The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Xenu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Xenu »

"When it comes to women's washrooms, no bloody cocks!" - Says Mr. Bloody Sock (Curt Schilling)

http://www.outsports.com/2016/4/19/1146 ... ransgender
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CkyPSJ ... 8779.0.jpg

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:I think the toilet wars would have been way better had Steersman put in an appearance. We could have made it to at least 50 pages on a full battery charge.
Sheesh! GMAB! ;-) Though, en passant, I might suggest that many others here are equally verbose, and frequently with far fewer quotes and citations to justify what are little more than opinions. :-)

But to briefly (?) comment on "the toilet wars" - catchy title, soon to be a major motion picture show - I'm kind of on the fence as there's something to be said for most positions - honest men and women (however either are defined) can disagree. The upshot seems to be that all of those positions are based on various premises which may or may not hold much water, a conclusion that isn't easily proved one way or the other.
HunnyBunny wrote:PS Come back Steers, all is forgiven! OK, maybe not the 'only fertile women are women' shit. Definitely not that.
:-) Hadn't really taken a powder because the flak was getting too thick - just helping the ex for a bit; "old girl needs a hand to run the farm", to coin a phrase.

However, since Brive's latest has kind of made the bit about "fertile women" the topic de jour, one might ask what you think of that quote of Greer's, i.e., "transgender women ... do not 'look like, sound like or behave like women'". Pray tell, what do real women look like, sound like, and behave like? You're going to insist that, for example, Rosie the Riveter isn't a woman because she doesn't conform to what are little more than stereotypes? Which stereotypes are you going to insist should be the gold standard?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jimhabegger wrote:
Steersman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Not to put a grim spin on anything, but I notice John Greg hasn't visited since the 30th of March. A lot of people take breaks, but all things considered I am a bit concerned. Hopefully not what he declared inevitable.
Indeed. Life's a bitch and all that, more so for many than for others. And it seems most engaging when we have a purpose - raising kids, finding a grand unified theory, making the world safe for democracy, finding how they get the caramel inside the Cadbury's bar. But without one of those it can be a challenge at best. ....
Steersman, what's happened to you? That's way too short!
:-) Bit of a holiday. Now aiming for brevity, although that does tend to require more effort.
jimhabegger wrote:Nice to see you posting again though. I've been defending the boring fort all by myself, and not doing a good job of it, either.
Ta. But seems you've actually been doing a sterling job; periodically think that there are more than a few similarities between the Pit and the old FTB - denizens of both periodically need a chew-toy of sorts, a common enemy that they can try out their virtue signalling on. ;-)

But will respond to your posts in the Islam & Islamists threads a little later after some review & thought.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I'm not worried much any more about demonizing and scapegoating campaigns against Muslims, because it look like those pretty much only appeal to oppressed white men, and who cares about us? We're explicitly excluded from any consideration of our interests and concerns. It wouldn't be fair for us to be the only ones in the world without any scapegoat, and I don't have any better idea. It's much easier and safer for us to demonize and scapegoat Muslims, than just religious people in general.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I see demonizing and scapegoating white people and men as just as wrong, and just as damaging to individuals and to society, as demonizing and scapegoating any other group or category of people, and yet it's widely popular, even among white men, to ignore, deny and excuse it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

"Penis thieves nobbled: French statue is fitted with removable organ which is brought out for special occasions only after vandals kept snapping off the original" (link: Daily Mail)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/ ... 153416.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: And some have gone beyond all call of duty to inject ..... something different.

To no avail. :?

[youtube]EqUhEosp-Kk[/youtube]

I blame Damion.
What is the script from? Did she say that at a skeptic convention or something?

Its interesting that she would say such things, especially the part about "intersectional people don't suffer differently than the rest of us" at the end. It's like she's sooo close to breaking through to the side of reason, but that wall of victim complex is just a little too thick.
Please no. Between the title "Benson channels her inner Greer" and the Aussie lurking under fake UK accent did I really have to "tell not show"? :mrgreen: There's no subterfuge intended - the 'script' is a RL Greer compilation painstakingly assembled by yours truly and meta to the Benson print screens grabbed by Jadehawk and proudly displayed by Melby like a string of shrunken heads.

