Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Brive1987 »

All PZ has done is encourage people to actually read RD's tweet - and most will realise he is pointing at that same small pathetic subset within which resides FtB.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:That Sye Ten video Dawkins tweeted gave Peez the excuse to go full Tumblrina on him. Finally, the little weasel is openly contemptuous.
Jaw dropped, lost somewhere on the floor (FtB archive link)

http://imgur.com/ax2laeO.png
Interesting that he quotes Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize winner, whose invention of PCR did more for science and health than a million, million, million Lidl Pauls could ever do. And in only ten years, which in modern times is incredibly quick for a Nobel in Chemistry.

BTW, if you want a Nobel Prize, Mullis' is up for auction at Bonhams. Estimate range is $50,000-550,000.

Interesting brief interview with Mullis: https://www.bonhams.com/video/20990/
mullis.gif
(338.71 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry, that range is $450,000-550-000.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sunder wrote:
WHAT? PZ MYERS IS BADGERING A WOMAN BEFORE HE WILL BELIEVE HER RAPE ACCUSATION?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

After many years of people thinking it,
Abe Vigoda is finally dead at 94. They don't make crumpled, broken character actors like that anymore.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

It was even suggested Carrie Poppy get involved. Given her past record, we figured it would be just her very thing. Alas no.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The-orbit possibly casts PZ's "even my fellow bloggers hate me" quip in a new light.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Sunder wrote:
That's hyperscepticism. :naughty:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and tits out for the lads!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote: This is going to be the new nigger debate, isn't it... :(

No. Do not engage! Abort! Abort!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Can someone please explain the joke to me?

[youtube]m6uvv1aS5_I[/youtube]
After we discussed comedian Amy Schumer disingenuously scoffing at wrestler Dolph Ziggler on Conan-- a couple slymepitters commented to Let It Be Known that they don't approve of professional wrestling, and assure the world they Aren't Fooled by wrestling's brilliantly-disguised faggotry.

Assiduously distancing oneself from wrestling is a form of Virtue Signaling, as if the uncoolness of wrestling might be contagious to bystanders who don't blurt-out the proper denunciation spell. Such rasslephobia is widespread. Which provides justification for Amy Schumer telling her joke that way: A certain segment of the audience needs to be spoonfed assurances that she's 'their' type of person, not the type to actually enjoy the company of wrestlingfolk. My charitable reading is that Amy Schumer tailored her message to the marks, a perfectly-respectable thing for a worker to do... and I'd be a mark to be butthurt about it/ instead of admiring her ring psychology. (The uncharitable reading is that she-herself actually is a dumb bitch, who is actually trying to convince herself she's Ziggler's better. Maybe. I dunno. It's embarrassing that she has name-dropped Ziggler in so many interviews-- including Fresh Air with Terry Gross!)

I view the SNL skit through a similar lens. On one hand, it seems to 'perpetuate' 'problematic' inequality between how boy and girl victims of statuatory rape are treated. On the other hand-- it's merely fiction, comedy, fluff. I don't like it when Men's Rights supporters simply mirror the humorless, fundamentalist, post-modern tripe of feminism, substituting males on the damsel's fainting couch. There is architectural craft built-in to the SNL skit, regardless of the subject matter. For example, the juxtaposition between the solemn rituals of the courtroom vs. the unruly exuberance of sex. Am I going to lose my cool, just because my team is the butt of the joke?

For me, the SNL skit led me to consider the hardline stance MRAs generally take, regarding female teachers having sex with teen boys. I question whether that is a genuine reaction to the severity of the problem-- or whether it's a political expedience-- because it's the only position MRAs think they can afford to take: they're attacked as 'rape apologists' and sexual predators... so they have to Virtue Signal their sexual morality by saying female teachers should be punished harder-- rather than arguing that male teachers should receive lesser sentences (because girls' sexual victimhood is over-rated).

This line of thought suggests an eventual schism-- between "sex-negative" MRAs on the side of propriety and punishment, vs. "sex positive" proponents. If so, that would be Exactly Like what happened to Feminism, which I find interesting.

