The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
sp0tlight

Re:

Post by sp0tlight »

CommanderTuvok wrote:OK, OK, it will likely fizzle out into a damp squib.....but I can dream!
And the court room sketches. And later, a podcast on "Who done it!"

free thoughtpolice

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Elyse Mofo went to Wiscon?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I was going to post something about the lack of coverage about that Seattle shooter who has killed 5 people (I don't believe Benson is one of the victims, in case you wondered!), and the reasons why....

...but this Carrier legal update has diverted my attention. I'm actually struggling not to orgasm in the pants.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Dick is the gift that keeps on giving.

Could Dick take them all down? I don't think they ever expected to have to handle Dick.

Surprised Ashley wasn't named in the suit. Perhaps that's pity from Dicky.

#TeamDick

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re:

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:From Meyers:

http://i.imgur.com/yiUQXZ1.png
Wot!

Popcorn ordered. I want Perry Mason-style shocks and revelations in the court room! I want gasps from the jury as sordid secrets are spilled! I want front-page newspapers to be featuring Myers, Carrier and company amid lurid allegations of octopus sex!

OK, OK, it will likely fizzle out into a damp squib.....but I can dream!
I want Judge Judy ordering Meyers to pay Carrier in full, Meyers going crazy, and Judy's big security guard shoving a nightstick up Meyers's ass.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Two million, tho. That's what worth Dicky places on his reputation. Two million. Even accounting for the likelihood that he's asking for more that what he expects, he must clearly place his rep in the region of several hundred thousand dollars.

The fucking gall of the bloke. He honestly believes he's some sort of big cheese. And even more cretinous is the fact that he thinks Myers and his e-begging chums might have this kind of amount available.

Batshit fuckin delusional. It's hilarious.

sp0tlight

Re: Re:

Post by sp0tlight »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I want Judge Judy ordering Meyers to pay Carrier in full, Meyers going crazy, and Judy's big security guard shoving a nightstick up Meyers's ass.
We need to e-mail Hogan, he could sponsor Dick's motion with his newly found cash money.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I want Judge Judy ordering Meyers to pay Carrier in full, Meyers going crazy, and Judy's big security guard shoving a nightstick up Meyers's ass.
Now I have just jizzed my pants. The very idea of PZ Myers and the other shit-stains suffering humiliation and financial loss, plus exposure to us mocking them and laughing at them, is intensely arousing for me. Whereas some weirdos get aroused by say, sniffing panties, or some other sort of paraphilia, I can get the blood rushing just by dreaming of various SJWs and Baboons being put in prison, or being forced to live on the streets. Bonkers, eh?

:lol:

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Tigzy wrote:The fucking gall of the bloke.
We're lucky he don't have the talent to go with his baldness, he'd be a real intellectual artillery.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

CommanderTuvok wrote:SJWs and Baboons being put in prison, or being forced to live on the streets. Bonkers, eh?

I don't think even US justice system put people in jail over civil cases. :D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

sp0tlight wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:SJWs and Baboons being put in prison, or being forced to live on the streets. Bonkers, eh?

I don't think even US justice system put people in jail over civil cases. :D
That won't stop me fantasizing about the possibility, tho!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

It's going to be jury trial.

I suggest local pitters making sure their contact info is up for date for jury duty.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, the latest on the Seattle shooter is that the suspect's name is Ahmed Mohammed, and he is possible either Middle Eastern, or a mix of Middle Eastern and Latino.

If the latter, Donald Trump's head will explode.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

So where's Dicky getting the money from to pay for his lawyer? That's what I wanna know. One of the birds he was knobbing was fairly high up in that Camp Quest/SSA thing (I think it was those orgs, anyway), so I would hope the money isn't coming out of their coffers.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

comhcinc wrote:It's going to be jury trial.

I suggest local pitters making sure their contact info is up for date for jury duty.
Judge: is there any reason for you to not serve on this jury?

Pitter: *tries to not break character* No, your hono… *sees Dick in his best suit, remembers who he is* …I'm sorry, I can't do it.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Really? wrote:
EigenSprocketUK
24 September 2016 at 5:32 pm
Dr. Evil: “One million dollars!”
Dr Evil’s lawyer: “Don’t forget my fee?”
Dr. Evil: “One million and fifty thousand dollars!”
I loled.

