The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:I vote for a planet called Niggercunt.
You'll have to make do with Earth, like the rest of us.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MarcusAu wrote:
feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca, tut-tutting about a woman mobbed on Twitter:

[.img]http://imgur.com/DX4AETB.jpg[/img]

She doesn't mention that it was Justice Warriors who drove the woman off with death threats.
So, are there now Sunni-SJWs and Shia-SJWs? Could be fun.
Sunni and Shia was not been gotten along since the split occurred.

Sometime in the 1970s, I believe.
Actually, the schism occurred after the creation of Israel, or after 9/11 and all that nasty "Islamophobia" that entailed. All Muslims lived in peace and harmony for centuries until alt-right Islamophobes turned up in the early 21st century. Just as there was NEVER any slavery until whiteys created it.

:)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Scented Nectar wrote: See you there tomorrow morning (from quite a few light years away, that is)! :)
*sigh* I don't have the money to buy it right now. Maybe in October or November.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Have fun on your travels Scented. :D
Thankfully, I won't have to live up to my promise on this one, since Hello Games has set up a word filter! :lol:

"SCENTED NECTAR, YOU HAVE BEEN PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE NO MAN'S SKY UNIVERSE! THE ATLAS, GEK, KORVAX, AND VY'KEEN ALIEN RACES ALL HATE YOUR GUTS, YOU RACIST MISOGYNIST! DON'T COME BACK!"

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Have fun on your travels Scented. :D
Oooooh, I know, I know. I'll look for a vulva-shaped flower or something, and call it "Rayshul's Perfection". Filter safe and family friendly! No one but Pitters will know it's rather rude. :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: See you there tomorrow morning (from quite a few light years away, that is)! :)
*sigh* I don't have the money to buy it right now. Maybe in October or November.
:( You have the worst luck in the world. Not just with accidents and broken bones. If there was an afterlife, you'd probably get a mansion there for all you've suffered during your Earth time. For me, not getting NMS for another few months would put me over the line to the dark side and I'd sign my soul away to avoid the delay.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
:( You have the worst luck in the world. Not just with accidents and broken bones. If there was an afterlife, you'd probably get a mansion there for all you've suffered during your Earth time. For me, not getting NMS for another few months would put me over the line to the dark side and I'd sign my soul away to avoid the delay.
Worst luck or best luck in the world. Bad luck is being finished off by the first bit of adversity you encounter. I would say Phil has at least as many lives as a cat.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Sunni and Shia was not been gotten along since the split occurred.

Sometime in the 1970s, I believe.
Actually, the schism occurred after the creation of Israel, or after 9/11 and all that nasty "Islamophobia" that entailed. All Muslims lived in peace and harmony for centuries until alt-right Islamophobes turned up in the early 21st century. Just as there was NEVER any slavery until whiteys created it.

:)
What's all this talk of Islam and Muslims?

http://bleuvif.b.l.pic.centerblog.net/d5d93cd6.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Well, on the other hand, we're a bit short because taxes have just called in, and we also need to save a bit for the wedding in September. I think NMS can wait a little (plus by then you'll know it so well I can bugger you for advice).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Prediction: old white men academy awards voter will be blame for the lack of Ghostbusters nominations.
#oscarssopatriarchal

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:I always love how he points out that he is willing to take his time to sign and inscribe his books. How kind of him to offer his fans such devoted service! Try getting Stephen King to do the same!

And it looks like Milwaukee Mythicists doesn't care about the harassment of women.
It is also of interest is that the drive from Columbus to Milwaukee is only 7 hours. Easily driveable in a single day. The extra nights on the road he is begging for are for pure promotion. Get a few free drinks. Maybe some free food. Maybe arrange for a talk as long as they are going to a pub. Do a little book signing. Sell some books.

I'll hand it to him that he does put some effort into his self promotions. And as an added bonus, since none of this is officially arranged events, it is open season on putang with his adoring fans.
I am not an accountant BUT there might be a laundering / tax dodge angle to it.

