Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
We should send Agent Steersman over to offer support.
:-) On the case.

<snip>
[youtube]e-JHfXVlkik[/youtube]
The French one was much better!

[youtube]i0mlC026Wwk[/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Original post (Feedly):
Oh thank fuck for that. But to make extra sure you stick the flounce, I’ve blocked your email and IP address.
Redacted post (The Orbit):
Oh thank fuck for that. But to make extra sure you remain gone, I’ve blocked your email and IP address.
I'm guessing she got some feedback, perhaps from co-Orbiteer Aoife.

Stout

Post by Stout »

John Greg wrote:Jesus, talk about grumpy bitter old men. I might be forlorn, fatalistic, and somewhat suicidal, but even I'm not this bitter. PZ says:
Sometimes, the hard part of being a humanist is all the goddamn humans.

At the cell and tissue level, they’re pretty nifty, but once they start perambulating around they’re mostly all about stomping on you.

I’d probably be happier if all my interactions with the world were with computers and embryos. OK, and libraries. Libraries are cool. Especially computer-accessible libraries with books about embryos.

But people…people mostly suck.
What a pathetic patriarch.

Link for the curious: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /18/27568/

I wonder if any of his students have read that and now know how he feels about them? Would you want this guy in a position of power over you ?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Is Pizzy wearing mall walkers/ hiking shoes and a suit????

Almost as good as his t-shirt and suit conference wear or the skatchy overgrown pubic hair beard.

His wife lets him leave the house like that?
Hell, if I taught intro biology at a rural annex campus in the middle of cow country, I'd show up for class in Dan Post's, stacked Wranglers, A Cody James with snap buttons, and a white Stetson.

And, yeah, groom the damn beard. The Aqualung look works for no one.

That ensemble Sounds like it would look cool as hell.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

d4m10n wrote:Original post (Feedly):
Oh thank fuck for that. But to make extra sure you stick the flounce, I’ve blocked your email and IP address.
Oh thank fuck for that. But to make extra sure you remain gone, I’ve blocked your email and IP address.
Within 3 months, all blog posts on Teh Obit will consist of one as-of-yet-undetermined, SJW-approved sentence, repeated over and over.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Welcome SJWs (Wiki page on Lysenkoism):
Proponents falsely claimed to have discovered, among many other things, that rye could transform into wheat and wheat into barley, that weeds are spontaneously transmuting into food grains, and that 'natural cooperation' was observed in nature as opposed to 'natural selection'.Lysenkoism promised extraordinary advances in breeding and agriculture that never came about.
All will be fine as long as ideological purity is held. Not to mention:
The campaign was supported by Joseph Stalin. More than 3,000 mainstream biologists were sent to prison or fired or executed as a part of this campaign instigated by Lysenko to suppress his scientific opponents. The president of the Agriculture Academy was sent to prison and died there, while the scientific research in the field of genetics was effectively destroyed until the death of Stalin in 1953

Fuck that shit and the horse they rode in on.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm down 10 lbs. since the first of the month. 222 to 212. Much of that is water, but I'm not deyhydrated. Im just not-carrying the water in muscles, because I'm only eating 7g to 30g of carbs per day. Around 120g of fat. And 120g of protein (to avoid muscle-loss).

Also doing normal-errands by bicycle not subway, and daily short workouts on youtube (like 10 minutes).

My pants are looser in the waistband & tighter where calves & thighs flex on the bike.

Joe Rogan's Onnit Tplus supplement is wacky... minutes after I drink it, I get a slight buzz like a single beer on a hot thirsty day, or like strong coffee. And a pent-up energized feeling... & can't decide between wanting to exercise or jerk-off. It takes very-little to get me turned on... a sexy picture on reddit, or a banner ad! Puberty!

Getting out in the springtime sun is probably affecting the frisky feeling, too.

When my brain gets fuzzy, I suck on a coarse grain of sea salt, for brain-electrolytes. When muscles stiffen, I have an avocado or pill for Magnesium body-electrolytes. Without carbs, I lose my fast-talking mental quickness. Long pauses to think before I reply. But running On Oil (fat) feels like a slow-starting diesel engine that doesn't rev fast... but goes and goes and goes.

