Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
MacGruberKnows

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:How the fuck are you people double post so long apart from each other one? Quit being special.
Quit "double post" shaming me.

I need hugs people. Hugs. Hugs!! HUGS!!! Now!!!!

Too late. I just want to self-delete myself. I can't.. even ... <sob> .. <ragequit.> <Goodbye world>

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:How the fuck are you people double post so long apart from each other one? Quit being special.

Too late. I just want to self-delete myself. I can't.. even ... <sob> .. <ragequit.> <Goodbye world>

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I think you broke my phone with that.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:I think you broke my phone with that.

I'm pretty impressed myself.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

comhcinc wrote:I'm not giving any you asshole hugs. A reach around maybe but no hugs!
You talk the talk, but we're still waiting for hot dogs and moobs. :snooty:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Dolores Fuller wrote:File under "When Neurology Residents Go Bad." If she had been a black teenage male, she would have had 47 bullets pumped into her instead of being put on administrative leave.
[youtube]Bvq07KBfhnQ[/youtube]
My thoughts:

Cray cray in the vjay.

Q: What's the best thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: Might not be a great blow job but at least it will shut her up for about 5 minutes.

Q: What's the worst thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: You will probably need a new penis.

And if this woman neurologist (yes, fourth year in neurology) need's help with her neurology, I know who not to send her to.
I don't know if that woman has borderline personality disorder but her behavior in the clip is typical of bpd.
If the guy being attacked was her boyfriend or husband I'd say it was definite since its against their partners or children usually where the bpd directs their rage rather than someone they don't know.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Tonight I am going to "hug myself" to sleep.

[youtube]wv-34w8kGPM[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:Just read that Surly Amy drivel. Truly she is a child; an airheaded spakker made worse by the fact that she's now in her mid-late forties. I mean...look at this. Look at this shit:
I was doing a photoshoot with this woman and she said to me, and I’m paraphrasing here:
“Skeptics are all awful people because if you think that the biggest problems one faces in life is whether or not there is a bigfoot or if someone thinks they are psychic, you’re actually a huge asshole. There are much bigger problems in society. Ignoring those bigger issues to pick on people who you think you are smarter than makes you a terrible person who is blind to the real problems in the world.”
I heard what she said but at the time I didn’t let it sink in. I couldn’t. I was just so damn excited to finally be part of something. I really thought the skeptic and atheist communities were going to do real good in the world...blah blah
That's - that's a Dear Muslima, right there. Remember how Becky's sycophants whined when Dawkins let rip with pretty much the same idea? That, essentially, there's bigger and worthier things to get all het up about?

Holy fucking shit.

And again - why does Amy and her kind get so worked up about the idea that skeptics spend too much time poring over bigfoot and Chupacabras stories? As Noel Plum pointed out - what do you expect? It's like being shocked by the fact that a group of model railway enthusiasts spend an inordinate amount of time talking about...model trains.

Fucking hell.

And remember, a middle-aged woman wrote this cretinous, lightweight, simpering nonsense. Poor Surly Johnny - I do feel sorry for him. He reminds me of those poor little shivering chihuahuas that you see stuffed into the handbags of gobby bimbos.
I suppose she'll stop flogging sceptic biscuit necklaces on Etsy now then? Thought not. The greedy cunt.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Regarding the demise of AtheismPlus, we, unfortunately, cannot take the plaudits.
It's death came from two sources.
First, obviously, from the logical application of SJW ideology and their need for purity. I think it was Mykeru who summed it up nicely by saying that the Atheism Plus forum was like a Masada for douchebags. Their need for self righteous indignation ond constantly being offended led to a competitive outrage and the denouncing and banning other members until nobody remained.

The second reason is Richard Carrier.
In probably his one positive contribution to the atheist movement, Carrier managed to turn the Atheism Plus cause into an us-or-them ultimatum and do it in such a fuckwitted and vicious way (intellectual artillery, CHUDs etc) that all sensible atheists immediately decided that whatever group Carrier was for was clearly the one to avoid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S4RnXucHAFo/U ... +stock.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Regarding the demise of AtheismPlus, we, unfortunately, cannot take the plaudits.
First, obviously, from the logical application of SJW ideology and their need for purity. I think it was Mykeru who summed it up nicely by saying that the Atheism Plus forum was like a Masada for douchebags. Their need for self righteous indignation ond constantly being offended led to a competitive outrage and the denouncing and banning other members until nobody remained.