Don't forget Carriers remarkable ability to minimise his tax.
When Dicky says "deductions", he probably means "expenses". If nothing else, the boy has a novel way of viewing the world.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Michael J wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Dave wrote:Follow up question for all you Limeys -- Do pollsters poll or publish polls for UK elections by Parliamentary Constituency? All I ever see is basically national poll results. Trying to extrapolate results like that to the voting in individual constituencies would seem somewhat error prone. It should be roughly correct, but could easily hide some important information, resulting in the sort of errors many of you are talking about. This is why in the US, the key is to use the state-level polls, since that is the basis on which we elect a president (via electoral college). Looking at the national polls can be misleading.
I think public constituency polls are rarer here because of the cost of polling from the main Professional poll organisations and a decent sample size etc though the parties often hint at "private polling" , When the stakes are high enough , they do go into certain marginal constituencies to see what the lie of land is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... E2%80%9315
Interesting. It seems most constituencies only had a single poll, often months beforehand. Given likely error margins, and the possibility of drift over time, you would want two or three anywhere remotely close. Given the reliance on national polls, Im not surprised that UK polls are seen as inaccurate.

For comparison, PA has been polled 26 times since March, with the last I see being 3 weeks ago. I expect it will continue to be polled frequently as a swing state until the election. Granted, as far as I can tell, MD hasnt been polled since April, but there are three on record from the beginning of the year, each giving it 20+% to Clinton. Despite their recent election of a Republican Governor, MD is a pretty safe bet for Clinton, so Im not terribly surprised by the lack of polling data. Its one thing to be off by a couple of points, its another to be off by 20 or more.

Australia is the same. They will poll interesting seats (not just the most marginal) but polls are done at most at a state level. However, swings tend to be uniform enough that you can project from them.

The problem at the moment is that I think that polls are getting less accurate. This could be bad news for Clinton. If Democrats think that she is 9% ahead of Trump then a lot of people who don't really like her will keep themselves 'pure' by staying home. If the polls are wrong and it is actually much closer, this could cost Clinton the election.
Again, this is why I think national polls are fairly useless, and you have to look at the state level data. But Im pretty sure that anyone actually paying attention (read inside Hillary's camp and presumably inside Trump's camp, but who the hell knows whats really going on inside that campaign) knows this. If I could move public opinion in 4-5 states by 4%, Trump would be elected. That might show up as a 1% move on the national data. Sam Wang's model shows Hillary up by a median 7% on national polls, but predicts that a 3.5% move evenly distributed across all states would elect Trump. Thats not because the polls are not accurate, its because the national polls are not measuring how we elect a president.

So any smart campaign manager (and both Mook and Manafort qualify) will focus get out the vote efforts in swing states like PA, OH, FL. It doesnt matter much if people stay home in MD, NY, TN or OK, the first two will go for Clinton and the last two for Trump.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Ghostbusters headed for $70M loss, sequel unlikely. Maybe making a crappy movie and then attacking your audience wasn't such a good idea.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... uel-918515

You know it's the attacking your audience that was the issue. Honestly if they have wouldn't have done that and just made a shitty movie I would probably have wanted to see it because I like Ghostbusters.

The moment they called me a manbaby for not liking the premise was the moment they lost my money.
Attacking your audience is never a good idea. Feig is an idiot.

Hopefully this failure will convince movie execs that SJW drama can actually be bad for business.
When you think about it, pandering to the politically correct won't get you viewers - it can't. Politically correct people don't like things. They're only interested in being outraged at the things they don't like, and feeling superior to the scum who do like them. I bet half the fembots slagging off manbabies and dudebros over Ghostbusters haven't seen it themselves.

