The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I agree. If someone thinks that Creativity73 or Steersman represent the Pit, though, or that their arguments are popular around here, they have some serious reading comprehension problems.
I've ninja'd/hipster'd that shit ages ago...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

But nobody cares

[/Marvin]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote: It is so wrong, I am kind of assuming they posted it to get corrections, and to call the correctors butthurt, or similar.
They're a bit spergy about the Pit's layout, too. Truly these must be Master Rusemen.
There are some lulz to be had there, but it gets pretty sad after a while. The pit exists to mock, yes but also debate and disseminate information. Many of us have been directly affected by SJW antics. Kiwifarms just points and laughs at the short bus, because hey, short bus.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Referring to Kiwifarms in earlier post. More coffee, please.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Apologies, it's one of those day when I feel pissy. Should make the hangout all the more fun if I'm awake.

Mood notwithstanding, I still find protests and student adorably ridiculous. YMMV.
Most protests I have been to ended up being bait and switch. The 2003 Iraq war protest (which was world wide and not covered as you would think an event would be on the "news") was taken over by A.N.S.W.E.R. We had our march down a closed Hollywood Blvd, there were a few well known speakers...then all the ancillary crap unrelated to the protest A.N.S.W.E.R. is known for appeared. Free Mumia, support Palestinians, legalize pot. etc.
I am not discussing the merits of those positions, but that is not why I and my friends were there. The organizers saw that people were starting to leave, so they promised a special treat in a few minutes. We stayed. It was a person from a lesbian militant collective reading her poetry.
We left, walked into the Cat and Fiddle (wonderful bar that no longer exists), had some drinks, and saw the armored LAPD vehicles heading to towards protesters still blocking the street after the permit said they had to clear it.
Good times.

Outed1TimeAsGrey!

Post by Outed1TimeAsGrey! »

That link seems to call the entire continent of Africa "part of the Americas". I...???

http://i.imgur.com/yuyzzHJ.png
Wow, that quote is so badly written.

Our larger goals are to see:

1. An increase in Black ("b") (They want more black? Just black stuff, or something specific?)

...and students of color...
represented in the institution (which institution?)

from the Americas ( okay they want unspecified black stuff AND students of color represented in some institution.)

Is it the unspecified institution that is to be from the Americas or is it the unspecified black stuff and students that are to be from the Americas?

...including the Caribbean and Africa. (What? What?)

Do they mean...

Our goals:
1) To see an increase in the number of students in our institution who are black or of color and who come from the Americas, the Caribbean or Africa. ???
(But not Blacks from Europe and no persons of color from Asia?)

Oh, and we need better English teachers.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote: What he did at Mers-el-Kébir kinda sucked too, but that's why Churchill was Churchill. The man definitely knew how to break some eggs to make an omelette.
Churchill made a hash of everything.
He made a hash of some things. Like many 'great men' his strength of character made him simultaneously deeply flawed and great. He saw what Hitler was about long before his contemporaries (and he similarly clocked Stalin's game well before the likes of Roosevelt) and did what he could to prepare the country for war in the face of efforts by many to do the exact opposite. He pressured his generals into foolish acts but also mostly managed to curb his interference at the insistence of his long-suffering chief of staff. A lot of suffering could have been averted if the Allies had pressed through italy to cut off the Soviets as Churchill wanted. One of his biggest blunders IMO was replacing Auchinleck with Montgomery just when Auchinleck was re-organising the 8th Army to integrate artillery, infantry and armour into a coordinated force. The Auchinleck/Dorman-Smith combination made one hell of a general compared to Montgomery. Churchill/Montgomery tacitly admitted their inadequacies in that regard with some creative writing in their memoirs.
You've just described a broken clock.

Christ, read Matthew Parker's Monte Cassino and decide whether "pressing through Italy" was ever an option.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Couch wrote:I remember now that JC blew up a bit about the micro-documenting of Elyse's spiral that was a thing here for a while...
It is unclear, at the moment, whether she has been involuntarily committed of late.