We all know that Benson has her own Jodie Foster orgasmic inducing voice.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Who is going to perform the necessary genital checks? The washroom attendants union is going to have a field day.
Welcome to the US of A, one of many countries with a presumption of innocence, you ignorant or disingenuous fuck.
Presumed innocent, like, at the airport?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive and Ape+, the first time I saw that eyebrow twitching earlier today I laughed so hard I literally lost containment.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:)

Keating

Post by Keating »

But in which bathroom?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy wrote:"Penis thieves nobbled: French statue is fitted with removable organ which is brought out for special occasions only after vandals kept snapping off the original" (link: Daily Mail)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/ ... 153416.jpg
:cdc:

[youtube]byDiILrNbM4[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Since people have (somewhat) been asking for definitions, I found one that describes what you need to be considered a man:

[youtube]f311XTtqPgc[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

With our focus going down the drain, I haven't seen it mentioned that it has all been kicking off over on FtB. Forget toilet wars, we now have blog wars!

It was mentioned in the midst of the overflowing toilet effluent that Mano Singham had banned the commenter StevoR following some throwing muslims off the plane comment. I had a quick look, and it appeared to be the usual taking the worst interpretation of something, hitting it into the out-of-context left field and then slapping a big horde 'OMG, guyz, guyz,he really went there on it' sign on it. Although I admit I couldn't be bothered looking further. The horde, never slow to grasp an opportunity to be raving idiots, have piled on to offer their opinions.

StevoR is also a commentor on Anjuli's blog, unsurprisingly given her anti-islam line. This leads to Nick Gotts, our friendly fluffy horde attack dog, deprived of his favourite Stevo chew toy, going -wandering in search of blood. And winds up on Anjuli's 'lest you think I only attack Muslims' post. :popcorn: :popcorn:

And it also appears that Anjuli is holding horde comments in moderation on her blog :o
Tabby Lavalamp says
April 19, 2016 at 10:33 am
If Randall is worried about StevoR’s free speech being severely curtailed, no need. He’s still commenting on other blogs on the network, one of which is keeping my replies calling out his hypocrisy in moderation. And here’s the thing… That’s fine. The blog owner is under no compunction to let my comments out of moderation. My free speech is under no assault as I have no right to have my comments published there.
'Yup, it's totes fine guyz, just mentioning it in passing *nudge nudge*'.

A few stirs of the pot might just be enough to invoke an all-out horde war. :shifty:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160420104 ... n-banning/

https://web.archive.org/web/20160420105 ... n-muslims/

SM12

Post by SM12 »

More transsexuals being put into hospital - the second in 10 days.

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Polit ... lagen.html

If only somebody, somewhere was prepared to mention that transsexuals have rights.

But where could we find such a person?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Nothing could go wrong. Total chick magnet.
[youtube]eGd232H0RE8[/youtube]
I hope to be that man being mocked from a far one day.
There goes comhcinc. Walking the old weasel again.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

SM12 wrote:More transsexuals being put into hospital - the second in 10 days.

If only somebody, somewhere was prepared to mention that transsexuals have rights.

What they need is a unisex toilet to hide from the men shouting allahu akbar.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

ERV wrote:Be quiet, you Hitlers. Go watch Season 2 Episode 3 of 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' right now. It's amazing.
Tina Fey is one of us.
Not a bad episode. I would assume that you are equally happy with the bulk of their shows?

The humor is heavy on the shtick and playing it straight. A bit of physical comedy. Right up my ally.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

speaking of needing someone to speak up for thetrans folk oppressed muslims, Giliell has woken up, and now appreciates the Orbit bloggers for what they really are:
Many of them are good kids testing their limits. Some of them are going to grow into the dudes we all know: entitled lazy bros who go through life blaming everybody but themselves for the utter trainwreck that is their life.
:bjarte:

It's on speakeasy 11 if you really want to go there. I wouldn't. https://web.archive.org/web/20160420113 ... akeasy-11/

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Checked out the Orbit, and was excited to see that Dana Hunter has just started an episode by episode analysis of Supernatural, looking for problematic tropes, sexism and anything evenly remotely enjoyable that she can find a way to condemn, no doubt. On the up side this means that at least one blogger on that network will be posting fairly prolifically.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:Checked out the Orbit, and was excited to see that Dana Hunter has just started an episode by episode analysis of Supernatural, looking for problematic tropes, sexism and anything evenly remotely enjoyable that she can find a way to condemn, no doubt. On the up side this means that at least one blogger on that network will be posting fairly prolifically.
Multiple postings PER EPISODE too. Dana's just going to be raking the click-money in.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

