The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10693
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

The Refuge of the Toads

#1

Post by Lsuoma » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Tigzy wrote: a freelance historian

[bimg][/bimg]

The terms these people make up.
I'm a freelance gynecologist.
2:31

[youtube]QI0RiqK3XJc[/youtube]
Last edited by Lsuoma on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change thread title.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#2

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:54 pm

dogen wrote:
There must be some kind of record -- else, how is it known that it's a first time offence?
I'm sure there is some kind of record when something is expunged or dismissed. The events are chronicled somewhere, they just don't count against you legally. Think of the Duke Lacrosse guys. There must be a record somewhere that they were charged for a gang rape that never happened, but it isn't "on their record." You can pay money to terrible companies online to see how many traffic tickets your neighbor has received, so I'm sure there is some commemoration of Click's assault charge that resulted from the assault she committed, but if Click manages to avoid violating the law and her sacred duty as a teacher, then it just won't matter.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#3

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:55 pm

dogen wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote: That's standard practice for all non-serious first time offences. Probation, community service and keep the peace. At least here in Canada.
There must be some kind of record -- else, how is it known that it's a first time offence?
The DA will keep a record, but it won't show up in a search or be reported for jobs, etc.

Bourne Skeptic
.
.
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#4

Post by Bourne Skeptic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Tigzy wrote:Gawd damn, you just have to read Dicky's latest. It's - well, it's quite something.

Essentially it's a puff piece about, in Dicky's own words, 'a groovy new podcast'. However, it should be said that this hep n jivin new podcast is helmed by his brother in law. Now, you may think that would be the extent of Dicky's nepotism, but remember - this is Dicky we're talking about here. Now, in terms of familial relations, who else do you think Dicky would offer a flattering puff to? And remember, he has a lot of form in this respect.

That's right - Dicky himself!
My brother in law, Brian Parra, has launched a groovy new podcast, There Is No Time to Explain. And I was his first interview subject (episode 1). It’s an example of my favorite kind of podcast [well, it is about you Dicky - Tigz], where we both chat about all kinds of things that mostly aren’t the usual things I’m talking about over and over. [you mean you don't usually talk about yourself? lol - Tigz]

As Brian describes the episode, “we talk about [Richard’s] life as a freelance historian and traveling author and then our conversation turns to the idea that we wage war very differently depending on our cultural ideas.” But boy is there so much more!
And boy oh boy there certainly is so much more, daddy-o - so much more about Dicky, that is:
The first part is a lot about making a living as an independent artist. Then we get to what he asked me on to talk about, which was an obscure remark I made on another awesome podcast, the MABOOM show (I think this episode, which is my favorite of the three I did with them), about how national cultural values might be reflected in the design of our battletanks.
Yes. A prominent feature in this podcast is about an obscure remark Dicky once made. Naturally enough, he elaborates:
I’ve had so many people ask me about that, since on MABOOM I just mentioned it and moved on without explaining because we had to get back on topic. Well, Brian got the chance to ask me about it on his show, and it becomes the linchpin launching the rest of the show, inspiring us to talk about many other aspects of how differences in culture change how people think about war, bravery, even suicide. Many points come up relati - blah, blah, friggin blah
So the obscure remark he once made becomes the lynchpin of the show, no less. But then - it gets worse. You won't believe it but it does! Look at this. Look at this shite:
blah blah...one thing that he eggs out of me is one of my least-told sea stories from the Coast Guard, about how we broke the law (well, civil law anyway) for the good of our country [...] it’s about how we said fuck you to the military industrial complex by disregarding a graft-ridden contract to do what’s right under cover of night. Of course officially that never really happened.
Holy shit! Dicky actually goes nigh-on 'hey-I-was-involved-in-secret-military-ops-you-guys' militard. However, Dicky has a disclaimer for all those chuds who might harbour some doubt that this pencil-necked little bug dweeb might not be cut out for these Navy SEAL type heroics:
Oh no. I am totally making it all up just to impress the ladies. Yeah. That’s the ticket.
It goes on - and finally, his brother in law gets a look in:
But then this episode ends with a special segment Brian intends to close every episode with,
...wait for it...
which is having his guest do something weird from a list of weird things he has, and the one I chose from his list was “obscure movie review.” I give a brief review of the excellent but definitely obscure silent film The Call of Cthulhu (produced in 2005).
So it's all about Dicky again. Hey Brian - nice to glimpse you there.

