The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Really? »

HoneyWagon wrote: https://www.facebook.com/events/1602984773337872/

I am assuming the recent media focus has created people that are funding this trip.
Video from this could be very interesting.
First of all, how can a homeless person afford to go to DC and stay there at least overnight?

Second, yes. This could be hilarious. How will normies react to:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Xk4WEU-ECMM/ ... uscato.PNG

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I am assuming the recent media focus has created people that are funding this trip.
Please let there be a video recording of this stunning woman speaking truth to power. If anyone can get Donald Trump to recognize he will not be the President, it is this darling of the media shinning the light of reality.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:

First of all, how can a homeless person afford to go to DC and stay there at least overnight?

Maybe his van gets really good gas mileage?

Normally I would say that the event would cover the trip plus provide room. I am not going to make that claim for this event. First it's free and I did not find any fund raising going about it. Second this is from their fb page. Notice the amount of people who say they are going.
http://i.imgur.com/KRatNQi.jpg

I doubt there will be any video.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:

1. Muscato has plenty of gear he could sell off. So unless he has it stored with friends or his parents, that would mean he was have to have it kept in a storage locker, and he would have to pay rent on that.
2. She should know plenty of people living in DC who might put him up for the weekend. Maybe even Melody Hensley and him could have a nice girl's night out.
3. If you put this stunning woman up for the weekend, how can you possibly kick her out knowing that she will again be homeless? What a cold hearted person.
4. Muscato is probably desperately hoping that she can somehow network this media attention into a paying gig.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I have an idea for how Muscato can turn her talents into a lucrative career. All she has to do is to take one small step forward with her transition with a sketchy surgeon.

https://i.sli.mg/aqJEZu.jpg

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

The same folks who laughed and mocked the intelligence of others when they suggested that Trump could beat Hillary are now bloviating about what a lousy president he's going to be. (Gird your loins!!! Run for the bunkers!!! Negen draws nigh!!!) P

erhaps they should turn their powers of prognosticatoin to something more profitable, like this weekends football games. Give us a list of who they think will win, we bet the opposite and rake in the cash.

So changing the subject,anyone know anything about vaping?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Spike13 wrote:So changing the subject,anyone know anything about vaping?
comhcinc has been advocating it as a healthy alternative to smoking. I think he has been encouraging his kids to take it up so that they are not tempted by real cigarettes.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

deLurch wrote:
Spike13 wrote:So changing the subject,anyone know anything about vaping?
comhcinc has been advocating it as a healthy alternative to smoking. I think he has been encouraging his kids to take it up so that they are not tempted by real cigarettes.
Thunderf00t has debunked the possibility that vaping could be a breakthrough in space travel. :x

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:How about Alex Jones - doesn't he identify as a classical liberal from time-to-time?
The only thing liberal about Alex Jones is the amount of tinfoil he uses to craft/maintain his headwear.

Also, purely to provoke the sleeping dragon that is Steersman (hail, hail!), have you seen this latest outrage?

[.youtube][/youtube]

:popcorn:
:-) But a couple of interesting facts about the book:
The autobiography of comedian and social activist Dick Gregory, co-authored with Robert Lipsyte, nigger was originally published in September 1964 by E.P. Dutton, and has since 1965 been reprinted numerous times in an edition available through Pocket Books, altogether selling more than over one million copies to date.

It was written during the American Civil Rights Movement. Gregory comments on his choice of title in the book's primary dedication, addressing his maternal ancestors,

Dear Momma -- Wherever you are, if ever you hear the word "nigger" again, remember they are advertising my book. ...
Always glad to do my part to advertise such a worthy contribution to an important topic .... But while I'm not entirely sure of all of the context of the video you linked (I'll plead a shortage of time as the issue seems "connected to everything else in the universe"), I think it remarkably short-sighted for much of society to be basically trying to freight, obtusely, the word with so much animosity, particularly when it's based on a serious misapprehension of the meaning of it - those wishing further elaboration on the topic should check out the voluminous thread on the infamous "Nigger-Cunt Hypothesis" .... But, briefly [?], I think the late great comedian Lenny Bruce said it as sensibly as anyone:
.... And there's one, hip, thick, hunky, funky, boogie. Boogie boogie. Mm-hmm. I got three kikes here, do I hear five kikes? I got five kikes, do I hear six spics, I got six spics, do I hear seven niggers? I got seven niggers. Sold American. I pass with seven niggers, six spics, five micks, four kikes, three guineas, and one wop. Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness. ....
Why I think that the use of "the N-word!!!" - as if one's maiden aunt was in the crowd of listeners - only compounds the problem.

