The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
CommanderTuvok

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Yeah, I have noticed Hillary doing the expressions.

Neurological damage?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Yeah, I have noticed Hillary doing the expressions.

Neurological damage?
Nah, probably just too much coffee.

On the other hand, no normal person reacts with faux surprise like that to some fucking balloons unless they're indulging children. She must think she's indulging children.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

gurugeorge wrote:

Neurological damage?

On the other hand, no normal person reacts with faux surprise like that to some fucking balloons unless they're indulging children. She must think she's indulging children.
I'm going with autism/Asperger's. I know it is the new answer to every why middle-class Clarabella's kid isn't Einstein, but this and the balloon reaction look like carefully-learned reactions designed to mimic natural human responses.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Howard Dean syndrome.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Could also be that H wanted to rip out Bubba's throat. :?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

piginthecity wrote:I have to say that I heartily disapprove of pitters donating either to Amy's or to Dicky's as yet hypothetical fund. As SJWologists we should be mere observers as the subjects battle it out in the wild, however bloody the fight becomes and however heart-rending the plaintive and piteous cries of the loser are as he or she (and let's face it it's bound to be he) are as he is torn to pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In theory I agree.

However, in this case I am prepared to abandon all principles because the probable lulz from any/all StickyDickie lawsuits should they come to court, promise to be a source of continued and high quality entertainment.

It does not matter who "wins". It is the journey, not the destination.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:

Neurological damage?

I'm going with autism/Asperger's. I know it is the new answer to every why middle-class Clarabella's kid isn't Einstein, but this and the balloon reaction look like carefully-learned reactions designed to mimic natural human responses.
Or maybe the intensive grooming and conditioning process career politicians are subjected to creates something indistinguishable from an assburger? They've dedicated their lives to being all things to all people. The cold calculation is instinct. That fake smile? It feels as natural to them as yours does to your loved ones.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BTW:

A better link for the Dabiq issue 15 pdf because you do not have to contend with the 4 square nonsense about logging in and 60 second wait and whatnot.

I am not going to read it now. Later on when I get a block of time to focus on one thing. Probably on the four hour flight back to Vancouver from Toronto. Hopefully, no one is going to peek over my shoulder while I am doing so.

Even if they did ... what could go wrong?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

jet_lagg wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:

Or maybe the intensive grooming and conditioning process career politicians are subjected to creates something indistinguishable from an assburger? They've dedicated their lives to being all things to all people. The cold calculation is instinct. That fake smile? It feels as natural to them as yours does to your loved ones.
Possibly, although there have been few Presidential candidates whose lives have been lived s scrutinized as HC's. She is often noted as being clever and self-controlled, which might suggest the Aspie (internet) diagnosis.

But your point is solid: these oddball physical reactions, coming across as fake emotions, may well stem from the same life. Fuck me, she must have had titanium balls to spend the last 20-odd years pretending that the whole world didn't know her husband had spunked on his mistress's dress around the same time he was sticking a cigar case up her twat.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: ...
But your point is solid: these oddball physical reactions, coming across as fake emotions, may well stem from the same life. Fuck me, she must have had titanium balls to spend the last 20-odd years pretending that the whole world didn't know her husband had spunked on his mistress's dress around the same time he was sticking a cigar case up her twat.
Perhaps she just does not care?

Nicest of The Damned

Post by Nicest of The Damned »

Gumby wrote:As of now the box office for GB (both domestic and foreign) is $159,587,152 after 20 full days of release. The budget was $144 million, not counting the $100 million or so spent on marketing.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... rs2016.htm

They better sell a fuckton of lunchboxes and action figures.
Well, they're not gonna get there on video games.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/fire ... cy/0222540

Really?

Post by Really? »

jet_lagg wrote:
Possibly, although there have been few Presidential candidates whose lives have been lived s scrutinized as HC's. She is often noted as being clever and self-controlled, which might suggest the Aspie (internet) diagnosis.

Why are we overlooking the possibility that a woman pushing seventy who recently had blood clots in her head and fell down and hit her head and had to wear special sunglasses for a long time to get back her eyesight and repel the dizzies might have had a ministroke, particularly in the bit where she didn't sip the drink, but blamed it on the drink?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Dumbest thing I heard today:

"Well Disney paid 4 billion for Star Wars and TFA didn't make it back, so that's technically a failure, and Sony can make money on sales of the older movies just like Disney does."

