Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by feathers »

Skep tickle wrote:Amy gives $$ to Secular Woman and reassures Felicity above that she (ADR) will keep doing so. Important signaling - don't want to lose SW's support!
[...]
All of this activity boosts the # of supporters and the amount of income listed on one's Patreon page - one's "cred", perhaps. Financially, Patreon benefits the most reliably from this (and probably love$ these financially incestuous arrangements). RW would seem to be top of the pecking order - not only does she have the most patrons overall, but her supporter:supportee ratio among the parties listed above is 4:1, whereas Ashley appears to be at the bottom at 3:3.
Financial incest. You just expanded my vocabulary in unexpected, and dubious, ways.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Stout wrote:A+ failed because the plustards created a community so toxic that even they couldn't live in it.

They were never "trolled" they just had lots of normal people who were not SJW enough show interest in the place and the members who were the most fucked up pounced on them. Myers is lying.
How on earth can you troll a forum that gives a neckshot to any poster coming even in the vicinity of trespassing the longest Code of Conduct in the history of the Internet?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

feathers wrote:
The Yeti wrote:PZ is already out with yet another butthurt post. This one is hitching about how his SJW baboon contingent hasn't successfully taken over atheism. He also takes a bunch of shots at Hitchens. Did he even have the balls to challenge Hitch like that when he was still alive?
Archive link: https://archive.is/lMsHv
pzm wrote:Amy Roth makes me sad with her perspective on the history of involvement with skepticism and atheism. How do you destroy a movement? By making enemies of the people who care about it.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.
True hope lies beyond the coast?

Please, be that guy.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

oh, MichaelJ:

Yes, it's Shimmy Kristine!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I came across this description of a SJW utopia.
All legislation that had served to oppress women was swept away. Equal pay was established by law. Marriages could be dissolved at the request of either partner. Children born out of wedlock were given equal rights with the children of married parents. Legal restrictions on abortion were removed. The state provided welfare services for mothers and their children, setting up maternity homes and free nurseries, and women’s departments were established around the country with the aim of bringing women together to play an active role in changing society.
The vibrancy of the new society was reflected in a huge surge of activity in the cultural field. There was a flowering of artistic endeavor in the visual arts, drama, filmmaking, and literature.
It's a description of Bolshevik society by a Trotsky apologist. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.isreview.org/issues/53/trotsky.shtml

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:Lindy West impersonating Donald Trump.

Oh yeah - trigger warning. Incoming wall o' face.

http://imgur.com/uZw3sIn.jpg
Isn't she the fat cunt who's always moaning about people mocking her appearance?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Mark Jan 31 on your calendars. That's when a bunch of ecumenical meatheads will deliberately enter ISIS-controlled Syrian territory to serenade them into peace, plus hopefully not get kidnapped and beheaded.
American folk singer hopes peace concert for ISIS will win over terror group

An Oregon folk singer plans to leave next week to serenade the Islamic State, and he intends to bring the black-clad barbarians a prayerful message of peace -- despite a warning from the State Department that his life could be in danger.

James Twyman, of Portland, Ore., told FoxNews.com he feels a "calling" and believes he can soften the hearts of the Islamist army known for beheading Westerners, throwing gays off of buildings and summarily executing innocent women and children.

“It’s going to be pretty powerful,” Twyman said, referring to his plan to have those attending and others around the world sing and pray for peace at the same time. “When people come
together and focus on something in a positive way…there’s scientific evidence that it can change things for the better.”

Twyman said he will be joined by a large group of Jewish, Muslim and Christian leaders.

“Each one will lead the group in prayer from their religion,” he said. “It’s going to be pretty powerful.”

“No part of Syria should be considered safe from violence,” reads the travel warning on the State Department website. “The potential for hostile acts exists throughout the country, including kidnappings and the use of chemical warfare against civilian populations.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/13 ... group.html

welch

Post by welch »

Sunder wrote:I'd hazard a guess that the last ~5 years of dealing with identity politics nonsense has had a bigger effect on the A/S scene than people just thinking a narrow focus on anti-woo and religion isn't for them. Or at the very least, it's created too much noise to accurately measure the impact of "bigfoot skepticism" via something like conference attendance.

That's a good point.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Lindy West impersonating Donald Trump.

