The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MarcusAu »

Let's keep it weird

[youtube][/youtube]

I hope this serves as a counterpoint to Muscato - to show that it's possible to be strange and not an arsehole.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

sp0tlight wrote:Also, I believe thunderfoot is real. Seen his scat all over the webs!!1
Actually, all those sightings were really Mykeru doing his prepper thing.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tulsi Gabbard tells it like it is, CNN anchor Jake Tapper doesn't address her points.

The US have worked with Al-Nusra (formerly a part of Al-Qaeda) and other Salafi groups to overthrow Assad. Clinton was fine with a Saudi-friendly Salafi theocracy in Syria to take out Assad. The Saudis, Qatar, other Persian Gulf theocracies and Turkey are all working closely with Salafi theocratic groups to overthrow Assad.

Assad is a complete and utter cunt, but the alternative is far worse. Clinton has already done the trick of supporting Salafis to depose a secular dictator in Libya, and now Libya is a mess, a failed state which is at serious risk of being overrun by the Islamic State or some other Salafi group. Bush, just like Clinton, took down Saddam Hussein and left Iraq as a failed state, paving the way to the Islamic State and an ongoing civil war.

Let's face it, yanks, in Syria you're on the wrong side of the conflict, and if you keep wanting to take down Assad you're only going to create more trouble. Let it go and focus on taking down the Islamic State.

This isn't a partisan matter of Democrats or Republicans. Bush was a Republican president, Clinton was a Democrat Secretary of State. They both pursued an aggressive, misguided, confused foreign policies in the Middle East which left it as the mess we see now. Time to pull out and put the alliance with the petro-countries in question. If it takes Trump to do the right thing, even by accident, then fine.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Let's face it, yanks, in Syria you're on the wrong side of the conflict, and if you keep wanting to take down Assad you're only going to create more trouble. Let it go and focus on taking down the Islamic State.
It's pretty much all over bar the shouting now, isn't it? Looks very much like Assad is gonna remain in charge and everyone else is just going to have to deal with it. And yes, Assad is a scumbag - but I do hope his regime bestows some seriously biblical retribution on any remaining members of ISIS in the area.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Still, now Assad is almost back in control, he's not going to make the same mistake twice. He's going to eradicate everything that has even the faintest whiff of resistance over it. They've allegedly already started executing seemingly random groups of citizens.

The only thing he has in favour of ISIS (from our viewpoint, that is), is that he probably has no ambitions outside Syria proper.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:Still, now Assad is almost back in control, he's not going to make the same mistake twice. He's going to eradicate everything that has even the faintest whiff of resistance over it. They've allegedly already started executing seemingly random groups of citizens.

The only thing he has in favour of ISIS (from our viewpoint, that is), is that he probably has no ambitions outside Syria proper.
Also he's not tied to Saudi Arabia/the Gulf petro-states, which are the main reason for the spread of Salafis all over the "West". He's a relatively secular dictator. A complete cunt to his people, like Saddam Hussein (the parties which supported them even had roughly the same political platform) but not someone who wants a Salafi Caliphate or really cares about any project of a worldwide muslim Caliphate.

Let's face it, he and the Russians are the lesser evil compared to the muslim supremacists. We don't have to be their friends. We don't even have to trust them. Root out Russian moles in the US and the intelligence system, and keep the guard high on the Baltics: those are good and sensible policies.

But the Russians and Assad don't have to be our enemies, either. We can let Assad stay umolested and he won't attack us. We can contain Putin and make it clear to him that there are lines that both we and he should never cross, all while we take care of not letting him get moles in our intelligence system and curtail his influences on US politics. Hell, the best thing to do is to curtail ALL foreign influences on our politics by regulating lobbies and special interests to avoid conflicts of interests.

But the biggest threat to liberal democracy, the most widespread and powerful anti-liberal democratic movement worldwide isn't Russia, it's not the far right (which can be contained and are largely limited to each country they operate in) and it's not the SJWs (which are powerful only in universities and the media, and there's a huge backlash against them).