Some signs point to yes.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote: It is so wrong, I am kind of assuming they posted it to get corrections, and to call the correctors butthurt, or similar.
They're a bit spergy about the Pit's layout, too. Truly these must be Master Rusemen.
There are some lulz to be had there, but it gets pretty sad after a while. The pit exists to mock, yes but also debate and disseminate information. Many of us have been directly affected by SJW antics. Kiwifarms just points and laughs at the short bus, because hey, short bus.
Aye, it's not bad. It's not a million miles from a lot of what we do here, except their focus is wider - much wider. Probably a little too much so, given that the Community Watch thread appears to list just about every single community on the web. Which is inevitable really, considering any blog, wiki or forum is gonna generate its own share of drama and lolcows sooner or later. Why this should be particularly noteworthy is something only the kiwifarmers - or whatever they are - could answer, I guess. Still, they've unearthed a lot of good popcorn fare and I've had a few enjoyable yukyuks out of it already.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

d4m10n wrote:
Couch wrote:I remember now that JC blew up a bit about the micro-documenting of Elyse's spiral that was a thing here for a while...
It is unclear, at the moment, whether she has been involuntarily committed of late.

Some signs point to yes.
Looks like her hubby was instrumental in getting it to happen. Good.

Despite Elyse's complaints about being 'imprisoned by the state for being female while mentally ill', even her coterie at last appears to be a little circumspect in enabling her. Good.

Loathsome as she is, I hope it works out for her, if for no other reason than for the sake of her kids and her poor bastard of a hubby.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
No we fucking don't. Free speech is all and anybody who indulges in guilt by association can fuck the fuck off. When you defend free speech you end up defending scoundrels because they are the low hanging fruit that authoritarians go after. It sucks but the alternative (living in a totalitarian state) is far worse, so you suck it up. You have to have a thick skin to defend freedom and liberty though are children will never forgive us if we surrender it because we felt uncomfortable.
Finally we agree on something. I'm a big fan of "no one speaks for the pit". If the SJWs want to judge us because some of the people who post here are a little loopy (or a lot loopy in the case of creativity73) then so be it. Those people should be allowed to post here.
I agree. If someone thinks that Creativity73 or Steersman represent the Pit, though, or that their arguments are popular around here, they have some serious reading comprehension problems.

Fourthed. That Creativity and Steers are allowed to comment freely here is the group's greatest strength. It's why I crack up when it's suggested the pit is as much a hivemind as the other online hubs we decry. And yes, if someone thinks either of those two speak for the pit they're willfully misrepresenting the situation or they're clinically retarded and should be declared wards of the state for their own protection.

ffs

Post by ffs »

ffs

Post by ffs »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Heh. Our boy Dicky gets his own Kiwifarms thread: https://kiwifar.ms/threads/richard-carr ... ger.16191/

Plus the ED treatment: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Richard_Carrier

Finally, he's getting some real 'avid fans' at last. Though not the kind he'd have hoped for, I expect. Nothing, as yet, on Dicky's self-admitted sexual peccadilos involving semen fetishism and his penchant for free hookers, but I'm sure they'll be noted as his fame grows.

Outed1TimeAsGrey!

Lauren Southern & the unidentified liquid attacker.

It looks like the person who tipped the liquid over Lauren was grabbed, but as the camera went forward I could not keep track of the liquid tipper. There appeared to be 4 persons including one large person with metal stuff hanging from pockets who appeared to be in a scuffle with another person.

I am guessing that the large person with the metal bits was trying to free the liquid tipper from the clutches of the other two persons, but that is just a guess.
---------
Judging from other comments, you guys don't carry bottled piss with you. Is that right? You do know that in some parts of the world you can buy it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... waste.html

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I went to Walmart. Every street had construction and there was two accidents.

Anyway. If we do a google hangout I will need people to PM your gmail handle so I know who to invite.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Which again. Hangout tonight at 8 eastern U.S. time.

