Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Spike13

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:No one else has - so I'll make the observation. How the fuck did that gunman fire multiple shots at the reporter and have her still run away? Thats not how it works on TWD.

(The GoPro / smartphone POV footage makes it hard to believe he missed)

I wondered the same thing. Upon initially seeing the video it doesn't look like she was hit.
But watching it again, you see her grab her abdomin and back away/start screaming.

She is wearing a black top so any evidence of bullets wounds would be washed out.

(People don't fly backwards like they do on TV or in movies)

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Spike13 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:No one else has - so I'll make the observation. How the fuck did that gunman fire multiple shots at the reporter and have her still run away? Thats not how it works on TWD.

I wondered the same thing. Upon initially seeing the video it doesn't look like she was hit.
But watching it again, you see her grab her abdomin and back away/start screaming.

She is wearing a black top so any evidence of bullets wounds would be washed out.

The bullet doesn't have so much momentum, so people do not fly backwards.

The question is - how can 'fucking loons' get guns in America?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I suspect they might if the bullet hits something and abruptly stops - transferring all its kinetic energy to the body .... ?

The way she turned and ran didn't make it seem she had any serious impediment Demanding attention. But I guess it was a fraction of time caught on tape. That said the dude did let off another 12 or more rounds after the inital 3 shot flurry.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Karmakin wrote: When Volkah says that truth is a defense in these cases, I think it's important to note that in terms of how these Call-Out Culture things go, The Zoe Post was as backed up as it came. Tons of logs giving proof of his side of the story. And yet, this is the one that got shut down, and something like the whole Mattress Girl thing can go on with no issue (something IMO with negative evidence). I think that's a large part of the context that people see is that there's this MASSIVE double standard, and that's what they're reacting to.
A friend of mine is fond of quoting Umberto Eco's statement that "People only believe things they already know to be true." I think thats relevant to understanding the double standard in play here. People "know" that women get harrassed and that the tech industry is incredibly sexist. So they are willing to believe that Zoe was a victim of misogyny. People "know" that college campuses are a hotbed of rape, so they are willing to believe that Emma was raped. On the other hand, people "know" that the media is trustworthy, so they are unwilling to believe the collusion and corruption. Thats the problem that #GG (as well as Sad Puppies and online atheism) has, is that they need to get people to unlearn what they already "know". #GG has been far more successful at it, for many of the reasons that people have already mentioned, but also because they were able ally with some elements of the conservative media (who have an interest in and long standing attempts to tear down the credibility of the mainstream media.) Whether that is an alliance that is stable long term or not, it has born short term fruit for both sides.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Spike13 wrote:
Guest wrote:But the shooter was a journalist himself. And it's not like the victims were on national TV - just local stuff, right? It's not like she was core in any kind of serious commentary or debate over issues and incidents like Charleston.

I don't think racism is really the root motive; seems more like a run-of-the-mill workplace disgruntlement that maybe was tipped over the edge by other factors, but I don't think what those factors were really matters too much. The perp seems like he was a loose cannon.

Quite agree. This isn't about race relations, it's about someone who from all accounts so far was a fucking loon.

From what I have seen a reporter from one of his previous jobs had said that he was a source of problems.

The media of course will presue the race angle because it gets clicks and ratings.

Never let the truth get in front of a good story.
Yeah, it's not really about racism, or at least how we conventionally see racism. He didn't shoot them because of their race. From what I can tell, he shot them because he was filled with entitlement, something that which racial politics may have contributed towards.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Pseudomonas wrote:
Thanks Feathers, and everyone else, for the welcome.

Brief intro - I'm one of the (many) who used to read Pharyngula for the science, increasingly went WTF at the Horde, wondered what the other side of the story was regarding Elevatorgate, and ended up lurking here til very recently.

snip...

