The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
katamari Damassi

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by katamari Damassi »

Fuck! "Wronged natives" not "wrong natives", and auto correct changed PZ to Perez.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

The Elfwick returns!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Roosh's arguments are on par with the Islamists. Connie is just a lying cunt. I don't think she's calling for a change in the law that would permit rape.
It was my understanding that Roosh wrote article presenting a hypothetical (along the lines of 'A Modest Proposal') - for allowing rape of women to be legal on private property. The effect of this thought experiment would be that women would take a lot more responsibility for their own safety under these conditions.
I think they tried this in Cologne. Didn't work out too well.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I need the opinions of people with a sense of perspective.

Should I really give a shit about the Zika virus?

I don't mean is it harmful for those it infects, I mean is it anywhere near the extinction level event the media would have us believe?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Jonathan wrote: The Elfwick returns!
Er..I gonna have to like that with as storm of applause (if it's the genuine thing).

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Steersman wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Here's a further adventure in the insane Mizzou students department...

"Concerned Student barges in on meeting to support Melissa Click" by Mark Schierbecker
[.youtube]zRengsSqVAY[/youtube]

What a bunch of entitled temper tantrum brats!
#NotAllBlackPeople,Steersman
:-) Except that I haven’t ever said “all black people” – or all Jews, all men, all women, all homosexuals, or all tiddlywinkers. It has always been, more or less, a question of whether related epithets were targeting all members of the group or just some of them.

<snip>
Yeah, I know. I just like to tease easy targets and signal my sense of humor. That's how I became so admired by men and desired by women and the gays.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Shatterface wrote:I need the opinions of people with a sense of perspective.

I don't mean is it harmful for those it infects, I mean is it anywhere near the extinction level event the media would have us believe?
Here's Anthony S. Fauci on the subject:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1600297

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote:
*snip*
Don't shit where you eat

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=443

Guestus Aurelius

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I like to wank.

But I also do 3D paper puzzles as well as 3D design, video-games, make music, cook, listen to music, make music, play Belote, laugh at poor people, and i'm thinking about returning to skydiving.

But mostly, wank.
Weird... I, too, enjoy music, games, food, laughter, and wanking.

Do you by any chance also have a rare fetish that makes you attracted to more than one person?

Guestus Aurelius

This is the best day of my life.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

A good example of why Twitter is total dogshit for useful discussion, and perfect for empty rhetoric and strawmen.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
A good example of why Twitter is total awesome for useful discussion, and perfect for empty rhetoric and strawmen.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But Roosh's arguments and ideas are, IMO, way worse than St Louis'.
I know very little about this Roosh which is no surprise really, I am not his target audience, but..... arguments? I thought he was just shit posting?
Surely if any of these controversial comments were actual arguments he would argue them, defend them and not just dismiss them as satire?

When I heard that he had said that rape should be legalized in an article about stopping rape, call me crazy but I assumed that WAS the joke? Reclassify what rape is and you end up with no rape.... which seems to me to be the opposite and a parody of what feminists are doing? I assumed.

I have heard these PUAs, their views and opinions are generally based on the way they wish things were rather than the way they really are, which makes them all the more harmless. Bravado, building themselves up, while demeaning women seems to be what they need to do in order to have the confidence in order to talk to women... which to them is a scary confrontation which is why they approach it like boxers.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But Roosh's arguments and ideas are, IMO, way worse than St Louis'.
I know very little about this Roosh which is no surprise really, I am not his target audience, but..... arguments? I thought he was just shit posting?
Surely if any of these controversial comments were actual arguments he would argue them, defend them and not just dismiss them as satire?

When I heard that he had said that rape should be legalized in an article about stopping rape, call me crazy but I assumed that WAS the joke? Reclassify what rape is and you end up with no rape.... which seems to me to be the opposite and a parody of what feminists are doing? I assumed.

