The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Cnutella

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Cnutella »

Brive1987 wrote:And why is Amy trying draw animals again?

(Octo-thing done in the characteristic Surly style)

M'sieur, you have borked the image. I'm looking forward to seeing it because Surly Amy's art always cheers me up...

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Oh no wait, nm. I belatedly see what you did there..

I had my fingers crossed for a new magnus opus along the lines of "Baby Tardocerus" or "Infected Jizz"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Does anyone know how to date this page?

https://campquestwest.secure.force.com/ ... 000003dOni

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

JackSkeptic wrote:As to Damion I do not see him trying to lay any entrapments so whatever. If we all thought the same it would be very boring. Anyway he earned a lot of points from me for his performance on the Sargon podcast.
Do you remember when he did this?:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 33#p252533

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
D4M10N wrote:You mean 18-y.o.'s, right? If you mean 16-17, then it must've happened at some other camp, outside of California.
I've made perfectly clear, as have Billie, Jet-Lagg, deLurch, et al., what age range we're talking about. It's fascinating to watch you continue to dick around with the ages, as if that somehow will confuse us, distract everyone from the main point, and let you win the debate by default.

The legal age of consent varies from state to state, as you must know. If you are accusing Richard Carrier of trying to seduce students under 18, by all means, simply say so. If so, where exactly do you think this might have happened? If not, why imply campers are somehow endangered?
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:What makes this one fun is that Damion actually cares about this. This is near and dear to what passes for his heart. Some of his bluster and cluster is an actual attempt to distract from Camp Quest's blunders and the likely perversions going on in management. It really wasn't set up to be Carrier's hunting ground because of Damion's feels and reasons, bro...
Of course I care about it. Unlike almost everyone here, I've actually seen the joy that it brings to these kids year after year. If you take down SSA, nothing really changes. The independent student-run chapters simply rebrand and carry on. If you take down Camp Quest, you take away the one week out of the year where these kids get to feel like themselves without having to put up the usual mental barriers.

Let's talk about these alleged blunders, though. What is the best evidence that they brought Carrier in to interact with campers subsequent to his SSA-related misconduct, which was reported in April 2015? If that really happened, it was undoubtedly a serious blunder. Did it?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Mothra's Dentist wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Mothra's Dentist wrote:For anyone interested in mob violence, file this under When the left becomes more fascistic than the right. Here is a new clip from the recent fighting in Sacramento recently. The woman is the leader of ByAnyMeansNecessary (BAMN), Yvette Felarca. Go to 3:45 if you want to get to the nitty gritty.

[youtube]76xZBgFhm6Q[/youtube]
Internet claims she teaches 7th & 8th grade at a public school in Berkeley. And recruits kids into a violent cult.
Well, to be fair, in Berkeley that qualifies her only as a moderate. Nonetheless, the parents of her students can't be happy

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/06/27/ ... l-teacher/
This illustrates the symbiotic relationship between SJW crazies and death threat-issuing crazies. They both feed one another and enable one another.

We need to purge these SJWs from academia and schools. I don't care if they are thrown on the dole heap.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

gurugeorge wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In 25 words or less, summarize Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD.'s scholarly research into, and findings on, the historicity of Jesus.
The preponderance of evidence suggests that Jesus may originally have been a syncretic mythical figure who was historicized in the early 1st century AD.
That pretty much covers it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

If this has been posted before, I've missed it in the enormous amount of spunk.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Easy J wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:As to Damion I do not see him trying to lay any entrapments so whatever. If we all thought the same it would be very boring. Anyway he earned a lot of points from me for his performance on the Sargon podcast.

Oh the fee fees

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

And today I got reviews back on a paper I submitted-- comments/suggestions I can totally address, and I agree would make the paper better. We were aiming kinda high for this journal, and it might actually go in.

:hankey:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Easy J wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: I would add that Carrier emphasizes the people of that time would have had a very different understanding of reality, in which celestial planes existed and functioned much like our plane. The story then goes the original Christians believed Jesus was a purely celestial being, running about and getting crucified, what-have-you, on the celestial plane, but this understanding was lost within the next century.
He largely cribs that part of his view from Earl Doherty, who makes a much more elaborate case along those lines. Carrier banked a lot on his Bayesian hobbyhorse. The rest of his last book was mostly a generic summation of the views of the better mythicists.
As I often say about Carrier: he presents valid arguments and original ones, but never both at the same time. Basically a dung beetle who then tried to carve out a niche of his own via a juvenile misapplication of Bayes.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

[youtube]IO1GKfkjIiM[/youtube]

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

d4m10n wrote:
Easy J wrote:

Oh the fee fees
I actually blushed a bit for your sake on that one, Damey. I know you're a piece of shit & all, but that HAD to be embarrassing. Credit to you for slinking back after a long silence.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Parody Accountant wrote:[youtube]IO1GKfkjIiM[/youtube]
Hell yes. Welcome back!

