The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: I skimmed it and nothing jumped out at me as a reasonable justification.

So, I do not see anything to change my position really.

1. Abortion is murder.
2. I do not have a problem if some woman wants to murder her child before it is born.
3. Murder charges should be laid if abortion occurs after the 2nd trimester unless it is to save the life of the mother etc. etc. etc. blah blah balh yadda yadda yadda. ....
Not sure that "murder" is the correct definition, at least in the case of killing a fetus. More a case of triage, a case of "sorry about your planet but we do have a hyperspace bypass going through here you know". Kind of callous in a way, and rather unfortunate to say the least, and if we had more resources and better technology and maybe better ethics then it wouldn't be happening, at least to the same degree. But if the dog hadn't stop to pee ....

Also, not sure about the details of Singer's position but, based on reading some of Pinker's views on him, I kind of get the impression that his argument is more of a thought experiment designed to highlight some problematic aspects of the entire abortion debate: where in the spectrum from zygote to graduating student do we draw the line as to what constitutes "human".
Abortion is murder like taxation is theft. There's a subtle equivocation at work: "murder" and "theft" can mean "killing" and "forcible taking," or they can mean "illegal killing" and "illegal forcible taking."
Exactly why I used the term. Note I am not holding my breath any time soon. I am resigned to the fact that there are many entries on my bucket list that will go unfulfilled in my lifetime.

I could move to Grozny if I really wanted to check some of them off I suppose?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I really don't see what could take 40 days in determining whether to de-fuck Mykeru's channel or not.

KS's family dramas haven't stopped her mindless tweeting.
KS also didn't give a shit about fucking with Radford's family...

You will recall she ingratiated herself with Radford's mother during the New Mexico fiasco - where BR told her she could never be the 'one', causing Stollie to flee to Australia in order to inflict pain on the local skeptics here.

That same family then had to underwrite BR's defense against SA.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Lsuoma wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Looks like they have now removed the "floppy disks are not actually floppy" statement which they had earlier.
Of course they are, inside the plastic cover. Or else would they say, they are not actually disks as well?
Idiots.
The original disks were floppy anyway (5 1/4 inch). They actually flopped in a floppy way. As a man I claim the right to know when something is floppy.
The originals were 8". 5 1/4 are Johnny-come-lately.
3" for the win. Them buggers were indestructable.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Young professors can't keep it in their pants around hot undergrads. In other news, water is wet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160528052 ... elessness/

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:You have 23 mins by my watch.
Your clock makes no sense.
It's the coriolus effect, during which time runs the opposite direction down under.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:As I promised:

Guten Morgen Sonnenschein by Nana Mouskouri

[.youtube]c4aE7E8bzd0[/youtube]
Fucking Nana Mouskouri :evil:
Even wearing Moon Glampers in the 70s.
Fuck Andrew what is wrong with you. :?
I dunno but I am on some sort of kick right now. Here have some Farhana by Haifa Wehbe.

[youtube]zftXRPIN7gw[/youtube]

You do not speak any Arabic right? Otherwise you would puke from the sugar overdose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Remember that what's his name guy?
[youtube]49yBgJllrBo[/youtube]
You were :nin: if I remember correctly. But that video had me in hysterics. The dog next door is barking. And I am inside. And so is he ... I wonder if he heard me laughing?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

[youtube]Wg2deAEhoF4[/youtube]
Open your mind.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hunt wrote:Young professors can't keep it in their pants around hot undergrads. In other news, water is wet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160528052 ... elessness/
The accusations PZ describes don't seem as bad as the rape accusation he suffered from that slutty bitch who was obviously lying because PZ wouldn't do that to a young co ed.

Guest_df4fcc85

Post by Guest_df4fcc85 »

Okay so at 1 week, it's not murder and at 39 weeks it is murder. Somewhere in between is a fuzzy line that medicine seems to keep shifting earlier and earlier.

nth wave feminists detest Bill Clinton's "safe, legal, rare"
google.com/search?q=safe+legal+and+rare

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/09/hillary-clinton-abortion-legal-but-rare
Jessica Valenti
Hillary Clinton must reject the stigma that abortion should be legal but 'rare'

"Safe legal and rare" first became a pro-choice rallying cry during the Clinton administration, and has been invoked by media-makers and politicians like – even President Obama has called the mantra "the right formulation" on abortion. It's a "safe" pro-choice answer: to support abortion, but wish it wasn't necessary.

And it's a framing that Hillary Clinton – perhaps the next president of the United States – supports.

But "safe, legal and rare" is not a framework that supports women's health needs: it stigmatizes and endangers it.