One thing that unisex restrooms would solve is which toilet does a parent take their opposite sexed child into. Most mothers will get a pass taking in their small boys. But sometimes fathers get a hard time for taking their daughters into the mens room.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

On the flip side, some places expect women to breast feed in the women's restroom out of view of everyone else (I think they are nuts), so suddenly unisex restrooms would not work for all communities.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Also on the Orbit - Dana Hunter has worked out a cunning plan to squeeze out multiple posts and worm her way into the click dollars. She is going to review every single episode of a teen fantasy series and point out how sexist it all is, in an Anita (PBUH) kind of tropey way, but with way more 'dudebros'. This is a series now in its 11th season, there are more than 200 episodes, and she is going to do them all. Way to go Dana :clap: You take one for the kids hun, I'm sure all those mistaken tweenie blog hits from girls looking for the latest Supernatural gossip will pull in the $$$s.

It's a tricky job though, so Dana has roped in some help from 'Zeroth' to guide us through the 'trope deconstruction'. Here's a taster for all you supernatural parents forced to endure this series, now with extra SJW drivel:
Daddy Issues:
So Sam is most certainly not interested in chasing after their missing father. Dean says he can’t do it alone. Sam gets him to admit that actually, he can, but he doesn’t want to.

9:36 – Zeroth Aw, vulnerability

Dana Hunter Awww, poor Dean. He tries to be all manly-man, but he’s so alone. Really shit of his dad to put this responsibility on him.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Jonathan wrote:Checked out the Orbit, and was excited to see that Dana Hunter has just started an episode by episode analysis of Supernatural, looking for problematic tropes, sexism and anything evenly remotely enjoyable that she can find a way to condemn, no doubt. On the up side this means that at least one blogger on that network will be posting fairly prolifically.
fuck :nin: 'd by a Jonathan

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

:nin: :nin: :nin:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I like this guy, even though he'd refuse to piss on the koran! :)

"Ex-Muslim Receives Direct threat from a British Muslim."
[youtube]C8rewu6hR3A[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

That's horrible! How can you be so bigoted against brown people when trans people are suffering from all those cis-scum forgetting their preferred pronouns? You see, brown people can never be bigots, ever. To be a bigot requires a person to be white, so when islamists (who are to be considered brown people even if they're white or black or yellow or red) kill gays and trans people, it's just their way, and you should be more tolerant and culturally sensitive.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Trans man has a bit of an ego problem...

"Main Character of the Universe"
[youtube]fFXdvvjFk8g[/youtube]

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

And if you think SJWs are self-obsessed, here's Wikipedia's article on Derek Ramsey (Wikipedian), largely written by himself, extensively referenced, and almost entirely about his work on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. He was mentioned in Wired magazine, you know.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Scented Nectar wrote:I like this guy, even though he'd refuse to piss on the koran! :)

What was the threat? "You watch?"

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

deLurch wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I like this guy, even though he'd refuse to piss on the koran! :)

What was the threat? "You watch?"
I thought maybe it was in the Arabic parts, although there was also a bit of English that I couldn't quite make out. Maybe the caller was saying that he'd watch as they kill him.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

i'm a bit behind, but one last thing about toilets/washrooms:

In the skydiving world, most of the time, it's all unisex due to the limitation in facilities. Includes toilets and showers. All those are separated booths, with the main room used by all genders to dry their hair, do their make-up...

I've never heard of a problem with these. But again, skydiving is another world entirely.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

The Orbit has been a bit of a bust so far in terms of generally risible content (or much in the way of content at all). I am in two minds about this.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

"You're gonna wake with the Muslims, bro."

HAHAHAHA. I got such a Four Lions vibe watching that video. :lol:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

paddybrown wrote:And if you think SJWs are self-obsessed, here's Wikipedia's article on Derek Ramsey (Wikipedian), largely written by himself, extensively referenced, and almost entirely about his work on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. He was mentioned in Wired magazine, you know.
Wait, I thought making articles about yourself on Wikipedia wasn't even allowed.

Umm.