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: Or maybe the intensive grooming and conditioning process career politicians are subjected to creates something indistinguishable from an assburger? They've dedicated their lives to being all things to all people. The cold calculation is instinct. That fake smile? It feels as natural to them as yours does to your loved ones.

Why are we overlooking the possibility that a woman pushing seventy who recently had blood clots in her head and fell down and hit her head and had to wear special sunglasses for a long time to get back her eyesight and repel the dizzies might have had a ministroke, particularly in the bit where she didn't sip the drink, but blamed it on the drink?
Are you being sarcastic? I ask because (without googling) I think this was the Clinton excuse for her not appearing at a Benghazi inquiry. Not sure if you are genuinely questioning her Presidential capability or referencing that story.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Nicest of The Damned wrote:
Gumby wrote:As of now the box office for GB (both domestic and foreign) is $159,587,152 after 20 full days of release. The budget was $144 million, not counting the $100 million or so spent on marketing.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... rs2016.htm

They better sell a fuckton of lunchboxes and action figures.
Well, they're not gonna get there on video games.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/fire ... cy/0222540
Damn. Looks like Steve Shives's wife needs to guilt him into starting a Kickstarter to help Sony Entertainment recoup their investment.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:

Are you being sarcastic? I ask because (without googling) I think this was the Clinton excuse for her not appearing at a Benghazi inquiry. Not sure if you are genuinely questioning her Presidential capability or referencing that story.
No, I'm serious as an RPG to the embassy. Hillary had a blood clot in her head and she's on megatons of thinners now. For the record, I am pleased she is getting the finest of health care. If only we all had the same access.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/31/politics/ ... pitalized/

Hillary had to wear special glasses to counter her eyesight that was messed up by the brain problems.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/1 ... tacle.html

And Hillary returned to the debate stage late at one point. I'm sure the rumors that she was dealing with neurological problems had nothing to do with it, even though she has a recent history of neurological problems.

http://time.com/4156185/democratic-deba ... nton-late/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

By the way, Ilona Staller is an anagram of Real Stallion. Is there something s/h/it hasn't told us?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Lsuoma wrote:So it turns out a judge in the UK has said that the NHS can pay for a preventative HIV aimed mainly at gay men. It apparently prevents HIV from multiplying, and costs around UKL400 per month.
The NHS argues that local councils have the responsibility for preventative health.
https://washingtonpost.com/news/volokh- ... -bisexual/

So 1.8% of the men in the US identify as gay. Let's assume the UK is approximately the same. So that is potentially 0.9% of the population that is at high risk for HIV IF they are sexual promiscuous with multiple partners. Not every gay man in going to want or take it. But the ones who do want it are probably involved in high risk activity from the get go.

That 400 pound / month expense could be worth it if you consider that you are taking some of the most virulent distributors of HIV out of the game. Think of all the people who get infected on a one-off night stand, or an occasional bi-dalliance, or because their bi-male partner pulled a Richard Carrier on them.

Think of the costs of aid treatment for life?

It is entirely possible (but I don't know how to compute it) that providing this very expensive 400 pound a month medication might be the most cost effective choice.

-Soylent 6df

some guy

Post by some guy »

Really? wrote:
piginthecity wrote:I have to say that I heartily disapprove of pitters donating either to Amy's or to Dicky's as yet hypothetical fund. ...
I don't think you have much to worry about. Amy is only up to $765 and that includes Beckybooze's whole double sawbuck. It's been amazing to watch the different reaction to this case in contrast with those of Stollznow and the one against Shermer. They're not spreading the news around as much, either.

I feel like the faction that dominated the community with a paranoid witch hunt is now over the whole thing and wants to move on.
Ah, how the SJW ebegging schtick has changed. Anita, 150 grand to produce videos, and quits before done, some fatso gets (what?) 20 grand to produced comic stickers of fat people, and fails to deliver. Stolznow gets 50 grand before decided to settle before the money is all spent. Watson gets 9 grand because Radford asked her to remove a 2 year old post that no one had viewed in years, and keeps all but $20! Heina cons chumps for 10 grand for a book that will never see the light of day (and keeps it all, despite "hard promising" to return it!).

