on the basis of their "agenda"
They worry about rapists in wigs using plausible deniability
They confirm that gendered souls are irrelevant when there is perfectly good DNA
They reserve their sympathy for hermaphrodites
They acknowledge the tiny segment of the population making probs for the vast majority

All in all, pretty "reasonable".

8-)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anybody here heard of Times restaurant critics Giles Coren? I'm sure the Brit Pit section have. He's a typical London middle-upper class journalist who is also a bit of a twat.

This is his response to the news that a man who was serving a 12-month prison sentence for putting a bacon sandwich outside a mosque (or it might have been on the door handle, or something), was found dead in his cell.
He has doubled down, and claims he would also kill "cunts" who do similar stuff outside other religious buildings. The Commander does not believe him.

Now, Giles does seem to be a bit of a troll, and he's responding to the rather dumb Tommy Robinson, who already has his mind made up that either, 1. He was shivved by Islamists in his cell, 2. The fear of Islamists made him kill himself. But still, the pure cuntishishness of that tweet from Giles. Note, I don't think he hasn't had much push-back from SJWs for using the term "cunt". Obviously, if you use "cunt" to refer to a white man in jail for Islamophobic hate crimes, "cunt" is OK.
No, no, no! You've got it wrong: Coren is pissed off because it was just plain bacon instead of air-dried, vintage Jamón Serrano, with a fascinating little Tempranillo/Rioja blend to accompany it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Giles? Why can't we have Alan?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anybody here heard of Times restaurant critics Giles Coren? I'm sure the Brit Pit section have. He's a typical London middle-upper class journalist who is also a bit of a twat.

A year in jail for putting bacon on the door handle of a mosque? No wonder muslims want to go on jihad. That should have been a death sentence.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[

A year in jail for putting bacon on the door handle of a mosque? No wonder muslims want to go on jihad. That should have been a death sentence.
It was - for the pig.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SZvan explains that the Pit made her stronger.
It’s also not a secret that one of the places Gamergate and “alt-right” harassment tactics were honed was in the broader secular movement or that I was one of the targets of those. Implicit and explicit threats, demeaning sexual commentary, smear campaigns, coordinated monitoring and attacks at a dedicated site, denial or tacit acceptance of the harassment from people and institutions who benefited from their critics being silenced, big names directing harassers and refusing to take responsibility–all of that was there. It still is.
http://archive.is/YVmIf

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A restaurant has posted a sign banning trump supporters. Someone should "fuck [the owner] into the ground".

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/r ... dbf4f9f50f

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Snapfingers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

In all fairness, the alt-righters insisted on using the UN definition of genocide... which apparently contains the absurd stuff the alt-righters say is happening to whites. I buy that. The EU says adult white women choosing to get their clits pierced is 'genital mutilation' as-is african women who put toothpaste in their pussy to increase pleasurable friction. So, sure, their standard for genocide is probably something Anita Sarkeesian said.

I think the Drexel prof is too stupid to realize the alt-right doesn't mind if their White Genocide is debunked, as long as SJW hyperbole crumbles with-it.
wtf? I have never heard of this. Sauce?
Apparently it is a thing. Not necessarily limited to African women though.

I really should make an effort to clear my browser history and suchlike from time to time. It could get awkward if I was called upon to explain some of those entries.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Some Black Guy has put up an "SJW of the year" vid:-

[youtube][/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Service Dog wrote:Melissa Click is going to regret crying-wolf, when she's screaming for some muscle to save her, while being skinned alive in a basement. Muscato's bringing the fava beans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/79 ... oFbF4P.jpg
Wait, isn't that ... oh for fuck's sake, this shit's getting out of hand.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:Nobody is perfect.

Karen Straughan is a global warming skeptic. And the HoneyBadgers in general belief that the (perceived) threat of Islam is overstated (to say the least) - specifically that Western people are fitting a patriachial model to the issue. (ie that the Men have it just as bad, if not worse than the Women in Islam).
Is there any specific bit of their Islam claims-- which you'd cite as false, or care to refute?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:
Is there any specific bit of their Islam claims-- which you'd cite as false, or care to refute?
No - I'm good.

Anyone that wants can check their views out for themselves. Just type 'Honey Badger Radio' in youtube.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Fucking hell. The last days of 2016 nearly gave The Commander a fucking Vulcan heart attack.

Saw "Ray Davies" trending.....but don't worry, he's been made a Sir. I thought 2016 had claimed another legend for a brief moment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:SZvan explains that the Pit made her stronger.
It’s also not a secret that one of the places Gamergate and “alt-right” harassment tactics were honed was in the broader secular movement or that I was one of the targets of those. Implicit and explicit threats, demeaning sexual commentary, smear campaigns, coordinated monitoring and attacks at a dedicated site, denial or tacit acceptance of the harassment from people and institutions who benefited from their critics being silenced, big names directing harassers and refusing to take responsibility–all of that was there. It still is.
http://archive.is/YVmIf
We're to blame for Trump, folks, we're to blame for Trump. The Pit spawned Gamergate, which spawned the "alt-right", which spawned Trump.

Jesus Christ, Stephanie, are you this fucking in denial? Do you really think that people who post in a small forum, "honed" the tactics of Gamergate and of the alt-right? Do you really have the gall of accusing others of smear campaigns after you helped set up a system to coordinate smears against the people you disliked in the atheist/skeptic community? Are you really accusing "big names" of "refusing to take responsibility", when you and your peers refused to take responsibility for any consequence of your accusations of racism, rape apologism, misogyny, rape, sexual assaults, harassment, that your lot tossed aside willy-nilly from the start? How can you accuse other to "silence critics" after you banned, blocked, smeared, attacked, even doxxed anyone who criticized or joked about you? How, in good honesty, can you accuse people you don't like of making "implicit and explicit threats" when you're supported going after the employers of your critics and were part of a blog where people delight in describing how they'd love to stab priests who don't cure them, or to insert porcupines up people's asses, or tell people to "die in a fire"?