But somewhat along the same line, Jerry Coyne recently had a post - Virginia removes “To Kill a Mockingbird” from schools for “racist language” - on the same theme of political correctness run amok.

In any case and en passant, thanks for the plug/vote(?) for MVP. :-) :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Really? wrote:

If I were Trump, I'd be putting xir up in a 5 star hotel & hiring xir a good agent.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote: Muscato has plenty of gear he could sell off.
He might be getting rid of his gear, but he's mos def holding onto his junk.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HoneyWagon wrote: You can see Michigan is paper. So if they have a ballot issue, then it is human error and there really is no excuse for it.
Paper fed into scanning machines.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I genuinely don't see a problem in a President not getting daily intelligence briefings.

Also I had the funny realization today about how far most Americans are from politics, I am out and about fucking around in the city and pass by the opposition leader and a leader of an independent party (tbh I see them quite regularly in the streets even now I'm not in the job I can't talk about) and I'm like... that would never happen for y'all. My Trumpinista buddy has heaps of pictures of herself hanging out with senators and other government officials but I have like... nothing. LOL

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:I genuinely don't see a problem in a President not getting daily intelligence briefings.
Yeah the leader of the free world should not want to kept up to date with things happening in the world. It's not a big deal and there is no chance that lives can be saved by being aware of the most up to date information and thus being prepared to act fast if the need be. Stuff like that has never came up before and there is no chance it will in the future.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote: Basically, all you have said is that Trump is good at getting people to invest in his ventures. The fact that his father started him off is not a negative, it just tells me that he was mentored from an early age by somebody who could guarantee 70 million.

Frankly your class prejudice is showing.
Every Trump venture has failed. Let's talk USFL.

How Donald Trump Destroyed a Football League

As we learned from Napoleon and Hitler, never let men compensating for their small penises be in charge of anything.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:
rayshul wrote:I genuinely don't see a problem in a President not getting daily intelligence briefings.
Yeah the leader of the free world should not want to kept up to date with things happening in the world. It's not a big deal and there is no chance that lives can be saved by being aware of the most up to date information and thus being prepared to act fast if the need be. Stuff like that has never came up before and there is no chance it will in the future.
Let's see if you can think of a situation where a weekly briefing rather than a daily briefing will be worthwhile for the president. Note: any major incident has a natural escalation procedure which would be outside of the regular briefings, unless they require daily monitoring updates - in which case the system can shift to accommodate a watching brief. Any travel or interaction with international powers will have a separate briefing procedure including intelligence recommendations. Trump is not a military president but an isolationist - his focus is best spent on business and people. He will have a senior military/intelligence person to consider information and I suspect will delegate authority or maintain a relationship with the senior person which allows for important updates to be raised.

To me it seems infinitely sensible.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:Let's see if you can think of a situation where a weekly briefing rather than a daily briefing will be worthwhile for the president.
Putin massing troops to invade Poland.

Terrorist planning immediate attack.

Possible ebola case in Texas.

Sheep planning take over of New Zealand.

The president can and should hear this stuff and decided if we need more information.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:
rayshul wrote:Let's see if you can think of a situation where a weekly briefing rather than a daily briefing will be worthwhile for the president.

The president can and should hear this stuff and decided if we need more information.
As I thought I made absolutely clear, urgent intelligence will be escalated as appropriate. No daily briefings does not mean "no intelligence briefings at all, I'll get my news from the HuffPost", it means no regular daily briefings. A terrorist threat, Putin massing troops and ebola will all be cases of genuine national/inter- emergency and will follow a higher escalation procedure.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