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

ERV wrote:And today I got reviews back on a paper I submitted-- comments/suggestions I can totally address, and I agree would make the paper better. We were aiming kinda high for this journal, and it might actually go in.

:hankey:
That's awesome. And you did it without drenching a college bookstore in 60 gallons of water and HIV-infected Danios. At least, I imagine you didn't.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote:[youtube]IO1GKfkjIiM[/youtube]
Y hello there ol' chap

Parody Accountant

Thanks! Good to be back. My service dog kept me relatively up to date via text. Highly encourage you all to get a service dog.

It's a come back in the style of Kim Kardashian... or Richard Carrier.

[youtube]OvTkUuCVB4Y[/youtube]

Guest_3689e63c

Post by Guest_3689e63c »

57%. Hmmm. I don't think you accounted for the Rotterdam Antwerp effect there.

Guest_3689e63c

Post by Guest_3689e63c »

Oh dear, I replied to something on an 18 month old page which had linked to show some of Damion's fun and games.

No more Hobgoblin for me this evening.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm putting a Carrier page together at my wix site. When I'm not flying to Adelaide or drowning with the avalanche of 'opportunity' at the new job.

Quick question (and yes I'm trying to make sense of the Damion / Camp Quest thing)

We have Carrier specifying legal age as his floor.
We know in some states that equals 16.
So that means in general, and failing new info, he could be pinged for theoretical sub 17 'child' poon.

Now specifically we have him involved with Camp Quest West where the floor specifies 18 years.
Camp Quest West has younger than 18 year old campers but this is sub-floor.

Can we place Carrier at a Camp Quest in a 16yo legal age state? That would be useful information.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Guest_3689e63c wrote:Oh dear, I replied to something on an 18 month old page which had linked to show some of Damion's fun and games.

No more Hobgoblin for me this evening.

No worries. It's not a thread necro because it's still the same thread.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Or better yet, a Carrier quote dissing legal age laws much as he dissed the SSA ruling.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ie where he extrapolates the 16 yo rule across the board as a universal standard.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Jesus fuck, this child fucking witchhunt is becoming unbearable.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote: We're seeing eye to eye, though I used to bank on his bayesian hobbyhorse as well. It could just be a product of the way my mind works and the history of my experience, but I see a huge amount of wasted time arising from people talking past one another, basically not defining their terms precisely enough. A mathematical approach to any subject will thus appeal to me, as the ambiguity of natural language is done away with. The amount of debate that arose over something like the reference class problem with Carrier's theories was again a feature, not a bug. There had always been disagreement, but now it is more obvious precisely where the disagreement was.
It's one thing to select a reference class out of, say, the thousands or millions of people on an Rx (e.g., women?? People with heart disease?? People on another Rx??). But Dicky puts Jesus in a reference class of exactly 14 (IIRC) "mythic heroes". A class he pulls out of his ass to match his a priori concept of Jesus. Why not the class 'failed messianic prophets'? Or '1st century dudes named Yeshua'? The whole exercise is completely fucking retarded, wholly unsuited for the question. Bayes is by nature prone to GIGO (it's also been used to prove Jesus rose from the dead), and Dicky backed up a dump truck full of garbage to the formula.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Here is the awful 'English hat' that had all of the balaclava'd freedom fighters in a uproar:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cluw7kvUoAArhWe.jpg

Fuck me.

Kind of like when you go to a Trump rally waving a Mexican flag, you lose moron. You are just free advertising for Trump.
And too stupid to realize it.
Wow that's ugly. Anatole of Paris ugly.

[youtube]uJ9bnC1v1xc[/youtube]

Warning: There's lot of cultural appropriation in the video.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Does anyone know how to date this page?

https://campquestwest.secure.force.com/ ... 000003dOni
Buy it flowers and bring it to a nice restaurant. :rimshot:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

PA,

Here's a book I used to have - it's no longer in print but you may be able to find a second hand copy somewhere.