Oh yeah - trigger warning. Incoming wall o' face.

http://imgur.com/uZw3sIn.jpg
Isn't she the fat cunt who's always moaning about people mocking her appearance?
Yeah. And posting vids of herself chowing on "interesting" snacks.

She apparently married a chubby chaser (or a man indifferent to her sexual charms, your choice), so she has license to demolish any buffet she encounters. No restraints. She's getting larger :shock:

http://imgur.com/nzHBQlx.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sunder wrote:And the Tweeter link if any of you want to retwat or however you say it:

You know after reading that piece I feel the need to make a statement.

I don't think PZ is the liar he seems to be.

I think he thinks he is telling the truth and really can't understand how people can disagree with him. I think that is where his rage and hatred comes from. I think there are a lot of people like him.

They are wrong of course but they have this flaw where they create a reality that suits their worldview.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Liars know the truth. Bullshitters don't care.

PZ is a bullshitter. He'll open his gob first and rationalize whatever came out of it later.

You're free to speculate about whether this is better or worse than straight-up lying. I just think he's a sack of shit in human clothes either way.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Bullshit. I came to skepticism as a pre teen because of shit like bigfoot, aliens, and ghost. No one is required to be fucking superman and spend their lives going after phishing schemes. There are billions of people in the world and people are allowed to focus on whatever they fucking want if they can make a living at it.
Funny how an opinion that disagrees with yours is bullshit, and yours is what? carved from gold? If you disagree fine, but if you're going to say the focus on bigfoot and the rest isn't marginalizing organized skepticism and that it's a thriving growing thing, and everything is hunky fucking dory as is, prove it. Show me the vertical climb in TAM attendance numbers, and the skeptic groups that are rolling in fucking dough because everyone is contributing to them. TAM seems to have hit a high water mark in 2011, and two years later, had lost around a third of its attendees. Skepticon isn't doing real well that way either. And donations to the major groups, like JREF have been steadily dropping for years. In fact, I can't find financials for them past 2013, although 2011-2013 show a steady drop, and TAM 2016 may not happen, although it's too early to really say yea or nay on that.

Now, if all you want in the skeptic movement are the people already in it, or who are just like you with regard to "what's really important", fine, that's the path they're now on, and it's...well, I'd not call it "working" but it is a path.

However, if people want the skeptic movement to, you know, grow, then maybe, and this is a wild thought, maybe that movement has to start showing the value of skepticism in people's daily lives. Bigfoot and UFOs don't really factor in to people's lives. Credit card fraud and the like, do, and skepticism is a hugely valuable tool in mitigating that damage. It's a hugely valuable tool in avoiding the con artists that plague people all the goddamned time.

But hey, go on insisting that it should be all about bigfoot. It seems to be working so well.
Really strawmanning here? Fucking lol.

Nowhere did I ever say it had to only be about bigfoot. My point was that bigfoot is a gateway into skepticism. What 13 year old is interested in exposing credit card fraud?

And if you and Amy don't like it go off and create your own shit instead of telling the rest of us what you think we should be doing. Have fun and I wish you success.
Lol.

You completely and totally dismiss even the *possibility* that maybe focusing on exactly one set of things to the nigh-exclusion of all other areas where skepticism can actually benefit people all the time, in their daily lives is not doing organized skepticism nor the people it helps any favors. And while a 13-year-old may not be interested in credit card fraud (although given the number of 13-year-olds with some form of credit/debit card, I'd question that assumption), the damage that can occur when they get suckered into turning over things like Facebook and other social media keys to randos *is* very real to them.

You are so sure that what worked for you will work for everyone else that you can't bear to allow that you are not in fact representative of the entire population. While there are a lot of folks, obviously, who are going to get drawn in by things like bigfoot/ufos/aliens, the relentless focus on those and the refusal to look at other areas that aren't abstract, and mind you, are the subject of a ton of fearmongering on a daily basis, isn't doing the skeptical movement any favors.

Given that your response to even the suggestion of looking at non-traditional areas is about par for the course, the marginalization of skeptic groups is no surprise.

