The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Billie from Ockham

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Tigzy wrote:
Dave wrote: Shrug, in abstract, 1.1 million is many. In abstract, 6% is not many. It depends on context. In the context of an election, enough votes to change the outcome is usually many.
But if you factor in the 696,00 'regret remainers', it wouldn't have been enough to change the outcome. My maths would have still have the Leave camp leading with around 460,000 votes. Though admittedly, my maths has been very shitty of late, so I could very well have missed something somewhere.
No, you've got it. The net swing when both are taken into account is about 0.8M (i.e., (1.1M - 0.7M ) x 2), which is less than the original margin.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Easy J was speaking to your character, or lack thereof. You tried to manipulate people, and you're trying it again.
Mocking people for displays of hypocrisy is SP SOP. If we find nyms linked to names on the Pit, (which weren't readily discoverable as having been linked elsewhere) we've every reason to complain. Aratina and Spokesgay weren't the only ones listed here, either.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:The people that actually pay for SSA and Camp Quest, the donors and the parents who send their kids to these things should know about what Metskas and hubby have done.
Not if it's about their private sex lives, no. If they exposed actual campers to risks, yes.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:That they allowed somebody that openly dates and bangs students (and isn't at all concerned about STDs) to be in a situation that exposes him to students really doesn't speak well of their character.
Graduate students, college students, high school students, and middle school students are all in the category of "students" here. Conflating them all together in terms of sexual agency is equivocation at best, bullshit at worst.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Carrier's own words about the age of consent and infantalizing young people isn't exactly comforting.
Were those words put forth in the context of a discussion about college students or high school students? I'm okay with infantilizing one group more than the other.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:...you shouldn't get to decide for all the parents, nor the donors. Transparency and sunlight.
I agree with the sentiment, naturally. Would all the other Camp Quest parents and donors here please raise their hands?

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

d4m10n wrote:Graduate students, college students, high school students, and middle school students are all in the category of "students" here. Conflating them all together in terms of sexual agency is equivocation at best, bullshit at worst.
I agree. Guess who the asshole is that first conflated them leaving us to use his own words.

-Soylent f98

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

KiwiInOz wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:Literally nobody has accused Carrier of boinking someone underage...
Figuratively, on the other hand ...
I chose my words carefully ;) If someone wants to say some mean-spirited jokes have been made, sure. Guilty as charged. But I'm not taking any finger wagging for something that nobody here has actually done, which is accuse Carrier of being a pedophile.

Billie from Ockham

jet_lagg wrote:I chose my words carefully ;)
I've recently come to the conclusion that doing so can be a waste of time.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steersdamion wrote:
Fine. But it seems all "you" have is motive and opportunity. Nothing like an actual smoking gun, much less a dead body.
There are confessions and one public accusation plus a bunch of rumors. I would tend to be skeptical of the rumors for sure, and Amy Frank's accusation wasn't for rape or child molestation and although Carrier denies touching her it would appear, thanks to the confessions that he was breaking the rules.
No one said he shot anybody or said he was a child molester from my read. If you want to be a half decent cuntrarion at least try to accurately describe and quote the silly thing you are criticizing.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersdamion wrote:
Fine. But it seems all "you" have is motive and opportunity. Nothing like an actual smoking gun, much less a dead body.
There are confessions and one public accusation plus a bunch of rumors. I would tend to be skeptical of the rumors for sure, and Amy Frank's accusation wasn't for rape or child molestation and although Carrier denies touching her it would appear, thanks to the confessions that he was breaking the rules.
No one said he shot anybody or said he was a child molester from my read. If you want to be a half decent cuntrarion at least try to accurately describe and quote the silly thing you are criticizing.
You and Damion can review all there is and draw your own conclusions. This is only my own judgment. But the preponderance of evidence (a civil court burden, whereby a claim need only have a better than 50% chance of being true, so even just a 50.1% chance of being true would win a case) is enough for me to conclude that the general picture is probably true: Carrier pursues sex with women a lot, both one-night stands and ongoing affairs, and he often enough did so without telling his wife or his various girlfriends. His recent attempt to compel PZ Myers to retract his report of what a witness told him appeared to deny even this (that Carrier has lots of consensual trysts and affairs), which I think is disingenuous at this point.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Q: What is the very worst Carrier has done in terms of child endangerment?