Also, lol.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, the latest on the Seattle shooter is that the suspect's name is Ahmed Mohammed, and he is possible either Middle Eastern, or a mix of Middle Eastern and Latino.

Have to admit, my suspicions were aroused earlier when I heard the BBC saying the shooter's motives 'were unclear'. These days, that seems to be the Beeb's codeword for a bit of the old allah-ackbaring going on.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, the latest on the Seattle shooter is that the suspect's name is Ahmed Mohammed, and he is possible either Middle Eastern, or a mix of Middle Eastern and Latino.

Do you have a source for this information?

free thoughtpolice

Are misreading that? They haven't IDed anybody in that case (Burlington) as far as local news or Google news.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

We are on the same page bear.

Basement

Post by Basement »

comhcinc wrote:I watched Ghostbusters Answer the Call and wrote about it and you assholes are not even going to comment about it?

I hate you all.
From your review it's obvious the only reason you didn't like the movie is because you hate strong women! TROLL! Ban this misogynist fucker!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What a crock of shit coming from PZ.

Having determined CFI / RDF is an axis of evil with Robyn Blumner its chief siren.
Having watched all his room-party mates miss the speaker list.

He wishes he were there? Just more weird data for his passive aggressive sine curve.

http://i.imgur.com/8J775hF.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wow. For most of us sad ex-PZ fan-boys leaving FtB meant getting a basket of Linx.

For Carrier it means setting off a legal bomb belt.

I don't know whether to applaud or point and laugh. Maybe both.

free thoughtpolice

I think he's drunk

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bollocks. I'd just cleaned the house a couple of hours ago, and now I've got about half a metric tonne of jizz to wipe up...

:x

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

comhcinc wrote:

Twitter speculation.......so treat with caution for the time being.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I don't necessarily want to cheer for Carrier, but I think I would love it if FTB was taken down by one of its own.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It's Burlington, about sixty miles north of Seattle. We'd passed through on I-5 about 30 minutes before the copfest started. Glad we missed it.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Twitter speculation.......so treat with caution for the time being.
So no source. Complete and utter bullshit that you presented as fact.

You are not really a skeptic as much as a hater huh?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Sunder wrote:I don't necessarily want to cheer for Carrier, but I think I would love it if FTB was taken down by one of its own.
I'm not cheering for DIck. It's like two bullies fighting, I only enjoy the spectacle so far that it will take their attention from victims and maybe they bot get black eyes in the process.

Bread and circus, etc.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Tigzy wrote:Two million, tho. That's what worth Dicky places on his reputation. Two million. Even accounting for the likelihood that he's asking for more that what he expects, he must clearly place his rep in the region of several hundred thousand dollars.

The fucking gall of the bloke. He honestly believes he's some sort of big cheese. And even more cretinous is the fact that he thinks Myers and his e-begging chums might have this kind of amount available.

I don't know what I want to see more - Carrier's ludicrous delusions crashed against the rocks of reality, or PZ Myers and his band of repulsive slanderers utterly ruined. If only there was a world in which both were possible at the same time.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I do have to wonder: How red will Michael Shermer's face be if a tit like Carrier manages to take down Peez?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Two million, tho. That's what worth Dicky places on his reputation. Two million. Even accounting for the likelihood that he's asking for more that what he expects, he must clearly place his rep in the region of several hundred thousand dollars.

I don't know what I want to see more - Carrier's ludicrous delusions crashed against the rocks of reality, or PZ Myers and his band of repulsive slanderers utterly ruined. If only there was a world in which both were possible at the same time.
No contest here. The latter for me.

PZ and friends are as bad or worse than Carrier individually, let alone as a group. Plus, getting a little bit of cash isn't going to be enough to rescue Carrier's career, nor will it truly validate his ego.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Oh this is going to be glorious. We're all atheists here. What cosmic metaphors do you thank for windfalls? I've taken to referring to random word generators as "the gods" when writing, much to my wife's anger (I think she thinks I'm taking the metaphor too literally). They clearly had nothing to do with this though.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

PZ is already gearing up the free money machine to cover legal fees, but if he loses and has to pay the full amount I doubt even "the horde" is going to foot 2 megabucks. The suit names 7 entities so if split evenly that could conceivably be $285k each.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hunt wrote:PZ is already gearing up the free money machine to cover legal fees, but if he loses and has to pay the full amount I doubt even "the horde" is going to foot 2 megabucks. The suit names 7 entities so if split evenly that could conceivably be $285k each.
The Horde is literally the smallest it's ever been since FTB started. I really don't think that PZ could bring in that much money. He's made so many enemies of the non-FTB crowd that they just won't come together like they did for Stollznow.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

The same Stollznow aided by Richard "Help a Leading Skeptic Fight Her Sexual Harasser" Carrier ^_^

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Will be interesting to see how much money PZ and the scumbags can squeeze out of the ever-dwindling Horde.