In a 2010 research article, Dr Tracy Weitz, Director of Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) program at the University of California, San Francisco, wrote that "rare suggests that abortion is happening more than it should, and that there are some conditions for which abortions should and should not occur".

"It separates 'good' abortions from 'bad' abortions", she added.

Steph Herold, the deputy director of the Sea Change Program – an organization that seeks to create a culture change around abortion and other stigmatized reproductive experiences like miscarriage and adoption – agrees. "It implies that abortion is somehow different than other parts of healthcare," she told me. "We don't say that any other medical procedure should be rare."

"We don't say that we want heart bypasses to be rare. We say we want people to be healthy," Herold said.
Seriously? I think if I were a cardiologist, a gp, a nutritionist(?) I'd love a world where heart bypasses were rare. Perhaps even the cardiothoracic surgeon wants heart bypasses to be rare.

And pro-choice folks believe that abortion may be a preferred choice if a woman is a student, or not financially equipped, or just doesn't want to be a mother: many reasons that do not describe an unhealthy person, or an unhealthy medical choice to continue the pregnancy.

When feminists demand (and many do) abortion at any time up until birth, for any reason, not just health of the mother, or terrible issues with the fetus, or demand that every abortion be considered a good abortion, that's what I think turns many people pro-life or at least pro-life friendly. And I do fail to see much difference between a 39 week abortion of a healthy fetus and a a 41 week abortion of a healthy baby. Or 60, 90, 120, or 200 week.

It will be very interesting to see how quickly feminists abandon science altogether if medicine ever advanced to say there is never a need for terminal abortion in the case of a healthy fetus because we can extract the fetus and let it grow outside the womb altogether. We'll just refer to that as abort to orbit (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_abort_modes) If that were to occur, what would the ethics be of killing a fetus versus just extracting it? Then medicine will be misogynistic as ethically it would force all women to in some manner bear their children.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Steersman wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:I'm seeing some possibilities of some agreement between us here ...
:-) Nothing wrong with trying to build consensus - at least intrinsically. E pluribus unum and all that .
I might also agree with you about banning Islam and deporting Muslims. See the Islam and Islamists thread.

feathers

Post by feathers »

dogen wrote:3" for the win. Them buggers were indestructable.
That's what the students thought, back in '92 when I worked at a university helpdesk. Hey, you can keep a whole thesis on one floppy together with all research material! Yahoo! What can possibly go wrong?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

When I was a teen, I had an Amiga 500 (fucking great computer for gaming). I'd go to a game store downtown and buy a game on floppy. Then I'd go home, copy it and the disk key, then I'd rub a magnet on the original, bring it back to the store, say it doesn't work and would get a free exchange for another game. I did that a few times.

I was a fucking bastard back then.

Guest_df4fcc85

Post by Guest_df4fcc85 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:When I was a teen, I had an Amiga 500 (fucking great computer for gaming). I'd go to a game store downtown and buy a game on floppy. Then I'd go home, copy it and the disk key, then I'd rub a magnet on the original, bring it back to the store, say it doesn't work and would get a free exchange for another game. I did that a few times.

Would you also rub your nuts on that disk? Because if not, I've got you beat.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
dogen wrote:3" for the win. Them buggers were indestructable.
That's what the students thought, back in '92 when I worked at a university helpdesk. Hey, you can keep a whole thesis on one floppy together with all research material! Yahoo! What can possibly go wrong?
They were flat enough that you could fasten your thesis to the fridge with a magnet so you wouldn't forget where you'd left it.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Safe, legal and rare I thought was connected to the push for things like the morning after pill and education about contraception.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Guest_df4fcc85 wrote:
I'm having a fucking panic attack just thinking about the nightmare that lies behind this image. For those of you who haven't blocked him: may God have mercy on your souls.
I clicked and it was Vogon amateur sex vids.
Lesbian Vogons? Anything else, I'm not into.
I've just had a blinding insight into Yemisi Ilesanmi's poetry.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I will endorse what you said about there being no "good guys" in this. There are none and I have been telling people this for some time now.

Anyway the above is pretty much accurate in that it more or less matches my understand of what is ongoing, except that as I recall Russia has always had a base in Syria and they want to keep it.

Last I heard was that Al-Nusra is still more or less independent from al-Qaeda. I have not followed that business closely but a couple of years ago if I remember correctly some personal animosity with an Al-Nusra commander led to the killing of an al-Qaeda negociator who was trying to bring them back into the fold.