Poor Ms Frank's request was actually quite resonable in amount (just $3K) and given her circumstances (a poor grad student; so lack of a job to fund her own defense is excusable), and she can't even get to a grand.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_935516df wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:So it turns out a judge in the UK has said that the NHS can pay for a preventative HIV aimed mainly at gay men. It apparently prevents HIV from multiplying, and costs around UKL400 per month.
The NHS argues that local councils have the responsibility for preventative health.
https://washingtonpost.com/news/volokh- ... -bisexual/

So 1.8% of the men in the US identify as gay. Let's assume the UK is approximately the same. So that is potentially 0.9% of the population that is at high risk for HIV IF they are sexual promiscuous with multiple partners. Not every gay man in going to want or take it. But the ones who do want it are probably involved in high risk activity from the get go.

That 400 pound / month expense could be worth it if you consider that you are taking some of the most virulent distributors of HIV out of the game. Think of all the people who get infected on a one-off night stand, or an occasional bi-dalliance, or because their bi-male partner pulled a Richard Carrier on them.

Think of the costs of aid treatment for life?

It is entirely possible (but I don't know how to compute it) that providing this very expensive 400 pound a month medication might be the most cost effective choice.

-Soylent 6df
How the hell is it 2/100? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm a little shocked. I'm an extremely boring straight male who happens to love people of all colors and stripes, so I've always embraced my gay acquaintances and I just find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm a sheltered weirdo.

British people are fucked up. So you guys have a health service that will pay 400 whatevers a month so you can prevent yourself from getting a relatively preventable disease, but in America, stupid people complain about ten bucks a month for birth control pills.

Maybe we lost the Revolutionary War.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
Really? wrote:
No, I'm serious as an RPG to the embassy. Hillary had a blood clot in her head and she's on megatons of thinners now. For the record, I am pleased she is getting the finest of health care. If only we all had the same access.

Hillary had to wear special glasses to counter her eyesight that was messed up by the brain problems.

And Hillary returned to the debate stage late at one point. I'm sure the rumors that she was dealing with neurological problems had nothing to do with it, even though she has a recent history of neurological problems.

A story from CNN in 2012, describing treatment for a cranial blood clot around the time of Benghazi. A Fox News story from some random ophthalmologist speculating on her spectacles. And something from Time about a woman in her late 60s needing extended/frequent bathroom breaks.

I'm not sure this is the candidacy-destroying dossier of proof you were looking for.

Really?

Post by Really? »

some guy wrote:
Really? wrote:
piginthecity wrote:I have to say that I heartily disapprove of pitters donating either to Amy's or to Dicky's as yet hypothetical fund. ...
I don't think you have much to worry about. Amy is only up to $765 and that includes Beckybooze's whole double sawbuck. It's been amazing to watch the different reaction to this case in contrast with those of Stollznow and the one against Shermer. They're not spreading the news around as much, either.

I feel like the faction that dominated the community with a paranoid witch hunt is now over the whole thing and wants to move on.
Ah, how the SJW ebegging schtick has changed. Anita, 150 grand to produce videos, and quits before done, some fatso gets (what?) 20 grand to produced comic stickers of fat people, and fails to deliver. Stolznow gets 50 grand before decided to settle before the money is all spent. Watson gets 9 grand because Radford asked her to remove a 2 year old post that no one had viewed in years, and keeps all but $20! Heina cons chumps for 10 grand for a book that will never see the light of day (and keeps it all, despite "hard promising" to return it!).

Poor Ms Frank's request was actually quite resonable in amount (just $3K) and given her circumstances (a poor grad student; so lack of a job to fund her own defense is excusable), and she can't even get to a grand.
Holy motherfuck, this is sad. Jonathan McIntosh, Anita's ex-boyfriend/puppetmaster, is at a grand total of $242 per stupid video on Patreon. Carrier is at what? $140 for a stupid blog post? And McIntosh has to spend the time pirating the media he loves, where Carrier can just accuse another woman of defaming him to make that money.

https://www.patreon.com/popdetective

This is Everyday Sexism, right? Anita pulls in millions, Jonathan pulls in hundreds.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:

A story from CNN in 2012, describing treatment for a cranial blood clot around the time of Benghazi. A Fox News story from some random ophthalmologist speculating on her spectacles. And something from Time about a woman in her late 60s needing extended/frequent bathroom breaks.

I'm not sure this is the candidacy-destroying dossier of proof you were looking for.
I care as much about the election as I do Carrier's road to redemption. It's all for laughs now.

You are free to google for more palatable sources for the same information I have presented, but remember: the Wikileaks just showed that the DNC literally controls much of the mainstream media.