But all that's not the funniest bit. No. Because Dicky has some disclaimers to make:
Corrections to note: On the Historicity of Jesus was published at the University of Sheffield (the peer reviewed [the fucker just cannot resist, can he - Tigz] publishing company is an independent entity but run by Sheffield faculty on the Sheffield campus).
BWAAAAH! :lol: :lol:
Following Brian’s lead in the heat of conversation we didn’t notice we said Bonzai pilots when we meant Kamikaze pilots.
HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKING COCK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell...anyways, Dicky's intellectual robustness aside, he makes a few more disclaimers, and finishes with this:
Also, in case it isn’t obvious, this show was recorded a couple years ago, when I was still married.
No 'in case' about it Dicky, considering at the very start of this load of old toot you claimed it was 'a groovy new podcast, ya...dick.

Anyways, that's pretty much all of it. Here's the archive link, as I'm sure plenty here will need confirmation that it's real: http://web.archive.org/web/201601300100 ... hives/9562

'we didn’t notice we said Bonzai pilots when we meant Kamikaze pilots'

Holy fucking shit. :lol:
Dr Richard Carrier PhD can't seem to stop claiming his book was published by the "University of Sheffield" 4:17 of the audio.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#5

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Ninjaed by Really? I think I wil just shut up and go oppress some womyn, maybe flaunt my funky privilege a bit.

Bourne Skeptic
.
.
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#6

Post by Bourne Skeptic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:03 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
dogen wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote: That's standard practice for all non-serious first time offences. Probation, community service and keep the peace. At least here in Canada.
There must be some kind of record -- else, how is it known that it's a first time offence?
The DA will keep a record, but it won't show up in a search or be reported for jobs, etc.
Isn't it "The Crown Prosecutor" in Canada.

comhcinc
.
.
Posts: 10828
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 am
Location: from Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#7

Post by comhcinc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Bourne Skeptic wrote: Isn't it "The Crown Prosecutor" in Canada.
I think it's actually the Queen that keeps up with this stuff. I mean what else does she do?

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#8

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Ape+lust wrote:Step aside, Morris Madman coming through.

http://imgur.com/h2FW8P6.png

Do it in person, and harris would get the rusty trombone of his life from Myers. He's only brave from a distance.

Bourne Skeptic
.
.
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#9

Post by Bourne Skeptic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:17 pm

comhcinc wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote: Isn't it "The Crown Prosecutor" in Canada.
I think it's actually the Queen that keeps up with this stuff. I mean what else does she do?
Practices her wave?

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploa ... finger.gif

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#10

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:21 pm

comhcinc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:A little history. According to Google, this is the first instance of Rebecca posting on Peez's blog.

By the second post, she's informed everyone she swallows.

Thus began the infatuation and aching testicles that blew up the atheo-skepto-sphere a few years later.

http://imgur.com/wpmwcIa.png
She also admits to have traded sex for food. I wonder exactly how much food I have to give her to get a blowjob in return? :think:
I wonder how much just to make her go away.

Guest_84d94f98

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#11

Post by Guest_84d94f98 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:25 pm

NECSS/SGU/Steve Novella over reaction to Dawkins tweet explained:

He thought the red head with problematic glasses in the cartoon video was supposed to be Rebecca Watson.
[youtube]ecJUqhm2g08[/youtube]

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#12

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Tigzy wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:Looks like JK Rowling might sue McGarry For the 'misogynist abuse' tweets.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/celebrity/ ... -1-4015679
Good. And Rowling's titanium-hearted-bitch response to McGarry is a thing of beauty:
Dude, that was like killing a slug with the Wave Motion Gun.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#13