As I thought I made absolutely clear, urgent intelligence will be escalated as appropriate. No daily briefings does not mean "no intelligence briefings at all, I'll get my news from the HuffPost", it means no regular daily briefings. A terrorist threat, Putin massing troops and ebola will all be cases of genuine national/inter- emergency and will follow a higher escalation procedure.
Sorry but you don't get to choose how this works. You don't get to dictate the rules, which you do not actually know, just so you can claim a daily intelligence briefing is unnecessary. Find someone who have been involved with them who think they are unnecessary and then get back to me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:
Sorry but you don't get to choose how this works. You don't get to dictate the rules, which you do not actually know, just so you can claim a daily intelligence briefing is unnecessary. Find someone who have been involved with them who think they are unnecessary and then get back to me.
Yes, because Presidential Daily Briefings have been such help to the country in the past.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/ ... -57-28.jpg

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/defa ... 41pdb1.gif

That PDB is in one of those folders. It was presented to Bush on August 6, 2001.

http://static2.politico.com/dims4/defau ... ay_223.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Excellent example of showing why it's important to take this seriously Really?. I almost used it myself.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:Excellent example of showing why it's important to take this seriously Really?. I almost used it myself.
I'm more on rayshul's side. Leaders choose their priorities. Hillary Clinton knew that lots of things in the Middle East go boom, so she didn't spend very much time thinking about those briefings regarding embassy security.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Boooooring!!!!!!!!! The 4 yearly yawn of the presidential elections is over and we still get to hear tedious rambling?

Really?

Post by Really? »

JackSkeptic wrote:Boooooring!!!!!!!!! The 4 yearly yawn of the presidential elections is over and we still get to hear tedious rambling?
How wrong you are. The election is not yet over. 4.8 million people have signed only one of the many petitions to urge the electoral college to elect Hillary instead of Trump.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-coll ... cee2a095a8

Of course, Hillary could put an end to all of this by reminding her followers that we must respect the results of elections, but...

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

VickyCaramel wrote: This is just such an ignorant thing to say. Every millionaire I know (and I know quite a few) is up to their eyeballs in debt, quite deliberately. Firstly, you don't pay tax on debt. Secondly, if your money is sitting in a bank, our your assets aren't being used as collateral, then they aren't working for you. You can be worth millions on paper, or millions in debt on paper... depending on who you are showing your papers too.

And virtually nobody who is super rich earned their money from nothing, it just takes too long. Trump is in the property business (in fact so are most retailers such as McDonald's). You borrow from banks or investors, buy property, or buy land and build property, and gamble that by the time it is time to pay back the bank, the value of that property has increased enough to cover it. In the meantime, the business you build there will at least earn enough to cover you year-to-year. If it earns big, that's just gravy.

Basically, all you have said is that Trump is good at getting people to invest in his ventures. The fact that his father started him off is not a negative, it just tells me that he was mentored from an early age by somebody who could guarantee 70 million.

Frankly your class prejudice is showing.
That's a classic example of moving the goalpost if I ever saw one. ThreeFlangedJavis rebutted the presupposition that Trump even had billions, and you responded with another claim that rich people are poorer by certain metrics on paper because that's good money sense, and another presupposition that this is what Trump has done. You're now saying less is more, and with that, you've basically turned Trump's money-making competence into an unfalsifiable position, because under your logic, he could be worth billions or have more debt than assets, and it wouldn't actually matter. Do you recognize why that might be a problem?

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

HelpingHand wrote: Pet peeve time.

About eight years ago I was one of the technical folks at an IT Security consultancy that was brought in by a US state to do a deep audit of recently purchased electronic voting systems. Issues were found. Issues of the type that if a malicious actor has physical possession of the system for an extended period of time, it would be possible to break the encryption and make modifications such that undetectable changes could be made to votes. Weeks. For each device. Work on another system would not reduce the time needed to break another system. And it all could be made good by reflashing and reinitializing just before an election. Minutes per system.

Report made its way into the media. Widespread breathless reports of voting systems vulnerable to hackers! Democracy at risk! Evil Republicans deliberately giving money to evil corporation to enable voting fraud!

So take any stories you heard about issues with digital systems and hackers worth a grain of rancid shit. :hankey:
What do you make of this video from Tom Scott?