The second reason is Richard Carrier.
In probably his one positive contribution to the atheist movement, Carrier managed to turn the Atheism Plus cause into an us-or-them ultimatum and do it in such a fuckwitted and vicious way (intellectual artillery, CHUDs etc) that all sensible atheists immediately decided that whatever group Carrier was for was clearly the one to avoid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S4RnXucHAFo/U ... +stock.jpg
IOW's Carrier came and went.

To bastardize Shakespeare, or quote John Belushi almost exactly:

When will such another come?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Ape+lust wrote:If anyone wants to see AtheismPlus's hug apocalypse, I've got the thread they tweezed off the original to quarantine Simpleflower.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/96kt1 ... alypse.zip
Fuck, I never realised how bad it was at Atheism+. It's laughable that Myers thinks they were driven away from A+ by the rest of 'movement atheism'.

They were forced away by the toxic stench of what they created. The natural conclusion of their 'inclusiveness' was including all the looney toons, because they were the only ones crazy enough to listen and believe.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:If anyone wants to see AtheismPlus's hug apocalypse, I've got the thread they tweezed off the original to quarantine Simpleflower.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/96kt1 ... alypse.zip
Fuck, I never realised how bad it was at Atheism+. It's laughable that Myers thinks they were driven away from A+ by the rest of 'movement atheism'.

They were forced away by the toxic stench of what they created. The natural conclusion of their 'inclusiveness' was including all the looney toons, because they were the only ones crazy enough to listen and believe.
When TF tweeted to Carrier what a failure A+ was, Carrier actually tweeted TF that A+ was a success because it had met all of it's goals.

I guess he was including own-goals.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:Thanks. So I'm now more convinced that what's in this video is what led to "Dear Muslima."
That's what Jean Kazez thought too. She was mostly ignored.

http://kazez.blogspot.com/2011/07/eleva ... wires.html
Wow. I could have written that blog entry. Thanks for the link.
Jean and Billie.

The momentum is building for my post birthday slap-fight with Phil over the (self-evident) personal mocking directed Watson's way by the big kahuna. Mocking which he designed to equally benefit any other blue haired harpy joining the choir.

Satan

Post by Satan »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Even the admins at the crazyplace seem to know that there were a lot of crazypeople at the crazyplace making it look like a (trigger warning: ableism alert level 5 ahead) fucking insane asylum.
I've met people who were hospitalized with serious mental illnesses (bipolar, schizophrenia, etc) and they were both more grounded and far more pleasant than the worst of the A+ horde.

Plussers are more like the population in secure hospital/prisons for the criminally insane: vicious and decoupled from reality.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I will be interested in whether Watson brings the whole Dawkin's thing up on Patreon.

She seems to have been careful (with one notable exception) to make the public facing cash-cow as vanilla as possible with regards the schism. Forge a clean new life etc.

I suspect however the chance to blow RD a raspberry may prove too much.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

comhcinc wrote:
Kristine wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Have anyone ever talked about bigfoot here?
Go right ahead. I know way too much about the subject.

Did you know that Bigfoot is Gay and has been in a long term relationship with the 6 million dollar man?

Also welcome and fuck off.
You better be nice to Kristine! She's a dear, dear friend of mine.

Hi Kristine, fuck off!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Satan wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:Even the admins at the crazyplace seem to know that there were a lot of crazypeople at the crazyplace making it look like a (trigger warning: ableism alert level 5 ahead) fucking insane asylum.
I've met people who were hospitalized with serious mental illnesses (bipolar, schizophrenia, etc) and they were both more grounded and far more pleasant than the worst of the A+ horde.

Plussers are more like the population in secure hospital/prisons for the criminally insane: vicious and decoupled from reality.
Indeed. Apropos of which, a portion of a post from Brendan O'Neill who may well have had A+ in mind while he was writing it:
The violence of the Safe Space
On 23 January I took part in a debate about free speech on campus at the University of California Irvine. These were my opening remarks.

