Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:This is why SJWs hate free markets. They want cushy jobs and no accountability.
Could you imagine Bill Gates or Steve Jobs in their time rolling over from all the mean, mean competitors and all the user complaints they received? Use your Patreon to hire someone to deal with the hate mail and get on with the business already.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:I dunno. I read about it. I think she announced it on video, but I only watch Anita when I have to, and I didn't have to. Listening to Vee screech and hoot about it is much more entertaining.

Bottom line for her is..... she's depressed. That's it. That's why she's trimming her work hours. Damn lucky for her this depression didn't hit while she was working overnight checkout at Walmart.
Here of course:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

May I?

It will be seven years in three weeks since David passed away. Fuck leukemia.

[youtube]V5zUOnF7tyw[/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I dunno. I read about it. I think she announced it on video, but I only watch Anita when I have to, and I didn't have to. Listening to Vee screech and hoot about it is much more entertaining.

Bottom line for her is..... she's depressed. That's it. That's why she's trimming her work hours. Damn lucky for her this depression didn't hit while she was working overnight checkout at Walmart.
Here of course:
Primated by the Ape.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:This is why SJWs hate free markets. They want cushy jobs and no accountability.
Could you imagine Bill Gates or Steve Jobs in their time rolling over from all the mean, mean competitors and all the user complaints they received? Use your Patreon to hire someone to deal with the hate mail and get on with the business already.
Dealing with hate mail is easy. If you're tired, delete it, block the address who sent it to you and move on. If you feel like it, make a video where you picked the stupidest things they sent you, laugh at them and say "What a bunch of sad, pathetic losers", and you'll get even more fans and make all your critics look like sad, pathetic losers.

This is what the Great Satan Richard Dawkins has done. He got death threats, too, and read them aloud in a video. If Sarkeesian did that I would at least have a modicum of respect for her. I wouldn't agree with her ideas, but at least I would agree that many of her critics are immature idiots. She could even use the hateful tweets and emails to build her case for misogyny in gaming. She'd get even more sympathy.

However if she did that she couldn't have claimed to be a helpless victim of toxic masculinity. She'd be reacting, not just fishing for sympathy by saying "poor little me" to her twitter followers. She'd send the message that people can survive the stupidity of the Internet. She can't do that because she can't be bothered to actually care about her message. She wants other people to do her job and defend her.

Her followers should be pretty pissed off at her for giving up after they've shown so much support.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The deafening silence over the-orbit says it all. SZvan even owned up to the BC leaks.

But here not so much as a "fuck off"

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Brive1987 wrote:The deafening silence over the-orbit says it all. SZvan even owned up to the BC leaks.

But here not so much as a "fuck off"
The backchannel is running hot I'm sure. I think that they will say nothing until there is a resolution or enough pressure from non-trolls that they will need to make a statement.

Early hours in the US at the moment, Alex should be up and around though.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Oglebart wrote:
Really? wrote:Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name? Aren't orbits inherently unequal and different? I suppose two planets could be in the same orbit for a very short time, but won't they always fall out of sync due to differences in mass and such? Same thing with electrons. There are shells of differing diameters. Some are closer to the nucleus than others. There is an inherent hierarchy. The valence electrons will get more play than the others.

Maybe they didn't think about it much. Perhaps one of the pit shop masters would be kind enough to design a logo for their use.
Or it could be several smaller planets/asteroids orbiting a larger behemoth (FTB! ha!)

On the other hand it is also the name of a brand of chewing gum!

Interesting if they are planning to leave FTB, surely that would be a disaster traffic wise? On the other hand it seems the good ship FTB is certainly taking on water, call the Coastguard, Rear Admiral Sticky Carrier to the rescue!!
Maybe it's a typo and the actual name is meant to be The Obit.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Really? wrote:Doesn't The Orbit seem like an odd name? Aren't orbits inherently unequal and different? I suppose two planets could be in the same orbit for a very short time, but won't they always fall out of sync due to differences in mass and such? Same thing with electrons. There are shells of differing diameters. Some are closer to the nucleus than others. There is an inherent hierarchy. The valence electrons will get more play than the others.

Maybe they didn't think about it much. Perhaps one of the pit shop masters would be kind enough to design a logo for their use.
The Obit might have been a little more apt.
Darnit!!!