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote: You might think is is special but I don't and I like the guy. If he wants to be part of the group that's cool but past that I don't want this place to turn into some groupie hangout for a youtube star.
I detect a pit schism brewing - the Akkadians vs the Uber-Menschers.
It's the people's front of akkad vs. the akkadian people's front.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#14

Post by Tigzy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:36 pm

welch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:Looks like JK Rowling might sue McGarry For the 'misogynist abuse' tweets.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/celebrity/ ... -1-4015679
Good. And Rowling's titanium-hearted-bitch response to McGarry is a thing of beauty:
Dude, that was like killing a slug with the Wave Motion Gun.
That's just inspired me to go and have a look at McGarry's twitter, to see if she's still making a fool of herself.

She's set it to private. I think she's only just started to understand how twitter and defamation works.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#15

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:38 pm

comhcinc wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: That's a dick move and you know it.
Yes it is. I agree with you. Why exactly are we still going on about this?
U HAVE TO AGEREE IT IZ TEH BIGGEST DICKUS MOVE EVAR!!!!!!OMGWTFBBQKHAAAAAN!

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16733
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#16

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:39 pm

9.40pm Steve. Tick tick tick.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16733
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#17

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Carrier. The gift keeps giving.

Time for the Hoodoo Gurus me thinks:

[youtube]N56YnwlRU4c[/youtube]

Guest_84d94f98

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#18

Post by Guest_84d94f98 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:45 pm

i.imgur.com/DCLrcTB.png

-Soylent f98

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7556
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#19

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Isn't it "The Crown Prosecutor" in Canada.
Is Canada even a thing anymore?

Za-zen
.
.
Posts: 2625
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#20

Post by Za-zen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:Speaking of shit-stirring:
Gotta love him. I think he's funny, sometimes misguided, but generally funny and very very smart.
Richard Dawkins is more popular than Jesus.
Dawkins has a razor wit, read him like a fellow pitter. Problem?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#21

Post by Tigzy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Ape - next time you do a Carrier shoop, could you see fit to include either:

A bonsai tree piloting a Zero fighter.

A wee Jap piloting a bonsai tree.

Cheers.

Guest_0048cc29

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#22

Post by Guest_0048cc29 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:NECSS/SGU/Steve Novella over reaction to Dawkins tweet explained:

He thought the red head with problematic glasses in the cartoon video was supposed to be Rebecca Watson.
[youtube]ecJUqhm2g08[/youtube]
Ya know, Occam's Razor and all, in lieu of anything from NECSS, I think your explanation answers a great deal.

(However, did Watson leave the SGU podcast of her own free will? I had thought not.)

Shatterface
.
.
Posts: 5898
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#23

Post by Shatterface » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:07 pm

comhcinc wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote: Isn't it "The Crown Prosecutor" in Canada.
I think it's actually the Queen that keeps up with this stuff. I mean what else does she do?
The Queen also keeps your Permanent Record, detailing all the naughty things you did at school. Santa gets a copy too.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#24

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:NECSS/SGU/Steve Novella over reaction to Dawkins tweet explained:

He thought the red head with problematic glasses in the cartoon video was supposed to be Rebecca Watson.
[youtube]ecJUqhm2g08[/youtube]
Ya know, Occam's Razor and all, in lieu of anything from NECSS, I think your explanation answers a great deal.

(However, did Watson leave the SGU podcast of her own free will? I had thought not.)
I'm guessing Watson left the SGU podcast like Ophelia Benson totally decided on her own that it was time to sprout her own butterfly wings and try something new.

comhcinc
.
.
Posts: 10828
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 am
Location: from Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#25

Post by comhcinc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Really? wrote:
I'm guessing Watson left the SGU podcast like Ophelia Benson totally decided on her own that it was time to sprout her own butterfly wings and try something new.
After the last couple of days I am guessing Watson was begged to stay to keep away that evil old man Dawkins.