I have heard these PUAs, their views and opinions are generally based on the way they wish things were rather than the way they really are, which makes them all the more harmless. Bravado, building themselves up, while demeaning women seems to be what they need to do in order to have the confidence in order to talk to women... which to them is a scary confrontation which is why they approach it like boxers.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

katamari Damassi wrote: My first encounter with something like this was in Peace Corps training in Africa in '95. Out of the 60 or so volunteers there were about 3 Indian Americans and one from Sri Lanka. The chick from Sri Lanka came from money and acted like a princess while also telling everyone that she would form a special bond with the locals because she wasn't a colonialist oppressor. About 6 weeks into our training the director called a big meeting of all the trainees to tell us that SLC(Sri Lankan chick)was from SRI LANKA and not INDIA and she's really hurt when people confuse the two. SLC then got up and while crying told us with zero irony that it wasn't her job to educate people. A Peace Corps volunteer saying she her job wasn't to educate people. That was the first time I heard that SJW meme and never heard it again until the Internet. BTW-she quit shortly after our week of field orientation-where you live for a week at your assigned location with family. The locals didn't understand the difference between Indians and Sri Lankans either. They're familiar with Indians because they see Bollywood movies, but they never heard of Sri Lanka. She wrote a resignation letter that was both self aggrandizing and simultaneously self pitying; which is an achievement.
There's a fun, light 90s novel called 'Are You Experienced' which brutally lampoons a very British stereotype - the shallow 'gap year' cunt taking off around the third world high on their own self-righteousness.

Your little anecdote made me think you'd enjoy it.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
no way, I'm sure Parsehole swore on some part of his child's anatomy that Godfrey was dead for all time :(

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I first heard the satire defence from Mike Cernovich, but I didn't drill any deeper, as I read the quote again and again, and I couldn't see how it was satire, or even a joke. It sounded like stock manosphere resentment-driven bile.

Roosh 5 is the bogeyman the SJW's and a pandering media want.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
no way, I'm sure Parsehole swore on some part of his child's anatomy that Godfrey was dead for all time :(
Elfwick is the hero Twitter deserves, but not the one it needs.

Really?

Post by Really? »

So, this happened:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Sulman wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
I first heard the satire defence from Mike Cernovich, but I didn't drill any deeper, as I read the quote again and again, and I couldn't see how it was satire, or even a joke. It sounded like stock manosphere resentment-driven bile.

Well.. I will say no more. I really cannot be bothered to read any of this PUA or MGTOW stuff, I am happy to have no opinion.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sulman wrote: A good example of why Twitter is total dogshit for useful discussion, and perfect for empty rhetoric and strawmen.
First off, it's impossible to say 'rational skeptical egalitarians' without your tongue justifiably choking you in self-defence.

Secondly, it's not those who believe we live in a meritocracy that are crying because their gender studies degree doesn't get them a job landing probes on comets.

Where do all these retards come from?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Zika virus gives you flu like symptoms. That's it for healthy adults. There some correlation between a pregnant woman getting Zika and birth defects. There is no anti-virus and thus the normal people that can die from flu like things can be affected too.

The virus has spread to the USA and it now seems to be able to pasted via sex.

I think it's important to keep an eye on.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

If you think Roosh is bad, try Roissy - AKA Heartiste. PUA (which I don't personally have a problem with, based as it is on the concept of facilitating encounters between people who just wanna get that thang on. As to whether or not it does actually work remains highly open to debate, of course) meets racism. A truly bizarre mix. I actually enjoy reading his blog, as I've always derived a lot of amusement from lunatic subcultures. The comments section there is a rare delight: a good number of the Roissy's devotees appear to genuinely believe that their little club is being infiltrated by Mossad. Oh, and that Donald Trump has been getting his ideas from them. :lol: Actually, that last bit doesn't seem wholly implausible.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

There's a scenario for a sci-fi novel. All children of the next generation will have an IQ of 80 or less thanks to microcephaly. How do we prepare? Do we hope the scandinavians (who have few mosquitoes) will be benevolent overlords or will they exploit the epsilon semi-morons of the temperate zones?