The most striking thing about Safe Spaces on campus is how unsafe they are. How hostile and even violent they are towards anyone who has unpopular views, or who simply believes people should have the right to express unpopular views.

Safe Spaces are spreading across campuses in the US and the UK. They’re presented as happy-clappy therapeutic zones in which students, especially minority students, should not be subjected to gruff words or prejudicial ideas.

As one student union in Britain puts it, they’re spaces in which students must be “free from intimidation or judgement” and should always “feel comfortable”. These spaces are justified in inoffensive, Oprah-like language: it’s all about providing a space in which people can be themselves without fear of ridicule.

But in practice, Safe Spaces are ugly, authoritarian places. They’re propped up by menace. They’re fortified by a simmering threat of force against any transgressors of the new cult of psychic safety and moral conformism. ....
And, somewhat apropos of your signature, seems some "feminists" are getting their knickers in a twist over Oxford Dictionaries using "rabid feminist" as an example:

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Regarding the demise of AtheismPlus, we, unfortunately, cannot take the plaudits.
Don't forget Ceepolk! In a strong field of power-crazed moderators I think she was the most out-there. Epic stuff at times over there.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The real problem faced by FtB and Skepchick and their combined butthurt over the Dawkins/CFI merger is that they're still convinced that they're progressive, not the regressives they've actually become. If you stand still, or move backwards, the world passes you by.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Btw in a creepy piece of wrongness Dawkins followup comment at #104 ......
He spoke some words to her. Just words. She no doubt replied with words. That was that. Words. Only words, and apparently quite polite words at that.
was in response to a challenge by .....

Ogvorbis.

:hankey:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I remember reading that thread in real time.
I updated it at one point to see that Dawkins had left that comment and I immediately knew it was going to cause a shitstorm.
Watson has always used mockery as a way of argument against opponents but if it's done to her she goes completely apeshit and I knew she would freak out when she saw this.

Of course, it was Myers and Benson taking Watson's side that really provided the fuel to get the fire burning.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/2011/nominalism/
http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... vator-and/

Ophelia hesitates about swallowing the SJW identity politics pill.

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/2011/hows-it-going/

Try to guess which misogynist made the following comment (the sort that would, years later, result in an immediate ban from Butterflies and Wheels)
It looks to me as if a lot of people are forgetting exactly what Dawkins did – he made a handful of short comments on a blog. Is this seriously so newsworthy that it merits whole podcasts and interviews? What next, Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, The Daily Show? We’re talking about three comments on a fucking blog.

It’s trivial. Ok? Trivial. I say that in cold blood, as one who writes a blog herself. Nothing I write at my place is worth Serious Media Attention, and neither is anything anyone else says there. The same goes for PZ’s blog, except for the fact that he has so many readers that his does kind of count in some way. But not this way (and I think he’d agree with me).

I still think what Dawkins said was too brusque and also mostly wrong – but I also think it was insignificant in the great scheme of things.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Rebecca has a Dawkins hypno-animation in her Twitter timeline that looks something like this:

http://imgur.com/QMxlnCW.jpg

It's pretty funny.

So, in the spirit of fair play, I think Her Potatoship deserves one of her own:

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Jan Steen wrote:Sulky Amy on the origin of The Rift in the a/s movement.
Then Richard Dawkins made fun of Rebecca in the comment section of another blog. Literally within moments of that happening all of the women on Skepchick who were active writers at the time (most of them long gone now) became targets of an online hate campaign. It literally happened so fast that I didn’t have time to process it. One day I was a Dawkins and SGU fan who was dedicated to making the world better by encouraging more people to get involved with organized skepticism, atheism and critical thinking and then the next day I was told I was part of a clique of radical feminists who should be raped and killed.
Oh dear. Another lying airhead who doesn't know what the word 'literally' means. Then she tells us how she discovered that she had always been a feminist without knowing it.
I learned about bigotry. I learned about privilege. (...) Things like poverty and lack of healthcare could become game changers in the skeptic communities. These issues were so closely linked to the vaccine work we had started that I’m surprised the connection wasn’t made sooner. But anytime anyone would bring up one of these issues it was met by the skeptic and atheist community with violent or dismissive rhetoric.