No, the biggest threat to liberal democracies and to rational (not necessarily peaceful, but rational) international politics is muslim supremacy. It's the idea of the Caliphate, of muslim domination through subversion, demography and establishment of muslim institutions. It's real threat, it's a widespread threat, it's well-funded, its has powerful propaganda centers, it's harmful to anyone who isn't them. It's a threat at least on par with Nazi Germany or worldwide communism. And it's not going away if we carry on alliances with muslim supremacist states.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Just like not all Germans were nazis, and not all Russians were commies, not all muslims are muslim supremacists. This of course doesn't mean that those who aren't muslim supremacist are a-OK with liberal democracy, but they're at least more malleable to be gradually convinced to adapt liberal democratic values if we take care of smashing muslim supremacist groups and if we eliminate muslim identity groups.

Keeping an eye on Salafi/muslim supremacists is a good idea. Controlling our borders is also a good idea. Teaching immigrants that they have responsibilities, not just rights, is yet another good idea.

We need to defend liberal democracy and secularism, even at the cost of making people angry, offending them, making it much harder for them to immigrate, getting them to integrate instead of staying in their isolated communities. Liberal democracy and secularism are things worth fighting for, "diversity" and "multiculturalism" aren't.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Let's face it, yanks, in Syria you're on the wrong side of the conflict, and if you keep wanting to take down Assad you're only going to create more trouble. Let it go and focus on taking down the Islamic State.
It's pretty much all over bar the shouting now, isn't it? Looks very much like Assad is gonna remain in charge and everyone else is just going to have to deal with it. And yes, Assad is a scumbag - but I do hope his regime bestows some seriously biblical retribution on any remaining members of ISIS in the area.
Not just ISIS. Al-Nusra too. And all the Salafi groups.

Assad is probably going to kill lots of innocents and of less cunt-y people. If there was a way to avoid that it'd be great. But the less muslim supremacists there are, the better.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Assad killed the Pit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

sp0tlight wrote:Also, I believe thunderfoot is real. Seen his scat all over the webs!!1
He's real. I ran into him at total random in Yellowstone in 2011.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Proof:
Screenshot 2016-12-18 08.47.47.png
(718.83 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Lsuoma wrote:Proof:
That doesn't prove anything. If you had some hair and a stool sample we could run DNA tests.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I didn't collect more than a couple of kilograms, and it's mine, ALL MINE!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Proof:
That doesn't prove anything. If you had some hair and a stool sample we could run DNA tests.
It looks more like a Bigneck than a Bigfoot to me. :rimshot:

free thoughtpolice

Wait. What is this sorcery? I wrote b i g foot not bigfoot.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Wait. What is this sorcery? I wrote b i g foot not Boringfoot.
FT Strikes Back.

feathers

Post by feathers »

So Brian Anders is a Begfood right?

free thoughtpolice

First Trump angrily tweets about the "unpresidented" seizure of an American submarine drone in international waters, then changed his mind a few hours later and says Jina should keep it. :teasing-dunce:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/china-says- ... -1.3208219

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

MarcusAu wrote:Let's keep it weird

[youtube][/youtube]

I hope this serves as a counterpoint to Muscato - to show that it's possible to be strange and not an arsehole.
Saw this guy at NecronomiCon in '13. Eccentric, but seemed nice enough.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

free thoughtpolice wrote:First Trump angrily tweets about the "unpresidented" seizure of an American submarine drone in international waters, then changed his mind a few hours later and says Jina should keep it. :teasing-dunce:
If he keeps doing it, he invented a new form of diplomacy. Nobody will take anything he says seriously, and thus created a new form of diplomatic vagueness. Problem is that politics sometimes only needs a “reason” (or pretense) and a loose cannon can deliever “reason” for free, whereas classic diplomacy avoids giving such “reasons”.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Fuck me you guys have been busy.

Some nice bits of Jonathan Haidt here:-

[youtube][/youtube]

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

deLurch wrote:Future Meg.

https://i.sli.mg/WX5Gef.png
heh. heheh. awwww.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I just saw Rogue One.

Loved it.

This is the Star Wars film that Force Awakens should have been. Hands down. Watch it!