Anyway, a slightly amusing story here, about SNL's first ever Latina writer. That is a big deal, apparently, but she's been busy deleting thousands of tweets after getting the gig. Why? Well, some of them are racist. Now, as a Latina, does she qualify as a "PoC", and hence, can't be racist?

It is so confusing, these days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fir ... 0b1ba1b97b

Really?

Post by Really? »

RICHARD CARRIER "SLANDER" REMINDER DOCUMENT LIST

Here. I'll enact the labor to put together some reminders of what is going on so we can sip our champagne and laugh as one.

Amy's accusation to SSA that seems to have started this joy:
“During the course of the night, Dr. Carrier brought up having sexual relations with my husband and I. He told me that he was disappointed that my husband wouldn't let me just have sex with him, but that'd he'd be willing to have my husband involved. My husband quickly fell asleep after arriving [at a friend’s] house. Dr. Carrier kept whispering to me how my husband wasn't awake and wouldn't be for a while (insinuating that he wouldn't know if we did something inappropriate)...He repeatedly pointed out the fact that'd he had a vasectomy and how it much it increased his sexual performance.

“Dr. Carrier made me feel very uncomfortable. He is very charming so he did not scare me at first, but he got increasingly creepy throughout the night. He is very obsessed with his sex life and has no problem sharing it with students, and trying to involve them in it. I would never feel okay going to another speaking event of his, or being in a private setting with him again. I think it would be unfair to his future female audiences to not say something about his actions. If something happened, I would feel partially at fault for not reporting his behavior.”
Amy Frank's defense fund: currently $935 after a month:

Timeline begins:

In his post "Regarding the Accusations Made by [Victim's Name removed -ed.]", Carrier said that someone from SSA informed him that a student attendee had made a complaint about him for his conduct. Carrier describes an incident that occurred at a different event in a different state than the one to which SSA was referring.

http://archive.is/AcWxS

Carrier pins down the date to some extent in his post. He offered an apology on 21 April 2015, so by that date, SSA knew that Carrier was in violation of SSA fraternization policy with at least one student attendee. Here is Carrier's April SSA speaking schedule:

April 3, 2015: Arizona State University SSA

April 6, 2015: University of Cincinnati SSA

April 8, 2015: Ohio State University SSA

April 9, 2015: Akron SSA

https://archive.is/vXzyf

April 21, 2015: Carrier responds to recent e-mail regarding sexual harassment complaint from SSA, writes blog post about different incident than the one SSA was talking about. Carrier states he began the process of "resigning" from the Speaker's Bureau.

June 5, 2015: Carrier posts his "How to Do Wrong Right" post: https://archive.is/5gIvP

In this post, Carrier describes the reaction of the event sponsor, which we now know to be SSA:

"Thank you. I did express interest in [redacted] at an after event. And I recognized she did not appreciate that, and I apologized to her at the time. If she does want any further apology, I will definitely provide her one, so do relay that if that’s the case. But I don’t want to bother her by contacting her any further without her consent. I definitely felt bad about it. I thought the interest was mutual and I was very wrong. I won’t be doing that in future.

And that was considered an adequate resolution. Obviously contingent on my making good on my promises, which I have."

July 10-12, 2015: Carrier serves as a volunteer driver for the SSA national convention. According to Carrier:

"It wasn’t until months later that I learned that that person, whom I did wrong, did not file a complaint; but that Amy had. Which left me perplexed. Our interaction did not match what I was being told. I discovered who the actual complainant was when I was later a volunteer driver for an SSA conference she attended (unbeknownst to me) and the SSA asked me to keep my distance from her at her request. That required their telling me who she was. I happily obliged. I didn’t care what her actual reasons were; if someone wants me to avoid them, I will, as far as reasonable, and this was perfectly reasonable to accomplish. But I now knew the complaint against me was not fully honest."

http://archive.is/AcWxS

Skepticon 2015: Carrier attends.