The only issues that were acceptable, were issues that rich white men could joke about over an expensive scotch. Wage gaps, gun control, healthcare for women, the school to prison pipeline or police violence in black communities were not something that skeptics could be bothered with. Theirs is a game of Bigfoot and blaming religion which comfortably allows them to slip back into making fun of people they think they are smarter than. Skepticism is for white men.
No, Amy, please pay attention; skepticism is for actual skeptics: people who are not satisfied with "The Patriarchy did it", "Shut up and listen", "Check your privilege", "X is a social construct", "white men are evil", and thought-terminating clichés in general. If you want to be part of the a/s movement, you should "examine" your feminist/po-mo dogmas first. Then come back. Or don't.

http://skepchick.org/2016/01/assholes-and-heads/
"I met a woman about 5 years ago who was working for a skeptic organization doing PR."

$5 says that is Carrie Poppy she is talking about btw.
They were pals then as now.
Timeline off a bit as Carrie was not yet with JREF 5 years ago (Although Carrie was Friends with DJ Grothe before she started working for JREF).
But she did stuff with LA based skeptic groups.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I think Dawkins instinctively says what he thinks, damn the consequences, which makes him like the fucking sphinx to these people, whose every moment in life is saturated by political calculation. Dawkins was raised in an environment where people do that, and then hash out the ramifications later. It's natural to him; it's abhorrent to them. For them, once wrong, ever wrong, forever and ever. They come from a punitive intellectual culture of first condemnation. I can't help thinking it's almost religious in fanaticism. They are definitely different intellectual traditions. That's why the twain shall never meet.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I think PZ's use of Regressive show how butt hurt was about being call regressive-left. He always thought he was being edgy but he's aware that most people see he belongs to a bunch of Authoritarian twits.

Also FTB got quite a boost from GSpellchecker and Thunderfoot. I think he is trolling for more hits

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Kristine wrote:
Go right ahead. I know way too much about the subject.

Did you know that Bigfoot is Gay and has been in a long term relationship with the 6 million dollar man?

Also welcome and fuck off.
You better be nice to Kristine! She's a dear, dear friend of mine.

Hi Kristine, fuck off!
Ohh that Kristine :dance: :dance: Shimmy Shimmy

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Case in point, Watson's every missive about Dawkins includes some crude reference. Lately it's been "polishing his knob," but readers will remember scatological references to expelling things out his rear, and others. This is not the language of someone who ever intends any type of reconciliation. It's that language of a fanatic, bent on permanent hatred.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The Yeti wrote:PZ is already out with yet another butthurt post. This one is hitching about how his SJW baboon contingent hasn't successfully taken over atheism. He also takes a bunch of shots at Hitchens. Did he even have the balls to challenge Hitch like that when he was still alive?
Archive link: https://archive.is/lMsHv
pzm wrote:Amy Roth makes me sad with her perspective on the history of involvement with skepticism and atheism. How do you destroy a movement? By making enemies of the people who care about it.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

windy wrote:I need feminism because I've been brainwashed to believe that hetero sex normally involves PIV:

http://feministing.com/2016/01/19/what- ... en-asleep/
Who are you? You’re a decent guy. You’re solid. I do not feel like you are going to rape me. (Yay! Let’s throw a party!)

No, you’re not a bad guy. The sex wasn’t particularly bad, either. And I know bad sex. I know sex that tastes like coercion and I know sex that tastes like endings and I know sex that tastes like hand sanitizer, which is a bad thing to put on your hands before you finger someone.

No, friend, it was not bad sex. It was normal sex. Normal, boring, vaguely dehumanizing hetero sex.

Which is precisely the point: The normalcy.

Believe me: I enjoy having someone mortar-and-pestle me for a few minutes as much as the next ornery bisexual. But friend, I feel that you can do better. I feel that we all can do better. Because there was something in the choreography of the whole thing that just struck me as, I don’t know — unsatisfying in a way only feminism can remedy.

Yup, I’m talking about the orgasm deficit.

Before we talk about orgasm, let’s talk about sex. What is sex?