To be serious. We will either make a vaccine, or failing that control the problem by avoiding tropical travel before or during pregnancy. Sexual transmission will be avoided by testing, in the same way as we test for hepatitis and HIV when so inspired. At the same time, one should not minimise the wretchedness of having a microcephalic child. I'm not shitting on microcephalic kids, but being the parent of any form of handicapped child is hard, and a hopeless with respect to cure mental handicap in a child is a lifetime of heartbreak in one small package.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:PZ went to the movies and didn't like The Revenant. He goes full MacIntosh.

Archive.is link

In the comments, this idiot appears:
Athywren - This Thing Is Just A Thing wrote:Well… I guess I should’ve read this post before agreeing to go see it next week. I have the worst feeling now that I’m going to have a list of things to comment on afterwards, and it might be a difficult discussion – the last thing we went to see was The Usual Suspects, and I commented on the Indian Kobayashi being played by the English and browned up Pete Postlethwaite with a head wobble and a dodgy accent… that didn’t get a hostile reaction, but there was definitely a sense of not getting why there was a problem there.
This guy saw the Usual Suspects, where nobody is what they seem to be, but he's completely sure that Kobayashi, a guy we actually know nothing about, is "Indian".
Athywren probably still hasn't figured out who Keyser Shöse is.

I mean seriously, we're dealing with a bunch of tards here.

Last thing they saw in the theaters was The Usual Suspects? That came out twenty years ago. Either Athyweren is just bullshitting to make a point, or perhaps was in a facility all that time.

FTR, nobody whined when Postlethwaite played an Irishman with an Italian first name.

MINOR SPOILER

'Kobayashi' is Japanese, & where the name comes from is revealed at the end

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:

There's a scenario for a sci-fi novel. All children of the next generation will have an IQ of 80 or less thanks to microcephaly Gender Studies programs. How do we prepare? Do we hope the scandinavians (who have few mosquitoes been exposed to the endemic virus for generations) will be disease-resistant, benevolent overlords or will they be full-on moron mutants who exploit the epsilon semi-morons of the temperate zones?.
FTFY

Creativity73

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Creativity73 »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:NECSS/SGU/Steve Novella over reaction to Dawkins tweet explained:

He thought the red head with problematic glasses in the cartoon video was supposed to be Rebecca Watson.
[youtube]ecJUqhm2g08[/youtube]
I really like this parody. The point, in my view, is that women should 100% be alarmed by Islamists but that the reality is that these insane feminists love them and hate straight White men, who are in fact the loveliest men in the world who have the most respect for women.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Sulman wrote: A good example of why Twitter is total dogshit for useful discussion, and perfect for empty rhetoric and strawmen.
"Skeptics" who don't understand history well enough to appreciate how much more equitable and meritocratic our current system is than the feudalism we had 1000 years ago. :lol:

"Skeptics" who don't understand history well enough to appreciate the importance of gender roles to societies with low life expediencies, and high infant mortality rates. :lol:

"Skeptics" who think that they can make the world perfect by believing in a trite ideology and reading Coates articles. :lol:

"Skeptics" who tolerate postmodernism in any of its forms. :lol:

:x :x :x :angry-banghead: :puke-front:

Dave

Post by Dave »

Sulman wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

I read Roosh's bit about legalizing rape on private property sometime ago but I recall thinking it was satire immediately. Of course, I may have been assuming it was satire simply because the premise was so absurd I couldnt imagine someone suggesting it seriously. Dunno, and Im not bothering to look it up and read it again, life is too short.

Given SJW's inability to recognize nuance and willingness to misinterpret, even if it was satire, Roosh certainly makes a perfect bogeyman for them.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I like to wank.

But I also do 3D paper puzzles as well as 3D design, video-games, make music, cook, listen to music, make music, play Belote, laugh at poor people, and i'm thinking about returning to skydiving.