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7966
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#26

Post by AndrewV69 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Snapfingers wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Uh yeah. She can go fuck herself.
Your homoerotic priveledge is showing. the heterominded amoung us wishes she would go fuck one of us
Ummmm I pass (not that is likely to ever happen) because of her tat & piercing.


welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#28

Post by welch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:43 pm

comhcinc wrote:
Really? wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Snap!
That's mean. The University of Minnesota Morris is like Harvard. Anyone who gets there must be at the top of their field.

I think she was talking aboot Steven Novella
That may actually be the meanest thing I've seen in a while. Just not sure to whom. But good job.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#29

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Geez. Peez is sounding just like Carrie Poppy.

http://imgur.com/KmmLrdD.png

There are a couple more tweets about it in his timeline. He's really upset.

Somehow it's different when Peez calls into a show to talk about Sam Harris' crypto-fascism, which he's done often enough. I'll bet he can't explain why.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#30

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Heeee! That's good! :lol: :lol:

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#31

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Ape+lust wrote:
Heeee! That's good! :lol: :lol:
SPOOGE HER LEG, RICHIE. SPOOGE HER LEG.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10411
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#32

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Ape+lust wrote:Geez. Peez is sounding just like Carrie Poppy.

http://imgur.com/KmmLrdD.png

There are a couple more tweets about it in his timeline. He's really upset.

Somehow it's different when Peez calls into a show to talk about Sam Harris' crypto-fascism, which he's done often enough. I'll bet he can't explain why.
If the one and true Gad is going to do feature on PZ, when is it?
I'm looking forward to it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#33

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Tigzy wrote:Ape - next time you do a Carrier shoop, could you see fit to include either:

A bonsai tree piloting a Zero fighter.

A wee Jap piloting a bonsai tree.

Cheers.
:lol:

Looking at your sig -- did he really write bonzai? Then he's wrong again. The battle cry was BANZAI (all caps because it's always bellowed). Which, of course, isn't a a suicide pilot. Or even a tree. The one time he doesn't get his shit peer-reviewed, he fucks up :lol:

Yeah, a little tree ornament sized Carrier BANZAIing his plane into Davis Aurini's head or something sounds like fun :D

Spike13
.
.
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:40 pm
Location: Dirty Jersey, on the Chemical Coast
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#34

Post by Spike13 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:bleedingcool.com/2016/01/28/marvel-comics-ceo-isaac-perlmutter-donated-one-million-dollars-to-donald-trumps-veteran-event/
Marvel Comics CEO Isaac Perlmutter Donated Over A Million Dollars To Donald Trump’s Veterans Event
Given Marvel's attempts to create a few profeminist/SJW titles, this won't bode well for their new endeavors.

What are the SJW nerds going to do?

Not read marvel comics?
Create their own titles?
Read DC? :lol: ( outside of Batman)

Much like sports fans, they'll come crawling back.

bovarchist
.
.
Posts: 1925
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:07 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#35

Post by bovarchist » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:21 pm

comhcinc wrote: -Rebecca Watson- also admits to have traded sex for food.
You mean she gave someone food to fuck her?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#36

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Heeee! That's good! :lol: :lol:
SPOOGE HER LEG, RICHIE. SPOOGE HER LEG.
:lol: :lol:

Rub ON. Rub OFF. Kleenex. Sleep.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#37

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Ape+lust wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Ape - next time you do a Carrier shoop, could you see fit to include either:

A bonsai tree piloting a Zero fighter.

A wee Jap piloting a bonsai tree.

Cheers.
:lol:

Looking at your sig -- did he really write bonzai? Then he's wrong again. The battle cry was BANZAI (all caps because it's always bellowed). Which, of course, isn't a a suicide pilot. Or even a tree. The one time he doesn't get his shit peer-reviewed, he fucks up :lol:

Yeah, a little tree ornament sized Carrier BANZAIing his plane into Davis Aurini's head or something sounds like fun :D
As a skeptic, I need a little proof before I can believe that Carrier's mistake wasn't motivated by some hatred for Japanese people. This is what we do now. Someone makes a mistake, imagined or otherwise, and we use that mistake as evidence that the writer in question is a racist.