:nin:

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Cnutella wrote:

FFS, I'm MILES behind aren't I. :oops:

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

i.imgur.com/cU3Omss.jpg

Is that really what a female ninja would wear to a fight?

What would Anita Sarkeesian say?

No armor?
Cleavage exposed?
Reflective belt, collar, and skin exposed?

Why is Heina objectifying and sexualizing a female ninja warrior?

Literally shaking here boss, literally shaking here.

welch

Post by welch »

Old_ones wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
welch wrote:The probability is fairly good that it's not a hoax, but the probability it is a hoax is not zero by a good margin as of yet.
If it is a hoax, then the hoaxer was clever enough to blank out the website right after the Pit started linking to it. Whoever built this site is fully tuned into the rifts, whichever side they might fall on.
If it was actually thimbledick and company who made the site, then getting noticed prematurely might have been part of the plan. If the idea is to win some kind of concession from PZ, and they are serious about walking out if they don't get it, then they might want to demonstrate that, rather than merely threatening. If they had been trying to negotiate and PZ was blowing them off, then this might have been enough to bring him to the table.

It's a pretty weird situation otherwise. Thimbledick leaves a half formed site on public to be indexed by google, but he's paying close enough attention to it to figure out that people have noticed within 24 hours. Also, I can't figure out why they would want to leave FTB in the first place. Peez may be an ass, but I doubt many people who would follow those guys would object to the association with FTB. Given that Benson's Butterfliesandwheels.org is ranked somewhere around 800,000th on alexa, and she was second only to Peez and Brayton, I think it's a bad move. They may as well call their new network "The Oort Cloud" because that's what it will be like: obscure, distant, and only slightly warmer than the average temperature of the universe.
Or maybe they got tired of giving a fuck about how popular the site is, how much money it brings in, etc. PZ/Brayton had no fucking sense about things when they set FTB up, and by all accounts were paying FAR more money than needed. My *guess* was that they best-cased the income projections and those projections were starry-eyed as hell.

So you have some people who just want to write, and they realize they don't have to pay a shit-ton of money for the privilege or put up with the hectoring of the bearded taint to do so. Maybe they like having a small audience and just want to have their little corner, because they've had a taste, a long wallow even, in PZ's world and maybe realized "Hey...this kind of sucks and he's the only one getting anything out of it."

They can scream and cry to the contrary all they want, but FTB has always been about PZ. They're not real bright, takes them longer to figure shit out.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The problem for FtB is that much of its percieved power came from synergies forged between ideologically consistent blogs anchored on PZ's status and SZvan's cold sadism all flying under the same banner.

This powered the dogpiles aimed at conference codes, witches of the week, WiS outrages and of course evil atheist leaders.

Their last dogpile was when they eat their own (Benson) which I think knocked the joy from them. And by then PZ had transfigured into a pathetic shadow. The blogs have lost the fervour, Jason and SZvan are shells. And now money issues threaten open revolt.

Having these 8 bligs leave would utterly demolish any prospect for a redux. Please. Let it happen.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Her followers should be pretty pissed off at her for giving up after they've shown so much support.
The Kickstarter page is full of simpering buffoons who are perfectly happy that they'll never get what they paid for, and they really believe she tried her very very bestest to deliver but gosh darnit just wasn't able.

So I don't hold out a lot of hope. This the behavior of UFO cultists when the flying saucer doesn't arrive on schedule, or on any of the subsequent reschedulings.

welch

Post by welch »

feathers wrote:
I know some folks at Adobe and who work on Mac products for Microsoft. The hate they'd get *in person* at a typical Macworld was pretty heavy, and that was 8+ hours a day for the duration of the show. Then you had the indie tits at the WWDC who would refuse to talk to them, boo/his when they walked by, etc. Again, all in person.

Their hate email was pretty epic.

Which is why, when the indie types get all weepy about "YOU SAID BAD THINGS ABOUT MY PWOGWAAAAAM" they just roll their eyes. Especially the women. They're less sympathetic than the guys by a long shot. None of these people can take even reasoned criticism, much less 'hate'.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

feathers wrote:
Not a Ninja. Can clearly see.
So let me get this straight... if you are an SJW, you're going to be offended by someone dressing up in a kimono or using henna but not as a boobular ninja? Is the offense only caused if the offender is white?

