The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Any Londeners hereabouts?

I feel sorry for the guy, but he is toxic as hell. I guess it is the corallary to "don't stick you dick in crazy." "Don't invite crazy to live in your house."

Since he says he is homeless, then that means if/when you ask him to leave, you know you will be sending to live out on the streets because he won't ask to live with his grandmother who he verbally abuses.

Is Alex trying to get a job, or is he just trying to make a go of freelancing odd jobs & writing? I think it is about time he consider working for McDonalds and stop couch surfing in expensive cities.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't care, he's on my ignore list since 12:30 pm GMT+1. All better now.
Pardon me Phil. I am interested in posting about my newest community building. The Hall of Justice. It is a place for everyone in the community come meet and discuss philosophy. A place wear drug dealers, the homeless, Parcheesi players and the gravitationally challenged are all welcome.
http://i.imgur.com/HDToHyl.jpg
Would you accept me as Captain Danger, The One Who Hurts?
Wrong universe but I see you more as Penance.

http://marvel.com/universe/Penance_(Robert_Baldwin)
.... fueled by his own physical pain......

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Any Londeners hereabouts?

I feel sorry for the guy, but he is toxic as hell. I guess it is the corallary to "don't stick you dick in crazy." "Don't invite crazy to live in your house."

Since he says he is homeless, then that means if/when you ask him to leave, you know you will be sending to live out on the streets because he won't ask to live with his grandmother who he verbally abuses.

Is Alex trying to get a job, or is he just trying to make a go of freelancing odd jobs & writing? I think it is about time he consider working for McDonalds and stop couch surfing in expensive cities.
Alex did have a house. But he brought it down with his standup.
...and so on and so forth.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Za-zen wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:I have a lot of interest in some of the social issues I see people discussing here, but the kinds of discussion that would interest me the most, and possibly keep me coming back, would be to encourage and support each other in our efforts to help reduce and counteract their harmful effects, and to help build a better world, for the benefit of all people, grounded in systematic and sustained efforts to improve our own character and conduct, and in service to our communities.

[blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...]
Yeah, we get it. You have the one true solution that will guide us towards all the improvements that YOU feel we should strive towards.

Holy fuck, buddy, are you ever in the wrong place! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First off, we're like 99%, if not 100%, atheists here. We think your imaginary friend is imaginary, even if you do put a po-mo metaphorical spin on it. Secondly, your attitude is really condescending. You have come here to show us all your righteous path in life, and that means you think we are all on the wrong path. Sure, you think you are being kind to share your oh-so true path with us, and to save us, but think about that. You are saying that we are on the wrong path. It doesn't matter that you avoid bad words when insulting people in that manner, it's still fucked up and koran-thumpy.

I mean, what the fuck? Are you really hoping to recruit here? If, however, you really want to discuss it, and you're not just here to recruit us, then how about discussing the actual, specific beliefs of your version of islam? I have a few questions:

Does your offshoot branch of islam have the same aversion to pigs and dogs that other muslims have?

Does your offshoot branch of islam believe that some religious crimes should be punished by death (eg: blasphemy, gay sex, unmarried sex if female)?

Does your offshoot branch of islam still mutilate baby's penises like the other branches of islam? Does your type of islam ever practice FGM?

Does your offshoot branch of islam require the veiling of females?

Does your offshoot branch of islam practice arranged marriages?

Does your offshoot branch of islam believe that religious laws should be the law of the land?

Does your offshoot branch of islam believe that your god split the moon and then put it back together again?

Does your offshoot branch of islam have a holy book, like the koran or some version of it?

Does your offshoot branch of islam promote the killing of unbelievers?

Does your offshoot branch of islam require any specific type of praying or other rituals whereby you reassure your god that he's a really great guy and that you really, really, love him cuz he's so great and stuff?[/ :twatson: quote]

Nailed it Scented. But let him build slymepit+. It's been a while since we had a woo woo retard around with his brain fart enlightenment to laugh at.