Keating

Post by Keating »

I suppose I should post this here:
https://vimeo.com/195211921

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Keating wrote:I suppose I should post this here:
https://vimeo.com/195211921
Does it look like Finland Friday to you?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Dear science students at University of Minnesota, Morris campus:

If you have a class taught by PZ Meyers and he doesn't recommend this book to you, then please just accept that he has given up on actually educating you, and will simply do enough to get you some kind of passing grade. Maybe.

Yours,
PZ Meyers.

http://i.imgur.com/Wz8y7pL.png

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

gurugeorge wrote:Fuck me you guys have been busy.

[youtube.][/youtube]
Not sure how anyone else will feel - but it seems rather unlikely that Nick Clegg would be the voice of reason against the regressive left.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Kirbmarc wrote:Just like not all Germans were nazis, and not all Russians were commies, not all muslims are muslim supremacists. This of course doesn't mean that those who aren't muslim supremacist are a-OK with liberal democracy, but they're at least more malleable to be gradually convinced to adapt liberal democratic values if we take care of smashing muslim supremacist groups and if we eliminate muslim identity groups.

Keeping an eye on Salafi/muslim supremacists is a good idea. Controlling our borders is also a good idea. Teaching immigrants that they have responsibilities, not just rights, is yet another good idea.

We need to defend liberal democracy and secularism, even at the cost of making people angry, offending them, making it much harder for them to immigrate, getting them to integrate instead of staying in their isolated communities. Liberal democracy and secularism are things worth fighting for, "diversity" and "multiculturalism" aren't.
I have one thing to say on this. It's my belief that immigration is a red-herring that attracts too many hangers-on from white nationalists. What you have a problem with is not immigration per se, but immigration from cultures where illiberal values are shared by a majority. At this moment in time, those cultures are mostly Muslims from the Greater Middle East, but may include certain cultures (Christian, Muslim, or otherwise) from sub-Saharan Africa that hold dangerous or illiberal beliefs.

I highly doubt you have the same kind of problem with, say, other types of immigration (although you might have other reasons to oppose those -- more on that later), but by attacking 'diversity' and 'multiculturalism', you lend your voice to those who want to stop all immigration on racial grounds. You essentially become the motte to their bailey, as Nigel Farage's refugee fearmongering distracted attention from the working class' desire to throw out Polish workers and Muslim immigrants alike.

We should also note that Islamic extremism in generally is not gaining that much ground with recent immigrants. In generally, it's the second-generation descendants who grow up speaking French/English/German natively or first-generation immigrants who have spent decades in the west and gained citizenship that are most likely to fall prey to extremism. So why might that be? I imagine it's perhaps because they do not feel accepted as equals in the culture they grew up in and thus seek to embrace the culture/religion of their ancestors. That leaves them vulnerable to extremism. Vulnerable youth from other cultures might join ethnic gangs. In North America, ethnic gangs of all varieties exist, even for ethnicities that are now accepted as white and thus easily integrated (e.g. Armenians, Albanians, Irish, Italians, Ukrainians, Russians).

So again, this suggests to me that immigration itself is not the problem. Even if you're willing to go the Steersman way of committing ethno-religious cleansing and attempt forced integration on those that remain (BTW, the US and Canada tried the latter -- it was called the residential school system, and it resulted in massive human rights violations and psychological damage and completely failed to assimilate American natives), it will not solve the problem: even closing the borders completely today will not stop second- or third-generation descendants of immigrants from radicalizing, especially if they feel even more mistreated by society. So instead of restricting immigration to stop the spread of Islamic extremism, it seems more productive to go after those who spread extremism in the first place, namely foreign countries funding mosques and already radicalized preachers, and to teach vulnerable youth less harmful ways of finding validation.

There are, of course, other reasons to support reduced immigration. One is on economic grounds, e.g. based on the perception that foreign workers are willing to work more for less, thus driving down wages and crowding out native workers. The economic and policy consensus, as far as I know, tends not to support that perception, but it is nonetheless one that is pervasive in the working class and has created a lot of resentment. There are other econmic reasons against immigration, namely rich investors buying out properties and driving up housing prices, forcing locals ever farther into the suburbs. Though those investors are not even necessarily immigrants, locals often scapegoat immigrants, and in any case, it is true that immigrants flock to cities and require housing, so they end up competing with locals for living space and may end up changing the culture of neighbourhoods and cities. (Somewhat ironically, I lived in a neighbourhood that happened to be 67% Chinese and 33% white, and when my parents were thinking about selling the house, one of our Chinese neighbours (who only spoke English) asked them not to sell to Indians.)