Re Suicide Squad. Is it just me, or in the cartoons was Harley Quinn not called Harley Quinn because she dressed like a Harlequin? In the shots I've seen from the movie, she's just looks like an overgrown Tumblr baby. Where's the Harlequin symbolism gone?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
dogen wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Unless the game manages to disappoint her, I do not expect to see her for awhile. Possibly months.
I believe the PC version doesn't drop until the 12th. (I've preordered myself)
See you there tomorrow morning (from quite a few light years away, that is)! :)
Quite a few, I believe! And congrats on getting married. Does the lucky guy/gal know you'll be indisposed for the next few months?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dave wrote:So any smart campaign manager (and both Mook and Manafort qualify) will focus get out the vote efforts in swing states like PA, OH, FL. It doesnt matter much if people stay home in MD, NY, TN or OK, the first two will go for Clinton and the last two for Trump.
Speaking of which, here's an interesting article about the 2012 election:

Swing states poll: Amid barrage of ads, Obama has edge

Basically Obama and Romney flooded the swing states with some positive ads about themselves and many negative ones about the other candidate. Obama's team was more successful: many more people said that they changed their mind about Romney than about Obama after the ads.

There's an interesting quote here:
"In a swing state, you're part of the presidential campaign," says political scientist Darrell West, author of Air Wars. "Everywhere else, you're outside."
Clinton is probably going to concentrate her efforts on alienating people from Trump based on his perceived extremism, inexperience, hypocrisy and various goofs in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa, Michigan, Winsconsin, Colorado and Nevada and on getting Latinos and black people to vote in those states. Trump's team will likely target Clinton about corruption, frail health and probably mental health issues in the same states.

If they're smart both campaign managers will avoid trying to convince people and states who are already leaning one way or the other. They'll target those who are disgusted by politics but really don't want either Clinton or Trump to be elected, or on those who vote according to specific issues.

An example of a target voter in the 2012 election:
Jessica Bruning, 28, of Holstein, Iowa.

"I don't get a chance to see the news a lot," Bruning, who was called in the USA TODAY Poll, said in a follow-up phone interview. "I have two kids and go to school and work. Seeing the ads every day helps me catch up. I see what they are going to do."

What has she learned? That Obama has been pushing to keep student loan rates low — she's attending community college to be certified as a welder, so that's an important issue for her — and that Romney "wants to cut taxes for the rich people and raise them for the poor."

"I don't think that's cool," she says. She plans to vote for Obama.
TL;DR: Expect a boatloads of ads if you live in a swing state. Otherwise, you don't really matter too much to either political machine.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hunt wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:*sigh* I don't have the money to buy it right now. Maybe in October or November.
Worst luck or best luck in the world. Bad luck is being finished off by the first bit of adversity you encounter. I would say Phil has at least as many lives as a cat.
Well, if he can last through nine times the adversity as most people, he could do very well in the game, when he finally gets it! :)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:*sigh* I don't have the money to buy it right now. Maybe in October or November.
Well, on the other hand, we're a bit short because taxes have just called in, and we also need to save a bit for the wedding in September. I think NMS can wait a little (plus by then you'll know it so well I can bugger you for advice).
If you ask me for advice, the only problem will be getting me to eventually stop talking. Mundane Matt did a video about NMS the other day, and I paused to rant in the comments so many times, that I practically wrote a book about NMS there. He got a bunch of things wrong in his video, so I couldn't stop myself. I usually agree with his videos.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dogen wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
dogen wrote:I believe the PC version doesn't drop until the 12th. (I've preordered myself)
See you there tomorrow morning (from quite a few light years away, that is)! :)
Quite a few, I believe! And congrats on getting married. Does the lucky guy/gal know you'll be indisposed for the next few months?
I was joking. It was a joke about how I must have been waiting for the right game to come along before becoming a real gamer. I only fooled around with a few games before. Now, I'm settling down.

I will never get real life married. I knew it ever since I was a little kid that there was no way in hell. Same with having kids. So, I've successfully never married and never even been pregnant. No more periods since I'm almost 54, so the last one's for sure. I'm a hermit by nature and hate living with people. Even the 5 years I spent living with the only person I thought I could ever live with as a roommate (my best friend for 30 years who died last year) stressed our friendship a lot. I'm so relieved to be living on my own again.

I don't want to be anyone's caretaker which one has to be if you have kids, nor could I ever promise any guy a "forever" relationship. It's guaranteed that at some point, I will lose my sexual interest in him as well as become interested in other men. The idea of being in a "couple" makes me wince and crinkle my nose in disgust. I know it's good for most people, but even my infatuations are temporary and I know that if I indulge in the emotion that that too is temporary, and not some "fall in love" romance thing.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Brive1987 wrote:Little Alex can relax, go home and give up da gay.