And you would be even more upset if you noticed a man staring at the faux ninja's chest, even though that top is specifically designed to call attention to her breasts? How do you know he's not more concerned about the many historical inaccuracies captured by that "naughty ninja" costume? And why is it being used to advertize a meeting at a Chinese restaurant? Seems a bit insensitive.

I am imagining this is cosplay of some sort? Even if it is, why is it OK to do in real life but not OK in a video game? I thought shit like that was offensive and objectifying?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:
feathers wrote:
Dealing with hate mail is easy. If you're tired, delete it, block the address who sent it to you and move on. If you feel like it, make a video where you picked the stupidest things they sent you, laugh at them and say "What a bunch of sad, pathetic losers", and you'll get even more fans and make all your critics look like sad, pathetic losers.

This is what the Great Satan Richard Dawkins has done. He got death threats, too, and read them aloud in a video. If Sarkeesian did that I would at least have a modicum of respect for her. I wouldn't agree with her ideas, but at least I would agree that many of her critics are immature idiots. She could even use the hateful tweets and emails to build her case for misogyny in gaming. She'd get even more sympathy.
Dawkins gets death threats from people who could conceivably follow through.

If Dawkins was murdered it might shock us but not surprise us.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:Dawkins gets death threats from people who could conceivably follow through.

Not to mention Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Maryam Namazie, Salman Rushdie etc.

cnut the great

Post by cnut the great »

That ninja warrior outfit would be all kinds of misogynistic if it were in a Feminist Frequency game review.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
FFS, I'm MILES behind aren't I. :oops:[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Anybody here planning on going to the ReasonRally in June?

I've never been to one of these things before, wondering what to expect.

Any local knowledge would be welcome, ( DC is one overpriced city to stay in)

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

On a serious note, this looks like a good move for Canuck & Co, given that they are blogging for the love, not the money.

PZ these days is a rabid dog in search of people to bite. It's a completely rational fear to believe that you could be the next Benson or Bey -- those people might hang out at Tony's roost, but they still have their FTB profiles -- so a Horde can still be whipped up at the drop of a hat. (Remember that Oolon had disappeared from FTB for ages before returning to lead the attacks on Ophelia.)

Also, they can regain some dignity by no longer being associated with those insane ads.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Søren Lilholt wrote:

Darnit!!!

More like :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: :nin: .

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Dawkins gets death threats from people who could conceivably follow through.

Not to mention Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Maryam Namazie, Salman Rushdie etc.
And the surviving staff of Charlie Hebdo.

There are real murderers out there and they are not killing SJWs.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:On a serious note, this looks like a good move for Canuck & Co, given that they are blogging for the love, not the money.

PZ these days is a rabid dog in search of people to bite. It's a completely rational fear to believe that you could be the next Benson or Bey -- those people might hang out at Tony's roost, but they still have their FTB profiles -- so a Horde can still be whipped up at the drop of a hat. (Remember that Oolon had disappeared from FTB for ages before returning to lead the attacks on Ophelia.)

Also, they can regain some dignity by no longer being associated with those insane ads.

My take is a bit different, given the recent set-backs I think Peez is seeing the writing on he wall. He been marginalized, and he knows his popularity is at a low ebb. His allies are going through similar reduced fortunes, so there won't be any behind the scenes power displays to get him any prime podium time.

Even he couldn't be stupid or arrogant enough to try to engage in a Rundstedt offensive.It would end the same way.

I'm sure by now the larger lights in the A/S movement must be sick of the drama,tired of bullshit squabbles that distract from what they really want to accomplish.

We've had what, around almost four years eaten by the locusts, the popularity of the movement has stalled, probably even receded.

His attempt to hi-Jack the agenda and put himself on the level of major player has failed.

He couldn't stop the Witch burning of Oaffie, the only real danger he poses is to his own group.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Yesterday at dinner I heard an interesting conversation at the falafel place I go to. The man behind the counter was talking to a friend of his-both spoke heavily accented English-I'm guessing one either didn't speak Arabic or their dialects were sufficiently different that speaking in English is easier. Anyhoo, they were talking about Palestine. The conversation was full of despair but not anger. Oppressed by Israel but exploited by Hamas and their duplicitous Arab neighbors who don't really care them, they couldn't come up with any solutions except to keep your head down and just barrel through, try and and make a life for yourself however you can.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Spike13 wrote:Anita Sarkeasian, wow! An SJW makes big promises, does half assed work and quits before the project is done... Complaining about the work being too hard, mean people, and an illness of some kind....

