Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by HoneyWagon »

Don't forget to follow the new Orbit twitter feed
https://twitter.com/TheOrbit_Net

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Skep tickle wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Muscat(o) didnt have a beard before transitioning. ...
I don't think this is accurate. Having trouble finding photos with date stamps, but pretty sure the beard was a constant until transition. ("Shadow" but not a beard at Skepticon last fall, for example.)

___

From the past 7-8 days, on shaving, gender presentation, etc:

http://i.imgur.com/tYMfVHk.png?1

Fuck him.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote:
I don't think this is accurate. Having trouble finding photos with date stamps, but pretty sure the beard was a constant until transition. ("Shadow" but not a beard at Skepticon last fall, for example.)

___

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/tYMfVHk.png?1[/img]
My response to one of his:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Skep tickle wrote:

___

http://i.imgur.com/tYMfVHk.png?1
Steve Shives' buddy VarmintCoyote argues the same way in videos. Like Muscato, he has a heavy beard and wears a Van Dyke. Short, thinning hair. Leather jacket and tank top. And he'll glare at the camera and assert, "I AM a woman."

So, there's a subset among trans women who are and will remain indistinguishable from men, save for the fact they are women.

Nuts.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I mean, fucking hell, Muscato. At least try.

http://i.imgur.com/Ntm62a2.jpg

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Sunder said:
I haven't been paying attention, but is he lashing out at people who have insulted him in the past or is it just random?
He has a few special targets, me being one. I do not know why.

Pitch said:
I really like that new blogger, Anjuli, on FTB! She stays true to her convictions and when it comes to putting people in their place, she pulls no punches. She said Giliel got hoisted on her own petard! HAHAHA! Oh, what a day. What a lovely day.
Me too. She's fun, interesting, intelligent, has real-world experience, and is unwilling to support the FTB general dogma. She probably won't last very long at all. Or perhaps like Ally she'll stay, but will eventually be ignored by most of the normal FTB commentariat.
I hope you guys don't mind the blog like posts.
Of course we don't mind. We're family, man. At least, that's how I look at it.
I find it helps talking about it with friends. Typing it out is also oddly therapeutic. If you want me to take it to a separate thread or PM, let me know.
Keep it coming; keep it coming. I too, as you must be aware, use this place as my wailing/confession/personal matters wall.

Kirby The Forehead said:
People are willing to acknowledge a personal identity but they're not willing to be bossed around and ordered to never ever question this identity, or to be called bigots if they slip up, or never even to discuss the issues of gender identity, not even as an abstract case.
Or, if I may add, [they're not willing] to be yelled at, besmirched, and insulted for not knowing that someone who looks 110% like a manly man is actually 120% a womanly woman. I mean, seriously.... :hand:

Phil said:
Don't pull a John Greg on us unless you really have to. John, don't pull one either!
HAHA. Thanks Phil. I'm holding on until the last moment, so to speak. If I can find any way to avoid such finality, I will. But, as I've said, I don't have much hope. Reality is what reality is, and so on and so forth. The, erm, final solution is not something I want; it is something I feel is inevitable, or unavoidable due to circumstance. I mean, for fuck's sake, I cannot even get a job as a fucking Walmart greeter! Told I was overqualified. Jesus.

VickyCaramel said:
In an age where you can get food stamps and nobody needs to starve.
Is that actually true for everyone, everywhere in your country? And anyway, it's such a ridiculous over-simplification of real people's real-world survival needs, not to mention their psychological needs. There is far, far more to survival than just food or foodstamps.
In an age where fingerprints are kept on databases and the police will use DNA for minor crimes.
Oh c'mon. I must admit I do not live in your country, but it stretches my imagination to support the concept that police even think about, let alone pursue, minor crimes. They certainly don't in Canada.
In an age where sophisticated alarms and camera systems cost peanuts.
Ludicrous generlization and another over-simplification containing an endless list of bogus assumed knowledge.

Wheeee!

MORE FTB NEWS

One of the new FTB bloggers, to wit Fierce Roller (http://freethoughtblogs.com/fierceroller/), actually has a serious, academic post called "Origins of the sexes: Takashi Hamaji on mating type determination", wherein s/h/it actually talks about the existence of actual sexes, as in not cultural artifacts!!