Come for the moobs, stay for the tanks.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

HoneyWagon said:
It is so wrong, I am kind of assuming they posted it to get corrections, and to call the correctors butthurt, or similar.
free thoughtpolice said:
I gather their main source of info for us is an ex-FTBer that hasn't joined but has done some reading here. Xis view of us has some inaccuracies, which appear to be due from misremembering and possibly from accepting misinformation from the baboons as fact.
Indeed, regarding the Kiwifarms thing -- and Hiya to the new Pit member who is from there -- aside from opinion-based stuff (though even that, considering), almost everything they've said, in the post and the comments, about the Pit is wrong. One has to wonder where they get their information from. FTB? WeepyAmy? Oolon?

Though, interestingly, in the KiwiFarms', Richard Carrier thread (https://kiwifar.ms/threads/richard-carr ... 191/page-3), there is some Pit stuff -- 'shoops, animated GIFS, and some Twitter etc., screenshots, and links to Brive's Twitter thing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Apologies, it's one of those day when I feel pissy. Should make the hangout all the more fun if I'm awake.
I had a faint hint that you were trolling, yeah.

Look, Scientology is not about direct physical attacks, so whether you're strong and armed can't have their interest. They have totally obedient people who will do as they're told day and night, and shiploads of lawyers. You think you have nothing of value because you're not employed? Think again. Someone pays your rent. There's someone you love, isn't there? That's where Co$ is. So you want to use violence against some anonymous dopes you think are shadowing you? Who do you think goes to prison, and who has the lawyer to keep them out?

In a sense, the Mafia is less creepy. They just come over and break your legs or punch a bullet through your head.
Mood notwithstanding, I still find protests and student adorably ridiculous. YMMV.
That's why China needed tanks to shut them down. They totally adored the Tiananmen protesters.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Lovemen Carrier's latest FTB post (http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/9835) is yet another endless moral rationalisation for polyamoury, and how it is, surpriase! surpriase! the only really moral and ethical way to live, and all other lifestyles are just lying to themselves.

Seriously, he's fucking deluded and/or demented.

Quote:
Last month I attended my first polycule dinner.

As the boyfriend of one of the women in it, I was invited to attend a gathering for food, drinks, conversation, and celebration of a married couple and all their lovers (aka “paramours”), and some of their lovers’ lovers (aka “metamours”). One of their metamours and her girlfriend couldn’t attend due to a scheduling conflict. But if they had all made it, there would have been fifteen of us. As it was, there were thirteen.... In the anchor couple in this case, the husband had his two girlfriends plus his wife there; the wife had her four boyfriends, of whom I was one, plus (of course) her husband there; one of the husband’s girlfriends brought her boyfriend (her husband was away on business), and his other girlfriend brought her wife, who in turn came with her boyfriend; one of the wife’s boyfriends brought another of his girlfriends; and the thirteenth seat was taken by one of the wife’s friends who isn’t herself poly.

An excellent time was had by all.

With polyamory, if you do it right, you can get to:

Divide emotional labor and relieve building tensions.
Divide physical labor and multiply access to resources.
Experience more lives intimately.
Enjoy more sexual pleasure and experience.
Enjoy more emotional pleasure and experience.
Gain better communication skills and more self-knowledge.
Gain more intimate knowledge about your lovers’ actual thoughts & feelings.
Get stuck in fewer ruts and routines in your relationships.
Not have to depend on only one relationship.
Become more self-confident and independent.

That’s not even a complete list. I may elaborate on it in future. Not all arrangements bring you all these benefits. Not everyone needs or wants them all. But all these advantages are as available to the poor as to those of means.
Gobbledeehoy and gobbledeegoo. I feel like I'm reading some kind of extended Penthouse Letters entry, or something equally fallacious; something juveniley prurient and completely fabricated.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:I see you are worked about this.
Scientology is pretty weak now, but wasn't (or it was not obvious that is was weak) about 10 years ago.
They have many private eyes on their payroll. I had one follow me in Hollywood for close to 2 hours before I slipped away at one protest. I had other handlers follow me most protests, but they were lame and easily lost.
What actually prevented you from punching them in the face? As far as i'm concerned, their action sounded like harassment and you would have gone easy with self-defence.