Joyfully fucking your mum Is now a disease that possibly attracts victim points as an extra bonus.

GSA - genetic sexual attraction.
It needs to be brought to the attention of everybody in the country and people need to start thinking differently.

It was the same with gay people just a few years ago and now they can get married they are accepted.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 457da4a4dd
Jeez, your dating pool would be small.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Joyfully fucking your mum Is now a disease that possibly attracts victim points as an extra bonus.

It needs to be brought to the attention of everybody in the country and people need to start thinking differently.

It was the same with gay people just a few years ago and now they can get married they are accepted.
But conveniently nearby.

I was amused to see that they only managed to raise $100 in their gofundme effort. There may still be some taboos that society is not prepared to sanction.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

paddybrown wrote: Re Suicide Squad. Is it just me, or in the cartoons was Harley Quinn not called Harley Quinn because she dressed like a Harlequin? In the shots I've seen from the movie, she's just looks like an overgrown Tumblr baby. Where's the Harlequin symbolism gone?
The clown imagery remains: now she's a juggalo!

The Insane Clown Posse are far underrated, as actual clowns. They entertain & scare children, tour places reputable entertainers don't go, do pratfalls in the wrestling ring (a classic carnival trade), act as truth-telling jesters vs. FBI tyranny, they're freakshow-inclusive.

Who else comes close?

Marilyn Manson? Jack Black? Seth Rogan? Martin Short? Weird Al?

feathers

Post by feathers »

So we can make a seventies-style SF film titled The Niggercunt Hypothesis.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Another ginger jihadi bites the dust.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3716254

His lawyer was so surprised, his client peacefully read the Quran during his trial and further teaching about islam somehow didn't convince him it was truly the religion of peace. :think:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Anyway, if you have a link to the podcast or any info as to who Leo Laporte is - don't keep it to yourself.
Leo Laporte is a tech reporter who has been in the business for decades. I am not sure were he got his start but he was on Tech TV in the in the late 90s early 2000s. After that went up he started his own podcast network which is still going strong today. The format of most of the podcast are pretty much Laporte and two to three other people talking about tech. Some of the shows are mostly about one subject like Mac Break Weekly is mostly about Apple. The show I was talking about is This Week in Tech (twit) which is a catch all show. The episode where Jason Calacanis is own can be found here https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech ... tart=false All his shows have video but I just listen to the audio podcast. Oh and btw if didn't know better Calacanis sounds like he is full of shit a lot, but normally he isn't. When he saids he knows something to be true he is normally right.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

[youtube]Doh409fgWig[/youtube]

The Rob Ford smokin crack video was just release. Does not mean much now that he is dead.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

paddybrown wrote: Re Suicide Squad. Is it just me, or in the cartoons was Harley Quinn not called Harley Quinn because she dressed like a Harlequin? In the shots I've seen from the movie, she's just looks like an overgrown Tumblr baby. Where's the Harlequin symbolism gone?
Not seen the movie but from what I understand we do see her suited up in a flashback scene.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Damn the video don't show up but i see it kind of does embed.

Another try (in preview still not working).

[youtube]Doh409fgWig[/youtube]

Anyway, full link:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

comhcinc wrote:Jason Calacanis
That dotcom name flashed me back to the 'best & brightest' kids I counted as friends, in high school & college. I googled my high school best friend & read his Senior Vice President to Founder of yadda yadda trajectory... and I wish him ill. All of them.

So I'm back to rooting for Trump, today. Im a Project Mayhem Keyboard Warrior!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
TL;DR: Expect a boatloads of ads if you live in a swing state. Otherwise, you don't really matter too much to either political machine.

Well, yeah. That's the way it always is. When I lived in Alabama never saw an presidential ad. This time around I am see a lot. All Clinton, and all but one is attack Trump.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog wrote:
That dotcom name flashed me back to the 'best & brightest' kids I counted as friends, in high school & college. I googled my high school best friend & read his Senior Vice President to Founder of yadda yadda trajectory... and I wish him ill. All of them.