This is when Carrier was able to figure out which woman was accusing him, as SSA informed him.

November 16, 2015: Carrier speaks at SSA's Ohio State University chapter: https://archive.is/mY3QT

April 23, 2016: Carrier speaks at SSA's UC Riverside chapter: https://archive.is/9AHYB

May 13, 2016: Carrier speaks at Florida Tech's SSA chapter: https://archive.is/SUxuZ

June 15: Carrier calls Amy Frank a liar and implies her husband is abusing her.

http://archive.is/z8QUX#selection-5433.0-5433.289
Which brings us to her interaction with me. I did not touch her. Nor did the SSA tell me she had claimed so. And indeed, our interaction was more ambiguous than she makes out. Apart from publicly flattering her abilities as I would anyone as competent, we had one private conversation in which she expressed interest in opening her relationship with her then-boyfriend (or husband?), but noted he wasn’t sure about it yet. In response to that I mentioned that if she ever does, I’d be interested in dating her, and she should feel free to contact me if that happens. She smiled and said she would. That was the extent of our interaction that could be described as sexual harassment, and that only at quite a stretch. Amy also mentioned in that conversation that her then-boyfriend reads her private emails and messages. Implying I shouldn’t attempt to contact her. Even though I hadn’t said I would.
I let that lie. I did not mention any of this to the SSA. I just went along with their assessment and requests. I didn’t want to kick the hornet’s nest of someone already willing to be dishonest (and who, I thought, might be in an abusive relationship that had somehow driven her to this).
June 20: Skepticon/Lauren Lane ban Carrier from Skepticon for life:

http://archive.is/M49KA

June 21: Right wing media mourn the lack of morality in the atheist community:

http://theothermccain.com/2016/06/21/go ... ts-banned/

June 23: Carrier leaves FTB. PZ comments upon Carrier's legal strategy.

http://i.imgur.com/Bg7Ba1k.jpg
PZ Myers
23 June 2016 at 11:06 pm
There was no “scorched earth”. We had reports of unacceptable behavior, and we had just begun an investigation, as part of that whole “due process” thing. We have other bloggers here who are polyamorous, and that is most certainly not an objection.
What you seem to have missed is that before the process could run its course, Carrier announced his departure. We didn’t kick him out; we didn’t even discuss kicking him out. We were at the stage where we were asking, “are these accounts true?”, when he left.
PZ Myers
24 June 2016 at 12:11 am
The thing is, we’re not investigating anything now. We’re done. The story is over. He’s left, and we have no further interest in getting to the heart of the matter…and his threats to sue tell us we’re not going to get any cooperation from him, so we’re even less equipped now.
He seems to believe that we wanted to hunt him down, and that now that he’s left, we’ll be tracking him down with an “investigation”. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The people who are upset about this aren’t honestly interested in due process — rather, they want us to automatically reject all accusations against their heroes without investigation.
June 23: Carrier publishes "On the Defamation of My Character" on his old blogspot:

http://archive.is/nJl6N
All the allegations made public against me this past week are in significant part false and constitute defamation. I will be fighting them, in both a court of law and public evidence and discourse. I will apologize for anything I actually did, if I haven’t already, but what I have actually done is not what is being described. I am fully engaged in taking legal action now. When stage one of that process is completed I will publish more about the truth of what is going on. Which is substantially different from what you are being told.

But I do not want FreethoughtBlogs or its mission to be compromised by having to devote resources to defending me or vetting claims or choosing sides. They have every reason to be concerned by prima facie claims of this nature, and I agree with their procedures to date (except for publishing defamatory statements about me). But they are not equipped to investigate these claims to determine which elements of them are true and which false. Others can. In fact I always welcome professional, independent investigations of any claim made against me, now or in future.
June 25: FTB Ethics Committee weighs in on Carrier departure:

https://archive.is/iw76H

June 26: Damion publishes a piece about the matter.

http://www.skepticink.com/backgroundpro ... ght-wrong/

June 27: SSA announces investigation of Carrier:
On June 15, 2016, we announced that we were launching a Board-led investigation into our handling of a complaint against Dr. Carrier. Since that announcement, an outside consultant was brought on board to lead the investigation.

