The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Tigzy »

Ape+lust wrote:This could affect his income. And his situation doesn't allow much wiggle room before he's sleeping outdoors.

Maybe that battalion of girlfriends will save Mr Sex Machine from the cold.

What a spectacular dumbass.
It's a pretty damn spectacular and excruciating mid life crisis, for sure.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I think that SSA would be more likely to sue than Carrier. They have deep enough pockets and their survival could be on the line.
What would they be suing him for? It's not like he's made any of this a secret. Oh, and he has no money, so they'd have to ... I dunno ... go after his landlord or something ... Oh, wait.
Sorry, I meant SSA suing bloggers that implicated Carrier using SSA as a sex club. Greta or McCrieght or their ilk.

Sent by CorkBoard using PostItNote

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

d4m10n wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:This could affect his income. And his situation doesn't allow much wiggle room before he's sleeping outdoors.
Or it could lead him to give up his avocational satyriasis, buckle down, and become a serious professional scholar. Plenty of teaching positions at Ohio St.

Its got to effect him mentally too. Even w ith his ego, the penny has to drop soon. Surely!

johnself

Post by johnself »

d4m10n wrote:
Or it could lead him to give up his avocational satyriasis, buckle down, and become a serious professional scholar. Plenty of teaching positions at Ohio St.
...in a very competetive fields at universities which do not google applicants for obvious past sexual misconduct or care they hold crackpot views.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

comhcinc wrote:
Cool cool. Yeah for those who may be wondering, they were setting up a desk next to where I was sitting. The desk are motorized to allow you to change from sitting to standing during the day.
Cool! I want one, but I work in academia, so Not Going to Happen.

Sent from my ShoePhone using GetSmart

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

Well done damion for being the first to blog about this, by the way.

From Hell.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Sorry, I meant SSA suing bloggers that implicated Carrier using SSA as a sex club. Greta or McCrieght or their ilk.
That would be a self induced death stroke by the SSA on itself. Total Streisand.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

From the Skepticon statement.

[we are] forming a team who will be dedicated to protecting everyone at Skepticon.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 80-h187-nc

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

BarnOwl wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Cool cool. Yeah for those who may be wondering, they were setting up a desk next to where I was sitting. The desk are motorized to allow you to change from sitting to standing during the day.
Cool! I want one, but I work in academia, so Not Going to Happen.

Sent from my ShoePhone using GetSmart
You can buy your own.

http://www.varidesk.com/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube]PpG3-hLJTwU[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Sorry to disappoint but the plane landed without explosive decompression.
There still hope. One could fall out of the sky on to you for example. :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

hippodown wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

Its got to effect him mentally too. Even w ith his ego, the penny has to drop soon. Surely!
PZ (or someone) got him to write his mea culpa non apology to Benson just before the hyenas rushed past his sorry ass to take her down.

So he is not entirely oblivious to clear and present danger.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Sorry, I meant SSA suing bloggers that implicated Carrier using SSA as a sex club. Greta or McCrieght or their ilk.
That would be a self induced death stroke by the SSA on itself. Total Streisand.
True, but given their judgement in handling the matter so far, I'm not sure it's off the table.

Sent by my Bottle using Message

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:On May 31 something happened on my iPad that stopped me reading and embedding tweets from accounts which had blocked me. I could never tweet these snowflakes, but I could read em.

I didn't update either app or OS.

Twitter you are a tease.
That's Jack's fault. Randi Harper tweeted to him a list of things to make twitter less rapey. Jack said 'right on Randi' and rushed off to notch up some SJW points by implementing them. Most of them were around blocked people still being able to see your tweets.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Here's the tweet:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

hippodown wrote:Its got to effect him mentally too. Even w ith his ego, the penny has to drop soon. Surely!
Let's hope he doesn't do anything that would distract attention from cops killing black people.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

hippodown wrote:Well done damion for being the first to blog about this, by the way.

From Hell.
Thanks!

Sent from my AGM-86B using depraved heart indifference

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Sorry to disappoint but the plane landed without explosive decompression.
Remember when ER jumped the shark helicopter?

[youtube]VFcBVAwYXes[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube]jItz-uNjoZA[/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

No one ever expects to be hoist on his own Picard.

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2011 ... d-cake.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[youtube]tTiLKCYSyyM[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

BarnOwl wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Remember when ER jumped the shark helicopter?