Okay.......but where is the joke?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Ok, perhaps I'm wrong in my assessment from before.

Jack ass, I mean, peezy is going after Dawkins again.

Dawkins commented on a cartoon from Sargon of Akkad.

The cartoon links the common goals of radical Islamists and "some" feminists.

How dare they point out the obvious... Guess Peezy never heard the saying that politics make for strange bedfellows. Probably too busy dreaming of fifth horseman status to have absorbed that lesson

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:On a serious note, this looks like a good move for Canuck & Co, given that they are blogging for the love, not the money.

PZ these days is a rabid dog in search of people to bite. It's a completely rational fear to believe that you could be the next Benson or Bey -- those people might hang out at Tony's roost, but they still have their FTB profiles -- so a Horde can still be whipped up at the drop of a hat. (Remember that Oolon had disappeared from FTB for ages before returning to lead the attacks on Ophelia.)

Also, they can regain some dignity by no longer being associated with those insane ads.
Damn it Billy. Stop writing sense. I actually had to stop and read what you had written.

:lol:

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

Marvin Minsky dead. Source: wikipedia / new york times.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

greylurker wrote:Marvin Minsky dead. Source: wikipedia / new york times.
Can't wait for FtB to tell us how many people he raped during his lifetime.

John D

Post by John D »

Sometimes I just find the world to be strange. I often listen to public radio and TV since it has a bit more detail than most news sources (except print media... which I also enjoy). So NPR does a story on people with albinism and how they have problems fitting in. Yeah... there was a white guy in my high school that was albino and he had the crazy colored hair and pink eyes. I am sure he got some shit for it from all the assholes. It the same time, he was kind of smart about it to because he could play for attention by being unique. Tons of people knew him just cause he was different and most people are not assholes.

But... NPR decides to do the story in a way that shows how hard it is to have albinism and be black. And... I read the article and thought...wow... these black folks that value their skin color actually might give this person more shit about their genetic condition. And then I wonder why NPR spins this as a story about how hard it is to be black and albino. I come away thinking... damn... these blacks are worse than whites... but no one thinks about it that way..... and they say... oooohhhh.... ahhhhh skin color is so super important for identity. Fuck that. Make your fucking identity on your own and stop this nonsense. Modern liberals are so in love with the idea of "identity" like it is some kind of holy grail. They say... oh poor girl.. this is affecting her "identity". No... it's not... she has learned how fucking stupid people are... especial the media... and she has found herself in the process. Fuck you NPR.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/ ... t=20160126

Really?

Post by Really? »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
And according to PZ just now, a police report that was just filed about something that allegedly happened thirty fucking years ago is reliable evidence.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D doing his steersman light act again.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

VickyCaramel wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Yesterday at dinner I heard an interesting conversation at the falafel place I go to. The man behind the counter was talking to a friend of his-both spoke heavily accented English-I'm guessing one either didn't speak Arabic or their dialects were sufficiently different that speaking in English is easier. Anyhoo, they were talking about Palestine. The conversation was full of despair but not anger. Oppressed by Israel but exploited by Hamas and their duplicitous Arab neighbors who don't really care them, they couldn't come up with any solutions except to keep your head down and just barrel through, try and and make a life for yourself however you can.
Dude, that is completely normal. And before Hamas they were lamenting how the PA was full of idiots and corrupt opportunists, and before that they were complaining about how the PLO was out of ideas.

Israel/Palestine is a serious fucking problem. Even if you are a rabid Zionists, even if you don't believe that Palestinians have any right to complain or brought it all on themselves, you should at least understand how Arabs/Muslims feel about it.
The Palestinians would do well to turn their backs on the rest of the Arab/Persian ummah, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and focus on coexisting with the Israelis. They have legitimate grievances (doesn't every culture that has at one time or another been on the bottom - what have the Romans, Saxons, Danes, Jutes, Francs, etc ever done for England?), but the all or nothing position based on tribal/religious pride will ensure they get nothing.