I'm sure blood clots in the brain are the kind of thing that go away easily and never have a negative effect. Like a bruise while Rollerblading or cutting your finger while preparing veg for dinner.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

comslave wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Dana Hunter reviews the Ghostbuster movie. The best thing about it is there is nothing in it for men to enjoy and lots of great stuff for man haters.
So, my dear friend and fellow Orbit blogger Aoife has already told you what’s best about Holtzmann. She absolutely steals the show. She is 100% not there for the straight male gaze. I love that. I love that the only somewhat sexualized woman was for women. And I’m so sad I’m almost completely straight, because being Holtzmann is now my new life goal, and I just don’t think almost completely straight people can even come close to managing that.
Oh that and whiny man babies are assholes for not liking the movie.

The movie couldn't beat the second week run of an animated movie about pets. 'Nuff said.

Kinda shows how much Dana Hunter know about men.( I'm assuming Holtzman is the blonde with the crazy hair) I thought She looked pretty hot. So yes the straight male gaze is still in play. The fact she looked like a nerdy geek only makes the fantasy seem more a realistic possibility. ( granted I believe I read that she (Holtzman) is a lesbian, but, that's what suspension of reality is for)

Fail on that one Dana... Try again.

These internet feminists really have no clue.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
*snip*

I'm sure blood clots in the brain are the kind of thing that go away easily and never have a negative effect. Like a bruise while Rollerblading or cutting your finger while preparing veg for dinner.

From your link:

The clot was located in the vein between the brain and and the skull behind Clinton's right ear and did not result in any stroke or neurological damage, her doctors said in a statement.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Really? wrote:
*snip*

From your link:

The clot was located in the vein between the brain and and the skull behind Clinton's right ear and did not result in any stroke or neurological damage, her doctors said in a statement.
I guess she was wearing those glasses for fun or possibly a screening of Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D IMAX, needed a potty break during a crucial point during her campaign and lost control of her motor functions in a way that shocked those around her without warning because she was trying to relate to the people.

[youtube]VoOnSE2oRaQ[/youtube]

[youtube]RhhrSr-hjxY[/youtube]

I remember the mainstream news doing a lot of commentary about Hillary's brain problem and how it might or might not affect 2016...in 2012.

It's not as though they held vigil for her.

[youtube]eTLCOtt08YU[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Spike13 wrote:

Kinda shows how much Dana Hunter know about men.( I'm assuming Holtzman is the blonde with the crazy hair) I thought She looked pretty hot. So yes the straight male gaze is still in play. The fact she looked like a nerdy geek only makes the fantasy seem more a realistic possibility. ( granted I believe I read that she (Holtzman) is a lesbian, but, that's what suspension of reality is for)

Fail on that one Dana... Try again.

These internet feminists really have no clue.
Seconded. Kate McKinnon is funny and hot. I can attest to this as a lifelong heterosexual male and someone who knows funny. It's a sadness that she's just not interested in men. Oh well.

Fast forward to :50.

[youtube]QB7g8hSJ66Y[/youtube]

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:"I’m so sad I’m almost completely straight"

What the hell does that peice of meaningless self loathing actually mean? Victim points gone mad.
She's saying her sexuality, if it were portrayed as a line, would be only slightly bent.

Either she has a kink, or she's being obtuse.
It probably means that she has some lesbian fantasies ( nothing she would act on in real life)and may have even kissed a girl while drunk in college.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Oh, and not to mention, the scene in every trailer and commercial where she licks her gun like a cock... That one goes into the wank bank... But, nothing fr the straight male, nope no thing at all...

Stupid SJW's

Really?

Post by Really? »

Spike13 wrote:Oh, and not to mention, the scene in every trailer and commercial where she licks her gun like a cock... That one goes into the wank bank... But, nothing fr the straight male, nope no thing at all...

Stupid SJW's
Stop being obtuse. At no point has any feminist scholar made the claim that firearms in a film represent the male penis.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So just a follow up for those of you who was interested in my emergency room trip. Got the bill in today

http://i.imgur.com/mHEAg5v.jpg

This is why I was hesitate to go get my ball sack checked out.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I think Hillary's brain could explode like a watermelon on a Gallagher special...and she'd still do better on an IQ test than Trump.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:So just a follow up for those of you who was interested in my emergency room trip. Got the bill in today

Go to financial and request charity care. They have certain obligations, depending on your state's laws.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Really? wrote:How the hell is it 2/100? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm a little shocked. I'm an extremely boring straight male who happens to love people of all colors and stripes, so I've always embraced my gay acquaintances and I just find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm a sheltered weirdo.
The link to the Washington Post article on percentages in the US was in my original comment.
1.8% for men, 1.5% for women and 0.4% for bisexuals seems pretty much in line with most real hard core studies I have seen. Gay advocates had been say 2-5%, and has been slowly creeping up to 10%+ But these are just advocates trying to inflate their numbers to appear bigger than they really are. As if being gay has suddenly become a fashionable choice as opposed to a genetic pregestation determination.