On another point. Nuke fucking Mecca #killthemall
Just Mecca? I have here, a button that will take out the whole middle east!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... button.jpg

Don't press it though. ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Two questions for Vickie:

1) In your tally of # Palestinians, do you include the Nth generation ones born outside of Israel/Palestine?

2) What, exactly is your proposed solution?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

comhcinc wrote: Wrong universe but I see you more as Penance.

Penance is a whiner, our Phil is much more badass than him. He's Batroc the Leaper.

http://www.superheroreviews.com/wp-cont ... merica.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote:Peez, the hackneyed 'Toon:

http://imgur.com/G0wRYAL.png

GSpellchecker, who knows what a hackneyed 'Toon looks like:

http://imgur.com/w6r5i6y.png
Ain't got nothing to say except Knight's gotten so good at trouncing Peezus he probably did this one by accident.

ffs

Post by ffs »

Brive1987 wrote:I have awoken still saddened by the thought of all the Nazis who felt awkward in the 1950s and 1960s because their experience was ruined by a few extremists.

I also awoke to PZ feeling ashamed that he felt especially connected to the Belgian bombings and hadn't written pieces on every single culturally disconnected death across the world.

And no one here has mentioned that the Palestinians must be kicking themselves that they didn't join the Jews in accepting the original partition plans but instead went plan b - wars of annihilation. At least they had their Jordanian allies to fall back on.

Oh and the Orbit? It's jumped the shark - look what crept out of moderation.

http://i.imgur.com/RIoPjcg.jpg
Well that cant be you, after all your pronounce your name like 'drive'

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Laurie Penny makes the events in Brussels all about herself:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:All, since jimhabegger said it would take a day or two for him to create his first thread, and already told us what his first post was going to be, I went ahead and saved him some time by creating the thread for him! That way we don't have to wait for him to answer questions.

So here it is:
The "God-centered community building" / "Jim's closet" / "Support group for self-improvement and community service" Thread!
:D :lol: :clap: How sweet! And clever! And thoughtful, for everyone's benefit! A wonderful example of community service. Thank you!

There might be some misunderstanding, about answering questions. :snooty: I don't want to take time to answer questions about Baha'i beliefs, practices, etc., in general. The only questions I might answer are ones that come up in discussing the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages, which looks promising to me as a way of helping to reduce and counteract the harmful effects of social illnesses, and helping to build a better world.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Laurie Penny makes the events in Brussels all about herself:

I notice St. Godfrey of Elfwick's name appears prominently in several of her instagrammed tweets.

Ergh, I can't believe I just typed "instagrammed tweets", I feel filthy. And not in one of the good ways.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Wrong universe but I see you more as Penance.

Penance is a whiner, our Phil is much more badass than him. He's Batroc the Leaper.

http://www.superheroreviews.com/wp-cont ... merica.jpg
First off Batroc is a villain. Secondly you can't find any place where Batroc doesn't suck and get his ass kicked.

Phil is much cooler.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Kirbmarc wrote:While Steers is Bozo the Iron Man.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... -sma03.jpg
Steers is bizarro.

John D

Post by John D »

jimhabegger wrote:
deLurch wrote:All, since jimhabegger said it would take a day or two for him to create his first thread, and already told us what his first post was going to be, I went ahead and saved him some time by creating the thread for him! That way we don't have to wait for him to answer questions.

So here it is:
The "God-centered community building" / "Jim's closet" / "Support group for self-improvement and community service" Thread!
:D :lol: :clap: How sweet! And clever! And thoughtful, for everyone's benefit! A wonderful example of community service. Thank you!

There might be some misunderstanding, about answering questions. :snooty: I don't want to take time to answer questions about Baha'i beliefs, practices, etc., in general. The only questions I might answer are ones that come up in discussing the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages, which looks promising to me as a way of helping to reduce and counteract the harmful effects of social illnesses, and helping to build a better world.
If you will not answer questions we get to look up the answers ourselves using the great Google.