Who could of guessed that would happen?

If the SJW's built the pyramids, there would only be a few survey stakes and a sign reading " coming soon"
Hmm... the Hensley exit. I personally wouldn't have guessed that this is how she would quit. Unless she has a patreon set up for "disability support" and she can keep the money rolling in that way. OTOH if she wants out, and doesn't want to draw too many questions about where all that kickstarter money went its a pretty good cover story. I'm sure she won't get too many pointed questions from her donor base now that she has a debilitating illness*.

On the off chance that Anita does have depression, then I feel bad for her. It isn't a fun condition to live with.

If you are reading this Anita: dump that sadfaced derp and leave the cult. Find someone who knows how to have fun and take some CBT classes so that you can deprogram and develop a realistic worldview. You won't ever get better if you believe that everything in your life is out of your control and that the world hates you for being a woman. If you want to learn how to play video games, and not talk about their sociopolitial significance, you could always pm me here. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------
* Funny thing about depression; you can learn to live with it, and its often fairly treatable. I've dealt with it since I was about 12, and while it makes some things much harder, its still possible to live a functional life. In fact setting goals, DOING THINGS (even when you don't feel like it at all) and generally avoiding the Hensley trap of wallowing in bed eating bon-bons are all central to keeping yourself from being overwhelmed and overcome. Meds and or CBT can be helpful as well.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Day 2 of Peez jumping feet-first into that Hitchens stuff on Twitter. He's trying to win by framing the shit out of it: his opponents are mere fanboys and hero-worshippers, while he's a pitiless truth-seeker. He's been calling out a Bigfoot of the realm...

...4 years after Hitchens died...

...about stuff he said in 8-14 years ago.

Fearless Peez. Ghostbuster extraordinaire.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Steersman, what the fuck are you on?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Somebody code up some Steersbot gender recognition software, stat!

John D

Post by John D »

katamari Damassi wrote:Yesterday at dinner I heard an interesting conversation at the falafel place I go to. The man behind the counter was talking to a friend of his-both spoke heavily accented English-I'm guessing one either didn't speak Arabic or their dialects were sufficiently different that speaking in English is easier. Anyhoo, they were talking about Palestine. The conversation was full of despair but not anger. Oppressed by Israel but exploited by Hamas and their duplicitous Arab neighbors who don't really care them, they couldn't come up with any solutions except to keep your head down and just barrel through, try and and make a life for yourself however you can.
No one likes the Palestinians. They are not of Arab or Persian history so they have no real friends among the many "tribes" in the Middle East. They only have allies because they are on the front lines of harassing the Israelis. The rest of the Middle Eastern Muslim world just see them as useful pawns.

katamari Damassi

Old_ones wrote:
Hmm... the Hensley exit. I personally wouldn't have guessed that this is how she would quit. Unless she has a patreon set up for "disability support" and she can keep the money rolling in that way. OTOH if she wants out, and doesn't want to draw too many questions about where all that kickstarter money went its a pretty good cover story. I'm sure she won't get too many pointed questions from her donor base now that she has a debilitating illness*.

On the off chance that Anita does have depression, then I feel bad for her. It isn't a fun condition to live with.

If you are reading this Anita: dump that sadfaced derp and leave the cult. Find someone who knows how to have fun and take some CBT classes so that you can deprogram and develop a realistic worldview. You won't ever get better if you believe that everything in your life is out of your control and that the world hates you for being a woman. If you want to learn how to play video games, and not talk about their sociopolitial significance, you could always pm me here. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------
* Funny thing about depression; you can learn to live with it, and its often fairly treatable. I've dealt with it since I was about 12, and while it makes some things much harder, its still possible to live a functional life. In fact setting goals, DOING THINGS (even when you don't feel like it at all) and generally avoiding the Hensley trap of wallowing in bed eating bon-bons are all central to keeping yourself from being overwhelmed and overcome. Meds and or CBT can be helpful as well.
If she's McIntosh's girlfriend, she's likely already skilled in cock and ball torture.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