As far as you experiences not meshing with your real life encounters, keep in mind that not every gay person is walking around with a sign on their heads, and not everyone comes across as a stereotype. The bulk fit in and are unseen unless you are looking for a hook up. Just like religion & politics, not everyone runs around constantly advertising their preferences. Not to mention available gay people tend to go to gay bars to increase their possible matches looking to hook up so they are less inclined to hang out at no-gay bars.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Go to financial and request charity care. They have certain obligations, depending on your state's laws.
This is Georgia. Charity comes from the church, not the state! No but yeah in a separate letter ( why they didn't just send it all together and save on postal) a second letter came from the hospital asking me to call a number so they can help me find a way to help pay for this.

My point was a lot of our foreign pitters just didn't understand why I was hesitating. I wanted them to see what uninsured people have to deal with.

That bill is an ultrasound, some blood work, couple of needles a small dose of medicine, and about 5 minutes labor of a doctor and nurse.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

gurugeorge wrote:

Neurological damage?

Is there a better label for the American electorate than "children who demand near-constant indulgement"?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

comhcinc wrote:This is Georgia. Charity comes from the church, not the state! No but yeah in a separate letter ( why they didn't just send it all together and save on postal) a second letter came from the hospital asking me to call a number so they can help me find a way to help pay for this.

My point was a lot of our foreign pitters just didn't understand why I was hesitating. I wanted them to see what uninsured people have to deal with.

That bill is an ultrasound, some blood work, couple of needles a small dose of medicine, and about 5 minutes labor of a doctor and nurse.
Will you be getting health care from your new employer? Or is that taking a few months to kick in?

-Soylent 6df

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_935516df wrote:
comhcinc wrote:This is Georgia. Charity comes from the church, not the state! No but yeah in a separate letter ( why they didn't just send it all together and save on postal) a second letter came from the hospital asking me to call a number so they can help me find a way to help pay for this.

Will you be getting health care from your new employer? Or is that taking a few months to kick in?

-Soylent 6df
Maybe depends if I can afford it and yeah it takes a couple of months. One way or the other it doesn't effect this bill.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_935516df wrote:
Really? wrote:How the hell is it 2/100? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm a little shocked. I'm an extremely boring straight male who happens to love people of all colors and stripes, so I've always embraced my gay acquaintances and I just find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm a sheltered weirdo.
The link to the Washington Post article on percentages in the US was in my original comment.
1.8% for men, 1.5% for women and 0.4% for bisexuals seems pretty much in line with most real hard core studies I have seen. Gay advocates had been say 2-5%, and has been slowly creeping up to 10%+ But these are just advocates trying to inflate their numbers to appear bigger than they really are. As if being gay has suddenly become a fashionable choice as opposed to a genetic pregestation determination.

As far as you experiences not meshing with your real life encounters, keep in mind that not every gay person is walking around with a sign on their heads, and not everyone comes across as a stereotype. The bulk fit in and are unseen unless you are looking for a hook up. Just like religion & politics, not everyone runs around constantly advertising their preferences. Not to mention available gay people tend to go to gay bars to increase their possible matches looking to hook up so they are less inclined to hang out at no-gay bars.
I have seen those stats too and I guess I was unclear in that it was my experience that 2% was a lowball. Maybe I just have more gay and bi friends than most.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

comhcinc wrote:So just a follow up for those of you who was interested in my emergency room trip. Got the bill in today

That's straight-up insanity.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

comhcinc wrote:Maybe depends if I can afford it and yeah it takes a couple of months. One way or the other it doesn't effect this bill.
Yes, this bill sucks.

It may have been about what you would have spent on paying for corporate health care from the get go. How much does it cost at your current company? It may be tight on your current budget, but those emergency room bills are a real killer. And with a health care plan you might have gone ahead to a regular doctor and had that taken care of at a fraction of the cost without the emergency room fee multiplier.