I'm a (Uni based) biochemist.

snip
Sorry, but you've triggered the Pit's warning system and we have to run a quick Nerd of Redhead (sensu lato Turing Test) on you. Is water organic?
Well, I have run a lot of HPLC, but the wife is a brunette, and water, H2O, contains no carbon, therefore...

Pseudomonas

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:I suspect they might if the bullet hits something and abruptly stops - transferring all its kinetic energy to the body .... ?

The way she turned and ran didn't make it seem she had any serious impediment Demanding attention. But I guess it was a fraction of time caught on tape. That said the dude did let off another 12 or more rounds after the inital 3 shot flurry.
[youtube]smo5Uyp5oKM[/youtube]

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Brive1987 wrote:I suspect they might if the bullet hits something and abruptly stops - transferring all its kinetic energy to the body .... ?
Bullets have inelastic collisions with human bodies. Kinetic energy is not conserved.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Brive1987 wrote:Oh Ophie, you trolling with the funny name play?

Well done. :clap: :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/gxL2x6R.jpg

[youtube]a0plKBDytDA[/youtube]

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

SM12 wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

The bullet doesn't have so much momentum, so people do not fly backwards.

The question is - how can 'fucking loons' get guns in America?
She might already have been mortally wounded and not even known it. Police and military regularly give accounts of people taking gunshot wounds in their stride until they succumb to the trauma.

Mermaid1234

Post by Mermaid1234 »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

LurkerPerson wrote:"Flanagan’s 23-page manifesto, which he faxed to ABC News....
The Crommunist Manifesto

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Karmakin wrote:Yeah, it's not really about racism, or at least how we conventionally see racism. He didn't shoot them because of their race. From what I can tell, he shot them because he was filled with entitlement, something that which racial politics may have contributed towards.
I'm not an FTB certified diagnoser of illnesses, but to me a lot of his history - killing animals, being fired for being unable to work in a team, inflated sense of entitlement, blaming everything on others, dabbling in prostitution - are indicators of some sociopathic disorder.
The go-pro'd live-tweeted killer spree surely doesn't disprove that, too.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Killing spree, I mean, of course.

Berlin has a killer Spree, just so you know.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:Any urban "septics" here own firearms? If so why?

Genuinely curious.
I have a shotgun. I used to shoot clay pigeons. Don't bother much now though.

Also, I'm in the UK.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

paddybrown wrote: Stewart Lee, you say? Dealing in politically correct stereotypes of straw right-wingers? I refuse to believe that.

The racist cabbie is as much a comedy cliché as the fat mother in law, and Stewart Lee is a tedious self-righteous twat.
I too find Steward Lee irritating, mostly because he hasn't practiced at his world-weary laconic persona enough, and therefore comes across as a smug and very smackable tosser. Still, he's made a better try at it than Watson, who now simply seems freakish. In any case, despite my disdain for Stewart Lee, the thing he does where he reads out the internet abuse he's received is a thing of beauty. Mostly cos it consists of other people being funny.

[youtube]78Puggk5MCA[/youtube]

As you can see, he also handles his online rape and death threats with much more aplomb than Watson too, though she does set a pretty low bar in this respect.

Also, his hair really does seem to be turning into a small bird, so all opinions on him will soon be irrelevant anyway.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

*****BREAKING NEWS*****
A feminist makes an utter tit of herself
[youtube]nkEVDnV0-LE[/youtube]

Jesus Christ, these people are making me side with Peter Hitchens.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Ape+lust wrote:About Ophelia getting fooled by the Discocunts story... it's Ophelia, it's happened to her many times before. She's impulsive, she wants her couple of lines of harrumphing online PRONTO, which means she's posted "nevermind" and "my bad" followups more times than she'd like to remember. She even once gave a live interview to a woo merchant because the name of his site was Skeptiko, so there's audio out there of one of her whoops moments.
Parallel logic.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:*****BREAKING NEWS*****

Okay, lemme guess - before I look up anything at all about the gobby fat bird.