HunnyBunny wrote:Steersman, what the fuck are you on?
I think he's just lonely and acting out for attention.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

katamari Damassi wrote:Yesterday at dinner I heard an interesting conversation at the falafel place I go to. The man behind the counter was talking to a friend of his-both spoke heavily accented English-I'm guessing one either didn't speak Arabic or their dialects were sufficiently different that speaking in English is easier. Anyhoo, they were talking about Palestine. The conversation was full of despair but not anger. Oppressed by Israel but exploited by Hamas and their duplicitous Arab neighbors who don't really care them, they couldn't come up with any solutions except to keep your head down and just barrel through, try and and make a life for yourself however you can.
Dude, that is completely normal. And before Hamas they were lamenting how the PA was full of idiots and corrupt opportunists, and before that they were complaining about how the PLO was out of ideas.

Israel/Palestine is a serious fucking problem. Even if you are a rabid Zionists, even if you don't believe that Palestinians have any right to complain or brought it all on themselves, you should at least understand how Arabs/Muslims feel about it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

He's never been told "That's no woman, that's my wife," is a joke.

He was almost arrested when a comedian said, "Take my wife, please."

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Old_ones wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Anita Sarkeasian, wow! An SJW makes big promises, does half assed work and quits before the project is done... Complaining about the work being too hard, mean people, and an illness of some kind....

If the SJW's built the pyramids, there would only be a few survey stakes and a sign reading " coming soon"

Think how much cash she could make if she swapped sides and denounced feminism? Fox news would hire her faster than Atheist Roo could count his black friends.

dogen

Post by dogen »

So, the crickets are still chirping loudly on #astroSH; only a single person has commented on the allegations about NdGT, and that person -- Hontas Farmer -- appears to lean toward the non-SJW standpoint (which is amusing, since Hontas is a trans-WOC).

And now this was just posted:
#astroSH your lack of response makes me feel like I am Asar shut in coffin by Set. Dying a second time. But I get it, u luvs u some coon

Shit just got real -- an irresistable force is meeting an immovable object. On the one hand, we're told that all claims of sexual harassment must be believed. On the other, a casual perusal of @tchiya's website indicates that she may not be the most reliable of witnesses. But there's no way the twitterati can come out and say this; requiring a minimum standard of evidence before claims are treated seriously, and/or some kind of due process as opposed to trial by twitter, flies in the face of everything they stand for.

So, we have an explicit claim of rape (as opposed to the other cases discussed so far, none of which involves criminal activity), against a prominent AA astronomer, and all the SJWs can do is silently stare at their feet. Bravo.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

http://adhd.typepad.com/photos/uncatego ... mother.jpg

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Ape+lust wrote:Day 2 of Peez jumping feet-first into that Hitchens stuff on Twitter. He's trying to win by framing the shit out of it: his opponents are mere fanboys and hero-worshippers, while he's a pitiless truth-seeker. He's been calling out a Bigfoot of the realm...

Hitch... A general supporter of history's losers. Visited just about every hell hole in the planet.
Went into N. Korea under an assumed name to see for himself what it was like. Made enimies of dictators and repressive regimes who made a habit out make ing over inquisitive reporters and other annoyances disappear.
Whose main interest in Iraq was the freedom of the Kurds.( largest ethnic minority without UN representation in the world) In Lebanon, escaped a right spot when he had the balls to deface a campain poster that was festooned with swastikas.
That's just a small sample.

PZ... Poisons zebra fish with round up. Fearlessly criticizes dead men. Thinks Richard Dawkins is a problem for Atheism. Gets triggered by the sound of toilets oweing to all the time the jocks stuck his head in them in high school. Boasts an undefeated debate record on his own blog... Due to his ability to ban at will.

Titan intellect vs. mental midget.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I think he's just lonely and acting out for attention.
If he stays the course, he'll be lonely for a loooooooong time.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

dogen wrote:So, the crickets are still chirping loudly on #astroSH; only a single person has commented on the allegations about NdGT, and that person -- Hontas Farmer -- appears to lean toward the non-SJW standpoint (which is amusing, since Hontas is a trans-WOC).