The consultant was given complete autonomy in their investigation and has been actively interviewing people. Our Board has been receiving frequent updates and is in regular contact with the consultant. Based on the current findings to date, the consultant has recommended the investigation be expanded beyond its original scope and the Board has agreed.
https://secularstudents.org/investigation

June 30: Carrier tells Mark (now Kayla) Schierbecker legal action is pending and that SSA only launched an investigation into SSA's behavior because he insisted they do so.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28009/

Carrier on Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/3 ... l-victims/

July 11 (give or take): SSA posts this statement about the investigation:

https://secularstudents.org/node/6669

July 25: Carrier apologizes and lays out his Conference PUA Philosophy 2.0:

http://archive.is/LzimB

July 26: Carrier asks women who have had negative experiences with him at conferences to tell his friends their contact information and where they can be served legal papers:

https://archive.is/NoVe9

July 31: Zvan receives a C&D:
July 31: PZ mentions his own C&D:
September 20: Carrier files suit in court. The fun continues.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Brive1987 wrote:OMG. A white Aussie has been killed by black men in Georgia.

Brace yourself for the riots.

http://www.news.com.au/national/austral ... afe04a86db

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 60-h320-nc

For cultural appropriation?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:All in all there are some issues with islam which can't be solved just by "letting the marketplace of ideas freely do its job" because the marketplace of ideas isn't actually free when it comes to discussing islam.
We are discussing a choice between reforming the marketplace to make it more free (to the discomfiture of many people of various faiths) or hanging up "Muslims need not apply" signs at the perimiter gates and thereby avoiding discussion about Islam.
What Dhimmion actually said:
One might well be forgiven for concluding that you and Mr. Kafir truly believe secular democracy would fucking lose to sharia law in a free marketplace of ideas.
Everyone else has pointed out that Islam generally speaking doesn't allow for free discussion. The matter was settled 1400 years ago according to most muslims. There wouldn't be a discussion. Now you are saying that you were arguing that(I?) said borders should be closed and there shouldn't be any discussion at all. Strawmanning while simultaneously moving the goal posts.
Islam doesn't get to set the parameters of discourse here in the free west. The matter was settled in 1789.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

d4m10n wrote:
Islam doesn't get to set the parameters of discourse here in the free west. The matter was settled in 1789.
As should be known to anyone with any knowlege of US history, nothing was 'settled' in 1789, even if you ignore all the attacks on the Constitution since 1931, and esp since 2001.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Meet bad ideas with good ideas.
Meet violence with violence.
Or we could limit "refugee" immigration and avoid the whole violence thing altogether. Or at least keep it down to reasonable levels.

But the questions with that is what limitations are reasonable for a given outcome of reduced violence. Many of the acts of terrorism seems to have come about from the children of Islamic immigrants. That is an issue which probably needs to be looked at to see where matters go wrong, and to see if there is a solution beyond flat out barring islamic immigrants from certain nations.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Skankhunt 42: Great American Satan wants you to try to troll him so he can ban you. Scumbag.
http://archive.is/RJxB6
Did not read. I can not be the only person completely indifferent to the wants needs and desires of this ... whatshisname again?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:
Holy shit:
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ohio/ ... 906/196941
Plaintiff: Richard Carrier
Defendant: FreethoughtBlogs Network, Paul Z Myers, Orbit, Stephanie Zvan, Skepticon, Inc., Lauren Lane and Amy Frank-Skiba
Case Number: 2:2016cv00906
Filed: September 20, 2016
Court: Ohio Southern District Court
Office: Columbus Office
County: FRANKLIN
Referring Judge: Elizabeth Preston Deavers
Presiding Judge: Michael H. Watson
Nature of Suit: Assault, Libel, and Slander
Cause of Action: 28:1332
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
Dammit. I don't know who to root for.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I'm putting Dicky on my Christmas card list!

If he keeps up the good work, he'll be upgraded to a fruitcake.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:It's interesting there's nothing in there about SSA, seeing as how they are the ones who punished him officially and how he came to be around Amy.
Hypothesis: Since he was in bed with the wife of the SSA president, he doesn't want to shit in that bed. For all we know it could be tied to his current housing situation. Not to mention it would probably majorly spoil his swinger club access if he were to start suing members.