I am under the impression that al-Qaeda pretty much has little to no influence in Iraq or Syria right now. If you have sources that say different I would appreciate seeing them.
You're right about Russia, they did have an old naval facility in Tartus, although it was inefficient and small before 2008 and was in the process of being renovated when the Civil War started.

You're also right about Al-Nusra, I wrote "formerly Al-Qaeda" to mean they used to be part of Al-Qaeda, but now they're largely independent (well, they're funded by Qatar, so they're not really independent, but they're independent from Al-Qaeda).

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

While I'm not a fan of drawing attention to RW, the fact this is picked up by KIA is interesting.

A new Billionaire has entered the Hulk Hogan fray and while I have super respect for Theil, I think having two Billionaires pushing this to its conclusion is actually a good thing - it means hopefully the right judgments should be made here.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Are you scum bags doing a skype thing tonight?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

JackSkeptic wrote:Are you scum bags doing a skype thing tonight?
I would be into it but it will annoy my husband

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I have lied, sleeping now

ffs

Post by ffs »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:When I was a teen, I had an Amiga 500 (fucking great computer for gaming). I'd go to a game store downtown and buy a game on floppy. Then I'd go home, copy it and the disk key, then I'd rub a magnet on the original, bring it back to the store, say it doesn't work and would get a free exchange for another game. I did that a few times.

[youtube]up863eQKGUI[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I can't tonight. My oldest daughter is going to her grandmother's for a couple of weeks and I am have to deal with the other 3 which will most likely include having my youngest daughter sleep with me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

comhcinc wrote:
I can't tonight. My oldest daughter is going to her grandmother's for a couple of weeks and I am have to deal with the other 3 which will most likely include having my youngest daughter sleep with me.
Alabama, right?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I mean not cool. She is a 4 year old who has always had a roommate and who is dealing with abandonment issues who is afraid of the dark.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

AndrewV69 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Real life Mad Max:
[youtube]4ugV0cbzvHA[/youtube]
Reminds me of this one. Footage of a cluster fuck recovered from an ISIS fighter wearing a Go-Pro camera.

[youtube]QJkmAdVWfEY[/youtube]
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro! Fast track!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I lied again, I am back.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

rayshul wrote:I lied again, I am back.
According to Who is online, you're not here anymore.

Women.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Hunt wrote:
rayshul wrote:I lied again, I am back.
According to Who is online, you're not here anymore.

Women.
I'm using the world's most abused laptop. I'm online...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
The reason I have not participated in this discussion about Bond is that when Sean Connery stopped playing Bond, I stopped watching Bond movies.

I have a vague recollection that I partially watched one with ... whatshisnameagain? Roger More? But I believe I changed the channel or walked away or something after a few minutes.

I stopped watching Star Wars after the appearance of Jar Jar Binks. Never going to see the latest Mad Max. And so on and so on. If a movie takes too much work for me to suspend my perception of reality I am just not interested.

I guess I am just a wee bit fussy when it comes to movies?
The new Mad Max is great if you're interested in more glorious road violence with nothing else added or subtracted.

James Bond has always been shit.

The new Star Wars is better than the prequels, but that means exactly as much as you think it does.

That is all. 8-)
I got turned off once I read "they" had hired a Feminist consultant. Once I knew that I lost my boner. For some reason I want to have nothing to do with Feminism any more.

Kind of ironic because I was once a real Feminist that walked the talk in the workplace. Hiring, training, supporting & promoting. The whole 9 yards.

Nowadays I feel complete apathy to the cause. I suspect Scented Nectar and I might share something along those lines.
I'm not sure of apathy, but much of the fight feels old. It's changed a bit to some different, more current version. Now they are all just intersectional retards of a more vague nature. Instead of the old style single word accusation, a person is likely now to get called a racist, misogynistic, imperialist, islamophobic, transphobic, capitalist, heteronormative, sizeist, ableist bigot. It's like a whole bunch of separate causes all in the same petri dish crashing into each other and getting their keywords and phrases mixed up with each other until their ramblings become even more insane.

The antibiotic is an easy one though. Just write "Trump" in chalk somewhere on the agar. They have no resistance to reality. :)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Guest_df4fcc85 wrote: When feminists demand (and many do) abortion at any time up until birth, for any reason, not just health of the mother, or terrible issues with the fetus, or demand that every abortion be considered a good abortion, that's what I think turns many people pro-life or at least pro-life friendly. And I do fail to see much difference between a 39 week abortion of a healthy fetus and a a 41 week abortion of a healthy baby. Or 60, 90, 120, or 200 week.
Precisely. When it comes to the law, I'll vote to keep abortions legal every time. I donate to Planned Parenthood and routinely write angry letters to my representatives insisting they'll lose my vote and the vote of anyone who will listen to me if they don't shut down whatever insane plan the Republicans have cooked up that day. I'd continue to do this even if what that asshat Jon Kyl said about them was true.