And now this was just posted:
#astroSH your lack of response makes me feel like I am Asar shut in coffin by Set. Dying a second time. But I get it, u luvs u some coon

Shit just got real -- an irresistable force is meeting an immovable object. On the one hand, we're told that all claims of sexual harassment must be believed. On the other, a casual perusal of @tchiya's website indicates that she may not be the most reliable of witnesses. But there's no way the twitterati can come out and say this; requiring a minimum standard of evidence before claims are treated seriously, and/or some kind of due process as opposed to trial by twitter, flies in the face of everything they stand for.

So, we have an explicit claim of rape (as opposed to the other cases discussed so far, none of which involves criminal activity), against a prominent AA astronomer, and all the SJWs can do is silently stare at their feet. Bravo.
I've just had an (admittedly) quick look at Tchiya's tweets and blogpost on the matter and frankly, she does come across as utterly fucking south of Ilford. Personally, I'd take her claims with a large fistful of salt.

Alas for the SJWs, they can't be so dismissive, given their frequent frothings about ableism and 'neurotypical privilege'. Nope, in SJW world, Tchiya's claims must, by SJW orthodoxy, be treated with the utmost seriousness and belief. And any silence on the matter...well, the standard you walk by etc.

But then again, SJWs are highly hypocritical, so in at least that respect they're playing by the book.

katamari Damassi

I can't remember if it was on the A+ forums or in Pharyngula that some Canadian malingerer seriously thought the government should subsidize his weed and video games because his depression made him unable to work. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a poe, but could be wrong.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:We need a pit poll - will the removal of the blogs mentioned up the value of FtB or lower it?
Nuthin from nuthin leaves nuthin.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well, you never know.

tina

Post by tina »

The Steersbot has hit the male menopause and is no longer a man. Sheesh!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Think how much cash she could make if she swapped sides and denounced feminism? Fox news would hire her faster than Atheist Roo could count his black friends.
Yeah, she'd have a lot of options. She could go be fabulous with Milo over on Breitbart.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

a social group for people who identify as Human-Pups or Handlers, or those looking to learn more about the practice. I had been playing fetch and barking to receive belly rubs in private for months, and as many do, I decided to seek out like-minded individuals.
https://vice-images.vice.com/images/gal ... 404427.jpg

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/playing- ... etwitteruk

:bjarte:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

katamari Damassi wrote:

I can't remember if it was on the A+ forums or in Pharyngula that some Canadian malingerer seriously thought the government should subsidize his weed and video games because his depression made him unable to work. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a poe, but could be wrong.
That was Setar from the A+ forum, and yes he was being serious. A simultaneously laughable and detestable little prick.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Setar on A+ IIRC

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Jinx

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Gumby wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

That was Setar from the A+ forum, and yes he was being serious. A simultaneously laughable and detestable little prick.
The exact quote:
first off, why do I keep seeing this crap about all these people who just sit around and "do nothing". um, doing nothing is boring. eventually you're going to have to get up off your ass and do something, even just to go out and eat, or have some fun.

second...

this is ableist as fuck. I sit around every day, sometimes for days at a time, doing "nothing" -- that is, I lock myself in my room unless I need to go out and get stuff, turn on my TV and watch MSNBC or play Skyrim, waste time on here, or just sit smoke pot and listen to music. why? Because I need to fucking recover my mental spoons and thus CAN'T go do anything else. And there are many times where I am at work and am sent into emotional pits that I desperately need to get out of, but can't -- because I'm at work and need to focus on work; taking time off to recover my mental spoons is seen as "lazy".

so fuck you for promoting the stupid work-ethic crap that paints my need to recover spoons as outright wrong. and, maybe, check your thought processes a bit more before asking more questions because you seriously need to re-assess your priorities. namely, you need to unpack what you mean by "doing nothing".

edit: I mean fucking seriously. what is this goddamn objection all about. the insinuation is that for some reason we have to earn the right to survive and be happy. these things are rights. everyone has them. why the fuck are we so wrapped up in this goddamned righteous struggle crap =/
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=150

Also:
Um...I don't think this should even be a concern, because in a socialist society your ability to live doesn't hinge on having a job. That's really a capitalist-society mentality, since everything is a competition. In a socialist society your basic needs are provided for regardless; your contribution is whatever you can do, be it a "Real Job" or something like art or music. Everyone contributes what they can, in whatever way they can; no contribution can be deemed more important than any other and no one should be derided for self-care either.
Sitting around playing Skyrim is not less important than working on a cure for HIV. So there.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=100

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm getting more than a little sick of the projection going on by the bearded taint and his remaining few sycophants.