What?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Polit ... lagen.html.
Reinickendorf, Kreuzberg. Both Towelhead havens. And nobody in their right mind ever got off at the Hallesches Tor stop.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I know that the argument is fallacious, but telling me that Curt Schilling agrees with me is the best counter so far.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Steersman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Not to put a grim spin on anything, but I notice John Greg hasn't visited since the 30th of March. A lot of people take breaks, but all things considered I am a bit concerned. Hopefully not what he declared inevitable.
Indeed. Life's a bitch and all that, more so for many than for others. And it seems most engaging when we have a purpose - raising kids, finding a grand unified theory, making the world safe for democracy, finding how they get the caramel inside the Cadbury's bar. But without one of those it can be a challenge at best.

Watched a biopic the other night of Katherine Hepburn who reportedly said, presumably sometime close to her death at the age of 96, that "Death will be a great relief. No more interviews." "Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone." And then there's Emerson:
Old age brings along with its uglinessses the comfort that you will soon be out of it - which ought to be a substantial relief to such discontented pendulums as we are. To be out of the war, out of debt, out of the drouth, out of the blues, out of the dentist's hands, out of the second thoughts, mortifications, and remorses that inflict such twinges and shooting pains - out of the next winter, and the high prices, and company below your ambition - surely these are soothing hints.
Steers, I never thought I'd say this, but welcome back. Good to see you.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

feathers wrote:Presumed innocent, like, at the airport?
That's an even better counter. #FuckTheTSA

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Cancer has now killed off Victoria Wood in 2016. Bad year.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So I was reading something about synchrotrons last night and I discovered they have been used to analyse the structure of calcium carbonate granules in worm poop.

Worms are, of course, non-binary.

Anyone else have a story linking tranny-pooping and quantum mechanics?

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Shatterface wrote:So I was reading something about synchrotrons last night and I discovered they have been used to analyse the structure of calcium carbonate granules in worm poop.

But they are bilaterian.

The spirit of music is non-binary:

[youtube]cAKentKiGOY[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

The UK national Students Union have elected a new president. I'm told she is the first 'black' woman to be elected:

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-pu ... /malia.jpg

She is also a muslim, backed by CAGE UK. Those lovely chaps who described Jihadi John, the masked executioner for ISIS as "extremely kind, gentle and soft-spoken, the most humble young person I knew.'

She is known for rejecting a motion in 2014 to condemn ISIS.

She is also an anti-Zionist, who has called for 'muslims to support Palestinian "resistance".'

Most notable campaigns include "Why Is My Curriculum White?" and opposing the 'government's Prevent counter-extremism strategy'.

Bravo UK students :clap: :clap: This will mark a new era in sensible, calm, rational student politics :fpig:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-36094328

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So I was reading something about synchrotrons last night and I discovered they have been used to analyse the structure of calcium carbonate granules in worm poop.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Badger3k wrote:Since people have (somewhat) been asking for definitions, I found one that describes what you need to be considered a man:

[youtube]f311XTtqPgc[/youtube]
Crayon Shin-chan in dubbed English is just...disturbing. You can just rocker me to sleep tonight. :cry:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ok, that's weird.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

My delayed double post, I mean.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

SM12 wrote:Cancer has now killed off Victoria Wood in 2016. Bad year.
This is the song that Sye Ten Atheist used for his "Join Islam" parody that was posted here a few weeks ago.

[youtube]lNU5KVa_Tu8[/youtube]

She was only 62, sad loss, far too early. Bad year indeed. :(

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Shatterface wrote:Ok, that's weird.
It's quantum! :twatson:

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:i'm a bit behind, but one last thing about toilets/washrooms:

In the skydiving world, most of the time, it's all unisex due to the limitation in facilities. Includes toilets and showers. All those are separated booths, with the main room used by all genders to dry their hair, do their make-up...

I've never heard of a problem with these. But again, skydiving is another world entirely.
One with a lot less gravity, I presume. Imagine the energy budget needed to get all that water up there with the divers, not to mention the high-pressure pumps to keep it all flowing down while they soap up.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

It appears that the SFSU Dread Lock girl Bonita Tindle has made a statement on her facebook page (which she later took down).
http://goldengatexpress.org/2016/04/16/ ... cks-video/

Some of her claims vary from his, and other of her claims are objectively wrong given the video. It is sad to see someone discredit themselves.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM12 wrote:Cancer has now killed off Victoria Wood in 2016. Bad year.
Not for cancer.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:

"You're gonna wake with the Muslims, bro."