Soapy Stevens

Post by Soapy Stevens »

John D wrote:Modern liberals are so in love with the idea of "identity" like it is some kind of holy grail. They say... oh poor girl.. this is affecting her "identity". No... it's not... she has learned how fucking stupid people are... especial the media... and she has found herself in the process. Fuck you NPR.
They say it's about identity but in reality it's about group membership and which herd you're in. To the identity politics brigade, woe betide you if you join the wrong group.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pitchguest wrote:By the way, I die a little inside whenever I see the conjunction "could of" instead of "could have." English isn't even my first language!

Oh god, the times I wish I could turn my brain off.
How do you feel about past modal verbs being referred to as "conjunctions"? :dance:
What does an eye infection have to do with anything?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Yesterday at dinner I heard an interesting conversation at the falafel place I go to. The man behind the counter was talking to a friend of his-both spoke heavily accented English-I'm guessing one either didn't speak Arabic or their dialects were sufficiently different that speaking in English is easier. Anyhoo, they were talking about Palestine. The conversation was full of despair but not anger. Oppressed by Israel but exploited by Hamas and their duplicitous Arab neighbors who don't really care them, they couldn't come up with any solutions except to keep your head down and just barrel through, try and and make a life for yourself however you can.
Dude, that is completely normal. And before Hamas they were lamenting how the PA was full of idiots and corrupt opportunists, and before that they were complaining about how the PLO was out of ideas.

Israel/Palestine is a serious fucking problem. Even if you are a rabid Zionists, even if you don't believe that Palestinians have any right to complain or brought it all on themselves, you should at least understand how Arabs/Muslims feel about it.
The Palestinians would do well to turn their backs on the rest of the Arab/Persian ummah, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and focus on coexisting with the Israelis. They have legitimate grievances (doesn't every culture that has at one time or another been on the bottom - what have the Romans, Saxons, Danes, Jutes, Francs, etc ever done for England?), but the all or nothing position based on tribal/religious pride will ensure they get nothing.

But their corrupt leaders get lots of cash from the rest of the Muslim world.

They'll fight Isreal down to the last Palestinian.

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:Sometimes I just find the world to be strange. I often listen to public radio and TV since it has a bit more detail than most news sources (except print media... which I also enjoy). So NPR does a story on people with albinism and how they have problems fitting in. Yeah... there was a white guy in my high school that was albino and he had the crazy colored hair and pink eyes. I am sure he got some shit for it from all the assholes. It the same time, he was kind of smart about it to because he could play for attention by being unique. Tons of people knew him just cause he was different and most people are not assholes.

But... NPR decides to do the story in a way that shows how hard it is to have albinism and be black. And... I read the article and thought...wow... these black folks that value their skin color actually might give this person more shit about their genetic condition. And then I wonder why NPR spins this as a story about how hard it is to be black and albino. I come away thinking... damn... these blacks are worse than whites... but no one thinks about it that way..... and they say... oooohhhh.... ahhhhh skin color is so super important for identity. Fuck that. Make your fucking identity on your own and stop this nonsense. Modern liberals are so in love with the idea of "identity" like it is some kind of holy grail. They say... oh poor girl.. this is affecting her "identity". No... it's not... she has learned how fucking stupid people are... especial the media... and she has found herself in the process. Fuck you NPR.

My understanding is that albinism in places like West Africa is life-threatening: the witch doctors will kill you and chop you up for medicine.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Sunder wrote:
Fucking hell, he really is a piece of work, does he just not see his own hypocrisy? So this is how he finally slides into obscurity and ridicule, what an arsehole.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Uggghhh....a few FB friends already posting the Dawkins tweet. Trying to gin up rage.
Folks saying they won't ever support CFI again.
(Though one poster saying maybe they need to renew after they quit donating to CFI, when Melody was still a part of it, lol)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Tigzy wrote:It was even suggested Carrie Poppy get involved. Given her past record, we figured it would be just her very thing. Alas no.

Age is giving Carrie Poppy an Ayn Rand rictus

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Steersman wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote: :) If I had had both testicles removed due to cancer - rare but not unheard of if I'm not mistaken - then, technically, I would no longer be a man. Just a person with an X-Y karyotype.