Let's see, what did you actually say in response to me?
Bullshit. I came to skepticism as a pre teen because of shit like bigfoot, aliens, and ghost. No one is required to be fucking superman and spend their lives going after phishing schemes.
Which is funny, because i didn't say they should "go after" phishing schemes, but that such things are an area where skeptical thought can be hugely beneficial and are concrete things that affect them in their daily lives:
There are in fact, real problems for people that are a result of a lack of proper thought process. Phishing and its variants come to mind. However, never suggest to The Skeptics that maybe they should focus on things that cause people problems every day instead of yet another session on "No, Bigfoot and the Chupacabra did not fuck your sister". They do not like that sort of thing.
So someone may be strawmanning, but you may wish to look in the mirror for that person. Also, nice job of being an example of my point that "proper skeptics" do not like any suggestion that bigfoot/ufos/aliens are not the end-all and be-all of skeptical thought. You nailed that one, high five!! I'm also unsure how using things like Phishing/credit card/other forms of fraud as ways to educate people on the value of skeptical thought becomes "going after them". I'm pretty sure I didn't say the skeptical movement should be hunting down fraudsters, but hey, you know what I meant better than I did.

Skepticism as a movement is starting to "preach to the converted". The numbers and problems the various orgs are having show that, and while the SJW wars may, and probably are AN influence, to attribute 100% or even a majority of population/donation problems to the SJW wars is unsupported. It may make one's confirmation bias all snuggly and warm, but it it's unsupported by data.

I tend to point out the phishing kind of thing because it's something that I see everyone being affected by. I also see people who, because of the irrational fearmongering used as some kind of horribly ineffective counter, are now literally afraid to click on anything, because all they know is LINKS ARE BAD. There's almost no attempt to even begin to show people how to look at a link and rationally analyze it to see if it's likely to be crap or not. I do try, but one person against "experts" preaching fear is not going to work. A group like whatever RDF/CFI have become or JREF could do a lot more given their greater influence.

Skepticism isn't the realm of intellectuals patting themselves on the back at exclusive soirees. Well, it kind of has become that, but it shouldn't be. It should be something that everyone, regardless of educational level or background can access, because it is beneficial in all areas of life.

But stay the course, nothing is wrong.

or is it that i didn't automatically dismiss everything Amy says just because she's Amy?

welch

Post by welch »

Ape+lust wrote:When Amy or other baboons talk about "bigfoot" or "chupacabra" skeptics, they usually don't care if someone is actually devoted to those specialties. They're just using derisive terms for skeptics who resist social justice infestation. It's like Peez calling anyone who annoys him an MRA or Slymepitter.
Amy et al may use the term that way, but from the outside, that kind of is what too many people view skeptics as.

It's not that Bigfoot et al aren't valid teaching tools, but that they don't really have much of a concrete place in people's lives these days. (I am of course, excluding the nutters on the extreme end who believe. There's no point in letting extremists determine anything, that way lies failure.) No, I don't think skeptics or atheists need to become "Crusaders for good". But skeptical thought has value in the concrete mundane shit people deal with every day, and yet it's like being more inclusive of those kinds of mundane things is what...lowering oneself to talk to the proles? "They can't even spell ad hominem, whyever would I lower myself to talking to them?"

Well, those idiots vote. And show up at school board meetings. In large numbers. I can think of a great many practical reasons why one might want to at least make a concerted effort, using real-world examples, why blindly believing shit is bad.

Yes, Amy et al abuse the term, but that's true of a lot of valid terms. Rejecting the entire concept just because a small number of assholes misuse it is, in a sense, giving them a lot of power they shouldn't have.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Once again. Go start your Skeptics Against Phishing group and quit telling people what they are allowed to like or do.

http://crustpunks.com/images/diybutton.png

welch

Post by welch »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:If anyone wants to see AtheismPlus's hug apocalypse, I've got the thread they tweezed off the original to quarantine Simpleflower.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/96kt1 ... alypse.zip
Fuck, I never realised how bad it was at Atheism+. It's laughable that Myers thinks they were driven away from A+ by the rest of 'movement atheism'.

They were forced away by the toxic stench of what they created. The natural conclusion of their 'inclusiveness' was including all the looney toons, because they were the only ones crazy enough to listen and believe.

1) that wasn't really the worst of it, but it was one of the more funny bits.

2) Whatever it was they were doing wasn't even in the same realm as "inclusive".

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Dolores Fuller wrote:File under "When Neurology Residents Go Bad." If she had been a black teenage male, she would have had 47 bullets pumped into her instead of being put on administrative leave.
[youtube]Bvq07KBfhnQ[/youtube]
My thoughts:

Cray cray in the vjay.

