The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:Where did Danielle's shit go.
She ate it.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

So there were a couple of posts mocking the effort on some veterans' part to apologize to some natives over past wrongs. I suppose it's a meaningless gesture, but what's so wrong with that? The fact is natives in North America have been treated extremely shamefully, and not just in ancient times but up to the current day. John D. dismissed it by saying they're a (collection of) conquered people(s), but the ill treatment didn't stop in the 1920's with the wars. To this day, native-majority areas in North America are frequently in third world-level conditions, even in places that aren't reservations, so you can't blame tribal mismanagement.

The ghastly residential school/boarding school systems in Canada and the US might seem like ancient history, but the last residential school wasn't closed in Canada until 1996. That's within the lifetime of probably every single member on this forum. Back in 1939, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that the Inuit were 'Indians' and thus fell under federal jurisdiction, and the Inuit were herded into towns, their nomadic culture destroyed. To this day, these settlements have the level of infrastructure you'd expect in developing countries. They still have only gravel roads, unsafe drinking water, no hospitals, and a housing crisis. Most Inuit towns are supplied by a single supermarket chain, Northern, which by virtue of its monopoly is able to mark up prices as they please. For example, they are able to charge over $6 for a can of Coke and $28 for a head of cabbage in certain cities. In addition, because they have a very low population, the Inuit have nearly no representation. The entire Northwest Territories, which is over 1.3 million square kilometres in area, and the province of Nunavut, which is over 2 million square kilometres, are each represented by a single member of parliament. No wonder their concerns are virtually ignored by the federal government. Incidentally, the Inuit never fought the British or French and were technically never conquered, which ironically means they never signed treaties granting them indigenous rights.

But sure, the natives are historical losers, and showing them any sign of goodwill is just regressive virtue signalling.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ROBOKiTTY wrote: ...
But sure, the natives are historical losers, and showing them any sign of goodwill is just regressive virtue signalling.
At least we can all agree on that.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Compliments of the Season - to one and all

[youtube][/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MarcusAu wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote: ...
At least we can all agree on that.
FUCK YEAH.

:dance:

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Snapfingers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

In all fairness, the alt-righters insisted on using the UN definition of genocide... which apparently contains the absurd stuff the alt-righters say is happening to whites. I buy that. The EU says adult white women choosing to get their clits pierced is 'genital mutilation' as-is african women who put toothpaste in their pussy to increase pleasurable friction. So, sure, their standard for genocide is probably something Anita Sarkeesian said.

I think the Drexel prof is too stupid to realize the alt-right doesn't mind if their White Genocide is debunked, as long as SJW hyperbole crumbles with-it.
wtf? I have never heard of this. Sauce?
Methinks, Service Dog has got the EU and the WHO all mixed up.
In communities where infibulation is common, there is a preference for women's genitals to be smooth, dry and without odour, and both women and men may find the natural vulva repulsive.[123]:435–436 Men seem to enjoy the effort of penetrating an infibulation.[124] The local preference for dry sex causes women to introduce substances into the vagina to reduce lubrication, including leaves, tree bark, toothpaste and Vicks menthol rub.[125] The WHO includes this practice within Type IV FGM, because the added friction during intercourse can cause lacerations and increase the risk of infection.[126] Because of the smooth appearance of an infibulated vulva, there is also a belief that infibulation increases hygiene.[123]:437
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ge ... ype_of_FGM

Personally, I like watching men masturbate with sandpaper glove. Any volunteers?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:Compliments of the Season - to one and all

[youtube][/youtube]
Is that wise, not long after a stroke?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Heina weighing in (pun intended) on the death of Carrie Fisher:
https://www.facebook.com/heinousheina/p ... ref=story#

http://i.imgur.com/GcdFXa3.png

Looks like Nick thought outside the box:
http://i.imgur.com/wMegnkP.png

Parting shot from Nick:
http://i.imgur.com/NtPXyNj.png

This thread has a ton of replies. A few detractors who remained cool, being called called dudebros and douches automatically by the horde

My take is that the requirements of Hollywood likely played a part. But this kind of post does not celebrate a life soon after they died, but reduces it to being a victim and takes away their agency. And as stated, the conclusions are made by people with google medical degrees.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