All that aside, feminist nonsense like #ShoutYourAbortion sickens me. Abortions should not be destigmatized. They are not good. If you're having one, you should reflect on the decisions that lead up to this event and wonder why you didn't take any of the safer, cheaper, and more ethical roads that could have prevented a pregnancy in the first place. It's not "just" a collection of cells. It's a candidate human (as Hitchens put it). I find people that say otherwise to be incredibly callous (or more often, just uncritically parroting the slogans given to them by other feminists).

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

If you knew that the main use of computers would involve rubbing ... and knew this before the internet ... then I'd say you were prescient as well as or instead of being a bastard.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So my dad's been going through four rounds of chemo now. He has two or three more to go. He's been doing fine (relatively little pain), but he's suffering from fatigue. Anyone know if the fatigue from chemo dissipates after treatment or if it sticks with you even afterwards?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Precisely. When it comes to the law, I'll vote to keep abortions legal every time. I donate to Planned Parenthood and routinely write angry letters to my representatives insisting they'll lose my vote and the vote of anyone who will listen to me if they don't shut down whatever insane plan the Republicans have cooked up that day. I'd continue to do this even if what that asshat Jon Kyl said about them was true.

All that aside, feminist nonsense like #ShoutYourAbortion sickens me. Abortions should not be destigmatized. They are not good. If you're having one, you should reflect on the decisions that lead up to this event and wonder why you didn't take any of the safer, cheaper, and more ethical roads that could have prevented a pregnancy in the first place. It's not "just" a collection of cells. It's a candidate human (as Hitchens put it). I find people that say otherwise to be incredibly callous (or more often, just uncritically parroting the slogans given to them by other feminists).
The issue is that some people want to use abortion as a contraceptive, when it's anything but.The objective of legalizing abortion should be to make abortions safer (done in a controlled hospital environment instead than through clandestine means) but also gradually reduce the number of abortions. Even leaving aside the moral dilemmas, an abortion is an expensive operation with some risks to the life of the pregnant woman who goes through it. Minimizing the number of abortions is a good goal.

And the best way to reduce the number of abortions is to teach people how to have sex responsibly, by using contraceptives in an effective way, in order to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Try telling this to the religious and the radfems, though, and they'll all throw a fit for different reasons. The religious want to control the sex lives of other people according to their religion, and the radfems want to promote their ideology. Both groups don't really care about real issues.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Abortions in case of pregnancies by rape or incest, in case of abnormalities of the foetus or of risks to the health of the expectant women are a very different issue from abortions of simply unwanted pregnancies.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jet_lagg wrote:
Guest_df4fcc85 wrote: When feminists demand (and many do) abortion at any time up until birth, for any reason, not just health of the mother, or terrible issues with the fetus, or demand that every abortion be considered a good abortion, that's what I think turns many people pro-life or at least pro-life friendly. And I do fail to see much difference between a 39 week abortion of a healthy fetus and a a 41 week abortion of a healthy baby. Or 60, 90, 120, or 200 week.

If there's any doubt justice warrioring isn't much more than posturing and cred burnishing: Here's Rebecca, unhappy she's never had an abortion. Out loud, in front of everybody.

http://imgur.com/OuodCjT.jpg

Reminds me of Newt Gingrich and countless other chickhawks who've lamented they never got sent to Vietnam.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ape+lust wrote:
If there's any doubt justice warrioring isn't much more than posturing and cred burnishing: Here's Rebecca, unhappy she's never had an abortion. Out loud, in front of everybody.

http://imgur.com/OuodCjT.jpg

Reminds me of Newt Gingrich and countless other chickhawks who've lamented they never got sent to Vietnam.
Never mind Beccy - it's not too late...

On second thoughts, strike that, with what she has put her body through over the years - it probably is.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: Didn't really think so - just never can pass up an invitation, however oblique it might be, to get up on a soap box of one sort or another. ;-) And I frequently use that sotto voce technique - two birds, one stone, and all that - so can't really complain. But, for instances, my periodic shots at Kirbmarc about prescriptive linguistics, and at Aneris for her (?) "race is racism" [hammer is driving screws into walls?] ;-)
Ironically enough I don't think that you really understand what it is commonly meant by "prescriptive linguistics".

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

MarcusAu wrote: Never mind Beccy - it's not too late...