Great dream you got there... fixing all the world's problems with your silly religion.

Trust me pitters... every fucking one of you ass holes has a "social illness"! Oh fuck! Iv'e got a social disease!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... 3%AD_Faith

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:From the light skimming I have done on the internet ...
:) :clap: Good work. I don't mean that I'm agreeing with everything you said, but I appreciate your approach to this very much.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimhabegger wrote:
:) :clap: Good work. I don't mean that I'm agreeing with everything you said, but I appreciate your approach to this very much.
You have your thread now fuck off to it to not answer questions about your stupid fucking beliefs, shithead.

John D

Post by John D »

jimhabegger wrote:
Busted... you just come here for my cash! How much did you give to these ass-holes?
Huqúqu'lláh and giving to funds[edit]
Huqúqu'lláh, the "Right of God", is a law which requires Bahá'ís to pay 19% of their surplus net-worth (i.e. those things that they do not need to live comfortably), after the discharge of all debts. The sum is calculated annually however it is paid only if the annual net worth amount increases - if their net worth stays the same or decreases the amount of Huqúqu'lláh is zero.[20]

Payment is an individual spiritual obligation, and is seen as a spiritual bounty to bring the individual closer to God. No Bahá'í can be solicited for it, and the contribution is confidential and a personal matter.[21] The money collected is used by the Universal House of Justice for such things as the promotion of the religion, the upkeep of properties, and general charity.[21]

Bahá'ís are also expected to make financial contributions to Bahá'í funds. However, contributions are strictly confidential, including whether or not a believer makes one, and is up to individual discretion. Donations are never solicited, and contributions are not accepted from non-Bahá'í sources.[22]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_laws

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Two questions for Vickie:

1) In your tally of # Palestinians, do you include the Nth generation ones born outside of Israel/Palestine?

In a rush, sorry.
There was a study recently, it counted all Palestinians, but separately, I think there are 6.2million in, and 12million out. 12 may be the total?

I don't have a solution. I think things will now play out badly for Isreal and it will fail in the end. I wish they would hurry up and get on with... because if you understand how terrorism work, you know how important it is.

Like when we were talking about Ulster. Putting and end to the discrimination and corruption was an essential step on the road to peace. It removed 90% of the problem, and it still took another 30 years to sort things out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Laurie Penny makes the events in Brussels all about herself:
Laurie Penny would make the Heat Death of the universe all about her.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Unless the Universal House of Justice either starts serving pancakes at 3 am or starts making videos called Tropes vs Bahai on Obscure Websites, I ain't giving them any of my money.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:The most popular scapegoats and targets for demonizing here seem to be SJW's, and I was tempted to come out as one, myself, but ... wait. Did I just do that?
Jim, from what little I know of you, you do not appear to be a SJW. There is a huge difference between people who work towards Social Justice (or promote their faith) and those that try to get others fired for publicly disagreeing with them, or seek out to put out ruinous slanders against an individual who does not agree with their ideology & try to pass off those slanders to that person's friends and families in order to make their life harder.

Maybe you do such activities. But from what you have stated in this forum so far, that does not appear to be something you would agree with doing.
The reason I think I could fairly call myself a social justice warrior is because I see myself fighting continually and zealously for social justice. It's one of the biggest passions in my life.

You're right that I would agree with doing the kinds of things you said.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Oops! deLurch, you're right that I would *not* agree with doing the kinds of things you said.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I had some interesting news over the weekend. One of my former employers, and the owner of one of the last functional tech writing companies in Western Canada, could not find more than 8 weeks of work in 2015, and ended up taking a "straight" job unrelated to the industry. So, I guess it's not just me; the industry is indeed tanking.

Personally, as I've said before, I think society is tanking and we're just at the edge of real major social collapse. Hopefully I'm wrong.