So Carrier is clearly either an uneducated moron who didn't learn basic twentieth century history in fourth grade or he's a racist.

I hope he'll let us know which one he is.

Eskarina
.
.
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#38

Post by Eskarina » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 pm

welch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote: You might think is is special but I don't and I like the guy. If he wants to be part of the group that's cool but past that I don't want this place to turn into some groupie hangout for a youtube star.
I detect a pit schism brewing - the Akkadians vs the Uber-Menschers.
It's the people's front of akkad vs. the akkadian people's front.
I wonder what Loretta has to say about this.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#39

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:If the one and true Gad is going to do feature on PZ, when is it?
I'm looking forward to it.
They're still working out dates. I'm looking forward to it, too. Nugent will probably just stick to the facts, but with Peez listening in, Gad is going to tweak him, I'm sure :D

Billie from Ockham
.
.
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#40

Post by Billie from Ockham » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Really? wrote:As a skeptic, I need a little proof before I can believe that Carrier's mistake wasn't motivated by some hatred for Japanese people. This is what we do now. Someone makes a mistake, imagined or otherwise, and we use that mistake as evidence that the writer in question is a racist.

So Carrier is clearly either an uneducated moron who didn't learn basic twentieth century history in fourth grade or he's a racist.

I hope he'll let us know which one he is.
And we'll need that response to seven decimal places, please.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6471
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#41

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:41 pm

I haven't really bothered with Sarkesian's games videos. I always just figured that she a high-class version of Watson's Patreon.

But I have just watched Thunderf00t's vid on her latest and last documentary episode. Wow. This chick must have balls the size of Pluto to stop now. Half a million dollars, and she marks her exit with some ridiculous thirteen-year-old-cell-phone-type whinge about buttocks?

Good fucking christ, the Nigerians should stop emailing me about their dead parents' bank accounts, and just create fake SJW accounts on Patreon.

Wow.

Here, in case you haven't seen it (you probably have, as you are all well-experienced rapists):

[youtube]ex-YkONJLOE[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#42

Post by Ape+lust » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Ape+lust wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:If the one and true Gad is going to do feature on PZ, when is it?
I'm looking forward to it.
They're still working out dates. I'm looking forward to it, too. Nugent will probably just stick to the facts, but with Peez listening in, Gad is going to tweak him, I'm sure :D
...and he's already started.

http://imgur.com/r4hopaA.png

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4637
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#43

Post by Service Dog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Billie from Ockham wrote:Note, also, that many of these same Americans think that Japanese suicide pilots screamed "tree in a pot!" as they dove into American warships during WWII.
:nin:

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16733
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#44

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:00 pm

With 4 mins left I'm calling bullshit on Novella's blog post.

Seems he may have hit a speed bump eh?

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#45

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:04 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I haven't really bothered with Sarkesian's games videos. I always just figured that she a high-class version of Watson's Patreon.

But I have just watched Thunderf00t's vid on her latest and last documentary episode. Wow. This chick must have balls the size of Pluto to stop now. Half a million dollars, and she marks her exit with some ridiculous thirteen-year-old-cell-phone-type whinge about buttocks?

Good fucking christ, the Nigerians should stop emailing me about their dead parents' bank accounts, and just create fake SJW accounts on Patreon.

Wow.

Here, in case you haven't seen it (you probably have, as you are all well-experienced rapists):

[youtube]ex-YkONJLOE[/youtube]
Feminists are really good at lying, but they are very bad at being consistent and making logical arguments. Can't see Batman's butt? Must be sexism. You can see Catwoman's butt as she moves like a cat? Sexism. Spiderman's butt is often very visible? What? Who is Spiderman?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploa ... andard.jpg

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#46

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Brive1987 wrote:With 4 mins left I'm calling bullshit on Novella's blog post.

Seems he may have hit a speed bump eh?
You're forgetting that "tomorrow" might be measured on the Jewish, Chinese or Mayan calendars. He didn't specify which, so we should just wait patiently.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#47

Post by Keating » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:09 pm

With all these new people joining, I think now would be a great time to lock this thread and start a new one.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16733
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#48

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:With 4 mins left I'm calling bullshit on Novella's blog post.