And it is possible that the swinger circle would have more than enough information to bury him.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote: Dammit. I don't know who to root for.
https://chasingmydreamsbucketlist.files ... nation.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:OK. Assault, Libel, and Slander is just a catch-all category for lawsuits. Carrier isn't accusing anyone of assault. My mistake.
Isn't "Assault" one of those quirky legal terms where threatening to physically harm someone counts as assault? And given Lauren was sexually involved with Carrier, there is no end to territory that could cover.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:It's interesting there's nothing in there about SSA, seeing as how they are the ones who punished him officially and how he came to be around Amy.
Hypothesis: Since he was in bed with the wife of the SSA president, he doesn't want to shit in that bed. For all we know it could be tied to his current housing situation. Not to mention it would probably majorly spoil his swinger club access if he were to start suing members.

And it is possible that the swinger circle would have more than enough information to bury him.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. It might have been you who snipped that bit from PZ about Carrier's defense. It looks like Dicky is looking to spill the beans on everyone's poly lifestyles in an attempt to...prove his innocence?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

fuzzy wrote:
deLurch wrote: Dammit. I don't know who to root for.
https://chasingmydreamsbucketlist.files ... nation.jpg
I believe I am fully stocked up on popcorn. Let the journey begin. :popcorn:

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

some guy

Post by some guy »

The Yeti wrote:Hemant joins the party:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witterfeed
He also uploaded a copy of the complaint. To be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5dd6fnybatau ... i.pdf?dl=0

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Wow. I did not know the main cannon for the A10 Warthog was this big:

http://3uqfoj8rqn912yhyb3z5mgju.wpengin ... Type_1.jpg

The entire plane is basically designed around making this cannon fit into the airframe.

It's not just a cannon, it's a 7 barrel gatling-gun cannon:

http://3uqfoj8rqn912yhyb3z5mgju.wpengin ... Uh1dgi.jpg

And here is the shell it fires:

http://3uqfoj8rqn912yhyb3z5mgju.wpengin ... 0x1024.jpg

Ouch.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Whelp. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
Mr. X, Indeed wrote:OK. Assault, Libel, and Slander is just a catch-all category for lawsuits. Carrier isn't accusing anyone of assault. My mistake.
Isn't "Assault" one of those quirky legal terms where threatening to physically harm someone counts as assault? And given Lauren was sexually involved with Carrier, there is no end to territory that could cover.
Normally, I would thought that a speaker at a conference should be safe from sexually aggressive behavior from a person in power, such as a conference organizer. Assuming the speaker(not a real person) who we will call RC was coerced into having sex by the power wielding con organizer who we will call LL (not a real person).
A hugely repulsive skank like LL forcing herself on a relatively inexperienced studmuffin like RC (at least then) should certainly qualify as assault, or even rape! :o
Poor guy was so traumatized that he was shamed into destroying his marriage which also put a dent into his lifestyle.
A couple million sounds fair to me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

some guy wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Hemant joins the party:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witterfeed
He also uploaded a copy of the complaint. To be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5dd6fnybatau ... i.pdf?dl=0
We're famous, you guys!
31 On information and belief, FreethoughtBlogs and Myers have previously suspended bloggers for such misconduct as plagiarism, demonstrative of FreethoughtBlogs'and Myers'exercise of content control over the blogsthey host
That feeling as I read the document:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Wow. I did not know the main cannon for the A10 Warthog was this big:
Yup. They just built the plane around the gun. That's why that thing can take out modern armor.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Haaa! Looks like Shermer may have kicked in an assist after all:
32 On information and belief, in oraround August 2013, Defendant Myers published and broadcastallegedlyfalse, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, and misleading statements about another public figure, under similar circumstances, and was the subject of a cease and desist demand.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

From Carrier's legal document linked to above by someone:

http://i.imgur.com/6YTPRcI.png

Really? If The Orbit wants to "rival the best media sites", could I suggest they stop thinking that a post every couple of months is of any use or interest. That when they do post, telling us about your experiences of shitting in the woods is maybe not the draw you think it is, that reGreta's daily posts informing us of friendly reviews of her book might not tickle Google's algorithmic balls, and that constant reminders from Stefanie Szvan that she has access to all the atheist gossip is of zero fucking interest unless a) it's good gossip, and b) she throws us a bone and hints at all the good shit she claims to know about. Because she sure seems to be blindsided every time something juicy comes out (make your own Carrier joke).