HoneyWagon wrote:
My take is that the requirements of Hollywood likely played a part. But this kind of post does not celebrate a life soon after they died, but reduces it to being a victim and takes away their agency. And as stated, the conclusions are made by people with google medical degrees.
You don't need to be a doctor to know Fisher smoked and boozed herself to death. Just listen to her voice in Force Awakens. I spent half the movie wondering if she was going to light up. Weight probably had little to do with it. I don't think she was ever obese, even in the 90s when she was pretty hefty. Smoke and booze a lot, you're probably not going to see 70. Cf. Hitchens.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

For another of 2016's Post Mortems (which seem to be all the rage) - here's Private Eye's review:

[youtube][/youtube]

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

HoneyWagon wrote:Heina weighing in (pun intended) on the death of Carrie Fisher:

Parting shot from Nick:

This thread has a ton of replies. A few detractors who remained cool, being called called dudebros and douches automatically by the horde

And it's incredibly sexist as well. There' are many male actors who went through the same weight cycling for roles, too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/0 ... hemsworth/

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Personally I am amazed that Mark Hamil looked moderately human-shaped in his very short appearance.

I don't think it's weight cycling if she loses weight for like one role. Is it? Like seriously. That's just a diet. That's what it's called. Cos you is fat.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:So there were a couple of posts mocking the effort on some veterans' part to apologize to some natives over past wrongs. I suppose it's a meaningless gesture, but what's so wrong with that? The fact is natives in North America have been treated extremely shamefully, and not just in ancient times but up to the current day. John D. dismissed it by saying they're a (collection of) conquered people(s), but the ill treatment didn't stop in the 1920's with the wars. To this day, native-majority areas in North America are frequently in third world-level conditions, even in places that aren't reservations, so you can't blame tribal mismanagement.

The ghastly residential school/boarding school systems in Canada and the US might seem like ancient history, but the last residential school wasn't closed in Canada until 1996. That's within the lifetime of probably every single member on this forum. Back in 1939, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that the Inuit were 'Indians' and thus fell under federal jurisdiction, and the Inuit were herded into towns, their nomadic culture destroyed. To this day, these settlements have the level of infrastructure you'd expect in developing countries. They still have only gravel roads, unsafe drinking water, no hospitals, and a housing crisis. Most Inuit towns are supplied by a single supermarket chain, Northern, which by virtue of its monopoly is able to mark up prices as they please. For example, they are able to charge over $6 for a can of Coke and $28 for a head of cabbage in certain cities. In addition, because they have a very low population, the Inuit have nearly no representation. The entire Northwest Territories, which is over 1.3 million square kilometres in area, and the province of Nunavut, which is over 2 million square kilometres, are each represented by a single member of parliament. No wonder their concerns are virtually ignored by the federal government. Incidentally, the Inuit never fought the British or French and were technically never conquered, which ironically means they never signed treaties granting them indigenous rights.

If I may add my two cents I think that what irked people wasn't the idea of a gesture of goodwill as much as how it went down. People knelt before a tribal chief. It's a very "showy" and cinematic way to show goodwill. It's also a historic sign of submission, people knelt before kings and popes, and this hurts the sensibilities of those who don't like acts of submission, like many in the atheist community do (including me, I don't I'd ever kneel before anyone, I find it degrading, but I understand that this is probably irrational on my part).

I think that a better gesture would have been the marines showing up to do some sorely needed work, like repairing a road or building a well. But then again I'm a bit allergic to dramatic gestures done quite clearly only for media exposure.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HoneyWagon wrote:Heina weighing in (pun intended) on the death of Carrie Fisher:

Wasn't Heina supposed to write a book on islam at a certain point in her life? Shouldn't she focus on research for that book rather than on armchair medical analysis?

Anyway for SJWs all women are victims of men, always. They're poor feeble creatures who can't decide on their own and are puppets in the hands of the Patriarchy. And yet they call others sexist.

It's hilarious how "douche" has become the insult of choice of the SJWs, since everything else is "ableist".