Hope you will find it of interest.
Stranded.jpg
(90.61 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

gurugeorge wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In 25 words or less, summarize Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD.'s scholarly research into, and findings on, the historicity of Jesus.
The preponderance of evidence suggests that Jesus may originally have been a syncretic mythical figure who was historicized in the early 1st century AD.
That's just mythicism in general. (though I'd move the historicization to the mid- 2nd)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:I'm putting a Carrier page together at my wix site. When I'm not flying to Adelaide or drowning with the avalanche of 'opportunity' at the new job.

Quick question (and yes I'm trying to make sense of the Damion / Camp Quest thing)

So that means in general, and failing new info, he could be pinged for theoretical sub 17 'child' poon.

Now specifically we have him involved with Camp Quest West where the floor specifies 18 years.

Can we place Carrier at a Camp Quest in a 16yo legal age state? That would be useful information.
No. He was involved with Camp Quest West in California in 2007 & 2009. No other states.

The reason it comes up is because he moved to Columbus where Camp Quest is based, is heavily involved with the head of Camp Quest, and on his facebook account it was posted that he works at Camp Quest while he was on a week long road trip with Mrs. Camp Quest.

This instigated the freak out by Amy Frank. This resulted in Carrier denying he posted that on facebook and claiming he has no idea how it got there. (And if it wasn't him, that would leave Mrs. Camp Quest as the person with ample access to his phone or laptop during the trip.)

And Camp Quest's facebook account rejects claims that Carrier has been involved with Camp Quest since 2009.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: It's one thing to select a reference class out of, say, the thousands or millions of people on an Rx (e.g., women?? People with heart disease?? People on another Rx??). But Dicky puts Jesus in a reference class of exactly 14 (IIRC) "mythic heroes". A class he pulls out of his ass to match his a priori concept of Jesus. Why not the class 'failed messianic prophets'? Or '1st century dudes named Yeshua'? The whole exercise is completely fucking retarded, wholly unsuited for the question. Bayes is by nature prone to GIGO (it's also been used to prove Jesus rose from the dead), and Dicky backed up a dump truck full of garbage to the formula.
Next you'll tell us that his work on Unified Field Theory should also be discounted.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Andrew, I'm going a bit into the details here, so it'll be a bit lengthy, but I find your collection of links quite telling: all of them are months old, of the 5 I can see none gives any numbers that would allow you to say the number of sexual assault/violent rape is on the rise. Three of them deal with an incident that was thoroughly debunked in the meantime (and that means: like 3 months ago). Whoever provided you with the links obviously didn't include corrections. Wonder how that happened. Anyway:
AndrewV69 wrote:Meanwhile,

If I am reading the reports correctly, the number of actual criminal sexual assault, including violent rape (the real kind, when women are beaten into submission first if they object) are growing all across Germany. The perps are usually "migrants" that Angela Merkel apparently let into the country.
The links you delivered don't tell any of this. There were rapes, without doubt, by people who came here last year. Which is not that surprising given that we're speaking of between 500k and 1mio people, many of them young men (numbers differ because quite a lot seem to have been counted twice and thrice and there was no accounting for people leaving again, e.g. to enter Denmark, Sweden or France; others seem to have come illegaly from other European countries they already were staying in). Some of these were bizarre where women or girls were assaulted or raped at baths. A lot of them seem to be connected to the fucked-up, Islam-fuelled cultures the culprits come from with people not even showing any understanding they're trying to commit a serious felony. But don't confuse media attention with actual numbers or threat assessments: remember, from Germany it looks like gun violence is a common part of your American suburbian experience.

Just today I read a long and up-to-date analysis about what is known of the Cologne attacks on new year eve in Zeit Magazin (link only in German, sorry). 5 women notified the police of actual rape in the days after the attack: all of the nature of fingers inserted. This is rape and it is traumatizing enough for the women, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't fit your description of "violent rape" (the real kind, when women are beaten into submission first if they object)". This is important because the other links you provided don't include a single rape at all, not even a sexual assault.
All these articles describe a single incident that was reported as follows: a group of 20-30 migrants following, sexually assaulting and filming a group of three underage girls (15, 16, 17 y.o.).
What actually had happened seems to have been this: The 3 girls were approached by two Afghan boys (17 y.o.) who tried to pick them up (but did not sexually assault or film them). This is just after Cologne so the girls are somewhat scared and leave. The boys let them go and meet up with other migrant men. The girls, seeing this, panic (again, just at the height of the Cologne attack media discussion). Someone calls the police. The police arrests the Afghan boys. Their cell phones are checked. Witnesses are questioned. Nothing really had happened but a failed pick-up by two 17 year-olds without any violence or coercion and three girls who panicked.