[youtube]VFcBVAwYXes[/youtube]
No, that is the most I have every seen of that show. It reminders me of some hospital show my wife use to watch. I think there was a plane crash or something.

Also they totally stole that from M.A.S.H.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Happy hunting ground, happy hunting ground
They don't talk or act like you do
No they sure don't look like you

Who, what, when, where and why everyday
Identify every disease
I drew a blank in my language
And latin and Spanish and Greek
Thrown out, thrown out, so happy at first
I danced 'til I wore out my shoes
Now I'm in trouble, I know it
Please let me back into school

Back in the happy hunting ground
Where all around are fair, fair game
I need the happy hunting ground
'Cause all around it's not the same

How to say it, and not to offend
Well, you're still inside it's OK
As soon as a girl leaves the refuge
Out go the reason they're great
Hips are spreading, and never a smile
They always demand that they drive
Well, I've got to get back inside there
Back where at least they're alive

[Chorus]

They can sort of dance like you do
But they just can't last like you

Some are coming to learn how to read
Others to learn how to write
But I want a better selection
It's larger but poorer outside

It's fair, fair game inside [etc.]

[Chorus]

It's fair fair game inside [etc.]

[Chorus]

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Glad to know it. Thanks for the update.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

some guy

Post by some guy »

Brive1987 wrote:Richard said he recently provided CQ with advice and got return acclaim from them. Those still waters may run deeper than we know.
Actually, that is his story now, but didn't he first claim to have given them money?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Hmmm... with a Skeptic organization publicly banning him with specific (but not detailed) alllegations, I would assume that this issue has risen to the level than Hemant would actually blog about it.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Kirbmarc wrote:Yep. That's my point. It's all about Public Relations. Carrier made a minor social faux pas who was against some rules which were there to give SSA good PR (especially with the SJW crowd). He was banned from the SSA speaking circuit for a while, then his personal poly "friendship" with the heads of the organization allowed him to sneak back in.

Is this unprofessional? Yes. Bad PR? Yes. A sign that SSA is ruled by people who allow their personal friends to get a pass from behavior they are supposed to sanction in others, just like 99% or more organizations in the world? Yes.

I just don't think that what Carrier actually did is a moral scandal, a sign that he's a sexual predator preying on innocent children. It's ultimately a matter of some awkward flirting, just like ElevatorGate. The SJWs are being massive hypocrites about it, and the organizations of atheism are riddle by the same problems of every other organization in human history (what a shocker). But it's not such a big deal in the scheme of things, and going all SJW on Carrier won't help us to make people realize that the SJW standards for consent are insane.
As much as I dislike the idea of speakers fucking students, I actually agree with you enough not to argue any more. My only quibble would be the claim that 99% of all organizations would do what SSA did. I doubt that highly. I'm also still interested in the possibility that the special scholarship given to Amy was done in an unusual and unofficial manner.
If he didnt qualify it as "world wide" Id take issue. This sort of blatant nepotism is highly frowned upon in the US and Western Europe. It still happens but is generally better hidden. But Asia and South America, Pezuz-fuck its bad there. So world wide, he might get 90+%. (In adding in a bit of wiggle room.)

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

johnself wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Or it could lead him to give up his avocational satyriasis, buckle down, and become a serious professional scholar. Plenty of teaching positions at Ohio St.
...in a very competetive fields at universities which do not google applicants for obvious past sexual misconduct or care they hold crackpot views.
Well, he could apply to be the tutor of the Ohio State marching band. Just sayin'.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

some guy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Richard said he recently provided CQ with advice and got return acclaim from them. Those still waters may run deeper than we know.
Actually, that is his story now, but didn't he first claim to have given them money?
Yes. He has been changing his story when his initial story was shown to have been a lie. We can never really trust Carrier to be honest and forthright.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I’ve spoken to a Skepticon organizer. The pattern there is similar, except that the expressions of sexual interest were repeated, though more deniably after they weren’t reciprocated. I’ve also spoken with two other people who don’t wish to come forward publicly. Both have been on the receiving end of Carrier’s unwanted interest. In both cases, he met their polite deferral of his interest with more blunt expressions of interest. There are also very troubling aspects of how Carrier spoke of these people to others. I won’t go into that in detail because it has the potential to identify them.
Well, on one hand, I guess Zvan deserves some acknowledgment for manning up and being the first person on the SJW side to do more than signal-boost the original story.