There is another reason to advocate against immigration, and that is based on environmental concerns. David Suzuki, a famous Canadian environmentalist and himself a third-generation Japanese-Canadian, once got a lot of criticism for saying that Canada is full. Most people immigrate to other countries in pursuit of a better life, and this I think is probably the greatest threat from immigration -- the importation of people seeking the western way of life, but who have not attained the emerging environmental awareness necessary for maintaining it in the long term.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So apparently one of the transwomen on the NatGeo cover is a self-confessed rapist:

https://maleviolence.files.wordpress.co ... medium.pdf

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Dear science students at University of Minnesota, Morris campus:

If you have a class taught by PZ Meyers and he doesn't recommend this book to you, then please just accept that he has given up on actually educating you, and will simply do enough to get you some kind of passing grade. Maybe.

Yours,
PZ Meyers.

Well theres no way someone with PZs social skills could suggest that book to a student and *not* come out of the discussion sounding creepy as fuck, so...

Srsly that book is from 2005 and has 18 reviews on Amazon. Its not a standard in the field, and is pop culture, not a scientific publication. PZ is a chubby man skating on some thin ass ice...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

But it's okay, she apologised:
I was wrong. He made it clear to me that some trans men do not wish to carry children and it’s not ok to fetishize them in that way. The first time we had sex I can barely remember, as it followed a night of drinking and smoking but I know that we broke two of the most important rules... consent and safe sex.

When he told me that he felt used and violated, I immediately apologized and offered to support in whatever way I could.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

2016 claims Zsa Zsa Gabor at 99.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:First Trump angrily tweets about the "unpresidented" seizure of an American submarine drone in international waters, then changed his mind a few hours later and says Jina should keep it. :teasing-dunce:
So in other words, the value of the underwater drone ($150,000) is chump change compared to the act that China did.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Shatterface wrote:But it's okay, she apologised:
I was wrong. He made it clear to me that some trans men do not wish to carry children and it’s not ok to fetishize them in that way. The first time we had sex I can barely remember, as it followed a night of drinking and smoking but I know that we broke two of the most important rules... consent and safe sex.

When he told me that he felt used and violated, I immediately apologized and offered to support in whatever way I could.
I think a little jail time could've been a valuable learning experience. Painful, perhaps, but its not a pain I would necessarily spare xir.

Even if xir didn't rape anyone, it could initiate a process of self-exploration. "How do I see potential sex partners? If i didn't violate xir, could I have? Does my hyper-identification with an identity politics niche exempt me from the standards by which I judge everyone else?" Those are good questions.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
So in other words, the value of the underwater drone ($150,000) is chump change compared to the act that China did.
I'm not sure what telling them to keep it after they said were returning it would achieve.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I missed this bit:
In the midst of responding to all of this year’s tragedies I somehow found time to fall in love and lose my virginity. It was the first time I had sex... by choice. The first time in 25 years that I wasn’t forced to do it either by coercion or survival. Our relationship existed largely online and we bonded over all the little things only black trans folks can understand. After years of searching, I thought I found the second piece to the holy trinity I wanted to create, complete with a black trans man and our black non-binary baby

So if you are trans it's because actually, deep down you are a man/woman born into a woman/man's body - but you can actually create a non-binary baby? How fucked up are these people?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Shatterface wrote:I've been fatbeard shaming Muscato all this time and I didn't realise he was a midget too.

That's someone who really got fucked by the gene fairy.

All you needed to know about him was that he played bass.

Almost all bass players are mishapen abominations.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
deLurch wrote:
I'm not sure what telling them to keep it after they said were returning it would achieve.
I am not quite sure what good having them return will do either.

free thoughtpolice

It admits they don't legally own it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:2016 claims Zsa Zsa Gabor at 99.
Someone should probably make a list.