[youtube][/youtube]
HelpingHand wrote: The massive cynic that I am, I am inclined to write those tales off as 'meatbags be stupid as fuck'. Am unable to count the number of times I have watched someone work a piece of software, click the obviously wrong thing, get frustrated and loudly and unabashedly claim that the piece of shit software flat out does not work.
While I get the sentiment, this is why HCI is a field of research in computer science. Technology is designed for people to use, and in practice that means catering to the lowest common denominator, especially in something as basic as voting. You design for people that actually exist, not people you wish existed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote:There is no reason to take Trump's isolationism seriously. He regularly gets into pissing contests over minor slights, and the man just got into it with China because he apparently didn't think the "one China" policy was that big a deal. The man is an erratic disaster when it comes to foreign policy issues. I hope everyone else in the world has a leader willing to be patient with a thick headed lout who likes to push buttons, because Trump isn't going to learn to think before he steps in shit. He's too "smart" for that. I don't think that means world war 3, which is probably hyperbole. I don't think most countries would be willing to jump into that, but if Trump starts trying to dick slap the wrong foreign leader, I could definitely see some kind of hostility or diplomatic crisis coming out of it.

As for this business about Trump being mediocre, I'd like to know what reason you have to think he'll outperform any president we've ever elected in our history. All of them had more experience than him with political office, and all of them had more stable personalities. When I look at Trump I see a lot of the same problems W had (incurious, cock-sure, a history of failed businesses) and a lot that he didn't have (like Trump's BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS problem with impulsive behavior). To me it would be very surprising if Trump was a better president than W.
I don't think that the personal character of a president is as important as their policies. International politics isn't a meeting of easily offended SJWs. Pissing contests are trivial.

George W's problem wasn't a flaw of character but one of policies. He and his cronies were following an overly ambitious and aggressive neo-con plan for a New American Century.

Trump seems pretty consistent on isolationism, which is less likely to cause tensions in the long run.

And I don't understand how "mediocre" would mean "outperforming all presidents". Isn't the definiti on of mediocre someone who doesn't perform better than average?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

deLurch wrote:
The Yeti wrote:
I want to see her Bernie Sander tattoo.
I forgot to post this when I first saw it.
This is the tattoo....it is just a blue "B"...not a face or anything.
Looks perfect on his delicate feminine arm

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HoneyWagon wrote:
deLurch wrote:
The Yeti wrote:
This gal as complete commitment issues. Says he has a Bernie Sander's tattoo, but can't get past the letter B. Says he is now a woman, but only bothers to update twitter & facebook. There is a hell of a lot more to the process.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Come to think of it, the word 'classified' in the sense of restricted information is a pretty egregious example of a PC euphemism. The word's basic meaning is just 'arranged in classes', and it sounds rather innocuous that way, but what it really means now is 'not for you to know'.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I'm seriously tired of non-USAians treating this as some kind of lark. Imagine a cross of Rupert Murdoch + Nigel Farage + Jimmy Savile as your PM. Oh, teh lulz!!
I only need to imagine Geert Wilders as PM. Though he's not quite as nuts as Trump, .nl is also sized to scale.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Come to think of it, the word 'classified' in the sense of restricted information is a pretty egregious example of a PC euphemism. The word's basic meaning is just 'arranged in classes', and it sounds rather innocuous that way, but what it really means now is 'not for you to know'.
Euphemisms are the bread and bitter of bureaucracy and politics.

"Enhanced interrogation techniques" means torture, "international peacekeeping operation" means war. "Extraordinary rendition" means kidnapping. "Inappropriate accounting" means corruption. "I'm going to spend more time with my family" means "I fucked up and I'm retiring". In recommendations "has a flexible approach to schedules" means a lazy bastard and " had friendly and informal relations with the rest of the staff" is a way to let others know someone was accused of sexual harassment.

feathers

Post by feathers »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Malky wrote: It might not be as funny when Trump fails to support NATO and lets his good buddy Putin run roughshod over Europe.
I actually agree with Trump on NATO. It's obsolete, and Europe needs to pay for its own defense.
No it's not, with Russia's current direction and the entire Middle-East as added enemies it's more needed than ever since 1991. But you're right that other countries should pay their share.

feathers

Post by feathers »