Q: What's the best thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: Might not be a great blow job but at least it will shut her up for about 5 minutes.

Q: What's the worst thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: You will probably need a new penis.

And if this woman neurologist (yes, fourth year in neurology) need's help with her neurology, I know who not to send her to.
She was drunk. Drunk people do all kinds of weird shit. That's the whole awesome point of being drunk (I should know).

Now, to keep in the spirit of my 100% honest birthday, the video was kind of hot.

That's kind of what I was thinking: she was drunk and allowed her real personality to come through. (Over the years, I've seen that booze only "turns" you into a more blatant version of yourself.) Honestly, the former eBay derp who abused an Uber driver while drunk as shit and is now suing said (former) Uber driver because the driver posted the video of the derp abusing him which lead to, shock, unpleasant effects. Funny how physically assaulting people does that. But alcohol is a funny drug, and ounce for ounce, worse than almost all the others. Maybe not PCP, but it's close.

welch

Post by welch »

JackSkeptic wrote:If I wanted a bunch of highly judgemental, extremely censorious, mentally unstable, racist, sexist and regressive Tumblr crisis addicts with my atheism I would go to Tumblr. Atheism Plus didn't even do atheism, it was completely useless. It was so busy postering and policing thought it had no time for anything else. The vast majority of atheists were not welcome there.

I still find it incredible anyone thought Atheism Plus was a good idea. It was doomed from the start but Carrier guaranteed it's failure.

So it was a great success if it's intent was to provide a steady stream of belly laughs for a few years.

Myers and co trying to rewrite history on this is a symptom of the constant state of cognitive dissonance they must be in. They keep having to lie and lie and lie..never ending lies. But then I have not read one thing Myers has said which is not a strawman, a personal attack, plain wrong or projection. Like Atheism Plus Myers himself is useless and deep down he knows it, which is why he falls over himself to drag better people down.

It's shame as they have the ability to make a mark, even Carrier, but their horrible personalities scupper that.
They want all the benefits but are unwilling to do any of the work. Shocking, right?

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

welch wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:If anyone wants to see AtheismPlus's hug apocalypse, I've got the thread they tweezed off the original to quarantine Simpleflower.

Fuck, I never realised how bad it was at Atheism+. It's laughable that Myers thinks they were driven away from A+ by the rest of 'movement atheism'.

They were forced away by the toxic stench of what they created. The natural conclusion of their 'inclusiveness' was including all the looney toons, because they were the only ones crazy enough to listen and believe.

2) Whatever it was they were doing wasn't even in the same realm as "inclusive".
It was Lord of the Flies, starring loony SJW's, internet forum style.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:No, the others had a meltdown because Simpleflower was stealing virtual hugs not directed to her. When they jumped in her shit, she fought back like a cornered hyena. They had to calve off her section of the thread to protect the poor soul she was stealing (and continued to steal) from.

She was wonderful.
I feel the urge to be linked, if you can find that thread.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

welch wrote:Yes, Amy et al abuse the term, but that's true of a lot of valid terms. Rejecting the entire concept just because a small number of assholes misuse it is, in a sense, giving them a lot of power they shouldn't have.

It's not true at all. People are not rejecting the idea of skepticism past bigfoot. For fuck sake have you ever been to http://www.snopes.com/ or http://whatstheharm.net/? People are rejecting the idea that a person or group has to live up to your standard and branch out from bigfoot to supposedly serve some greater good.

If a group of people want to get to together and only research bigfoot more power to them. They are not stopping you from start your Skeptics Against Phishing group. I wish you success with that.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

welch wrote: 1) that wasn't really the worst of it, but it was one of the more funny bits.

Watch an APlus mod tell a French national to stop posting because their English isn't good enough :shock:

(Their English is fine. Their opinion however, is "wrong")

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... cfd#p26361

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:No, the others had a meltdown because Simpleflower was stealing virtual hugs not directed to her. When they jumped in her shit, she fought back like a cornered hyena. They had to calve off her section of the thread to protect the poor soul she was stealing (and continued to steal) from.

She was wonderful.
I don't know if links exist anymore. I have saved threads, though:

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
Sunder wrote:And the Tweeter link if any of you want to retwat or however you say it:

You know after reading that piece I feel the need to make a statement.