As for Alex McClown, as much as I detest him, I am sympathetic/empathetic. Homelessness is a soul destroying, fear inducing experience. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even an SJW like McClown. Once one becomes homeless, getting out of it is very, very difficult.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jimhabegger wrote: There might be some misunderstanding, about answering questions. :snooty: I don't want to take time to answer questions about Baha'i beliefs, practices, etc., in general. The only questions I might answer are ones that come up in discussing the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages, which looks promising to me as a way of helping to reduce and counteract the harmful effects of social illnesses, and helping to build a better world.
Jim, why -- and I say this with all due respect -- why would any of us give a flying fuck about the Bahai master plan to build a better world, if you won't talk about what you Bahaii believe in the first place?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I mean, sheesh! Even Creativity73 at least had the courtesy of telling us straight that she was saving the Aryan race by dedicating her twat to outbreeding the mongrel hordes.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Git wrote:It is the Arabs that are solely prolonging the conflict, largely prolonged by the victim complex of Islam.
Anyone who blames it all on one side ... either side ... is either an idiot or ideologue.

If I missed a quote from someone on the other side being equally stupid, then you have my apologies.
I tell people IRL that there are no "good guys" in the Middle East and if they want to understand what is going on they have to rid themselves of that concept first and foremost.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I don't remember Ulster being wiped off the face of the map.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

John Greg wrote:As for Alex McClown, as much as I detest him, I am sympathetic/empathetic. Homelessness is a soul destroying, fear inducing experience. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even an SJW like McClown. Once one becomes homeless, getting out of it is very, very difficult.
Agreed. It would still be a riot for him to be invited to couch-crash by a Pitter.

Or maybe humanizing. Who knows?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:I don't remember Ulster being wiped off the face of the map.
In Northern Ireland, both sides were approximately equally effective at killing the other, which is quite different from Israel/Palestine. That's why it's called Ulster ... both sides had guns but no-one on any of those islands can articulate the letter H properly.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tigzy wrote:Alex did have a house. But he brought it down with his standup.
...and so on and so forth.
So you are homeless in London. Should you spend the day:

A) Checking out options for a homeless shelter?

B) Calling your relatives and tell them you need a place to stay while you get up on your feet again.

C) See about getting a job, any job, even washing dishes so you can afford shelter

D) Consider moving to a less expensive area to live.

E) Spend your time shit post on some political event on twitter.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Two questions for Vickie:
And none of these half-measures. We need a final solution.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

d4m10n wrote:
John Greg wrote:As for Alex McClown, as much as I detest him, I am sympathetic/empathetic. Homelessness is a soul destroying, fear inducing experience. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even an SJW like McClown. Once one becomes homeless, getting out of it is very, very difficult.
Agreed. It would still be a riot for him to be invited to couch-crash by a Pitter.

If a Pitter is ready and able to help, why not? It would be the better outcome for everyone.

But seeing how Ronald treated his grandma and his mum for not sticking to the party line, I feel it will only end in tears for all involved.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Bah, If Alex can pay his train ticket to Nice, I can probably have him around for a while. It will will make for awkward Monopoly evenings, but we can manage...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Git wrote:It is the Arabs that are solely prolonging the conflict, largely prolonged by the victim complex of Islam.
Anyone who blames it all on one side ... either side ... is either an idiot or ideologue.

If I missed a quote from someone on the other side being equally stupid, then you have my apologies.
I tell people IRL that there are no "good guys" in the Middle East and if they want to understand what is going on they have to rid themselves of that concept first and foremost.
There are no "good guys" or "bad guys" in the world. Just a bunch of people with different interests and goals. I happen to find the goal of a secular liberal society is a very good one, but I'm aware that it has its limits and that many people are genuinely convinced, often for understandable (if in my opinion, very wrong) reasons that my goal is a horrible one.

The trick is to find a way to come to a peaceful compromise between those goals. Sadly, this isn't always possible. Some goals are violent in nature, others aren't by require violence to be achieved as of right now. The idea is then to try and minimize the damage. And again, this isn't possible, so there must be a hierarchy of damages.