A quote:
The evolution of sex is one of the big outstanding problems in evolutionary biology. The origin of sex is one of Maynard Smith and Szathmáry’s “Major Transitions,” on which I’m currently teaching a course here at the University of Montana. Our discussion of sex luckily coincided with the visit of the grad-invited Distinguished Speaker, Sally Otto, an important theorist on this topic (among others). Dr. Otto generously agreed to join us for the discussion, which turned out to be one of the best we’ve had.

A related problem to the origin of sex is the origin of males and females. Sexual reproduction doesn’t always involve males and females: lots of species that don’t even have males and females have sex. There are lots of traits that we associate with males and females — fancy plumage, differences in body size and type of genitalia, presence and absence of exaggerated weapons — but what actually defines males and females is differences in gamete size. Animals, plants, and other organisms with males and females are oogamous: males have small, swimming sperm, and females have large, immotile eggs. But lots of single-celled eukaryotes have only one size of gamete. We call these isogamous (‘equal gametes’).
Heretic!

I left a comment suggesting that s/h/it invite Dr. Professor H. J. Hornbeck over for a chit-chat. :naughty:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Skep tickle wrote:
I found these from presumably younger gigging years here:
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/dave,muscato/Interesting

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hmmm. S/h/it did not allow my comment.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Snip
Three possibilities come to mind:

(A) Statistical fluke.
(B) First real evidence of supersymmetry.
(C) Some French guy left a baguette in the collider again.[/quote]

The article refers to the point that (A) is a real possibility and (C) could also be a possibility (or any other random accidental fault in the LHC, but given 2 events noticed by two different teams and detectors of the LHC perhaps not), Not sure of (B) as I was under the impression that we can't generate enough energy tp test this yet. WhHat intrigues me is that there seems to be a consistent reference to "having to rewrite particle physics" in media reports on these incidents. While a truly spectacular finding might mean this I would be surprised if the LHC required such a paradigm shift but don't know enough to really know what could really be the result of a new heavy particle - hence my appeal to Korban who seems somewhat knowledgeable here.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:[.img]http://i.imgur.com/d9GhF66.png[/img]
:lol: :clap: That one's a keeper, one for my scrapbook. ;-)
HAHAHA!!
"I can say with utmost certainty that I am somewhat compelled..."
I think you could be a formidable superhero, Steersman :D
"We had to surrender. He started piling conditionals until we didn't know who from what from where anymore!"
:) But busted - those "conditionals" are my "triple whammies" (of Li'l Abner fame). It is rather amazing, if somewhat depressing, that many people don't note them, that there are periodically a number of hypotheses attached which might have some justification, and assume I've come down on one side of the fence or the other. Many issues have reasonable arguments on several sides, and I don't think it helps to be overly dogmatic about them - or careless in considering that fact.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Muscato owes me nothing, that is true.

And I think most people (at least over 95% of the ones I know) WANT to not be dicks to trans people and use the pronouns (meaning he/she...not the fucking alphabet soup Tumblr advises) that people want to be used.

But she seems to not understand or accept that 99% + of people in a given culture (not all cultures uses the same markers, but they all have internally understood markers) present clues as to their gender for others to see.
I cannot see inside your brain to see what you think you are...I have to SEE it. And if you are not even trying to do something to assist me, then I can't be arsed to accept you into the sisterhood.

Women do not have to wear dresses, makeup, have stylish hair. Many women eschew those things. But they usually still look like women because their bodies have been affected by estrogen and less testosterone.
Danielle's body has not, so she has to overcompensate if she wants to be seen as a woman by others. That is just the way it is.

I know several transwomen who are women to me and others...Danielle is not in that group yet.
I am using "she" in this post, but I can't really consider Danielle a transwoman yet either.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:I mean, fucking hell, Muscato. At least try.

"Hi, Mrs Muscato. Is Dave around?"

"Shaddup, wiseguy."

Maybe you've uncovered why he has cold feet :lol: :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

HoneyWagon wrote:Don't forget to follow the new Orbit twitter feed
Ah, thanks for reminding me.

Time to vote for your favorite Orbit Hashtag!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=489

Poll will be open until next Saturday 3/26.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Danielle Muscato isnt even her final form.
Ladies and Gentleman, Danielle Muskrato.
http://i.imgur.com/LnAbkk4.png

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]-Pr8S44o6N4[/youtube]

Watch the first ten minutes of this. It's great fun.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Well, Heina Dadhaboy may have changed the location of her blog but hasn't lightened up on her commenting policy or grown a sense of humor. She made an outright abusive comment toward me. :(
https://archive.is/cJEF2

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John Greg wrote:Sunder said:
I haven't been paying attention, but is he lashing out at people who have insulted him in the past or is it just random?
He has a few special targets, me being one. I do not know why.
You're at the top of my list. ;-)

Though I'm not sure why you would think that. I note that you happen to, commendably, show the flag and comment on various other blogs and such, but I simply happen to disagree with some of your positions - although nothing really springs to mind at the moment. But you might take note of Gumby's signature line.
John Greg wrote: ....