I don't think PZ is the liar he seems to be.

I think he thinks he is telling the truth and really can't understand how people can disagree with him. I think that is where his rage and hatred comes from. I think there are a lot of people like him.

They are wrong of course but they have this flaw where they create a reality that suits their worldview.
Agreed. Lying presumes the liar knows the truth and is deliberately saying things that are not true. PZ et al believe. They've convinced themselves that the things they say are the truth, they are real, and so any who disagree must be liars themselves.

A few years ago, I'd have said that the PZ/Watson lot were grifters and knew what they were doing, and that may still be true for Watson. But the rest? They talk too much like a building full of Pentacostal AGs talking about how Obummer is the antichrist for me to think they're lying in the classic sense.

Were he not such an ass, I'd almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

feathers

Post by feathers »

feathers wrote:

She was wonderful.
Ah, you archived it. Thx.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:Once again. Go start your Skeptics Against Phishing group and quit telling people what they are allowed to like or do.

http://crustpunks.com/images/diybutton.png

Which I didn't say at all. But that is what you seem to be saying.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Watch an APlus mod tell a French national to stop posting because their English isn't good enough :shock:

His word making is better than mine!

welch

Post by welch »

Oglebart wrote:
welch wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:

It was Lord of the Flies, starring loony SJW's, internet forum style.
Yep. Too bad it wasn't livestreamed. Best Reality Show ever.

ffs

Post by ffs »

HunnyBunny wrote:Louise Mensch is on the warpath. Connie St Louis, Cunt of the Year, issued a notapology to Milo Yiannopolous thru an official BBC twitter account. Too much of a cunt to even apologise on her own behalf.
She must really be proud of her 2015 award to be vying for position this early in 2016

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

comhcinc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

His word making is better than mine!
Shit, it seems like every non-native speaker in THIS forum is better at wrangling English than me. It's a little dispiriting :lol:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

JackSkeptic wrote:If I wanted a bunch of highly judgemental, extremely censorious, mentally unstable, racist, sexist and regressive Tumblr crisis addicts with my atheism I would go to Tumblr. Atheism Plus didn't even do atheism, it was completely useless. It was so busy postering and policing thought it had no time for anything else. The vast majority of atheists were not welcome there.

I still find it incredible anyone thought Atheism Plus was a good idea. It was doomed from the start but Carrier guaranteed it's failure.

So it was a great success if it's intent was to provide a steady stream of belly laughs for a few years.

Myers and co trying to rewrite history on this is a symptom of the constant state of cognitive dissonance they must be in. They keep having to lie and lie and lie..never ending lies. But then I have not read one thing Myers has said which is not a strawman, a personal attack, plain wrong or projection. Like Atheism Plus Myers himself is useless and deep down he knows it, which is why he falls over himself to drag better people down.

It's shame as they have the ability to make a mark, even Carrier, but their horrible personalities scupper that.
Carrier leaves his mark everywhere and it's difficult to remove but Peezus could only leave a mark if he hit a hard surface from a great height.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

There was a thread on A+ called "Are the moderating team unfair, capricious and biased?" Maybe not the exact wording used but close, and that was the one I used to read for lulz, it grew into one of the biggest threads there I think, which says an awful lot about the place.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
welch wrote:Yes, Amy et al abuse the term, but that's true of a lot of valid terms. Rejecting the entire concept just because a small number of assholes misuse it is, in a sense, giving them a lot of power they shouldn't have.

It's not true at all. People are not rejecting the idea of skepticism past bigfoot. For fuck sake have you ever been to http://www.snopes.com/ or http://whatstheharm.net/? People are rejecting the idea that a person or group has to live up to your standard and branch out from bigfoot to supposedly serve some greater good.

If a group of people want to get to together and only research bigfoot more power to them. They are not stopping you from start your Skeptics Against Phishing group. I wish you success with that.
Again, you keep talking about what I've said as if I'm demanding that all skeptics only talk about what I want them to. I'm not, nor have i. What I am saying is that the focus of the major skeptic groups on the same set of things year after year after year isn't helping them grow, and they may want to consider expanding the examples they use to show the value of skeptical thought to things that are more concrete and real to people in their daily lives.