HAHAHAHA. I got such a Four Lions vibe watching that video. :lol:
Likewise! :lol: It sounded like he was being called up by Waj.

[youtube]JyQbdD-IgME[/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:i'm a bit behind, but one last thing about toilets/washrooms:

Skydiving poop is called blue ice.

What the fuck do you guys eat up there?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HunnyBunny wrote:With our focus going down the drain, I haven't seen it mentioned that it has all been kicking off over on FtB. Forget toilet wars, we now have blog wars!

It was mentioned in the midst of the overflowing toilet effluent that Mano Singham had banned the commenter StevoR following some throwing muslims off the plane comment. I had a quick look, and it appeared to be the usual taking the worst interpretation of something, hitting it into the out-of-context left field and then slapping a big horde 'OMG, guyz, guyz,he really went there on it' sign on it. Although I admit I couldn't be bothered looking further. The horde, never slow to grasp an opportunity to be raving idiots, have piled on to offer their opinions.

StevoR is also a commentor on Anjuli's blog, unsurprisingly given her anti-islam line. This leads to Nick Gotts, our friendly fluffy horde attack dog, deprived of his favourite Stevo chew toy, going -wandering in search of blood. And winds up on Anjuli's 'lest you think I only attack Muslims' post. :popcorn: :popcorn:

And it also appears that Anjuli is holding horde comments in moderation on her blog :o
Tabby Lavalamp says
April 19, 2016 at 10:33 am
If Randall is worried about StevoR’s free speech being severely curtailed, no need. He’s still commenting on other blogs on the network, one of which is keeping my replies calling out his hypocrisy in moderation. And here’s the thing… That’s fine. The blog owner is under no compunction to let my comments out of moderation. My free speech is under no assault as I have no right to have my comments published there.
'Yup, it's totes fine guyz, just mentioning it in passing *nudge nudge*'.

A few stirs of the pot might just be enough to invoke an all-out horde war. :shifty:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160420104 ... n-banning/

https://web.archive.org/web/20160420105 ... n-muslims/
Pity. At one time, I thought Mano was one of the saner people at FTB. But -
His post justifying the throwing of Muslim off planes because they made some non-Muslims uncomfortable, and even suggesting that they fly on separate planes, was simply the last straw. It was raw, unbridled racism and I just couldn’t take it anymore.
No, Mano. No. What StevoR suggested might indeed be bigoted, but it is not racism. Nothing in StevoR's post suggested that he was okay with allowing, say, white or far eastern muslims on a plane - it was 'muslims', full stop.

Unless Mano can present some evidence that believing in Islam actually changes your genetic makeup, he should keep his twat-hole shut about conflating Islam with race.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Liesmith wrote:I'm so tired of seeing this bathroom nonsense, so I'm going to solve this once and for all:

1) Demolish all bathrooms.
2) Build a circular, communal bathroom at the center of every building, to be shared by all.
3) The round bathrooms will have no dividers--only a few dozen toilets, all facing inwards, close enough to touch.
4) The toilet configuration ensures that everyone has an equal voice.
This violates the fundamental SJW rule that 'equality' is by no means equitable.

A better approach would be bathrooms based on the progressive stack. The stalls for disabled black lesbian transwomen are equipped with gold toilets and raw silk toilet paper. White wimmin get a standard porcelain bowl and charmin. White men have to shit on the floor and clean it up with their tongue.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ah, seems that Mano has addressed the racism thing:
Mano Singham says

April 18, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Randall Lee @#10,

You have a truly strange idea of what the constitution requires of immigrant citizens. Show me a single legal case that has been adjudicated along the lines you suggest.

However, I admit that bigotry would have been a better word than racism but the label is immaterial since it was the sentiment that triggered the ban
Edit the fucking post then! When you conflate being anti-muslim with racism, you do nothing but cheapen the concept of racism and give licence to jihadis and dhimmis such as Cunt Werleman to use the charge of racism to silence perfectly legit criticism and mockery of Islam.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

If it hasn't already been posted and if you're interested in the Zoe Quinn/Social Autopsy catfight:
http://theralphretort.com/zoe-quinn-del ... e-4020016/