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

rayshul wrote:Where did Danielle's shit go. In three months. There is way too much $$ in that collection to not be worth a lot of week's rent in a good place. Hope the trans police are onto it.
https://i.sli.mg/yyEu4a.jpg

OK. But how about some speculations.
* In his video he notes that he has severe chronic back pain that prevents him from working, much less getting out of bed if not addressed. Maybe he developed an addiction to prescribed medications... or maybe even illegal drugs to ease his back pain. To counter that, he was "excited" to get that $25 target card so he could buy a big container of off the shelf pain pills.
* If he is visiting a physical therapist 3 times per week, the money may have been spent his co-pays for the visits.
* If he knew he was getting kicked out, better to have some money in the pocket to pay for food, gas & a cell phone instead of just extending his stay a few more weeks. That would be a smarter tactical move.
* Maybe he shared the apartment with a love interest that went sour and he got his ass booted, losing the equipment.
* Maybe he was physically evicted, with his equipment stacked out on the street & picked over by the people in the neighborhood.

...OK. Now for some more detailed investigation.

courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Case# 16BA-CV03596
----------------------------
10/14/2016 - AC Unlawful Detainer
https://legal-dictionary.thefreediction ... l+Detainer
Plaintiffs:
* MARY S. MUSCATO, TRUSTEE OF THE MARY S. MUSCATO REVOCABLE TR , Trustee (Parents given the age of 67)
* JOSEPH J. MUSCATO TRUSTEE OF THE JOSEPH J MUSCATO REVOCABLE , Trustee (Parents given the age of 67)
Defendant:
* MUSCATO , "DANIELLE"DAVID BRIAN , Defendant

* All parties had the SAME home address.

* Plantiff's lawyer & Danielle showed up for trial on 11/14/2016. Court hearing was canceled & rescheduled for 01/09/2017.

* Plantiffs filed for the case to be dismissed on 11/30/2016, and it was done so with prejudice.

- Bottom line is that it Danielle's parents kicked Danielle out of the house & needed a lawsuit to do it.
--------------------

Case #12BA-CV00393
Date Filed: 01/27/2012
Case Type: AC Unlawful Detainer
* Plaintiffs are parents again.
* Case was ultimately dismissed without prejudice
- Looks like his parents were in the process of kicking him out back in 2012.

--------------
Odd case linked by timing & parents.

Case #16BA-CV03434
Date Filed: 10/03/2016
Case Type: AC Property Damage

Plantiffs: Muscato's Parents
Defendant: THE CURATORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI DBA WOMEN'S & CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
This civil case is still working it's way through the courts.
----------------------
Also based on other small irrelevant cases, it appears that both of Muscato's parents are medical doctors.
Also Danielle & his male alter-ego has a fairly clean record. No drug charges of any kind.

tl;dr - Danielle Muscato was kicked out of his parent's home for reasons we don't know. And it took a court case to get him out. This explains the nice house Danielle was living in. It might be reasonable to assume that Danielle has left his music equipment there. I am also betting that he afforded the equipment through Dr. Mom & Dr. Dad.

-Soylent

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Fuck's sake! Still 6 pages behind.

Anything tasty other than that prof thing?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Holy shit Soylent

And holy shit Danielle your own parents motherfucken what omg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I don't think I wanted to know all that

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

rayshul wrote:I don't think I wanted to know all that
Well you asked. And it now explains quite a bit.

Now we know how he could afford such a nice place to live (he didn't. he was mooching off of mom & dad).

We can now make a reasonable guess as to how he could afford all that great expensive music equipment & could afford to buy a $170 case within a month of losing his home. The money probably came from mom & dad and he had no living expenses.

So it sounds like after he was dismissed from American Atheists, after the money ran out he eventually crashed with mom & dad. Not a terrible move. Given that they put him up for a little while, they obviously are not completely heartless. But mom & dad's patience probably only extended so far in a failure-to-launch scenario, leading them to boot the adult bird from the nest. No more crying about back pain. Time for Danielle to grow up and get a real job.

- Soylent

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fuck's sake! Still 6 pages behind.

There was Becky's $8,000 fine for parking in a disabled space, that was funny.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

paddybrown wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Fuck's sake! Still 6 pages behind.

There was Becky's $8,000 fine for parking in a disabled space, that was funny.
In related entitlement news, cartoonist Danielle Corsetto of Girls With Slingshots is boasting/complaining about a video rental shop eight years ago refusing to drop an overdue fee, so she never went there again, and they've since gone out of business.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Parting shot from Nick:

Heina is completely right, and it explains why Christian Bale has died repeatedly.