When Im relaxing after a physically strenuous day, I find myself in a weird state where my mind is kaput but body keeps tooling right along. Brainless endurance zombie.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It's hardly worth noting that if you're in-group, you get charitable assumptions of just not knowing any better rather than accusations of dog-whistle homophobia.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Gumby wrote:
John Greg wrote:Jesus, talk about grumpy bitter old men. I might be forlorn, fatalistic, and somewhat suicidal, but even I'm not this bitter. PZ says:
Sometimes, the hard part of being a humanist is all the goddamn humans.

At the cell and tissue level, they’re pretty nifty, but once they start perambulating around they’re mostly all about stomping on you.

I’d probably be happier if all my interactions with the world were with computers and embryos. OK, and libraries. Libraries are cool. Especially computer-accessible libraries with books about embryos.

What a pathetic patriarch.

Link for the curious: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /18/27568/
This, from the poser who once said atheism and his love for humanity were the guiding factors in his life.

:twatson:
If PZ doesn't contradict himself at least twice a day his wave function will collapse and he'll vanish.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Gumby wrote:
Within 3 months, all blog posts on Teh Obit will consist of one as-of-yet-undetermined, SJW-approved sentence, repeated over and over.
"All persons are equal, but some are much more equal than others"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sunder wrote:
If PZ doesn't contradict himself at least twice a day his wave function will collapse and he'll vanish.
Schrodinger's Myers or the Heisenberg ParaMyers?

Asking for a friend...

Dave

Post by Dave »

Gumby wrote:
http://www.whale.to/c/IMG_0076hh.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote: Holy shit... that old lady deserves a medal.

She took that kid out with one shot... our cops usually need to fire 16 times!
Good or bad, a lot of police departments train cops that once the decision has been made to use deadly force, then you empty the clip and make sure they are down.

As to the video and story I am holding my judgement. While it appears on the surface that the women was legally in her rights, there is always also a moral question.

If the story comes out that the kid was just trying to leave with his ill gotten goods I don't think that is a reason to take some one's life. If on the other hand she stopped him and there was a confrontation and she feared for her life, then good on her.

Any how the friends or family of the dead kid are not doing their community any favors with their rationing of his crimes.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Dave wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Earlier this week I took my seat for a lecture, and a couple of unfamiliar women came in and sat next to me. The lecture hall is relatively cramped, with the rows being close together, and the women immediately next to me was tall, with long legs. So needless to say, the bitch was manspreading all over me. Her stance was much wider than mine, and for the entire time I had to face this oppression with quiet stoicism.

I survived, but now I have PTSD. :(
A few weeks ago, I was taking the train downtown when an attractive woman in a short skirt came on and sat down opposite me. There was noone next to her and she proceeded to womanspread.

I still have flashbacks.
You guys have so much more exciting lives than mine.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Thanks for the links to Quatermass Factor.

I somehow missed that particular post/thread.

Edited to correct dyslexic "R"s.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Hee hee, it's all going very Atheism+ isn't it? That did not take long.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

comhcinc wrote:

Good or bad, a lot of police departments train cops that once the decision has been made to use deadly force, then you empty the clip and make sure they are down.

As to the video and story I am holding my judgement. While it appears on the surface that the women was legally in her rights, there is always also a moral question.

If the story comes out that the kid was just trying to leave with his ill gotten goods I don't think that is a reason to take some one's life. If on the other hand she stopped him and there was a confrontation and she feared for her life, then good on her.