Here, supposedly, is what you consider sex: We make out, you play with my boobs, I blow you, you do not go down on me even though I ask [*insert some bullshit on how “I only go down on women I’m in love with. Now put it in your mouth.”]. Penis goes in vagina, penis moves in and out of vagina, penis causes air to enter vagina and makes a lot of funny farting sounds, someone actually farts and pretends it is a funny vagina farting sound but it was totally a real fart, penis ejaculates.

You roll off of me, get up, take the condom off/pee/do whatever it is people with penises do in the bathroom immediately after they’ve come (world’s great, great mysteries), put your pants on, come back into bed, and fall asleep. Sex is now over. Sex is now over because you have decided it is over. You have decided sex is over because you are a man, and because this choreography that favors men with penises — man becomes erect, man penetrates woman, man ejaculates — is what we have been told sex is.

Because we’re brainwashed.
She has had crap sex with a man therefore All Sex With Men Is Like That. And she can't possibly play any part in making it better, because modern feminism means all women must be agency-free snowflakes whose entire passage through life is gifted to them on a plate with bunnies and marshmallows.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Tigzy wrote:A+ never needed to be trolled. It was a self-generating lolcow. Jesus, the yuk-yuks you used to get from that place. Anyone remember Simpleflower? S/he of the 'lets make a social justice paradise in Chernobyl!' fame and huggate - which had the rare distinction of actually making Justicar look like enjoyable company in that vid he did where he could do nothing but crack up about it.
Simpleflower the cannibal. We won the lottery with that one.

http://imgur.com/nxPOsAl.jpg
Is that the one who had the meltdown/temper tantrum over people not giving her virtual hugs? That was even better than the newcomer who was told by an administrator that he was being 'intellectual ableist" for saying he was glad to be on a site with so many smart people.
The funny part was that the mods noticed that the regulars wanted to dogpile someone, and it seemed a bit unjust, event to them, to do this in the sacrosanct 'help and support' section, they simply just moved the entire thread to a different section so everyone could continue with social justice consciences intact.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HoneyWagon wrote:"I met a woman about 5 years ago who was working for a skeptic organization doing PR."

Timeline off a bit as Carrie was not yet with JREF 5 years ago (Although Carrie was Friends with DJ Grothe before she started working for JREF).
Carrie Poppy Surlyramics photoshoot, May 2010.

http://imgur.com/2bDy2Xa.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sunder wrote:I'd hazard a guess that the last ~5 years of dealing with identity politics nonsense has had a bigger effect on the A/S scene than people just thinking a narrow focus on anti-woo and religion isn't for them. Or at the very least, it's created too much noise to accurately measure the impact of "bigfoot skepticism" via something like conference attendance.
I remember a time when I actually cared about the rise of religion in US education. Now, I don't give a shit anymore. Too much lulz to be had with identity politics. Talk about a movement shooting itself in the foot.

I do sometimes miss the good old days of bashing creotards. It was an age of no one giving a fuck about your race, gender, pronouns, favorite car, etc...

Bliss.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Really? wrote:Feminists drive away real men? THen how did Lindy West marry this combination of John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Shaft?

http://assets.feministing.com/wp-conten ... /West.jpeg
Laugh all you want, but I think that Lindy West looks like Divine.
Didn't I read somewhere that West's husband is gay?

This photo is not inconsistent with that hypothesis.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HoneyWagon wrote:"I met a woman about 5 years ago who was working for a skeptic organization doing PR."

Daft Amy might be calling PETA a skeptic organization. Poppy was doing national PR for them. Well, she called it PR, but with PETA it's more about provoking controversy than seeking good press. There's no bottom to how low they'll go for attention. It's probably excellent training for someone who'd later aspire to be a behind the scenes shit-stirrer.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Dolores Fuller wrote:File under "When Neurology Residents Go Bad." If she had been a black teenage male, she would have had 47 bullets pumped into her instead of being put on administrative leave.
[youtube]Bvq07KBfhnQ[/youtube]
My thoughts:

Cray cray in the vjay.

Q: What's the best thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: Might not be a great blow job but at least it will shut her up for about 5 minutes.

Q: What's the worst thing about a blow job from this woman?
A: You will probably need a new penis.

And if this woman neurologist (yes, fourth year in neurology) need's help with her neurology, I know who not to send her to.
She was drunk. Drunk people do all kinds of weird shit. That's the whole awesome point of being drunk (I should know).