Everyone who goes on a diet just drops dead 30 years later, fucking white males gayze.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

From the Spokane thread:
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk-

30 December 2016 at 6:17 am

Jeff Jones

SHOW ME it isn’t a device simply to get attention, and he really means it.

It’s very easy: Are there any posts past the one where he threatens suicide? Is he still alive? If he is, he didn’t mean it.

+++
Wow, amazing. There’s this dude who is so creepy a poor barista had to call the cops on him, who threatens women with suicide, who is after teenagers (easy to manipulate targets), but of course there’s a legion of other dudes having all sympathy for him and not an ounce of sympathy for his victims and all the women who have to put up with that dude in their lives at one point or other.
They go for “mentally ill” to other the dude and pretend that he’s some sort of exception and not a dime a dozen, a kind of guy so common that almost all women here have a story to tell about some dude who tried to convince them that his dick and his alone was what they needed right now.
Of course what they never do is head over to his place and say “hey mate, you OK? Wanna talk about this? You seem to be in a bad place, can I get you help?”
My ability to take seriously anything Giliell has to say about the incidence of sexual harassment has taken a radical dive ever since I've learned she's a fatty.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

It makes me feel super fugly tbh

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:So there were a couple of posts mocking the effort on some veterans' part to apologize to some natives over past wrongs. I suppose it's a meaningless gesture, but what's so wrong with that? The fact is natives in North America have been treated extremely shamefully, and not just in ancient times but up to the current day. John D. dismissed it by saying they're a (collection of) conquered people(s), but the ill treatment didn't stop in the 1920's with the wars. To this day, native-majority areas in North America are frequently in third world-level conditions, even in places that aren't reservations, so you can't blame tribal mismanagement.

Sounds like rural NS.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:From the Spokane thread:
My ability to take seriously anything Giliell has to say about the incidence of sexual harassment has taken a radical dive ever since I've learned she's a fatty is close to zero, since she's a walking SJW cliché and a very ignorant ideologue.
FTFY. Gilliel is a closet racist who thinks that all black people should know each other. She believes that everything is a social construct. She finds racism everywhere, even when other Hordelets disagree. She's a perpetually angry and entitled person who thinks that everything revolves around her perception of bigotry. She shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:For another of 2016's Post Mortems (which seem to be all the rage) - here's Private Eye's review:

[youtube][/youtube]
I watched 10 minutes, it was all I could bare. Seems they have given up satirizing politicians and are now going after the public.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Brive1987 wrote:8.30pm and 30 degrees. Ugg.
7.30 am and a fresh overnight new 16 inches of white shit on the ground.

Can i crash on your couch till spring?

Soylent wrote:
tl;dr - Danielle Muscato was kicked out of his parent's home for reasons we don't know. And it took a court case to get him out.
That is a twist i did not expected but it make sense. But now that we have a clearer context, im not sure if i should laugh or pity the guy. In the end im probably gonna laugh but there is a side to this story that i find genuinely sad.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:For another of 2016's Post Mortems (which seem to be all the rage) - here's Private Eye's review:

[you.tube][/youtube]
I watched 10 minutes, it was all I could bare. Seems they have given up satirizing politicians and are now going after the public.
Yes well, it was a calculated risk, I hadn't watched it all when I recommended it.

Unfortunately, Peter Cook is still dead.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:8.30pm and 30 degrees. Ugg.
7.30 am and a fresh overnight new 16 inches of white shit on the ground.

Can i crash on your couch till spring?.
My son is giving up this heat in three days for Berlin for 4 weeks. You can have his bed.