Seems he may have hit a speed bump eh?
You're forgetting that "tomorrow" might be measured on the Jewish, Chinese or Mayan calendars. He didn't specify which, so we should just wait patiently.

I have a mental picture of Novella in a jet chasing the day/night shadow.

In practice I can see him under considerable pressure from the 'Normals' and yet unable to walk back their actions.

Really?
.
.
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#49

Post by Really? » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:With 4 mins left I'm calling bullshit on Novella's blog post.

Seems he may have hit a speed bump eh?
You're forgetting that "tomorrow" might be measured on the Jewish, Chinese or Mayan calendars. He didn't specify which, so we should just wait patiently.

I have a mental picture of Novella in a jet chasing the day/night shadow.

In practice I can see him under considerable pressure from the 'Normals' and yet unable to walk back their actions.
That sounds plausible. All decisions that have been made in the skeptic community since 2012 have been made in hopes of getting a blumpkin from Beckybooze. We know she swallows, but she also made it clear there is a price.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10411
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#50

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:With 4 mins left I'm calling bullshit on Novella's blog post.

Seems he may have hit a speed bump eh?
You're forgetting that "tomorrow" might be measured on the Jewish, Chinese or Mayan calendars. He didn't specify which, so we should just wait patiently.
Becky Calendar?

You can take the Becky out of the SGU but you can't take the Becky out of the SGU :bjarte:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10693
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#51

Post by Lsuoma » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Pit going down soon. Back not quite so soon.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16733
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

#52

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Lsuoma wrote:Pit going down soon. Back not quite so soon.
Noooooooooooooooo!

dog puke
.
.
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#53

Post by dog puke » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Dark Raider... hah hah... I get it.

Elfwick is the new SteersComh

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#54

Post by dogen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:08 pm

I got the final post on the last thread. That's two now -- I AM A GOD AMONG YOU MERE MORTALS!

Guest_84d94f98

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#55

Post by Guest_84d94f98 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:29 pm

On the late blog post by Steve Novella.
1. I think he has realized he has majorly stepped in it. And instead of avoiding controversey, he is now dead center in the middle of it all.
2. He could be attempting to contact Dawkins & his other board members to try and walk this back.
3. Dawkins handled NECSS's behavior with class.

Other considerations on the NECSS/Dawkins issue:
1. If any speaker at NECSS wishes to back out of the conference for any reason, all they have to do is retweet that video.
2. Online Feminists/SJWers now know that NECSS is vulerable to twitter outrage events. They can orchestrate the ouster of any speaker they do not like. Even if the speaker does not say something they can use, they can orchastrate a caniption fit over something.
3. All of the registered speakers are now aware they are under some unwritten rule that they must not piss off any feminists or else they will receive the Dawkins treatment at a moment's notice. I wouldn't want to be in that kind of a position for 9 months.

RICHARD WISEMAN KEYNOTE SPEAKER
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY, Conference Emcee
JAMY IAN SWISS CONFERENCE EMCEE, Conference & Workshop Speakers
NEER ASHERIE PHYSICIST
NIKI ATHANASIADOU RESEARCH SCIENTIST
JANN BELLAMY SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
DEBORAH BEREBICHEZ PHYSICIST
SHARI BERKOWITZ SOCIAL SCIENTIST
EVAN BERNSTEIN THE SKEPTICS’ GUIDE TO THE UNIVERSE
BABA BRINKMAN RAPPER | PLAYWRIGHT
HAI-TING CHINN OPERA SINGER
YVETTE D’ENTREMONT THE “SCIBABE”
JULIA GALEF CENTER FOR APPLIED RATIONALITY
CLAY JONES SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
SCOTT GAVURA SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
HARRIET HALL SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
SAUL HYMES SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
GEORGE HRAB MUSICIAN | PODCASTER
MICHAEL MANN CLIMATE SCIENTIST
GRANT RITCHEY SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
MATT SCHICKELE COMPOSER
JOHN SNYDER SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
BRIAN WALKER TECHNOLOGIST & AUTODIDACT
BRIAN WECHT PHYSICIST | THE STORY COLLIDER