But mostly, wank.

Phil... No please, leave the jumping out of airplanes alone.

And the wanking thing too...urban legends have to start somewhere....

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Creativity73 wrote: I really like this parody. The point, in my view, is that women should 100% be alarmed by Islamists but that the reality is that these insane feminists love them and hate straight White men, who are in fact the loveliest men in the world who have the most respect for women.
Have you seen what the Islamists are like? They hate women, have a culture that normalizes violence to women, and will play the race card at any opportunity. Why would they want to stick their snark in crazy? I'd choose white male western liberals as my main target if I were them as well.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:PZ went to the movies and didn't like The Revenant. He goes full MacIntosh.

Archive.is link

In the comments, this idiot appears:
Athywren - This Thing Is Just A Thing wrote:Well… I guess I should’ve read this post before agreeing to go see it next week. I have the worst feeling now that I’m going to have a list of things to comment on afterwards, and it might be a difficult discussion – the last thing we went to see was The Usual Suspects, and I commented on the Indian Kobayashi being played by the English and browned up Pete Postlethwaite with a head wobble and a dodgy accent… that didn’t get a hostile reaction, but there was definitely a sense of not getting why there was a problem there.
This guy saw the Usual Suspects, where nobody is what they seem to be, but he's completely sure that Kobayashi, a guy we actually know nothing about, is "Indian".
Athywren probably still hasn't figured out who Keyser Shöse is.

I mean seriously, we're dealing with a bunch of tards here.

Last thing they saw in the theaters was The Usual Suspects? That came out twenty years ago. Either Athyweren is just bullshitting to make a point, or perhaps was in a facility all that time.

FTR, nobody whined when Postlethwaite played an Irishman with an Italian first name.

MINOR SPOILER

'Kobayashi' is Japanese, & where the name comes from is revealed at the end
I thought it might be a reference to the Kobayashi Maru scene from The Wrath of Khan since the test was an illusion and the only way to beat it was by cheating.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Creativity73 wrote:
I really like this parody. The point, in my view, is that women should 100% be alarmed by Islamists but that the reality is that these insane feminists love them and hate straight White men, who are in fact the loveliest men in the world who have the most respect for women.
#NotAllStraightWhiteMen

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

screwtape wrote:

There's a scenario for a sci-fi novel. All children of the next generation will have an IQ of 80 or less thanks to microcephaly. How do we prepare? Do we hope the scandinavians (who have few mosquitoes) will be benevolent overlords or will they exploit the epsilon semi-morons of the temperate zones?

To be serious. We will either make a vaccine, or failing that control the problem by avoiding tropical travel before or during pregnancy. Sexual transmission will be avoided by testing, in the same way as we test for hepatitis and HIV when so inspired. At the same time, one should not minimise the wretchedness of having a microcephalic child. I'm not shitting on microcephalic kids, but being the parent of any form of handicapped child is hard, and a hopeless with respect to cure mental handicap in a child is a lifetime of heartbreak in one small package.
Unfortunately, the implicit assumption here that Zika is restricted to tropical mosquitoes is incorrect:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance ... 5/fulltext

In case you don't want to wade through that, here's Francis Collin's summary:

According to the researchers’ calculations, about 200 million Americans—more than 60 percent of the population—reside in areas of the United States that might be conducive to the spread of Zika virus during warmer months through biting mosquitoes, including areas along the East and West Coasts and much of the Midwest. In addition, another 22.7 million people live in humid, subtropical parts of the country that might support the spread of Zika virus all year round, including southern Texas and Florida. Already, there are reports of local spread of the virus within Puerto Rico and of travelers returning to the U.S. with the Zika infection.
From: http://directorsblog.nih.gov/2016/01/26 ... th-threat/

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote: I thought it might be a reference to the Kobayashi Maru scene from The Wrath of Khan since the test was an illusion and the only way to beat it was by cheating.