Rather "problematic" that people insist on conflating a particular capability with a whole person.
This is going to be the new nigger debate, isn't it... :(
Definitions ARE rather important, both as touchstones and as points of reference:
Except you're only succeeding in pointing out the definition you use to establish your point is not the one everyone else uses. Or are you the sort of person that might witness me telling some hand-wringer to "be a man" and conclude I meant he should start producing gametes?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

HoneyWagon wrote:Uggghhh....a few FB friends already posting the Dawkins tweet. Trying to gin up rage.
(Though one poster saying maybe they need to renew after they quit donating to CFI, when Melody was still a part of it, lol)
Perhaps CFI doesn't need or want their kind any longer.

Perhaps they'd be happier someplace else.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:
And according to PZ just now, a police report that was just filed about something that allegedly happened thirty fucking years ago is reliable evidence.
No statute of limitations for something like this in Texas.

http://research.lawyers.com/texas/texas ... tions.html

Of course, 30 years later, with no corroborating evidence, barring a confession, there is no way a prosecutor is going to take this on. Hell, the police are not even going to investigate. The woman also sounds nutty. She also claims to remember nothing.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Shame. Just when we need him to fix Steersman.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
quote="Steersman"
:) If I had had both testicles removed due to cancer - rare but not unheard of if I'm not mistaken - then, technically, I would no longer be a man. Just a person with an X-Y karyotype.

Rather "problematic" that people insist on conflating a particular capability with a whole person. /quote
This is going to be the new nigger debate, isn't it... :(
Definitions ARE rather important, both as touchstones and as points of reference:
Except you're only succeeding in pointing out the definition you use to establish your point is not the one everyone else uses. Or are you the sort of person that might witness me telling some hand-wringer to "be a man" and conclude I meant he should start producing gametes?
That is dictionary sexjism. I propose that we start sexjism+.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jet_lagg wrote: Except you're only succeeding in pointing out the definition you use to establish your point is not the one everyone else uses. Or are you the sort of person that might witness me telling some hand-wringer to "be a man" and conclude I meant he should start producing gametes?
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/u ... ellboy.gif

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Oglebart wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Fucking hell, he really is a piece of work, does he just not see his own hypocrisy? So this is how he finally slides into obscurity and ridicule, what an arsehole.
But... but... listen and believe! Believe the victim is 101 stuff!

What a bearded twat.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Disappointing omission from The Orbit blogroll: Laden.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

dogen wrote:
John D wrote:Sometimes I just find the world to be strange. I often listen to public radio and TV since it has a bit more detail than most news sources (except print media... which I also enjoy). So NPR does a story on people with albinism and how they have problems fitting in. Yeah... there was a white guy in my high school that was albino and he had the crazy colored hair and pink eyes. I am sure he got some shit for it from all the assholes. It the same time, he was kind of smart about it to because he could play for attention by being unique. Tons of people knew him just cause he was different and most people are not assholes.

My understanding is that albinism in places like West Africa is life-threatening: the witch doctors will kill you and chop you up for medicine.
Saw a documentary on a Nigerian albino football team once. They have to play at twilight so they don't burn.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Steersman wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Steersman, what the fuck are you on?

[.tweet][/tweet]
:) Mainlining dictionaries.