A: Made a pass at a college girl, probably in her twenties.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:Q: What is the very worst Carrier has done in terms of child endangerment?

Do you have any evidence that Carrier has never propositioned an 18 or 19 year old? Carrier's statements very much put this perfectly legal scenario in play.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Graduate students, college students, high school students, and middle school students are all in the category of "students" here. Conflating them all together in terms of sexual agency is equivocation at best, bullshit at worst.
I agree. Guess who the asshole is that first conflated them leaving us to use his own words.

-Soylent f98
Don't worry about Ol' DayDays. He's just back in standard mode.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote:Q: What is the very worst Carrier has done in terms of child endangerment?

Fuuuuuuuck yoooou. It's about time you accepted the goddamn burden of proof. How are you so sure he only makes passes at chicks in their 20's when half of college students are younger than that and Carrier when asked that specific question said he considers the legal restriction his only restriction?

You're constantly asking others for evidence, but have provided none of your own. Seriously, how are you making this determination?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Really? wrote:

Do you have any evidence that Carrier has never propositioned an 18 or 19 year old? Carrier's statements very much put this perfectly legal scenario in play.
Do you have any evidence that Carrier never performed semen fetishist acts, such as bukkake, facials, creampies, sperm omelets, semen snorting, cum brushing, gokun, spitty slurpy, spiderman, or cum farting with an 18 or 19 year old? Carrier's statements very much put this perfectly legal scenario in play.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Provided she is into it.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Really? wrote:

Hahahahahaha...

Do I have any evidence that he isn't guilty of this entirely hypothetical crime against innocence?

How fucking Orwellian can you get.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Really? wrote:

Do you have any evidence that Carrier never performed semen fetishist acts, such as bukkake, facials, creampies, sperm omelets, semen snorting, cum brushing, gokun, spitty slurpy, spiderman, or cum farting with an 18 or 19 year old? Carrier's statements very much put this perfectly legal scenario in play.
I'm quite confident that Carrier has engaged in semen play and I am absolutely sure he has performed and received facials. As he told Ophelia Benson:
I’m a semen fetishist, so I enjoy all kinds of semen play with women, including facials, which I find quite sexy, provided she is into it. And in point of fact, many of my girlfriends are not (though some are), and I never expect them to be. So my example above is reversed in this case: they know what I like and why, but also that I’d never ask them to do it, much less pressure them to. And that doesn’t leave me disappointed, either, because what we are into together is perfectly exciting.
It doesn’t turn me on but it also doesn’t humiliate me if in the course of events another man’s semen gets on my face. It’s totally fine. I’m not going to freak out or worry I might catch The Gay.
http://archive.is/mpa1r

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
Really? wrote:

Hahahahahaha...

Do I have any evidence that he isn't guilty of this entirely hypothetical crime against innocence?

How fucking Orwellian can you get.
You're trying to defend Carrier against claims that he engaged in the perfectly legal activity of propositioning 18 and 19 year old students even though he insists that he has had relationships with many, many college students and insists that he adheres to all age of consent laws.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jet_lagg wrote:

Fuuuuuuuck yoooou. It's about time you accepted the goddamn burden of proof.
I'm not the one implying that anyone has crossed an unforgivable age line, but here you go...

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d14 ... 303.40.asp

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Oh and following Hugo nominated author Chuck Tingle on twitter has enriched my life immeasurably. I suggest you all do likewise.
Seriously, I haven't seen someone this committed to their character since Parsehole.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

I'm not the one implying that anyone has crossed an unforgivable age line, but here you go...

I don't know what you are talking about. We all agree that Carrier follows all federal, state and local age of consent laws as he insisted.

free thoughtpolice

jet_lagg wrote:

Fuuuuuuuck yoooou. It's about time you accepted the goddamn burden of proof. How are you so sure he only makes passes at chicks in their 20's when half of college students are younger than that and Carrier when asked that specific question said he considers the legal restriction his only restriction?