Or maybe those groups' time is over, and we should have their funeral and move on. I don't think so, but that may be the case.

Snopes isn't much of a skeptical resource in the sense of showing people how to debunk things themselves. It's a search engine, and a very useful one. But if you aren't inclined to be skeptical, then you're not going to use Snopes, because that's a second or third stage step. You have to already know to question claims to use Snopes or other websites. Just flinging snopes at a claim, while somewhat useful in the instant, isn't going to do much long term, because the normal response of people you do that to is that they just stop talking to you at all. So okay, that's a benefit, but the person you, in theory, want to actually think correctly not only isn't, but is now less likely to.

Skepticism is a process, not a debunking search engine, and as the republican campaign is showing, debunking isn't as effective as people want it to be.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ah, here we go, I was nearly right. The title was Are the moderators here censorious, capricious and biased?

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716

welch

Post by welch »

Shatterface wrote:

Carrier leaves his mark everywhere and it's difficult to remove but Peezus could only leave a mark if he hit a hard surface from a great height.
I understand that among the zebrafish, PZ is known as "The Destroyer of Worlds". So mark made!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oglebart wrote:Ah, here we go, I was nearly right. The title was Are the moderators here censorious, capricious and biased?

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716
95 pages?

Lightweights.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Here's a lovely bit of APlus grandstanding - a marriage of clueless privilege, self-inflicted victimhood, and can't-even GRRRAAAAARR! So typical of that place...
(TW) racist old people.

Postby GaiusIuliusTaberna » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:41 pm

And I do mean racist, as in racist enough for me, after spending 3 hours swimming in what were easily the best beach conditions I have experienced since the age of 5, 3 drinks, and an amazing plate of pasta and meat sauce, to become so physically, psychologically, and emotionally disgusted that I couldn't bring myself to engage in conversation for over an hour, developed a migraine headache, extreme nausea and spontaneously began crying after about 30 minutes or so.

So yeah it fucked me up, a lot, don't continue reading this if you are at all worried about it...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
bar of warning- I might be over reacting but I'm dead serious
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My 90 something step grandmother got into a conversation about Zimmerman and out right called for a race war in which all whites would kill all blacks, she used those terms. I think I actually want her to die now, certainly I can't imagine myself ever visiting that woman again, no matter how much I love everything about the place in which she lives. She essentially killed my fondest childhood memories of swimming and quahogging at the cape by making a statement that has not left my mind since it was made. I think it would have disturbed me less if she strangled a small child to death in front of me.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 126#p88880

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ah, the Atheism Plus forum. Good times, good times.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:Mark Jan 31 on your calendars. That's when a bunch of ecumenical meatheads will deliberately enter ISIS-controlled Syrian territory to serenade them into peace, plus hopefully not get kidnapped and beheaded.
American folk singer hopes peace concert for ISIS will win over terror group

An Oregon folk singer plans to leave next week to serenade the Islamic State, and he intends to bring the black-clad barbarians a prayerful message of peace -- despite a warning from the State Department that his life could be in danger.

James Twyman, of Portland, Ore., told FoxNews.com he feels a "calling" and believes he can soften the hearts of the Islamist army known for beheading Westerners, throwing gays off of buildings and summarily executing innocent women and children.

“It’s going to be pretty powerful,” Twyman said, referring to his plan to have those attending and others around the world sing and pray for peace at the same time. “When people come
together and focus on something in a positive way…there’s scientific evidence that it can change things for the better.”

Twyman said he will be joined by a large group of Jewish, Muslim and Christian leaders.

“Each one will lead the group in prayer from their religion,” he said. “It’s going to be pretty powerful.”

“No part of Syria should be considered safe from violence,” reads the travel warning on the State Department website. “The potential for hostile acts exists throughout the country, including kidnappings and the use of chemical warfare against civilian populations.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/13 ... group.html
[youtube]NqpNQ9AJYgU[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Here the APlussers notice Ophelia's joint accord with Dawkins. Ophelia shows up and gets stomped :lol:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... f0898dbc5d

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"You fucked up. You trusted us."

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:Carrie Poppy Surlyramics photoshoot, May 2010.

http://imgur.com/2bDy2Xa.jpg
Not bad. But it's as with those breathtakingly beautiful-coloured frogs: toxic.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:

I think she has a goblin face.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:

And like most justice warriors, staggeringly self-besotted.

http://i.imgur.com/jjsj6cu.jpg

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Ape+lust wrote:
welch wrote: 1) that wasn't really the worst of it, but it was one of the more funny bits.