But that's the problem - virtually no one is actually willing to take a look at the definitions which causes no end of problems - as "the Benson debacle" clearly illustrates. Have I mentioned (recently) that?:
Francis Bacon wrote:For men associate through conversation, but words are applied according to the capacity of ordinary people. Therefore shoddy and inept application of words lays siege to the intellect in wondrous ways”
If you'd actually take a look there you would see that most dictionaries, including medical ones, and many encyclopaedias simply define "woman" as:
wom·an n. pl. wom·en (wĭm′ĭn)
1. An adult female human. .... [American Heritage]
wom•an (ˈwʊm ən) n., pl. wom•en (ˈwɪm ɪn)
adj. n.
1. an adult female person, as distinguished from a girl or a man. .... [Random House Webster]
Woman: A woman is a female human. The term woman is usually reserved for an adult, with the term girl being the usual term for a female child or adolescent. .... [Wikipedia]
And all [or virtually all] such define "female" as:
... the sex of an organism, or a part of an organism, that produces non-mobile ova (egg cells) .... [Wikipedia]
By which token if a person with an X-X karyotype loses the ability to "produce ova" then she is, technically speaking, no longer a woman - just a person with an X-X karyotype and with some of the secondary characteristics typically, though not exclusively, associated with the class "woman". But, analogously, you might consider it similar to the case of having the ability to see: have it - you're sighted; lose it - you're blind. The terms "woman" and "man" simply denote a particular similarly ephemeral capability, and people making more out of those ephemeral capabilities is, I think, part and parcel of the rather problematic phenomenon of identity politics - surely we are each more than any subset of our attributes? Q.E.D. ;-)
I realise you are trolling, but this is so monumentally fatuous it isn't even worth setting the record straight on.

Suffice to say literally no-one in the world apart from (possibly) you thinks this is true.

10/10 for originality, though: :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

d4m10n wrote:
welch wrote:The probability is fairly good that it's not a hoax, but the probability it is a hoax is not zero by a good margin as of yet.
If it is a hoax, then the hoaxer was clever enough to blank out the website right after the Pit started linking to it. Whoever built this site is fully tuned into the rifts, whichever side they might fall on.
Come on Damion, was it you?

:)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:
No statute of limitations for something like this in Texas.

http://research.lawyers.com/texas/texas ... tions.html

Of course, 30 years later, with no corroborating evidence, barring a confession, there is no way a prosecutor is going to take this on. Hell, the police are not even going to investigate. The woman also sounds nutty. She also claims to remember nothing.

If she remembers nothing how can she accuse NDT of anything?

Looking forward to: Grenade post part deux... Come Twatson! The game is afoot!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I wonder what it's like being the King of Idjitville?

Peez has driven off just about every online intellectual peer he's known. All that's left are ideologues, and now it's looking like his closest blogging buddies are ready to leave him. Soon, he'll only have Surly Amy, Watson, Marcotte, and a few others to talk to, plus Nerd, Gilliel, and the remaining hothouse freaks.

So, I wonder what it's like to have a 60-watt brain when your friends don't collectively have the candlepower of an oven light. He must be aching to talk to someone who won't just belch justice warrior platitudes at him.

I hope so. I hope it's making him nutz :D

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Spike13 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:It was even suggested Carrie Poppy get involved. Given her past record, we figured it would be just her very thing. Alas no.

Age is giving Carrie Poppy an Ayn Rand rictus
A low protein vegan diet is not conducive to collagen production.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Steersman wrote: :) Mainlining dictionaries.

*snip*
I realise you are trolling, but this is so monumentally fatuous it isn't even worth setting the record straight on.

Suffice to say literally no-one in the world apart from (possibly) you thinks this is true.

10/10 for originality, though: :lol:
Trolling for sure. And totally fatuous. The radfems on twitter have taken up the baton, might keep his circuits in a loop for a few hours. :pray: :pray:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Shame. Just when we need him to fix Steersman.
Best post evah!

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

I reckon that's a bit too subtle and cryptic for forgetful old PZ.

How about "How is this different from when you openly accused Michael Shermer of rape, you hypocritical fucking moron?"

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:The Palestinians would do well to turn their backs on the rest of the Arab/Persian ummah, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and focus on coexisting with the Israelis.
They'd first have to get rid of Hizbollah, which has support from Iran.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Søren Lilholt wrote:

How about "How is this different from when you openly accused Michael Shermer of rape, you hypocritical fucking moron?"
One reason for doing it in the way that I did, is that I'm blocked by PZ, so I wanted the post to not be directed at him. I was tweeting to the thirty people who get my stuff, plus all of you here, of course. I was decidedly not trying to violate PZ's safe space, even if I happened to be responding to something he wrote with a tag back to him in the text. oops

feathers

Post by feathers »

jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: Definitions ARE rather important, both as touchstones and as points of reference:
Next thing you know, he's going to argue that, I don't know, say, "nigger' is not an insult.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Spike13 wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Uggghhh....a few FB friends already posting the Dawkins tweet. Trying to gin up rage.
Perhaps CFI doesn't need or want their kind any longer.