One of the new FTB bloggers, to wit Fierce Roller (http://freethoughtblogs.com/fierceroller/), actually has a serious, academic post called "Origins of the sexes: Takashi Hamaji on mating type determination", wherein s/h/it actually talks about the existence of actual sexes, as in not cultural artifacts!!

A quote:
The evolution of sex is one of the big outstanding problems in evolutionary biology. ....

A related problem to the origin of sex is the origin of males and females. Sexual reproduction doesn’t always involve males and females: lots of species that don’t even have males and females have sex. There are lots of traits that we associate with males and females — fancy plumage, differences in body size and type of genitalia, presence and absence of exaggerated weapons — but what actually defines males and females is differences in gamete size. Animals, plants, and other organisms with males and females are oogamous: males have small, swimming sperm, and females have large, immotile eggs. But lots of single-celled eukaryotes have only one size of gamete. We call these isogamous (‘equal gametes’).
Heretic!

I left a comment suggesting that s/h/it invite Dr. Professor H. J. Hornbeck over for a chit-chat. :naughty:
Interesting and important observation there that others might do well to give some thought to, i.e., "what actually defines males and females is differences in gamete size", although I expect that size is a somewhat secondary concomitant to function.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Xenu wrote:Danielle Muscato isnt even her final form.
http://i.imgur.com/LnAbkk4.png
A muskrat who dreams of being a beaver, no less.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Xenu wrote:Danielle Muscato isnt even her final form.
[.img]http://i.imgur.com/LnAbkk4.png[/img]
A muskrat who dreams of being a beaver, no less.
:lol: Guess envy is no respecter of species. :-)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I added a hashtag after the poll started and it wiped out a couple votes. Those who voted please go back and vote again. Sorry about that...

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=489

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Just watched England win their first Grand Slam since 2003, beating France to do so! Not the greatest game, but green shoots of recovery after the disappointing World Cup. :clap:

http://cdn.soticservers.net/tools/image ... N_8273.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Gumby wrote:I mean, fucking hell, Muscato. At least try.

There are transwomen and transmen, and then there are just fucking trolls. Muscato is a fucking attention seeker. I have no idea if he believes any of this shit himself but I'm not playing along. The only way he'll ever transition is if he laughs his girlcock off guilt-tripping some battered wife or rape victim into renouncing their cis-privilege.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Spike13 wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I hope you guys don't mind the blog like posts. I find it helps talking about it with friends. Typing it out is also oddly therapeutic. If you want me to take it to a separate thread or PM, let me know.
Never a problem, although I do look forward to the post where you tell us that your dad is in full remission and doing well.

We do have pretty big hearts for a bunch of " hyper-critical" assholes.
Ha, yes, even us slymers have hearts! :lol: And yeah, so do I, mate, so do I. Cheers.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I hope you guys don't mind the blog like posts. I find it helps talking about it with friends. Typing it out is also oddly therapeutic. If you want me to take it to a separate thread or PM, let me know.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm totally fine with it. It's a bit of what the pit is here for. And really, your dad's situation sucks big time. You have all my sympathy.

Regarding his sleeping problem: If there's no counter-indication, maybe one or two glasses of scotch before bed would help? I know it works for me when I have trouble sleeping. Of course, since his health is poor, it might not be the best advice.
Thanks, man. Appreciate it. As for the scotch, ever since he puked blood he's been keeping a close eye on what he consumes/imbibes. Maybe it could help, but as far as I know he hasn't drunk in years so I don't know.
Gumby wrote:
Dude don't worry about it in the slightest. You're among friends here. It's Steersman we want in a separate thread. :dance:

When I lost my mother back in November I didn't discuss it much here. The important thing is I knew if I wanted to, everyone would support me. This place is alright.
Oh yeah, that's right! Your mother. I know you said she was sick, too, when I announced my dad got cancer but I didn't realise it was so soon after. Shit, man, I'm sorry. :(

Yeah, for me it makes me feel a bit better just talking to people I know and care about. Family. Friends. I love this place and I wouldn't say anything if I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Laughter is a great repellent for depression, too. :D
Eskarina wrote:
Only speaking for myself, but if posts like your last one aren't welcome here anymore, I would leave. There's lived experience SJW-style and then there's lived experience and empathy.