I know money for you right now is extremely tight. Fortunately those hospitals tend to be somewhat more flexible about payment amounts and working with you to work out an affordable payment plan so long as you work with them.

-Soylent 6df

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

rayshul wrote:

That's straight-up insanity.
What the fuck. Almost $4000 for a check-up? :shock:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I'm sorry. I guess I just never realised how fucked the healthcare system in the States were until now. That's insane.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Spike13 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:"I’m so sad I’m almost completely straight"

What the hell does that peice of meaningless self loathing actually mean? Victim points gone mad.
She's saying her sexuality, if it were portrayed as a line, would be only slightly bent.

Either she has a kink, or she's being obtuse.
It probably means that she has some lesbian fantasies ( nothing she would act on in real life)and may have even kissed a girl while drunk in college.
No. It means "I'm a completely straight woman who claims to be some value of "queer" to impress the crowd I hang out with, but I don't actually fancy women at all, so Kate McKinnon doesn't do anything for me, even if I wish she did."

feathers

Post by feathers »

Neurological damage?
How about just '(over)acting'? No need to diagnose physical or psychological ailments here. American wannabe presidents must have a thorough training in the theatrical arts if they want to be noticed at all. A cold fish like Putin wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in hell if he were a candidate in the USA.

Hilly is just taking the pantomime a wee bit far. Possibly her stage coaches told her women are supposed to react spontaneously and extrovertly, even if they'd rather not.

And then someone carefully picks out some specific moments, edits them, and repeats them a number of times in slow-motion to support the notion that she's nuts.

Why do I need to explain to Merricuns how this manipulation circus works? Now I feel like Goebbels

feathers

Post by feathers »

jet_lagg wrote:Or maybe the intensive grooming and conditioning process career politicians are subjected to creates something indistinguishable from an assburger? They've dedicated their lives to being all things to all people. The cold calculation is instinct. That fake smile? It feels as natural to them as yours does to your loved ones.
Stop ninjering me in the hollowest of the European night.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Pitchguest wrote:What the fuck. Almost $4000 for a check-up? :shock:
An emergency room 'check up.'
My understanding is that the "Urgent Care" facilities that have been popping up are far less expensive.

In the US, for those without insurance, the emergency room is the place to go because they are legally required to admit people even if they cannot afford to pay.

I appears that com *might* be eligable for Medicaid if his yearly income is less than $29,334/year.
benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1626
^Add a www in front.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Yes, a bill like that is crazy and what's more that may not be all of it - dunno what the itemized portion looked like but sometimes radiologist &/or ER doc's fees are billed separately from the facility (hospital) charges.

com, I hope Emory's Charity Care info linked here before you went in fave you reason to think you would qualify for their Charity Care...and, of course, that you do qualify!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Gateway to Reason 2 was to be held August 12-14, but due to low ticket sales (100 sold as of a week ago, out of 1100 available) the conference has been canceled:
http://www.gatewaytoreason.com/

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

I have to admit, I've become intrigued by what seems to be most atheists on Youtube turning their guns on Steve Shives, and I've looked into him a bit more to try and find out why. And my god, but he's a cock. Most of the attention seems to be focused on this video, where he complains that when he got into online atheism it was all about slagging of creationists, but now all online atheists but him are horrible bigots, not naming any names but <cough>Amazing Atheist</cough>.

[youtubePYirFeZBGwU[/youtube]

Key quote:
I thought yeah, this is a community built on reason and facts and science and empiricism, and we value objectivity and we value examining our beliefs, and examining the beliefs of others, and really honestly auditing what we think and what we say, and finding the truth no matter what it is, whether it's uncomfortable for us or not, and cutting through the cognitive bias that shapes so much of our thinking.
Shives must know what he's saying, on some level at least. He talks about "examining our beliefs", visibly realises "hang on, I don't allow any examination of my beliefs", and amends that to "the beliefs of others". And "auditing what we think and say" sounds a bit like Arthur Chu's Social Justice Stormtrooper post, where he says, "I rigorously manage my own thinking and purge myself of dangerous "unthinkable" thoughts -- "mindkill" myself -- on a regular basis."

He sounds like I did when I was still a Christian, but starting to suspect that I didn't believe it anymore, so I had to insist more strongly that I did in an effort to convince myself. And the main reason I tried to convince myself to remain a Christian was the knowledge that I'd lose friends if I stopped.