IANAL.
To add what others have said about the CoS, the intimidation is reserved for fewer now but they will try to provoke you into being arrested for assault etc, as they have done with several of their critics (Google Squirrel busters) and even if you lead the most boring open lifestyle they will resort to defaming and framing you for serious crimes. (Google Paulette Cooper case for just one example)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
feathers wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Serious question: why hide your face if you have a legitimate grievance? Even against scientology? That's something I would never do. It's also why I post here under my real name and pictures. I have the decency of standing by my principles.
Not too long ago, openly countering Scientology would be a guarantee for very serious real-life repercussions, a process they even had a name for: Fair Gaming. Now the people mentioned in that article had a fairly high profile, but that also meant they had the resources to fight back. Only Miscavige knows how many lesser gods have had their employer called, funeral flowers sent to their homes, children at school 'visited' by a strange uncle, etc.

Would you really have stood up to Co$ in those days?
I have the privilege of being unemployed. It means my life should be shit by any western standard, but it also means I don't give a fuck about scientology. Also, body given to science.

Don't care :dance:
Employment isn't the only thing they went after. They framed Paulette Cooper on a terrorism charge and had a spy move in with her who tried to persuade her to jump off a building. Cooper was only spared jail because documents outlining the plots against her were unearthed in an unrelated raid on Scientology offices. Fair Game calls for the ruination of the target by any means, and Hubbard meant it. You only threatened Scientology if you didn't mind at best being accused of pedophilia and having leaflets about you distributed to the neighbourhood.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Outed1TimeAsGrey! wrote: http://i.imgur.com/yuyzzHJ.png

Wow, that quote is so badly written.

Our larger goals are to see:

1. An increase in Black ("b") (They want more black? Just black stuff, or something specific?)
No, Black with a capital B, may the gods of the minor key have his soul.

[youtube]uMXz3TQOS_c[/youtube]

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Gumby wrote:
German StrutBoatsman wrote: Lusitania was in the early period of the sea war, though, and was followed by the cessation of the unrestricted U-boat strategy. Only later on the strategy was re-instated. The German leadership, IIRC, was actually supposing that would bring the eventual war entry of the US but they were running out of options.
IIRC much of German naval command was opposed to the submarine program's unrestricted targeting policy but after Lusitania it really didn't matter anyway.
I'm pretty sure that was before the convoy system; not sure about escorts though.
Maybe Steersman knows more.
Dunno about the convoy system - but at the time it was not an uncommon practice for warships to meet with and accompany valuable potential targets when they were, for example, near England's or Ireland's coasts. The fact that Lusitania had no naval escort when it was attacked within naked-eye viewing distance of Ireland was considered a monumental oversight - and had contributed to speculation that naval escort was deliberately withheld in hopes of drawing an attack, and with the high numbers of American casualties draw the US into the war.

The really bad thing is that German signals were routinely intercepted and decoded by British intelligence (Room 40), including submarine transmissions. They knew with fairly high precision where U-20 was that day, because it transmitted its location every couple oh hours. They also U-20's captain and his reputation very well. Yet Churchill and his team did nothing to protect Lusitania from what I remember.
Thats pretty much how i remember it. Britain dindu nuffin.

The question is, did there need to be a conspiracy for Britain to dindu nuffin?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So your sherman tank is tangled in some 300 year old hedgerows. What is the best brand of chainsaw to cut it loose?

Outed1TimeAsGrey!

Saw this comment about Lauren:

"She was attacked by Auntie Fascists ?
Those spinster aunts with 9 cats who used to admire Mussolini and who bottle their urine which is why they are called Femipists?"