The idea behind "Schroedinger's Rapist" is not only stupid, but incredibly dangerous. One of the critical aspects of the cat-in-a-box thought experiment is that it is impossible to predict whether the cat will be alive or dead when you look inside. As an analogy to men being rapists or not, this suggests that there is no way to predict this, either. Add in the idea ... again, taken from the original thought experiment ... that the base probability is 50%, you get the completely irrational idea that 50% of all men are rapists and there's no way for you to tell them apart.

Yes, if the premises were true, then protecting yourself from every man makes sense, as the typical person would be coming face-to-face with dozens of rapists every day. But the premises are ridiculous. And the idea that whether a man is rapists is completely unpredictable is stupid and dangerous.

On the flip-side: Schroedinger was a scientist, so double-plus good.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

welch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Just read that Surly Amy drivel. Truly she is a child; an airheaded spakker made worse by the fact that she's now in her mid-late forties. I mean...look at this. Look at this shit:
I was doing a photoshoot with this woman and she said to me, and I’m paraphrasing here:

[quote snipped to to embed limit]

I heard what she said but at the time I didn’t let it sink in. I couldn’t. I was just so damn excited to finally be part of something. I really thought the skeptic and atheist communities were going to do real good in the world...blah blah
That's - that's a Dear Muslima, right there. Remember how Becky's sycophants whined when Dawkins let rip with pretty much the same idea? That, essentially, there's bigger and worthier things to get all het up about?

Holy fucking shit.

And again - why does Amy and her kind get so worked up about the idea that skeptics spend too much time poring over bigfoot and Chupacabras stories? As Noel Plum pointed out - what do you expect? It's like being shocked by the fact that a group of model railway enthusiasts spend an inordinate amount of time talking about...model trains.

Fucking hell.

And remember, a middle-aged woman wrote this cretinous, lightweight, simpering nonsense. Poor Surly Johnny - I do feel sorry for him. He reminds me of those poor little shivering chihuahuas that you see stuffed into the handbags of gobby bimbos.
I can't completely disagree with pointing out that the amount of time the skeptics spend on shit like bigfoot, aliens, and ghosts is inordinate and worthless. There are in fact, real problems for people that are a result of a lack of proper thought process. Phishing and its variants come to mind. However, never suggest to The Skeptics that maybe they should focus on things that cause people problems every day instead of yet another session on "No, Bigfoot and the Chupacabra did not fuck your sister". They do not like that sort of thing.

Amy is a complete bugfuck-stupid incompetent who should not be in charge of a handful of sand, much less a child, but she does have a point there.
That isn't Amy's point - Amy's point (by way the mysterious photoshoot girl) is the assumption that just because skeptics have a palpable interest in bigfoot etc. that they must automatically ignore bigger problems, and/or assume that these are the only problems that matter. And from that imbecilic assumption, she (again, by way of her pal) concludes that they are terrible people. Look at the paragraph again:
“Skeptics are all awful people because if you think that the biggest problems one faces in life is whether or not there is a bigfoot or if someone thinks they are psychic, you’re actually a huge asshole. There are much bigger problems in society. Ignoring those bigger issues to pick on people who you think you are smarter than makes you a terrible person who is blind to the real problems in the world.”
It's based on an entirely unfounded premise - it's essentially saying that all skeptics consider the problem of fake Bigfoot footage as being intrinsically more important than, say, ISIS. It's utter nonsense. One can still be interested or even concerned about Bigfoot, UFOs and the like, and still reserve a great deal more concern about the real horrors of the world. Likewise, one doesn't have to discard a more narrow field of interest simply because there are more pressing things to be concerned about.

Now, maybe skepticism in general does need to broaden its horizons a bit. But it certainly ain't because of the reasons Amy put forth, by way of her pal, because what she's saying here is that the sphere of human interest is an all-or-nothing game - that if you're interested in the Bigfoot shite, then you can't possibly be all that interested in much else. It's bollocks.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

The idea behind "Schroedinger's Rapist" is not only stupid, but incredibly dangerous. One of the critical aspects of the cat-in-a-box thought experiment is that it is impossible to predict whether the cat will be alive or dead when you look inside. As an analogy to men being rapists or not, this suggests that there is no way to predict this, either. Add in the idea ... again, taken from the original thought experiment ... that the base probability is 50%, you get the completely irrational idea that 50% of all men are rapists and there's no way for you to tell them apart.