And pouncetugs.
Thanks, Eskarina!

I'll just steal some of those pouncetugs. ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Well, Heina Dadhaboy may have changed the location of her blog but hasn't lightened up on her commenting policy or grown a sense of humor. She made an outright abusive comment toward me. :(
Hyena is the moral equivalent of a yeast infection.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote:
Malky wrote:
Malky wrote:Just dropping this here - hopefully some of the more erudite people here could expaned a bit on this (I'm thinking of you Korban)

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... rticle-lhc
(I also not that my question to Ape+Lust hasn't been answered yet) :o
Nobody was happy with my answer :cry:

And of course, when the discussion turns to particle physics, the only useful info from me is how many octopuses I've fucked :lol:

I'll say again -- I've learned a thing or two from watching the old buzzard.

http://imgur.com/TFGJTky.jpg
No. No. No. We know that you aren't perverted enough to stick your dick in a cephalopod. It was your lived experience with eagle's beaks (where eagle dare, if you will) that peaked our interest.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Oglebart wrote:Just watched England win their first Grand Slam since 2003, beating France to do so! Not the greatest game, but green shoots of recovery after the disappointing World Cup. :clap:

http://cdn.soticservers.net/tools/image ... N_8273.jpg
Disappointing World Cup you say?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Well, Heina Dadhaboy may have changed the location of her blog but hasn't lightened up on her commenting policy or grown a sense of humor. She made an outright abusive comment toward me. :(
You’re a liar and a troll and the slimiest Pitter I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with. Take your disingenuous crap elsewhere.
I see hot sex in your future.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:Somebody's momma?

http://imgur.com/nBp0ja5.jpg
No, diverting strains from different biological warfare labs.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

screwtape wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:By the way. On a completely unrelated, more somber note, about my dad, to counter the growth of cancer cells, a few months ago he received a shot of estrogen (apparently this kind feeds on testosterone). It wasn't so bad at first (apart from him feeling nauseous from time to time), but now he's experiencing bouts of what evidently women feel when they hit menopause; either he's very warm and sweating profusely or very cold and freezing. The latter is usually internal and not something you can feel on the skin itself but the former you can, like he has a fever or something. It also mostly happens in succession.

It only lasts for a few minutes, but the problem is it happens more than once a day. It could also just hit whenever and he doesn't have any medicine to counteract it so that means he's got trouble sleeping at night. Luckily he's used to not getting much sleep due to his work (well, former now), so he's not too worse for wear but some days you can tell he's not feeling well at all. Still, he's all smiles and no worries when you talk to him because that's how he's always been. And I know there's nothing I can do but it doesn't make me feel any better.
I don't think it will be œstrogen, as I'm old enough to remember starting prostate cancer patients on an œstrogen (stilbœstrol) but also not too old to forget why we stopped using it (deep vein thromboses). It's much more likely to be a gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist or antagonist (depends on which hormone we try to block), something that blocks the release from the hypothalamus of the chemicals that tell the pituitary gland to send further chemicals to the gonads (testes in this case) to make testosterone. Zoladex and Lupron are the two I'm most used to using, and are usually given every month or every three months, depending on formulation. What you describe are hot flashes (UK: flushes) and are a sign it is working. It might be best to look at it like this: you don't want to do anything about them, as they are a sign that the drug is doing what it is supposed to do. While there isn't an actual connection, your dad might like to think of each hot flash as a setback for the cancer as it gets knocked back by the drug. The hot flashes themselves are a withdrawal symptom for blood vessels that have spent a lifetime controlling their calibre under the influence of sex hormones that they are now deprived of, and they let you know it. Eventually, they get used to the new normal.
Ahh. So that's what that is. I asked my dad what the shot was and he said the doctors said it was female hormones so I just assumed it was estrogen. Gotcha. But I just told him about the hot flashes/flushes and what it was and that made him feel more at ease with the whole thing (even if it is a pain in the arse), so thanks for that. However, I just received news that doctors have said there might be another shot they can give him to mitigate the frequency of flashes/flushes or something like that, they're talking to him more on Monday. Having read what you just said about how the best thing to do is to leave it the way it is, I'm suddenly not so sure about the other shot.
Pitchguest wrote: Fucking cancer, man.
Yup. I know what you mean.
All too well, I imagine. Hang in there. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Really?