Name - something along the lines of Hetty or Polly. Possibly even Henrietta

From the home counties. Dad an upper middle-class professional, probably something in aircraft engineering. Detached house. Garden probably has horse stables, but which are no longer used for horses. Went to a minor public girls school.

Basically, Laurie Penny.

Let's go see...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Okay, so her name's Kate. Missed that bit, probably because I was struck by her radiant good nature.

'Kate' - not as twee as 'Polly' or 'Hetty', so I'm wrong there. I mean, 'Kate' is just vaguely in that sorta middle-class circle of girls' names...but I definitely expected something more whimsical. Oh well.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I quit after 10 seconds because of her voice.

This is why I find the first two Harry Potter films unwatchable.

feathers

Post by feathers »

KiwiInOz wrote:Sorry, but you've triggered the Pit's warning system and we have to run a quick Nerd of Redhead (sensu lato Turing Test) on you. Is water organic?
Only if it says "organic" on the bottle and you pay 5 euro for a liter.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:

I quit after 10 seconds because of her voice.

This is why I find the first two Harry Potter films unwatchable.
More cogent, believable, and better argued performance at the same venue. And more fun. Plus the voice is not like a fucking buzzsaw.

[youtube]MCwAcJ78a8A[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, doesn't she sound like Ann Widdecombe?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And now I'm getting into it more, fuck me, but she's a ranty cunt. Who doesn't understand the word censorship.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well, I can find nothing of any interest about Kate, but it was an extremely half-hearted stalk as what little I did see was very dull. However, she does appear to be doing the rounds on Reddit quite a bit. Here, she's acquired the title 'Tumblr in human form': https://www.reddit.com/r/SargonofAkkad/ ... _in_human/

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Brive1987 wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote:

On a related note, I'm curious as to why she didn't fly backwards though a window into a drinks vending machine.
Fly back?

Oh yes.

And to the left.
Are you suggesting there was a second shooter doing the real work, a bit removed, perhaps somewhere grassy knollish?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:I refuse to buy anything of GRRM's anymore. Not like the fat fuck needs my money anyways. I'll just pirate it, if he happens to not die of cardiac arrest before ever finishing ASOIAF.

Shhh... Or he'll find out who your favorite character is and kill it dead!!!!!
Generic spoiler for GoT: everyone dies, but not everyone stays dead.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Shatterface wrote:

Genuinely curious.
I have a shotgun. I used to shoot clay pigeons. Don't bother much now though.

Also, I'm in the UK.
I have shotguns and a couple of hunting rifles here in Britain. Rural though.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When she first says "privileged white men" at 0:58, the whiteboyz in the background grow trollfaces.

They say, "the nigga's always already queer". That's exactly the point! It means the Impact! That is an Impact Turn. It is a Case Turn to the Affirmative. Because we are saying that Queer Bodies Are Not Able To Survive. That necessarily means that the body-- the nigger-- is not able to survive.

When the nigga sees this pain and suffering: that he only can envision himself, that he does not see another nigger that he can feel sympathy for or embrace, but rather that otherness gets obliterated.

[youtube]fmO-ziHU_D8[/youtube]

USA! USA! USA!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Whoa - a competitive debate between Kate and those two black birds - someone, make this happen!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Genuinely curious.
I like killing. Always have.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

The shooter obviously had deeper issues to deal with than simple racism. Paranoid delusions and sociopathy probably had more to do with killing his fucking cats and random undirected murderous rage, if the praise for Cho, Harris and Klebold (sp?) wasn't indication enough. In his own words he was a ticking time bomb. His race was completely irrelevant.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

German StrutBoatsman wrote:Killing spree, I mean, of course.

From which comes the english word "spree" as in "shopping ...." Folks used to take their little boats out on weekends for a little relaxing excursion.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Genuinely curious.
I have a 12-gauge shotgun with a 12-round, wind-up, rotating drum; made in South Africa during Apartheid & marketed under the name Streetsweeper.