Now, to keep in the spirit of my 100% honest birthday, the video was kind of hot.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Really? wrote:Feminists drive away real men? THen how did Lindy West marry this combination of John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Shaft?

http://assets.feministing.com/wp-conten ... /West.jpeg
Laugh all you want, but I think that Lindy West looks like Divine.
Didn't I read somewhere that West's husband is gay?

This photo is not inconsistent with that hypothesis.
Call me Ismael, but isn't that a typo in his name on the banner?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lindy West impersonating Donald Trump.

Oh yeah - trigger warning. Incoming wall o' face.

http://imgur.com/uZw3sIn.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://assets.feministing.com/wp-conten ... /West.jpeg

She probably wouldn't know. She never uses his name. It's always "my husband" this, "my husband" that.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

If I wanted a bunch of highly judgemental, extremely censorious, mentally unstable, racist, sexist and regressive Tumblr crisis addicts with my atheism I would go to Tumblr. Atheism Plus didn't even do atheism, it was completely useless. It was so busy postering and policing thought it had no time for anything else. The vast majority of atheists were not welcome there.

I still find it incredible anyone thought Atheism Plus was a good idea. It was doomed from the start but Carrier guaranteed it's failure.

So it was a great success if it's intent was to provide a steady stream of belly laughs for a few years.

Myers and co trying to rewrite history on this is a symptom of the constant state of cognitive dissonance they must be in. They keep having to lie and lie and lie..never ending lies. But then I have not read one thing Myers has said which is not a strawman, a personal attack, plain wrong or projection. Like Atheism Plus Myers himself is useless and deep down he knows it, which is why he falls over himself to drag better people down.

It's shame as they have the ability to make a mark, even Carrier, but their horrible personalities scupper that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HoneyWagon wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Sulky Amy on the origin of The Rift in the a/s movement.
Then Richard Dawkins made fun of Rebecca in the comment section of another blog. Literally within moments of that happening all of the women on Skepchick who were active writers at the time (most of them long gone now) became targets of an online hate campaign. It literally happened so fast that I didn’t have time to process it. One day I was a Dawkins and SGU fan who was dedicated to making the world better by encouraging more people to get involved with organized skepticism, atheism and critical thinking and then the next day I was told I was part of a clique of radical feminists who should be raped and killed.
Oh dear. Another lying airhead who doesn't know what the word 'literally' means. Then she tells us how she discovered that she had always been a feminist without knowing it.
I learned about bigotry. I learned about privilege. (...) Things like poverty and lack of healthcare could become game changers in the skeptic communities. These issues were so closely linked to the vaccine work we had started that I’m surprised the connection wasn’t made sooner. But anytime anyone would bring up one of these issues it was met by the skeptic and atheist community with violent or dismissive rhetoric.

The only issues that were acceptable, were issues that rich white men could joke about over an expensive scotch. Wage gaps, gun control, healthcare for women, the school to prison pipeline or police violence in black communities were not something that skeptics could be bothered with. Theirs is a game of Bigfoot and blaming religion which comfortably allows them to slip back into making fun of people they think they are smarter than. Skepticism is for white men.
No, Amy, please pay attention; skepticism is for actual skeptics: people who are not satisfied with "The Patriarchy did it", "Shut up and listen", "Check your privilege", "X is a social construct", "white men are evil", and thought-terminating clichés in general. If you want to be part of the a/s movement, you should "examine" your feminist/po-mo dogmas first. Then come back. Or don't.

http://skepchick.org/2016/01/assholes-and-heads/
"I met a woman about 5 years ago who was working for a skeptic organization doing PR."

:bjarte:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:Myers sees the world through rape-coloured glasses. When he closes his eyes he sees rape. At night his sticky sheets cling to him as he dreams of rape. He can't be alone with s female student because the idea of a man and a woman together leads inevitably to rape. He's one sick, sick fuck.
No, it leads to rape allegations which should be believed because some obscure statistic, somewhere, once said that false rape allegations are vanishingly rare.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Michael J wrote:I think PZ's use of Regressive show how butt hurt was about being call regressive-left. He always thought he was being edgy but he's aware that most people see he belongs to a bunch of Authoritarian twits.