Post by Really? »

fuzzy wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
I found these from presumably younger gigging years here:
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/dave,muscato/Interesting

Good for her. Women are underrepresented in rock and it is nice to see that Danielle has made herstory as an important female bassist. This kind of thing matters to little girls who look up to her and can see themselves in her.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:
You’re a liar and a troll and the slimiest Pitter I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with. Take your disingenuous crap elsewhere.
Hurrah! I'm no longer the slimiest.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Well, you've got Great American Satan on your case there also, I guess now that he has his own blog now there is an extra zeal in his endeavours, and he's wasted no time in acting as the thread cop there.

What was the insult that Heina said you were banned for? Did you ask her when her book was coming out? That's a question she won't want to answer, interesting to see that she was plugging the Orbit Kickstarter in one post, well she should know.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I love how she felt compelled to insist that A+ isn't dead. It's not just the forum, that whole idea got laughed out of the atheosphere. Those idiots continue to demonstrate that they think that they are at the apex of atheism and can dictate anything to the rest of us. How fucking funny.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote:
Heina About A Boy wrote:PS A+ is hardly “destroyed” and you sound like a bot that picked up on some SJ language and spat it back. Pathetic.
I love how she says "cringeworthy turds" and "whitesplaining" is "SJ language" - essentially baby talk toddlers use to fight in the playground.

As for A+ ...

http://atheismplus.com/forums/index.php

(crickets)

Wait! There's a recent comment, four days ago, what does it say?
Is this forum still active?
Oh.

:violin:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz wrote:No. No. No. We know that you aren't perverted enough to stick your dick in a cephalopod. It was your lived experience with eagle's beaks (where eagle dare, if you will) that peaked our interest.
Okay, okay, you've worn me down. I lied. Never happened. It's a fantasy of mine. I can't help myself.

I'm not proud, there's just something about her.

http://imgur.com/zF0Sy4E.jpg

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

John Greg wrote: VickyCaramel said:
In an age where you can get food stamps and nobody needs to starve.
Is that actually true for everyone, everywhere in your country? And anyway, it's such a ridiculous over-simplification of real people's real-world survival needs, not to mention their psychological needs. There is far, far more to survival than just food or foodstamps.
Welfare means people's basic survival needs are taken care of. If you think people's psychological needs are a reasonable justification for committing crime, I'd love to hear it.

Besides, we know this young man's circumstances, so where does "everyone, everywhere in your country?" come from?
John Greg wrote:
In an age where fingerprints are kept on databases and the police will use DNA for minor crimes.
Oh c'mon. I must admit I do not live in your country, but it stretches my imagination to support the concept that police even think about, let alone pursue, minor crimes. They certainly don't in Canada.
Just a few weeks ago I had a long conversation with an officer sitting in my home while his collogue interviewed my daughter. This happened a week after two of my neighbours were burgled so the subject came up. He told me that they now routinely take DNA evidence from even minor crimes such as burglaries and property thefts if there is a reasonable chance that there is evidence. It is actually easier to collect than fingerprint evidence and doesn't cost much money to process these days. When they eventually make an arrest, they can then tie a lot of other crimes to the culprit because most crimes are committed by the same few people. He told me about 80% of the house breakers in my area were local and he could probably name them all from memory.
Maybe you can make the argument that police in the US are underfunded compared to the UK police?
John Greg wrote:
In an age where sophisticated alarms and camera systems cost peanuts.
Ludicrous generlization and another over-simplification containing an endless list of bogus assumed knowledge.
...again, I spent time with the police a couple of weeks ago, out on the streets near where a crime was committed against my daughter. An officer walked each side of the street looking for houses who had cameras pointed out onto the street. There were quite a few.

http://ebay.to/1pTAyO6 ~ there you go, four night vision cameras for less than $100. You can also get sensor kits at fairly low prices, like this one http://ebay.to/1puDlfX. Not as effective as owning a dog, but far, far cheaper. In fact I know a guy who uses his phone to keep an eye on his dogs from work with the help of inexpensive securities systems like this.