Verbal gets the name off of a mug in the office.

https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/media ... 7f6af7.jpg

Dave

Post by Dave »

screwtape wrote:

I for one, welcome our new Eskimo Overlords.

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Roosh's arguments are on par with the Islamists. Connie is just a lying cunt. I don't think she's calling for a change in the law that would permit rape.
It was my understanding that Roosh wrote article presenting a hypothetical (along the lines of 'A Modest Proposal') - for allowing rape of women to be legal on private property. The effect of this thought experiment would be that women would take a lot more responsibility for their own safety under these conditions.
Swedish feminists don't want to be protected if raped by immigrants.
What you probably have NOT heard about however, (or find hard to believe) is the feminist outcry (surprise surprise!) against these noble berserkers. Indeed, the rage was so great, they created the hashtag #inteerkvinna (translated as #notyourwoman) where they spewed their hatred over racism, fascism, white men and many other things that can be loosely tied to the events with some cognitive dissonance. In short, they made a collective tantrum on social media over the fact that white European men are standing up to the rape-fugees.

The whole thing culminated with the statement “It’s YOU I’m afraid of!” where the feminist in question is now fantasizing about afraid that some tall, good-looking nationalist will sexually harass her in the streets.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=35210

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Creativity73 wrote:
#NotAllStraightWhiteMen
:) Rather a difficult problem in not clearly differentiating between the group and individuals within it. A somewhat reasonable point that many of those "others" made relative to that video Feminists Love Islamists. I can see that implying a pejorative connotation to all Islamists might be construed as entirely justified - never met an Islamist that I didn't loathe, but all feminists? A view about feminists that I've attempted to disabuse some MRA types by pointing to Christina Hoff-Sommers. I can understand that phrasing the title that way gives it more punch, but it also leaves it open to credible objections from those who see some value in feminism.

But, somewhat apropos of which [ ;-) ], a Storify from Melby, and a Twitter discussion I had with her on it:
https://storify.com/MAMelby/dawkins-right-now-seriously

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

HunnyBunny wrote:no way, I'm sure Parsehole swore on some part of his child's anatomy that Godfrey was dead for all time :(
"Parsehole" sounds like a Jewish name to me. Maybe that part of the child was cut off.

Billie from Ockham

"Hello, Monica?"

"Yes."

"This is Karl Rove. I have a business proposition for you. It involves Twitter."

Soapy Stevens

Post by Soapy Stevens »

Nope.

The thing that concerns me, but which tends to point to this being largely a manufactured-consent thing is that all of a sudden the kind of gene editing to create disease-preventing mosquitos that got slapped down last year for reducing malaria (and for pretty good reasons) wound up being close to the top of the list of possible actions once Zika appeared. Fancy that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote: Scented Nectar: "Here's a further adventure in the insane Mizzou students department..."

#NotAllBlackPeople,Steersman
:-) Except that I haven’t ever said “all black people” – or all Jews, all men, all women, all homosexuals, or all tiddlywinkers. It has always been, more or less, a question of whether related epithets were targeting all members of the group or just some of them.

<snip>
Yeah, I know. I just like to tease easy targets and signal my sense of humor. That's how I became so admired by men and desired by women and the gays.
:-) Kind of thought that was the case. But as I frequently tell myself, never pass up an opportunity to get up on a soapbox. Now if I could only find a way to signal my ability to understand, handle, and use nuance ... ;-)

Creativity73

Post by Creativity73 »

Yes Steerman - no doubt that there are different sorts of feminists but should I have to specify "third wave feminists" rather than just saying "feminists" when the context may be enough to show what sort of feminist I am referring to. Really I would rather call myself an "equal opportunityist" than a "feminist" because I just have a general opinion that equality of opportunity is a fair and good ideal. But really when you even put "-ist" onto it then it sounds like some kind of ideology that is obsessed over rather than simply a sensible view on a subject.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Steersman wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
Creativity73 wrote:
#NotAllStraightWhiteMen
:) Rather a difficult problem in not clearly differentiating between the group and individuals within it. A somewhat reasonable point that many of those "others" made relative to that video Feminists Love Islamists. I can see that implying a pejorative connotation to all Islamists might be construed as entirely justified - never met an Islamist that I didn't loathe, but all feminists? A view about feminists that I've attempted to disabuse some MRA types by pointing to Christina Hoff-Sommers. I can understand that phrasing the title that way gives it more punch, but it also leaves it open to credible objections from those who see some value in feminism.