Any how the friends or family of the dead kid are not doing their community any favors with their rationing of his crimes.
In the news report it did mention that there was a confrontation and then the gun was fired. But only two people know for sure how it went down I guess.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oglebart wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

In the news report it did mention that there was a confrontation and then the gun was fired. But only two people know for sure how it went down I guess.
Maybe I hope the cameras captured the events.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

It's Florida, home of the stand your ground law. My guess is she walks and we all learn the lesson that in America you can be killed for the crime of burglary being black while raising funds for your education.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Kirbmarc wrote:
John Greg wrote:Where is the thread that has Ania Bula apologizing for breathing and for using the word poor? Links please, not archives.
Link

The "poor" comment is comment 7 by Eli, followed by Bula's reply. The "breathing" comment is comment 9 by Lawrence Castairs, followed by Bula's reply.
Someone with spare spoons (and a safe account) should point out that "bullshit" is sexist and then repeat Kirbnarc's point from Atheism+ that "fucking" has all sorts of problems, from rape-apology to denying lesbians (who aren't into strap-ons).

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote:It's Florida, home of the stand your ground law. My guess is she walks and we all learn the lesson that in America you can be killed for the crime of burglary being black while raising funds for your education.
Oh I am pretty sure she was well in her legal rights no matter exactly how the story went down. It's the morality of it that I am withholding judgement on.

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote:

Many firearms self-defense classes teach the same.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Old_ones wrote:
Why use hurtful words like "poor" or "stupid", when a simple "ungood" would suffice?

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:

It was a joke. I understand why cops fire multiple times.

At the same time, I feel no pity for the dead kid or his family.... but... I am a total fucking asshole when it comes to burglars. Especially people who steel from old ladies. Fuckem into the ground.

The attitude of the family is the problem. "Homey from the hood jus be tryin to suvive... dat mean ole lady shooda give him a cookie cause he be hungry too." Fucking barbarians. If my kid was caught steeling I would be horrified and ashamed. What ever happened to shame? Doen't anybody feel shame for anything anymore? Fucking barbarians.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Cnutella wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Why use hurtful words like "poor" or "stupid", when a simple "ungood" would suffice?
Wrong, shitlord. Attaching negative connotations to the word 'ungood' is an act of oppression toward the otherly-gooded.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

At the same time, I feel no pity for the dead kid or his family.... but... I am a total fucking asshole when it comes to burglars. Especially people who steel from old ladies. Fuckem into the ground.

The attitude of the family is the problem. "Homey from the hood jus be tryin to suvive... dat mean ole lady shooda give him a cookie cause he be hungry too." Fucking barbarians. If my kid was caught steeling I would be horrified and ashamed. What ever happened to shame? Doen't anybody feel shame for anything anymore? Fucking barbarians.

I got the joke, I just decided to turn it into a learning moment. :character-afro:

Can we really call this women old? Or a lady?

I do feel pity for the kid's parents. Burglary in the grand scheme of things is not that big of a deal. This was a 17 year old kid, his ability at risk assessment could not have been that good. Having kids of my own I don't know if I could even handle one of them dying.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John Greg wrote: PZ says:
So we're back on pneumatic presence again?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

PZ Myers, developmental biologist, wrote:If there is one biological imperative for humans, it is this: love one another. Build communities. Cooperate. Help each other in adversity. Successful populations will express these behaviors to a greater degree.
The beauty of that quote is, it's from a guy who thinks Evo Psych is bullshit, and sez only idiots believe in Group Selection.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:
John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

I got the joke, I just decided to turn it into a learning moment. :character-afro:

Can we really call this women old? Or a lady?

I do feel pity for the kid's parents. Burglary in the grand scheme of things is not that big of a deal. This was a 17 year old kid, his ability at risk assessment could not have been that good. Having kids of my own I don't know if I could even handle one of them dying.
On a related topic, I found this discussion to be very good indeed. I do believe we are diverging as a society in America. This video is an hour long, but I guarantee some of you will find it well worth a listen. I never heard of "Coming Apart" before this.

[youtube]eB5kQ2XDbAg[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I am going to give that video a watch right now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Is Pizzy wearing mall walkers/ hiking shoes and a suit????

Almost as good as his t-shirt and suit conference wear or the skatchy overgrown pubic hair beard.

His wife lets him leave the house like that?
Hell, if I taught intro biology at a rural annex campus in the middle of cow country, I'd show up for class in Dan Post's, stacked Wranglers, A Cody James with snap buttons, and a white Stetson.

And, yeah, groom the damn beard. The Aqualung look works for no one.