You're constantly asking others for evidence, but have provided none of your own. Seriously, how are you making this determination?
Not only asking for evidence, but ignore it when it's given and/or change the subject/ move the goalposts.
Still haven't heard that evidence that Carrier meant legal age in California and not Ohio.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

Because crossing the line from 20 to 19 is suddenly unforgivable? But congratulations, you've obscured the point that Carrier has stated himself his only restriction is the legal restriction (which I'm just going to keep repeating, since you keep dodging) by calling into question the exact percentage of teenagers that are present in a crowd Carrier is indiscriminately trying to fuck.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

jet_lagg wrote:Oh and following Hugo nominated author Chuck Tingle on twitter has enriched my life immeasurably. I suggest you all do likewise.
Seriously, I haven't seen someone this committed to their character since Parsehole.
I thought that happened a few times during horseplay but it usually turned out to be a lighter or phone in the dude's pocket.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Really? wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: Fuuuuuuuck yoooou. It's about time you accepted the goddamn burden of proof.

I don't know what you are talking about. We all agree that Carrier follows all federal, state and local age of consent laws as he insisted.
The key word was "probably" fyi.

Run the fucking numbers.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Tigzy wrote:
Dave wrote: Shrug, in abstract, 1.1 million is many. In abstract, 6% is not many. It depends on context. In the context of an election, enough votes to change the outcome is usually many.
But if you factor in the 696,00 'regret remainers', it wouldn't have been enough to change the outcome. My maths would have still have the Leave camp leading with around 460,000 votes. Though admittedly, my maths has been very shitty of late, so I could very well have missed something somewhere.
Indeed. As I said, one has to count credits and debits. I just think on context its not wrong to call the 1.1 M many. Nor even the 696k. It's all bullshit anyway. Who knows if anyone would really have changed their votes. Did anyone do an actual survey on this or is it all "estimates."

Billie from Ockham

If you ignore the stupid question(s), your opponent will claim victory. If you answer the stupid question(s), you've fallen for the distraction.

In short: you're damion'd if you do and damion'd if you don't.

But if you are going to continue discussing child endangerment, I expect someone to play the Ogvorbis card soon.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote:
Run the fucking numbers.
How about you run them? I'd be happy to see you make your case.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Damion is right about this, and people who argue with him should just read each other. Half say, it was never suggested that Carrier might fiddle with the too-young, the other half points out he has admitted that he only cares about the legal age, which is was 16 in some state. But that is blurred further when he's being compared to Saville, even if jokingly. The insinuation is in the room.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

RonSwanson wrote:
Oglebart wrote: It's interesting to see the reaction of millennial activists to unfavourable results, this is a generation that is used to getting it's way, and some of the behaviour reminds me of childish tantrums.
Speaking of Generation Snowflakes:

I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code
http://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/i-wa ... -code.html
We accompanied the proposal with a petition, signed by all of the interns (except for one who declined to sign it) and gave it to our managers to consider. Our proposal requested that we also be allowed to wear running shoes and non leather flats, as well as sandals (not flip-flops though) and other non-dress shoes that would fit under a more business casual dress code. It was mostly about the footwear, but we also incorporated a request that we not have to wear suits and/or blazers in favor of a more casual, but still professional dress code.

The next day, all of us who signed the petition were called into a meeting where we thought our proposal would be discussed. Instead, we were informed that due to our “unprofessional” behavior, we were being let go from our internships. We were told to hand in our ID badges and to gather our things and leave the property ASAP.

We were shocked. The proposal was written professionally like examples I have learned about in school, and our arguments were thought out and well-reasoned. We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Read the whole thing and the response of the advice columnist for some cringe plus some healthy dose of schadenfreude.
Count me in for the lulz.

I mentioned before that IBM had a very strict dress code?

Called out at 2:00-3:00 am. on a Sunday to a customer site? They still had to show up properly groomed in a suit and tie to replace a part in the mainframe. Just getting dressed to IBM standards took more time than replacing the part in this case . Who exactly is going to see the IBM slave monkey except for a grubby customer SE wearing a sweat shirt and pants?