*snip*
I wasn't philosophising there Steers, merely thinking of my ex-husband and alluding to the entirely reasonable point that some straight white men are complete wankers.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

screwtape wrote:

You would have to admit though that it would make childbirth much easier on the mother. See, there's always an up side.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Roosh is a huge piece of shit, period.
He is trolling hard to get attention and make a buck. He significantly underestimated the amount of hate and attention he would get, which I think is pretty funny. It is quite a bit more difficult to sucker lonely men to pay for your seminars when there are angry women following you around calling you names. It is impossible to portray your "pick up artist" game when there are women on the street globally who will recognize you and call you on your shit.

Save you hate and anger for someone who really deserves it. This is just a common low life huckster who is partially getting what he deserves.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

comhcinc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:If anyone doesn't like white culture they should stop using smartphones. Let's see how many hugs they get with drums and smoke signals.
Smart phones are made by Chinese people.
They were invented by a muslim (Steve Jobs).

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:no way, I'm sure Parsehole swore on some part of his child's anatomy that Godfrey was dead for all time :(
"Parsehole" sounds like a Jewish name to me. Maybe that part of the child was cut off.
viewtopic.php?p=301854#p301854

maybe more ISIS than Jewish

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:My theory is that he's just a natural contrarian. Whenever he goes, he has to disagree with the majority of the people he interacts with.
To be fair, I tend to discuss and argue points more that I disagree with, than sit around chatting about the stuff I do agree with. "^This". Perhaps that is a human tenancy. The differences are inherently more interesting. And there isn't much to discuss about the points of agreement. That is why when atheists get together, they don't sit around and talk about how much they don't believe in god.
I didn't mean to necessarily characterize Steersman negatively just for being a natural contrarian. But his contrarian nature explains why his posts look more appealing to us when he's not targeting us.
Probably some truth to that. Conventional wisdom, own ox being gored, and all that.
Kirbmarc wrote:I happen to agree that discussing differences is much, much more rewarding than discussing what we agree with and this is why I want Steersman to always be able to post here.
Thanks.
Kirbmarc wrote:However I also understand why his tactics make him hard to like. Especially since, as I've written, he's pretty low on emotional intelligence. He doesn't seem to understand the need for nuance: if Angela Merkel talks about the eventual return to Syria of the Syrian refugees he takes it as a tacit agreement with his "deport all Muslims" plan. Likewise if an ex-Muslim (Rizvi) criticizes Islam moderates.
Except I don't think I suggested or stated that Merkel's comment was any type of a "tacit agreement", only a broaching of the topic. As did Ross Douthat in a New York Times article.
Kirbmarc wrote:The same thing happens with his nigger-cunt hypothesis. He doesn't seem to understand that meaning derives at least partly from social norms. He's fixated on a formal analogy that must be true no matter what.
No, not "no matter what". Just questioning why a "principle" - an epithet directed at one individual is not necessarily being applied to all members in the group - is upheld and supported in some cases - e.g., "cunt" - but is not in other analogous cases - e.g., "kike", "nigger", "faggot". Sure, "social norms" might be an explanation, although such social norms are no guarantee of being either socially, ethically, or scientifically commendable or correct. But seems to me that a plausible hypothesis in the first case is some endemic or systemic sexism.
Kirbmarc wrote:He has the same problem with his definition of "women", with his "tit-for-tat" tactics, etc. I happen to see a pattern there.
Using reason and logic and science and skepticism?
Kirbmarc wrote:Being a natural contrarian isn't bad for you or others if you can manage to be able to apply some nuance, some compromise to your contrarian attitude. If you're not able to interact socially with the necessary amount of nuance being a contrarian is only going to leave isolated. As it has happened with Steers here.
As others have noted, at least relative to spies, it's nice to come in out of the cold, but not at the expense of bedrock principles. "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." [Jefferson] Or, as Groucho Marx put it, those are my principles - if you don't like them then I have others. ;-)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:So, this happened:
Blow the president, and then blab about it. She was 23 years old at the time. She didn't deserve all the scorn she received. But she doesn't deserve a fucking metal either.