That ensemble Sounds like it would look cool as hell.
And I'd wear spurs, so when I gave the kids a pop quiz on Round-Up induced mutations in Zebra Fish lamarckian inheritance of aquired traits the evolution of nipples in males cell structure, I could walk up & down the line of desks and jingle-jangle.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

I was going to give the lady credit for taking him out of the gene pool but at 17 he probably has three offspring already.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oglebart wrote:
Hee hee, it's all going very Atheism+ isn't it? That did not take long.
Xie is an asexual writer of erotic fiction. You can't make this shit up.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Some interesting discussions found in the comments of "Great American Satan" commenting rules post:

http://archive.is/VdFIn

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote: When my brain gets fuzzy, I suck on a coarse grain of sea salt, for brain-electrolytes. When muscles stiffen, I have an avocado or pill for Magnesium body-electrolytes.
Not wanting to be difficult, but what exactly are the differences between brain-electrolytes and body-electrolytes? I feel obliged to ask for the restless souls of all those clever physiologists who lectured me.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

H. Korban wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:"Ania Bula"

Isn't this triggering for people suffering from bulimia?
In Hindi the word "Bula", pronounced as "bull-aa" is a gutter slang for an erect penis. Very triggering for those suffering from ED. Or those suffering from penis envy.
Penises are the tool of The Patriarchy™.

:twatson:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

dogen wrote:
Cnutella wrote:
Old_ones wrote: "All persons are equal, but some are much more equal than others"
Wrong, shitlord. Attaching negative connotations to the word 'ungood' is an act of oppression toward the otherly-gooded.
But think of all of those in the "ungood" class who you are oppressing by differentiating thusly - you classist shitlord, you. Have you no consideration, no empathy for their feelings? At long last sir, have you no shame?

Highlights the rather problematic fact that many in the SJW camp refuse to differentiate between the good, the bad, and the ugly - kind of like the Muslims who refuse to integrate, although that's a different calculus - so to speak. Whole issue of meritocracy which a number of people have commented on, most recently HunnyBunny if I'm not mistaken. As Sagan put it in his Broca's Brain (highly recommended):
The well-meaning contention that all ideas have equal merit seems to me little different from the disastrous contention that no ideas have any merit. [pg xii]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:"Ania Bula"

Isn't this triggering for people suffering from bulimia?
Or anabolic steroids.

Wait.

:think:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

The Yeti wrote:Some interesting discussions found in the comments of "Great American Satan" commenting rules post:

Oh god. I'm pre-permabanned by GAS but Mary Jane Rauhtencrauch gets to post? Good lord above.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:No, the Pit never gave a shit about Muscato's gender identity until it was revealed, quite some time since Dave announced she'd been 'Danielle' all along (November 2014, in fact), that she'd actually made no effort at all to acquire some tits and a skirt in all the time leading up to the Schierbecker business - prior to that, she'd been pretty much under the radar.
That would be a bit of a feat, even with Cold War era radars.

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: The Smartest Man in the World

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:
Service Dog wrote: When my brain gets fuzzy, I suck on a coarse grain of sea salt, for brain-electrolytes. When muscles stiffen, I have an avocado or pill for Magnesium body-electrolytes.
Not wanting to be difficult, but what exactly are the differences between brain-electrolytes and body-electrolytes? I feel obliged to ask for the restless souls of all those clever physiologists who lectured me.
Obligatory:

[youtube]3boy_tLWeqA[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Wow. That is my one and only comment alright. Jesus. I didn't think it'd have an entire blog post dedicated to it. But sure, if they want their new network to go the way of A+ (crickets) then go right ahead. I'll just be right here tilting my head in befuddlement.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I haven't watched it all yet - but here is Mykeru talking with a couple of the Honey Badgers about the A/S online community (amoungst other things).