Offended feelings should IMHO rank last, because it's far easier to recover from offence than from physical harm. Also it's impossible to recover from death.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

We may laugh at Jim Habegger, but he's in good company with his beliefs.

Even the Wombles support him apparently.

According to the song:

"Uncle Bulgaria ... He can't remember the days when he wasn't Baha'i ....."

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jimhabegger wrote:There might be some misunderstanding, about answering questions. :snooty: I don't want to take time to answer questions about Baha'i beliefs, practices, etc., in general. The only questions I might answer are ones that come up in discussing the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages, which looks promising to me as a way of helping to reduce and counteract the harmful effects of social illnesses, and helping to build a better world.
It appears as if "the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages" and the Baha'i faith are intrinsically linked. You can have the Baha'i farith without the "Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa." But you can't have the "Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa," without the Baha'i religion.

That is like saying we are going to talk about the community based efforts at the local Catholic Church, but we don't want to discuss the Catholic religion. You can't separate the church from the religion. It is like going to the zoo and saying DON'T TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING ELEPHANTS. ESPECIALLY THAT ALBINO ONE OVER THERE.

Git

Post by Git »

In Northern Ireland, both sides were approximately equally effective at killing the other, which is quite different from Israel/Palestine. That's why it's called Ulster ... both sides had guns but no-one on any of those islands can articulate the letter H properly.
Ironically, I grew up in Ballymena.

Which is many lols when you think about it.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

That is because we won.
As the Republicans object to the name 'Ulster' and it's flag, I am pretty sure had they won they would have wiped it off the map.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

John D wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:

So here it is:

If you will not answer questions we get to look up the answers ourselves using the great Google.

Great dream you got there... fixing all the world's problems with your silly religion.

Trust me pitters... every fucking one of you ass holes has a "social illness"! Oh fuck! Iv'e got a social disease!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... 3%AD_Faith
"Hey! I gotta social disease!" :lol:

West Side Story - Gee Officer Krupke! (1961) HD
[youtube]j7TT4jnnWys[/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Yeah, she's an awful cunt. Can you imagine how much twittering she could get out of a photo of a man wearing this t-shirt (which is in her twitter album):

http://i.imgur.com/uZV6lIC.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Bah, If Alex can pay his train ticket to Nice, I can probably have him around for a while. It will will make for awkward Monopoly evenings, but we can manage...
Yeah, asking him to pay rent on the house you own on boardwalk could be a tad awkward. Especially when he has run out of cash.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I won't answer questions about Baha'i beliefs and practices in general, or even about my own beliefs and practices, except in the context of what I want to discuss in my thread in the Bottomless pit, but I will try to answer some questions that keep coming up about my motives, intentions, attitudes and behavior here. I'll be working on a FAQ.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

deLurch wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:There might be some misunderstanding, about answering questions. :snooty: I don't want to take time to answer questions about Baha'i beliefs, practices, etc., in general. The only questions I might answer are ones that come up in discussing the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages, which looks promising to me as a way of helping to reduce and counteract the harmful effects of social illnesses, and helping to build a better world.
It appears as if "the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages" and the Baha'i faith are intrinsically linked. You can have the Baha'i farith without the "Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa." But you can't have the "Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa," without the Baha'i religion.

That is like saying we are going to talk about the community based efforts at the local Catholic Church, but we don't want to discuss the Catholic religion. You can't separate the church from the religion. It is like going to the zoo and saying DON'T TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING ELEPHANTS. ESPECIALLY THAT ALBINO ONE OVER THERE.
Bah. This is even more absurd that I expected. I had run across this earlier, but I though for sure you would not be absurd enough to want to talk about the Baha'i faith's primary governing body. I thought it must be some sort of small churchish type deal or community center your faith was attempting to start. But no, it is the primary governing body of the Baha'i faith.