Oh, and could the customer have just as easily replaced the part? Yep, except that the terms of the lease specified only someone IBM has authorized can do so.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
Really? wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

The key word was "probably" fyi.

Run the fucking numbers.
Okay. For the most recent year of actual figures, 2013, the females enrolled in college in fall (in thousands) were:

14/17 years old 270
18/19 years old 2028
20/21 years old 2293
22/24 years old 2070
25/29 years old 1704
30/34 years old 991
35 years old + 2289

Total 11515

Now bear in mind that this includes community colleges and the like, many of whom cater to older students and that don't have strong extracurricular clubs like SSA because of the nature of the student body. It's a very low estimate, but the raw numbers alone suggest that at the very least, 18% of Carrier's SSA audiences are in the 18/19 age cohort. They are also perfectly legal to have consensual sex with. The percentage is surely higher because of the kinds of institutions Carrier visited and other factors.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Run the fucking numbers.
Here you go: https://www.google.com/search?q=(140%2B2,028)/11515

Less than 20% probability that an undergrad hasn't yet reached hertwenties, based on the 2013 data.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Ah, fuck it. The link keeps breaking.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dave wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Indeed. As I said, one has to count credits and debits. I just think on context its not wrong to call the 1.1 M many. Nor even the 696k. It's all bullshit anyway. Who knows if anyone would really have changed their votes. Did anyone do an actual survey on this or is it all "estimates."
It's a pretty small sample anyway - just 1033. I did see another poll somewhere which had the 'regret Leavers' at only 2%, but I couldn't find the link. In any case, there's no real evidence that many Leavers regret their vote - a lot of it seems to come from the BBC (whose fearmongering coverage, particularly in relation to the 'new dawn of post-referendum racism', has been absolutely scandalous) finding one or two Leavers ready to exclaim that they want to change their vote...and that's about it. The BS factor in post-referendum attitudes is, I agree, significant.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sulman wrote:Absolutely no idea why that went twice.
Blame it on an "algorithm glitch".

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:That they allowed somebody that openly dates and bangs students (and isn't at all concerned about STDs) to be in a situation that exposes him to students really doesn't speak well of their character.
I'm wondering if you think that Carrier is the only person who uses SSA and CQ activities as opportunities for sex with students. It seems very likely to me that there are many people doing that. Does that trouble you any, and if so, do you think SSA and CQ should be doing anything about it?

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

dickhindley.png
(34.96 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jimhabegger wrote:
I'm wondering if you think that Carrier is the only person who uses SSA and CQ activities as opportunities for sex with students. It seems very likely to me that there are many people doing that. Does that trouble you any, and if so, do you think SSA and CQ should be doing anything about it?
There is zero evidence that this is happening at CQ. Potentially libelous to suggest otherwise.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Run the fucking numbers.

Less than 20% probability that an undergrad hasn't yet reached hertwenties, based on the 2013 data.
I ran the numbers. 18%. So? If there are 50 women in the room, there are 9 18/19 year olds. And that counts ALL post-secondary institutions, including night school and other places where you are more likely to see older students.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Run the fucking numbers.

So only a 20% chance Carrier has fucked a teenager as opposed to a 50% chance. I won't even check your math. I'd be happy to use those stats to make my case, and you're an idiot if you think that wouldn't concern the average person.

What was the nature of your relationship with Metskas again? :P

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: How about you run them? I'd be happy to see you make your case.

So only a 20% chance Carrier has fucked a teenager as opposed to a 50% chance. I won't even check your math. I'd be happy to use those stats to make my case, and you're an idiot if you think that wouldn't concern the average person.

I've met her once or twice, at atheist events such as Camp Quest. Unlike most everyone here, I'm actually involved with these groups IRL.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote: There is zero evidence that this is happening at CQ. Potentially libelous to suggest otherwise.
You keep using that phrase "zero evidence". I do not think it means what you think it means.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Keep harping on your lived experience Damion, because that's all you've got in this fight.