16 inches is what? 35 or 40 cms? That seems un-necessary.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Btw now it's midnight and 32 degrees. Sigh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guest_935516df wrote:
rayshul wrote:Where did Danielle's shit go. In three months. There is way too much $$ in that collection to not be worth a lot of week's rent in a good place. Hope the trans police are onto it.
https://i.sli.mg/yyEu4a.jpg

OK. But how about some speculations.
* In his video he notes that he has severe chronic back pain that prevents him from working, much less getting out of bed if not addressed. Maybe he developed an addiction to prescribed medications... or maybe even illegal drugs to ease his back pain. To counter that, he was "excited" to get that $25 target card so he could buy a big container of off the shelf pain pills.
* If he is visiting a physical therapist 3 times per week, the money may have been spent his co-pays for the visits.
* If he knew he was getting kicked out, better to have some money in the pocket to pay for food, gas & a cell phone instead of just extending his stay a few more weeks. That would be a smarter tactical move.
* Maybe he shared the apartment with a love interest that went sour and he got his ass booted, losing the equipment.
* Maybe he was physically evicted, with his equipment stacked out on the street & picked over by the people in the neighborhood.

...OK. Now for some more detailed investigation.

courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Case# 16BA-CV03596
----------------------------
10/14/2016 - AC Unlawful Detainer
https://legal-dictionary.thefreediction ... l+Detainer
Plaintiffs:
* MARY S. MUSCATO, TRUSTEE OF THE MARY S. MUSCATO REVOCABLE TR , Trustee (Parents given the age of 67)
* JOSEPH J. MUSCATO TRUSTEE OF THE JOSEPH J MUSCATO REVOCABLE , Trustee (Parents given the age of 67)
Defendant:
* MUSCATO , "DANIELLE"DAVID BRIAN , Defendant

* All parties had the SAME home address.

* Plantiff's lawyer & Danielle showed up for trial on 11/14/2016. Court hearing was canceled & rescheduled for 01/09/2017.

* Plantiffs filed for the case to be dismissed on 11/30/2016, and it was done so with prejudice.

- Bottom line is that it Danielle's parents kicked Danielle out of the house & needed a lawsuit to do it.
--------------------

Case #12BA-CV00393
Date Filed: 01/27/2012
Case Type: AC Unlawful Detainer
* Plaintiffs are parents again.
* Case was ultimately dismissed without prejudice
- Looks like his parents were in the process of kicking him out back in 2012.

--------------
Odd case linked by timing & parents.

Case #16BA-CV03434
Date Filed: 10/03/2016
Case Type: AC Property Damage

Plantiffs: Muscato's Parents
Defendant: THE CURATORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI DBA WOMEN'S & CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
This civil case is still working it's way through the courts.
----------------------
Also based on other small irrelevant cases, it appears that both of Muscato's parents are medical doctors.
Also Danielle & his male alter-ego has a fairly clean record. No drug charges of any kind.

tl;dr - Danielle Muscato was kicked out of his parent's home for reasons we don't know. And it took a court case to get him out. This explains the nice house Danielle was living in. It might be reasonable to assume that Danielle has left his music equipment there. I am also betting that he afforded the equipment through Dr. Mom & Dr. Dad.

-Soylent
Fuck me dead. Well done. :clap:

If he was my son I'd kick him out too.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Guest_935516df wrote:
rayshul wrote:I don't think I wanted to know all that
Well you asked. And it now explains quite a bit.

Now we know how he could afford such a nice place to live (he didn't. he was mooching off of mom & dad).

We can now make a reasonable guess as to how he could afford all that great expensive music equipment & could afford to buy a $170 case within a month of losing his home. The money probably came from mom & dad and he had no living expenses.

So it sounds like after he was dismissed from American Atheists, after the money ran out he eventually crashed with mom & dad. Not a terrible move. Given that they put him up for a little while, they obviously are not completely heartless. But mom & dad's patience probably only extended so far in a failure-to-launch scenario, leading them to boot the adult bird from the nest. No more crying about back pain. Time for Danielle to grow up and get a real job.

- Soylent
It actually explains quite a bit. Nice detective work. Although the truth ain't always pretty, it's better than speculation.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Parting shot from Nick:

Nick is wrong about the book, tho. The book is out and has pretty decent reviews. :whistle:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

[you.tube][/youtube]
Yes well, it was a calculated risk, I hadn't watched it all when I recommended it.