The "Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa" is their Vatican.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal ... of_Justice
The Universal House of Justice is the supreme governing institution of the Bahá'í Faith. It is a legislative institution with the authority to supplement and apply the laws of Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, and exercises a judicial function as the highest appellate institution in the Bahá'í administration. The institution was defined in the writings of Bahá'u'lláh and `Abdu'l-Bahá, Bahá'u'lláh's successor, and was officially established in 1963 as the culmination of the Ten Year Crusade, an international Bahá'í teaching plan.[1]
Its nine members are elected every five years from the male membership in good standing of the world community by an electoral college consisting of all the members of each Bahá'í National Spiritual Assembly throughout the world. The Seat of the Universal House of Justice and its members reside in Haifa, Israel, on the slope of Mount Carmel.[1]
This is like talking about the Vatican, but not wanting to talk about or answer questions about the Catholic religion. It can't happen in any meaningful way.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jimhabegger wrote:I won't answer questions about Baha'i beliefs and practices in general, or even about my own beliefs and practices, except in the context of what I want to discuss in my thread in the Bottomless pit, but I will try to answer some questions that keep coming up about my motives, intentions, attitudes and behavior here. I'll be working on a FAQ.
If you bring it up and talk about it in this thread, we will talk about it, we will also talk about it and ask questions. If you don't want to answer the questions, as someone else pointed out, we will look up the answers ourselves.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimhabegger wrote:I won't answer questions about Baha'i beliefs and practices in general, or even about my own beliefs and practices, except in the context of what I want to discuss in my thread in the Bottomless pit, but I will try to answer some questions that keep coming up about my motives, intentions, attitudes and behavior here. I'll be working on a FAQ.

Hey shithead, you are not Clinton. If you refuse to engage then no one is going to talk to you.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:It appears as if "the process that I see being promoted by the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, for community development in neighborhoods and villages" and the Baha'i faith are intrinsically linked.
Yes. Agreed.
I'm not asking anyone not to talk about anything. I'm just not agreeing to try to answer all the questions that anyone wants to ask about the Baha'i Faith, myself.

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:

Hey shithead, you are not Clinton. If you refuse to engage then no one is going to talk to you.
So far that proposition is contradicted by the evidence.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Says the theist in the atheist forum.

That is a bit like climbing into a shark tank saying, "Don't bite me, I just want to ride around on you for a bit, okay?"

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jimhabegger wrote:I'm just not agreeing to try to answer all the questions that anyone wants to ask about the Baha'i Faith, myself.
So you are not going to enact the labor...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Yeah but the luster will wear off in a couple of days. If he wants to be a part of the community or even troll for any amount of time shithead is going to have to engage.

Dave

Post by Dave »

jimhabegger wrote:
I'm not asking anyone not to talk about anything. I'm just not agreeing to try to answer all the questions that anyone wants to ask about the Baha'i Faith, myself.
It's not like this is some binding contract. We give you a forum and you commit to answering all questions. You can say what you want and answer what you want. Or not, as the case may be. But you appear to be placing certain subjects off the table at the get go. You're welcome to do what you like, but I can't really see the point in talking about community building efforts if we can't talk about the goals of the community builders or the philosophy the efforts are centered around.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It's obvious you have some really evil sick stuff to cover up if you need to be so secretive.
Have you stopped eating babies yet? (you don't have to answer)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Hey bear. With all this jew talk why have you brought up some Brother whathisname?

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:
Dave wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Yeah but the luster will wear off in a couple of days. If he wants to be a part of the community or even troll for any amount of time shithead is going to have to engage.
I mostly agree, just pointing out why he might think otherwise.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:

I imagine him complaining constantly and snidely blogging/tweeting about his hosts on the side. Also might not be trustworthy around valuables, given his Marxist respect for property.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
It's obvious you have some really evil sick stuff to cover up if you need to be so secretive.
Have you stopped eating babies yet? (you don't have to answer)
Those things are like potato chips. Once you get started...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dave wrote:
I mostly agree, just pointing out why he might think otherwise.
Shithead doesn't think, he prays.

:rimshot:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Golly gee, I can't wait. But keep it in your own thread, pretty please. That would be swell, mister.