Because their bullshit accusation is that it's a bunch of mindless Hitch fans who can't stand hearing anything negative said about the guy, rather than people who are perfectly willing to accept truthful criticism of Hitchens, but aren't going to let blatant lies go unchallenged. So when Paul Dumbfuck Myers makes a very unambiguous claim about what someone said at a certain place and time, and someone else trots out the recording to show beyond a doubt that his claim is bogus, Paul Dumbfuck Myers ought to apologize and staple his gob shut before more asinine bullshit tumbles out of it.

But Paul Dumbfuck Myers wouldn't be the dumb fuck that he is if he exercised any restraint on that backed-up septic tank he calls a mouth.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Spike13 wrote:Peez would sell his wife for a bit of gentle tugging. ( ESP. If the tugger was wearing a blue or red fright wig.)
Which raises the critical question: would PZ go for Becky if she were only wearing a red polo shirt?

ps. sorry about the evoked image

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Sunder wrote:I'm getting more than a little sick of the projection going on by the bearded taint and his remaining few sycophants.
Why? The guy is a complete laughing stock now. Is he even being invited to any more speaking gigs? His follower base has dwindled. All the next best popular bloggers on FTB are apparently getting set to abandon ship. Now his is just some crank on the internet.

http://lanyrd.com/profile/pzmyers/

Billie from Ockham

Pitchguest wrote:By the way, I die a little inside whenever I see the conjunction "could of" instead of "could have." English isn't even my first language!

Oh god, the times I wish I could turn my brain off.
How do you feel about past modal verbs being referred to as "conjunctions"? :dance:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I finally saw the new Star Wars, and it was a huge pile of shit. I actually fell asleep at some point.
I left early after I realised I'd spent the last half an hour thinking what I was going to have for dinner. Utter shite.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Spike13 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Day 2 of Peez jumping feet-first into that Hitchens stuff on Twitter. He's trying to win by framing the shit out of it: his opponents are mere fanboys and hero-worshippers, while he's a pitiless truth-seeker. He's been calling out a Bigfoot of the realm...

Hitch... A general supporter of history's losers. Visited just about every hell hole in the planet.
Went into N. Korea under an assumed name to see for himself what it was like. Made enimies of dictators and repressive regimes who made a habit out make ing over inquisitive reporters and other annoyances disappear.
Whose main interest in Iraq was the freedom of the Kurds.( largest ethnic minority without UN representation in the world) In Lebanon, escaped a right spot when he had the balls to deface a campain poster that was festooned with swastikas.
That's just a small sample.

PZ... Poisons zebra fish with round up. Fearlessly criticizes dead men. Thinks Richard Dawkins is a problem for Atheism. Gets triggered by the sound of toilets oweing to all the time the jocks stuck his head in them in high school. Boasts an undefeated debate record on his own blog... Due to his ability to ban at will.

Titan intellect vs. mental midget.
Hitch also had himself waterboarded (i.e. tortured).

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Peez. It's beginning to look like a lot of big kids ganging up on a feeble, retarded kid.

Am I the only one feeling this, or am I being over-empathic?
You're getting soft in your old age, mate. If PZ was drowning I'd chuck him a sackful of bricks.

Billie from Ockham

You guys are raising all the critical questions.
Spike13 wrote:PZ... Poisons zebra fish with round up. Fearlessly criticizes dead men. Thinks Richard Dawkins is a problem for Atheism. Gets triggered by the sound of toilets oweing to all the time the jocks stuck his head in them in high school. Boasts an undefeated debate record on his own blog... Due to his ability to ban at will.
Is PZ's full name Poisoned Zebra-fish Myers?

tina

Post by tina »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I finally saw the new Star Wars, and it was a huge pile of shit. I actually fell asleep at some point.
I left early after I realised I'd spent the last half an hour thinking what I was going to have for dinner. Utter shite.
It was like watching the first Star Wars, only worse. Meh!