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/z ... of160.html
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/sop ... -1.2938261

It is a fascinating incident but not for the reason you think. The police, afraid they may underreport the incident as they were accused after the Cologne attacks, sent out a press release immidiately: it just reports the first impression of 30 people, most of them brown, attacking 3 underage girls. The press, also afraid they may underreport the incident just as they were accused after the Cologne attacks, immediately jump on it, don't independently check the facts at all, and for several days this was the new Cologne with pundits, politicians and columnists all going nuts about it - without knowing any facts. It only dies down when after several days the police report they have to check everything first and maybe that initial report was not how it was happening.
One month later(!) the police closes the investigation and has to report that nothing of the earlier brouhaha was borne out in facts.

Another three months later the links of the original, fully debunked reports still make the rounds and are presented as facts (not your fault, I guess, because I think you got it somewhere else).

Make of that what you will.
That link doesn't work for me. Bild has a adblock-blocker and this only brings me to their main site even if I disable mine. Which I wish not to do again because Bild is a fucked-up tabloid which I feel about like some people seem to feel about D3m70n.
This is a discussion about how to report criminal incidences where Muslims/immigrants/brown people are involved. Usually, the press (by their own ethical guidelines) would only report the origin, religion or ethnicity of a suspect if there were clear factual connection to the crime. The same would be done in police press releases. This changed after Cologne, if not in the regulations then in practice (see Zeit article above). That's a whole different discussion, but one that was actually had in length after Cologne.
The article mentions some fist fights migrants had between themselves and one guy beating his pregnant wife, but no rapes or sexual assaults.
I can not be the only one who is aware of the reports coming out of Germany can I?
We Germans are aware. It doesn't help to spread false reports, though. And not to lose perspectice on how big the problem really is - with regards to numbers, not the pain of the actual victims. Again, see gun violence reporting and draw the connection.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Brive1987 wrote:I'm putting a Carrier page together at my wix site. When I'm not flying to Adelaide or drowning with the avalanche of 'opportunity' at the new job.

I love how Brive compiles all these files, logs, flowcharts, and timesheets. I wish I had that level of autism.

;)

Really?

Post by Really? »

In Carrier's defense, his "Sex and Sexism in Ancient Rome" talk (seemingly dedicated to finding a historical basis for polyamory and making his cheating look like nothing by comparison) is online, as are his notes. Following the talk from his notes is very easy, as his talk basically consists of him reading his notes.

Carrier seems appropriately disgusted by the Roman age of consent of 12 and not quite thrilled that 14 was when most came of sexual age.
Second: age of consent was twelve
• Although it appears mostly sexual activity started at 14
• (women typically married at that age or not far from)
• But it wasn't stuprum unless they were under 12
• Even having sex with a slave under age was a sex crime
• And teen boys & girls were granted more autonomy than now
• But no one anguished over mental competence of teenagers to consent
• And slaves had no choice
• So normalized, just a thing boys and girls developed skills to cope with
• Many maybe pursued their sexual autonomy at that young age, but still
http://archive.is/Z8Cxv

Carrier also does an extensive discussion of prostitutes. We know how he feels about "high class courtesans."

[youtube]0yP80YPDSRo[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:Or better yet, a Carrier quote dissing legal age laws much as he dissed the SSA ruling.
The best I can think of are quotes of Carrier accusing people of "ageism" & being "ageist" by dissing his targeting "young women." But the context of this is in regards to college aged girls.

Parody Accountant

MarcusAu wrote:PA,

Here's a book I used to have - it's no longer in print but you may be able to find a second hand copy somewhere.

Stranded.jpg
Um. 150$... saw the paperback go for $500. Looks really amazing though. My service dog alerted me to it a few months ago.

I checked some book torrent sites, couldn't find it ):

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

DW Adams wrote:Jesus fuck, this child fucking witchhunt is becoming unbearable.
So refute it or ignore it. In the long run, those involved are not trying to pin Carrier for banging barely legal. It is pointing out that the poor decisions by the married couple that run SSA/Camp Quest have resulted in a potential PR nightmare for them and a black mark for atheist organizations everywhere.