For all the schoolboy humour, it used to be the case that I would think, Ian Hislop would dig down behind the story, find the motives and motivations the other news outlets aren't telling you. But now PE seems to just lay schoolboy humour over the same old crap that the MSM is telling us... he was surprised by Brexit and Trump and is just as out of touch as the rest.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

[you.tube][/youtube]

Maybe I'm wrong, but from the first few minutes it looks like they are just reading word for word from stuff that has already been published in the magazine this year . I cant see why anyone interested (eg who read the mag) would pay for 5 talking heads regurgitating old material for another tedious "review of the Year".
As a trial, I actually subscribed for the first time last year, but I'm not renewing. It used to be great for their cartoons but since they expanded the number of pages a while back, the overall quality of the cartoons has been quite poor. Often little more than illustrations with no punch line.
The first 5 or 6 pages or so are all that is worth browsing, the rest is filler. I can go back to speed-reading the essential bits in the Supermarket.

franc

Post by franc »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Lsuoma wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:If that narcissistic gasbag of a POTUS-elect dropped dead before the inauguration, I wouldn't be upset. Finish off 2016/start off 2017 ... either way is good.

And no I don't care that I'm a cunt for saying that.
Er, you REALLY want Trump alive. The alternative is completely terrifying...
Seems that Trump is already letting Pence and friends have free reign, so I don't know what difference it would make except that Pence is significantly less popular than he is and thus couldn't win a re-election bid against a soggy turnip.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Eskarina wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

In all fairness, the alt-righters insisted on using the UN definition of genocide... which apparently contains the absurd stuff the alt-righters say is happening to whites. I buy that. The EU says adult white women choosing to get their clits pierced is 'genital mutilation' as-is african women who put toothpaste in their pussy to increase pleasurable friction. So, sure, their standard for genocide is probably something Anita Sarkeesian said.

I think the Drexel prof is too stupid to realize the alt-right doesn't mind if their White Genocide is debunked, as long as SJW hyperbole crumbles with-it.
wtf? I have never heard of this. Sauce?
In communities where infibulation is common, there is a preference for women's genitals to be smooth, dry and without odour, and both women and men may find the natural vulva repulsive.[123]:435–436 Men seem to enjoy the effort of penetrating an infibulation.[124] The local preference for dry sex causes women to introduce substances into the vagina to reduce lubrication, including leaves, tree bark, toothpaste and Vicks menthol rub.[125] The WHO includes this practice within Type IV FGM, because the added friction during intercourse can cause lacerations and increase the risk of infection.[126] Because of the smooth appearance of an infibulated vulva, there is also a belief that infibulation increases hygiene.[123]:437
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ge ... ype_of_FGM

Correct... the tootpaste thing is from the WHO. And counting adult women who choose to get their genitals pierced as 'victims' of FGM... is an NHS policy. Not EU.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 16464.html

John D

Post by John D »

What's wrong with meaningless gestures? Haha... you mean other than the fact that they are meaningless? Pointing out that it is meaningless is part of what is wrong with it.....haha.

I don't think people should apologize for history. I can no more speak on behalf of my ancestors than the Indians can speak on behalf of theirs. It is all posturing and pity-seeking.

The various Indian groups controlled all of the land in the Americas. Unfortunately for them, they didn't have the organization (or the disease immunity) to survive the invasion of Europeans into their lands. They lost a centuries long struggle to hold onto land and power, and, bit by bit, their land was taken. They were ultimately outnumbered and the Indians made too many short term deals. The land was taken. Things were really brutal in the Americas between the 1500s and 1800s. Whites took Indians, Blacks, other Whites as slaves. Indians took Indians, Blacks, Whites as slaves. Indians often tortured people to death an ate parts of their enemies. Whites and Indians slaughtered each other when things got violent.... killing men, women, children, babies. I just don't put much stock in claims that Indian culture is of any more value the European culture. Cultures just exist. Also, cultures are always changing. Trying to "preserve" culture is kind of weird. It is fine and valuable to have traditions, but these are just events and behaviors. Traditions preserve themselves, but they don't preserve "culture".

Life on most reservations is horrible. Most of them were setup so Indians could be placed in a kind of prison. I guess the settlers and invaders thought it was more humane to put the Indians on shitty pieces of land than to lock them in camps. Go figure.

Indians cannot live a traditional lifestyle anymore. There is no space for them. This is pretty much true for everyone on earth. The European settlers came to the Americas so they could live in small family farms, raise animals and crops, and support their family. Well, pretty much no one can do this anymore either. You can't go back. I don't feel I need to guarantee a European family a free farm any more than an Indian deserves free land for hunting.