Perhaps they'd be happier someplace else.
In a bloody volcano. A working one.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Holy shit. Carrie Poppy. Holy shit. Frankly, I'm sorta glad she blocked me in the end, one the basis of the old warning about gazing at the void for too long.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Sunder wrote:I'm getting more than a little sick of the projection going on by the bearded taint and his remaining few sycophants.

Because their bullshit accusation is that it's a bunch of mindless Hitch fans who can't stand hearing anything negative said about the guy, rather than people who are perfectly willing to accept truthful criticism of Hitchens, but aren't going to let blatant lies go unchallenged. So when Paul Dumbfuck Myers makes a very unambiguous claim about what someone said at a certain place and time, and someone else trots out the recording to show beyond a doubt that his claim is bogus, Paul Dumbfuck Myers ought to apologize and staple his gob shut before more asinine bullshit tumbles out of it.

But Paul Dumbfuck Myers wouldn't be the dumb fuck that he is if he exercised any restraint on that backed-up septic tank he calls a mouth.
PZ Myers failed to learn that trying to lie to GodlessSpellchecker is a BIG mistake. Funny how Mr. Tentacle Rapist is following the same path as CJ Werleman, a fraudulent lying twat who shares a disturbing number of opinions and positions with Myers these days. The more a person is exposed as a liar and a fraud (like Myers and Werleman), the more extreme they becomes in their conspiracy theories and lack of rationality. I wouldn't be surprised if Myers jumps on the anti-Jew bandwagon very soon, just as most exposed frauds seem to do.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Søren Lilholt wrote:

:violence-instagib: BOOM, Headshot!! Well, come on then Peezy, answer the fucking question!!

tina

Post by tina »

feathers wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:The Palestinians would do well to turn their backs on the rest of the Arab/Persian ummah, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and focus on coexisting with the Israelis.
No one supports Herbollah though, fucking misogs.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
You think I pulled those definitions out of my arse? That it's not relevant that most dictionaries have that as the first, the primary, definition?

That people, for the sake of argument, conflate secondary characteristics with primary and defining ones is little more than stereotyping even if it's somewhat understandable. But that says diddly squat about the primary one. You too could do with a close reading of, and serious reflection on, the opening paragraphs on the topic of taxonomy:
Taxonomy (from Ancient Greek: τάξις taxis, "arrangement", and -νομία -nomia, "method"[1]) is the science of defining groups of biological organisms on the basis of shared characteristics and giving names to those groups. ....
"Defining on the basis of shared characteristics" - and which gametes are produced is apparently deemed as sufficiently common and relevant to justify their own names and classifications, i.e., "woman" and "man". Regardless of many people's "shoddy and inept application", or simply careless application, of the terms.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oglebart wrote:
:violence-instagib: BOOM, Headshot!! Well, come on then Peezy, answer the fucking question!!

PZ probably has him blocked.

Dolores Fuller

Post by Dolores Fuller »

Tigzy wrote:Holy shit. Carrie Poppy. Holy shit. Frankly, I'm sorta glad she blocked me in the end, one the basis of the old warning about gazing at the void for too long.
It was a very interesting set of tweets. She refused to even acknowledge the woman making the accusation.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

tina wrote:
feathers wrote:
No one supports Herbollah though, fucking misogs.
That's because Hizbollocks.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

feathers wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote: ....
Next thing you know, he's going to argue that, I don't know, say, "nigger' is not an insult.
:lol: Say, now that you mention it ....

Except I've never said it wasn't an insult - I've just questioned the "conventional wisdom" that it's use as such is necessarily racist. A point which a number of credible individuals - Chris Rock, and the linguist Adam Croom - have more or less supported. Not that such facts cut very much ice here.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
Oglebart wrote:

PZ probably has him blocked.
I'll bet he got a gander anyway. And surely he's read it here. But he is a sniveling little coward with all the integrity of a rabid weasel.