Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by comhcinc »

Fezzik wrote:Damn it, Commie.

What are you English? Don't like good dental care?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:I don't know if Steersman is really a racist or just a contrarian troll. He surely seems to enjoy disagreement for disagreement's sake.
No he doesn't.
Shut your festering gob y'tit...

(I really hope I'm not wrong with this!)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Bhurzum wrote:
Shut your festering gob y'tit...
[youtube]HbvYeLxMKN8[/youtube]

Fezzik

Post by Fezzik »

comhcinc wrote: What are you English? Don't like good dental care?
When it gets in the way of Challenge Wank Wednesday, no. No, I don't.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Fezzik wrote:
comhcinc wrote: What are you English? Don't like good dental care?
When it gets in the way of Challenge Wank Wednesday, no. No, I don't.

I hear you hard not to wank to her isn't it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube]Qq8y5Hd3yyw[/youtube]
Brother Nate is absolutely right about the decent treatment of the American trespassers.
When Brother Nate is giving a more balanced treatment than CNN to the matter you know there is a problem.

Fezzik

Post by Fezzik »

comhcinc wrote: I hear you hard not to wank to her isn't it.
i believe I am now obligated to call you a shitlord on the possibility that you mis-gendered xie.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Fezzik wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I hear you hard not to wank to her isn't it.
i believe I am now obligated to call you a shitlord on the possibility that you mis-gendered xie.

I prefer Trash Wizard.

Also I don't wank off to Bailey Jay, anymore. Her stuff is way too tame.

Fezzik

Post by Fezzik »

comhcinc wrote:
I prefer Trash Wizard.

You know, I am going to take your word on that. Ride Wank on, Trash Wizard.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Fezzik wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I prefer Trash Wizard.

You shouldn't. You should ask for evidence.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Fezzik wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I prefer Trash Wizard.

Ole cumsink is the antimatter to another lurker's matter.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

comhcinc wrote:
paddybrown wrote:
If someone I'd never spoken to before who looked like Natalie Portman approached me for coffee in a lift, I would be terrified. That is just so far out of the ordinary in my life, there's gotta be something dodgy going on. I'm going to wake up with a kidney removed or something.

I am like you. At this point I would loudly and rudely tell her to fuck right off with whatever games she has. I would then spend the next two weeks mastrbating to the memeory of her.

Fuck my life is sad.
I wouldn't freak out, I'd assume that it wasn't sex given I'm 54 and look it. I would ask why me?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Michael J wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
paddybrown wrote:
If someone I'd never spoken to before who looked like Natalie Portman approached me for coffee in a lift, I would be terrified. That is just so far out of the ordinary in my life, there's gotta be something dodgy going on. I'm going to wake up with a kidney removed or something.

I am like you. At this point I would loudly and rudely tell her to fuck right off with whatever games she has. I would then spend the next two weeks mastrbating to the memeory of her.

Fuck my life is sad.
I wouldn't freak out, I'd assume that it wasn't sex given I'm 54 and look it. I would ask why me?
https://scentsofself.files.wordpress.co ... kidney.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

paddybrown wrote: The problem I have with the film of V For Vendetta is that they do the whole concentration camp sequence pretty much shot for shot from the comic, but they strip it of any meaning. In the comic, it's a brainwashing exercise - V is putting Evey through what he went through in an effort to get her to think like him, and it kind of works, and Evey becomes the new V - but it shows that V is a single-minded fanatic who's prepared to torture people close to him for the sake of his cause. In the film, he doesn't have a cause other than personal revenge, and he does all the same stuff to Evey, but for no very clear reason, and when it's all over she's unchanged and just goes home. It makes no sense.
I love that film, but that sequence is a problem for me, too.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Michael J wrote:
feathers wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Lol, islamaphobia spelling shocker, did Ahmed of suitcase bomb fame move to England?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-35354061
Nothing like having the Armed Response Unit about the house for improving your spelling.
I also wonder if it was a Dad joke gone wrong, and the father referred to it as a terrorist house. It's the sort of thing I'd do.
I think this is the best explanation. 'Terrorist House' is not really a thing at all. It's definitely not a phrase actual terrorists would use.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Colonisation of coding by SJWs