And I intended to be involved in Camp Quest now that my generation of the family is having kids of their own, but given the disingenuous shit I'm getting from you, and I've seen on FB, I might have to reconsider.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:Why police were called to a South Jersey third-grade class party

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/ ... ?mobi=true

What can you say? :roll:

Not a laughing matter for the kid but when some authority makes an unreasonable policy the best thing to do to fuck them up is to follow it strictly.

Looks like that is exactly what happened here:
The police and schools were also advised that they should report "just about every incident" to the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency, Carey said.

Previously, the school district, following the state's Memorandum of Agreement Between Education and Law Enforcement Officials, had only reported incidents it deemed serious, like those involving weapons, drugs, or sexual misconduct. Both Carey and School Board President David Routzahn described the protocol set forth after that May meeting as a significant change in procedure.

"It was a pretty clear directive that we questioned vehemently," Oswald said.

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

Brothers, brothers. let us not fight! We should join together to fight the common enemy...

Really?

Post by Really? »

Here's perhaps a more representative sample. Last April, Carrier spoke at Miami University (Ohio) for a non-SSA group.

http://archive.is/vXzyf

Miami University has the following demographics:

Under 18 138
18-19 6588
20-21 6982
22-24 2389
25-29 913
30-34 503
35+ 1107

17707 total students

http://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/ ... 467253036#

37% of the student body is 18/19. (And how many of those 35+ are continuing ed students who don't care about attending student organizations, etc.)

Dave

Post by Dave »

jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

Only 20% chance that any given student that Carrier has fucked was 18-19. By his own claims he has had relationships with many students. If it's 3, the odds he's fucked a 18-19yo is almost 50%. If its 10, its nearly 90%. I'll stop there as presumably many in this case is less than 1.1 million.

free thoughtpolice

jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote: There is zero evidence that this is happening at CQ. Potentially libelous to suggest otherwise.
You keep using that phrase "zero evidence". I do not think it means what you think it means.
Confessions aren't evidence if they interfere with Dhimmi3ns wishful thinking.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Statements of fact:
* In the US, college undergrads are aged 18-21.

* Camp Quest counselors are aged 18 and up, but camp counselors are usually in their early 20's.

* Camp Quest campers are aged 8 - 17.

* Dicky has bragged about 'dating' college women he's met via his speaking engagements.

* Dicky has stated that in general, he is open to 'dating' girls as young as the legal age of consent, which is 16 in the state he now resides.

* Dicky only abstains from hitting on girls when he's "on the job ('OTJ')". Once he's done speaking, presenting, etc., and is in a social situation, he sees no ethical bars to him propositioning girls for sex.
I noticed all that too. Even worse, in my mind, is that he conspicuously avoided specifying *any* age that he thinks would be too young, in his own mind.

I'm wondering what is the relevance, for you, and for others here, of age, apart from whatever the laws and policies might be. I'm seeing a lot of discussion about the ages of students, and it is an issue for me, but I'll need to think about it some more to explain why. What makes it an issue for you? Is there a specific age that makes all the difference for you, in your own mind, regardless of any laws or policies, and if so, why?

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

jet_lagg wrote:Keep harping on your lived experience Damion, because that's all you've got in this fight.
I would also like to remind everyone that they have no standing to judge or question Scientology if they are not involved in any of their programs in real life.

-Soylent f98

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Dave wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote: Here you go: https://www.google.com/search?q=(140%2B2,028)/11515

Only 20% chance that any given student that Carrier has fucked was 18-19. By his own claims he has had relationships with many students. If it's 3, the odds he's fucked a 18-19yo is almost 50%.

Assuming uniform sampling, that is. That assumption may be safe, or not. We've no idea about his personal preferences wrt age, but he does seem to prefer experience to inexperience.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

hippodown wrote:

dickhindley.png
:clap:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Really? wrote:
Sulman wrote:Have you ever wondered if you can see butthurt from space?
I look forward to seeing the ending, when Daniel Craig's character is curbstomped to death by half a dozen young men because black lives matter.

[youtube]UMP6bXnXdZM[/youtube]
It's really tedious. These are the same gang that howled about the negative reaction to the Ghostbusters reboot, and the same people that scream that we have to have a conversation about race, but anybody tries to do that and they shit the bed claiming it's appropriation or problematic.