Yes, if the premises were true, then protecting yourself from every man makes sense, as the typical person would be coming face-to-face with dozens of rapists every day. But the premises are ridiculous. And the idea that whether a man is rapists is completely unpredictable is stupid and dangerous.

I don't think they much care if the analog is apt. It's science-y, injects a bit of geek cred into their social justice. Or so they think.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kristine wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Have anyone ever talked about bigfoot here?
Go right ahead. I know way too much about the subject.
Seems like the regulars forgot to provide you with the complimentary lynx. Here. With Bigfeet.

https://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpr ... n-lynx.jpg

(If the Atheism+ forums turn to ashes, nobody will know what the proverbial basket of links refers to)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ffs wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Louise Mensch is on the warpath. Connie St Louis, Cunt of the Year, issued a notapology to Milo Yiannopolous thru an official BBC twitter account. Too much of a cunt to even apologise on her own behalf.
She must really be proud of her 2015 award to be vying for position this early in 2016
Classic crybully tactics, right there.

'Milo called for someone to be assassinated, oh yes he did!'

*lie exposed*

'I-I just got stressed...b-because they brough up T-Tim Hunt again...l-like the shitlords they are..waaah...why cun you j-just leave me 'lone?..waaah...sob'

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

http://41.media.tumblr.com/cdf85ef797a8 ... o1_500.png

I also am really attracted to cats but a crippling allergy means I can never truly be happy.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

It's worse than that though as Shroedingers rapist applies to all sexual encounters not just partners so just because a partner didn't rape you the first night doesn't mean he won't rape you the second time. The odds of having any kind of sex life without getting raped are astronomical.

Also remember Shroedinger's though experiment was an attempt to demonstrate the absurdity of applying his equations to objects in the 'classical' world, ie not subatomic systems. It's not meant to be a picture of what's really happening.

feathers

Post by feathers »

This thread is the pansexual mother of the Great Hug Splitoff thread:
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3089
If anyone wants to know how A+ ate itself, that topic has everything to explain it: victim points scoring, check. Yapping about all sorts of handicaps and diseases, check. Moderator intrusion on minimal perceived transgression, check. Pointer to Basket of Links, check.

Once again, A+ had absolutely no need for our trollish help. Absolutely none.

some guy

Post by some guy »

comhcinc wrote:
feathers wrote:

I think she has a goblin face.
Face? Was her face in those photos?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:
ffs wrote:
Classic crybully tactics, right there.

'Milo called for someone to be assassinated, oh yes he did!'

*lie exposed*

'I-I just got stressed...b-because they brough up T-Tim Hunt again...l-like the shitlords they are..waaah...why cun you j-just leave me 'lone?..waaah...sob'
When people are stressed they stumble over their words, they don't invent shit out of thin air. I hope he sues the lying cunt.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

comhcinc wrote:http://41.media.tumblr.com/cdf85ef797a8 ... o1_500.png

I also am really attracted to cats but a crippling allergy means I can never truly be happy.
Did you find that on Latsot's Tumblr?

feathers

Post by feathers »

That was a joker or a troll, right? Right? Please?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

GodlessSpellchecker gets back to Peez about his latest Hitchens hatchet job: http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/01/pz ... ll-a-liar/

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:

This is real life, not just fantasy. Accept the landslide there is no escaping reality.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

As of today, I am officially transitioning into Professor Farnsworth.

http://i.imgur.com/2ingixo.jpg?1

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:
feathers wrote:

This is real life, not just fantasy. Accept the landslide there is no escaping reality.
Let me go!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Eskarina wrote:

As of today, I am officially transitioning into Professor Farnsworth.

http://i.imgur.com/2ingixo.jpg?1
'Fictionkin' are members of the otherkin community, who identify as something that is considered fictional, typically a fictional character(s), though that character may not always be directly mentioned in the canon of their source material. (Ex. An OC, a background character, occasionally even a glitch.)
http://otherkin.wikia.com/wiki/Fictionkin