I spent two weeks in Churchill Manitoba. I was on a business trip testing autos. It's an amazing place; polar bears, Northern Lights, whales singing in the harbor. A large number of the people who live there full time are Inuits. I had a great time drinking with them at the Legion Hall. Of course, I became a member of the hall by promising to not swear and promising to not dishonor the Queen. This allowed me to drink $2 beer. It is beautiful up there, but it is extremely unproductive land. People raised there like it, and they stay despite the poverty. It's their choice I guess. Is it the duty of everyone living in productive areas to subsidize people who like to live in the wilderness? I don't think so.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yeah - I had noticed (2nd hand) the drive that Esmay has attempted.

It remains to been seen if it's going to get off the ground - or if he will stew in his own irrelevance. It seems more likely that he will burn out and become just another Internet crank.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What kind of idiot donates money to a whitey cunt in a Black Lives Matter hoodie?

What part of Danielle Muscato Dessrves No Help don't they understand? It's in all-caps!

Remember when Muscato & his black cronies faulted Mark Schierbecker for drawing attention to himself being assaulted When Black People Are Being Killlllozorexedd!!!!!1!!!!1

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:What kind of idiot donates money to a whitey cunt in a Black Lives Matter hoodie?

What part of Danielle Muscato Dessrves No Help don't they understand? It's in all-caps!

Remember when Muscato & his black cronies faulted Mark Schierbecker for drawing attention to himself being assaulted When Black People Are Being Killlllozorexedd!!!!!1!!!!1
Mark was a man, who's now a woman, but since he's Kayla now he was always a woman, while Danielle was always a woman, even though she was born a man and....oh, no, I've gone cross eyed.

[youtube][/youtube]

More seriously: Mark/Kayla expressed criticism of a SJW parade, while Danielle is showing off her support. Gender, race, sexuality, sexual identity are only ways that SJWs use to establish a pecking order within the group. If you criticize the group you're a suppressive person shitlord, and you need to shut up and listen. If you praise the group it's all fine. In-group morality, out-group hostility at its finest: not a shred of empathy for those who disagree with them, but plenty of "virtual hugs" for anyone who stop worrying and starts loving SJ.

franc

Post by franc »

MarcusAu wrote:

It remains to been seen if it's going to get off the ground - or if he will stew in his own irrelevance. It seems more likely that he will burn out and become just another Internet crank.
He's a fucking train wreck. He conducts twitter conversations with himself from the various accounts and is churning out 500 hate tweets a day -

http://i.imgur.com/bSDVWhR.png
http://i.imgur.com/TwoEPpH.png

Some of his groupies are less than balanced -

http://i.imgur.com/2lR7nzG.png

I am not of the opinion that Esmay is "harmless" - he seems to want to whip idiots like the above into stupidity.

He's divorced reality altogether. Hence documentation. He's way beyond Fred Phelps.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

On the groveling before the injuns deal: I wouldn't accept an apology for anything someone's ancestors did to mine & I think a lot less of anyone that would.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Easy J wrote:On the groveling before the injuns deal: I wouldn't accept an apology for anything someone's ancestors did to mine & I think a lot less of anyone that would.
I think that it could have gone somewhat differently if they didn't kneel and debase themselves personally but acknowledged the past bad relations within the US military and native tribes, and offered some kind of valuable effort (maintaining a road, repairing a well) as a prelude to a different relationship.

The kneeling looks a bit too much like a publicity stunt/a show of guilt, which is pretty pointless anyway.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Eskarina wrote:
How the heck could anybody confuse the EU with the WHO? :?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/i ... 1971-1.jpg

There's just no similarity there.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
How the heck could anybody confuse the EU with the WHO? :?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/i ... 1971-1.jpg

There's just no similarity there.
Doin' da butt! Sexy sexy!...

aint nuthin wrong... if ya wanna do the butt

Awllll night long!

feathers

Post by feathers »

BarnOwl wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:We are visiting our puppy tomorrow before taking possession later in Jan.