[youtube]iRTowgY5Nh0[/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

screwtape wrote:
Opposite sides of the blood/brain barrier?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

feathers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:New Ftber says:
I would agree with you in all cases, except where the immigrants are Muslim. Muslim immigrants do not integrate, no matter what. They are superior.
Giliell doesn't know what's hit her.

http://archive.is/DjncR

I must have been niggered on this - if so, meh.
I don't think Anjuli is going to last.
I like her. She can stay. If Myers had sense, he'd let more people like Anjuli on FTB and get rid of people like The Great American Satan, and especially not listening to loonies like Giliel, Caine and Nerdbot. Fuck me. Views would soar.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

The Yeti wrote:Some interesting discussions found in the comments of "Great American Satan" commenting rules post:

Quite informative indeed.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Really? wrote:
Xie is an asexual writer of erotic fiction. You can't make this shit up.
She's also a vegan who writes BBQ cookbooks.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

screwtape wrote:
[youtube]3boy_tLWeqA[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: The Smartest Man in the World

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Obligatory:

snip bastard ninja
Fuck you, bastard ninja!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Alex sets it straight
The more we talked about the site we wanted to be, the clearer it was that our best moments were when we didn’t copy FTB, and that it wasn’t the site most writers at Freethought Blogs had signed up to. We didn’t want colleagues to have to choose between leaving a reshaped FTB and staying on a site no longer resembling the one they’d joined, so we made our own plans. If Friendly Atheist readers were wondering, the reason Pharyngula isn’t hosted here is that a network cofounded by PZ Myers already exists: our network isn’t that network, and it works differently.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

feathers wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:New Ftber says:
I would agree with you in all cases, except where the immigrants are Muslim. Muslim immigrants do not integrate, no matter what. They are superior.
Giliell doesn't know what's hit her.

http://archive.is/DjncR

I must have been niggered on this - if so, meh.
I don't think Anjuli is going to last.
She actually seems like a pretty good read. You are right, she's a goner.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:Alex sets it straight
The more we talked about the site we wanted to be, the clearer it was that our best moments were when we didn’t copy FTB, and that it wasn’t the site most writers at Freethought Blogs had signed up to. We didn’t want colleagues to have to choose between leaving a reshaped FTB and staying on a site no longer resembling the one they’d joined, so we made our own plans. If Friendly Atheist readers were wondering, the reason Pharyngula isn’t hosted here is that a network cofounded by PZ Myers already exists: our network isn’t that network, and it works differently.
One gets the feeling Alex is leaving off something about why they first decided to build a new network back in Nov/Dec or so.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Malky wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
playing with a package called synfig
:clap: :D

Mesmerizing. Oddly soothing, too.

Except that Peez is being serviced by an octopus. Which is not unlike sticking your dingus into an eagle's mouth :shock:
Out of interest how do you know this?
Because the guy with his dick in the octopus knows more than any human should about cephalopoon.

Nowadays he's wiser, though. Sticks to jellyfish.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Alex archive link for those who collect. Best evidence really that Orbit is a reaction to FtB not being SJ enough and dominated by PZ

http://archive.is/3SpHO

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Alex sets it straight
One gets the feeling Alex is leaving off something about why they first decided to build a new network back in Nov/Dec or so.
FtB clearly met neither the SJ collegiate needs, financial needs or SJ needs.

Plus there was revenge to consider.

All because. Peezus.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote:
Malky wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: snip fuzzy

:clap: :D

Mesmerizing. Oddly soothing, too.

Except that Peez is being serviced by an octopus. Which is not unlike sticking your dingus into an eagle's mouth :shock:
Out of interest how do you know this?
Because the guy with his dick in the octopus knows more than any human should about cephalopoon.

Nowadays he's wiser, though. Sticks to jellyfish.

Good as that explanation is, it's not answering the fucking question.

Malky was asking about your lived experience.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz wrote:Good as that explanation is, it's not answering the fucking question.

You first :whistle:

http://imgur.com/tZCb13z.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So Gawker just lost the Hogan lawsuit.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If you want to complete your "good riddance" collection, Alex has his farewell FtB up.

http://archive.is/nmunx

It begins .. "As of today, Freethought Blogs has a bastard child other than me..... "

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Good as that explanation is, it's not answering the fucking question.

You first :whistle:

http://imgur.com/tZCb13z.jpg
Some one better come clean and be ready to answer some questions.