But-- it's not really a firearm, since the Treasury Department ruled it does not have a 'sporting purpose' and reclassified it as a 'Destructive Device', which does, conveniently, unregulate sawing-off the 18-inch barrel. Also, I threw-away the crappy folding stock.

http://i.imgur.com/fSpaI9P.jpg?1

It was originally-intended for Race Wars, but I only use it for Block Wars.

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/Pictures/web/ ... _dredd.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:And now I'm getting into it more, fuck me, but she's a ranty cunt. Who doesn't understand the word censorship.
Aye.
"Disabled black trans women are offended by your words so you shouldn't be allowed to say them. That's how free speech works!"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I was at my GF's this morning, and she always puts on the Today Show. They interviewed the BF of the dead news reporter. He talked a lot, teared up a couple of times, but until it was mentioned, I would never have guessed it was his GF he was talking about. They'd just moved in together, were 'engaged to be engaged.' I found it disgusting, how the network trotted out the bereaved for all of America to gawk at. They do this following every 'tragedy.' I was also unsettled by the BF's desire to go all chatty in front of the camera one day after his GF is murdered. If it'd been me, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone for weeks.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Nailed it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I was at my GF's this morning, and she always puts on the Today Show. They interviewed the BF of the dead news reporter. He talked a lot, teared up a couple of times, but until it was mentioned, I would never have guessed it was his GF he was talking about. They'd just moved in together, were 'engaged to be engaged.' I found it disgusting, how the network trotted out the bereaved for all of America to gawk at. They do this following every 'tragedy.' I was also unsettled by the BF's desire to go all chatty in front of the camera one day after his GF is murdered. If it'd been me, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone for weeks.
Yeah, I don't think I'd ever be arsed to do that. Why is it so important to get them on anyway? They always say the same stuff.
"Oh it's like a hole in my heart, I miss them so much, they were so special etc. etc."
It'd be funny if they said "at least now she won't mind when I wipe my cock on the curtains" just once. But no. It's all waaa waaa waaa with the bereaved.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Tim Squirrell more eloquently argues the SJW pro-censorship position, but it still boils down to punching up = good, punching down = bad. I could read that on a thousand feminist Tumblr pages rather than sitting through 10 minutes of concentrated student smugness.
[youtube]TWDfVMc-_Fo[/youtube]

I could nitpick, but as a misogynistic shitlord myself, privileged white male Brendan O'Neill's speech appealed to me. A real defence of the right to offend, rather than just grudging acceptance that tolerating offence is a lesser evil than censorship.
[youtube]BtWrljX9HRA[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

What you see in the movies about people who get shot does not translate into real life. There are a lot of variables. You can get killed instantly by a .22 if it hits you in the right spot. You can run for a mile before abruptly collapsing from a .38.

Get hit by someone with an AK-47 and that is a different story though.

Post by Guest »

It is very easy to make the case for free speech includes icky speech in France. Censorship by the state was broken by the debates around the publication of l'Histoire d'O (hardcore BDSM) and the precursor to Charlie Hebdo, Hara Kiri (who made fun of the death of De Gaule)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Genuinely curious.
I'm in the suburbs, so I don't know if that counts. I have a few, some were necessary in a former line of work, some left over from growing up in a rural environment. I enjoy shooting, but I cannot stand gun nuts. They are as rabid and paranoid as any SJW with the added benefit of being potentially dangerous.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
German StrutBoatsman wrote:Killing spree, I mean, of course.