VickyCaramel wrote:People are underestimating Trump. I also think there is a lot of intellectual snobbery going on, people think he just bullshits his way into billions. Scott Adams is absolutely right, he is a master at the skills an entrepreneur learns, if not a genius. As long as he stays out of wars, (businessmen don't understand war) then the US will probably do okay.
Oh, I'm sure the businessmen of Lockheed, Northrop, Bofors, Akzo Nobel etc. understand war pretty well.
I can practically guarantee you that he has had his eye on the presidency for at least 30 years and that he is completely sincere about making America great again, and creating a legacy for his name.
But it's also said we all rise to our own level of incompetence. So the question is, has the Trump arrived there...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Malky wrote: It might not be as funny when Trump fails to support NATO and lets his good buddy Putin run roughshod over Europe.
I actually agree with Trump on NATO. It's obsolete, and Europe needs to pay for its own defense.
No it's not, with Russia's current direction and the entire Middle-East as added enemies it's more needed than ever since 1991. But you're right that other countries should pay their share.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/image ... jpg?iid=EL

Honest question. Not being an ass. Well maybe I am being an ass but that isn't the point.

Anyway, honest question. Have you or do you plan on attempting to get your government to pay what they have agreed to?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

HoneyWagon wrote:
deLurch wrote:
The Yeti wrote:
'B'could stand for hundreds of things.

Muscrat could have at least had 'BS' to narrow it down.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Kirbmarc wrote:I might get a lot of hatred for this comment, and I'm probably a smug fence-riding bastard, but I think that both the pro-Trump faction and the anti-Trump faction are highly exaggerating the impact of the Trump presidency. He very likely won't "heal" the US and he very likely won't cause the end of the world or of America. He'll more than likely be a mediocre to bad president. As I said his best quality is his isolationism. The last thing the world needs is more US support to the Saudis and the Salafis in the Middle East.

I know many are worried about Putin and I understand their concerns, especially for Russian indirect diplomatic influence, but I don't think he's nowhere near as bad as the Saudis. We don't have a massive Russian immigration with Russian clerics preaching Russian supremacy in the West and the establishment of Orthodox religious law.

And Putin is very unlikely to launch other military attacks now that he's guaranteed that he won't be blockaded. Not even the Soviets attacked Western Europe or places where there were American military bases, and Putin, horrible as he is in many matters, is less paranoid than the old Soviet nomenklatura. I think that while Trump isn't going to make anything Great Again we've dodged a bullet by not electing someone who was willing to establish a Salafi theocracy in Syria just to antagonize Russia.
At worst, Trumps anti-science and pro-superstition cabinet will set back the intellectual and scientific progress of America for years, possibly while damaging the environment or people's health (due to closure, etc, of agencies like the EPA, NASA, etc). Expect to see more nepotism and cronyism as Trump rewards his followers and supporters (for as long as they please him). I expect he'll run the country like he runs his business, for his own profit. America will look more like a banana republic than it might appear, as theft and graft just become more blatant than it already is - maybe that will be a good thing and will cause Americans to boot the lot out of office and start fresh. Doubt it, but we can hope. The whole "drain the swamp" thing is merely an excuse to change one group of frogs with another. Expect Trump to get a lot of business "gifts" to his kids, which will just go back to him when he leaves office.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The loony left shown on loony right television should cause a matter-antimatter reaction fierce enough to take us to Mars in 3 days.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Badger3k wrote:The whole "drain the swamp" thing is merely an excuse to change one group of frogs with another. Expect Trump to get a lot of business "gifts" to his kids, which will just go back to him when he leaves office.
Trump is 70. Why on earth would he want those "gifts" given back to him? They would be exactly where he would want them to be.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I've heard that Muscato has booked the first of 'her' transition surgeries.

Xe is going to start with a breast reduction.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
deLurch wrote: Muscato has plenty of gear he could sell off.
He might be getting rid of his gear, but he's mos def holding onto his junk.
:clap:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Shatterface wrote:
Has anyone noticed the striking similarity between Danielle and another temporarily famous star of the culture wars?

http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/524935201_1280x720.jpg

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... tz0c2a.png

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:Sorry but you don't get to choose how this works. You don't get to dictate the rules, which you do not actually know, just so you can claim a daily intelligence briefing is unnecessary. Find someone who have been involved with them who think they are unnecessary and then get back to me.
Good fucking grief, you're intent to remain ignorant.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Excellent example of showing why it's important to take this seriously Really?. I almost used it myself.
I'm more on rayshul's side. Leaders choose their priorities. Hillary Clinton knew that lots of things in the Middle East go boom, so she didn't spend very much time thinking about those briefings regarding embassy security.
Yep. They do. And this is literally not fucking rocket science, I'm not saying anything that a moron couldn't work out using basic fucking logic about how any organisation, government or not, works. Presidents and all MPs receive heaps of briefings every day based on their portfolio, including intelligence briefings, and most of these do not require immediate actions or timeframes. Your daily intelligence briefing is either urgent, and is escalated, or it is not urgent, and it just fucking something that someone else with the right skill set can handle... until it comes to the point where they can't.