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

comhcinc wrote:So your sherman tank is tangled in some 300 year old hedgerows. What is the best brand of chainsaw to cut it loose?
Always buy German.
chainsaw.jpg
(110.17 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Replying to assorted Brive:
… the point I was trying to make was that even when bullshitting, the world, as it was understood by the Euro players, was a world centred on and defined by Europe. Ie globalisation was still developing on the spectrum. I don't really believe Hunnish rape and plunder of fair maiden Britannia was a driver.
WW1 started out as an old fashioned 1870 affair, albeit across multiple euro fronts including Turkey, and ended much the same way despite spilling into and involving colonies, commonwealth and the US.
WWI drew in most of the world’s nation, including the US, Japan, but each was concerned over local power plays (except the US, which was concerned only about interrupted trade). So, ‘world’ in participation & theatres, perhaps not ‘world’ in concept.

For example, the Italians fought to acquire an ethnic-Italian province they could’ve gotten with a little patience, diplomacy & cash. The French basically fought to regain an ethnic-German province they’d stolen 230 years earlier and should’ve written-off.

Britain had no dog in the fight. If anything, Britain, from its traditional geo-political outlook, should have cozied up with Germany, as France & Russia posed far greater & imminent threats to its empire.

The ensuing ludicrous cost:benefit ratio for these petty objectives, as well as the flimsy causi belli for the UK & US, compelled the leaders in every combatant nation to: 1) greatly expand their war aims; 2) fabricate fig-leaf rationalizations, to placate their populaces & justify the millions of dead.

I can't dispute these theatres of war, but I do see a difference between European powers fighting on foreign battlefields for colonial power extenders (plus nascent new player interaction 1905) - and actual global war as an expression of mature nationstate conflict such as we see in the mid 20 century.
Well, if you use WWII as the template for your question, ‘What is a Weltkrieg?’, you’re gonna end up with 'WWII' as the answer.

I’m not sure what makes WWII different, though. in 1939, you’re still dealing with adjustments to the balance of power in Europe, that and checking Russia’s perpetual expansionism. In Africa, it’s still about jostling between colonial powers. Japan in the 1930’s was trying to establish a regional economic hegemony as a stable power base just as Germany was in the 1900’s. The US was trying to attain dominance over the Pacific to protect trade, in the same way Britain had over the Atlantic 200 years earlier. The US intervened in Europe to restore balance, just as Britain opposed Napoleon’s Continental System.

The results of WWII — the attempted eradication of a major power (Germany), the prostration of Europe, the division of the world into two empires — may have been different, but it was also unique. No conflict since has expanded beyond regional power plays.

If you want a true ‘World War’, go back to the conquests of Alexander. He set out to take over the entire civilized world. Given the contemporary knowledge of geography, he figured he could wrap things up after securing the Indus Valley.
I disagree that the Second World War was same old same old. In fact I think WWII has been the only 'world war' worthy of the name. Ie a war that encompassed the globe and global players in uniform conflagration.

It was the first time we had battles, not side shows, raging across the globe pursued by nation states wielding autonomous agendas. China, Japan, Australia, America and Europe all at it hammer and tongs in a way impossible only 25 years before. And this because he had the brand new influences of globalisation, modernisation, economic sophistication and national development / maturity outside of the old world.

Another 15 years and we could have got a real Indian angle, alas African countries were never players and remain at a medieval level of autonomous capacity. And for some reason no one much gives a shit about South America. But still.

Skip back. Nothing that happened in 1914-8 was very much different in political nature to say 1870 or the Balkan Wars. A lot of shit happened at once in a pan-euro conflict where scale and mechanisation caused hell on earth. Allies and alliegences got called on and the pre war colonial game got to be played with soldiers. But the globe wasn't ready then for a truely global war.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Given that this forum is about to explode, let me say how much I enjoyed it. And fuck Vicky for ruining it all by posting a picture of an electric chainsaw.

feathers

Post by feathers »

d4m10n wrote:

Some signs point to yes.
Tigzy ninjered me, but indeed, it looks like Honeybanders finally took matters in hand. Mofo being suicidal but still Mofo, she has to jab at The Patriarchy even if it tries to save her:
EA wrote:It's 2016 and my husband gets to decide whether nor not I get to be imprisoned by the state for being female while mentally ill.

I have no more rights. I am at the mercy of the men who own me.
BTW, I doubt someone can have their spouse committed involuntarily, can they?