Then go through it more than once to ensure that it is accurate.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:Fuck me you guys have been busy.

[youtube.][/youtube]
Not sure how anyone else will feel - but it seems rather unlikely that Nick Clegg would be the voice of reason against the regressive left.
Nick Clegg, lol. I don't like populism because I'm not popular, what a wanker. I have a lot of time for Jonathan Haidt but he seems to be pandering to the bubble here. It is the UK so no mention the Clinton is a globalist corporate whore.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:2016 claims Zsa Zsa Gabor at 99.
Someone should probably make a list.

Then go through it more than once to ensure that it is accurate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2016

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I was not expecting that to be done before the 25th.

Nice.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

MarcusAu wrote:re Cryptids

Mamoth and/or Elephant skulls gave rise to legends of the Cyclops.

And I believe the Kraken stories may have come from encounters with giant squids in ancient times.
The idea of mammoth skulls being the origin of the cyclops is definitely an interesting one. Not sure how that could be proven, but it is possible. The kraken was originally your basic "island sized fish" monster, and somewhere in the ... 17th?...century it took on more of the current octopus/squid creature, although I'm not sure when it was stereotyped into a squid - I have a dim memory of something in the 1900s, but I could be remembering some other beastie.

AFAIK, the thylacine is still dead in the water, so to speak. I think the land needed for the species to survive doesn't match up with the possible range of them on Tasmania, especially (or because of) human growth. IIRC, the chances of a remnant population remaining undiscovered is incredibly tiny. People always seem to assume that creatures can remain undiscovered for decades with a breeding population and human growth. They point to the several species of deer discovered recently in Vietnam (or other SE Asian country) - but while they were unknown to Western scientists, the locals knew of them. The chances of a large population roaming freely in the Pacific Northwest (which, from what I understand is not undiscovered land but areas that have been logged and used for a few centuries, so there aren't a lot of unknown regions left, if any). Could be wrong, going by memory.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ERV wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Dear science students at University of Minnesota, Morris campus:

Yours,
PZ Meyers.

Well theres no way someone with PZs social skills could suggest that book to a student and *not* come out of the discussion sounding creepy as fuck, so...

Srsly that book is from 2005 and has 18 reviews on Amazon. Its not a standard in the field, and is pop culture, not a scientific publication. PZ is a chubby man skating on some thin ass ice...
http://imgur.com/RHclCc5.jpg

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

DaveDodo007 wrote: I would in a heart beat and trust me I tried. You no longer want Whitey McWhitefaces Europeans, since you changed your immigration policies. You no longer let in people who love you and only let in people who hate you and your culture, the ones that kill you and hate your way of life. More fool you.
I'm loathe to respond to obvious poopposting, but do you have any evidence that it's actually harder for whites to immigrate to the US, and what are you basing your comparison on? I mean, if you're comparing to the days when any male Whitey McWhiteface who survived the boat trip was entitled to free land, yeah, policies have changed.

And I don't know a time when the US 'only let in people who hate [us] and [our] culture'. I can't tell who you're referring to, so I'll assume you're talking about Muslims. I'm not sure if you know this, but Muslims make up about 5% of the population in England, but only 1% of the population in the US and 3% in Canada, so unless you have other groups in mind, no, we don't only let those in, especially not compared to the UK or Europe. Other people who might conceivably despise western culture tend to be guilty whites and resentful blacks and natives, and no one let them in.

So other than a low number of token refugees and asylum seekers, North American immigration policy in modern times has always been about money. If you don't have family in the country to sponsor you, then you have to be skilled or loaded with money. Since Trump isn't a white nationalist, don't expect special treatment for whites. Could always start a war in Europe to open up the refugee floodgates though.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Looks like he's saying grace.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Looks like he's looking at porn:
https://atheiststoday.com/images/dw_adams/pz_porn.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
ERV wrote:

Yours,
PZ Meyers.