Also FTB got quite a boost from GSpellchecker and Thunderfoot. I think he is trolling for more hits
Speaking of Mr. Spellchecker, here's a new thing:

http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/01/pz ... ll-a-liar/

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Spike13 wrote:The Academy has announced that by 2020 they will double the number of female and minority members. ( and will add three seats immediately)

Not for nothing but, Hollywood is the most liberal place on earth. To suggest that the academy suffers from racism is fairly laughable.

As we all know there is no mollifying the SJW's

Be prepared for block buster sized pandering in the future.

The Academy will henceforth dispense honors whether they are deserved or not.
The behaviour of a few pampered black millionaires in Hollywood is every bit as babyish and illogical as the recent student protests over poo on the wall. These cunts are effectively saying that nomimations should be based on skin colour not merit, that we shouldn't take a colourblind view of the world when evaluating people's contribution, and that we should always reduce people to pawns in a wider sociopolitical struggle. With the implication that if you argue with this grotesque proposition (while having the temerity to be white) you are racist.

To which I say, fuck off, fuck off and thrice fuck off.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

And the Tweeter link if any of you want to retwat or however you say it:

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:The thing that upsets me is how nonchalant they are about rape. It never really raises to the level of being forced to have sex with someone yet for some of them they use the term to rape to mean a person looking at them that they don't like.
Indeed, the feminist movement has overused and extended 'rape' beyond the limits of its flexibility, so it has lost its power as one of the most serious crimes the law recognises.

"Mom, I've been raped on the way from school."
"Sure dear, did you pick up dad's suit from the cleaner's like I asked you?"

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Ape+lust wrote:

Daft Amy might be calling PETA a skeptic organization. Poppy was doing national PR for them. Well, she called it PR, but with PETA it's more about provoking controversy than seeking good press. There's no bottom to how low they'll go for attention. It's probably excellent training for someone who'd later aspire to be a behind the scenes shit-stirrer.
Yeah, she used to work for PETA, but I would be surprised if Amy meant that. While Amy is Vegan now, she wasn't 5 years ago.
Carrie was hired by JREF formally in June 2012. She quit not long after the Women in Secularism Conference in late 2012...the conference full of people calling her boss a misogynist.
https://archive.is/IhdWm
There is no way she would have gone there if she hadn't already decided to leave the JREF. Her boyfriend Brian Thompson still worked at JREF for months after that though. But I am sure he never grabbed any info off the computers or anything.

In case you forgot who Brian is:
http://madartlab.com/files/2012/09/6215 ... 721_o1.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:

Carrie Poppy's elevator-centric peta PR was legendary. Even if she doesn't know how to wear suspenders.

http://i.imgur.com/Una52t0.jpg

I've always seen Amy as a broken dolly desperately seeking acceptance and affirmation. She will parrot whatever nonsense is necessary to buy friendship. She would have been just as comfortable sporting a Totenkopf surly if it would 've got her into the Hofbräuhaus where everyone knows your name.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:I've always seen Amy as a broken dolly desperately seeking acceptance and affirmation. She will parrot whatever nonsense is necessary to buy friendship. She would have been just as comfortable sporting a Totenkopf surly if it would 've got her into the Hofbräuhaus where everyone knows your name.
Yeah, she's nothing if not loyal. When she's shaking her fist at someone, she's mad because Rebecca is mad.

And being the one with the work ethic, she's probably the best thing to happen to Rebecca. She prepares for events in advance, sets up and tears down the booths, and minds the store while her buddy is off getting hammered. If Scientologists kidnapped Amy, Rebecca would take a hit in the wallet.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HoneyWagon wrote:Yeah, she used to work for PETA, but I would be surprised if Amy meant that. While Amy is Vegan now, she wasn't 5 years ago.
Carrie was hired by JREF formally in June 2012. She quit not long after the Women in Secularism Conference in late 2012...the conference full of people calling her boss a misogynist.
https://archive.is/IhdWm
There is no way she would have gone there if she hadn't already decided to leave the JREF. Her boyfriend Brian Thompson still worked at JREF for months after that though. But I am sure he never grabbed any info off the computers or anything.