But, as Tigzy said, someone of her following finally comes to their senses:
Elyse, my love, it's not about gender, it's about keeping you safe. If the tables were turned, you would be part of the decision to him admitted too.
Well, not all of them of course.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Re Trumper-gate, I just caught up with that. I was concerned when the PZ link didn't link to source material but rather, linked to Skepchick for his Shermer/Trump denouncement.

I was concerned that the entire Skepchick article failed to link to anything - despite providing a quote from .... somewhere.

I saw red flags when Skepchick used the dreaded "basically" to draw a tenuous line between a boxing analogy and rape. "Basically" is todays Godwin. When you use it you are saying "here are two things that are not alike - but I am going to say they are anyway, for reasons."

That was a human centipede level of disgusting chaining. Or. Just another day at FtB. At least we have the FA to ask questions.

feathers

Post by feathers »

VickyCaramel wrote:Thats pretty much how i remember it. Britain dindu nuffin.
Wait, what? You remember WW1? You must be, what, 120 years old? Are you a vampire?

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:So your sherman tank is tangled in some 300 year old hedgerows. What is the best brand of chainsaw to cut it loose?
One made by Krupp, hart wie Kruppstahl.

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
welch wrote:
and of making damned sure that if you caused them problems, they'd cause you more problems IRL.
Good luck with that. No one can beat my personal karma. I must have been some right bastard in a previous life (which I don't believe in).
You may want to read up on Fair Game.

welch

Post by welch »

HoneyWagon wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scientology is pretty weak now, but wasn't (or it was not obvious that is was weak) about 10 years ago.
They have many private eyes on their payroll. I had one follow me in Hollywood for close to 2 hours before I slipped away at one protest. I had other handlers follow me most protests, but they were lame and easily lost.
What actually prevented you from punching them in the face? As far as i'm concerned, their action sounded like harassment and you would have gone easy with self-defence.

IANAL.
Pretty sure punching is assault and battery. They would actually try to goad people into reacting so THEY could claim they were attacked.
As they hired off duty LAPD for security...seems a bad idea as well.
In once case, they went so far as to have someone befriend a target so they could get their fingerprints on paper, which was then turned into a bomb threat. And the breakins at the IRS et al.

If you're thinking of Scientology in the same way you're thinking of what the SJW lot does, you're comparing two very different things.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

John Greg wrote:Lovemen Carrier's latest FTB post (http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/9835) is yet another endless moral rationalisation for polyamoury, and how it is, surpriase! surpriase! the only really moral and ethical way to live, and all other lifestyles are just lying to themselves.

Seriously, he's fucking deluded and/or demented.

Quote:
Last month I attended my first polycule dinner.

As the boyfriend of one of the women in it, I was invited to attend a gathering for food, drinks, conversation, and celebration of a married couple and all their lovers (aka “paramours”), and some of their lovers’ lovers (aka “metamours”). One of their metamours and her girlfriend couldn’t attend due to a scheduling conflict. But if they had all made it, there would have been fifteen of us. As it was, there were thirteen.... In the anchor couple in this case, the husband had his two girlfriends plus his wife there; the wife had her four boyfriends, of whom I was one, plus (of course) her husband there; one of the husband’s girlfriends brought her boyfriend (her husband was away on business), and his other girlfriend brought her wife, who in turn came with her boyfriend; one of the wife’s boyfriends brought another of his girlfriends; and the thirteenth seat was taken by one of the wife’s friends who isn’t herself poly.

An excellent time was had by all.

With polyamory, if you do it right, you can get to:

Divide emotional labor and relieve building tensions.
Divide physical labor and multiply access to resources.
Experience more lives intimately.
Enjoy more sexual pleasure and experience.
Enjoy more emotional pleasure and experience.
Gain better communication skills and more self-knowledge.
Gain more intimate knowledge about your lovers’ actual thoughts & feelings.
Get stuck in fewer ruts and routines in your relationships.
Not have to depend on only one relationship.
Become more self-confident and independent.