http://paul-m-jones.com/archives/6214

Interesting links at the end, haven't read through them all yet.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This is so ridiculous. Anita has a scientific inspection of butt coverings in video games. She is obsessed, all that research she has done by playing video games has pushed her over the edge. Maybe gaming can cause serious brain damage?
[youtube]ujTufg1GvR4[/youtube]
The Amazing Atheist's take down of this drivel is nicely done. Anita is a risible loon at this point, and her continued success is as bizarre as it is depressing. Do feminists actually AGREE with her sex-negative tripe? Or is it just the fact that she calls herself a feminist, and therefore is automatically to be supported because reasons? She is a fucking joke, why isn't this obvious to people.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

rayshul wrote:Colonisation of coding by SJWs

http://paul-m-jones.com/archives/6214

Interesting links at the end, haven't read through them all yet.
Wow that quite the shit-storm in a tea cup there.

This is the tweet that started the call for a coder to be banned for being transphobic:
This is the exchange that followed in which a goonie necked-beared hipster twat totally misrepresents what was said and announces the world is dying because of a tweet:

http://i.imgur.com/Q4vJfyg.jpg

lets take a moment to analysis the profile of this outstanding trans ally:

1. neckbeard: check
2. male: check
3. profile lists pronouns preferred: check
4. profile mentions #blacklivesmatter: check
5. white: check

I'm also loving the nifty way he manages to communicate his pronoun preference: http://pronoun.is/he . Handy for those non-native English speakers who might be wanting to know how to correctly use his preferred pronoun without giving offense.

The github issues page ( https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941 ) for the ending-of-the-world-via-tweet bug is an excellent resource for playing spot the trans-ally SJW by the photo, and then read the comment to confirm your cognitive biases:

http://i.imgur.com/hvbUA68.jpg

Two of these photos are genuine coders who respect the rights of others to hold a contrary position while still being able to code. 4 are twats.

Excellent find Rayshul, it is a microcosm for the issues of SJW infiltration of bullshit and stupidity designed to dumb down the world.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZIwGRsWYAQeJ_p.jpg

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

To the extent these CoCs are for open source projects one firewall is the open source license that allows a fork (or in such cases, a fork you).

But these CoCs are for organizations and communities and projects that cannot be easily forked. So that's fucked.

If I were a 4chan kind of guy I would try to create an open source license that looked like GPL or looked like Berkeley or MIT or what have you and yet required fealty to the Ada Initiative CoC just to help raise the stakes and make it clear to people that what's at stake is the code, the community, jobs, freedom, etc.

In that sense, "Free Software" FSF style was/is strictly about "free as in speech not free as in beer"

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software” to show we do not mean it is gratis.

We campaign for these freedoms because everyone deserves them. With these freedoms, the users (both individually and collectively) control the program and what it does for them. When users don't control the program, we call it a “nonfree” or “proprietary” program. The nonfree program controls the users, and the developer controls the program; this makes the program an instrument of unjust power.
It's galling to see the freeze peach crowd rushing to install CoCs and take away freedom of speech.

Soapy Stevens

Post by Soapy Stevens »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:It's galling to see the freeze peach crowd rushing to install CoCs and take away freedom of speech.
The one encouraging factor is that SJWs like Ehmke are too stupid and lazy to go about it in a way that works. I guess the Opal project did eventually crumble and fall in line but the way Ehmke and xer allies went about it hung a giant red flag over the CoC issue.

On the fact of it, a CoC doesn't sound too bad. "It's about people being nice to each other: what's wrong with that?"

But when you look at the way that the Opal contributors were being strongarmed to adopt this CoC just so the project would wind up banning one guy who happened to tweet some stuff not in his native language and where the pitchfork-holders still conspired to misrepresent what he actually wrote, it became clear what the CoC movement was really about.

If you actually wanted to exercise SJW control over the open-source communities, you'd start in places where you could introduce these things uncontroversially and then turn the screws.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:This is so ridiculous. Anita has a scientific inspection of butt coverings in video games. She is obsessed, all that research she has done by playing video games has pushed her over the edge. Maybe gaming can cause serious brain damage?
[youtube]ujTufg1GvR4[/youtube]
The Amazing Atheist's take down of this drivel is nicely done. Anita is a risible loon at this point, and her continued success is as bizarre as it is depressing. Do feminists actually AGREE with her sex-negative tripe? Or is it just the fact that she calls herself a feminist, and therefore is automatically to be supported because reasons? She is a fucking joke, why isn't this obvious to people.
Take heart as it is obvious even to SJW's.