Damion, pay attention. You have the polyamorous wife of SSA, who is the head of CQ banging Carrier. You have Carrier's own words that he will have sex with people of the age of consent. You have Carrier bragging that he has slept with students. You have a complaint against Carrier, but instead of removing him entirely, you have him skirting the rules and yet still getting gigs. You have the mysterious Facebook announcement that Carrier was now working for CQ during the drive to Carrier's new home, coincidentally the loccation of CQ headquarters, as Carrier was driving and banging (hopefully not at the same time) the head of CQ and the wife of the SSA.

Really, how is this NOT a mistake on SSA/CQ?

Parody Accountant

Where is Carrier writing now?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:Where is Carrier writing now?
Nowhere. But he will be setting up shop on richardcarrier.info
He does have a facebook account.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Stranded.jpg
Um. 150$... saw the paperback go for $500. Looks really amazing though. My service dog alerted me to it a few months ago.

PA! We all assumed the cirrhosis had got you. Welcome back!

Parody Accountant

That's a good assumption to make screwtape. Haha I don't drink anymore though.

But I did start a band called The Drug Boys.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Parody Accountant wrote:That's a good assumption to make screwtape. Haha I don't drink any more though.
Are you drinking any less?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

It is almost as if some folks have stared into the abyss, while the abyss stared back into them.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Stranded.jpg

PA, I am sorry hear you haven't found fulfillment in your quest for Dix. I'm sure that one day you'll find a learherbound one that's in your price range.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
So refute it or ignore it. In the long run, those involved are not trying to pin Carrier for banging barely legal. It is pointing out that the poor decisions by the married couple that run SSA/Camp Quest have resulted in a potential PR nightmare for them and a black mark for atheist organizations everywhere.

Damion, pay attention. You have the polyamorous wife of SSA, who is the head of CQ banging Carrier. You have Carrier's own words that he will have sex with people of the age of consent. You have Carrier bragging that he has slept with students. You have a complaint against Carrier, but instead of removing him entirely, you have him skirting the rules and yet still getting gigs. You have the mysterious Facebook announcement that Carrier was now working for CQ during the drive to Carrier's new home, coincidentally the loccation of CQ headquarters, as Carrier was driving and banging (hopefully not at the same time) the head of CQ and the wife of the SSA.

Really, how is this NOT a mistake on SSA/CQ?
And all the while Carrier was doing all of this, he and his former FTB allies were broadcasting every lie they could get their hands on to put black marks on JREF, CFI and every other possible organization. Carrier himself participated in the witch hunt, saying shit like this about Shermer:
Because I also believe the preponderance of evidence is sufficient to conclude Shermer probably has crossed moral lines. I have seen enough evidence to establish, in my own mind, at least a 50.1% chance that Shermer has not just cheated or fooled around, but has left a wake of victimized women in his path, that he has not conducted himself morally, and that he is probably not good or safe company (especially for women). Again, I am not witness to this. I am only inferring it from what has been said online by those who do claim to have witnessed evidence of it.
If JREF/CFI are evil and hate women because they didn't simply take Stollznow at her lies and even spent money to uncover those still-unacknowledged lies, why shouldn't we apply the same scrutiny to SSA and to Camp Quest? SSA knew Carrier was poonhounding their events all across the country. They did nothing. They quietly gave him a non-punishment that Carrier, amazingly, interpreted as a license to poonhound. The heads of SSA and Camp Quest are married and Carrier is fucking at least one of them on the regular.

Here's a visual description of the SJW atheist/skeptic organization scene:

https://www.urbanseedling.com/wp-conten ... g-trap.jpg

Carrier is no different than the religious asswipes who screwed over secular people in the 1980s by lying about them and then demanded forgiveness when their hypocrisy was brought to light.

I, for one, think that Carrier should be given a place of honor at this year's Skepticon:

[youtube]Q1OXAi7rNMg[/youtube]

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

JackSkeptic wrote:To be fair I have head Carrier on a podcast and he comes across as intelligent and erudite. I am no expert but he did seem to have a wide and detailed knowledge of his topic. He was calm, kind and patient with the interviewer.
I saw him in that documentary The God Who Wasn't There aorund 2006 and he was doing fine then (must be careful, haven't watched in a long time). I even checked up on Moral Sense Without God or however his book was called but that was either out of press or so expensive (and me quite poor) I didn't get a copy.