That’s not even a complete list. I may elaborate on it in future. Not all arrangements bring you all these benefits. Not everyone needs or wants them all. But all these advantages are as available to the poor as to those of means.
Gobbledeehoy and gobbledeegoo. I feel like I'm reading some kind of extended Penthouse Letters entry, or something equally fallacious; something juveniley prurient and completely fabricated.
The little skeeve was a monogamist himself until he weaseled on his wife just a few years ago. Now he's quite the pundit, predicting society will be polyamorous soon and better for it.

Carrier's just like the excitable noobs (Jen McCreight, Carrie Poppy, Sarah Moglia, et al) who joined atheist orgs, then turned angry when their valuable "insights" weren't instantly adopted as standards.

Heina Dadabhoy, who was never kissed until she was in college, is likewise a freshly minted expert on polyamory and sexual matters.

They're all certain they're important and special because... they're important and special.

Carrier pegs monogamy as a sure-fire indicator of deception and disease. Well, no shit:

His wife's blog, Feb 2007:

http://imgur.com/INSkonm.png

Mar 2007:

http://imgur.com/XEg2iy1.png

Oct 2006:

http://imgur.com/aFrzOSf.png

She was married to the idjit who later ridiculed using condoms for disease protection. He was probably playing STD roulette with her :shock:

Archived link

welch

Post by welch »

A screwdriver. With your thumb over the neck.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

IANAL.
To add what others have said about the CoS, the intimidation is reserved for fewer now but they will try to provoke you into being arrested for assault etc, as they have done with several of their critics (Google Squirrel busters) and even if you lead the most boring open lifestyle they will resort to defaming and framing you for serious crimes. (Google Paulette Cooper case for just one example)
They have plastered people's neighborhoods with flyers called them pedos, etc.
A friend I protested with had her neighborhood flyered with accusations she was a terrorist (because Scilons called Anonymous terrorists).
Some of her neighbors are basically in the Armenian mob...and offered to "do something about" the scientologists next time they did that.

welch

Post by welch »

feathers wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

Some signs point to yes.
Tigzy ninjered me, but indeed, it looks like Honeybanders finally took matters in hand. Mofo being suicidal but still Mofo, she has to jab at The Patriarchy even if it tries to save her:
EA wrote:It's 2016 and my husband gets to decide whether nor not I get to be imprisoned by the state for being female while mentally ill.

I have no more rights. I am at the mercy of the men who own me.
BTW, I doubt someone can have their spouse committed involuntarily, can they?

But, as Tigzy said, someone of her following finally comes to their senses:
Elyse, my love, it's not about gender, it's about keeping you safe. If the tables were turned, you would be part of the decision to him admitted too.
Well, not all of them of course.
Mr. Anders had kind of a shitty decision, and he went with short-term pain that had the best chance of leading to long-term sanity. Good for him.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:Carrier's just like the excitable noobs (Jen McCreight, Carrie Poppy, Sarah Moglia, et al) who joined atheist orgs, then turned angry when their valuable "insights" weren't instantly adopted as standards.

Heina Dadabhoy, who was never kissed until she was in college, is likewise a freshly minted expert on polyamory and sexual matters.

They're all certain they're important and special because... they're important and special.
Oh, they are. Olympically special.
Oct 2006:

She was married to the idjit who later ridiculed using condoms for disease protection. He was probably playing STD roulette with her :shock:

Archived link
I somehow doubt they parted, as he claimed, as good friends.

feathers

Post by feathers »

welch

Post by welch »

feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Carrier's just like the excitable noobs (Jen McCreight, Carrie Poppy, Sarah Moglia, et al) who joined atheist orgs, then turned angry when their valuable "insights" weren't instantly adopted as standards.

Oh, they are. Olympically special.
Oct 2006:

Archived link
I somehow doubt they parted, as he claimed, as good friends.

Getting STIs is no worse than food poisoning.

You have to have a VERY bad case of food poisoning to need medical treatment. Normally, a few days of misery, and you're done. Left untreated, Food Poisoning is more annoying than not.