White middle class Twitter is a weird fucking place. It's full of self-hating little manbabies.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jet_lagg wrote:Keep harping on your lived experience Damion, because that's all you've got in this fight.

And I intended to be involved in Camp Quest now that my generation of the family is having kids of their own, but given the disingenuous shit I'm getting from you, and I've seen on FB, I might have to reconsider.
Frankly, I'd rather you steer clear. Anyone who tends to throw around baseless accusations and foment moral panic is probably bad for the organization as a whole.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Lsuoma wrote:
Eskarina wrote:I know you're not living in the UK, but for how long can he or his successor resist the pressure from the "Leave"-voters?
I don't think there's a specific limit that can be given - it depends a lot on how the EU decides to address this, and I'm pretty sure that Cameron and the other members of the EU Council of Ministers (EU Heads of State) are currently trying to figure out how to wrong-foot the Brexiteers. Especially Gefan the reports of them having voters' remorse. Right now it's all deceit and politicking driving this, and it's impossible to say how it'll end. However, it's created problems that aren't going away for at least a generation and it won't take much to stir the dust up again.

I'm interested in seeing what's going to be the fallout from the attack in Constantinople: so far nobody has had the courage to touch it, since the other side will yell blue fucking murder at the first one that does.
Thanks for the reply. I'm just really curious because in most of the scenarios I found on how to avoid the Brexit, the wishes of the Brexiteers are neglected. Which is not unusual, of course.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Parody Accountant wrote:Provided she is into it.
Not many people know what a Spiderman is...

some guy

Post by some guy »

Oglebart wrote:A good write up that I saw over at KIwi Farms about a backer of Brianna Wu's Kickstarter that has become fed up at the endless waiting for her game to be released on Steam.

Where's the fucking game Wu?? :mrgreen:
She ain't got nuttin on Heina: Here's Ms Dadabhoy's time line:

Heina Dadabhoy kickstarter
raised ~10K as of end of campaign, Aug 24, 2012.

Aug 24 2012: (First update since the end of the fundraising campaign) She thanks her backers. then:
"My next immediate step ... will be to launch a webpage. Be on the lookout for that within the month." (No website was ever set up.)

A 3 month gap until the next update...

Nov 19 2012: "My manuscript should be done by the end of the year." (It wasn't)
Backer comments:
Greg Cason on April 25, 2013: "Hi Heina. Any further updates? I'm so anxious to read the book! Thanks,"

Marc Baker on April 30, 2013: "Hello Heina, Please let us know where you're at in the process. Thanks!:

Leah Weaver on May 31, 2013: "Hi, just wondering what the status of the project is. Thank you!"

A 7 month gap until the next update...

Jun 20 2013: "I'm working on it and I hope to be done within the next 4 weeks" (She wasn't)
She lists "I neglected to post any updates for many months." as a mistake. (Which, as you will see, apparently turned into a habit.)
Selected backer comments:
James LeRoux on June 20, 2013: "Yay upcoming book! I'm looking forward to reading it, and I hope you give it the time and effort it deserves."

Jamie Bernstein on June 21, 2013: "Heina, I'm so fucking proud of you! Seriously. I can't wait to see the final product!"

Jim B on October 31, 2013: "Heina, could we get another update about where things stand? It is better to hear that you are still a month away from finishing rather than getting five months of silence. Thanks"

A 5 month gap until the next update...

Nov 20 2013 "I should have my manuscript into my publisher by year's end." (She didn't)
"A lot of things got in the way, but nothing will get in the way of my fulfilling my promise to have a book for you." (Apparently she did let things get in the way).
Ericka Otterman on November 20, 2013: "Getting this email notification is making me do the "Happy New-Book-I-Want-To-Read-Is-Coming-Out-Soonish Dance."

chris koontz on January 20, 2014: "Any update?"

Richard Murray on April 29, 2014: "So... did that manuscript get in? I'd love to hear an occasional update on the process."

A 6 month gap until the next update...