Billie from Ockham

HunnyBunny wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:"Parsehole" sounds like a Jewish name to me. Maybe that part of the child was cut off.
viewtopic.php?p=301854#p301854

maybe more ISIS than Jewish
I've been told that Jews suffer from self-hatred, so I don't see being Jewish and a member of ISIS as mutually exclusive.

Billie from Ockham

deLurch wrote:Blow the president, and then blab about it. She was 23 years old at the time. She didn't deserve all the scorn she received. But she doesn't deserve a fucking metal either.
The grief being given to Monica Lewinski is the Patriarchy's way to teach women to swallow.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: <snip>

#NotAllStraightWhiteMen

*snip*
I wasn't philosophising there Steers, merely thinking of my ex-husband and alluding to the entirely reasonable point that some straight white men are complete wankers.
Still a reasonable and credible point, one I thought worth elaborating on. But sorry to hear that - as someone said, while love is blind, marriage can be a real eye-opener.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

screwtape wrote:There's a scenario for a sci-fi novel. All children of the next generation will have an IQ of 80 or less thanks to microcephaly. How do we prepare? Do we hope the scandinavians (who have few mosquitoes) will be benevolent overlords or will they exploit the epsilon semi-morons of the temperate zones?

IQ is based on a percentile ranking so 80 would eventually become the new median, ie 100.

The older folk would find our IQs rising to genius levels and eventually we'd be smart enough to find a cure.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Shatterface wrote:
First off, it's impossible to say 'rational skeptical egalitarians' without your tongue justifiably choking you in self-defence.

Secondly, it's not those who believe we live in a meritocracy that are crying because their gender studies degree doesn't get them a job landing probes on comets.

Where do all these retards come from?
SJWs don't just see meritocracy as something we don't have but should strive toward. They see it as evil and wrong. Reward based on effort? That's a bum deal for most of them.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

I'm assuming "Godfrey" is a fake until I see some reason to suspect the originator is still involved.

Dave

Post by Dave »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:If anyone doesn't like white culture they should stop using smartphones. Let's see how many hugs they get with drums and smoke signals.
Islam is genetic?

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Steve Jobs invented Chinese people?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
deLurch wrote:Blow the president, and then blab about it. She was 23 years old at the time. She didn't deserve all the scorn she received. But she doesn't deserve a fucking metal either.
The grief being given to Monica Lewinski is the Patriarchy's way to teach women to swallow.
The most hilarious person in that scenario was Linda Tripp. 'OMG! President got a blow job. MUST TELL EVERYONE.' Worst confidential friend ever. Must save cum stained dress!!!

The sad part about this is you have Bill Clinton's old flings like Paula Jones, or the 'confidant' Linda Tripp coming out against Hillary Clinton. As if any of this was Hillary's fault. Like or dislike Hillary's politics, her opting to stay married and work through the fidelity issue was her own reasoned choice. Now evidently, Hillary has to be blamed for it. What muck racking political slime.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:So, this happened:
Blow the president, and then blab about it. She was 23 years old at the time. She didn't deserve all the scorn she received. But she doesn't deserve a fucking metal either.
Even though she didn't deserve a medal she still got decorated by the president!