Many SJW's agree she is a joke, at least those who are gamers. She is also sex negative which goes against the narrative. She has produced a few videos at great expense using other peoples footage and money, is obviously clueless about gaming and repeats the same tired and worn out points rather than producing an intelligent analyses using reliable sources. She has damaged the chances of having a productive discussion and harms women in gaming. She has not met one commitment she made during her kickstarter. Not one. What a surprise.

She started to unravel when she took an anti-violance in gaming stance several months ago which was shown to be false years ago. She recently said she is slowing down (from a crawl to a stop I assume) so expect no more from her. She will switch to another scam. There's plenty to choose from.

She was a useful idiot who made a ton of cash but her time has passed (like Myers in a way) That is the general feeling I am getting anyway.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Make $$, get out, find a new gravy train. Not a bad plan really.

feathers

Post by feathers »

JackSkeptic wrote:Many SJW's agree she is a joke, at least those who are gamers. She is also sex negative which goes against the narrative. She has produced a few videos at great expense using other peoples footage and money, is obviously clueless about gaming and repeats the same tired and worn out points rather than producing an intelligent analyses using reliable sources. She has damaged the chances of having a productive discussion and harms women in gaming. She has not met one commitment she made during her kickstarter. Not one. What a surprise.
Wait, there's a video on her Kickstarter: "Bonus Video: 5 Ways Men Can Help End Sexism" which is for backers only.

Asking for money to create videos to increase public awareness, which then are not publicly accessible- that makes complete sense.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

feathers wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:Many SJW's agree she is a joke, at least those who are gamers. She is also sex negative which goes against the narrative. She has produced a few videos at great expense using other peoples footage and money, is obviously clueless about gaming and repeats the same tired and worn out points rather than producing an intelligent analyses using reliable sources. She has damaged the chances of having a productive discussion and harms women in gaming. She has not met one commitment she made during her kickstarter. Not one. What a surprise.
Wait, there's a video on her Kickstarter: "Bonus Video: 5 Ways Men Can Help End Sexism" which is for backers only.

Asking for money to create videos to increase public awareness, which then are not publicly accessible- that makes complete sense.
She also tried flogging them to gullible education boards. Imagine the profit? I've heard nothing more on that though.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My brother in law had a stroke yesterday at 57 years of age. He of the conspiracy mindset.

In hospital in a dazed, "feels like Im drunk" frame of mind. His "OMG big medicine" mantra is silent now.

Lets see.

He lost his hand when he was about 20 but struggled and got his mech engineering degree.
Recurring pain ever since.
Lost his job in the resources crunch around 2 years ago and hasn't recovered.
Lost his marriage when his wife got cancer due to his alt mindset which hated doctors.
Lost a child to suicide - due to extant depression ramped up by mothers illness
Lost his wife to the big C
Lost his super when he had to "retire" early and draw on it as only source of living funds (mortgage etc).

Currently living alone in a small house made unsellable by virtue of being half pulled apart with a failed "do it yourself" reno and still filled with 20 years of shit despite skip attacks. Located in Townsville which is a tropical shit hole in economic recession.

And now he is incapacitated by stroke.

Life is a bitch.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Weirdness on FtB traffic.

http://i.imgur.com/T4MyZBG.jpg

Could it be the Thunderf00t /Carrier issue? Or was there something else?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So it turns out 'terrorist' house wasn't a spelling mistake and the police were investigating possible child abuse:

Lancashire police say 'terrorist house' incident not about spelling mistake

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 24481.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Søren Lilholt wrote: The Amazing Atheist's take down of this drivel is nicely done. Anita is a risible loon at this point, and her continued success is as bizarre as it is depressing. Do feminists actually AGREE with her sex-negative tripe? Or is it just the fact that she calls herself a feminist, and therefore is automatically to be supported because reasons? She is a fucking joke, why isn't this obvious to people.
Anita has always been a laughable loon. The premise of her series is that video games are riddled with misogyny and cause misogyny in real life. She's not come to that conclusion from some evidence, she twists whatever she can find to prove her point (when she doesn't flat out lie like with Hitman).