In case you forgot who Brian is:
http://madartlab.com/files/2012/09/6215 ... 721_o1.jpg
Thompson is kind of Andy Kaufman strange. He made dozens of episodes of a one-joke web series called Celebs. All the same, all deliberately cringeworthy, week after week.

Occasionally, Carrie would show in the comments to say something like "Cumberbatch. More like, Cum in Snatch, amirite?"

[youtube]h-5YPnNODWY[/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Secular Woman politely but firmly bitch-slaps Surly's ZOG conspiracy theory about the "heads" masonic moot.

And Amy indicates she gets paid actual money from the org for mangles english yet again.

http://i.imgur.com/gCM4qBn.jpg
"As a board member of Secular Woman, I do want to mention that our leadership attended Heads this year"
Is this code for 'giving head'?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Poor Jamila Bey.

Still on the FtB roll.
Still in PZ's sights.

And lumped in with the rapists, killers and exploiters of FGM.
We have an atheism that sees science-denying, anti-government radically conservative organizations as fertile recruiting grounds.
I though PZ's atheism was intersectional, or it would be bullshit?

Bullshit it is then.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:http://assets.feministing.com/wp-conten ... /West.jpeg

She probably wouldn't know. She never uses his name. It's always "my husband" this, "my husband" that.
Thar she blows!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Louise Mensch is on the warpath. Connie St Louis, Cunt of the Year, issued a notapology to Milo Yiannopolous thru an official BBC twitter account. Too much of a cunt to even apologise on her own behalf.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

GREAT IDEA!

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbsup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

This comment by rorschach shows what kind of people we are up against.
rorschach

24 January 2016 at 6:18 am

SC @ 53,
Another way of putting this, of course, is that atheism/skepticism during the past few centuries has had some success as a movement in part (not entirely) because it’s, net, been useful to the forces of capitalism, imperialism and white male supremacy. At a basic level, atheism/skepticism is and remains (potentially) subversive, but as a human movement it can be, and has in large part been, coopted and used. To this extent, it’s been a non-threat, and even a support and partner, to Christianity.
Rings true.
I’m rereading Marx, Trotzki and Engels these days and I’m just like “yes of course” all the time.

These atheists who deny social equality, equal wages, who are not at all concerned with social matters and for whom gnawing at female ankles at conventions does not constitute a noteworthy offence, might as well be voting for the Abbotts/Reagans/Blairs of this world. They may be voting for them already, for all I know.
This guy reads with approval the works of people who are directly (Trotski) or indirectly (Marx, Engels) responsible for communist atrocities, then proceeds with a gigantic straw man (which atheists are against social equality and equal wages?), and finally makes the baseless assumption that if you are not on his side (the side of proven mass murderers like Trotski et al.), then you might as well be voting for the Blairs/Reagans of this word. Nice example of the fallacy of the excluded middle.

But thanks for suggesting that "Social Justice" is just a new label for Marxism/Communism. If people like rorschach had their way, the Slymepitters would all end up in the gulags of the SJWs. :lol:

(And that quote from SC is just too stupid to warrant a detailed rebuttal. Atheism/skepticism is a support and partner to Christianity. Yeah, right. Sure it is.)

https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... /#comments

feathers

Post by feathers »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I remember reading some article a while back that featured Amy Roth and her exhibition of misogyny room at the Hollywood CFI building.
The article attracted my attention for two reasons, first it showed a picture of Amy with some examples of the horrid abuse she and her fellow Skepchicks had to suffer - one of which, apparently, was a photoshop I had made a couple of years previously.
(I won't say which picture it was but it wasn't originally posted on the slymepit) The other thing that I noticed was that she had cropped the picture such that she cut out almost half the targets of the joke. Specifically she had cropped it so that two men were removed, leaving several women in frame. It was a blatant attempt to portray the picture as being solely against women when it was clearly targeting a mixed group of men and women.
So yes, they lie.
I don't know, it would be much easier to assess whether you're a rapist shitlord if we actually saw the picture :twisted:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Really? wrote:
Just because some of us have made zero effort to look like Bigfoot doesn't mean strangers shouldn't immediately know we are Bigfoots and treat us accordingly.
We have Yeti here and nobody has denied his existence so. QED.