Now I'll just wait for the special edition bound in his own stretched foreskin that he probably will have to offer next year. I hear it will be quite valuable after his inevitable canonization.
It is a shame he clearly has NPD or he could have gone places. I think it is his NPD that caused him to fall head first into the SJW insanity. In some ways I see him as a victim, one of many thousands like him.
I really can't tell the difference aynmore between an aspergian narcissist, a confident autist, and a sociopathic fabulist. As a frequent self-diagnoser this makes me nervous.

Parody Accountant

Is Mrs. Camp Quest a public person / a person with pictures prominently displayed? I've seen lots of Auggie. Didn't know he was cucked by autistic jizzers

Parody Accountant

Provided she was into it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:Is Mrs. Camp Quest a public person / a person with pictures prominently displayed? I've seen lots of Auggie. Didn't know he was cucked by autistic jizzers
Yes. Amanda K. Metskas. I tend to call her Mrs. Camp Quest because I don't really think either her or Camp Quest is really all that relevant, so it isn't worth remembering her name.

https://i.sli.mg/Rhs35A.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/a6Tz98.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/tr8qAd.jpg

Guest_62726bcf

Post by Guest_62726bcf »

There might not be a budget, but Illinois could become the first state with a law on the books that gives Muslims a formal voice in government.

The creation of an Illinois Muslim-American Advisory Council is one of more than 400 bills awaiting Gov. Bruce Rauner's signature.

I'm not allowed to post urls, so Google it yourself.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have the polyamorous wife of SSA, who is the head of CQ banging Carrier.
Consenting adults, none of (y)our business.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have Carrier's own words that he will have sex with people of the age of consent.
In context, talking about California.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have Carrier bragging that he has slept with students.
Dated, but probably yeah.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have a complaint against Carrier, but instead of removing him entirely, you have him skirting the rules and yet still getting gigs.
I wholeheartedly called bullshit on that.
SSA should have at the very least warned their affiliates prior to going into a full PR meltdown.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have the mysterious Facebook announcement that Carrier was now working for CQ during the drive to Carrier's new home, coincidentally the location of CQ headquarters, as Carrier was driving and banging (hopefully not at the same time) the head of CQ and the wife of the SSA.

He has never been employed by CQ, so far as anyone can tell. He was a guest speaker some years ago.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Really, how is this NOT a mistake on SSA/CQ?
It is not a mistake on the part of CQ if he was never linked to them (in real life, not on a glitchy social media platform) subsequent to his alleged sexual misconduct at SSA.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_62726bcf wrote:There might not be a budget, but Illinois could become the first state with a law on the books that gives Muslims a formal voice in government.

The creation of an Illinois Muslim-American Advisory Council is one of more than 400 bills awaiting Gov. Bruce Rauner's signature.

I'm not allowed to post urls, so Google it yourself.
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/MAAC/Pages/default.aspx

Muslim American?

Christian American?
Atheist American?
Scientologist American?

Keating

Post by Keating »

I wish people would stop posting pictures of PZ's meals. They're throughly unappetising.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

feathers wrote:If this has been posted before, I've missed it in the enormous amount of spunk.

Basically... yeah. But at least Farage is happy. Silver lining.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have the polyamorous wife of SSA, who is the head of CQ banging Carrier.
Consenting adults, none of (y)our business.
Normally yes.

However it would explain why Carrier posted that he worked for Camp Quest on his Facebook account during their week long road trip.

It would also explain how someone banned from their speaker list got drug in to do volunteer driving for the SSA conference, and how Carrier continued to get speaking gigs at SSA affiliates, and why Richard getting banned from the speaker list was not communicated to the rest of the SSA affiliates. There was an intimate relationship which compromised the due care that the head of the SSA was supposed to exercise.

If the investigator brought in by the SSA to evaluate the Carrier situation isn't looking into this relationship and how it affected the decisions that were made, he is a fool.
d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have Carrier's own words that he will have sex with people of the age of consent.
In context, talking about California.
In context, Richard Carrier regularly travels across the country doing speaking gigs and picking up road ass.
d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:You have the mysterious Facebook announcement that Carrier was now working for CQ during the drive to Carrier's new home, coincidentally the location of CQ headquarters, as Carrier was driving and banging (hopefully not at the same time) the head of CQ and the wife of the SSA.