Well, you know what, keep believing what you want to believe. Keep believing you're all innocent victims of the reactionary monsters. Your time is over, you're already old news. You've wrecked the American left with your identity politics and your loyalty and purity games. You're part of the reason why Trump won, and if you double down you're going to help him getting re-elected in 2020. It's time that the left stops taking you and your networks of whining snowflakes seriously. It's time to drop post-modern "X studies", to stop promoting rage bloggers of little to no value, to focus on real problems, not on video games you don't like or nasty comments on the internet. It's time for you SJWs to accept defeat, concede that your methods didn't work, and focus on goals and projects without all the ideological, dogmatic trappings of SJ rhetoric.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oi, Steffy.

Remember that time you wrote that defence piece for Greg Laden, the guy who threatened violence against a blogger?

I do! So, just fuck off, you cretin.

free thoughtpolice

How about when she accused that lovely young woman of sexually harassing a man when it turned out to be fairly innocent shenanigans. Hope that didn't destroy the marriage of the poor victim she was trying to save.
She really should have handed in her feminist of the year award for that.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ROBOKiTTY wrote: Sounds like you don't have a high opinion of their culture, but they did manage to survive for thousands of years up there and outlived the Greenland Vikings, who refused to eat fish or learn from the locals and died of starvation.

I assume you got that from Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed -Jared Diamond? Apparently it was a popular theory for some time.

Anyway, there is another theory. That they packed up and left for the most part. See Vikings left Greenland for cultural, social reasons?
Seafood, which had supplied no more than 30% of their diet in the warm days, shot up to 80% in the 14th century. Most of that 80% was seal, a reliable supply of which could be secured during the animals’ yearly migration stops on the island. They also had to use seals and fish to feed whatever livestock they had left.

Trade shriveled up too. The market for walrus tusks and seal skins, the goods the Greenland colonists had to trade, bottomed out. Ships came less frequently until by the middle of the 14th century there was no regular trade between the Norse settlements of Greenland and the motherlands of Norway and Iceland. Without reliable trade they had to hope for a random ship to stop by to renew their supply of iron or wood.
Pretty clear that their lifestyle was not sustainable without imports. So to me it is a reasonable hypothesis that they would have packed up and left. Apparently there is some evidence for it.
The young people of childbearing age left first. Archaeologists found almost no skeletons of young women from the late period of Norse settlement. The documentary evidence supports that pattern. The wedding of Thorstein Olafsson, a lad from Iceland, and Sigrid Björnsdottir, a local girl, was held on September 14th, 1408, in Greenland’s Hvalsey Church. We know this because when they moved to Iceland, they had to prove to the local bishop that they had been married in a proper sanctioned church ceremony. Those documents are the last records we have of the Norse settlers in Greenland
No doubt not all of them left at the same time, and some I expect chose to stay no matter what. There are always the die-hards:
Not everyone would have left; some must have stayed on their homesteads, unable to give up old attachments and resolved to wait out their fate. One such stoic was found lying face down on the beach of a fjord in the 1540s by a party of Icelandic seafarers, who like so many sailors before them had been blown off course on their passage to Iceland and wound up in Greenland. The only Norseman they would come across during their stay, he died where he had fallen, dressed in a hood, homespun woolens and seal skins. Nearby lay his knife, "bent and much worn and eaten away." Moved by their find, the men took it as a memento and carried it with them to show when at last they reached home.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

In other news, trans-racial person of colour receives cold-shoulder treatment from cis-people of colour. Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as a PoC, has been disinvited from an MLK event.
A group of eight Cary clergy wrote a letter to town officials in October expressing their concerns with Dolezal’s inclusion, “considering the overwhelmingly negative response of the African-American community to her behavior.”
How mean of those African-Americans not to accept a lily-white woman as one of their own. The bigotry.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30547/

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Nobody is perfect.

One of the videos criticizing a Honey Badgers livestream. perhaps what Marcus was referring to:
[youtube][/youtube]

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Fucking hell. The last days of 2016 nearly gave The Commander a fucking Vulcan heart attack.

Saw "Ray Davies" trending.....but don't worry, he's been made a Sir. I thought 2016 had claimed another legend for a brief moment.
About fucking time.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

I've been putting together a playlist of my favourite Leonard Cohen songs, mixed in with a few covers by other artists. Working through it chronologically, I've chosen two or three or four songs from each album (and none from Death of a Ladies' Man, the album he did with Phil Spector, which is probably worse than you're imagining from that description. Really, the most misbegotten, misconceived musical pairing ever). A significant slice of every album so far is awful, tuneless and grating, but apart from Death of a Ladies' Man, there's always a few gems, sometimes more.

But I've come to I'm Your Man, and I can't leave out anything except Jazz Police. Despite the astonishingly cheesy 80s synth production, it really is a magnificent album. I'd forgotten how bloody good it is.

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:How about when she accused that lovely young woman of sexually harassing a man when it turned out to be fairly innocent shenanigans. Hope that didn't destroy the marriage of the poor victim she was trying to save.
She really should have handed in her feminist of the year award for that.
http://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds/201 ... -it-wrong/

http://archive.is/9PFZN

Which included the wonderful translation of "I fucked up" as:
I mistook being part of a set of events as they unfolded as being the same thing as having a full enough view of those events to know that I could comment on them without getting her perspective. I should not have done that. As a result, I published an account of her actions that has not fully stood up in the face of further scrutiny.
Cunt.

SZvan. "We see you"