On second thoughts, strike that, with what she has put her body through over the years - it probably is.
Whatever the state of the specimen she chuffs out through her vag, one can guarantee it'd be as pickled as a chip shop egg.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:Abortions in case of pregnancies by rape or incest, in case of abnormalities of the foetus or of risks to the health of the expectant women are a very different issue from abortions of simply unwanted pregnancies.
My definition of "rape" includes all form of sexual activity that leads to an unwanted pregnancy, so your second category is empty and your dichotomy is false, shitlord.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Pitchguest wrote:So my dad's been going through four rounds of chemo now. He has two or three more to go. He's been doing fine (relatively little pain), but he's suffering from fatigue. Anyone know if the fatigue from chemo dissipates after treatment or if it sticks with you even afterwards?
It will stick around for at least a couple of weeks maybe a month or two depending on the type of chemo. I don't think I was back to my old self until about 6 months after. There might be lasting side effects too. I have limited feeling in my fingers and toes and it's been 13 years for me.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Never mind Beccy - it's not too late...

Whatever the state of the specimen she chuffs out through her vag, one can guarantee it'd be as pickled as a chip shop egg.
A dozen dives serving pickled eggs, watching my friends chunder them up, years of unspeakable flatulence, but nothing turned me off of pickled eggs until your one sentence.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: Didn't really think so - just never can pass up an invitation, however oblique it might be, to get up on a soap box of one sort or another. ;-) And I frequently use that sotto voce technique - two birds, one stone, and all that - so can't really complain. But, for instances, my periodic shots at Kirbmarc about prescriptive linguistics, and at Aneris for her (?) "race is racism" [hammer is driving screws into walls?] ;-)
Ironically enough I don't think that you really understand what it is commonly meant by "prescriptive linguistics".
If you are addressing Steers you should also include a Wikilink to ''ironically''

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So the AC is out for the weekend. Any body have any ideas for kid friendly recipes that are no cook?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

comhcinc wrote:So the AC is out for the weekend. Any body have any ideas for kid friendly recipes that are no cook?

Some good recipes in this book.

http://i.imgur.com/XVTYzPg.jpg

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

ffs wrote:

[youtube]up863eQKGUI[/youtube]
[youtube]ALZZx1xmAzg[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:So the AC is out for the weekend. Any body have any ideas for kid friendly recipes that are no cook?

Mix together:
a jar of salsa
a can of corn, drained
a can of refried beans
optional: hot sauce or garlic or onion or whatever else sounds good.

Eat it on crackers or toast. I mix it into rice, but that needs cooking.

EyeNoU

Post by EyeNoU »

dog puke wrote:

Some good recipes in this book.

http://i.imgur.com/XVTYzPg.jpg
To Serve Man?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

A salad, maybe?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

She's just jealous of Elyse's abortion-selfies. Miscarriage or Buttblood?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Abortions in case of pregnancies by rape or incest, in case of abnormalities of the foetus or of risks to the health of the expectant women are a very different issue from abortions of simply unwanted pregnancies.
If you can stop the religious right's encroachment on first and second trimester abortion, then there's no reason why rape or incest really needs extra exemptions since fetuses gestate at the same rate regardless.

Secure that ground and all anyone's left arguing over are fringe cases.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Watson could never be a parent because babies are needy and she couldn't stand anyone else in the room getting more attention than herself.

Billie from Ockham

Sunder wrote:If you can stop the religious right's encroachment on first and second trimester abortion, then there's no reason why rape or incest really needs extra exemptions since fetuses gestate at the same rate regardless.
Depends on whether it's legitimate rape.

(Jump to 2:00.)

[youtube]fetFNTgqE6o[/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube]3_i7wELTVi0[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Maryam Namazie jumps the FTB ship. Look who's helped her find a new home. :dance:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamaz ... y-website/

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:Maryam Namazie jumps the FTB ship. Look who's helped her find a new home. :dance:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamaz ... y-website/
I was just about to post. :nin:

Michael is all polite and diplomatic in that post, but c'mon, he knows inside he's just done a major smackdown on PZ Myers!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Michael Nugent

"She has moved her blog from the discredited FreeThoughtBlogs network, where some bloggers focused more on smearing secular activists than challenging the threat of Islamism and other religions to human rights."

:D

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I feel like I disagree on the rape and incest thing. I think the logic here is that these situations would be very detrimental to the woman's mental health etc, but I can see other situations where the woman's mental health would be fucked up by being pregnant. I've always been a bit uncomfortable by people separating out the rape and incest form other pregnancies as "legit reasons to have an abortion" and never really put my finger on why. I am fine with abortion up to a certain point for all situations.