May 27 2014: "I will make a solid promise: If I do not submit the manuscript to Pitchstone Publishing by this fall, I will refund your money. ... that is my pledge." (bold in original! She did not refund anyone's money.)
Ryan Moran on July 19, 2014: "... I'm confident the finished product will be awesome, ..."

Jason Murray on September 29, 2014: "So Autumn is here. Any word on an update? ... I would simply like to know if or when I can expect to receive it. Could you please update your backers."

Richard Murray on November 25, 2014: "So... Winter's coming December 21st... any update?"

A 10 month gap until the next update...

March 8 2015: "A *hard date* has been set for publication: December 2015." (that *hard date* turned out to be not so hard: first pushed back 3 months to March 2016, then another 4 months to July 2016, and now another 5 months to Dec 2016) "I *will* be posting little backer-only updates containing some pre-edited text in the coming weeks and months." (She never did.)
Selected Backer comments:
Ericka Otterman on March 8, 2015: "Yay! *happy dance*"

Richard Murray on March 8, 2015: 'That sounds nice, but you could have posted a update since May of last year. It's been nearly a year since the last update stating "If I do not submit the manuscript to Pitchstone Publishing by this fall, I will refund your money." No email, twitter, facebook replies when I tried to contact you about status of the project. Is the manuscript complete and in their hands? With editors, etc? A hard date based on an in-hand manuscrip, or is this contingent on you hitting some sort of deadines?"

Richard Murray on March 8, 2015: "What's up, Heina? You block me from seeing your facebook because I commented here to ask you a question and you said (before blocking me) that you weren't fussed by my comment because I'm an anti-feminist that doesn't matter? Classy. When are those refunds being processed?"

Richard Murray on March 31, 2015: "Heina; In our chat on Facebook Messenger on March 9th, you had mentioned "I will be posting weekly updates". So, how's things?"

Richard Murray on September 14, 2015: "Amazon's listing this as "Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on October 1 2015." Is that correct?"

Gabe Krabbe on November 2, 2015: "Hi Heina - it's now 1 month before Pitchstone's hard date; any news about the ebook versions your update said they'd ship about 3 months ahead?"

Jason Murray on December 12, 2015: "Hey Heina - given that we are now well in to December 2015, is there any word on if or when your backers can ever expect to receive your book?"

Del M on December 24, 2015: "It's now listed as being released March 31, 2016"

Jim B on February 19, 2016: "Amazon now says July 31, 2016"

Matt Jamont on April 7, 2016: "Hi Heina, Any news? There haven't been any updates for over a year. I'm just curious where the project is at..."

Gabe Krabbe on April 21, 2016: "According to [Amazon], the expected publication date is July 2016. That would make the three-months-before shipping date about now. But after the complete lack of effort H has put into communicating here in the past, I will continue not to hold my breath."

Jason Youngberg on May 16, 2016: "Any word on this? I'd really like my copy of the book."

Jim B on June 25, 2016: "Amazon is now showing a publishing date of Dec 6, 2016."

A 15+ month gap (and counting) since the last update...

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

d4m10n wrote:

Frankly, I'd rather you steer clear. Anyone who tends to throw around baseless accusations and foment moral panic is probably bad for the organization as a whole.
Now who sounds like the SJWs ? Dismissing valid concerns and then wondering why your organization shrivels to nothing. If you're at all representative of the secular scene it deserves to die.

Dave

Post by Dave »

d4m10n wrote:
Dave wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

Only 20% chance that any given student that Carrier has fucked was 18-19. By his own claims he has had relationships with many students. If it's 3, the odds he's fucked a 18-19yo is almost 50%.

Assuming uniform sampling, that is. That assumption may be safe, or not. We've no idea about his personal preferences wrt age, but he does seem to prefer experience to inexperience.
If we don't assume uniform sampling, all your crap about running the numbers is so much horseshit.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Sulman wrote:Don't read the following tweets from that if you like your blood pressure low.
It's like watching feminist, lesbian porn. Ewwwwww. :shock:
Is that where they just snuggle, or CosPlay at being CEO?
They discuss the political importance of every move.

free thoughtpolice

D3mi0n wrote:
So you're calling Amy Frank a slut now?