Where is the bogus assumed knowledge? This is all stuff a house breaker has to risk in this day and age.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Really? wrote: Good for her. Women are underrepresented in rock and it is nice to see that Danielle has made herstory as an important female bassist. This kind of thing matters to little girls who look up to her and can see themselves in her.
Well, there are some trailblazers out there though :o

http://www.hintmag.com/__data/d122796b1 ... 1066fb.jpg

http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com/

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Gumby wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=489

You have #Orbitters twice on that poll.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I just adore the irony of a network that calls itself The Orbit, citing people like Galileo as their inspiration, puts people into moderation and bans people for daring to speak against the status quo.

Fine work, people!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ape+lust wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:No. No. No. We know that you aren't perverted enough to stick your dick in a cephalopod. It was your lived experience with eagle's beaks (where eagle dare, if you will) that peaked our interest.
Okay, okay, you've worn me down. I lied. Never happened. It's a fantasy of mine. I can't help myself.

Obligatory.

[youtube]wzK4kEkLzfs[/youtube]

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Pitchguest wrote:I just adore the irony of a network that calls itself The Orbit, citing people like Galileo as their inspiration, puts people into moderation and bans people for daring to speak against the status quo.

Fine work, people!
Hence forth, we should call being blocked, banned, deleted, or no-platformed, #Galileoed

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Gumby wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=489

Jesus fucking Christ I know already. I've already been huffily informed. It doesn't matter FFS.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Ape+lust wrote:

Looks familiar:
Anita Jewkeesian.jpg
(54.04 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Gumby wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: You have #Orbitters twice on that poll.
Jesus fucking Christ I know already. I've already been huffily informed. It doesn't matter FFS.
Well actually, it does. I thought I would just mention #Orbitters again in the main thread to remind everybody that #Orbitters is a great tag.
In fact I already started using #Orbitters on twitter after i saw somebody unconnected with the pit using it.

Vote #Orbitters

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Gumby wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: <snip>
Sheesh. Jumping down someone's throat for a trivial transgression? You need to be on a more even keel - like me. ;-)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The solution to 11 across in today's Globe and Mail cryptic crossword will be familiar. The clue was: "He navigates the steamer to move between poles."

Anagram of steamer with an N and an S for the poles he is between.

Not a Cleveland steamer (this time).

Give up?

STEERSMAN!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Looks familiar:
Anita Jewkeesian.jpg
Uh-oh. I wasn't looking to go there.

This is more like her real schnozz. Really :shock:

http://imgur.com/4k5WNcL.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:The solution to 11 across in today's Globe and Mail cryptic crossword will be familiar. The clue was: "He navigates the steamer to move between poles."

Anagram of steamer with an N and an S for the poles he is between.

Not a Cleveland steamer (this time).

Give up?

STEERSMAN!
:dance: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :flags-canada: :-)

Always nice to see some feedback emphasizing the concept. ;-)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Oglebart wrote:
Well, you've got Great American Satan on your case there also, I guess now that he has his own blog now there is an extra zeal in his endeavours, and he's wasted no time in acting as the thread cop there.

What was the insult that Heina said you were banned for? Did you ask her when her book was coming out? That's a question she won't want to answer, interesting to see that she was plugging the Orbit Kickstarter in one post, well she should know.
GAS and I think Sally Strange were both lobbying to get me banned, that happened in Nov or Dec 2014.
I looked back at the archives around that time and couldn't find the comments that got her to ban me, but I recall I really didn't step over the boundary. As far as I can remember Sally Strange was flinging insults at me and when I replied with a something comparatively mild I got the heave-ho.
I'm pretty sure I didn't break any commenting rules but it was all about the unwritten rule of never disagreeing with a snowflake and win the debate.
Oh and Heina, if you're reading this, I don't care what Brive suggested above. Because of your abusive behavior toward me I'm not going to bestow any hot passion on you. :P

SM12

Post by SM12 »

May I be the first to point out that Danielle Muscato is not a woman.

Tbe correct appellation for this human being is 'tosser'.

Or, if preferred, 'trans-tosser.'

But, regardless of prefix, 'tosser' is the best description of this person.

'.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Gumby wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

___

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/tYMfVHk.png?1[/img]
I'm going to paraphrase a sentiment expressed here recently - that if you ain't even trying, you ain't trans.