Most of my friends went on to low paying jobs, unhappily living in the same small town they have lived all their lives. The one or two that have nice high paying jobs hate them but have built their lives in such a way they can't get away from them.

My life isn't great but at least I have done it my way.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Cunning Punt wrote:

"If she's not good enough for her family...." :rimshot:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

comhcinc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

Most of my friends went on to low paying jobs, unhappily living in the same small town they have lived all their lives. The one or two that have nice high paying jobs hate them but have built their lives in such a way they can't get away from them.

My life isn't great but at least I have done it my way.

Pretty similar here. Like a lot of mid-30s folks who went to uni under New Labour, I was the first of my family to do so.
Problem was you get out into a hollowed-out economy where housing has become ridiculously expensive.
Most people I know are coughing up exorbitant rents and stuck in poorly-paying jobs, pushing 40 with nothing on the horizon.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Cnutella wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:

But conveniently nearby.

I was amused to see that they only managed to raise $100 in their gofundme effort. There may still be some taboos that society is not prepared to sanction.
I called this back when the gay marriage debate started heating up. One of my favorite hobbies is to point out the logical consequences of my friend's political positions so that they hate me as much as the people who's political positions I disagree with. I'm a deeply unhappy person.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[quote="jet_lagg]I called this back when the gay marriage debate started heating up. One of my favorite hobbies is to point out the logical consequences of my friend's political positions so that they hate me as much as the people who's political positions I disagree with. I'm a deeply unhappy person.[/quote]

Technically speaking, indeed, if those people are consenting adults there are no logical arguments against their marriage that can't also be used against gay marriage. Well, except the possibility of genetic defects in their offspring I guess. That's a big one.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

comhcinc wrote:
That's all my friends from 10th Grade & earlier. 11th Grade & after are ones who deserve cosmic justice to take away their castles.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:I called this back when the gay marriage debate started heating up. One of my favorite hobbies is to point out the logical consequences of my friend's political positions so that they hate me as much as the people who's political positions I disagree with. I'm a deeply unhappy person.
Technically speaking, indeed, if those people are consenting adults there are no logical arguments against their marriage that can't also be used against gay marriage. Well, except the possibility of genetic defects in their offspring I guess. That's a big one.
The couple can agree to adopt or find a surrogate if they want children, and then we're back in exactly the same boat as gay couples.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube]6u9XLtxdaWI[/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

[quote="free thoughtpolice"][youtube]6u9XLtxdaWI[/youtube][/quote

Looks like you have been barred.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So is youtube broke? Let's try a video I know worked here before.

[youtube]UWROBiX1eSc[/youtube]

Yes, yes it is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/571JY2xpbej9C/giphy.gif

Wrestling gifs still work.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Service Dog wrote:
The clown imagery remains: now she's a juggalo!

The Insane Clown Posse are far underrated, as actual clowns. They entertain & scare children, tour places reputable entertainers don't go, do pratfalls in the wrestling ring (a classic carnival trade), act as truth-telling jesters vs. FBI tyranny, they're freakshow-inclusive.

Who else comes close?

Marilyn Manson? Jack Black? Seth Rogan? Martin Short? Weird Al?
They also happen to know a thing or two about magnets!

free thoughtpolice

? Works for me.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Worked for me as well. Try aligning your chakras.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:? Works for me.
No, no it doesn't.

Now if it did work for you I would suggest you provide details such as browser (including build number) along with any active plugins, OS and if you are feeling cheeky your ip address. something like

Windows 10
Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m
IP 67.191.160.115

dogen

Post by dogen »

comhcinc wrote:
No, no it doesn't.

Now if it did work for you I would suggest you provide details such as browser (including build number) along with any active plugins, OS and if you are feeling cheeky your ip address. something like

Windows 10
IP 67.191.160.115
Social Security number as well.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Aha! It's an issue with flash.

http://i.imgur.com/U7YO2zt.jpg

I get the black bar on Chrome and Edge.