Using her methods you can prove that every fictional work is sexist. If it features women they're just a prize (Damsels in Distress, Women as Reward), too sexy (Sexy Fuck Toys, Background Decoration) too masculine-looking (Mrs. Male) too emotionally involved with and depended from the male protagonist (Manix Pixie Dream Girl), too emotionally cold and shallow (Emotionless Girl), too few of them (the Smurfette Principle) too evil (Evil Demon Seductress) too good (Pure Virgin and the Madonna/Whore complex).

If it doesn't feature women it fails the Bechdel Test by default.

The only female character that she has praised unconditionally is the Scythian, a pixellated image who doesn't show she's woman but only indirectly informs us about her "feminity".

This is a good representation of Sarkeesian's feminist ideas. Her ideas about women exclude her real women with their differences and imperfections in order to worship the abstract perfect "feminine". Women shouldn't be free as individuals: they should be "liberated as a class", i.e. brainwashed into the utopia of the Greater Feminine, which will end all struggles, all violence, all evil, all bad thoughts and bad sex, all impurity from the ideal of feminine just by following Sarkeesian's rules.

Anita Sarkeesian wants a world forged on her image: an inspid po-mo feel good mish-mash whcih governs every aspect of everyone's life. She wants people to be Stepford Wife-ish cutboard cutouts, who never have any violent, disagreeable, or not squeaky clean thought. She is just as kooky as a Scientologist.

The reason why she's so popular is that she's adopted the language of the Hollywood elite. She's friends with Joss Whedon, who should be her fiercest enemy according to his positions on violence and sexuality, because she speaks like him, moves like him, reasons like him.

The biggest mistake you can make is to believe that an artist who has fought for his own freedom of speech and thought care about freedom of speech and thought in general.

More often than not they just want to replace the old standards with some new standards, usually their own. Whedon, the pro-feminist nerd, wants Hollywood to be all about pro-feminst nerds. Sarkeesian speaks like a pro-feminist nerd (although she's not particularly nerdy), uses his language, his tone. He doesn't really care about the contents of her videos. I doubt he's even watched all of them.

What matters is to signal to the world how much of a feminist and a good guy ol' Josh is. He's not a neanderthalian sexist pig, he's not one of the bullying jocks. He's the sensitive friend, the clownish lovable loser, and that's why he's so much better than the rabble.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Whedon has never had to fight for his freedom of speech. People like Larry Flynt did that for him.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Fezzik wrote:
Dave wrote:
Last night, I was handing out beer samples at a competition. This one youngish woman rather liked my beer and brought over a couple of guys she was with (turns out to be her brothers) to taste.
While the resulting conversation was interesting, I think an important question has been overlooked: Dave, what kind of beer was it?
Im calling it a session stout. Basically, a Russian Imperial Stout in flavor profile, but I tried to dial back the body some, so you could have three or four. The goal was a nice apres-ski beer. I think it was moderately successful. Had several people asking where they can buy six-packs of it. Thats a decent complement for a hobbyist.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Shatterface wrote:Whedon has never had to fight for his freedom of speech. People like Larry Flynt did that for him.
Whedon is milquetoast in work. Nothing is pushing anywhere near the bounds of freedom of speech. He not only hasnt had to fight for it, he hasnt taken advantage of the fights that others did.

Look, I enjoy a lot of his shit, but as light entertainment. I mean Firefly was fun and all, but it was basically Gunsmoke in Space.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Dave wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Whedon has never had to fight for his freedom of speech. People like Larry Flynt did that for him.
Whedon is milquetoast in work. Nothing is pushing anywhere near the bounds of freedom of speech. He not only hasnt had to fight for it, he hasnt taken advantage of the fights that others did.

Look, I enjoy a lot of his shit, but as light entertainment. I mean Firefly was fun and all, but it was basically Gunsmoke in Space.
His shows wouldn't get the Sarkeesian seal of approval. They all feature fighting fuck toys. Oh, and remember the heat he took because some feminists either stupidly or deliberately misinterpreted what Black Widow meant when she referred to herself as a "monster" in the thoroughly disappointing Age of Ultron? Yet he doesn't learn and continues to grovel.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Has Whedon ever made a film or TV show which didn't prominently feature stunningly attractive young women in cheerleader outfits and/or tight leather trousers?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If so, I don't want to see it.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

:o

cnut the great

Post by cnut the great »