I'm not saying a trans person has to opt for surgery for me to consider them as the gender they want to be known as, but fuck Dave "Danielle" Muscato. I wish the whole fucking internet would grab him by the collar and shake him while yelling "YOU'RE A DUDE, SHUT THE FUCK UP." For him to get so fucking huffy about this shit when he knows full well he has more five-o'clock shadow than Fred Flintstone is fucking ridiculous and shows he's probably milking this for the attention. In any case, unless he starts actually transitioning instead of just spewing a bunch of laughable bullshit, I refuse to call that hairy dudebro by his preferred pronouns.
The 'fact' 'she' 'is gay' is what makes me just say fuck that shit. He looks for all the world like a hetero man trying to get some sympathy-pussy from well-meaning, gullible SJW types who wouldn't look twice at him otherwise.

Now, do I really believe he's lying just for attention/poon? On balance probably not - but the suspension of disbelief he is asking us to perform is so enormous, so ludicrous, he cannot realistically expect everyone to play along, and be affronted when they don't.

People who do transition gain respect for their choices partly out of the sheer bravery of doing so - gender reassignment is a serious and stressful business, so the least we can do for people like that is respect their personal pronouns. Muscato has done none of this, and is freeloading off the bravery of other trans people. He has also behaved like a total cunt. He can fuck off.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

I want to transition to a woman.

I've grown a beard.

What is the next step?

SM12

Post by SM12 »

I want to transition to a woman.

I've grown a beard.

What is the next step?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Søren Lilholt wrote: *snip*
People who do transition gain respect for their choices partly out of the sheer bravery of doing so - gender reassignment is a serious and stressful business, so the least we can do for people like that is respect their personal pronouns.*snip*
Well fuck that. Why do I have to respect the personal pronouns of someone who has either had their cock and balls cut off and a couple of silicon bags fitted upstairs, or who has had their funbags thrown in a bin and a dildo stuck onto their mons pubis?

What about people who truly believe that they have a limb which doesn't belong to them? Should they be allowed to have a surgical team remove it? Wasn't there some story remarked upon at the Pit a few years ago about a chick who cut off her toes because she didn't like them? It's fucking ridiculous.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Pitchguest wrote:By the way. On a completely unrelated, more somber note, about my dad, to counter the growth of cancer cells, a few months ago he received a shot of estrogen (apparently this kind feeds on testosterone). It wasn't so bad at first (apart from him feeling nauseous from time to time), but now he's experiencing bouts of what evidently women feel when they hit menopause; either he's very warm and sweating profusely or very cold and freezing. The latter is usually internal and not something you can feel on the skin itself but the former you can, like he has a fever or something. It also mostly happens in succession.

It only lasts for a few minutes, but the problem is it happens more than once a day. It could also just hit whenever and he doesn't have any medicine to counteract it so that means he's got trouble sleeping at night. Luckily he's used to not getting much sleep due to his work (well, former now), so he's not too worse for wear but some days you can tell he's not feeling well at all. Still, he's all smiles and no worries when you talk to him because that's how he's always been. And I know there's nothing I can do but it doesn't make me feel any better.

He already had enough trouble sleeping with the painkillers that doesn't quite work and the stomach problems with how many pills he consumes per day. (Hence the traumatic event a few weeks ago that caused me to nearly shit my pants, either the pills or something he ate or drank or a combination did not agree with him and he puked blood. It was not pretty.)

He's scheduled for another shot this May. (The effect lasts for about six months.)

Fucking cancer, man.
Is he taking anything to bolster his testosterone or prevent it from being converted to estrogen? This crap can play hell on his moods,

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Easy J wrote:

He already had enough trouble sleeping with the painkillers that doesn't quite work and the stomach problems with how many pills he consumes per day. (Hence the traumatic event a few weeks ago that caused me to nearly shit my pants, either the pills or something he ate or drank or a combination did not agree with him and he puked blood. It was not pretty.)

He's scheduled for another shot this May. (The effect lasts for about six months.)

Fucking cancer, man.
Is he taking anything to bolster his testosterone or prevent it from being converted to estrogen? This crap can play hell on his moods,
The hormonal therapy he's on works by suppressing his testosterone, because testosterone stimulates prostate cancer. cells.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Gumby wrote:I added a hashtag after the poll started and it wiped out a couple votes. Those who voted please go back and vote again. Sorry about that...

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=489

None of mine made the list.

What are you some type of hashtag Nazi?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM12 wrote:I want to transition to a woman.

I've grown a beard.

What is the next step?
Shave your head, start using the women's room.

Congratulations! You now have always been a woman.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Why just post, when you can shit-post?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/templeofth ... 2579117757