Oh the other: "His claws! He's stretching his claws!"

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

deLurch wrote:
some guy wrote:
Yes. He has been changing his story when his initial story was shown to have been a lie. We can never really trust Carrier to be honest and forthright.

Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

https://www.nationalreview.com/sites/de ... llum_0.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

[youtube]yM25-lz1Yms[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Com, I am sorry I called you a cunt.

Damion, I still think you're an intolerable asshole, but thank you for your blog post.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I wonder if The Yet I will roar again? Getting Carrier in the comment section on this one would be priceless. I'd settle for access to FuN backchannel.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I wonder if The Yet I will roar again? Getting Carrier in the comment section on this one would be priceless. I'd settle for access to FuN backchannel.
FtB, although fun it would be.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

comhcinc wrote: Actually you missed the more telling part of that to me.
We support the accusers
Not victims. Accusers.
Yep.

Also, Skepticon have updated their sticker scheme.

https://skepticon.org/policy/

They've abandoned the red sticker and replaced it with blue - presumably due to the connotations the colour red has with danger etc (and all of us laughing at them).

What's made me giggle is how they justify their sticker policy...
“Color communication badges are a good aid because they allow people to express their current communication preference quickly, nonverbally, and simply – people can change what card is showing if their preference changes. They are a good way to prevent situations where someone is caught in a social situation they do not want to be in, or situations where someone wants to talk but can’t initiate. This means that communication badges can help make conferences, conventions, meetings, college campuses, and other spaces more accessible. People with communication impairments, people who have trouble expressing their communication preferences, and people who have trouble reading social cues about communication preference, may find color communication badges useful. Color communication badges also help all people, abled or disabled, to more easily and effectively let people know whether they want to be approached for conversations or not. This can creates a positive impact on the social atmosphere where communication badges are being used.”
Only that's not Skepticon's own words - that nugget of advice actually comes from none other than Autistic Advocacy.

http://autisticadvocacy.org/wp-content/ ... Badges.pdf

No wonder these idiots have such a hard time interacting with each other.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Cnutella wrote:
I’ve spoken to a Skepticon organizer. The pattern there is similar, except that the expressions of sexual interest were repeated, though more deniably after they weren’t reciprocated. I’ve also spoken with two other people who don’t wish to come forward publicly. Both have been on the receiving end of Carrier’s unwanted interest. In both cases, he met their polite deferral of his interest with more blunt expressions of interest. There are also very troubling aspects of how Carrier spoke of these people to others. I won’t go into that in detail because it has the potential to identify them.
Well, on one hand, I guess Zvan deserves some acknowledgment for manning up and being the first person on the SJW side to do more than signal-boost the original story.

Oh the other: "His claws! He's stretching his claws!"
It's S.O.P. for that crowd. Release the Zvan for the initial attack to deflect from the more delicate flowers.

Personally I think it highly likely there has been a game plan all along. Heina has been fishing for a while. She wouldn't have been doing that in isolation from the rest of the usual suspects.

Once Amy broke cover, they knew the the Pit would be all over it. Heina has allowed known Pitters on her wall without banning, except for Damion 8-) . Greta has come along like the authority figure to comment on some pitter posts - but, crucially adding info that wasn't on Heina's wall, but was on the Pit.

I suspect they were letting us dig around and reveal some damning stuff, so they could use the 'preponderance of evidence, we can't ignore' excuse to break cover. And used Zvan to do it to protect the sex-positives from some backwash for kink-shaming/ sex-negative crap from their own side.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

[youtube]WBrLHMCTDAA[/youtube]

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

It would be interesting to learn what reason pushed this out of the memoryhole category again. It doesn't look like new evidence. They admit straight this whole situation was no surprise and Zvan almost certainly knew this for a long time. A good candidate is gossiping and social pressure behind the scenes.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote:Com, I am sorry I called you a cunt.

Damion, I still think you're an intolerable asshole, but thank you for your blog post.

You called me a cunt?

Meh, it's cool.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

http://i.imgur.com/sFgjiyw.png

Nice try SLYMEPITTERS.

Really?

Post by Really? »

People paid 130 dollars to read his piece in which he called his accuser a liar?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tapir wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Actually you missed the more telling part of that to me.
We support the accusers
Not victims. Accusers.
Yep.