- Soylent f98

Guest_84d94f98

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#56

Post by Guest_84d94f98 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:37 pm

One of the banner adds on NECSS.org, unedited.
veuwer.com/i/3ldt.png

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4637
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#57

Post by Service Dog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 pm

I think Sargon is a righteous dude.
http://i.imgur.com/XKfT3IQ.png?1
His Dawkins livestream is just Sargon alone reading the internet aloud in realtime.
I'm an hour & 7 minutes in, perfectly satisfied with his company.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#58

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Steersman wrote:However, while I'll concede that I might well be wrong in some of my arguments, I'm not at all sure that many here are not also laboring under the misapprehensions if not delusions that their own assumptions are without flaw. And, more particularly, I can't say that I've seen any particularly cogent and well-supported counter arguments in at least some cases. And, even more so, I don't see that you've actually acknowledged my question about the results of your letter to Croom
Croom never answered. If he had, I would have posted his answer on this board.
or that you realize that you are, essentially and apparently by my lights, making a prescription out of your descriptive linguistics.
This like saying "you have made a circle out of your square".

Guest_84d94f98

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#59

Post by Guest_84d94f98 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Steersman bud, focus on concise writing. You were doing better for a while. But you have fully regressed.

-Soylent f98

Michael J
.
.
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

#60

Post by Michael J » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:15 am

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:On the late blog post by Steve Novella.
1. I think he has realized he has majorly stepped in it. And instead of avoiding controversey, he is now dead center in the middle of it all.
2. He could be attempting to contact Dawkins & his other board members to try and walk this back.
3. Dawkins handled NECSS's behavior with class.

Other considerations on the NECSS/Dawkins issue:
1. If any speaker at NECSS wishes to back out of the conference for any reason, all they have to do is retweet that video.
2. Online Feminists/SJWers now know that NECSS is vulerable to twitter outrage events. They can orchestrate the ouster of any speaker they do not like. Even if the speaker does not say something they can use, they can orchastrate a caniption fit over something.
3. All of the registered speakers are now aware they are under some unwritten rule that they must not piss off any feminists or else they will receive the Dawkins treatment at a moment's notice. I wouldn't want to be in that kind of a position for 9 months.

RICHARD WISEMAN KEYNOTE SPEAKER
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY, Conference Emcee
JAMY IAN SWISS CONFERENCE EMCEE, Conference & Workshop Speakers
NEER ASHERIE PHYSICIST
NIKI ATHANASIADOU RESEARCH SCIENTIST
JANN BELLAMY SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
DEBORAH BEREBICHEZ PHYSICIST
SHARI BERKOWITZ SOCIAL SCIENTIST
EVAN BERNSTEIN THE SKEPTICS’ GUIDE TO THE UNIVERSE
BABA BRINKMAN RAPPER | PLAYWRIGHT
HAI-TING CHINN OPERA SINGER
YVETTE D’ENTREMONT THE “SCIBABE”
JULIA GALEF CENTER FOR APPLIED RATIONALITY
CLAY JONES SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
SCOTT GAVURA SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
HARRIET HALL SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
SAUL HYMES SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
GEORGE HRAB MUSICIAN | PODCASTER
MICHAEL MANN CLIMATE SCIENTIST
GRANT RITCHEY SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
MATT SCHICKELE COMPOSER
JOHN SNYDER SOCIETY FOR SCIENCE-BASED MEDICINE
BRIAN WALKER TECHNOLOGIST & AUTODIDACT
BRIAN WECHT PHYSICIST | THE STORY COLLIDER

- Soylent f98
I wouldn't be surprised that the amount of negative feedback they got from cancelling Dawkins was larger than they got to remove Dawkins in the first place. Also I think a few of the more sane leaders in the Skepticism/Atheism movement probably had a word as well.

Locked