The expectation is he will look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/SDbfHZ1.jpg
A spinner could make good use of excess floof from your new puppy. There are loads of spinners in Oz, but if you don't know any, you could always send floof to me. I might even send it back in the form of yarn. Just sayin'. :D
I hope le Brive remembers these things grow up.

http://www.pizzafeed.org/wp-content/upl ... -seal2.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Melissa Click is going to regret crying-wolf, when she's screaming for some muscle to save her, while being skinned alive in a basement. Muscato's bringing the fava beans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/79 ... oFbF4P.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Back in 1939, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that the Inuit were 'Indians' and thus fell under federal jurisdiction, and the Inuit were herded into towns, their nomadic culture destroyed. To this day, these settlements have the level of infrastructure you'd expect in developing countries. They still have only gravel roads, unsafe drinking water, no hospitals, and a housing crisis. Most Inuit towns are supplied by a single supermarket chain, Northern, which by virtue of its monopoly is able to mark up prices as they please.
I'm sure they miss the asphalted motorways, clean drinking water, heated tents, hospitals and abundance of dairy acquisition opportunities from their nomadic days.

feathers

Post by feathers »

It says nothing about the long-term effects of Jabba having to gain excessive weight for that role. Just because 'e's a white cishet male.

John D

Post by John D »

feathers wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:Back in 1939, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that the Inuit were 'Indians' and thus fell under federal jurisdiction, and the Inuit were herded into towns, their nomadic culture destroyed. To this day, these settlements have the level of infrastructure you'd expect in developing countries. They still have only gravel roads, unsafe drinking water, no hospitals, and a housing crisis. Most Inuit towns are supplied by a single supermarket chain, Northern, which by virtue of its monopoly is able to mark up prices as they please.
I'm sure they miss the asphalted motorways, clean drinking water, heated tents, hospitals and abundance of dairy acquisition opportunities from their nomadic days.
Come from a culture that barely survived by killing whales in skin covered boats.... complain about prices in remote frozen wasteland grocery store.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:Is she in the women's section of the shelter?...
He'd better be, after all his squalling about squatting among women when he drops a loaf. If he's this sanguine about rooming apart from the LADIES, he's more a frumpy mouse than an activist.
I'm sure the other women in the common bathroom are glad she is there for girl chat.
Did you know that "argh clit" is an anagram for "girl chat"?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:I think that a better gesture would have been the marines showing up to do some sorely needed work, like repairing a road or building a well. But then again I'm a bit allergic to dramatic gestures done quite clearly only for media exposure.
There's a saying under the Dutch marines that there's no such thing as an ex-marine (unless you've been thrown out dishonourably, perhaps)- only an old-marine. You're supposed to represent the Corps even after your pension. Were those kneeling marines representing the Corps? If not, they shouldn't have done it.

The theatre as such was zum Kotzen of course.

feathers

Post by feathers »

It says nothing about the long-term effects of Jabba having to gain excessive weight for that role. Just because 'e's a white cishet male.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:

I pigeon-holed him as an irrelevant crank shortly after first running across him. I have watched quite a bit of the men's rights stuff, nobody ever recommends him or refers to him, there are plenty of people with far more interesting things to say.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I pigeon-holed him as an irrelevant crank shortly after first running across him. I have watched quite a bit of the men's rights stuff, nobody ever recommends him or refers to him, there are plenty of people with far more interesting things to say.
I dunno - I heard Brian from the HoneyBadgers say a good word in passing - something to the effect that he was OK with (or at least understood) why Esmay is doing this.

He (Esmay) seems to have a severe case of 'chapped arse' - possibly dating from around the time of the Interview he did with Mr Metokur about the immigrant crisis in Europe (available on youtube - just type in 'Metokur Esmay' if interested) - and now he seems to want to become the mirror image of what he assumes Hitchens was.

I'm not sure who is a good advocate for Men's Rights at this point - Paul Elam also seems a bit of an mess. Maybe Warren Ferrel is OK - but I'm not sure how involved he is with the organised online movement.

nb One criticism I heard of the HoneyBadgers - was that men should stand up for themselves - not expect Karen Straughn (or whomever) to do it for them.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

'The male gaze can be quite literally deadly.'

Beware, my sweet,
Of the male gaze,
For Those Y chromosome eyes may harbour a nasty surprise,
In the shape of deadly, dangerous
Patriarchy rays.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

More background on Esmay than anyone could possibly (or reasonably) want:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/dean-marr ... may.22867/