From which comes the english word "spree" as in "shopping ...." Folks used to take their little boats out on weekends for a little relaxing excursion.
Their little boats like the Graf von Spree? :bjarte:

feathers

Post by feathers »

LurkerPerson wrote:The shooter obviously had deeper issues to deal with than simple racism. Paranoid delusions and sociopathy probably had more to do with killing his fucking cats and random undirected murderous rage, if the praise for Cho, Harris and Klebold (sp?) wasn't indication enough. In his own words he was a ticking time bomb. His race was completely irrelevant.
Now go post this at some FTB blog. I dare you.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

AndrewV69 wrote:

What you see in the movies about people who get shot does not translate into real life. There are a lot of variables. You can get killed instantly by a .22 if it hits you in the right spot. You can run for a mile before abruptly collapsing from a .38.

Get hit by someone with an AK-47 and that is a different story though.
An AK uses 7.62x39, which is actually smaller than a .38, at least in diameter. Confusing because of the metric vs 'murican standard. Damage is going to depend a lot on where your hit, and other variables. All things told, a hit from the AK is more likely to penetrate through, and surprisingly, may cause less damage than a .38, especially if it is standard military vs a wadcutter or self-defense handgun round.

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

We need a champion to stand for facts and evidence in political reporting. I may just have found the man for his times.
Lord Peezus wrote:This is the kind of journalism where facts and evidence don’t matter and aren’t part of the evidence — all we’re supposed to care about is cataloging the opinions of the uninformed, and weight is bestowed by how loudly they are shouted, or by how rich and famous the ignoramus with an opinion is
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ournalist/

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Yo, Godfrey! You made it into Vox Day's latest book:
I don't agree with what you say and I will defend to the death the abuse and vitriol you receive for saying it.
--Godfrey Elfwick

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

CNN was reporting this morning, that the racist comment made by the young reporter to her for colleague (now deceased gunman) was:

"Where are you going to swing by for lunch".

Flanagan felt that she was calling him a monkey.

Politically correct terminology, you never know when you've crossed the line.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Peter Flanders wrote:We need a champion to stand for facts and evidence in political reporting. I may just have found the man for his times.
Lord Peezus wrote:This is the kind of journalism where facts and evidence don’t matter and aren’t part of the evidence — all we’re supposed to care about is cataloging the opinions of the uninformed, and weight is bestowed by how loudly they are shouted, or by how rich and famous the ignoramus with an opinion is
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ournalist/
:lol: All the self-awareness of a rock. One might wonder at his responses to the original UVa rape report in Rolling Stone and to its subsequent debunking.

Somewhat apropos of which, a recent shot across the bows of Greta Christina by Chris Clarke on one of Benson's recent posts:
Chris Clarke
August 27, 2015 at 10:02 am
I’ll say one thing for Greta: she inadvertently created conditions in which I could raise funds at Pharyngula for a blogger who needed shoes and caution donors that he was free to go spend the money on cancer if he wanted.
:clap: :clap:

Peter Flanders

Post by Peter Flanders »

Brendan O'Neill monstered it. Ladies and Gentleman, "we have a duty to offend".

dogen

Post by dogen »

mordacious1 wrote:CNN was reporting this morning, that the racist comment made by the young reporter to her for colleague (now deceased gunman) was:

"Where are you going to swing by for lunch".

Flanagan felt that she was calling him a monkey.

Politically correct terminology, you never know when you've crossed the line.
Stupid fucker. She wasn't calling him a monkey, she was making a lynching reference.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I think we need a big Slymepit round of applause for M.A. Melby and her sterling efforts over the past few weeks.
None of this would have been possible without her tenacity and diligence.
Thank you. Thank you so much.
XOXOXO
Indeed. Although I think the Oscar needs to go to the person who asked Benson the pointed question, "Do you believe that transwomen are women, yes or no?"