Also, Skepticon have updated their sticker scheme.

https://skepticon.org/policy/

They've abandoned the red sticker and replaced it with blue - presumably due to the connotations the colour red has with danger etc (and all of us laughing at them).

What's made me giggle is how they justify their sticker policy...
“Color communication badges are a good aid because they allow people to express their current communication preference quickly, nonverbally, and simply – people can change what card is showing if their preference changes. They are a good way to prevent situations where someone is caught in a social situation they do not want to be in, or situations where someone wants to talk but can’t initiate. This means that communication badges can help make conferences, conventions, meetings, college campuses, and other spaces more accessible. People with communication impairments, people who have trouble expressing their communication preferences, and people who have trouble reading social cues about communication preference, may find color communication badges useful. Color communication badges also help all people, abled or disabled, to more easily and effectively let people know whether they want to be approached for conversations or not. This can creates a positive impact on the social atmosphere where communication badges are being used.”
Only that's not Skepticon's own words - that nugget of advice actually comes from none other than Autistic Advocacy.

http://autisticadvocacy.org/wp-content/ ... Badges.pdf

No wonder these idiots have such a hard time interacting with each other.
Communication badges help all people except the blind (color or otherwise).

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Tapir wrote:http://i.imgur.com/sFgjiyw.png

Nice try SLYMEPITTERS.
It was your misogyny that gave you away.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Tapir wrote:http://i.imgur.com/sFgjiyw.png

Nice try SLYMEPITTERS.
It was your misogyny that gave you away.
Dripping in it.

http://i.imgur.com/6x5XJhK.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HunnyBunny wrote:I suspect they were letting us dig around and reveal some damning stuff, so they could use the 'preponderance of evidence, we can't ignore' excuse to break cover. And used Zvan to do it to protect the sex-positives from some backwash for kink-shaming/ sex-negative crap from their own side.
So in other words you are proposing that we were the "useful idiots" in a plan already underway. They knew exactly how we would react and behave.

However from our perspective, we had a mutual interest.

In either case, Richard must be licking the salt out of his wounds knowing he was set up to fail big time from his former friends.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I'm just glad someone has figured the pit out. I da fuck sure haven't.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Can't believe Benson hasn't referenced Carrier's troubles yet.

She must be so excited, her spider must be fearing eviction.

:o

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, InSvanity should be getting on her fucking knees and thanking the Slyme Pit for its detective work.

Won't happen though.....she wouldn't be able to get back up.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

When it comes to praising blogmates and comrades, Carrier gushes like a Bieberite. Embarrassing stuff.

So, now that Zvan has cut him loose and Greta tweeted her me-toos, these are just sad:

http://imgur.com/pndNcOc.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/5458

http://imgur.com/UuWlZXx.png

http://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds/201 ... -nonsense/

...and ahead of the time when Rebecca disowns him:

http://imgur.com/KXwqBfD.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Can't believe Benson hasn't referenced Carrier's troubles yet.
She must be so excited, her spider must be fearing eviction.
:o
Maybe she has learned, after attacking so many other high profile people, that her best possible stance is to stay the fuck out of it.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Once they have destroyed Carrier, do they have anyone else on their side of any note? For all his failings, the Big Dick was able to make a splash (pun intended) on actual subjects that are of interest to the atheist and skeptic community. He was able to get the attention of big names in academia like Bart Erhman. He was almost somebody for a while there.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

That Carrier fawn-wank-athon is pure cringe.

dogen

Post by dogen »

JackSkeptic wrote:Had to happen sooner or later, they always eat their own.
Would be the BEST episode of Kitchen Nightmares EVAH!

(Good that this broke today, as we seemed about to eat each other....)

Sent on the wings of love by my original vinyl copy of Band on the Run
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2b/2bac53cf ... e9d194.jpg

Sent by modulating the gravitational-wave signal emitted when Zvan's left and right butt cheek oscillate in antiphase.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote:Once they have destroyed Carrier, do they have anyone else on their side of any note? For all his failings, the Big Dick was able to make a splash (pun intended) on actual subjects that are of interest to the atheist and skeptic community. He was able to get the attention of big names in academia like Bart Erhman. He was almost somebody for a while there.
PZ. After him all the males are gone.