He has never been employed by CQ, so far as anyone can tell. He was a guest speaker some years ago.
I think Carrier & Mrs. Camp Quest are bullshitting us on their stories. I think it was a decision that got walked back as soon as Amy Frank had a conniption fit over it. In any case, an acceptable decision has been made, and I don't think it is worth while to pursue the Camp Quest thing any further.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
It is not a mistake on the part of CQ if he was never linked to them (in real life, not on a glitchy social media platform) subsequent to his alleged sexual misconduct at SSA.
To be fair, he has had dealings with them. Was he a counselor? We don't have proof of that at the moment. But he has stumped for them for years and has spoken for them.

He's also linked to them by coitus. Mrs. CampQueSSA is one of the many women worldwide that he calls "girlfriend." It is public business in the respect that he was misbehaving at his girlfriend's husband's organization. It strains the bounds of reason to say that Mrs. CampQueSSA had no idea about what Mr. CampQueSSA was telling her boyfriend about his sexual harassment complaints.

It is in the best interest of both organizations to come clean about their dealings with Carrier. There's been a lot of obfuscation and probably at least one hush money scholarship that didn't stop Mrs. CampQueSSA from thinking Carrier is a righteous dude.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Can we simply offer Carrier cash for his inside dirt on FtB?

Any of you whores willing to swap stories with him? Quid pro quo.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Service Dog wrote:Can we simply offer Carrier cash for his inside dirt on FtB?
Any of you whores willing to swap stories with him? Quid pro quo.
Any cash offer for 'dirt' on FtB from Carrier is bound to be disappointing at best. At worst we get detailed spills on their sexual liasons. The only time that real dirt of any value will be spilled is if Carrier does it out of self protection.

Guest_415b03c9

Post by Guest_415b03c9 »

It's too late, dude. Carrier is a hypocritical dickhead/actually-an-abuser-unlike-the-rest and must be destroyed somehow - we need to dig in and find some impropriety.

We even have arguments frequently used by the SJW crowd being brought up:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Before anybody begins crying too many tears, crocodile or otherwise for poor Carrier, ask yourself how exactly is he fucked?

German StrutBoatsman wrote:We Germans are aware. It doesn't help to spread false reports, though. And not to lose perspectice on how big the problem really is - with regards to numbers, not the pain of the actual victims.
I agree, lots of bullshit being peddled on the internet. Still, MENA and East African immigrants to Germany are worryingly overrepresented in criminal stats, compared to the rest. Funnily enough, aside from Turks who are generally good boys, Syrians in Germany seem to be overall underrepresented in those stats compared to other immigrants from the area:

i. imgur. com/JWX9XWq.jpg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: We're seeing eye to eye, though I used to bank on his bayesian hobbyhorse as well. It could just be a product of the way my mind works and the history of my experience, but I see a huge amount of wasted time arising from people talking past one another, basically not defining their terms precisely enough. A mathematical approach to any subject will thus appeal to me, as the ambiguity of natural language is done away with. The amount of debate that arose over something like the reference class problem with Carrier's theories was again a feature, not a bug. There had always been disagreement, but now it is more obvious precisely where the disagreement was.
It's one thing to select a reference class out of, say, the thousands or millions of people on an Rx (e.g., women?? People with heart disease?? People on another Rx??). But Dicky puts Jesus in a reference class of exactly 14 (IIRC) "mythic heroes". A class he pulls out of his ass to match his a priori concept of Jesus. Why not the class 'failed messianic prophets'? Or '1st century dudes named Yeshua'? The whole exercise is completely fucking retarded, wholly unsuited for the question. Bayes is by nature prone to GIGO (it's also been used to prove Jesus rose from the dead), and Dicky backed up a dump truck full of garbage to the formula.
I don't see how Bayes is more prone to GIGO than any other method of reasoning ("reasoning" being used in a broad sense there, since additional reasoning needs to be stacked atop bayes). You reference Craig, so it's fair to point out he was able to wield the Kalam Cosmological Argument without appealing to math. There might be a concern about about dazzling people with equations, intimidating them out of looking any further, but the equations aren't any harder to wrap my head around than regular academic language. I think it clarifies a lot of points. Carrier is easy to parody with his grand claims that everything reduces to bayes (everything also reduces to algebra, or geometry), but I still say there is something to salvage there.