But y'all might like to know that Melby has seen and acknowledged your thanks with some of her own, so to speak:
M.A. Melby wrote:.... Also, I could give a donkey’s piss what the pit thinks. They have their popcorn out and they are loving this shit – but IT IS NOT ABOUT THEM. (By the way – hi assholes.) ....
Though one might suggest that providing the link to your post suggests that she cares enough about what we think to at least lurk about. (Pull up a chair [register, or not] and stay awhile Marian - you might find that we're not as bad as some propagandists would have it.)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Wild Zontargs wrote:Yo, Godfrey! You made it into Vox Day's latest book:
I don't agree with what you say and I will defend to the death the abuse and vitriol you receive for saying it.
--Godfrey Elfwick
Ha! Piss off!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Steersman wrote:
Somewhat apropos of which, a recent shot across the bows of Greta Christina by Chris Clarke on one of Benson's recent posts:
Chris Clarke
August 27, 2015 at 10:02 am
I’ll say one thing for Greta: she inadvertently created conditions in which I could raise funds at Pharyngula for a blogger who needed shoes and caution donors that he was free to go spend the money on cancer if he wanted.
:clap: :clap:
All the Slymepit observations are coming out of the woodwork now. You couldn't make it up.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Hey, Lsuoma.
I turned Ad-Block off for the Pit.
I want an ally cookie.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Unless there is brain involvement a gunshot doesn't necessarily stop a human (or animal). A fatal shot may not cause a person immediate brain death until enough bleeding occurs to kill the brain. A shot in the head is more likely to cause immediate death with sufficient brain damage. Likewise a torso shot can cause immediate death if enough energy is transferred via the bloodstream (hydraulic shock) to the brain.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

deLurch wrote:
Badger3k wrote:I presumed that's one reason she uses her alias - unless she legally changed her name - CvV just reeks of money and privilege.
She did end up having her name legally changed. I am not sure when that occurred, but she submitted the paper work to have it changed legally to Zoe Quinn.

It is a good thing Mommy & Daddy still love their porn daughter, otherwise she would not be able to afford the lawyers to dig her ass out of the messes she gets herself into.
Interesting to know that, thanks. Don't forget, her boyfriend is also some "trust fund baby" - lifsitz or something - who's daddy also has loads of money. Both of them are rich, privileged white kids who probably never faced real hardship in their life, but they are supposed to be one of the "common folk". Kind of like how Donald Trump is (in some people's minds) supposed to be some poor man makes good. He never was poor - his first job was with his father's company. Closest he came was his four or five bankruptcies. But people want to believe the image without looking deeper. That's why some of my friends vote republican, even though the policies they enact hurt them. (not saying Dems are any better, two sides of the same coin, just in different ways).

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I was at my GF's this morning, and she always puts on the Today Show. They interviewed the BF of the dead news reporter. He talked a lot, teared up a couple of times, but until it was mentioned, I would never have guessed it was his GF he was talking about. They'd just moved in together, were 'engaged to be engaged.' I found it disgusting, how the network trotted out the bereaved for all of America to gawk at. They do this following every 'tragedy.' I was also unsettled by the BF's desire to go all chatty in front of the camera one day after his GF is murdered. If it'd been me, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone for weeks.
Yeah, I don't think I'd ever be arsed to do that. Why is it so important to get them on anyway? They always say the same stuff.
"Oh it's like a hole in my heart, I miss them so much, they were so special etc. etc."
It'd be funny if they said "at least now she won't mind when I wipe my cock on the curtains" just once. But no. It's all waaa waaa waaa with the bereaved.
Haha! One reason Americans do that is because TV news won't rest until they get someone who will slobber out loud on camera. Asking how someone felt is a necessary part of a reporter's repertoire anymore. As in, "How did you feel when you learned your son fell into the wood chipper?" It's staggeringly stupid, but ratings dynamite.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM12 wrote:
Bullets have inelastic collisions with human bodies. Kinetic energy is not conserved.
A quick search suggested this just means some kinetic energy is turned into some other form of energy (heat?). But if a bullet comes to rapid dead stop inside you it's energy has to go somewhere - no? And it's not going to be just heat. I'm not looking for acrobatics - but I'd expect some form of physical reaction quite apart from the physical damage. But apparently not. Learn something everyday. Not that this was knowledge I was pining for.