Left untreated, STIs can kill you in slow, painful ways. That's not HIV/AIDS. That's the "minor" stuff. Also, untreated Food Poisoning doesn't spread from victim to victim. If I have food poisoning, it's rather hard to give it to someone else via unprotected sex. STIs are, you know, contagious.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Who is Dan and Mark?

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Carrier is so funny when he talks about this stuff. It really seems like a teenager that has just lost his virginity proclaiming to be the new Casanova. A complete laughing stock, first class job Dicky!

I was going to start that second sentence with "Carrier really comes across like..." but his previous outburst on Ophies blog has lent that phrase a whole new connotation now. :D

feathers

Post by feathers »

welch wrote:Getting STIs is no worse than food poisoning.

You have to have a VERY bad case of food poisoning to need medical treatment. Normally, a few days of misery, and you're done. Left untreated, Food Poisoning is more annoying than not.

Left untreated, STIs can kill you in slow, painful ways. That's not HIV/AIDS. That's the "minor" stuff. Also, untreated Food Poisoning doesn't spread from victim to victim. If I have food poisoning, it's rather hard to give it to someone else via unprotected sex. STIs are, you know, contagious.
The "We can now cure all STDs, let's go bareback" meme has taken on dangerous proportions in the last decennium or so. Roughly spoken, there are viral infections, which can not be eliminated but stay with you forever, and bacterial/parasitical infections, which inevitably become resistant to antibiotics. Take your pick.

ffs

Post by ffs »

It is both impressive and predictable how quickly he became a one note joke

http://i.imgur.com/Jc1ZGoc.png

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:Who is Dan and Mark?
The serious answer is, we don't know.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:

That is just another mark against you. I swear someone needs to invade that place and make some sense of it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:
feathers wrote:

That is just another mark against you. I swear someone needs to invade that place and make some sense of it.
I'm terribly sorry, but it's us who invaded you even before you invaded you, if you get my drift.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

No. Learn America.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Little less than an hour left folks until we go live. Someone buy UFC 196 and set their webcam so that everyone can watch.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Cordless courtesy-shoop like we did for Another Lurker, wherever xe is these days.
http://i.imgur.com/XrCEXiX.png

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:Kiwifarms appears to have a resident Slymepit expert.
Anyhow, one of the members was at the center of "selfiestickgate".
Those totes sceptic feminists Greta Christina and Amy Roth of FTB/Skepchicks were at an Atheist conference a few years ago and saw a manz walking around with a camera on a stick, so leaping to the totes reasonable assumption that any manz with a camera on a stick would be using it to upskirt photograph their totes lovely lady bits they tried to get him thrown out, and when they were unsuccessful wrote blogs posts on how conference organizers where encouraging the menz to perv on woomyn.

This was about 2 months before the term "selfie Stick" became ubiquitous.

Cant remember the name of the slymepitter/blogger but he has "grey" in the name of his blog.
https://kiwifar.ms/threads/slymepit-bre ... st-1302673

Jeebs, that's a whole lotta wrong. Unless the poster has inside knowlege, in which case I hope franc didn't forget to deploy the wideangle for Amy's delicious derriere.

http://i.imgur.com/mNXG63e.jpg?1
At least according to wikipedia, selfie sticks date back to 1925. Even if the term did not become well known, they have been around photography for decades The craze took off recently, but the concepts and tools were readily available for photographers long before the incident.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Chat starts in under 5. Sending invite links and added people as we speak.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

feathers wrote:http://i.imgur.com/gHFrpMf.png

Wrong shirt?!?
polyamory is wrong shirt -- shirt
shirt.jpg
(49.97 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

PM for join code.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

comhcinc wrote:PM for join code.
Join in, or listen in?
Is it a google hangout... or that skype bullshit?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
comhcinc wrote:PM for join code.
Join in, or listen in?
Is it a google hangout... or that skype bullshit?
Google. Join in. But you can turn camera off.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Currently, I have neither camera or microphone. But i would like to listen in if that is possible.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

You can try.