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

cnut the great wrote:Hemant Mehta has a write up http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... named-ceo/
Hemant wonder what this might mean to the CFI fanboys:
On a philosophical note, CFI has historically been known for its promotion of Secular Humanism while Dawkins is obviously Mr. Atheism. While that’s a distinction without a difference for most people, I wonder if any CFI loyalists will be upset.
Nope, can't see it myself, I'm sure they'll all be tickety-boo with the inclusion of Richard Dawkins.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:
cnut the great wrote:Hemant Mehta has a write up http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... named-ceo/
On a philosophical note, CFI has historically been known for its promotion of Secular Humanism while Dawkins is obviously Mr. Atheism. While that’s a distinction without a difference for most people, I wonder if any CFI loyalists will be upset.
Nope, can't see it myself, I'm sure they'll all be tickety-boo with the inclusion of Richard Dawkins.
I'm sure Melody Hensley is overjoyed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Meanwhile over at the Shoop Roost, Giliell announces what we all suspected - Quinoa is racist.
Giliell says:
January 20, 2016 at 2:57 AM
re: food
I wouldn’t call it a conspiracy, I’d simply call it a scam. And racist. Sure, Quinoa and Amaranth may be nice, but they’re also expensive. They are exotic food traditionally consumed by “people who are still in touch with nature”, i.e. the Noble Savage trope .

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ryngula%29
We’ll have to see how this shakes out. It looks from here like the RDF is absorbing CFI, which could get…interesting.
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Melody's departure from CFI (prior knowledge perhaps) and her recent ascent into not-bothering-with-twitter-anymore.

I honestly can't see anything too objectionable about the CFI-RDF merger, though I'm sure the SJW end of the atheosphere will find something to whine about, as is their wont.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dave wrote:

Firefly was evil, because: of the nine main characters, none were trans*. Only two token PoCs, and only about half were women. Sure, Christina Hendricks had an import, reoccurring role as a clever, independent rogue. But they showed her naked in one scene, thus turning her character into nothing more than a sex object. Outrageous.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

From the press release:
Richard Dawkins, founder and chair of RDFRS, will become a member of the CFI board of directors along with the other directors of RDFRS once the merger is complete.
Yes. :popcorn: indeed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:Meanwhile over at the Shoop Roost, Giliell announces what we all suspected - Quinoa is racist.
Giliell says:
I wouldn’t call it a conspiracy, I’d simply call it a scam. And racist. Sure, Quinoa and Amaranth may be nice, but they’re also expensive. They are exotic food traditionally consumed by “people who are still in touch with nature”, i.e. the Noble Savage trope .
Everything is racist for Gillell. Abscence of some PoC artists in a list about gret artists? Racist. PoCs living in Germany and therefore being "isolated from PoC culture"? Racist. Reporting on the crimes of a crowd of Middle Eastern men while not blaming white men at the same time? Incredibly racist. PZ's old articles on Islam? Racist. Cultural appropriation? Racist, unless it's Gilliel who does, because she's so incredibly sensitive to other cultures.

For Giliell every white person is racist but Giliell and her SJW friends. Unless they slip up,, in which case she will sarcastically correct them. She's never racist, though, not even when she dismisses Aayan Hirsi Ali's opinions on Islam as the product of a feeble-minded self-hating WoC who supports white supremacy.

Giliell is pure, so she can correct all us sinners racist. And be as condescending and smug as she wants while she does it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:Has Whedon ever made a film or TV show which didn't prominently feature stunningly attractive young women in cheerleader outfits and/or tight leather trousers?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HunnyBunny wrote:Meanwhile over at the Shoop Roost, Giliell announces what we all suspected - Quinoa is racist.
Giliell says:
Yeah, Gilliel -- better you just stick to scarfing jars of Nutella with your fingers.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:From the press release:
Richard Dawkins, founder and chair of RDFRS, will become a member of the CFI board of directors along with the other directors of RDFRS once the merger is complete.
Yes. :popcorn: indeed.
Also, the RDFRS CEO who becomes CEO of the merged organisation? Highly problematic.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Dave wrote:

Firefly was evil, because: of the nine main characters, none were trans*. Only two token PoCs, and only about half were women. Sure, Christina Hendricks had an import, reoccurring role as a clever, independent rogue. But they showed her naked in one scene, thus turning her character into nothing more than a sex object. Outrageous.
Also Summer Glau drifted from Damsel in Distress to Fighting Fuck Toy. Jewel Staite was a Manic Pixie Dream Girl who often became a Damsel in Distress. To say nothing of the Prostituted Woman played by Morena Baccarin (who also was a Woman as a Background Decoration). Or of the fact that a WoC (also a Fighting Fuck Toy) played by Gina Torres was second in command to a white male and called him "Sir"! If that's not racist, I don't know what it is.