It's amazing that Carrier takes himself so seriously when he's so obviously a LOLcow.
http://imgur.com/RHclCc5.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

DW Adams wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Looks like he's looking at porn:
Holy shit. It really does. Where's the original?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:
DW Adams wrote:Looks like he's looking at porn:
http://imgur.com/RAhDXiy.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:
DW Adams wrote:Looks like he's looking at porn:
http://imgur.com/RAhDXiy.jpg
That explains a lot of his recent behavior...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:It's amazing that Carrier takes himself so seriously when he's so obviously a LOLcow.
:lol: Truth.

http://imgur.com/lStcLai.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

This is the original.

http://imgur.com/d8XwFe6.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I would be grateful to see the pit's recommendations for podcasts.
'School Sucks' is my new favorite podcast. I've burnt-out on Sam Harris, Tim Ferris, & Dan Carlin... they dont surprise me or make me feel smart anymore... so School Sucks now fills that spot. It's libertarian/ anti-public schooling/ wary of cultural marxism & pomo relativism... but also wary of anti-sjw clickbait (such as rebel media). So far, Ive only delved into the 'speed & politics' miniseries http://schoolsucksproject.com/category/podcast/

Also-- not quite a podcast-- Jordan Peterson has posted entire semesters of his course lectures on youtube. Ive bwgun 'Maps of Meaning 2016' [subtitle: The Architecture of Belief]. enjoyable, rhought-provoking. he even weighs in against using a hammer to do a screwdriver's job & vice-versa, in session 1 or 2.

'Fiction School' podcast is 3 MFA novelists with friendly voices/ hanging-out & talking about writing. Halfway between a classroom discussion & grabbing a beer with friends.

http://www.fictionschool.com

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

At age 72, slapping a police officer, driving without a license, and having an open flask of Jack Daniels. Good for her.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Service Dog wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I would be grateful to see the pit's recommendations for podcasts.
'School Sucks' is my new favorite podcast. I've burnt-out on Sam Harris, Tim Ferris, & Dan Carlin... they dont surprise me or make me feel smart anymore... so School Sucks now fills that spot. It's libertarian/ anti-public schooling/ wary of cultural marxism & pomo relativism... but also wary of anti-sjw clickbait (such as rebel media). So far, Ive only delved into the 'speed & politics' miniseries http://schoolsucksproject.com/category/podcast/

Also-- not quite a podcast-- Jordan Peterson has posted entire semesters of his course lectures on youtube. Ive bwgun 'Maps of Meaning 2016' [subtitle: The Architecture of Belief]. enjoyable, rhought-provoking. he even weighs in against using a hammer to do a screwdriver's job & vice-versa, in session 1 or 2.

'Fiction School' podcast is 3 MFA novelists with friendly voices/ hanging-out & talking about writing. Halfway between a classroom discussion & grabbing a beer with friends.

http://www.fictionschool.com
Thanks. I will check them out.

Guest_e56088d6

Post by Guest_e56088d6 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Oglebart wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
With the recent increase in output to pay the rent - I predict associated depression issues and decreased self esteem.

And I'm not even getting much shadenfreude (sp) from it.
Really? I am, you're not trying hard enough!
It just seems more sad than funny.

However, she has had more opportunity than most, and her current situation has hardly left her destitute. So I don't know why I should feel more sympathy for Watson than any of the others out there who have worked hard, and actually have the knowlege and talent to say something interesting. (And that's not taking into account the influence she has had online and on the conference circuit).

I think even now she could turn her situation around and recovery at least to an extent.
Has done.

New boyfriend.

twitter. com/cvee/status/801838856966406146
twitter. com/cvee/status/800474098413379585
twitter. com/rebeccawatson/status/810660888638128128

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_e56088d6 wrote:Has done.

New boyfriend.

twitter. com/cvee/status/801838856966406146
twitter. com/cvee/status/800474098413379585
twitter. com/rebeccawatson/status/810660888638128128
Links for the lazy. Poor guy. There is no reason for him not to know what he is getting himself into at this point. I guess patreon bucks are kind of like the lottery, only you have a chance of really losing.

BTW - His twitter feed says he lives in San Fran, so the move to Colorado would suggest that this is a recent pick-me-up while doing her Quiz-o-tron gig this past week.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hey Patreon Beardos! This is how you do it. Maybe next time, chumps.

http://imgur.com/Cw4Yplo.jpg