One firefox I get the above picture.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
No, no it doesn't.

Windows 10
IP 67.191.160.115
You meant to do the Putin's Downfall thing, no? If so, it worked, if not it didn't. Relax.

free thoughtpolice

Firefox
Windows Vista
7 1/2 inches with 10 inch circumference

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Firefox
Windows Vista
7 1/2 inches with 10 inch circumference
http://i.imgur.com/GKoLD.jpg

Flash is having some issues with chrome and edge. I don't know what yet but I am looking.

free thoughtpolice

Ha! That's an asian bear. Totes different.

free thoughtpolice

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So yeah not finding anybody reporting any issues with flash. I am thinking this is some website issue.

It's a good time to point out that Chrome is shutting down flash in September anyway. I see other browsers following suit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Friend of mine (and occasional former Pit poster) got his FB photography account suspended because the ladies were a bit too naked. Meanwhile, ISIS has a few active accounts on FB.

I am slightly pissed off right now.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Goddamn. Looks like Carrier added a new girlfriend to the stable:
Responding to Richard Carrier’s Dating the Corinthian Creed
I hope she doesn't run a significant non-profit in the field.

http://www.stephenjbedard.com/respondin ... ian-creed/

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Friend of mine (and occasional former Pit poster) got his FB photography account suspended because the ladies were a bit too naked. Meanwhile, ISIS has a few active accounts on FB.

I think that ISIS is allowed to keep their pages up because it is a extremely useful method of keeping track of would be terrorist.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:There's an interesting quote here:
"In a swing state, you're part of the presidential campaign," says political scientist Darrell West, author of Air Wars. "Everywhere else, you're outside."
If you live in a swing state, I can't see how abolishing the electoral college and getting these fucking pols to leave your state alone couldn't be near the top of your wish list.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

comhcinc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Friend of mine (and occasional former Pit poster) got his FB photography account suspended because the ladies were a bit too naked. Meanwhile, ISIS has a few active accounts on FB.

I think that ISIS is allowed to keep their pages up because it is a extremely useful method of keeping track of would be terrorist.
And I think keeping my friend's page up would be an extremely useful method of keeping track of scantily-clad ladies. But one of those doesn't kill people.

(I hope no smiley's needed here)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has some interesting stock ideas in his latest fried-free speech post.

Firstly we get the reasoning behind his silo approach. He simply conflates the worst of trolls with anything he dislikes.
it’s become about allowing anyone to vomit shit freely, everywhere, so that raw useless noise dominates over any signal.
He then defines the horde-mechanism behind his own demise.
it’s actually antithetical to the strengths of atheism, which ought to be freethought, evidence-based thinking, and self-criticism. Hero worship is the path to orthodoxy and dogma
:think: Time to review the rules of this bastion of free thinking self criticism ....

Rule the second.This blog is mine. It started as an avenue for self-expression, nothing more, and that is all it is even now. It is not yours. It is not something more. It allows you to leave comments, but only because a) that is the convention of a blog, and b) I do enjoy some conversations with some people. But one thing I’ve learned over the years is that a lot of people are assholes who see comments as an opportunity to piss on everyone and assert their dominance. If that’s your intent, you have no power here and can just go away.

Rule the third. There are no other rules but this: do not annoy me.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

And I think keeping my friend's page up would be an extremely useful method of keeping track of scantily-clad ladies. But one of those doesn't kill people.

(I hope no smiley's needed here)
I can't really blame Facebook. They want to everything G Rated so everyone wants to access it.

Suggest to your friend to try Google+ I know it's not facebook but he can post more freely there and link it on facebook.

Also send me links.

free thoughtpolice

comhcinc wrote:

Not sure where he posted this, but this video is what got the ginger jihadi I mentioned on the previous page caught:
[youtube]ZQ821jDTFU0[/youtube]

Some sharp eyed FBI dude saw it and contacted the RCMP that were able to stop him from killing any innocents so I think there can be good in not just shutting these guys down.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Annnnnd he is gone
Farewell August. What timing.