Did you also know that Whedon is probably a rapist?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Who are the downsides going to fall on Zvan, come on tell us!

"...people who've criticized him effectively" . OK so not you or anyone at FTB then, gotcha.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: Firefly was evil, because: of the nine main characters, none were trans*. Only two token PoCs, and only about half were women. Sure, Christina Hendricks had an import, reoccurring role as a clever, independent rogue. But they showed her naked in one scene, thus turning her character into nothing more than a sex object. Outrageous.
There's also the heavy-handed American Civil War analogies and the fact Whedon clearly sides with the South.

Also Summer Glau drifted from Damsel in Distress to Fighting Fuck Toy. Jewel Staite was a Manic Pixie Dream Girl who often became a Damsel in Distress. To say nothing of the Prostituted Woman played by Morena Baccarin (who also was a Woman as a Background Decoration). Or of the fact that a WoC (also a Fighting Fuck Toy) played by Gina Torres was second in command to a white male and called him "Sir"! If that's not racist, I don't know what it is.

Did you also know that Whedon is probably a rapist?[/quote]

They might as well have called the ship the General Lee and painted it with a Confederate flag.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Quote fail.

Dave

Post by Dave »

HunnyBunny wrote: Who are the downsides going to fall on Zvan, come on tell us!

"...people who've criticized him effectively" . OK so not you or anyone at FTB then, gotcha.
"...the potential of Dawkins on the CFI board for people who've criticized him effectively."

WTF does that even mean?

Does she think being on the CFI board will give Dawkins a bigger bully stick to beat his critics with? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or is she just stringing random words together?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote: Did you also know that Whedon is probably a rapist?
...which completely demonises women as well as pornifying male violence against us.
Pornifying is the greatest new word I've learned in a long, long time.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I also adored this little gem.
Let me just say now that I have never personally known of a healthy relationship between a white man and a woman of colour.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

kellym
21 January 2016 at 10:53 am
I think it means that CFI will become even more Slymepit-friendly than it became under Lindsay. Also, more Christina Hoff Sommers-feminist (read: anti-feminist). Given the large anti-feminist component of organized atheism, this will probably be a good move for both. So, no chance of my rejoining or ever contributing to CFI in the future. I’m finding non-atheist groups to join that more align with my values.
Great to see someone at FTB spelling Slymepit correctly, well done KellyM.
PZ Myers
21 January 2016 at 10:59 am
My atheism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit, and I see little sign that this represents an opening up of the movement, but more of a narrowing.
But I’ll wait and see. I’ve heard good things about Robyn Blumner, and I’ll give her a chance.
"I’ll give her a chance" :fpig:

I give Myers chance until next Thursday-ish. I'm sure he is already sacrificing a goat and collecting the blood with which he will damn her with a thousand words of vitriol.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ryngula%29

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HunnyBunny wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ryngula%29
We’ll have to see how this shakes out. It looks from here like the RDF is absorbing CFI, which could get…interesting.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
Dude!

https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... s-it-mean/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jet_lagg wrote:I also adored this little gem.
Let me just say now that I have never personally known of a healthy relationship between a white man and a woman of colour.
Sally Hemmings?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Also Summer Glau drifted from Damsel in Distress to Fighting Fuck Toy. Jewel Staite was a Manic Pixie Dream Girl who often became a Damsel in Distress. To say nothing of the Prostituted Woman played by Morena Baccarin (who also was a Woman as a Background Decoration). Or of the fact that a WoC (also a Fighting Fuck Toy) played by Gina Torres was second in command to a white male and called him "Sir"! If that's not racist, I don't know what it is.

Did you also know that Whedon is probably a rapist?
They might as well have called the ship the General Lee and painted it with a Confederate flag.
OK ... you guys have convinced me that there is probably enough misogyny in Firefly to make it worth watching.