Shives comes across like a man who thinks he's trapped. I'd like to appeal to him here. Steve, you're not trapped by anything but your own pride. You know the shite you're spouting is wrong, and you also know now matter how fervently you spout it, it won't protect you when the Social Justice Gang turn on you, as they inevitably will. Look at Carrier. That's you in a few years. Maybe a few weeks. Maybe tomorrow. Join us, Steve. Come to the dark side. We have cake.

<blocked>

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

And Com, your medical bill - can we help?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Only one of us is really qualified to help.

And the rest of us missed out on the stream where we could have gotten a closer examination.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Gateway To Reason's Facebook Post wrote: July 27 at 1:51pm ·
The past two years have been wonderful with being involved with so many amazing people. In good and bad times I treasure the interaction I have had and want to promote and share this with others in their own ways.
That is one of the reason why i [Thomas True] have worked so hard with many of you to make Gateway to Reason work. But it was trending back in April that sales were just not working like last year.
Since tickets went on sale last August, less than 100 total have been sold for the conference. last year was sold out at over 400 sold. So even if I hadn't planned a bigger venue and many different speakers, I would have fallen far short of last year's break even point.
I will have more tomorrow but bottom line is there isn't enough money to make this happen.
I have talked to, messaged to or left message for all the speakers involved to let them know the sad news. No one is pleased, least of all me but they all have been gracious and understanding of the reality of what is a hard decision.
Gateway to Reason 2016 is cancelled.
While this is the cheapest route it is not free of obligations. No refunds on air line tickets, no more money coming in but speakers have committed their time to be here and some are going to be losing out due to this and that hurts me beyond measure.
While there are always ways to view things as being better, as pretty much a one person crew, I did my best and will evaluate future movements.
With that in mind, if anyone has a spare $30,000 we can keep this on track or buy about 500 tickets.
More to come.
Johnny Taylor Jr. Steve Hill Keith Lowell Jensen Jerry DeWitt James Croft Rebecca Hensler Noelle George Dana Fredsti David Fitzgerald Vyckie Garrison Darrel Ray Noelle George Stephanie Renée Guttormson William Poire Brian Dunning Matt Dillahunty Phil Ferguson Emery Emery Heather Henderson David Smalley David G. McAfee Mandisa Lateefah Thomas Faisal Saeed Al Mutar Nathan Phelps D.J. Grothe Shawna Lee Scott Lucien Greaves George Hrab Aron Ra EvolveFISH American Humanist Association United Coalition of Reason Thomas Essel Atheist Alliance International American Atheists
So they sold out last year at 400 tickets.
This year they had sold 100 tickets, and needed another 500 tickets to break even.

I guess they tried to overshoot their britches.

Here is their current year's speaker list:
https://archive.is/mRz9o
https://archive.is/rjbNq

Here is their eventbrite listing. Tickets were $50. Certainly a reasonable price.
https://eventbrite.com/e/gateway-to-rea ... erelexpmlt

Here was their 2015 speaker lineup.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

I wonder what last year's ticket price was.

-Soylent d6f

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Dana Hunter reviews the Ghostbuster movie. The best thing about it is there is nothing in it for men to enjoy and lots of great stuff for man haters.
So, my dear friend and fellow Orbit blogger Aoife has already told you what’s best about Holtzmann. She absolutely steals the show. She is 100% not there for the straight male gaze. I love that. I love that the only somewhat sexualized woman was for women. And I’m so sad I’m almost completely straight, because being Holtzmann is now my new life goal, and I just don’t think almost completely straight people can even come close to managing that.
Oh that and whiny man babies are assholes for not liking the movie.
So, I'm guessing is that her character is a lesbian, and for some reason that means that men can't find her attractive? Is that how it works?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Badger3k wrote:So, I'm guessing is that her character is a lesbian, and for some reason that means that men can't find her attractive? Is that how it works?
This sounds like a job for a scientific study!

Now all we need to do is find a large collection of videos of straight women, and a large collection of lesbians to see if it is possible to find them attractive. Does anyone have any suggestions on where one might find such an archive? If what she is saying is true, then it might be somewhat rare to find. But search and review we must. For science!

-Solyent 6df

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Badger3k wrote:
So, I'm guessing is that her character is a lesbian, and for some reason that means that men can't find her attractive? Is that how it works?
[youtube]4zXvR_jBD8o[/youtube]