Fuck me, if you think that the president who is fucking Trump can magically receive these briefs and discern exactly where and when the terrorists will strike when their top military folk don't think there's enough urgency about them to bust in and deliver the news. This is fucking dumb shit. Fuck this. Why do some of you just fucking insist on being fucking retarded.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

So fucking retarded.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So, catching up, are we done with Trum...

Oh...

Back later!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Has anyone noticed the striking similarity between Danielle and another temporarily famous star of the culture wars?
Hugh is more fapable than Danielle?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:So fucking retarded.
Your life must be hard being so much smarter than everyone else. All those intelligent people who have years of experience doing that job and you come along and explain that they are wasting their time and don't know what they are doing.

Like I said before. Find a person who has actually done that job who feels it's not important.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:I don't think that the personal character of a president is as important as their policies. International politics isn't a meeting of easily offended SJWs.
I can't help but be reminded of post-Saddam Iraq where diplomats reported having meetings with members of the new Iraqi govt. and one would unknowingly cross his legs and expose the bottom of his shoe prompting the Iraqi politician to flee the room in outrage.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:
Your life must be hard being so much smarter than everyone else. All those intelligent people who have years of experience doing that job and you come along and explain that they are wasting their time and don't know what they are doing.

Like I said before. Find a person who has actually done that job who feels it's not important.
Holy fucking shit you are the dumbest motherfucker.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOOOOLYYY FUCKING SHITTTTTTT.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Point being whether it's sincere or not SJWs did not invent the concept of using outrage as a manipulation tactic. Some stupid poorly-calculated thing Trump does might not actually offend anyone, but it's certain that there will be actors itching to use his insensitivity and boorish nature as a pretense to not play ball with the US.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:Euphemisms are the bread and bitter of bureaucracy and politics.

"Enhanced interrogation techniques" means torture, "international peacekeeping operation" means war. "Extraordinary rendition" means kidnapping. "Inappropriate accounting" means corruption. "I'm going to spend more time with my family" means "I fucked up and I'm retiring". In recommendations "has a flexible approach to schedules" means a lazy bastard and " had friendly and informal relations with the rest of the staff" is a way to let others know someone was accused of sexual harassment.
Also, "Loves to go out with the boys and have a cheese pizza" means, oh well, never mind.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Holy fucking shit you are the dumbest motherfucker.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOOOOLYYY FUCKING SHITTTTTTT.
Better that than a know it all cunt who pretends she understands how the US government works.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That was unnecessarily mean. I should not have posted that.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote: Better that than a know it all cunt who pretends she understands how the US government works.

You're fucking retarded. You're straight up fucking retarded.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Okay, who's drunk?

I'm not. Yet.

But it looks like some here might be.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Okay, who's drunk?

I'm not. Yet.

I thought you were French.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Better that than a know it all cunt who pretends she understands how the US government works.

You're fucking retarded. You're straight up fucking retarded.

I will say it one last time. If you are so right and it's so obvious than it should be a simple task to find one person who has been involved in the daily intelligence briefing that have been going on for the last 50 years that will echo what you are saying.

This stuff is all over the news and there are plenty of people chiming in that you shouldn't have an issue finding one person to agree with you. A little evidence will go a lot further than personal attacks.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think we should be kinder to our leaders.

Rayshul - didn' t you guys in NZ recently misplace a head of state?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:
I will say it one last time. If you are so right and it's so obvious than it should be a simple task to find one person who has been involved in the daily intelligence briefing that have been going on for the last 50 years that will echo what you are saying.

This stuff is all over the news and there are plenty of people chiming in that you shouldn't have an issue finding one person to agree with you. A little evidence will go a lot further than personal attacks.
I think Ronald Regan took a more laissez faire approach to breifings.

Especially in his second term.